Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Good-bye 2013! Hello 2014! We're sure you've read your share of highlights of The Year 2013 so we won't bore you with our own "list" - just skim through all our past posts from 2013! And besides, our list would only have one entry: Edward Snowden! So let's begin the New Year 2014 with this New York Tiimes op-ed published December 31, 2013 by Michael Moore who explains The Obamacare We Deserve TODAY marks the beginning of health care coverage under the Affordable Care Act’s new insurance exchanges, for which two million Americans have signed up. Now that the individual mandate is officially here, let me begin with an admission: Obamacare is awful. That is the dirty little secret many liberals have avoided saying out loud for fear of aiding the president’s enemies, at a time when the ideal of universal health care needed all the support it could get. Unfortunately, this meant that instead of blaming companies like Novartis, which charges leukemia patients $90,000 annually for the drug Gleevec, or health insurance chief executives like Stephen Hemsley of UnitedHealth Group, who made nearly $102 million in 2009, for the sky-high price of American health care, the president’s Democratic supporters bought into the myth that it was all those people going to get free colonoscopies and chemotherapy for the fun of it. ......... When right-wing critics “expose” the fact that President Obama endorsed a single-payer system before 2004, they’re actually telling the truth. What we now call Obamacare was conceived at the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank, and birthed in Massachusetts by Mitt Romney, then the governor. The president took Romneycare, a program designed to keep the private insurance industry intact, and just improved some of its provisions. In effect, the president was simply trying to put lipstick on the dog in the carrier on top of Mitt Romney’s car. And we knew it. By 2017, we will be funneling over $100 billion annually to private insurance companies. You can be sure they’ll use some of that to try to privatize Medicare. ............ For many people, the “affordable” part of the Affordable Care Act risks being a cruel joke. The cheapest plan available to a 60-year-old couple making $65,000 a year in Hartford, Conn., will cost $11,800 in annual premiums. And their deductible will be $12,600. If both become seriously ill, they might have to pay almost $25,000 in a single year. (Pre-Obamacare, they could have bought insurance that was cheaper but much worse, potentially with unlimited out-of-pocket costs.) And yet — I would be remiss if I didn’t say this — Obamacare is a godsend. My friend Donna Smith, who was forced to move into her daughter’s spare room at age 52 because health problems bankrupted her and her husband, Larry, now has cancer again. As she undergoes treatment, at least she won’t be in terror of losing coverage and becoming uninsurable. Under Obamacare, her premium has been cut in half, to $456 per month. Let’s not take a victory lap yet, but build on what there is to get what we deserve: universal quality health care. ........... If you have not yet watched SiCKO go thee to a local library and borrow it or order the DVD from Mike! Gather the family and friends, make some popcorn and WATCH IT!
At alternet.org Noam Chomsky: The Nutty Antics of Right-Wingers Distract Us from the Agenda of the 1% This interview originally appeared on the Voice of Russia, and is reprinted here with their permission. Excellent analysis by Chomsky as usual! Go read all of this interview!
As The Brick TeeVee Crew hunkers down for an historic Arctic blast & record lows expected to be -9° F by Tuesday night TheGuardian.com's Damian Carrington reports
Planet likely to warm by 4C by 2100, scientists warn Temperature rises resulting from unchecked climate change will be at the severe end of those projected, according to a new scientific study. The scientist leading the research said that unless emissions of greenhouse gases were cut, the planet would heat up by a minimum of 4C by 2100, twice the level the world's governments deem dangerous. The research indicates that fewer clouds form as the planet warms, meaning less sunlight is reflected back into space, driving temperatures up further still. The way clouds affect global warming has been the biggest mystery surrounding future climate change. Professor Steven Sherwood, at the University of New South Wales, in Australia, who led the new work, said: "This study breaks new ground twice: first by identifying what is controlling the cloud changes and second by strongly discounting the lowest estimates of future global warming in favour of the higher and more damaging estimates." "4C would likely be catastrophic rather than simply dangerous," Sherwood told the Guardian. "For example, it would make life difficult, if not impossible, in much of the tropics, and would guarantee the eventual melting of the Greenland ice sheet and some of the Antarctic ice sheet", with sea levels rising by many metres as a result. The research is a "big advance" that halves the uncertainty about how much warming is caused by rises in carbon emissions, according to scientists commenting on the study, published in the journal Nature. .......... "Climate sceptics like to criticise climate models for getting things wrong, and we are the first to admit they are not perfect," said Sherwood. "But what we are finding is that the mistakes are being made by the models which predict less warming, not those that predict more." He added: "Sceptics may also point to the 'hiatus' of temperatures since the end of the 20th century, but there is increasing evidence that this inaptly named hiatus is not seen in other measures of the climate system, and is almost certainly temporary." .......... Sherwood accepts his team's work on the role of clouds cannot definitively rule out that future temperature rises will lie at the lower end of projections. "But," he said, for that to be the case, "one would need to invoke some new dimension to the problem involving a major missing ingredient for which we currently have no evidence. Such a thing is not out of the question but requires a lot of faith." He added: "Rises in global average temperatures of [at least 4C by 2100] will have profound impacts on the world and the economies of many countries if we don't urgently start to curb our emissions." Okay then! Of course to the troglodytes on fauxnews all this cold weather is The Definitive Sign the planet is actually COOLING! Waddabunchamaroons! MediaMatters.org chronicles the latest Koch-Bros-funded climate change deniers:
- Fox Host Thinks Ice In Antarctica Shows "Global Cooling"
- Eric Boehlert On MSNBC's All In: Right-Wing Media's Climate Misinformation Has Real-Life Implications
- Chris Hayes Lambastes Right-Wing Media's "Annual Tradition Of Snow-Trolling"
- Fox's Bolling Calls Climate Change A Scam To "Fund Vacations Up In The Antarctic" And Researchers' Lifestyles
- 13 Dumbest Things Media Said About Climate Change In 2013
- No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.
- NSA’s authorities to collect signals intelligence data include procedures that protect the privacy of US persons. Such protections are built into and cut across the entire process. Members of Congress have the same privacy protections as all US persons. NSA is fully committed to transparency with Congress. Our interaction with Congress has been extensive both before and since the media disclosures began last June.
- The answer is telling. We already know that the NSA collects records on virtually every phone call made in the United States. That program was renewed for the 36th time on Friday. If members of Congress are treated no differently than other Americans, then the NSA likely keeps tabs on every call they make as well. It’s a relief to know that Congress doesn’t get a special carve-out (they’re just like us!). But the egalitarianism of it all will likely be of little comfort to Sanders.”
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Jameel Jaffer, American Civil Liberties Union deputy legal director & journalist Glenn Greenwald Orwellian or a Blunt Tool?: Conflicting Rulings on NSA Spying Set Up Likely Supreme Court Showdown
- More Greenwald Glenn Greenwald: The NSA Can "Literally Watch Every Keystroke You Make"
- Imara Jones, economic justice contributor for Colorlines.com Jobless Benefits Cut for 1.3 Million, Despite Highest Long-Term Unemployment Since World War II
- Sherif Mansour & Sharif Abdel Kouddous Crackdown on Brotherhood, Opposition Grows as Egypt Joins Ranks of Most Dangerous for Journalists
- Julian Assange, founder and editor-in-chief of WikiLeaks WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange Calls on Computer Hackers to Unite Against NSA Surveillance
- Jacob Appelbaum, independent journalist and security expert Jacob Appelbaum: Futuristic-Sounding "Radar Wave Devices" Can Help NSA Monitor Your Computer Usage
- Sarah van Gelder, editor-in-chief of YES! Magazine Looking Back: A Year of Struggles on Climate, Education & Marriage Equality Inspire Hope for 2014
- Dave Isay 2013 In Review: Power, Politics and Resistance Today we look back at 2013. It was a historic year. We spend the hour today looking back at the stories that shaped 2013.
- Bill de Blasio, newly elected mayor of New York City. Newly Elected Mayor Bill de Blasio: NYC Cannot Become the "Exclusive Domain of the One Percent"
- Harry Belafonte, legendary singer, actor and civil rights activist. Harry Belafonte Urges de Blasio to Fight Poverty, Stop-and-Frisk & "Dickensian Justice System"
- Letitia James, new public advocate of New York City Public Advocate Letitia James: Time to Tackle "Gilded Age of Inequality" in New York City
- Ramya Ramana, New York City’s youth poet laureate "We Will No Longer Stay Silent to This Classism": NYC Youth Poet Laureate Ramya Ramana
- Lynne Stewart & Bob Boyle, one of Lynne Stewart’s attorneys. Exclusive: Dying Lawyer Lynne Stewart’s Jubilant Return Home After Winning Compassionate Release
- High School rape victim Rachel Bradshaw-Bean & Sandra Park, senior attorney with the ACLU’s Women’s Rights Project. Texas Student: After Reporting Rape, I Was Accused of "Public Lewdness," Sent to Disciplinary School
- Lori Wallach, director of Public Citizen’s Global Trade Watch NAFTA at 20: Lori Wallach on U.S. Job Losses, Record Income Inequality, Mass Displacement in Mexico
- Peter Rosset, professor of rural social movements and "agro-ecology" at the ECOSUR Center for Research and Graduate Studies in San Cristóbal de las Casas, Mexico Zapatista Uprising 20 Years Later: How Indigenous Mexicans Stood Up Against NAFTA "Death Sentence"
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NFL PLAYOFFS on CBS Chargers @ Bengals 1:05 pm et Sunday »»» NFL PLAYOFFS on FOX 49ers @ Packers 4:40 pm et Sunday »»» GODADDY BOWL on ESPN Arkansas State vs. Ball State 9 pm et Sunday »»» VIZIO BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP on ESPN No. 1 Florida State vs. No. 2 Auburn 8 pm et Tuesday »»» NBA on TNT Thursday Doubleheader! Heat @ Knicks 8 pm et then Thunder @ Nuggets 10:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Meet the New CISPA. Same as the Old CISPA. Last year, thanks to a public outcry, the effort to pass overreaching cybersecurity legislation stalled in the Senate. Now supporters have reintroduced the House version of that legislation — the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA). The “new” version is in fact identical to the original CISPA — and poses the same threat to our digital civil liberties. If CISPA becomes law, it will be a major blow to our online privacy. But more than that, CISPA’s passage would have a chilling effect on our freedom to connect online. We won’t feel as free to state unpopular opinions, or to speak truth to power, if we know that Big Brother could get a feed of everything we say and do. This is not what the free and open Internet is about. We must tell Congress: Vote NO on CISPA and bury this bill for good.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the Private Manning Support Network! August 26, 2013, By attorney David Coombs and the Private Manning Support Network (formerly the Bradley Manning Support Network). Additional clarification on PVT Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning's request regarding her gender and name. With your continued support, our network will continue its advocacy efforts in support our heroic WikiLeaks whistle-blower through this new phase of her life. ....... UPDATE! Help us continue the battle to free prisoner of conscience Chelsea Manning in 2014! December 21, 2013. By the Private Manning Support Network. Read about ongoing projects we are working on to support Chelsea while we fight for her immediate release, and consider donating to the defense fund so that we can continue our efforts through 2014! We have raised $26,000 so far of the $40,000 needed to sustain these projects. ..... AND Update 12/29/13: Alexa O'brien discusses Chelsea's trial at the 30C3 CCC conference in Hamburg Watch the entire presentation as Alexa O'brien discusses the excessive secrecy that surrounded Chelsea's trial. Also, Amnesty International's petition calling for the immediate release of Chelsea Manning has reached 15,000 signatures. Sign it today. .....
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
B R I C K T E E V E E The essential guide for watching government propaganda! THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE! IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012 AFGHANISTAN: 2,302 US Military Dead as of Jan. 2, 2014 The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises MOCKINGBIRD: The Subversion Of The Free Press By The CIA Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read Manufacturing Consent: Noam Chomsky and the Media at informationclearinghouse R.I.P. Peter Wintonick "Manufacturing Consent" Director Peter Wintonick Dead at 60
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky.
• Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y.
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News’ Cokie Roberts, Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol, Republican strategist and CNN contributor Ana Navarro, former Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer, and BuzzFeed editor-in-chief Ben Smith
• Sunday Spotlight, ABC’s Bob Woodruff speaks with actor Mark Wahlberg, writer and director Peter Berg, and former Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell about “Lone Survivor,” the riveting new film chronicling one of the deadliest days in Navy SEAL history. And ABC News Chief Global Affairs Correspondent Martha Raddatz, Col. Steve Ganyard, USMC (Ret.) and Vice Admiral Robert Harward, U.S. Navy (Ret.) discuss the future of special operations forces, and whether their efforts should be portrayed on the big-screen.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV)
• Republican Congressmen Matt Salmon, R-Ariz., and Peter King, R-N.Y.
• ROUNDTABLE: Peggy Noonan of The Wall Street Journal, David Sanger of The New York Times, David Ignatius of The Washington Post, and our CBS News Political Director John Dickerson.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• 60 Minutes apologizes for Benghazi report
Coming Up Sunday, Jan. 5 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• The Cleantech Crash
• Hollywood's Villain: Kim Dotcom
• Volcanoes: Nature's ticking time bombs
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Former Homeland Security Secretary, now leader of the Presidential delegation to the Olympic Games, Janet Napolitano
• Director of the National Economic Council Gene Sperling .
• CNBC’s Jim Cramer
• Impact of Obamacare: Dr. Delos Cosgrove of the Cleveland Clinic and Dr. John Noseworthy of the Mayo Clinic.
• ROUNDTABLE: Republican strategist Steve Schmidt, Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), PBS Newshour’s Judy Woodruff and NBC Political Director Chuck Todd
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• Director of the National Economic Council Gene Sperling
• Governor Scott Walker (R-WI)
• veteran Supreme Court reporter Joan Biskupic of Reuters
• ROUNDTABLE: Preview of the top races of 2014 with Stu Rothenberg of the Rothenberg Political Report, along with CNN Commentator Cornell Belcher and Mattie Duppler of Americans For Tax Reform.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• NEW YEARS EVE-A-PALOOZA! Last show of 2013 with a special H.O.R.N. listener roundtable! Pull up a cold one! Listen NOW HERE - Tuesday, December 31st, 2013 (mp3)! Be sure to tune in for the Special New Year's Eve show on Tuesday! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• Housekeeping: New 'Green News Report' iTunes and RSS Feed We're still on the road, enjoying a rare bit of family time, but doing some housekeeping in the background. As we told listeners of Green News Report before our holiday break, the GNR would be moving to a different server/feed after the first of the year. That feed is now up and good to go! Please adjust accordingly...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Disgraced Former Bushies Go to Bat for RW 'Voter Fraud' Group in TX Photo ID Case After being rejected by the court, vote suppression outfit 'True the Vote' files an appeal, releases Dubya's disgraced hounds...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Federal Judge Finds UTAH's Equality Ban Unconstitutional Merry Christmas, Utah! Couples flock to County Clerk's office to get married immediately after long-standing state ban on equality is surprisingly lifted...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! TAFTA, Like TPP, Another Global Corporate Coup As the Trans-Pacific Partnership is negotiated by and for multi-national corporations in secret, so is the Trans-Atlantic 'Free Trade' Agreement, and you won't like it any better...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! VIDEO! Greenwald vs. WaPo 'Obama Loyalist' Marcus Must see debate on the 'crimes' of NSA's Edward Snowden and DNI James Clapper, illustrating, how 'D.C. media make excuses for those in power when they break the law'...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment 17 Dec 2013 PBC News & Comment: Snowden Seeks Refuge in Brazil as Court Opens Legal Floodgate Monday’s Washington Snowden storm: White House rejects amnesty as Obama meets with angry tech execs and court rules against NSA…
• PBC News & Comment 3 Jan 2014 PBC News & Comment: Snowden “Has Done His Country a Great Service” NY Times joins Guardian in calling for clemency or reduced charges for Snowden; EFF’s Cindy Cohn calls for constitutional fix…
• PBC Standard Podcast January 3, 2014Boiling Frogs: Cindy Cohn of Electronic Frontier Foundation Recaps Government Surveillance Disclosures
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! January 3, 2014 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern. Best of Ring of Fire Radio!
• Please enjoy the very best of Ring of Fire this weekend. All new shows return next Saturday, January 11th.
• ACLU staff attorney Patrick Toomey joins us to discuss the ACLU’s lawsuit against the NSA.
• Michael Artz from the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees will tell us what the Detroit bankruptcy ruling means for public pensions.
• Dave Zirin from Edge of Sports will tell us about the lingering problem of racism in college football.
• And Larry Cohen, president of the Communication Workers of America, will be here to talk about his union’s fight against the Trans Pacific Partnership.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Dec. 218, 2013 Sundays at NOON!
»» This week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV, please enjoy a selection of some of the very best interviews from Ring of Fire Radio. Ring of Fire has been on the air for nearly a decade, and in that time we have talked to some of the most influential leaders from both the political arena and the media. This week we will re-visit several of those interviews.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on December 21, 2013 by Joshua Schwitzerlett - Ring of Fire’s top stories from the past week.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on January 4, 2014 by Joshua Schwitzerlett
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Oil Industry Privatizes Profit, Socializes Risks (VIDEO) Mike Papantonio talks with Thom Hartmann about the recent railway disaster in North Dakota, and how the oil industry has a proven track record of putting lives in danger in order to make a quick buck.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: These Corporations Are Spying On You (VIDEO) Mike Papantonio talks with Thom Hartmann about the revelations that have come out thanks to Edward Snowden, and the possibility of the U.S. government granting him clemency.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 12/30 Best of 2013: Diane Ravitch: The Corporate Scam Destroying Education & Tor Ekeland: “Hackers” The New Communists?
• TUESDAY 12/31 Best of 2013: Citizens Fight Back With Sarah Slamen, Sandra Steingraber, & John Mullins
• THURSDAY 1/2/14 Best of 2013: Mark Blyth: Austerity: The History of a Dangerous Idea
• FRIDAY 1/3/14 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Marc Maron
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• The Federal Reserve 100th Anniversary Road Show Spectacular! by alexschaefer - Paint Provocateur Alex Schaefer wants to say “Happy Birthday, Federal Reserve!’ You made it to 100 years of conducting the nation’s monetary policy! Since mainstream media didn’t send a card, a painter, a protestor, a filmmaker, a freedom fighter and a mad crew are going on a road trip across the USA to visit all twelve of your branches to help you celebrate! Come rain or monkey shines, they are on a mission to throw the birthday party nightmares are made of. A party to highlight the historic END of the original 100 year charter the Federal Reserve Bank has with the U.S. Government December 23rd, 2013! CLICK HERE FOR THE CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN & HELP GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! Lots of great donation perks, all original works of art by Alex Schaefer and Cain Motter! This is a great way to collect some art AND help fund this amazing journey and film. It’s a win-win situation! Let’s some history and shake things up around here!
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• VIDEO! CrossTalk: Remembering 2013 with Kayla Williams, Medea Benjamin, Kelley Vlahos with host Peter Lavelle by maxkeiser
• Apple’s statement went out of its way to portray the U.S. government as a security threat calling the NSA “malicious hackers.” by maxkeiser - READ Just Two Words From Apple On The NSA’s iPhone Hacking Show How The Tech Community Now Hates The NSA AND Not Socially Acceptable: NSA boss video ‘most hated’ on YouTube in 2013?
• Energy regulator says energy markets too opaque to determine whether or not customers are being fleeced by Stacy Herbert - Stacy Summary: Exactly. So why privatize something that cannot possibly be a free market. There is no way to have competition in this market unless you want to rip up the infrastructure and place dozens of flexible wires and pipes for whichever company wants to enter the fray......
• “The end of the 5-year bull run in global stock markets is now imminent.” by maxkeiser - READ Forget IMF’s Tax On Deposits, This Will Truly Destroy Savers (kingworldnews.com)
• KEISER REPORT [KR543] Keiser Report: Empire Kaput, Crypto-Currencies 2014! We discuss whether or not 2014 will be one of economic and financial fallout from the 2013 Year of Bitcoin and Snowden. They look at Paul Krugman’s claim that Bitcoin is evil because it’s not backed by men with guns and the latest in the financial fallout from Snowden’s NSA revelations in terms of contractual demands that data never enter the US. In the second half, Max interviews Barb Jacobson of basicincome2013.eu about the European Citizens Initiative for Unconditional Basic Income. Max compares it to the basic income provided to bankers through policies like quantitative easing.
• KEISER REPORT [KR544] Keiser Report: Westminster Circus We discuss the scary banking clowns, the alleged decline in bank robberies and the Times’ ‘Briton of the Year,’ George Osborne causing a nation of a million mortgage holders in ‘perilous debt.’ In the second half, Max interviews Danny Blanchflower, a former external member of the Bank of England’s interest rate-setting Monetary Policy Committee, about the disastrous UK economy, George Osborne’s policies and the BoE decision to buy UK Gilts rather than other assets during this crisis.
• KEISER REPORT [KR545] Keiser Report: Pickpockets Rule UK? We discuss the beggar economy in which the biggest pickpockets rule. We also look at the London Gold Fix, in particular, where every day for the past more than twenty years, pockets were picked every single day, according to the data. In the second half, Max interviews precious metals expert, James Turk, about his new book, “The Money Bubble,” and about the dollar, gold and Bitcoin.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1301] The Truth About Markets – 21 December 2013 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday from 3-5 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream.......
• Scott Horton Radio Show 12/23/13 Eric Margolis: Foreign correspondent Eric Margolis discusses Kim Jong-un’s execution of his uncle in-law; why Nelson Mandela was a “South African Gandhi;” the difference between fascism and extreme right wing dictators; and US intervention in South Sudan.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 12/27/13 Sheldon Richman: Sheldon Richman, vice president of The Future of Freedom Foundation, discusses the Senate proposal for new sanctions that would undermine the fragile Iranian nuclear deal; mandatory US support for an Israeli attack on Iran; and the American misunderstanding of what a Palestinian “land for peace” deal really means.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 12/29/13 Adam Morrow: Cairo-based IPS News journalist Adam Morrow discusses the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood’s turn from democratically elected government to outlawed terrorist group in six months time; the bigger Egyptian protests despite harsher and deadlier crackdowns by the military; and the media’s increasingly less believable over-the-top denunciations of the Muslim Brotherhood.
• Visit his blog Stress. See ScottHorton.org for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney (R)
• Ilyse Hogue, President of NARAL Pro-Choice America
• Mark Rienzi, Senior Counsel for the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml