Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Assange's Ecuadorian Gambit Following up on his Senate hearing King Jamie appeared before the House Financial Services Committee and Julia La Roche and Linette Lopez at BusinessInseder.com note This Hearing Was NOTHING Like The Senate's — Dimon Got Hit Hard with highlights from his testimony like
- 12:02 PM | Frank: There is legislation floating around that would've exempted this trade from regulation in Volcker, do you believe this should be passed? Dimon: Yes. Frank: Why would we want to DImon: 60% of these trades were cleared and fully collateralized. Frank: If they were they would've met the rule... but you are in favor of exempting these trades from American regulation? Once agains I'm disappointed. You saty you have a fortress balance sheet your bank is fine... but what about others? Dimon: I dont' know but you should all take comfort in the fact that American banks are far more capitalized... Frank: That's not the question... You say you have a fortress balance sheet... like there's something special about your bank... Dimon: (Interrupts) Frank: That's not the question Mr. Dimon please don't philibuster... What about clawbacks. Dimon: All of that is overseen by the board. Frank: And your compensation will that be put into consideration? Dimon: (Throws it back to his board)
- MAXINE WATERS: You called the Volcker rule unnecessary...and at the same time conceded that it also may have stopped your losses in the CIO...'Did the $30 billion drop in share value effect shareholders in the US?" Dimon: Yes it did Waters: But you have lobbied for the foreign markets to be exempt if this impacts your shareholders here why would you do that? Dimon: We're concerned about overseas competition. That's why we're concerned about extraterritoriality. Our clients will go elsewhere if we can't give them the best deal. Waters: So you take the position...and continue to lobby even though it harms shareholders here? Dimon: Lobbying is a Constitutional right.
- The money helps the bank pay big salaries and bonuses. More important, it distorts markets, fueling crises such as the recent subprime-lending disaster and the sovereign-debt debacle that is now threatening to destroy the euro and sink the global economy.
- ...The lowering of the standalone credit assessment to a3 positions JP Morgan in the first group of firms with significant global capital market activities. This position reflects the risks related to JP Morgan’s (i) very large capital markets business (representing 26% of reported firm-wide revenues in 2011); (ii) relatively high absolute level of secured and unsecured wholesale funding within the overall balance sheet; and (iii) the recent control failure within its Chief Investment Office (CIO), which has tarnished JP Morgan’s otherwise strong track record of risk management. These factors are mitigated by (i) JP Morgan’s diversified and sustainable earnings streams from its five other lines of business; (ii) relatively low earnings volatility compared with the peer group; (iii) good structural liquidity and large liquidity pool; (iv) capital levels that are solid and resilient under Moody’s stress tests; and (iv) leverage that is below the industry median. JP Morgan’s recently announced loss within the CIO was an important factor in the downgrade of the standalone credit profile. It illustrates the challenges of monitoring and managing risk in a complex global organization — and highlights the opacity of such risks. The firm has substantial earnings and liquidity, which affords it the time to work out of the positions. Management is also acting aggressively to stem the losses and has already added new controls to the CIO.....
At Salon Joe Stiglitz explains how We’ve been brainwashed It's no accident that Americans widely underestimate inequality. The rich prefer it that way. How, in a democracy supposedly based on one person one vote, could the 1 percent could have been so victorious in shaping policies in its interests? It is part of a process of disempowerment, disillusionment, and disenfranchisement that produces low voter turnout, a system in which electoral success requires heavy investments, and in which those with money have made political investments that have reaped large rewards — often greater than the returns they have reaped on their other investments. There is another way for moneyed interests to get what they want out of government: convince the 99 percent that they have shared interests. This strategy requires an impressive sleight of hand; in many respects the interests of the 1 percent and the 99 percent differ markedly. The fact that the 1 percent has so successfully shaped public perception testifies to the malleability of beliefs. When others engage in it, we call it “brainwashing” and “propaganda.” We look askance at these attempts to shape public views, because they are often seen as unbalanced and manipulative, without realizing that there is something akin going on in democracies, too. What is different today is that we have far greater understanding of how to shape perceptions and beliefs — thanks to the advances in research in the social sciences. It is clear that many, if not most, Americans possess a limited understanding of the nature of the inequality in our society: They believe that there is less inequality than there is, they underestimate its adverse economic effects, they underestimate the ability of government to do anything about it, and they overestimate the costs of taking action. They even fail to understand what the government is doing — many who value highly government programs like Medicare don’t realize that they are in the public sector. .... This big battle is crucial for understanding the evolution of inequality in America. The success of the Right in this battle during the past thirty years has shaped our government. We haven’t achieved the minimalist state that libertarians advocate. What we’ve achieved is a state too constrained to provide the public goods—investments in infrastructure, technology, and education—that would make for a vibrant economy and too weak to engage in the redistribution that is needed to create a fair society. But we have a state that is still large enough and distorted enough that it can provide a bounty of gifts to the wealthy. The advocates of a small state in the financial sector were happy that the government had the money to rescue them in 2008—and bailouts have in fact been part of capitalism for centuries. These political battles, in turn, rest on broader ideas about human rights, human nature, and the meaning of democracy and equality. Please read the entire piece, adapted from his new book The Price of Inequality.
Over at WashingtonsBlog.com JimQ explains WHO DESTROYED THE MIDDLE CLASS – PART 2 In Part 1 of this three part series I addressed where and how the net worth of the middle class was stolen. In Part 2, I will tackle who stole your net worth and in Part 3, why they stole your net worth. Now let’s zero in on the culprits of this crime. Dude, Who Stole My Net Worth? When you dig into the charts and data supplied by the Federal Reserve generated report, the data which goes back to 2001 tells a story not addressed by the deceptive, manipulative, political propaganda that passes for investigative reporting by the captured mainstream media. The chart below compares the median versus mean income growth from the last three Fed consumer surveys. Overall, it reveals a lost decade of negative income growth for the average middle class family. In the early part of the decade the average middle class family made some progress as jobs were relatively plentiful and the internet crash mostly impacted the rich, who own most of the stocks in the country. This is why the median income rose while the average income fell. The wealthy have a large impact on the average because they own the vast majority of assets in this country. The stock market debacle was unacceptable to the oligarchs and their money printing puppet Greenspan. ..... The master plan worked like a charm from 2004 through 2007 as you can see by the tremendous surge in average income. The stock market rocketed by 75% between 2003 and 2007 and national home prices shot up by 50%. Wall Street creatively invented no doc, negative amortization, interest only, subprime mortgages and generated a frenzy of demand from anyone that could scratch an X on a loan document, just as Greenspan had demanded. Being “sophisticated” financial institutions, they were able to assemble thousands of shit loans that were certain to default into one big derivative package of shit and their captured lackeys at the “sophisticated” rating agencies stamped a AAA rating on the smelly pile of feces. Always looking out for the best interests of their clients (aka muppets), the upstanding Wall Street firms sold the derivative piles of shit to them as can’t miss investments. Wall Street profits went off the charts. Billions in bonuses flowed to the rich and powerful Wall Street titans. Mega-corporations generated record profits as consumers utilized the Fed induced tsunami of easy debt to buy BMWs, 72 inch HDTVs, home theaters, stainless steel appliances, granite counter-tops, Caribbean cruises, Jimmy Choo shoes, and Rolex watches in a mad frenzy of consumer delusion. What you might also notice in the chart above is that median household income somehow declined during this decadent orgy of corporate fascist pleasure. How could this be? Table 2 from the Fed report makes it clear. The vast majority of households in this country generate 75% to 81% of their income from wages. Virtually none of the income generated in 85 million households (the bottom 75%) comes from interest, dividends or capital gains. You need money to make money. The top 10% only generated 46% of their income from wages. The report does not provide details on the top 1%, but wages most certainly account for less than 20% of their income. Interest, dividends and capital gains represented 22.2% of the income for the top 10%, while it represented less than 1% of income for the bottom 75%. This data is the smoking gun that proves that Federal Reserve policy and control fraud on a grand scale by the titans of Wall Street was designed and executed to benefit only the wealthy elite billionaire class and their co-conspirators. All the income gains during this time accrued to the psychopathic amoral financial oligarchy. The average family saw their real wages decline and anyone lured into the housing market during this time frame by the “sophisticated” financial experts at Citicorp, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Merrill Lynch, Countrywide, Washington Mutual, Wachovia, Bear Stearns, Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers, and the other members of the Too Big To Fail criminal syndicate was set up for epic loses. [Table 2] As expected, the psychopathic banker class could not be satisfied with the results of their looting. Their gluttonous voracious greed culminated in a historic collapse of the worldwide financial system resulting in a housing implosion, stock market crash and 8 million middle class Americans losing their jobs. The Fed report does show that average household income declined more than median household income after this historic financial oligarchy created collapse. One look at Table 6 from the Fed report will explain why. ..... Much much more you need to read!
ASSANGE UPDATE: Wikileaks Central is liveblogging from http://wlcentral.org/node/2663
[UPDATE: 13:07 BST] RT published an exclusive interview with Julian Assange's mother, Christine. She discusses his decision to seek asylum and his abandonment by the Australian government.
Another journalist has spoken with Gavin MacFadyen, reiterating previous comments that Mr Assange is doing well and in good spirits.
[UPDATE: 13:35 BST] The Embassy of Ecuador in London has posted official contact details relating to Julian Assange's asylum application:
"Please use 0207 590 2503 or firstname.lastname@example.org"
NYT eXaminer reported on Mr Assange's request, commenting on The New York Times' use of "protective asylum" rather than "political asylum".
Graphic artist Somerset Bean has created a badge design in support of Mr Assange's decision to seek asylum
Includes a statement from Michael Moore....
BREAKING: The Ecuadorian embassy in London has just given sanctuary to WikiLeaks' Jullian Assange. He is asking them for political assylum (which they had offered him in the past). Well, thank you Ecuador! IMHO, there is no doubt that if the UK sends him to Sweden, Sweden will send him to the USA. Sweden says they "just want to talk to him" about the accusations leveled at him (he has still not been charged with any crime). If Swedish police want to question him, there is an SAS flight that leaves Stockholm at 7:55 tomorrow morning (flight #525) to London. I'm sure the British authorities would have no problem with the Swedish police questioning Mr. Assange. Then Sweden can decide if it wants to charge him with a crime. Any and all allegations of sexual abuse by anyone and to anyone MUST be treated very seriously, and Mr. Assange should cooperate with the inquiry. But it appears that Sweden has little interest in these charges - what they really want is the ability to extradite Assange to America. And that, simply, must not happen.
Jacob Applebaum ....
I wrote this letter in support of Julian Assange and submitted it to the Ecuadorian embassy in the UK by web form: http://www.ecuadorembassyuk.org.uk/contact
- This letter is intended to reach the government of Ecuador.
I am writing as someone who has suffered immense harassment at the hands of the United States government because of my associations with Julian Assange, a dear and personal friend. My case is well documented and if you require additional information, I will gladly provide it.
I believe that the Swedish and British governments are acting with the malice of forethought, knowing that the US wishes to persecute Julian Assange, and that the request to extradite Julian is in bad faith. Sweden has taken every measure to hinder justice in this matter.
I know for a fact that a US Grand Jury has been seriously investigating WikiLeaks - it is thought at this time that there is a sealed indictment against Julian. The documents that I have seen with regard to this Grand Jury state that it is an investigation relating to the espionage act - a famously brutal, cruel and unjust law.
Under this law, in my country, people, such as Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were sentenced to death and the sentence was carried out. They are not alone and we must not allow Julian Assange to join them.
In this US Grand Jury, people have been compelled to testify and threatened with (implied indefinite) detention for refusal to cooperate.
Julian's organization, his friends, his acquaintances and even some of his media partners are specifically being targeted for harassment and more, above and beyond reason. WikiLeaks is facing unbelievable hardships as a journalistic organization. The New York Times, the Washington Post and others have not suffered under these kinds of threats relating to WikiLeaks. These attacks on Julian are specifically an attempt to undermine WikiLeaks, a contextual matter that should not be dismissed.
I firmly believe that if he is not granted asylum and he finds himself in my country, the United States, he would not be treated fairly. His own country, save Senator Scott Ludlam of the Australian Greens, has abandoned their duty to protect Julian.
I urge you to grant Julian Assange asylum - it may be a matter of life and death.
Sincerely, Jacob Appelbaum
Glenn Greenwald in Salon Assange asks Ecuador for asylum .... Assange’s resolve to avoid extradition to Sweden has nothing to do with a reluctance to face possible sex assault charges there. His concern all along has been that once he’s in Swedish custody, he will far more easily be extradited to the U.S. .... Can anyone claim that Assange’s fear of ending up in American custody is anything other than supremely reasonable and rational? Just look at what has happened to people — especially foreign nationals — over the last decade who have been accused of harming the national security of the United States. They’re imprisoned — still — without a whiff of due process, and President Obama just last year signed a new indefinite detention bill into law. Moreover, Assange need merely look at what the U.S. has done to Bradley Manning, accused of leaking documents and other materials to WikiLeaks: the Army Private was held for almost a year in solitary confinement conditions which a formal U.N. investigation found were “cruel, inhuman and degrading,” and he now faces life in prison, charged with a capital offense of aiding Al Qaeda. Beyond that, the Obama administration has been uniquely obsessed with punishing whistleblowers and stopping leaks. Worse still, the American federal judiciary has been staggeringly subservient to the U.S. Government when it comes to national security cases, rendering defendants accused of harming national security with almost no chance for acquittal. Would you have any confidence in obtaining justice if you were accused of harming U.S. national security and came into the clutches of the American justice system? ..... UPDATE III [Wed.]: I have an Op-Ed in The Guardian today elaborating on some of these points, adding others, and responding to media discussions of this issue over the past day. WATCH Amy Goodman with Assange attorney Michael Ratner from Wednesday Julian Assange of WikiLeaks Seeks Asylum in Ecuador in Attempt to Avoid Extradition to U.S. and Ratner on The Big Picture with Thom Hartmann Free Assange! Then Ray McGovern at ConsortiumNews.com observes Julian Assange’s Artful Dodge Barring a CIA drone strike on the Ecuadorian embassy in London, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s sudden appeal for asylum there may spare him a prison stay in Sweden or possibly the United States. Assange’s freedom now depends largely on Ecuadorian President Rafael Vicente Correa Delgado, a new breed of independent-minded leader like Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez. Correa has been a harsh critic of U.S. behavior toward Ecuador and its Latin American neighbors as well as an outspoken fan of WikiLeaks. Atypically for the region, Ecuador is not a major recipient of U.S. economic or military aid, so Washington’s leverage is limited. This suggests that the Ecuadorian government may decide to defy Washington, accept Assange’s request for asylum, and have him flown to Ecuador pronto. .... Interesting, is it not, that Assange — just days before he was to be extradited to Sweden — was able to (I guess) slip out of his ankle monitor, sneak through the cordon of Bobbies on watch at the estate where he was under house arrest, dodge other Bobbies and security chaps, and hit pay dirt inside the Ecuadorian embassy. There is no denying that Assange is a clever chap. But unless you think him some kind of Houdini, there has to be some more likely explanation as to how he slipped through the various police checkpoints and walked into the embassy, which is located behind the popular Harrods department store in London. Were the British security forces all out for tea? Or were they just as happy to have the Assange case – and all the pressure from Washington – focused elsewhere? Certainly, the British had enough clues that, in extremis, Assange might attempt to make it to the Ecuadorian embassy. In late November 2010, Ecuadorian Deputy Foreign Minister Kintoo Lucas publicly offered Julian Assange residency in Ecuador, saying that Ecuador was “very concerned” by information revealed by WikiLeaks linking U.S. diplomats with spying on friendly governments. “We are open to giving him residency in Ecuador, without any problem and without any conditions,” Mr. Lucas said. President Correa promptly backtracked, saying that Kintto Lucas’s remarks were unauthorized and that no formal invitation had been extended to Assange, and noting that residency for him would require legal review in the event he requested it. (This came just one week before Assange was arrested, imprisoned, and then put under house arrest.) .... Ecuador’s embassy in London, announcing Assange’s arrival Tuesday afternoon, said he was seeking asylum, and added: “As a signatory to the United Nations Universal Declaration for Human Rights, with an obligation to review all applications for asylum, we have immediately passed his application on to the relevant department in Quito,” Ecuador’s capital. “While the department assesses Mr. Assange’s application, Mr. Assange will remain at the embassy, under the protection of the Ecuadorian government.” The embassy added that the bid for asylum “should in no way be interpreted as the government of Ecuador interfering in the judicial processes of either the United Kingdom or Sweden.” ..... Assange’s mother not only applauded her son’s decision to seek asylum, but summed up the situation concisely, telling the press:
- “I hope Ecuador will grant him asylum, and if not, another third-world country. I hope the third world can stand up for what’s morally right when the first world can’t and won’t because they’ve got their snouts in the trough, rolling over for U.S. greed and big business. “Julian is a political prisoner, a journalist, a publisher of the truth about corruption, war crimes, kidnapping, blackmail, and manipulation. … He remains uncharged and unquestioned on a crime which, if you explore it, has absolutely no basis. Of course he would seek asylum.”
As the Brick TeeVee Crew gets ready to head out to COL OH for the DAVID COBB MOVE TO AMEND BARNSTORMING TOUR today at ComFest we were alerted to some new information regarding corporate personhood from a guest on the Mike Malloy Show Rick Staggenborg running for U.S. Senate in Oregon on the Green Party ticket. WATCH his video Staggenborg for US Senate - End Corporate Person-hood - YouTube then read the
COMPARISON OF PROPOSED AMENDMENTS There are many amendments that have been proposed whose sponsors claim will abolish corporate personhood and/or declare that money is not free speech. Here is a discussion of the problems with the four types that have been introduced in Congress to date and of two that are being promoted by various groups and individuals to address these problems. Do read these comparisons especially MOVE TO AMEND PROPOSAL TO ESTABLISH THAT CORPORATIONS ARE NOT PEOPLE AND MONEY IS NOT FREE SPEECH The major problem with the amendment is that it does not make contributions by these entities illegal. Instead, it states that:
"Federal, State and local government shall regulate, limit, or prohibit contributions and expenditures, including a candidate’s own contributions and expenditures, for the purpose of influencing in any way the election of any candidate for public office or any ballot measure." SoldiersForPeaceInternational.org: Our mission is to join individuals and groups working in different ways to ensure that our children live in a rational, sustainable world. When enough people abandon the belief that war is inevitable,it will become unthinkable. War is conducted for corporate Empire. Therefore,the first step to ending war is ending corporate control of the US government. All social justice efforts lead to the end of war, the ultimate injustice. Those who work for justice are Soldiers For Peace. In a related matter we hope you've been following Peter B. Collins and his podcasts with Attorney Carl Mayer and activist Adam Fergatch who are trying to get Citizens United thrown out by using the 11th Amendment "states rights" argument to the SCOTUS on the Montana challenge. Go to PBC Website to hear all the FREE interviews with Adam and Carl including their latest installment No Action Yet from Supreme Court on Montana Appeal. Here's the latest from their website Supreme Court Surprises in Citizens United Montana Case, Delays Order. Bob Kincaid of Head On Radio has been on his own barnstorming tour speaking about the evils of mountaintop removal. Jeff Biggers posts this at EcoWatch.org BREAKING: Mountaintop Removal Moratorium Introduced Recognizing the mounting humanitarian crisis from mountaintop removal mining in the Appalachian coalfields, Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY) joined Congressional representatives from across the nation today and introduced H.R. 5959, The Appalachian Communities Health Emergency (ACHE) Act. The historic bill places “a moratorium on permitting for mountaintop removal coal mining until health studies are conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services.”
“The ACHE Act will stop new mountaintop removal coal mines until the science clearly demonstrates the mines will not cost these hard working communities their health or their lives. It will also fund some of the best researchers in the world to carry out that science,” Kucinich said. .... “Today marks a new, but long overdue journey in the pursuit of justice for the victims of mountaintop removal mining,” said Bo Webb, the 2010 Purpose Prize recipient with the Appalachian Community Health Emergency group, who lives under a mountaintop removal operation in West Virginia and has often testified to the toxic fallout of silica dust and heavy metals. ..... Led by a movement of affected Appalachian coalfield organizations, the ACHE Act has the backing of the major environmental groups in Washington, DC, including Earthjustice and the Sierra Club, as well as West Virginia Highlands Conservancy, the Ohio Valley Environmental Coalition and Southern Appalachian Mountain Stewards. “The A.C.H.E. Act is a clear demand on behalf of people being poisoned by mountaintop removal that the poisoning cease and that we be afforded all the protections available to the rest of America,” said Bob Kincaid, board president of the Coal River Mountain Watch. “We refuse to be the coal industry’s sacrificial victims for even another instant.” Visit EcoWatch’s MOUNTAINTOP REMOVAL page for more related news on this topic. Of course all this is ignored or swept under the rug in favor of the "Washington CONsensus" from the Beltway Bubalas using what Brad Friedman calls the "David Gregory Technique" (see below). Top Chamber of Commerce water boy and all-around millionaire crook DARRYL ISSA gets his panties in a wad on Fake Snooze, This Snufagopolis and the aforementioned Meet the David with GOPhers everywhere else like MARCO "polio" RUBIO on Meet the David, RICK "Good Hair" PERRY and TIM PAWLENTY on Face the Bob and ED GUILE-ESPIE on State of the Candy, good brick targets all! The Tribe has regained 1st Place in the AL Central after sweeping the Reds at home. Look for the Tribe on ESPN Monday night from the new Yankee Stadium - Josh Tomlin goes up against Hiroki Kuroda! Go Tribe! And we'll see you Sunday in COL OH for COMFEST, watering ourselves at microbrew Barley's Brewing Co. and maybe a Columbus Clippers game later in the evening! Have a great week!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
Monday, June 18, 2012
- Rep. Luis Gutiérrez @ Democracy NOW! Rep. Luis Gutiérrez: In Obama Deportation Move, Long-Term Immigration Activism "Has Been Rewarded"
- Lorella Praeli & Jose Antonio Vargas @ Democracy NOW! After Years of Struggle, DREAM Act Activists Hail Monumental Victory for Immigrants Living in Fear
- Voices From NYC "Stop-and-Frisk" March @ Democracy NOW! Thousands Hold Silent March to Mayor Bloomberg’s Home in Protest of NYPD’s "Stop-and-Frisk"
- "Stop-and-Frisk" Discussion @ Democracy NOW! Watch the entire show! Excellent interviews!
- li>Sharif Abdel Kouddous reports from Egypt on the country’s growing political crisis @ Democracy NOW! A Coup in Cairo: As Muslim Brotherhood Claims Election Victory, Military Strips President of Power
- Michael Ratner @ Democracy NOW! Julian Assange of WikiLeaks Seeks Asylum in Ecuador in Attempt to Avoid Extradition to U.S.
- Kumi Naidoo, executive director of Greenpeace @ Democracy NOW! Failed Pledges, Weak Draft Lower Hopes for Rio+20 U.N. Conference on Sustainable Development in Brazil
- Activist Brittany Trilford @ Democracy NOW! "Are You Here to Save Face — or Save Us?": Brittany Trilford, 17, Addresses World Leaders at Rio+20
- Activist Nnimmo Bassey @ Democracy NOW! Nigerian Activist Nnimmo Bassey: Rio+20 Summit Will Not Get Us Out of Environmental Crisis
- Severn Cullis-Suzuki @ Democracy NOW! At Rio+20, Severn Cullis-Suzuki Revisits Historic '92 Speech, Fights for Next Generation's Survival
- Anthony Graves, former Texas death row prisoner & journalist James Ridgeway @ Democracy NOW! Torture in U.S. Prisons? Historic Senate Hearing Takes Up Solitary Confinement’s Devastating Toll AND From Death Row to Exoneration: Fmr. Texas Prisoner Anthony Graves on Surviving Solitary Confinement
- Monika Bauerlein &Andy Kroll of Mother Jones magazine @ Democracy NOW! Dark Money: Will Secret Spending by a Group of Billionaires Decide the 2012 Election? (Pt. 1)
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
- Please SIGN THE PETITION in support of the "99%'s Deficit Proposal" and plan direct actions to tell the Super Committee that the 99% have better solutions to our nation's crises. You can plan your own action at your Congressmember's office or join us in Freedom Plaza in Washington, DC for marches to Capitol Hill. Check our calendar for announcements.
B R I C K T E E V E E image ©2006 arkysue THEY report. YOU throw bricks. © Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE! The essential guide for watching government propaganda IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012 AFGHANISTAN: 2,017 US Military Dead as of June 14, 2012 The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) anchor George Stephanopoulos with Jake Tapper subbing
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif.
• ROUNDTABLE: Vice Chair of the House Democratic Caucus Rep. Xavier Becerra, D-Calif., ABC News' George Will, National Journal White House correspondent Major Garrett, Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan, and Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Texas Gov. Rick Perry
• former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty
• Los Angles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa
• Obama's deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter
• Eric Fehrnstrom, one of Mitt Romney's closest advisers
• ROUNDTABLE: Washington Post's Dan Balz, CBS News Chief White House Correspondent Norah O'Donnell and CBS News Political director John Dickerson
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Greg Mortenson - He's written inspiring best sellers, including "Three Cups of Tea," but are the stories all true? Steve Kroft investigates. Andy Court, Kevin Livelli and Maria Usman are the producers.
• Howard Buffett - Legendary investor Warren Buffett has chosen his son Howard to succeed him as head of his multibillion dollar holding company. But as Lesley Stahl reports, "Howie" -- a farmer -- is no chip off the old block. Karen Sughrue and Julie Holstein are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)
• Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA)
• ROUNDTABLE: Former Governor Bill Richardson (D-NM); POLITICO’s Senior Political Reporter Jonathan Martin; and NBC News Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Andrea Mitchell.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Romney campaign senior adviser, Ed Gillespie.
• Former Bush Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez
• Congressman Luis Gutierrez (D-IL)
• ROUNDTABLE: Susan Page of USA Today, and Peter Baker of The New York Times
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• Prayer Meetin' Wednesday!!!!! Uber Pope/Imam/Rabbi Bob lets the Religious Right have it! Listen HERE (mp3) NOW! Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - June 21th IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Good news and bad --- mostly bad --- from the Rio+20 Earth Summit; Deluged in Duluth - record storm, record floods; Awkward!: 3 new oil spills complicate Canada's Keystone XL pipeline dreams; PLUS: Greenpeace billboard rejected --- you'll never guess their offensive slogan (no, really!)... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Outdoor recreation jobs outnumber oil jobs 3 to 1; CA leads the way on GMO labeling; US Dems demand stronger fracking rules; Senate rejects block to new mercury rules; L.A. to get much hotter (we ain't talking bikinis); AZ mining company wants pollution fines reversed; Not-so-bad farm bill passes Senate; Canada's new budget 'buts' environmental protections ... PLUS: 'It's madness' that waste isn't a bigger international priority ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE: #NPRFail: Florida's Rick Scott Gets Free Ride on Voter Suppression, Claims About DHS Database Perhaps we should call it the David Gregory Technique, since the dreadful Meet the Press host seems to use it, and little more, week in and week out during his usually useless interviews with public officials. Here's how the David Gregory Technique works: Ask a public official for "your response to that charge?" Get that response. And then move on to the next question. No follow-up. No challenge. It's that simple. Just get their "response" on record --- like an in-person performance of the public official's already-published press release responding, either accurately or not, to the same issue. Afterword, news consumers are no more informed or enlightened than before going in, other than to become familiar with the political talking points in play, whether they are based in fact or reality or not. Who knows? Such was the treatment that Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) enjoyed last week from Michele Martin on the apparently ironically named TELL ME MORE program on National Public Radio concerning his spate of allegedly unlawful, attempted voter suppression programs in the Sunshine State. NBC's David Gregory couldn't have done it better himself...
• BRADCAST UPDATE! KPFK's 'BradCast': Ron Paul Senior Advisor Doug Wead on the Still-Presidential Candidate's Curious (and Often Successful) Delegate Strategy
• Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Now up to 9,200+ Election Protection posts! Find out who's counting your votes and how at ElectionIntegrity.org too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Standard Podcast June 22, 2012 Special Report: California’s Barbaric Solitary Confinement Prisons In this special report, we feature 4 views on the use of long-term solitary confinement in the California prison system. Led by the Center for Constitutional Rights, a group of legal advocates has sued to change this harsh practice and limit the length of time that prisoners can be placed in isolation.
• PBC Standard Podcast June 21, 2012 Boiling Frogs: Author Chase Madar on Whistleblower Bradley Manning Attorney Carl Mayer and activist Adam Fergatch return for Part 4 of our series on their effort to overturn Citizens United. This podcast is free, available to all–please share it!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! June 15, 2012
• We’ll be hearing more interviews from this year’s Netroots Nation convention, including:
- Bill McKibben, founder of 350.org and author of the new book “Eaarth.”
- Heather Hurlburt from the National Security Network and Matthew Duss from the Center for American Progress will join us to discuss the situation in Syria.
- Activist Zach Wahls will discuss marriage equality.
- Forrest Brown will tell us how the PCCC is working to get progressives elected across the country.
- Robert Borosage from the Center for American Progress on how we can create a political system that works for the 99%
- Tyson Slocum from Public Citizen will discuss the need to reign in oil speculators
- Mother Jones’ Andy Kroll on how the Wisconsin uprising was hijacked
- Alternet Senior Editor Josh Holland will discuss the media’s misrepresentation of Bain Capita
- Truthout’s Mike Ludwig will tell us about the bully tactics of the fracking industry
- And Steven Rosenfeld from Alternet will discuss the geezer billionaires that are now running the GOP.
- Bill McKibben, founder of 350.org and author of the new book “Eaarth.”
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• June 18, 2012 Abe Bonowitz, Abolish Death Penalty & Sen. Sherrod Brown
• June 19, 2012 Bill McKibben, Our Earth & Dave Zirin, Politics of Sports
• June 20, 2012 Rick Perlstein, Republican Cheaters
• June 21, 2012 Chris Hayes on Elites, Meritocracy & More
• June 22, 2012 Casual Friday! Cliff Schecter with News & Matthew Film Guy
• MORE Podcast Interviews at Majority.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV PLUS here is Max Keiser’s official Facebook page And here is the official Keiser Report page
• The “Keiser Report” has been begging europe to do this for years by maxkeiser READ European Banks Preparing To Boycott Big Three Rating Agencies zerohedge(nakedcapitalism)
• VIDEO! Max Keiser and Hugo Salinas Price on Sunny TV – Athens, Greece by maxkeiser Interview by George Noulas.
• KEISER REPORT [KR303] Keiser Report: Elite Losers & Heroes of Fraud We discuss whether elites are failures and losers or whether they are acting in show trials while wearing Presidential seals of approval. They also review Bloomberg’s lawsuit seeking evidence of tacit collusion between the EU and Greece regarding Goldman Sachs’ swap deals to hide its debt. In the second half of the show Max talks to economist, professor and Member of Parliament in Tunisia, Moncef Cheikhrouhou, about building real economies so that the next generation will inherit olive trees not debts.
• KEISER REPORT [KR304] Keiser Report: Runaway Greek Cash We discuss economic Jack and the Beanstalk style miracles that look a whole lot like simple ponzi schemes that Lilliputian financial journalists fail to report. In the second half of the show Max talks to Satyajit Das, author of Extreme Money, about the European debt crisis, how much longer Germany can stay solvent and whether German banks would have survived if the Irish taxpayer had not bailed them out in the first place. Oh, and Max barks.
• KEISER REPORT [KR305] Keiser Report: Feta Cheese Trap We discuss smashed watermelon and dead rat collateral and the fraud flow of a less than zero balance sheet. In the second half of the show Max talks to economist, Constantin Gurdgiev, about intergalactic bailout bonds to the rescue and other crazy ideas to solve the global debt catastrophe and the significance of the gold collateral to Germany’s idea of a European Redemption Fund.
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Greg Hunter
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM365] The Truth About Markets – 16 June 2012 Download show HERE (mp3)
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM366] The Truth About Markets – 23 June 2012 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Richard Silverstein June 19, 2012: Richard Silverstein, writer of the Tikun Olam blog, discusses his article “Flame: Israel’s New Contribution to Middle East Cyberwar ;” the IDF’s "Unit 8200" cyberwarfare department; the differences between industrial-sabotage virus Stuxnet and the sophisticated espionage worm Flame; how state-created computer viruses can get out of control and wreak havoc on their creators; President Obama’s antisocial foreign policy of anonymous drone strikes and cyber attacks; and the US’s rejection of Russia’s proposed international ban on cyberwar (Max Boot hates the idea , so maybe the Russians were on to something).
• Adam Morrow June 19, 2012: IPS News journalist Adam Morrow discusses Muslim Brotherhood candidate Mohamed Morsi’s narrow victory in Egypt’s presidential runoff election; how Egypt’s military and supreme constitutional court are subverting civilian government and democratic reforms; the danger of false flag bombings designed to sow unrest and discredit the Islamists; and why Egypt’s military is better suited for domestic repression than national defense.
• Eva Galperin June 23, 2012: Eva Galperin, International Freedom of Expression Coordinator for the Electronic Frontier Foundation, discusses her article about pro-Syrian-government hackers using malicious computer software against Syrian activists; the online information battle between loyalists and anti-government groups, in the absence of on-the-ground media; why Skype isn’t any safer to use than social media like Facebook; protecting yourself online by encrypting communications and staying informed about threats; and how rudimentary hacking tools can be just as effective as the very sophisticated and expensive Stuxnet and Flame viruses.
• Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Congressman Darrell Issa
• Congressman Elijah Cummings
• T. Boone Pickens
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml