Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best progressive media!
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Much has happened in the previous few weeks since we've posted: Afghanistan "surge" of 30,000+ more U.S. troops by the 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate, more banks being taken over by the FDIC, more foreclosures, a fraudulent election in Honduras, a health "reform" bill that discriminates against women (the Stupak-Nelson amendments), gold over $1,100/oz., climbing unemployment and wage deflation, and most recently the two-week long Untied Nations Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen, Denmark where the Global South shook their collective fists demanding the Global North stop hammering them with war, pollution, poverty, disease and debt while the Global North ceded NOTHING. Digging deeper into the TARP give-away Matt Taibi notes in "Obama's Big Sell-Out" @ Rolling Stone "It is bad enough that one of Bob Rubin's former protégés from the Clinton years, the New York Fed chief Geithner, is intimately involved in the negotiations, which unsurprisingly leave the Federal Reserve massively exposed to future Citi losses. But the real stunner comes only hours after the bailout deal is struck, when the Obama transition team makes a cheerful announcement: Timothy Geithner is going to be Barack Obama's Treasury secretary! Geithner, in other words, is hired to head the U.S. Treasury by an executive from Citigroup — Michael Froman — before the ink is even dry on a massive government giveaway to Citigroup that Geithner himself was instrumental in delivering." Change you can believe in, eh? Yes the economy is rolling! Regulators closes banks in Fla., Ariz., Kans., bringing total US failures to 133 this year at StarTribune.com: "Last week saw the failure of Ohio's AmTrust Bank, the fourth-largest bank to fail this year, with about $12 billion in assets and $8 billion in deposits. The Cleveland-based bank's failure is expected to cost the federal deposit insurance fund an estimated $2 billion. ~ The 133 bank failures are the most in a year since 1992 at the height of the savings-and-loan crisis. They have cost the federal deposit insurance fund more than $28 billion so far this year. They compare with 25 last year and three in 2007. The FDIC expects the cost of bank failures to grow to about $100 billion over the next four years." Nice. Moving along to Sunday Funnies it's the Attack of the Senators! On This George it's DICK DURBIN and JON KYL. Face the Bob features ALEXANDER, SNOWE, LANDRIEU and BROWN while Fake News Sunday goes with MCCAIN, CONRAD and KLOBUCHAR. Of course the WH Limo goes to DAVID AXELROD on Meet the David, This George and State of The King, which features NYC Mayor BLOOMBERG and THE GOVERNATOR. Throw bricks at CARVILLE & MATALIN while yer at it! Checking in with our regulars listen to the PBC show's latest few installments featuring Project Censored 2010 plus interviews at AntiWar Radio with GLENN GREENWALD and JIM HIGHTOWER on Ring of Fire Radio. Do check out BTV Alerts for extended Climate Change Conference coverage. The Brick TeeVee Crew has been busy with a house rehab and we have a new tenant! YAY! We wish you a great Solstice Celebration and Happy Holidays! Make sure you give a hug to all those who matter to you. As Linus Van Pelt reminds us every year "Peace on Earth and Goodwill" toward mankind. We'll need it!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
Editor's Note: Democracy NOW! has been broadcasting all week from the Bella Center in Copenhagen covering the World Climate Conference. Please visit DemocracyNow.org for much more coverage. And donate if you can.
»»» Canada Tar Sands Protest @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Indigenous Peoples of Canada March on Canadian Embassy in Copenhagen to Protest Tar Sands
»»» Sunita Narain @ Democracy NOW! WATCH “If Bush Was in Kindergarten, Obama Is in First Grade”– Indian Environmentalist Sunita Narain on US Climate Policy
»»» Joshua Kahn Russell @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Police Pepper Spray, Arrest Protesters Marching on UN Climate Summit as Hundreds Inside Stage Walkout
»»» Bolivian President Evo Morales @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Bolivian President Evo Morales on Climate Debt, Capitalism, Why He Wants a Tribunal for Climate Justice and Much More
»»» Naomi Klein @ Democracy NOW! WATCH “A Naked Form of Blackmail”: Naomi Klein on Secretary of State Clinton’s Proposal to Set Up $100 Billion Climate Aid Fund for Developing Countries
»»» Lumumba Stanislaus Di-Aping @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Chief G-77 Negotiator Lumumba Stanislaus Di-Aping: US-Backed Proposals Mean Death for Millions of Africans
»»» WEB EXCLUSIVE! Noam Chomsky @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOAM CHOMSKY: "The Unipolar Moment and the Culture of Imperialism"
»»» Week in Review @ GRITtv Are we just returning to pre-recession levels, or something better–or worse? Nicole Gelinas, fellow at the Manhattan Institute and author of After the Fall: Saving Capitalism from Wall Street and Washington and Max Fraad Wolff of the New School join us to talk about regulation, government and private industry, and where to go from here. WATCH Week in Review: Fixing Capitalism
»»» Honduras Effect @ GRITtv But will the coup in Honduras create larger problems for Latin America? What will its effects mean for the rest of Latin America, a region trending leftward in recent years? Greg Grandin, Nation contributor, NYU professor, and author of Empire’s Workshop and Fordlandia,Roque Planas of Latin American News Dispatch, and Sujatha Fernandes, Queens College professor and author of Cuba Represent! and the upcoming Who Can Stop The Drums: Urban Social Movements in Chavez’s Venezuelajoin us in studio to discuss. We also have updates from inside Honduras from Andres Conteris of Nonviolence International and Democracy Now! and freelance journalist Elyssa Pachico reports from Chile. WATCH Week in Review: Honduras Coup
»»» Football Night in America on NBC Week 15: Minnesota at Carolina. Coverage begins at 8 pm et
»»» NBA on Christmas Day on ABC Celtics @ Magic (2:30 p.m. ET) then Cavs @ Lakers (5 pm ET)
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!
"I Want To Sign Up For Medicare Too!!" Fax Action Page (h/t jen) If you could sign up for Medicare right now would you do it? To President Obama & Congress:
- Last week the Senate floated the idea of making it possible for
people 55-64 to buy in to Medicare. The original proposal was just
another fake health care reform scam, to try to offload those with
the most medical needs from for-profit insurance company obligations.
The problem for them is that everyone LIKED the idea so much, that it
gave people an actual glimmer of hope that real change might happen,
and they have tried to deep six the idea as fast as possible, before
the Congressional Budget Office even has a chance to score it.
But not so fast. Tell your members of Congress that YOU want to sign
up for Medicare NOW! You aren't really signing up for Medicare by
submitting the form of course. But it will send your instant fax to
them, and President Obama at the White House too. All we need is for
people to declare that is what they want, that we will accept nothing
less, and it HAS to happen.
PEACE TEAM Fax Action Page! GO NOW!
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION II!
MobilizeForHealthCare.org From Bruce Dixon - Editor, Black Agenda Report: If Democrats Don't Pass Health Insurance Reform This Year, What Do We Lose? And What Do We Gain? Medicare For All, single payer will enable the working poor to make a stand where they are, and lift themselves out of poverty by organizing for and demanding a greater share of the wealth they produce every day. By removing the dread of financial ruin due to illness or injury, single payer will enable working people to fight for their own collective economic uplift. That's why the struggle for guaranteed and universal single payer, Medicare For All is the real deal right now, the key to unlocking a better life for millions in the near future, a concrete focus of the civil and human rights movements of our time. It's time to mobilize for Medicare For All, now. Go to www.mobilizeforhealthcare.org and take your future, your family's future into your hands. Donate to provide legal assistance and bail money and other expenses. Volunteer to be present at a legal demonstration, or to put your body on the line in a nonviolent demonstration for health care now at the offices of an insurance company near you.MobilizeForHealCare.org SIGN UP NOW!
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,371 Military Dead as of Dec 18, 2009
AFGHANISTAN: 936 Military Dead as of Dec 18, 2009
Support iCasualties.org DONATE NOW VIA PAYPAL
2,394 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• White House Senior Adviser David Axelrod
• Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin
• Minority Whip Jon Kyl
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Cokie Roberts, Sam Donaldson and Donna Brazile
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• Senator Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
• Senator Olympia Snowe (R-ME)
• Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA)
• Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH).
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• THE LONG RECESSION - Scott Pelley returns to Wilmington, Ohio, to see how residents are coping a year after thousands of them lost their jobs when the town's largest employer shut down. Solly Granatstein and Nicole Young are the producers.
• THE PATRIARCH - Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew, the leader of the 300 million-member Orthodox Christian Church, feels "crucified" living in Turkey under a government he says would like to see his nearly 2,000-year-old Patriarchate die out. Bob Simon reports. Harry Radliffe is the producer
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• White House Senior Adviser David Axelrod
• former DNC Chair and Vermont Governor, Howard Dean
• ROUNDTABLE: msnbc's Joe Scarborough; Daily Kos' Markos Moulitsas; Fmr. RNC Chair Ed Gillespie; and PBS's Tavis Smiley.
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• White House Senior Adviser David Axelrod
• Senator Lindsey Graham, R-South Carolina
• Mayor Michael Bloomberg, I-New York
• Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, R-California
• strategists James Carville and Mary Matalin
•Andy Stern, President of the Service Employees International Union, gets 'The Last Word'.
• Hour 2 - Howard Kurtz & "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union"
• Hour 3 'Sound of Sunday' segment - soundbites from all the other shows that we can blow up REAL BIG with our guests and more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- WEDNESDAY PRAYER MEETIN' with Reverend Bob Kincaid! Can I get an "AMEN"?
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. Bob’s Show Topics: To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877)443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
TODAY'S MEETIN' : Wednesday, December 9th, 2009 Traditional Family Values (mp3) Amen for the mp3! Praise to White Rose Society for the podcasts! AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
- NEW! The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast.Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #72 Published on 02 December 2009 by admin in Podcast Info -- Journalists Reese Erlich and Robert Parry on Obama’s escalation in Afghanistan; Michael Blecker of Swords to Plowshares projects the human costs to the new US troops deployed; Gary Chew reviews the new film “The Road”. Erlich is the author of Target Iraq and The Iran Agenda and was in Afghanistan with Norman Solomon in September (podcasts 36 and 41).
• Info on Podcast #74 Published on 07 Dec 2009 by admin in Podcast Info --Top 25 Censored News Stories. Peter Phillips and Mickey Huff, co-editors of Project Censored 2010 which reviews important news reports that were blacked out or under-reported by US media. They make a strong case for a “truth emergency” in our country, as downsized corporate TV and newspaper outlets continue to decline, presenting more tabloid distractions while ignoring important news. We touch on all 25 stories, so feel free to listen to this podcast in segments.
• Info on Podcast #75 Published on 07 Dec 2009 by admin in Podcast Info --Journalist Kristina Borjesson takes us inside the media, including CBS News and HD Net. This is the latest installment in the Boiling Frogs interview series, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds. Borjesson relates her experiences and provides analysis of the current state of investigative and enterprise journalism in the US. She discusses the drastic decline in true investigative journalism, the role of the internet and the globalization of reporting, and the clashing of the two cultures: traditional media & independent reporters.
• Info on Podcast #77 Published on 14 Dec 2009 by admin in Podcast Info --Nomi Prins talks about her book It Takes a Pillage and the failure to solve the financial crisis. Mark Lysgaard reads some poems from his book Babbling On In Babylon. Prins, a former managing director at Goldman Sachs, reveals the total amount of cash and credit extended to banks and financial institutions is over $13 Trillion! She explains the culture, chemistry and politics of the industry, and names names. We talk about the myth of the “success” of TARP and Barney Frank’s re-regulation proposals. Prins says the real fix is to reinstate the Glass-Steagall act. Lysgaard takes the news of the day and writes incisive poems.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio
• This week on Ring of Fire, America’s favorite populist, Jim Hightower will be here to tell us why Obama’s decision to escalate the war in Afghanistan is leaving a bad taste in the mouths of progressives.
•We’ll also be talking with author Ian Mitroff about how the government is trying to solve the wrong problems with our healthcare system.
• Comedian Matt Filipowicz will fill us in on all of the crazy antics of the GOP that happened over the last week.
• We’ll also be talking with Robert Weissman, the president of Public Citizen, about how the banking industry is filling up the campaign coffers of the Congressmen who are trying to reign in their industry.
• And investigative journalist Lizzy Ratner will be here to tell us how the young generation of Americans are feeling the effects of this recession much more severely than the rest of us.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• [OTE32] On the Edge with Max Keiser . . . and Edward HarrisonStacy Summary: On the Edge.
• Ron Paul on Bernanke, Afghanistan, Gold and Why ‘They’ Hate Us Stacy Summary:Tip o’ the hat to @Danny!
• [KR05] The Keiser Report – with Charles Goyette Stacy Summary: The Keiser Report, episode 5 with Charles Goyette.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Glenn Greenwald (mp3) 42:25 Dec 18 2009. Glenn Greenwald, former constitutional lawyer and current Salon.com blogger, discusses the media driven myth of a truly oppositional US political system, hypocritical progressive support for the same Obama policies that were denounced during the Bush administration, how conservative outrage over FDR’s New Deal and LBJ’s Great Society subsided when the programs were continued by Republican presidents, the unusual upholding of the Constitution in ACORN’s lawsuit (PDF) against Congress and the open question of whether the Supreme Court will allow indefinite detentions of “enemy combatants.”
• Scott Horton interviews Candace Gorman (mp3) 28:08 Dec 18 2009. Candace Gorman is an attorney for two Guantanamo detainees, runs The Guantanamo Blog and has written many articles for In These Times and the Huffington Post. She is the principal in the law firm of H. Candace Gorman. The firm concentrates in Civil Rights and employment litigation. The firm handles both individual and class action lawsuits for Plaintiffs under the various civil rights statutes, anti-discrimination laws and under ERISA. In 2004, Attorney Gorman argued and won a unanimous decision before the United States Supreme Court in Jones vs. R.R. Donnelley. Attorney Gorman has lectured widely on the subject of civil rights and employment litigation.
• Scott Horton interviews Martin Chulov (mp3) 31:00 Dec 17 2009. Martin Chulov, Baghdad correspondent for the Guardian of London, discusses the ecological disaster in Iraq, diversion of water from the Tigris and Euphrates by Syria, Turkey and Iran, the fate of Iraq’s Marsh Arabs, greatly increased birth defects in Fallujah, the few remaining foreign journalists covering Iraq and the near-certainty that the US occupation will soon be over.
• Scott Horton interviews Will Grigg (mp3) 40:08 Dec 17 2009. Will Grigg, author of Liberty in Eclipse, discusses the RAND Corporation’s Army-commissioned study for a militarized “Stability Police Force,” the attempted legalized circumvention of Posse Comitatus and the end of distinction between civilian and military law enforcement, the slippery slope from a civilian criminal suspect to an enemy combatant and the tyrannical reign of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.
• Senator John McCain, R-Ariz., ., and
• Senator Kent Conrad, D-N.D
• Senator Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!