Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best progressive media!
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Watch out America! Head of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano gets the front-n-center treatment to discuss the "firecrackers-in-a-pillowcase" (FIAP) bomber on This George, Meet the David and State of the King! Look for Janet to try to connect the FIAP Bomber to Al Qaeiouda, Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen, Palestine, Nigeria, Global Warming, Poverty, Unemployment and the Global Banking Crisis! It was ALL THIS ONE GUY's fault! Pretty soon you'll be seeing (most likely unconstitutional) more 'whole body imaging' machines at an airport near you! What's next? Nude Flying? Be afraid, comrades, be VERY afraid! Throw bricks at MITCH MCCONNELL on This George and NEWT 'Contract ON America" GINGRICH on Meet the David. BOB GIBBS shares the WH Limo ride with Janet to This George and Meet the David and takes a cab to Face the Bob. For a real treat check out CHRIS VAN HOLLEN (DCCC) & BOB MENENDEZ (DSCC) on Faux News trying to fend off questions on how this new health insurance reform measure will help get them bunches of donations from true-blue Democrats for the 2010 midterms! This ought to be rich! Meanwhile there's more interesting fair at the BTV Alerts and our regular contributors. Read-watch-listen about the New Year's Eve Gaza Freedom March on Democracy NOW and Peter B Collins, plus some good interviews at AntiWar Radio. No listing for Ring of Fire Radio so it may be a holiday "best of" show and Laura Flanders has some Year's Best/Worst shows. Don't miss Max Keiser’s "Business Guide to 2010" LIVE BROADCAST on New Year's Eve! GLENN GREENWALD puts his finger on reports the recent "top terrorists" U.S. drones "may have killed" in past weeks and months: "Each time the U.S. bombs a new location in the Muslim world, the same pattern emerges. First, officials from the U.S. or allied governments run to their favorite media outlet to claim -- anonymously -- that some big, bad, notorious, "top" Al Qaeda leader "may have been" or "likely was" killed in the strike, and this constitutes a "stinging" or "devastating" blow against the Terrorist group. These compliant media outlets then sensationalistically trumpet that claim as the dominant theme of their "reporting" on the attack, drowning out every other issue. ~ Yet over and over and over, it turns out that these anonymous government assertions -- trumpeted by our mindless media -- are completely false." (salon.com) GREENWALD asserts further, "Just like the "we killed 30 extremists" claim or the "we got Al Qaeda's Number 3" boast, this is propaganda in its purest form, disseminated jointly by the U.S. Government and American media, and it happens over and over, compelling a rational person to conclude that it's clearly intentional by both parties." ~ "It's painfully obvious that these assertions are made to overwhelm, distort and suppress any discussions of the actual effects of the attack -- who the strike really killed, whether it was justified, legal or wise, whether we should continue to drop bombs in more and more Muslim countries. ~ The whole process is blatantly designed not to convey what happened, but to obscure what happened and to prevent any discussion of its consequences." Watch exactly this in action on Sunday regarding the latest terrorist the FIAP Bomber. We hope you're enjoying your holidays. The Brick TeeVee Crew only asked Santa for one thing: BEER. And they got plenty! So they're messing up the kitchen making munchies to watch Bowl-O-Rama the rest of the week, including the Big One: The Rose Bowl featuring THE Ohio State against Oregon! Go Buckeyes! See you next year!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» James Hansen @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Leading Climate Scientist James Hansen on Why He’s Pleased the Copenhagen Summit Failed, “Cap and Fade,” Climategate and More
»»» "Revolving Door" of Congress @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Study Reveals “Revolving Door” Between Capitol Hill Staffers and Healthcare Lobbyists
»»» Gaza Freedom March @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Gaza Freedom March Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Israeli Assault
»»» WEB EXCLUSIVE! Noam Chomsky @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOAM CHOMSKY: "The Unipolar Moment and the Culture of Imperialism"
»»» Year in Review: Frank Schaeffer: Fears of Fundamentalism @ GRITtv Laura spoke to Frank Schaeffer, son of Francis Schaeffer, one of the important figures in the anti-choice and religious right movements in the United States, introduced to many via Max Blumenthal’s book Republican Gomorrah and in his GRITtv appearance. WATCH Year in Review: Frank Schaeffer: Fears of Fundamentalism
»»» 2009: End of an Error? @ GRITtv It's the end of 2009. We're still in two wars, Guantanamo is not yet closed, and the jobless numbers are still sky-high. What happened to all the optimism we started the year with? There have been bright spots and not-so-bright spots, nasty political fights and moments of progress. WATCH 2009: End of an Error? Looking Back at the Year That Was
»»» Football Night in America on NBC Week 16: Cowboys @ Redskins. Coverage begins at 8 pm et
»»» NBA New Year's Eve on TNT Heat @ Spurs (7 p.m. ET) then 76ers @ Clippers (9:30 pm ET)
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!
"I Want To Sign Up For Medicare Too!!" Fax Action Page If you could sign up for Medicare right now would you do it? To President Obama & Congress:
- Last week the Senate floated the idea of making it possible for
people 55-64 to buy in to Medicare. The original proposal was just
another fake health care reform scam, to try to offload those with
the most medical needs from for-profit insurance company obligations.
The problem for them is that everyone LIKED the idea so much, that it
gave people an actual glimmer of hope that real change might happen,
and they have tried to deep six the idea as fast as possible, before
the Congressional Budget Office even has a chance to score it.
But not so fast. Tell your members of Congress that YOU want to sign
up for Medicare NOW! You aren't really signing up for Medicare by
submitting the form of course. But it will send your instant fax to
them, and President Obama at the White House too. All we need is for
people to declare that is what they want, that we will accept nothing
less, and it HAS to happen.
PEACE TEAM Fax Action Page! GO NOW!
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION II!
MobilizeForHealthCare.org From Bruce Dixon - Editor, Black Agenda Report: If Democrats Don't Pass Health Insurance Reform This Year, What Do We Lose? And What Do We Gain? Medicare For All, single payer will enable the working poor to make a stand where they are, and lift themselves out of poverty by organizing for and demanding a greater share of the wealth they produce every day. By removing the dread of financial ruin due to illness or injury, single payer will enable working people to fight for their own collective economic uplift. That's why the struggle for guaranteed and universal single payer, Medicare For All is the real deal right now, the key to unlocking a better life for millions in the near future, a concrete focus of the civil and human rights movements of our time. It's time to mobilize for Medicare For All, now. Go to www.mobilizeforhealthcare.org and take your future, your family's future into your hands. Donate to provide legal assistance and bail money and other expenses. Volunteer to be present at a legal demonstration, or to put your body on the line in a nonviolent demonstration for health care now at the offices of an insurance company near you.MobilizeForHealCare.org SIGN UP NOW!
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,371 Military Dead as of Dec 18, 2009
AFGHANISTAN: 939 Military Dead as of Dec 18, 2009
Support iCasualties.org DONATE NOW VIA PAYPAL
2,401 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano
• Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell. R-Ky
• White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs
• ROUNDTABLE: Former Bush-Cheney adviser Matthew Dowd, Washington Post columnist Ruth Marcus, and New York Times columnists Paul Krugman and David Brooks.
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• Robert Gibbs, White House Press Secretary (left)
• Rep. James Clyburn, D-S.C.
• Rep. Peter King , R-N.Y.
• Armen Keteyian, CBS News Chief Investigative Correspondent
• Juan Zarate, CBS News National Security Analyst
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Running Dry - A three-year drought in California is bringing a decades-long fight over water to a head, forcing tough choices. Lesley Stahl reports.
• Out of the Shadows - Henry Crumpton, the ex-CIA operative who secretly ran the war against terror in Afghanistan after 9/11 describes using local might to oust al Qaeda and their Taliban hosts - a strategy he says is needed in Pakistan now, where terrorist leaders are hiding. Lara Logan reports.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano
• White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs
• ROUNDTABLE: NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Fmr. House Speaker Newt Gingrich, Gov. Deval Patrick (D-MA), and NBC News' Andrea Mitchell.
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano
• Pentagon Correspondent Barbara Starr
• CNN National Security Analyst Peter Bergen
• Senior White House Correspondent Ed Henry
• Governor Ed Rendell, D-Pennsylvania
• Governor Mitch Daniels, R-Indiana
• Hour 2 - Howard Kurtz & "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union"
• Hour 3 'Sound of Sunday' segment - soundbites from all the other shows that we can blow up REAL BIG with our guests and more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- WEDNESDAY PRAYER MEETIN' with Reverend Bob Kincaid! Can I get an "AMEN"?
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. Bob’s Show Topics: To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877)443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
TODAY'S MEETIN' : Wednesday, December 23rd, 2009 Faith Healin' in Health Care Reform! (mp3) Amen for the mp3! Praise to White Rose Society for the podcasts! AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
- NEW! The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast.Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #78 Published on 15 December 2009 by admin in Podcast Info -- Activists Ali Glenesk and Rae Abileah talk about the unauthorized Gaza Freedom March set for 12/31/09; Prof. Lawrence Davidson of West Chester University comments on US policy in the Middle East. Glenesk is a student at UC Berkeley who has been to Gaza twice, and Abileah is with Code Pink for Peace who has also been there. They return with an international group of more than 1,000 to challenge the Israeli blockade, participate in a peace march in Gaza on New Year’s Eve, and remind the world of Israel’s devastating attacks on Gaza last year at this time. More info at www.gazafreedommarch.org.
• Info on Podcast #79 Published on 22 Dec 2009 by admin in Podcast Info -- Author John Perkins on Hoodwinked and Sam Ferguson in Buenos Aires. Perkins wrote the best seller Confessions of an Economic Hitmanand his new book blames unregulated capitalism and corporate greed for the 2008 global meltdown. Perkins has some good ideas for reining in corporate power while addressing climate change and other environmental issues. Ferguson, Thruthout.org’s correspondent in South America, updates his coverage of the war crimes trials in Argentina, where two of the defendants are the “Blond Angel” and “Tigre”–pseudonyms for soldiers who carried out torture and disappearances in the 1970’s. Ferguson also offers some parallel’s to Obama’s “administrative amnesty” for Bush-era war crimes by the US.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio
• NO GUEST LIST POSTED
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• [OTE33] On the Edge with Max Keiser – 25 December 2009Stacy Summary: Guest is Gail Tverberg who writes as Gail The Actuary on The Oil Drum.
• Goldman’s body count is criminal Stacy Summary: As we have said in our radio shows, Goldman basically took out an insurance policy on the US economy and her consumer/citizens and then had every incentive to burn the whole thing down to collect on the insurance money. READ Body count from Goldman actions crosses into criminal territory @ NakedCapitalism.com
• The Keiser’s Business Guide to 2010 . . . Only Five More Days! Stacy Summary: The BBC have updated the page, so I thought it was a good excuse to remind you to set your alarms for 8pm, December 31st. You can listen live online (just click the appropriate button the page below). And those in the UK can download it via iPlayer. See The Keiser’s Business Guide to 2010 @ BBC
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Michael Anthony (mp3) 14:10 Dec 24 2009. Michael Anthony, author of Mass Casualties: A Young Medic’s True Story of Death, Deception, and Dishonor in Iraq, discusses the military’s neglect of suicidal soldiers, officers more interested in self-promotion than doing their jobs, veterans’ struggles with family life and homelessness and how the process of becoming a man in the military sometimes involves refusing orders.
• Scott Horton interviews Michael Prysner and James Circello (mp3) 30:09 Dec 20 2009. Michael Prysner and James Circello, staff members of March Forward!, an antiwar organization for active duty soldiers and veterans, discuss the bigotry ingrained in military culture that dehumanizes the enemy du jour, the class struggle between enlisted soldiers and officers, the intentional “draw fire” missions that boost an officer’s career while endangering troops, double-dipping retired generals who get paid to propagandize for more war, the continued deployment of soldiers with PTSD and the Pentagon’s fear of a mass GI desertion.
• Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD), Chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and Assistant to the Speaker
• Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ), Chairman of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
• Sen. Arlen Specter (D-PA), Senate Appropriations Committee
• Sen. Richard Shelby (R-AL), Ranking Member of the Senate Banking Committee
• Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC), Senate Banking Committee
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!