Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Labor Day Special 2014! The Brick TeeVee Crew did lots of projects around the compound over the Labor Day Weekend (including another plumbing-job-from-Hell), had the required cook-out and consumed large quantities of adult beverages too while watching The Tribe make their move in the AL Central! We have so much stuff gathered up over the past few weeks we need to get it off our table and put it on yours! So not a lot of big snips this week but certainly a lot of links and big stories to read! First off Ring of Fire Radio snags this clip from The Big Picture Thom Hartmann: You Don’t Know What Libertarian Means In attempt to help distance themselves from the GOP, more and more conservatives are labeling themselves as “Libertarians.” The only problem, as Thom Hartmann points out on The Big Picture, is that these conservatives have absolutely no clue what it means to be a “Libertarian.” Take a look! And watch Thursday's Full Show 8/28/14: Mitch McConnell’s “47% Moment”? Thom discusses the secret audio of Sen. Mitch McConnell’s plan to screw over the middle class with Attorney and Radio Host Mike Papantonio and whether Obama can still consider himself a progressive with Salon’s Thomas Frank. In tonight’s “Daily Take” Thom discusses what America would be like under Libertarian rule. Speaking of Mitch "The Turtle" McConnell (R-KY) The Nation has the leaked audio! Lauren Windsor exposes Caught on Tape: What Mitch McConnell Complained About to a Roomful of Billionaires (Exclusive) AND McConnell and his ilk in states across the country are passing restrictive voter laws so this is worth reposting from a few weeks ago from BradBlog.com Expert: Out of 1 Billion Votes in 14 Years, Just 31 Incidents of Voter Fraud That MIGHT Have Been Stopped by Polling Place Photo ID Restrictions ......... Justin Levitt's piece at Washington Post's "Wonk Blog" does all the heavy lifting. We've previously reported on the exhaustive study by the non-partisan News21 consortium which found just 10 incidents of possible voter fraud that might have been deterred by polling place Photo ID restrictions in all 50 states from 2000 to 2012. That report was based on all of the official actions filed in each state during that time period, of all forms of potential voter fraud or voter registration fraud or, more broadly, election fraud in general. But now Levitt --- a constitutional and democracy law professor at Loyola University Law School, who also works on related issues with NYU's Brennan Center for Justice and frequently testifies as an expert in various law suits and hearings regarding voting rights --- offers an update to those numbers. The results are remarkable, though unsurprising to those who have followed the creation of this Republican stalking horse for the past decade........ READ ALL OF THIS! AND share with your state election officials and state legislators and local news organizations! We can only hope the GOPhers' BOGUS CLAIM of alleged WIDESPREAD "voter fraud" is FINALLY DEBUNKED and LAID TO REST. THIS is a CLEAR-CUT CASE of REPUBLICAN OBSTRUCTIONISM and LIES made out of WHOLE CLOTH perpetuated by their bought-n-paid-for corporomedia mouthpieces. DEMS in states across the country need to HAMMER their GOPher counterparts in this 2014 mid-term election cycle for supporting ANY proposal restricting voters to cast a legitimate balllot. IT'S NOT TOO LATE! YOU CAN HELP! GET ACTIVE! Write yer local rags, call into local talk shows, MAKE IT AN ISSUE! We CAN do this! Create the dialog in your own community to make sure EVERY ELEGIBLE VOTER can CAST a BALLOT. And VOLUNTEER NOW to WORK THE POLLS this November in yer precinct too. Many BoEs pay $$$ to volunteers to help out and RUN our Most Basic Democratic Function: VOTING. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE! If We Da Peeps cannot Vote Da Bums Out what other recourse do we have left, eh? FOR EXAMPLE Our Story So Far: The WI GOP Photo ID Voting Restrictions at BradBlog.com Trouble keeping up with all the court cases barring, then allowing, then barring the GOP's Photo ID voting restrictions in Wisconsin? Let us catch you up quickly with the latest... More info at BradBlog.com!
NEXT Investigative journalist and author Dahr Jamail has a new book coming out The Mass Destruction of Iraq: Dahr and co-author William Rivers Pitt, “provide the definitive history of what happened to Iraq” in their new e-book The Mass Destruction of Iraq. The Disintegration of a Nation: Why It Is Happening, And Who Is Responsible. From Truthout: “Once again, violence and mayhem in the shattered nation of Iraq is making headlines. Meanwhile, the George W. Bush-era authors of that nation’s ongoing war have taken to the airwaves and the editorial pages in an effort to distance themselves from the carnage and misery their actions have wrought.” “In The Mass Descruction of Iraq [Pitt and Jamail] prove the definitive history of what happened to Iraq, why it happened, and who is responsible.” Order The Mass Destruction of Iraq now! Click HERE!
THEN At FDL Jeff Kaye explains how Obama Admits He Banned Only “Some” of the CIA’s Torture Techniques .........But there was a much more insidious and institutional salvage of torture by the U.S. government, which, rocked after the Abu Ghraib revelations, tried to hide and maintain its use of detention and interrogation techniques that relied on force, mental cruelty, fear, isolation, stress positions, sleep and sensory deprivation, and the use of drugs. Waterboarding, for all the attention given to that brutal form of torture, was never really a major component of U.S. torture. There were even some in the CIA who would be glad to see it go. Using solitary confinement, loud music and 24 hour bright lights, verbal abuse and humiliation, “dislocating the expectations” of prisoners by, for instance, moving them around every day so they never had a sense of solid place or safety or time to rest, or using drugs to disorient them — this is the kind of torture that leaves deep psychological wounds, and which the U.S. wanted to maintain in its interrogation arsenal. .....................Obama’s admission that he had only banned “some” of the previous administration’s torture techniques was not the first time the government has made such an admission, however obliquely. ............. But oddly, besides myself, only Obama seems to have noticed that not all the torture techniques were rescinded by him. The press and certainly the Senate and the House of Representatives have ignored entirely the use of torture in the Army Field Manual. While some bloggers and human rights groups have noted the anomaly of having the nation’s primary instructions on interrogation include torture techniques, and some have even called for a repeal of Appendix M or a rewriting of the field manual itself, none of these groups or individuals have made this a primary issue. Nor, when the controversy over the Senate report on the CIA torture program is discussed, is the ongoing presence of torture in the Army Field Manual ever mentioned. The failure to take on the entire torture apparatus is one reason accountability for U.S. torture cannot get sufficient traction.
Here are some items of interest from ConsortiumNews.com
- Brian J. Trautman Will Israel’s War Crimes Go Unpunished?
- Lawrence Davidson The Liberal Zionist Dilemma
- JP Sottile The Neocons’ Grim ‘Victory’ in Iraq
- Marcy Wheeler Cracking Down on Truth-telling
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Vijay Prashad, professor of international studies at Trinity College Blowback: Vijay Prashad on How Islamic State Grew Out of U.S Invasion of Iraq, Destruction of Nation
- Eric Garner Protest & March "I Can’t Breathe": NYC March over Chokehold Death of Eric Garner Protests Police Violence Nationwide
- Talib Kweli, world-renowned hip-hop artist & Rosa Clemente, longtime activist and 2008 vice-presidential candidate with the Green Party Hip-Hop Voices Talib Kweli & Rosa Clemente in Ferguson, "Ground Zero" for Police Brutality Struggle
- Michael Brown Funeral Coverage "There Will Be Justice": Mourners Speak Outside Michael Brown’s Funeral in St. Louis
- More Funeral Coverage There’s Something Wrong in America: Michael Brown’s Funeral Sparks Calls for an Enduring Movement
- Vijay Prashad, professor of international studies at Trinity College Vijay Prashad: 2011 NATO Bombing of Libya Led to Rise of Militias Now Fighting for Oil-Rich Land
- Mohammed Omer, award-winning Palestinian journalist reporting in Gaza City "The Damage is Beyond Imagination in Gaza": Journalist Mohammed Omer on Ceasefire Deal & Rebuilding
- Ryan Gallagher, reporter for The Intercept NSA Creates Google-Like Search Engine to Help Other Agencies Access Collected Phone, Email Records His latest report is "The Surveillance Engine: How the NSA Built Its Own Secret Google."
- Thomas Harvey, executive director of ArchCity Defenders & George Fields, St. Louis area resident Is Ferguson Feeding on the Poor? City Disproportionately Stops, Charges and Fines People of Color
- Bill McKibben, co-founder and director of 350.org As Obama Settles on Nonbinding Treaty, "Only a Big Movement" Can Take on Global Warming
- James Henry, economist, lawyer and senior adviser with the Tax Justice Network Tax Dodging Whopper? Burger King Moves to Canada After Merger with Tim Hortons
- James Henry & Tim Dickinson, contributing editor at Rolling Stone The Biggest Tax Scam Ever: How Corporate America Parks Profits Overseas, Avoiding Billions in Taxes Dickinson's latest in RS The Biggest Tax Scam Ever
- Yvonne Ng, senior archivist for WITNESS After Police Abuses Caught on Video, a New Guide Teaches How to Best Archive and Distribute Footage
- Juan Gonzalez, Democracy Now! co-host and New York Daily News columnist Heralding a National Trend? Enrollment Surges as NYC Begins Full-Day Prekindergarten for 50,000 Kids
- Jonathan Steele, journalist at The Guardian Ukraine Crisis Escalates as Russian Forces Cross Border, NATO Moves to Expand in Region AND Could U.S. Airstrikes in Syria and Iraq Weaken Islamic State — or Win Them More Recruits?
- Luis Gutierrez, Democratic congressman from Illinois As 145 Arrested in White House Protest, Rep. Luis Gutiérrez Urges Obama to Halt Mass Deportations AND Rep. Luis Gutiérrez: Chicago Murder Outbreak Linked to Deep-Rooted Issues of Poverty, Unemployment
- Kara Dansky, senior counsel for the American Civil Liberties Union Ferguson Crackdown Sparks Review of Police Militarization that Mainly Targets Communities of Color A new report by the American Civil Liberties Union examined more than 800 of these raids and found only 7 percent were genuine emergencies. Nearly 80 percent were used for ordinary law enforcement purposes, like serving search warrants on people’s homes. The report is called "The War Comes Home: The Excessive Militarization of American Policing." We’re joined now from Washington, D.C., by its author, Kara Dansky, senior counsel for the ACLU.
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW Edward J. Harris Jr. & Doug E. Doug: Lessons of Hayti As protests continue in Ferguson, Missouri over the killing of unarmed teenager Mike Brown, many have pointed towards the history of slavery and post-slavery institutions like Jim Crow as responsible for the racial segregation of cities like St. Louis and disenfranchisement of communities like Ferguson. However, in dissecting this history, few have examined the role that historically Black towns play in the African-American legacy--and what their downfall means for racism today....... more!
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NASCAR on ESPN Oral-B USA 500 from the Atlanta Motor Speedway! Coverage begins at 7 pm et »»» MLB on TBS Tigers @ White Sox 2:10 pm et »»» SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN INDIANS @ Royals 8 pm et »»» LABOR DAY DOUBLE-HEADER on ESPN Phillies @ Braves 1 pm et THEN Tigers @ INDIANS 4 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet The Federal Communications Commission is proposing rules that would kill — rather than protect — Net Neutrality and allow rampant discrimination online. Under these rules, telecom giants like AT&T, Comcast and Verizon would be able to pick winners and losers online and discriminate against online content and applications. And no one would be able to do anything about it. We must stop the FCC from moving forward with these rules, which would give the green light to ISPs eager to crush Net Neutrality. The agency can preserve Net Neutrality only by designating broadband as a telecommunications service under the law. Anything else is an attack on our rights to connect and communicate. Tell FCC Chairman Wheeler to throw out his proposed rules. Demand nothing less than real Net Neutrality. SIGN NOW at Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet at freepress.net NOW. Join the Day of Action on May 15! The Internet will rise up online and take to the streets. SIGN UP HERE to learn more!
Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice. These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation! NEW!!! NATION ACTION! Stop the Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger! GO THERE NOW!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the "Chelsea Manning Support Network" March 19, 2014. By CMSN. PVT Manning has filed to change her name legally to "Chelsea Elizabeth Manning" and to receive hormone therapy. To show our support in this struggle, we are renaming ourselves to the "Chelsea Manning Support Network." ..... UPDATE! ACLU preparing to sue Army over Manning's gender treatment August 12, 2014. The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), the ACLU of Kansas, and defense counsel David Coombs, sent an official complaint to Ft. Leavenworth, and also notified Defense Secretary Hagel that legal action will be taken soon if the Defense Department does not provide her with proper medical treatment. ....... AND Manning and her attorneys frustrated over Army stonewalling of healthcare, “cruel and unusual punishment” August 22, 2014. “This time last year, I publicly asked that I be provided with a treatment plan, to bring my body more in line with my gender identity. Unfortunately, despite silence, and then lip service, the military has not yet provided me with any such treatment.”........
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
Meet ABC News' Newest Contributor, Laura Ingraham 10 Moments That Illustrate The Right-Wing Radio Host's Fringe Viewpoints And Disdain For Civil Discourse - Ingraham has repeatedly engaged in inflammatory and hateful rhetoric, lobbing numerous attacks against everyone from President Obama to people who receive government assistance to her favorite target, immigrants. Here are 10 hateful moments from Ingraham in the past year...
• Rep. Tom Cole, R-Oklahoma
• former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson
• ABC News political analyst Matthew Dowd
• ABC News’ Cokie Roberts
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.
• Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., a senior member of the House Homeland Security Committee
• Rep. Adam Smith, D-Wash., ranking member on the House Armed Services Committee
• ROUNDTABLE: Danielle Pletka of the American Enterprise Institute and Michael Singh of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• CBS' '60 Minutes' admits to faking Tesla car noise
• Coming Up Sunday, Aug. 31 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• The Pink Panthers: Using expert planning and military discipline, a loose group of European thieves dubbed "the Pink Panthers" have stolen $500M over 20 years
• 90+: What factors determine which of us will make it past age 90?
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture 07/15/12 — NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich.
• Rev. Al Sharpton
• Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky.
• ROUNDTABLE: tba
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• Congressman Dutch Ruppersberger - #2 on the House Intelligence Committee
• Congressman Adam Kinzinger - Iraq war veteran and member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee
• Senator Robert Menendez – Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee
• Former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay
• ROUNDTABLE: Lanhee Chen, Penny Lee, Marc Lamont Hill, and Kristen Soltis Anderson
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!! Featuring the Malloy/H.O.R.N. Skype Group! Listen here NOW! Friday, August 29th, 2014 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - August 28, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Fire and explosion at Indiana refinery with a history of exploding; UN climate report warns of 'irreversible' global warming; Million-dollar fines for oil and chemical spills; Renewable energy now produces 22% of world's electricity; PLUS: Get ready for the People's Climate March on Sept. 21 in NYC ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!... IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (incluing links) : "An actual exit from climate hell"; 4 scenarios of our global warming future; Unpackaged: German market revolutionizes shopping; Hawaii's largest utility will triple rooftop solar by 2020; US coal industry in free fall; Yosemite Rim Fire trees to be logged; Ocean acidification is killing Bay Area's oyster industry ... PLUS: Erick Erickson really wants you to know he doesn't care about global warming ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - August 26, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Napa earthquake is a warning for CA's nuclear plants; Scott Brown's amazing climate science flip-flop; Another coal plant bites the dust in NC; Cutting emissions will save more money than it costs; PLUS: Fighting drought with a 'salmon cannon'. Yep --- a salmon cannon ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADCAST! Faking the Ferguson Docs: KPFK 'BradCast' Brad interviews open records advocate Charlie Grapski on his evidence that Ferguson and St. Louis County police are illegally withholding evidence in the killing of Michael Brown; Plus MUCH more...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Obama Orders Review of Police Militarization Program In response to bi-partisan calls for reform and disturbing display by militarized local police in Ferguson, MO, the President takes aim at controversial Pentagon program...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Siegelman Judge, Arrested For Beating His Wife, May Avoid Prosecution Altogether U.S. District Judge Mark Fuller checks in for 'treatment', may be able to duck prosecution...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Our Story So Far: The WI GOP Photo ID Voting Restrictions Trouble keeping up with all the court cases barring, then allowing, then barring the GOP's Photo ID voting restrictions in Wisconsin? Let us catch you up quickly with the latest...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Erick Erickson's Global Warming Denialist Tantrum Latest barometer of denialist desperation: The rightwing 'thought leader', as usual, is wrong on the facts and science, so he's just taking his ball and going home...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Records Requests Suggest Ferguson, St. Louis County Police Involved in Cover-Up How else to explain the missing details and required documentation of Officer Darren Wilson's killing of Michael Brown?...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment 28 August 2014 PBC News & Comment: US Corporate Media Hypes Fear of IS, Stokes War Fever US media promotes fear of IS jihadi fighters bringing terror to our shores and exaggerates threat to US interests abroad……
• PBC News & Comment 29 August 2014 PBC News & Comment: As War-torn Summer Winds Down, More Wars on the Horizon Eddy Grant’s “War Party” opens the show, as Obama’s mixed message draws hoots from hawks, denial from Putin on Ukraine…
• PBC Standard Podcast August 20, 2014 NYU Prof. Mark Crispin Miller Introduces “The Forbidden Bookshelf” Free Preview Clip Activist, author, professor and book lover Mark Crispin Miller returns to invite you to connect with important books on his new Forbidden Bookshelf.
• PBC Standard Podcast August 25, 2014 Iraq Expert Dahr Jamail Expects Drawn-Out Struggle for Iraq, Syria Dahr Jamail, now a staff reporter at Truthout, covered the invasion and occupation of Iraq and now believes the US is the biggest obstacle to ending the wars in Iraq and Syria.
• PBC Standard Podcast August 29, 2014 As Crucial Vote Nears on Amendment to Fix Campaign Funding, Law Professor Tim Kuhner and Public Citizen’s Jonah Minkoff Zern Urge Action On September 8, the Senate is scheduled to vote on a resolution for a constitutional amendment on campaign finance. We talk with author and law professor Tim Kuhner, and Jonah Minkoff Zern of Public Citizen….
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! August 30, 2014 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• Guests TBA
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Sundays at NOON!
»» Howard Nations will explain how local police offices got their hands on military grade equipment, and why they think they need it.
»» Ruth Conniff, editor of The Progressive Magazine, will tell us why the FBI is investigating charter schools, and how fraud is the standard operating procedure at these institutions.
»» David TeSelle will tell us why some of Obama’s top former advisors are now working as union busters.
»» Best Selling author Thomas Frank will tell us why Obama has let Republicans shape his legacy.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on August 9, 2014 by Ring of Fire - Ring of Fire’s top stories from the past week.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on August 8, 2014 by Ring of Fire
• Charles Koch Reminds Us That He Hates the Poor Posted on August 8, 2014 by Joshua Schwitzerlett
• VIDEO! Classic Dave Chappelle Clip Nails Police Brutality Perfectly
• John Oliver Covers Ferguson and He Nails It
• Ferguson Shooter Racist History Goes Back Farther than Michael Brown
• Michael Brown Paid, Full Footage Shows The Ferguson PD, following the killing of Michael Brown by officer Darren Wilson, released information that Brown was a suspect in a convenience store robbery that took place just before the encounter with the officer. There’s a problem with that story though, which was obviously just an attempt to demonize Brown in the public’s opinion; Michael Brown appears to have paid for the cigars he was suspected of having stolen............
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• NOTE: Off Monday for Labor Day
• MONDAY 8/25/14 Catherine Ruetschlin: Markets Don't Stop Racism & D. Brian Burghart: Fatal Encounters
• TUESDAY 8/26/14 William Lazonick: Profits Without Prosperity
• WEDNESDAY 8/27/14 Dana Goldstein: The Teacher Wars
• THURSDAY 8/28/14 Patrick Cockburn: Isis Consolidates & the Collapse of the Middle East?
• FRIDAY 8/29/14 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Film Guy Matthew Weiss
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• BO POLNY: The Secret 21 Year Gold Cycle That Leads to World Commodity Bull Market Breakouts in 2014 by The Doc— Get Ready for a Fall 2014 World Commodity Bull Market Breakout! Cycle analysis indicates the third and final 7-year tidal wave of the 21 year Grand Tsunami Gold Bull Market cycle began this past July 2014; Gold has been consolidating in the 7th year of sabbatical rest within a Symmetric Triangle and one final push lower is still possible before a breakout arrives this fall 2014 that lead to World Commodity Bull Market Breakouts! There remains a very probable possibility of a commodity inflationary price spike and should this inflationary spike occur, Gold would easily achieve $2000 by year end. If no inflationary spike arrives in 2014 (as cycle analysis favors it will occur) expect Gold to still close the year closer to $2000 than $1300. The 7-year Gold cycle dictates a THIRD Gold Bull Market breakout comes this fall 2014 and runs for the next 7-years into the year 2020-2021! This THIRD and final Bull Market cycle will be nothing like the prior two 7-year cycles. Do not expect either of the 2 prior 7-year cycle tops to match the THIRD. In the end, the THIRD cycle will once again add up to 7-years and all 3 cycles will add up to one grand 21-year tsunami as Gold hits $10,000+! Click here for more from Bo Polny on the 21 year super cycle & the coming 2014 gold breakout.........
• A “Ring of Steel” – The UK Spends $80 Million on a Massive Fence to Protect Politicians Ahead of NATO Summit by Michael Krieger —
Although the latest threat level rates the risk of an attack on the UK to “highly likely,” Home Secretary Theresa May stated that “there was no evidence to suggest one was imminent.” Well then. It makes you wonder if the the change in threat level is being used in part to justify the extraordinary $80 million sum spent on building a fortress around the Newport and Cardiff city centers in Wales, which many are describing as “similar to the Berlin Wall,” or a “zoo,” in an unprecedented display of protection for many of the world’s most corrupt politicians. Read more here.
• VIDEO! You can’t corrupt math where as you can corrupt JPMorgan by Stacy Herbert
• Is There Capitalism After Cronyism? by Charles Hugh Smith — The more the Status Quo pursues the same old Keynesian Cargo Cult script of central planning and free money for financiers, the more self-liquidating the system becomes. Judging by the mainstream media, the most pressing problems facing capitalism are:
- 1) income inequality, the basis of Thomas Piketty’s bestseller Capital in the Twenty-First Century, and
- 2) the failure of laissez-faire markets to regulate their excesses, a common critique encapsulated by Paul Craig Roberts’ recent book The Failure of Laissez Faire Capitalism.
- 1) income inequality, the basis of Thomas Piketty’s bestseller Capital in the Twenty-First Century, and
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday New show hours effective 5/26/2014 @ 12-3 PM Eastern! HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt - http://kpfk.org), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream....... New show hours effective 5/26/2014: 12-3 PM Eastern!
• 08/26/14 M.J. Rosenberg: M.J. Rosenberg, former Senior Foreign Policy Fellow at Media Matters Action Network, discusses AIPAC’s loss of support from American Jews, even while it maintains a choke-hold on Congress.
• 08/26/14 Dahr Jamail:Dahr Jamail, an investigative journalist and author, discusses the incomprehensible 180 degree turn in US foreign policy as Obama talks of a new Iraq War that could easily spread into Syria – this time on the side of the Assad government.
• 08/27/14 Jonathan Landay: Jonathan Landay, a national security and intelligence reporter for McClatchy Newspapers, discusses the top US government officials who are ginning up a war with ISIS in Iraq and Syria.
• 08/28/14 Jason Ditz: Jason Ditz, editor for Antiwar.com, cuts through the media spin to bring the latest news on the Ukraine crisis.
• 08/28/14 Philip Giraldi: Former CIA officer Philip Giraldi discusses the US government’s attempt to squash a lawsuit against the non-profit group United Against Nuclear Iran, funded by billionaire Thomas Kaplan, which is vigorously trying to torpedo a deal on Iran’s nuclear program.
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee Mike Rogers (R-MI)
• Mark Mellman, President and CEO of The Mellman Group
• Bill McInturff, Partner and Co-Founder of Public Opinion Strategies
• former Michigan Governor John Engler, president of the Business Roundtable
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml