Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
'Fiscal Cliff' Bradley Manning Palestine Special This week the ITU will meet in Dubai (see our alert below). Ingrid Lunden reports for TechCrunch.com If It Ain’t Broke Don’t Fix It’: EU Adds Its Voice To The Chorus Opposing More Internet Regulation Ahead Of Key ITU Dubai Meeting The European Union today became the latest official body to back an open Internet, ahead of an important United Nations meeting to update Internet and telecoms regulation for the first time in 24 years. The International Telecommunication Union, a UN agency, is meeting in December in Dubai for the World Conference On International Telecommunications to revise the International Telecommunication Regulation treaty. In the lead up, several countries, and even some private companies, have been lobbying for changes that would see nations get more control of how the Internet is used in their countries. ..... Although the ITU has not been publishing submissions ahead of the Dubai event, a Wikileaks-style site, WCITleaks, is making them public as and when it receives them. You can browse this site to see for yourself what’s been unearthed so far. .... Also see
A simple guide to the ITU's World Conference on International Telecommunications Wired.co.uk has created a simple guide (as simple as you can make issues relating to a highly bureaucratic, acronym-loving, politically-charged inter-governmental organisation) to help you understand what the ITU is, what is being proposed at the meeting and why internet rights activists are concerned. Good item!
Tyler Durden has been following the Troika/Greece "negotiations" at ZeroHedge.com and last week explained The Latest Greek "Bailout" In A Nutshell: AAA-Rated Euro Countries To Fund Massive Hedge Fund Profits .....the money is now supposed to come from the European Financial Stability Fund (EFSF) funded realistically by Europe's AAA governments, all of which have said not one more penny will go to Greece. However, the EFSF already has prefunded and committed capital so it is a convenient loophole. The problem will arise when the parliaments of said AAA countries are asked to explain to their people why they all have to pay billions in order to repay between €20 and €40 billion (assuming a 50 or 25 cent repurchase price) of Greek debt, just so Greece has a theoretical chance of hitting 120% debt/GDP by 2020, a number which has virtually no chance of being hit when one accounts for the the denominator: the collapsing Greek GDP which last quarter tumbled at a 7% rate. But the kicker is when one traces the use of funds. Because what is will happening is a payment not to Greece, obviously, but to its creditors: entities which for the most part are hedge funds, and which have bought up GGB2s in the mid teen levels as recently as 4 months ago (recall Dan Loeb's major position in Greek bonds). So to simplify the flow of funds:
- Source of Funds: EFSF, using European cash primarily originating at places such as Germany, Finland and Netherlands
- Use of Funds: Hedge funds holders, with a cost basis in the 10-20 cent range.
- Summary: European governments, already struggling with day to day cash procurement and finding new and inventive ways of keeping the ponzi going day to day, will pay... Hedge Funds and their billionaire PMs.
- ...Of course, if there is no compromise, the impact could be calamitous. The IMF projects as much as a 4% decline in GDP if there is a full fiscal cliff. In 1936-37 there was a fiscal cliff of almost 6% of GDP. It was followed by a 36% non annualized decline in industrial production in a mere eight months in late 1937/early 1938. More recently, all of the European countries fiscal restriction has had a more negative impact on GDP than had initially been forecast. So the range of likely outcomes ranges from slowdown to outright recession and the silly thing is that it is all so unnecessary. Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid impose no real burdens, even with a rising proportion of ageing baby boomers. In fact, one could plausibly make the case that an aging society could help to generate favorable conditions for achieving sustained high employment with high productivity growth. .... Here’s what most members of Congress (and, indeed, the media and the public) fail to appreciate: Policy formation must distinguish between financial provisioning and real provisioning for the future; only the latter can prepare society as a whole for coming challenges. While individuals can, and should, save financial assets for their individual retirements, society cannot prepare for waves of future retirees by accumulating financial trust funds. ..... The fiscal austerians are literally strangling the baby in the crib today by denying a sensible fiscal response for the current generation’s plight, while hyperventilating that fiscal deficits will do the strangulation of the next generation tomorrow. All of which exacerbates a problem of economies facing intense global headwinds from private sector deleveraging. Viewed from that perspective, the terms of the debate have been truly twisted around. Granted, it is obviously more difficult to make the case for more government spending when legitimate distrust reasonably exists of dysfunctional financial and governmental systems. That said, what really matters is whether the economy will be able to produce a sufficient quantity of real goods and services to provide for both workers and dependents several generations down the road. The financial aspects of demographics per se should not play a role in policy formulation......
- The Center to Protect Patients Rights donated $4,189,000 to Americans for Tax Reform in 2010, 34 percent of the group’s budget that year.
- Crossroads GPS donated $4,000,000 to Americans for Tax Reform in 2010, 32.46 percent of the group’s budget that year.
- REPRESENTATIVE JOHN BOEHNER: Raising taxes on the so-called top 2 percent, half of those taxpayers are small business owners that pay their taxes through their personal income, tax filing every year.
BLOCK: That claim by the House speaker has been challenged before, and we're going to take a closer look at it now with NPR's Scott Horsley. And, Scott, this is something that John Boehner has said repeatedly, that half of top earners in the country are small business owners. He's also been repeatedly corrected on this by fact-checkers. What's the truth here?
SCOTT HORSLEY, BYLINE: You're right, Melissa. The speaker's office says that John Boehner misspoke yesterday, although it is a misstatement that he's made more than once. It is a variation on another GOP talking point, which is that half of all small business income is taxed at those top two rates. That's according to a study by the Joint Committee on Taxation. But that's using a very broad definition of small business. It also includes a lot of law firm partners and hedge fund managers. Last year, there were some analysts at the Treasury Department who tried to take a closer look at how many top earners really meet the public's idea of a small business. So they threw out all those who were making more than $10 million. At the other end, they threw out people who might have a big salary from a day job and then a little small business on the side. And when they narrowed the definition that way, what they found was about one in five taxpayers in those top two brackets is a small business owner. And of all the income in those brackets that would be taxed at a higher rate, only about 7 percent comes from small businesses.
BLOCK: And small businesses, again, defined as those making up to $10 million.
HORSLEY: That's right.
- KEYSTONE XL UPDATE: NRDC's OnEarth magazine Secretary of State Candidate Has a Major Financial Stake in Canadian Tar Sands by Scott Dodd Susan Rice and her husband own at least $1.25 million worth of stock in four of Canada’s eight leading oil producers, as ranked by Forbes magazine. That includes Enbridge, which spilled more than a million gallons of toxic bitumen into Michigan’s Kalamazoo River in 2010 -- the largest inland oil spill in U.S. history.
- John C. Calhoun and How American Boundaries Were Restricted by the National Commitment to White Supremacy by Eric Loomis at Lawyers, Guns and Money
- Michael T. Klare at TomDispatch Tomgram: Michael Klare, A Thermonuclear Energy Bomb in Christmas Wrappings and his movie Blood and Oil
- Lawrence Livermore ramps up wind energy research at WindDaily.com
- VIDEO: Animals Australia - Pigs fly. And sing. With chickens. The CG pig, named Peanut, takes viewers to a real factory farm before she sings and flies to freedom.
- HOMELAND SECURITY UPDATE: Our own ljm tells us "Drones crashing all over the place. Some of them are being "flown" by inexperienced private contractors. They want to fly these things in public air space with other air traffic, etc... What more could possibly go wrong?" See the WaPo Drone Crashes Mount at Civlian Airports Overseas
- The cover story in the current issue of Mother Jones is by Shane Bauer one of the three American hikers imprisoned in Iran after being apprehended on the Iraqi border in 2009. He spent 26 months in Tehran's Evin Prison, 4 of them in solitary. He lives in Oakland, California, with his fellow hostage and now wife, Sarah Shourd. Together with the third former hostage, Josh Fattal, they are working on a book about their captivity that is due out in 2014. It's a comparison between his imprisonment in Iran and the conditions he found in the U.S. prison system's Security Housing Unit SHUs (pronounced "shoes"). What we know about the solitary confinement of Bradley Manning and the systemic torture in Iraq in the bu$h years (and decades of see aye eh "experiments" - you know) and Guantanamo (obviously) is that solitary confinement makes people mad (crazy mad that is).... Please read Solitary in Iran Nearly Broke Me. Then I Went Inside America's Prisons.
- Sharif Abdel Kouddous After Brokering Gaza Ceasefire, Egypt’s Morsi Re-Ignites Protests With Decree Expanding Powers AND Sharif Abdel Kouddous on Gaza’s "Severe Damage" and Why Truce Won’t Stop the Violence of Occupation
- Josh Eidelson, contributing writer for The Nation Wal-Mart Worker Uprising: Protests Held At 1,000 Stores on Black Friday
- Scott Nova, Executive Director of the Worker Rights Consortium Massive Fire Kills At Least 118 Factory Workers in Bangladesh at Wal-Mart Supplier
- Kalpona Akter, with the Bangladesh Center for Worker Solidarity & Scott Nova, Executive Director of the Worker Rights Consortium Bangladeshi Labor Activist Finds Burned Clothes With Wal-Mart Labels At Site of Deadly Factory Fire
- Eve Ensler Eve Ensler on “The State of Female America,” Her Play "Emotional Creature" & Women Violence in Congo
- Kevin Phillips Former GOP Strategist Kevin Phillips on the Roots of American Revolution and Future of U.S. Politics
- Sarah Burns, director and producor of the new documentary, "The Central Park Five""Central Park Five": New Film on How Police Abuse, Media Frenzy Led to Jailing of Innocent Teens
- Julian Assange EXCLUSIVE: Julian Assange on WikiLeaks, Bradley Manning, Cypherpunks, Surveillance State
- Martin Lee Smoke Signals: Martin Lee on Growing U.S. Movement to Legalize Marijuana
- Juan Gonzalez Hundreds of Fast-Food Workers Strike for Living Wage, Inspired by Wal-Mart Strike
- Yousef Munayyer, executive director of the Jerusalem Fund U.N. Approval of Palestine as "Non-Member State" Shows Isolation of U.S., Israel Stance on Statehood
- James North, contributing writer to The Nation magazine Accused WikiLeaks Whistleblower Bradley Manning Testifies He Thought He Would "Die in Custody"
- Michael Ratner, lawyer to Julian Assange and WikiLeaks Accused WikiLeaks Whistleblower Bradley Manning Testifies He Thought He Would "Die in Custody"
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
- Lawmakers concerned about the health effects on humans from mountaintop removal coal mining set forth legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives today. Representatives Dennis Kucinich (OH), Louise Slaughter (NY), Maurice Hinchey (NY), Earl Blumenauer (OR), Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA), John Yarmuth (KY), Lynn Woolsey (CA), Judy Chu (CA), Raúl Grijalva (AZ), James Moran (VA), Michael Honda (CA), John Conyers (MI), and Keith Ellison (MN) introduced the Appalachian Communities Health Emergency (ACHE) Act H.R. 5959 which would place a moratorium on permitting for mountaintop removal coal mining until health studies are conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services. The ACHE coalition presently consists of participants from Coal River Mountain Watch, Mountain Health and Heritage Association, and Christians for the Mountains. “We encourage you, if you’re concerned about mountaintop removal’s effect on your community’s health, to join us in making your voice heard,” said Allen Johnson, executive director of Christians for the Mountains. “Please contact us, learn about the issue, and take action to protect your community.”
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner
• ROUNDTABLE: House Deputy Whip Rep. Tom Cole, R-Okla.; Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn., co-chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus; former Romney campaign senior adviser Dan Senor; former Counselor to the Treasury Secretary and Lead Auto Adviser Steven Rattner; and ABC News' Cokie Roberts.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Secretary of the Treasury Tim Geithner
• Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.
• Senate Intelligence Chair Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.
• House Intelligence Chair Mike Rogers, R-Mich.
• ROUNDTABLE: Moody's Analytics Mark Zandi, Campaign to Fix the Debt's Maya MacGuineas, TIME Magazine's Rana Foroohar and CBS News Political Director John Dickerson.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Cost of Admission - Steve Kroft investigates allegations from doctors that the hospital chain they worked for pressured them to admit patients regardless of their medical needs. Sam Hornblower, Michael Rey and Oriana Zill are the producers.
• Three Generations of Punishment - Born in a prison camp in North Korea, defector Shin Dong-hyuk describes how three generations of a family are brutally punished if one family member is considered disloyal to the regime. He tells Anderson Cooper the dramatic story of his escape. Andy Court is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner
• Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO)
• Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN)
• ROUNDTABLE: Grover Norquist, Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD), CNBC’s Jim Cramer and Maria Bartiromo.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner
• Mark Warner (D-VA)
• Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R- NH)
• ROUNDTABLE: Former Chairman and CEO of Hewlett-Packard, Carly Fiorina, Governor Brian Schweitzer (D-Montana), USA Today’s Susan Page, and A.B. Stoddard of The Hill.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• TITANIC TUESDAY!!!!! Bob lis iive from Washington DC! Listen HERE NOW! Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - November 29, 2012 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: 2012 set to be one of the hottest years on record; Sea levels rising faster than predicted; Plankton is in trouble; Does air pollution raise the risk of autism?; PLUS: EPA knocks BP out of federal contracting ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Superstorm Sandy to cost $79 Billion; Rising seas to swallow NYC without action; L.A. inks solar deal with Moapa Tribe; 'Buyer beware' on San Diego's desalination plant; How to destroy the planet from the comfort of home; DOE's 'Road to Fuel Effienciency'; Ex-coal executive charged in mine disaster; Jordan fights water shortages ... PLUS: Meet The Climate Denial Machine ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! FL's Former Republican Gov. Crist: 'Crystal Clear' that GOP Claims of 'Voter Fraud' are 'Bunk' Calls GOP's 'massive fraud' assertions 'laughable'...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! 'Dark Money' Hearings Needed in U.S. Senate Could be most monumental proceedings since Watergate, expose illegalities of plutocratic 'war on democracy,' catapult movement to amend the Constitution after 'Citizens United'... by Ernest A. Canning
• BRADCAST UPDATE! GOP 'Voter Fraud' Fraudster David Horowitz Falls Apart On Air When Questioned...By Me There's a reason why most Republican wingnuts don't venture outside of the safe confines of Fox "News" or other venues where they won't have to face actual, reality-based information and questions from outside of their comfortable, fact-free bubble. My conversation on air Thursday with RW "voter fraud" fraudster, commie-hunter, and fact-challenged Fox fave David Horowitz illustrated that point with crystal clarity once again. The result wasn't pretty. At least for him.....
• BRADCAST UPDATE! KPFK 'BradCast': On Ending, Not Mending, the Filibuster; FL GOP Voter Suppression; Climate Change and Denialism
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Standard Podcast November 30, 2012 America's Leading Documentary Filmmaker, Ken Burns, and Exonerated Convict Raymond Santana Talk ABout 'The Central Park 5'
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
Ring of Fire Show Lineup – December 1st
• We’ll take a look at everything we learned about the GOP’s voter suppression techniques with journalist Brentin Mock.
• Eric Boehlert from Media Matters will tell us why the GOP doesn’t have a Mitt Romney problem, they have a Fox News problem.
• John Amato from Crooks and Liars will tell us about Grover Norquist’s crusade to push America over the fiscal cliff.
• And we’ll hear from Liz Crosson and Mike Lozeau about two VERY important environmental cases being argued before the U.S. Supreme Court next week.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473)or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• VIDEO! Papantonio & Kennedy On The News Behind The News (VIDEO) Mike Papantonio and Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. discuss some of the biggest stories of the past week that the traditional media either didn’t get right, or simply chose not to discuss.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: GOP’s War On Voters Hasn’t Ended (VIDEO) Progressives, civil liberties groups, and journalists did a great job this year shining a spotlight on the GOP’s efforts to disenfranchise millions of voters so they could steal the election. The same thing happened in 2008, but since Obama won in 2008, Democrats acted like the problem was no big deal, and moved on. If they do the same thing this year, the GOP will be able to steal elections for a generation. Progressives have to continue to highlight the Republican voter suppression scams, because they aren’t going to go away, and Mike Papantonio recently spoke with ColorLines.com journalist Brentin Mock about what we’ve learned about these scams, and what we can do to stop them before the next election.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 8-11 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• November 26, 2102 How Wind is Powering Germany’s Future
• November 27, 2012 Lina Khan: How The Obama Administration Tried to Take on Big Agriculture
• November 28, 2012 Bill McKibben: Do the Math
• November 29, 2012 Dave Zirin & Alan Charney No live show today! We will be back live tomorrow.
• November 30, 2012 Cliff Schecter & Isabel Gillies
• MORE Podcast Interviews at Majority.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV PLUS here is Max Keiser’s official Facebook page And here is the official Keiser Report page
• The official Facebook pages for Max Keiser & Keiser Report STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead. Max Keiser & Keiser Report PLUS Stacey Herbert
• VIDEO! Israel’s War on Truth; Brainwash Update by maxkeiser - Abby Martin of Russia Today’s Brainwash Update pointed out that Israel’s targeting of Gaza media centers, which killed journalists and endangered employees of many news organizations, was a war crime. (She was hardly alone in this). She was the victim of a smear attempt by the Israel lobby, which accused her of support for terrorism (because she dared call illegal Israeli actions illegal). If more journalists stood up to such smear campaigns with her feistiness, the world would be a better place. Watch her let her detractors have it: RT’s Abby Martin Accuses Israel of War Crimes for Targetting Journalists (juancole.com)
• The Axis of Max by maxkeiser - My global propaganda campaign is working. To defeat the dollar, CB’s around the world (except the US and UK) are buying Gold. The Axis of Max are the nations banding together to defeat US hegemony and the baloney that comes with it. READ Iran Accepts Payment in Gold to Get Around Sanctions (economicpolicyjournal.com)
• Financial Holocaust in Full Swing by Max Keiser - The report highlighted the prospect of an increase of between 200,000 and 400,000 in infant mortality and that child malnutrition, already rising, will be one of the main drivers of higher child death rates. READ Financial crisis to deepen extreme poverty, increase child mortality rates – UN report (2009)
• Los Angeles-Long Beach Seaport Strike Quiets Nation’s Largest Container Ports by SilverVigiolante - lerical workers have shut down seven of eight terminals at the Port of Los Angeles (the 13th largest port in the US), along with six at Long Beach (the fourth largest port in the US, responsible for more than $100 billion in annual trade), on Wednesday after 10,000 workers refused to cross picket lines at the nation’s largest combined cargo complex. The strikes mark the biggest work stoppages at the ports in a decade, but comes on the heels of most holiday goods passing through the ports. Los Angeles and Long Beach are the nation’s first and second busiest container ports, respectively. California Sens. Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein issued a quick statement urging an end to the dispute “so we can protect the economy of the Los Angeles region, the West Coast and our nation, which will be adversely affected by the closures at these ports.” READ Maybe Now’s A Good Time To Take a Dip?
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: God Hates Bankers (E372) We discuss the water and fire signalling the arrival of the paper apocalypse as ever more analysts warn of the debt and credit bubble as governments put their faith in share traders who, a new study shows, are more manipulative than psychopaths. In the second half, Max Keiser talks to professor and economist, Steve Keen, about the fiscal cliff and private sector deleveraging. They also discuss the possibility of a currency collapse in Japan.
• KEISER REPORT [KR373] Keiser Report: Hermaphrodite Banking and ‘Angel’ Capitalists We welcome Mark Carney to the City of London freak show at which Max predicts that Carney will play the bearded hermaphrodite who devalues the pound by 25 percent and yet only manages to introduce an ice age of economic growth. Max and Stacy also compare the rebels robbing the central bank in Goma to the Goldman Sachs takeover of central banks in Europe. In the second half, Max Keiser talks to professor and author, Andrew Ross, about the ‘angel capitalists’ striking debt across America and about the historic Black Friday strike at Walmart.
• KEISER REPORT [KR374] Keiser Report – Insectual Markets and Austria’s dodgy accounting on their gold leasing gets raked over GATA’s golden coals In this episode, Max Keiser urges “Sami don’t pay,” challenges the anti-anti-fragile Nassim Taleb to a black swan event and coins a new phrase, ‘insectual,’ to describe the increasing insect like behavior of humans online and in markets. Keiser and Stacy Herbert also discuss GATA getting attention in Austria where the central bank is haplessly looking for its alleged gold. In bragging about how much they’ve earned from gold leasing, in fact, the Austrian central bank has inadvertently exposed a big gold lie. In the second half, Max Keiser talks to Andy Bichlbaum of the Yes Men about their new film, The Yes Men are Revolting and about Action Switchboard and the war against anti-corporate activism.
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Aaron Krowne
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1259] The Truth About Markets – 01 December 2012 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Pepe Escobar June 30, 2012: Globetrotting journalist Pepe Escobar discusses his article “Syria and Turkey’s Phantom War;” Turkey’s violation of Syrian airspace in a purposeful, measured provocation and test of Syria’s defenses; the near-invocation of NATO Article 5 and a wider war (an attack on one NATO country is an attack on all); looking for ways to bypass the UN on Syria, since China and Russia won’t let an interventionist resolution pass the Security Council; grand plans for NATO expansion in the official “Assured Security, Dynamic Engagement” plan; counterrevolutions in the Middle East and South America, as the US looks to rebuild its portfolio of client states; and how Qatar has become the new superpower in the Middle East, surpassing even Saudi Arabia.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner
• Speaker of the House Rep. John Boehner (R-OH)
• ROUNDTABLE: Bill Kristol, The Weekly Standard/Fox News Contributor; Mara Liasson,National Public Radio, Fox News Contributor; Evan Bayh, Fox News Contributor//Former Democratic Senator from Indiana; Ed Rollins, Political Strategist and Fox News Contributor
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml