Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
King Jamie's Court No you silly Miami Heat fans, not King LeBron James! We're talking about Congress's Favorite Banker JPMC's Jamie Dimon! More on that in a bit. If you missed RoF last week with Academy Award nominated filmmaker Rachel Grady discussing the new film “Detropia” check out Detropia the movie! SYNOPSIS: Detroit's story has encapsulated the iconic narrative of America over the last century— the Great Migration of African Americans escaping Jim Crow; the rise of manufacturing and the middle class; the love affair with automobiles; the flowering of the American dream; and now . . . the collapse of the economy and the fading American mythos. With its vivid, painterly palette and haunting score, DETROPIA sculpts a dreamlike collage of a grand city teetering on the brink of dissolution. As houses are demolished by the thousands, automobile-company wages plummet, institutions crumble, and tourists gawk at the "charming decay," the film's vibrant, gutsy characters glow and erupt like flames from the ashes. These soulful pragmatists and stalwart philosophers strive to make ends meet and make sense of it all, refusing to abandon hope or resistance. Their grit and pluck embody the spirit of the Motor City as it struggles to survive postindustrial America and begins to envision a radically different future.
Last week we alluded to David Sirota's item The War on Whistle-Blowers and Sirota makes some excellent points. When a democracy functions properly, media revelations of executive branch misconduct typically result in an investigation by the legislative branch. Watergate epitomized this healthy dynamic—illegal acts exposed by the Washington Post prompted congressional hearings and ultimately prosecutions. In other words, checks and balances functioned properly, and the system both cleansed itself of wrongdoers and rejected the Nixonian notion that no matter what a president does, it is inherently legal. So when The New York Times this week ran the headline “Senate Will Investigate National Security Leaks About Terrorism ‘Kill List,’” it was a frightening sign that something has gone horribly wrong since the Woodward-and-Bernstein days. ..... the memo laying out this utterly preposterous legal theory is secret—and, of course, hasn’t been ratified by any court. In terms of size, scope and long-term effects, this program makes the Watergate scandal look altogether quaint. You would therefore think that at minimum, even the most flaccid, rubber-stamp Congress might ask a few questions about the president’s “kill list” and the dangerous precedents it sets. But evidently, you would be wrong. As the Times noted in that subsequent follow-up story, Congress is focused not on shutting down—or even overseeing—the assassination program. It is instead focused on making sure those who blew the whistle on it are punished. Why? Because that will ensure that other such unauthorized programs can continue. If you think that description of motive is overwrought hyperbole, think again. As Sen. John McCain (R) made clear, he wants revelations of illegal activity halted and possibly prosecuted specifically because “such disclosures can only undermine similar ongoing or future operations.” This, of course, is part of a broader campaign against those who are courageously exposing illegality. As former Foreign Service officer Peter Van Buren reports, the federal government is now targeting whistleblowers for recrimination, with “the number of cases (against whistleblowers) suggest(ing) an organized strategy to deprive Americans of knowledge of the more disreputable things that their government does.” That’s right—rather than celebrating the heroes who expose wrongdoing and then stopping the illegal acts, the government is shooting the messengers in order to let the crimes continue.
If you are an Obama partisan who insists the crackdown is appropriate because your favored politician is in power, take heed of the president’s own warning. As he said a few years ago, allowing any executive to ignore the Constitution is problematic because “you never know who is going to be president four years from now.” You also never know what other executive might make the same moves in your own hometown. After all, if a president is arguing that indictments, juries and trials aren’t necessary to execute someone, it’s not hard to imagine a governor or mayor arguing the same thing when locking people up. That’s why this war on whistleblowers is not just some theoretical problem only for academics to debate or for foreigners to worry about. It represents a genuine domestic threat to democracy itself. If through our silence and complacency we allow that threat to expand, we shouldn’t be surprised when more of us are in the government’s crosshairs. Well said, David. Here are a few items of interest you should check out:
- BusinessInsider.com Former Pentagon Analyst Says China Can Shut Down All The Telecom Gear It Sold To The US
- Christian Science Monitor Iran's nuclear program: 4 things you probably didn't know
- Tales of the Freewayblogger Wake Up and Smell Los Angeles
- RT via TheIntelHub.com 'Parliament Must be Dissolved' – Egypt’s Highest Court
- Christian Science Monitor Supreme Court declines case accusing Donald Rumsfeld of torture The Supreme Court declined to hear an appeal arguing the US government violated the constitutional rights of citizen José Padilla by detaining and subjecting him to harsh interrogation as an enemy combatant suspected of having links to Al Qaeda.
- offshore millions of American jobs,
- free the banksters from oversight,
- ban Buy America policies needed to create green jobs and rebuild our economy,
- decrease access to medicine,
- flood the U.S. with unsafe food and products,
- and empower corporations to attack our environmental and health safeguards.
- The newly leaked document is one of the most controversial of the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade pact. It addresses a broad sweep of regulations governing international investment and reveals the Obama administration’s advocacy for policies that environmental activists, financial reform advocates and labor unions have long rejected for eroding key protections currently in domestic laws. Under the agreement currently being advocated by the Obama administration, American corporations would continue to be subject to domestic laws and regulations on the environment, banking and other issues. But foreign corporations operating within the U.S. would be permitted to appeal key American legal or regulatory rulings to an international tribunal. That international tribunal would be granted the power to overrule American law and impose trade sanctions on the United States for failing to abide by its rulings.
- Yes, Jen. We. Are. Here.
Meanwhile.......this Tweet made me lol...in a sad gut wrenching way. :P
- Jesse LaGreca@JesseLaGreca
Looking forward to the moment when Jamie Dimon holds up a treat & the whole Senate Committee gets up on their hind legs like he taught them
Monday, June 11, 2012
- Mariela Castro @ Democracy NOW! Mariela Castro, Daughter of Cuban President, Helps Lead Struggle for LGBTQ Rights in Changing Cuba & Mariela Castro on Ending the Embargo & Swapping Cuban Five for Jailed U.S. Contractor Alan Gross
- Saul Landau @ Democracy NOW! Will the Real Terrorist Please Stand Up: Saul Landau on U.S.-Aided Anti-Castro Militants & the Cuban 5
- Shayana Kadidal & Andy Worthington @ Democracy NOW! Supreme Court Rejects Gitmo Appeals, Spelling Potential End to Prisoners’ Legal Fight for Release
- Don Gorton, an LGBTQ rights advocate @ Democracy NOW! Romney Blocked Anti-Bullying Guide as Mass. Governor over Mention of "Bisexual," "Transgender"
- Chantal Berman, Democracy Now! fellow & Patrick Markee, senior policy analyst at Coalition for the Homeless in New York City @ Democracy NOW! Bloomberg Cuts Threaten Thousands with Eviction as NYC Homeless Population Hits Record 43,000
- Journalist Patrick Seale vs. Activist Rafif Jouejati @ Democracy NOW! Is Syria in a Civil War? Journalist Patrick Seale Debates Activist Rafif Jouejati on a Just Response
- Military Suicides Roundtable @ Democracy NOW! Military Suicide Epidemic: More U.S. Soldiers Have Killed Themselves Than Died on Battlefield in 2012
- NOMI PRINS @ Democracy NOW! JPMorgan Chase CEO Gets Warm Hill Welcome from Senators Flooded with Millions in Wall St. Donations
- LORI WALLACH, director of Public Citizen’s Global Trade Watch @ Democracy NOW! Breaking ’08 Pledge, Leaked Trade Doc Shows Obama Wants to Help Corporations Avoid Regulations
- Jesselyn Radack, former ethics adviser to the United States Department of Justice @ Democracy NOW! After Unprecedented Attack on Whistleblowers, Obama Admin Accused of Leaking Info for Political Gain
- Sharif Abdel Kouddous, Democracy Now! correspondent reporting from Cairo @ Democracy NOW! A Judicial Coup in Egypt: Muslim Brotherhood-Controlled Parliament Dissolved, Military Gains Power
- RALPH NADER @ Democracy NOW! Ralph Nader: 30 Million Workers Would Benefit from Raising Minimum Wage to 1968 Level AND Overcoming Corporatism: Nader on 2012 Race, Wisconsin Recall, Attack on Pensions & the Supreme Court
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW Do We Need A Coming-Out Movement for the Poor? Is poverty such a problem in the US because poverty alleviation programs don't work, or because we have too many low-wage jobs? Peter Edelman of Georgetown University Law Center joins Laura Flanders to explain how we became a nation that fails to help its most needy citizens, what can be done and his new book, So Rich So Poor.
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NASCAR TNT It's the Quicken Loans 400 on the flat wide-open 2-mile oval! Coverage begins at 12:00 pm et
»»» MLB Sunday TBS Interleague Play! Yankees @ Nationals 1:30 pm et
»»» MLB Sunday Night ESPN Red Sox @ Cubs 8 pm et
»»» MLB Monday Night ESPN Braves @ Yankees 7 pm et
»»» MLB Wednesday Night ESPN2 Cardinals @ Tigers 7 pm et
»»» NBA FINALS on ABCOklahoma City @ Miami Game 3 - Series tied 1-1 Coverage begins at 9 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
- Please SIGN THE PETITION in support of the "99%'s Deficit Proposal" and plan direct actions to tell the Super Committee that the 99% have better solutions to our nation's crises. You can plan your own action at your Congressmember's office or join us in Freedom Plaza in Washington, DC for marches to Capitol Hill. Check our calendar for announcements.
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.org A Push for Privacy in the Wake of the Carrier IQ Controversy Remember Carrier IQ, the company that makes the secret spying software that’s installed on more than 140 million phones? You know, the software that can record our most sensitive personal data? ... Thanks in part to the 22,000 people who joined Free Press’ call for a congressional investigation, some of those questions are closer to being answered and mobile users are closer to being protected. The protection comes in the form of a bill from Massachusetts Rep. Ed Markey. Markey released a draft of a bill called the "Mobile Device Privacy Act" that would require phone companies to disclose to users just what is being done with all of their data. If the bill passes, an opt-out provision would go into effect a year later and would require companies to allow users to opt out of data-collection schemes like the one developed by Carrier IQ........
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar featuring David Cobb's Barnstorming Tour! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is running again in FL-8! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network
UPDATE! Michael Ratner on ANTIWAR RADIO Michael Ratner May 2, 2012: Michael Ratner, President Emeritus of the Center for Constitutional Rights, discusses his article “Bradley Manning: a show trial of state secrecy;” Manning’s quasi-public trial (which is open to observation, yet vital evidence and court documents are withheld from the media and public); why the NY Times is just as guilty of “aiding the enemy” as Manning and WikiLeaks; how President Obama and Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta made a fair trial impossible; and how you can support Bradley Manning in his time of need.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATIONHelp save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012
AFGHANISTAN: 2,009 US Military Dead as of June 14, 2012
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) anchor George Stephanopoulos with Jake Tapper subbing
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• White House senior adviser David Plouffe
• former Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum
• ROUNDTABLE: Romney national campaign co-chair and former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, ABC News' George Will, political strategist and ABC News political analyst Matthew Dowd, former Obama economic adviser and ABC News consultant Austan Goolsbee, and editor and publisher of The Nation Katrina vanden Heuvel.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• On the trail with Mitt Romney
• former Vermont Governor and 2004 Democratic Presidential Candidate Howard Dean
• Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
• ROUNDTABLE: The Wall Street Journal's Peggy Noonan, National Review & TIME Magazine's Richard Lowry, CBS News Political Correspondent Jan Crawford and CBS News Political Director John Dickerson
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Insiders - Steve Kroft reports on how America's lawmakers could legally buy stock based on non-public information simply because they wouldn't pass a law against themselves - a law they finally passed after this story first ran. Ira Rosen and Gabrielle Schonder are the producers.
• Freeman Hrabowski - University President Freeman Hrabowski has turned the University of Maryland Baltimore County into a well-known producer of outstanding scientists and engineers, many of whom are minorities. Byron Pitts reports. David Schneider is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• White House senior adviser David Plouffe
• Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)
• ROUNDTABLE: Washington Post associate editor David Maraniss; presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin; TIME’s Mark Halperin; Fmr. Rep. Harold Ford, Jr. (D-TN); and the Wall Street Journal’s Kim Strassel.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• White House Senior Adviser, David Plouffe
• former presidential candidate Rick Santorum
• Senator John Barrasso (R-WY)
• Ranking Member of the House Budget Committee, Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD)
• ROUNDTABLE: Matt Bai of the New York Times and Jessica Yellin, CNN’s Chief White House Correspondent
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• Prayer Meetin' Wednesday!!!!! Uber Pope/Imam/Rabbi Bob lets the Religious Right have it! Listen HERE (mp3) NOW! Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - June 14th IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Big Oil worried about global warming! And still fighting to keep their billion-dollar taxpayer subsidies; OPEC fights to raise oil prices; Koch-funded Americans For Prosperity fights environmental extremist kite-flying schoolchildren; PLUS: Hey Fox 'News', whaddaya say now that gas prices have fallen? ... [cue: crickets] ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Poll: Independents (even Republicans) concerned about global warming, support clean energy; NY fracking proposal creates "sacrifice zones" in poor counties; NOAA: Hottest May on record; US solar installations jump 85%; SunEdison brings solar to India villages; Battery maker A123 unveils "breakthrough"; Diesel exhaust causes lung cancer; Deep divisions at UN's Rio+20 conference next week; Forest floors add moregreenhouse gases in a warming climate ... PLUS: Mayor Bloomberg Offering $9 Million for Good Ideas ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE: ACLU Files Suit to Block 'Illegal' Purge of 'Potential Non-Citizen' Voters in Florida Guest blogged by Ernest A. Canning - The state of Florida and it's Secretary of State Ken Detzner (R) are knowingly violating Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act in their attempted purge of "potential non-citizens" from the Sunshine State voting rolls, according to a new federal lawsuit [PDF] filed by the ACLU and the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law. The complaint follows on the heels of a May 31, 2012 two-page letter submitted to FL election officials by T. Christian Herren, the chief lawyer of the U.S. Justice Department's Voting Rights Division. In his letter, Herren opined that the state's voter roll purge is in violation of Section 5 --- at least in the 6 Florida counties "covered" by that section --- because the state has not sought preclearance from either the DOJ or a federal court, as required by that section of the 40-year old federal law. Additionally, the DOJ notes in its letter, the purge, coming as it does within the 90 days before Florida's federal primary election, is also in violation of the National Voter Registration Act (NVRA) which covers the entire state. In response, FL State Department spokesman Chris Cates initially said they would continue the purge nonetheless, as they were "firmly committed to doing the right thing and preventing ineligible voters from being able to cast a ballot." In his official response to the DOJ a few days later, Detzner all but challenged the feds to bring a suit in order to stop the state from continuing their efforts...........
• BRADCAST UPDATE! GUEST HOSTING the Mike Malloy Show (Nationally Syndicated, air affiliates, SiriusXM Ch. 127, Call-in#: 877.520.1150) MON-FRI 6/11-6/15, 6p-9p PT (9p-Mid. ET)
- MON 6/11: WI Recall results questions; Can unions survive?; MUCH MORE!...
- TUE 6/12: FL's illegal voter purge; CO exempts ballots from public records requests...
- WED 6/13: Ron Paul surprise in Tampa?; The fight for/against money in elections...
- THU 6/14: Dark corporate money in politics and how we the people can fight back...
- FRI 6/15: Obama's immigration surprise; PLUS: Bush Admin whistleblower Rick Piltz...
- MON 6/11: WI Recall results questions; Can unions survive?; MUCH MORE!...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Podcast 499 June 12, 2012 Part 4 on ‘Citizens United’: Mayer and Fergatch Respond to Adam Liptak Report in New York Times, and to Our Listener, Natalie, from Montana Attorney Carl Mayer and activist Adam Fergatch return for Part 4 of our series on their effort to overturn Citizens United. This podcast is free, available to all–please share it!
• PBC Podcast 500 June 13, 2012 ‘Citizens United’ Part 5: File Name for Montana Case Mysteriously Changes; Sister Maureen Fiedler on the “War on Religion” and Much More Attorney Rob Hager returns to talk about key issues in the Montana appeal to the Supreme Court challenging Citizens United; public radio host Maureen Fiedler talks about religion in politics and politics in the Catholic religion.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! June 15, 2012
• We’ll be hearing a collection of interviews from last week’s Netroots Nation event in Providence, Rhode Island:
• Senator Sheldon Whitehouse will discuss his efforts to help reform our campaign finance system.
• Senator Sherrod Brown from Ohio will discuss the student loan epidemic that is economically crippling college graduates.
• Dave Zirin, political sportswriter for The Nation and Edge of Sports.com, will be here to tell us about the dangers that high school and college football players face, and why no one is talking about that issue.
• And Joel Rubin from the Ploughshares Fund will give us the latest details on the situation regarding Iran’s nuclear programs.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: How The Wisconsin Uprising Was Hijacked
• VIDEO! Papantonio Introduces “Rick Scott: Governor Gollum” Last week, Scott Walker managed to retain his office as governor of Wisconsin, in spite of the fact that he’s one of the most disliked governors in the country. After 18 months of protests, rallies, and outside help, unions and other activists were unsuccessful in their efforts to oust Walker and his Republican cronies. And although Walker’s friends helped him win by pouring tens of millions of dollars into the race, that wasn’t the only deciding factor – Another factor that has gone overlooked is that the activists who started the recall drive and protests allowed their movement to be hijacked by politicos – on both sides – who managed to obscure the message that was so clear at the beginning of the Wisconsin uprising. Mike Papantonio talks about why this happened, and why there’s still hope, with Mother Jones reporter Andy Kroll.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Billionaires Now Running Our Democracy Mike Papantonio talks about how the billionaire inheritance class has completely hijacked our democratic process, and how they’re using Mitt Romney to fulfill their wishes for the future of our country.
• Support Those Who Support Progressive Media! 2011 has certainly been a great year for Ring of Fire, and we’ve had some great sponsors that have helped support the show throughout the year. We wanted to take the time to personally thank each and every one of them, and we encourage all of our listeners to take the time to support those who have support us.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 8-11 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• June 11, 2012 Heather Hurlburt, Matt Duss on Syria & Shannyn Moore, Pebble Mine Threat
• June 12, 2012 Eliot Spitzer, Facing the Fiscal Cliff
• June 13, 2012 Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, Long-term Economic Reform, Kill List & Markos Moulitsas
• June 14, 2012 Joel Rubin, Iranian Nuclear Arsenal, Jesse LaGreca & Zach Wahls
• June 15, 2012 Casual Friday! Cliff Schecter, News & Isabel Gillies, Movies & Jeff Smith D17 Trial
• MORE Podcast Interviews at Majority.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV PLUS here is Max Keiser’s official Facebook page And here is the official Keiser Report page
• The “Keiser Report” has been begging europe to do this for years by maxkeiser READ European Banks Preparing To Boycott Big Three Rating Agencies zerohedge(nakedcapitalism)
• VIDEO! Max Keiser and Hugo Salinas Price on Sunny TV – Athens, Greece by maxkeiser Interview by George Noulas.
• KEISER REPORT [KR300] Hot Potato Counterfeit Cash We discuss hot potatoes, big fish, counterfeit collateral and a stealth British default. In the second half of the show Max talks to Charles Hugh Smith of OfTwoMinds.com about austerity death spirals and phantom wealth.
• KEISER REPORT [KR301] Keiser Report – Con Games Go Global! We discuss the European short change con in which debt and debt facilities are created and swapped at ever increasing speeds in order to defraud the population. In the second half of the show Max talks to economist Yanis Varoufakis about the ponzi austerity screwing Europeans right down to the ground with more debt.
• KEISER REPORT [KR302] Keiser Report: City of Biggest Crooks We discuss Libor traders who rigged global interest rate market escaping charges while Iceland sentences bankers to four year prison terms. At the same time, Iceland’s central bank is raising interest rates to deal with a growing economy while Western bankster-riddled economies prepare for another round of money printing to deal with all the fraud. In the second half of the show Max talks to Brett Scott about financial activism, a Wikileaks for finance and collaboration with hedge funds.
• ON THE EDGE [OTE163] On the Edge with Nomi Prins
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-362] The Truth About Intergalactic Jet Lag Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Sarah Marusek June 12, 2012: Sarah Marusek, social science doctoral candidate at the Maxwell School of Syracuse University, discusses her article “West Must Recognize Peaceful Palestinian Resistance Movement ;” the hundreds of thousands of down-and-out Palestinian refugees in Lebanon who, inspired by the Arab Spring uprisings in Egypt and beyond, are demonstrating to get back home; the surprising alliance between competing Palestinian factions (Fatah, Hamas) and militant groups (Islamic Jihad) that are joining together for peaceful rallies; the mainstream media’s refusal to cover (or contemplate) an event that shows Palestinians peacefully resisting Israeli occupation; and the leading women activists in the Palestinian movement.
• Joe Lauria June 12, 2012: Independent investigative journalist Joe Lauria discusses his article “Security Council Blames Syria for Attack ;” allegations that the Houla massacre was actually Sunni rebels killing pro-government Alawites and Shia; why Bashar al-Assad deserves the blame for Syria’s civil unrest; the media’s scant coverage of al-Qaeda’s presence within Syria’s rebellion; Russia’s strategic interests in Syria aside from the Tartus naval port; why NATO intervention would almost certainly worsen the crisis; and the revenge massacres likely to follow in the wake of Syrian regime change, with a Sunni Islamist government in charge.
• Jason Ditz June 14, 2012: Jason Ditz, managing news editor at Antiwar.com, discusses his debate with the “Prince of Darkness” (Richard Perle) on BBC Radio; the Obama administration’s refusal to apologize for the deadly November attack on a Pakistani military outpost – even though critical supply lines to Afghanistan remain closed as a consequence; the technological barrier preventing other countries from using drones the way the US does; and how the dearth of journalists in Syria allows the Western media to spin the narrative any way they choose.
• Eric Margolis June 14, 2012: Eric Margolis, internationally syndicated columnist and author of American Raj, discusses his article “Egypt Headed for an Explosion;” the vote-rigging funny business that enabled a Mubarak retread to get in the presidential runoff election; why Egypt won’t remain a US client state, 2 billion a year in military aid notwithstanding; how the US Navy came to be both tremendously expensive and strategically useless; the USAF’s critical role in US foreign policy; and the Pentagon’s promotion of China as the next big threat to justify their enormous budget.
• Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• David Plouffe, Senior Adviser to the President
• Chairman of the Senate Homeland Security Committee Joe Lieberman
• former CIA Director, General Michael Hayden (Ret.)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml