Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Dyngus Day Special! The first-ever Live From Cleveland remote broadcast "Live from Cleveland Presents: Live from Lakewood!" was a smash! A great time was had by all and the bands were excellent! Feel Free to download and listen to the entire broadcast (only available through this Thursday at 8 pm when this week's shows will overwrite them).
2015 Dyngus Day Celebration on Monday April 6th beginning at 5 pm et with Dr. Polka and Andrew The Mailman (ATM) from Polka Changed My Life Today. However it seems there is an issue with our host Happy Dog's internet connection (and it may be neighborhood-wide). We're trying to secure another nearby internet feed on a different carrier while AT&T tries to figure it out so stay tuned! AND we also have scheduled another live broadcast of Oberlin Contemporary Music Ensemble on Saturday April 11th about 2 pm et. Both will be available on the 128K WRUW Live Stream! THEN on Monday April 13th WRUW begins their week-long once-a-year Telethon! Donations are accepted at our website WRUW.org and by calling 216.368.2208 all week 24-7! Operators will be standing by! If you find some sofa change to donate please specify "Live From Cleveland" for your donation. We have a unique limited-edition "Live From Cleveland - Volume 1" compilation of 16 cuts of 16 different bands who have graced the stage of LFC's Studio A over the last year as a "premium" gift for a donation of $25, only available during the 2015 WRUW Telethon! Get yers next week during our telethon! Thanks in advance for supporting Live From Cleveland and WRUW-FM 91.1! For those not familiar with the ethnic makeup of CLE OH we have a multitude of eastern European immigrant populations, including many folk who planted here after WWII, many from Croatia, Serbia, Poland, Czech, Slovakia, Slovenia, Austria, Hungary, Germany and more. And they brought their traditional music with them: POLKAS! We go to ClevelandDyngus.com for this brief history: Dyngus Day, or Wet Monday (Polish Śmigus-Dingus or lany poniedziałek) is the name for Easter Monday. Historically a Polish tradition, Dyngus Day celebrates the end of the observance of Lent and the joy of Easter. Over the decades, Dyngus Day has become a wonderful holiday to celebrate Polish-American culture, heritage and traditions. In Cleveland specifically, our goal is to not only make this a Polish Cultural festival, we also want to celebrate our Polka Heritage as well as the other Eastern European cultures still thriving in Cleveland. 2015 marks the festival's 5th year anniversary here in Cleveland. And more detailed info is at wiki's Easter Monday entry: Śmigus-Dyngus (Polish Dyngus or lany poniedziałek, meaning Wet Monday) is the name for Easter Monday in Poland and the diaspora. In the Czech Republic it is called velikonoční pondělí. In Slovakia veľkonočný pondelok, also called Šibačka/Polievačka or Oblievačka. In Hungary Locsolkodás. All countries practice a unique custom on this day. In Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic traditionally, early in the morning boys awake girls by pouring a bucket of water on their head and striking them about the legs with long thin twigs or switches made from willow, birch or decorated tree branches. Another related custom, unique to Poland, is that of sprinkling bowls (garce) of ashes on people (starts men on women) or houses, celebrated a few weeks earlier at the "półpoście." This custom is almost forgotten, but still practiced in the area around the borders of Mazuria and Masovia. In Germany, people go out into the fields early in the morning and hold Easter egg races. For Roman Catholics, Easter Monday is also a Holy Day of Obligation in Germany. We can only guess it's called Wet Monday for all the beer consumed on Dyngus Day! Haha! All while dancing to accordion polkas and chowing down pierogi, kielbasa and paczki! Yum! Na Zdrowie everybody! We've posted the guest lists for this week's Sunday Funnies for your brick-throwing enjoyment below! And be sure to visit all our regulars!
- Democracy NOW! @ democracynow.org
- GritTV with Laura Flanders! @ grittv.org
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid! @ HeadOnRadioNetwork.com
- The Green News Report! @ greennews.bradblog.com with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST! @ PeterBCollins.com
- Majority Report with Sam Seder! @ Majority.FM
- Ring of Fire Radio with Sam, Bobby & Pap! @ ringoffireradio.com
- The Keiser Report! @ MaxKeiser.com! With Stacy Herbert!
- The Scott Horton Show! @ scotthorton.org
DOT - DEEJAY - DASH
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
Meet ABC News' Newest Contributor, Laura Ingraham 10 Moments That Illustrate The Right-Wing Radio Host's Fringe Viewpoints And Disdain For Civil Discourse - Ingraham has repeatedly engaged in inflammatory and hateful rhetoric, lobbing numerous attacks against everyone from President Obama to people who receive government assistance to her favorite target, immigrants. Here are 10 hateful moments from Ingraham in the past year...
• Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
• California Gov. Jerry Brown (D)
• Philadelphia Archbishop Charles Chaput
• Major League Baseball commissioner emeritus Bud Selig and ESPN’s Keith Olbermann.
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News contributor and Democratic strategist Donna Brazile, ABC News political analyst Matthew Dowd, ABC News Chief White House correspondent Jonathan Karl, and Associated Press Chief White House correspondent Julie Pace.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Opening of the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate with Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.), former Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.) and former Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-Maine)
• U.S. Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz
• Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.
• Former Senator and presidential hopeful Rick Santorum
• Sarah Warbelow, Legal Director for the Human Rights Campaign, the largest LGBT civil rights activist organization in the country
• IRAN ROUNDTABLE: CBS News State Department Correspondent Margaret Brennan, who just returned from Lausanne, Switzerland, where the talks took place along with David Sanger of the New York Times and David Ignatius of the Washington Post.
• ROUNDTABLE: Ruth Marcus of the Washington Post and Jeffrey Goldberg of the Atlantic.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• CBS' '60 Minutes' admits to faking Tesla car noise
• Coming Up Sunday, April 5 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• Homeland Security
• The Good Friday Agreement
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host Chuck Todd
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture 07/15/12 — NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
All legal notices should be sent by mail to the editor-in-chief NBCNews.com, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052
• Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
• Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn.
• Gov. Bobby Jindal, R-La
• Rob Manfred, baseball's commissioner
• Cardinal Timothy Dolan of New York
• ROUNDTABLE: tba
- State of the Union (CNN) CNN Correspondent Jim Acosta hosts Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
• Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), vice chair of the Intelligence Committee on the historic nuclear deal with Iran
• Is the NCAA failing student athletes?
• A conversation with four religious faith leaders
• Sen Bob Corker (R-TN), Chairman of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations.
• Cardinal Donald Wuerl, archbishop of Washington
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml