Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Tea Bagger Canards Dontcha just get SO TIRED of the SAME lies, untruths, half-truths and general BS being repeated OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN in the U.S. Corporate "News" Media? Much debunking to follow but FIRST here's an update on the Robo-signers from Bloomberg c/o Seattle Times
Sept 9 Electronic mortgage-registry firm wins in appeal "The plaintiffs' claims that focus on the operation of the MERS system ultimately fail because the plaintiffs have not shown that the alleged illegalities associated with the MERS system injured them or violated state law," the three-judge appeals panel said.
Kyle Ransom over at StockMarketReview.com offers this advice: How-to Defeat MERS After Arizona Homeowners Lose Foreclosure Appeal In a letter from Judge Conseulo Callahan writing from the unanimous three-judge panel, said that “Mortgage Electronic Registration System is a legitimate way for lenders to store deeds when the loans are transferred from one lender to another.” This is where Improper Mortgage Securitization comes into play. Why every homeowner facing foreclosure, foreclosure defense lawyers, and forensic loan auditors need to understand when securitization is flawed. Most importantly those trying to stop or void foreclosure need to know how to explain when improper mortgage securitization exists! The problem with MERS is that while they are setup to store deeds when loans are transferred from one lender to another which is legitimate but if securitization is improper the holder receiving transfer is NOT a Holder In Due Course. Now it becomes a universal problem for MERS because this is a violation of Uniform Commercial Code. Find out more at gofightforeclosure.com. Associated Press reporters DINA CAPPIELLO & HARRY R. WEBER scoop US gov't prepares to release BP oil spill report Meanwhile, interviews and documents obtained by The Associated Press show a BP scientist identified a previously unreported deposit of flammable gas that could have played a role in the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, but the oil giant failed to divulge the finding to government investigators for as long as a year. While engineering experts differ on the extent to which the two-foot-wide swath of gas-bearing sands helped cause the disaster, the finding raises the specter of further legal and financial troubles for BP. It also could raise the stakes in the multibillion-dollar court battle between the companies involved. "This is a critical factor, where the hydrocarbons are found," Rice University engineering professor Satish Nagarajaiah said. "I think further studies are needed to determine where this exactly was and what response was initiated by BP if they knew this fact." ... Based on the initial information, regulators approved BP's well sealing plan, which called for placing the top of the cement at roughly 17,300 feet below the surface of the water. The cement was pumped April 19, the day before the explosion. But Skripnikova said that after she flew back from the rig, she and others re-examined the analysis, and on the day of the explosion she identified the shallower gas zone. That would have meant the cement should have been placed at just under 17,000 feet below the surface of the water. She said she did not relay that information to drilling engineers on the Deepwater Horizon and warn them to hold off proceeding with the abandonment. She suggested in her deposition that she thought the information would be passed up the chain. BP was already $60 million over budget and stopping operations at that point and coming up with a new cement design would have meant millions of extra dollars in costs.
Now some addenda from last week you should read.
And Glenn Greenwald dissects the right-wing's hissy fit Paul Krugman set off last weekend The meaning of political rituals like 9/11 Day
On 9/11 Day, Paul Krugman provoked a wave of petulant, angry condemnation for pointing out just some of the valid reasons that day is now inextricably linked with the shameful acts done in its name by the U.S. Though I continuously defended Krugman on Twitter, I had no intention of writing about this pseudo-controversy because it was little more than what Digby describes as a standard formulaic "hissy fit" from right-wing warmongers who long ago ceased having the power to stigmatize people for such heresies (the apex of this absurd spectacle occurred when the man widely admired around the world as The Nation's Moral Conscience -- Donald Rumsfeld -- announced that he was cancelling his subscription to The New York Times in protest of Krugman's "repugnant" post). But then yesterday, I read what is one of the most self-evidently inane posts the Internet has ever produced: this must-be-read-to-be-believed sermon from Mother Jones' Rick Ungar condemning Krugman and demanding that other progressives join with him and the Right in these denunciations. Just for sheer entertainment, I really encourage you to read the whole thing; my favorite part is when Ungar decrees that 9/11 Day is "a day when Americans of all stripes should have been giving thanks to both President Bush and President Obama for doing whatever it is they do that has protected us from a tragic repeat of the events of September 11, 2001." On so many levels, that's just the funniest sentence ever (and we now bow our heads in reverent gratitude toward our Leaders, George Bush and Barack Obama, and solemnly thank them for doing whatever it is they do -- no matter what that might be -- to Keep Us Safe). But there is a point raised by Ungar's finger-wagging that I do actually think is worth addressing. He writes that while he agrees with the substance of Krugman's criticism, it was his timing that was so offensive, because 9/11 Day "was decidedly not a day that needed to be about politics." This notion -- that 9/11 Day was nothing more than an apolitical grieving ceremony, akin to a private funeral, and Krugman's sin was one of etiquette: it just wasn't the day for politics -- is a common one. But it's completely wrong, and quite destructive to accept. Everything about 9/11 Day -- like all political rituals -- was deeply politicized to its core. ... Not just 9/11 Day but everything connected to it was constructed to deliver and implant a very politicized message, over and over. ... Everything about 9/11 -- how it's talked about, how it's described, how it's commemorated -- is all designed to impart very specific political messages, and that's been true since the day it happened. .... Read the rest of Greenwald's spot-on analysis at the link.
CNN gave up their "Most trusted name in news" claim and showed their true colors by co-hosting the "Tea Baggers Ball" an assortment of Neocons, Corporatists, Christian Dominionists, "Free"-traders, Global-climate-change-deniers and other misfits from the far-right lunatic fringe hell bent on destroying American Democracy. Of course Tea Bag Nation has been wholly funded by the Kook Brothers, ALEC, and a host of their well-funded "think" tanks like CATO, AEI, and the rest, which we've covered extensively. (Catch Brad Freidman's excellent NEW BLOCKBUSTER on the Kooks 'Inside the Koch Brothers 2011 Summer Seminar': Part 1 of My 2-Part Exclusive at MOTHER JONES [Now UPDATED with comment from the Kochs, finally, as given to ABC News & more...]) Remember when Rep. Alan Grayson pointed out the Republicans' Health Insurance "plan" on the floor of the Peoples' House? Here's the vid GO WATCH NOW. Grayson had THIS to say about the reprehensible behavior of not just the crowd, but the "candidates" and the "media" in this case Wolf "Mossad Agent" Blitzer:
"What do you tell a guy who is sick, goes into a coma and doesn't have health insurance? Who pays for his coverage? Are you saying society should just let him die?" Wolf Blitzer asked.
"Yeah!" several members of the crowd yelled out. (vid & story here)
Alan Grayson Blasts Tea Party Debate Audience's Reaction To Health Care Question: 'It's Sadism' HuffPost asked Grayson what he thought of the crowd cheering for the death of the uninsured man."My speech was about the fact I had been listening to the Republicans for months, and they literally had no plan to help all those millions of people who can’t see a doctor when they’re sick. So I said, in sort of a wry manner, that their plan was "don’t get sick." All I really wanted to do was just call attention to the stark absence of a Republican plan. But Fox, trying to take the heat off Joe Wilson and Sarah Palin I guess, transmogrified that into a charge that Republicans want to kill people.
What you saw tonight is something much more sinister than not having a healthcare plan. It's sadism, pure and simple. It's the same impulse that led people in the Coliseum to cheer when the lions ate the Christians. And that seems to be where we are heading -- bread and circuses, without the bread. The world that Hobbes wrote about -- "the war of all against all."" Robert Parry ConsortiumNews.com notes how CNN Panders to the Tea Party
CNN, which likes to boast that it’s America’s non-ideological cable news network, revealed in its Republican presidential debate collaboration with the Tea Party Express the hidden political reality behind “centrist” journalism – a never-ending pandering to the Right. The basic truth about mainstream journalism is that the careerists who dominate the national news media are keenly attuned to where the worst career dangers lie and steer away accordingly. And, by far, the biggest risk to a journalist’s career is to be deemed “liberal” by the Right’s powerful attack machine. So, while CNN would surely recoil from a suggestion that it co-sponsor a Democratic debate with, say, Moveon.org, the “No Bias, No Bull” network saw no problem in associating its journalistic credibility with the far-right Tea Party. ... Among mainstream journalists, there is almost no career danger from offending the American Left because it is viewed as essentially powerless, lacking any significant media clout of its own. ....CNN, which the Right has sometimes smeared as the “Communist News Network,” can now cite its collaboration with the Tea Party as valuable right-wing “cred.” ... CNN’s behavior fits into a larger pattern which has frequently denied the American people the relevant facts and the clear analysis that are needed in a democratic society – because to do otherwise would invite devastating right-wing attacks on the journalists. .... With its new collaboration with the right-wing Tea Party, CNN appears to be reentering the “who-can-pander-to-the-Right-the-most” sweepstakes. William Rivers Pitt piles on with The Cult of Death at TruthOut.com There's more than a bit of sad irony in this. "Tea Party" people like to think of themselves as a grassroots "movement" born of, so they believe, a national sense of horror at the fact that Barack Obama is president. They peddled the farcical idea that Mr. Obama's birth certificate didn't exist, that he is a secret socialist fascist communist Muslim Islamist terrorist mole...but in the main, they are nothing more than useful idiots following the beat of drummers who couldn't care less about them at the end of the day. And yes, "idiots" is the proper word. These "Tea Party" people profess to be representatives of average Americans, despite being a complete creation of the 0.1% wealthy elite. They claim government is too big, even as many of them hail from states (think Texas) that would utterly collapse without federal funding. They bring guns to public rallies. They like Medicare, until they are reminded that Medicare is a government program. And they are Christians, members of the faithful, who enjoy executions and who think uninsured people should be left to die. Correction: they are "Christians," because it is impossible to build any kind of bridge between the teachings of Jesus and the beliefs these people espouse at the top of their lungs. They are not Christians, but are in fact a death-worshipping cult. The best response to the vile display broadcast by CNN on Monday night was provided by former Florida Rep. Alan Grayson, who has had more than a few go-rounds with this particular breed of cat. Nobel Laureate PAUL KRUGMAN boils it down to Free to Die
...So the freedom to die extends, in practice, to children and the unlucky as well as the improvident. And the right’s embrace of that notion signals an important shift in the nature of American politics....Now, however, compassion is out of fashion — indeed, lack of compassion has become a matter of principle, at least among the G.O.P.’s base. And what this means is that modern conservatism is actually a deeply radical movement, one that is hostile to the kind of society we’ve had for the past three generations — that is, a society that, acting through the government, tries to mitigate some of the “common hazards of life” through such programs as Social Security, unemployment insurance, Medicare and Medicaid. Are voters ready to embrace such a radical rejection of the kind of America we’ve all grown up in? I guess we’ll find out next year. For those still in the reality-based community we go to Glenn Kessler at WaPo for Fact checking the CNN and Tea Party Express debate in Tampa and also Politifact's Bill Adair Fact-checking the CNN/Tea Party Express GOP debate so head over there for some FACTS.
One of the all-time canards the GOP love to trot out is "the private sector is more efficient than government" hence the privitization drive, from privatizing schools across the U.S., selling off roads and prisons (like Guv Kasich in Ohio) and even entire towns (like Guv Snyder in Michigan) to the military hiring contractors like Blackwater/XE or Triple Canopy (see Brave New Film's Iraq For Sale) and so on. Ron Nixon at NYT reports Government Pays More in Contracts, Study Finds (h/t jen) Despite a widespread belief that contracting out services to the private sector saves the federal government money, a new study suggests just the opposite — that the government actually pays more when it farms out work. The study found that in 33 of 35 occupations, the government actually paid billions of dollars more to hire contractors than it would have cost government employees to perform comparable services. On average, the study found that contractors charged the federal government more than twice the amount it pays federal workers. The study was conducted by the Project on Government Oversight, a nonprofit Washington group. ... But POGO said its study did not just compare the salaries of the two sectors; instead it focused on what the government actually pays contractors to perform services versus how much it would cost to have that work done by in-house staff members. “That’s a big difference,” said Scott Amey, POGO’s general counsel. “We compared the full compensation paid to federal government and private sector employees to the billable rates in federal service contracts. Across the board you see that it cost government more to pay for contractors.” For example, the study found that, on average, the federal government paid contractors $268,653 per year for computer engineering services, while government workers in the same occupation made $136,456. ... Paul C. Light, a professor at New York University who has studied the contractor work force, said he found the POGO study interesting. “Contracting out to the private sector is often oversold as the answer to better services, better performance and better cost,” Mr. Light said. “But doing this type of analysis shows that it’s not the case.” Here's another shocker from the reality-based community Robert Reich Debunks 6 Big GOP Lies about The Economy a NationofChange Video Report. WATCH NOW! Then Zerohedge tells us that Median Male Worker Makes Less Now Than 43 Years Ago AND a Record Number Americans, Or 46.3 Million, Lived In Poverty Last Year; 49.9 Million Without Health Insurance. Those are some shocking numbers! Click over there for the gory details.
Washington's Blog asks Can We Build Our Own Economy From the Ground Up? Lots to read here too with plenty of links and good ideas. Robert Sheer provides more reality in One Betrayal Too Many Some of us who voted for Obama thought he was no Clinton, but he was and is, as was demonstrated in his first days in office when he appointed two key veterans of the Clinton Treasury Department, Lawrence Summers and Timothy Geithner, to head up the Obama economic team. Geithner, as treasury secretary, is the point man for the administration’s push to pass the so-called American Jobs Act, which the president hyped in his Sept. 8 speech to Congress and the nation. It was pure Clinton bull: I feel your pain while I help the superrich pick your pocket. Space permits only one example, that of General Electric CEO Jeffrey Immelt, whom Obama selected to head his “Jobs Council of leaders from different industries who are developing a wide range of new ideas to help companies grow and create jobs.” Was that some cruel joke? GE under Immelt has grown and created jobs, but they are abroad rather than in our own troubled country. As a result, by the end of last year, only 134,000 of GE’s workforce of 304,000 were based in the United States; the remainder—and 82 percent of the company’s profit—were sheltered abroad. Now for one of the BIGGEST LIES out there The real threat to Social Security by Susie Madrak It’s the payroll tax, stupid
“The Ponzi scheme is a sideshow. It’s an outrageous claim designed to undermine confidence in the program,” says Nancy Altman, co-director of Strengthen Social Security, a progressive group trying to save the program. Altman knows her onions when it comes to Social Security, having assisted Alan Greenspan, who headed a bipartisan commission in 1983 that put Social Security on a sound financing footing. Altman wasn’t keen on the payroll tax holiday agreed to last December, telling NPR that this “could eventually lead to the unraveling of Social Security.” If Republicans make this permanent, it could spell real trouble for Social Security, she said.
I asked Altman if she had changed her mind. Nope, she hadn’t, and discussed the red flags that the public and the press should think about as another payroll tax cut zooms through Congress. The payroll tax cut now in effect reduced the amount of contributions employees pay from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent, and left in place employers’ contributions, also 6.2 percent. This time around the president is proposing that workers pay a payroll tax of only 3.1 percent—a fifty percent reduction from the 6.2 percent rate that has been in effect for two decades. Employers would also be relieved of making payroll contributions on the first $5 million of their payroll, a move targeted at small employers.
Altman says these cuts would not be a big deal if they were temporary, but she believes they’ll stick around. “Congress has been reluctant to increase marginal tax rates by a modest amount on the very wealthiest Americans; it’s hard to believe they would be eager to allow Social Security contributions to double on the lowest-income, working Americans,” she said.
Oh there's more you need to read. Let's remember FICA is not a TAX it's an INVESTMENT in YOUR OWN SS contribution. And the 2% "tax break" enacted last year? For someone making $50K/yr this works out to about $20/week; if you make LESS than that your "tax break" is obviously less too. This so-called "economic boost" will hardly affect most peoples' bottom line for food, housing and energy expenses as many are trying to pay down debt as well. We wrote our U.S. Senators demanding an "Opt In/Opt Out" so workers can decide if they'd rather pay the difference directly into their OWN SS ACCOUNT or take home that extra ten bucks now. The Banksters and the Capitalists looted Social Security and they DON'T WANT TO PAY IT BACK. Prairie2 sums it up President Perry knows who he will bomb first Unemployment continues to track upward with seasonally adjusted initial claims of 428,000 last week, an increase of 11,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 417,000. This is above what is considered the “new normal” of 400,000 claims per week. Prior to the beginning of the New Republican Great Depression, the “normal” number of claims was 275,000. Continued efforts to cut wages by firing workers and replacing them at half pay from the vast pool of the desperate un-employed has pushed the “normal” number up. So even as the number climbs we don’t know if no jobs are being created, or if there are just more low wage jobs being created. More than half the states had increased claims, the largest increases in initial claims for the week ending September 3 were in Kansas, North Carolina, Washington, New Jersey, and Texas. Wait a minute, Texas has more claims? Where was the “job creator”? Have you noticed that in one breath that Texas Governor Perry will berate President Obama’s efforts to “create” jobs as doomed to failure since everybody knows the government can’t create jobs. But, he will in the next breath proclaim that Obama has destroyed 2.5 million jobs while in office, while at the same time, he (Perry, the government of Texas) has created a million jobs. “Irony” is a country in the Middle East that President Perry will bomb. New foreclosure actions jumped 33% in August, but the number is still lower than the same month last year. This is considered an indication that banks are becoming more aggressive in initiating foreclosures again after the slowdown caused by flap over the handling of foreclosures in ways best described as criminal. Several more Attorneys General have joined NY’s AG in rejecting a 50 state settlement joined by the Obama Adm with the banks over the mortgage scandal where there isn’t supposed to be any prosecution. ... This phony paperwork is often exposed only because the signatures don’t match. The lack of valid signatures is because they have been signed by minimum wage workers passed off as bank officers, and as notaries public who “witnessed” the fake signatures and fabricated affidavits. If you or I submitted this sort of fraud to a court we would be rewarded with long prison term. But, we aren’t rich bankers. We just get to pay for it. Of course the "bread and circuses, without the bread" will be on display on the Sunday Morning Funnies with Triangulator-In-Chief BILL CLINTON on The Big Three ABC's This Anampout, NBC's Meet the David and CBS's Face the Bob. This Anampout also scores with TONY BLAIR and Face the Bob gets fave brick target DARTH CHENEY while State of Candy referees DICK DURBIN vs LINDSEY GRAHAM and FAKE SNOOZE recruits HERMAN CAIN to spread more of the lies outlined above. Your Sunday Morning will be better spent right here at BTV with SAM SEDER's interview with ROBERT F. KENNEDY JR. and News Dissecter DANNY SCHECTER plus Ring of Fire with JOSHUA HOLLAND and world news interviews at AntiWarRadio with PHILLIP GERALDI and CHRIS FLOYD and Peter B, Max and the rest! And check out TAVIS SMILEY and CORNELL WEST's "Interdependence Day" with videos on their front page. Be sure to watch PROFESSOR CORNELL WEST on Democracy NOW! After being in first place for over half the season The Brick TeeVee Crew threw in the towel on the Tribe's 2011 season after the Tigers pancaked them into oblivion winning seven straight over the Wahoos. Key injuries to Sizemore, Choo, Hafner, Santana and others left Manager MANNY ACTA playing a line-up of Triple-A hopefuls and Major League journeymen that inevitably caught up with him. Despite the parent club raiding players from Columbus The Clippers won their ninth Governors' Cup with a 4-1 victory over Lehigh Valley. Go Clippers! The BTV Victory Garden is winding down but we have a bumper crop of eggplant and tomatoes and tomatillos and hot peppers! Hot BTV Salsa coming up soon! And we planted some lettuce and spinach here in late summer to see what pops up before we close it down. And one of our neighbors grew a gazillion fresh peaches so we'll be busy getting these into jars and such. Yum! Enjoy your Sunday and your week!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
»»» Democracy NOW's archive of reports documenting the 9/11 attacks and their aftermath The 9/11 Decade: Voices of Dissent on Democracy Now!
»»» A remarkable conversation between two New Yorkers: Rita Lasar and Masuda Sultan @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW From One Ground Zero to Another: Sister of 9/11 Victim Meets Afghan Who Lost Family in U.S. Bombing Sept 12, 2012
»»» Professor Cornell West @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Attica Is All of Us: Cornel West on 40th Anniversary of Attica Prison Rebellion Sept 12, 2012
»»» Professor Noam Chomsky @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Noam Chomsky on the 9/11 Decade and the Assassination of Osama bin Laden: Was There an Alternative? & Noam Chomsky on the U.S. Economic Crisis: Joblessness, Excessive Military Spending and Healthcare & Noam Chomsky: U.S. to Veto Palestinian Statehood Bid Despite "Overwhelming International Consensus" Sept 13, 2011
»»» Democracy Now! correspondent Anjali Kamat @ Democracy NOW! Democracy Now! correspondent Anjali Kamat has just spent 10 days crossing Libya, speaking with fighters, former political prisoners, journalists, and advisers to the new government. WATCH NOW After Gaddafi’s Fall, A Revitalized Libya Tackles Militarization, Reconciliation & NATO’s Presence Sept 14, 2011
»»» Heidi Shierholz, labor economist at the Economic Policy Institute @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW U.S. Census Reports Reveals One in Six Americans Are Poor, One in Five Children Live in Poverty Sept 14, 2011
»»» Bob Graham WATCH NOW Former Senator Bob Graham Urges Obama to Reopen Investigation into Saudi Role in 9/11 Attacks Sept 15, 2011
»»» Human Rights Attorney Jennifer Harbury @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Genocide-Linked General Otto Pérez Molina Poised to Become Guatemala’s Next President Sept 15, 2011
»»» Film director Pamela Yates and Fredy Peccerelli, director of the Guatemalan Forensic Anthropology Foundation @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "Granito: How to Nail a Dictator": New Film Tracks Struggle for Justice After Guatemalan Genocide Sept 15, 2011
»»» Washington Post investigative reporter Joe Stephens @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Obama Admin Faces Controversy over Rushed $535 Million Backing of Failed Solar Power Firm, Solyndra Sept 16, 2011
»»» University of New Hampshire at Manchester historian Theresa Lynch @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW 40 Years After Attica Rebellion, New Tapes Reveal Nixon, Rockefeller Praised Deadly Crackdown Sept 16, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW Mark Ruffalo: Thank God for Fracking (And Josh Fox) Actor/Director Mark Ruffalo hails Emmy Award winner Josh Fox (Gasland) and talks to Laura Flanders of GRITtv about the impact of Hurricane Irene on the Catskill region where he lives -- and where big energy corporations want to "frack" for gas.
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NASCAR on ESPN The Chase begins at Chicagoland Speedway! We're planning on letting out a basket full of gekkos at Turn One for the green flag of the Geico 400 to see how slippery they really are! Coverage begins at 2 pm et
»»» MLB on TBS AL East Showdown! Rays @ Red Sox! 1 pm et
»»» Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN Cardinals @ Phillies! 8 pm et
»»» Wednesday Night Doubleheader on ESPN Rays @ Yankees 7 pm et then Rangers @ A's 10 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
CONSUMER WATCHDOGI WANT TO HELP COUNT ME IN! I want to help with a California ballot measure that will rollback health insurance rates by 20% and create a public option alternative to private insurance companies. Please keep me informed and let me know what I can do. SIGN UP NOWI WANT TO HELP Entire San Francisco Chronicle Front Page story from Thu Aug 25, 2001 at link!
October2011.org October 2011 is the 10th anniversary of the invasion of Afghanistan and the beginning of the 2012 federal austerity budget. It is time to light the spark that sets off a true democratic, nonviolent transition to a world in which people are freed to create just and sustainable solutions. Take this pledge at October2011.org
- "I pledge that if any U.S. troops, contractors, or mercenaries remain in Afghanistan on Thursday, October 6, 2011, as that occupation goes into its 11th year, I will commit to being in Freedom Plaza in Washington, D.C., with others on that day or the days immediately following, for as long as I can, with the intention of making it our Tahrir Square, Cairo, our Madison, Wisconsin, where we will NONVIOLENTLY resist the corporate machine by occupying Freedom Plaza to demand that America's resources be invested in human needs and environmental protection instead of war and exploitation. We can do this together. We will be the beginning."
CHANGE.ORG The First Cause: A Plan to Claim Food As Food We're losing the right to manage our own health. Even the right to choose our food is being stolen. We can stop it, but only by ending the basis on which it's being done—not by addressing each action. A new website has been set up to allow people to post responses from politicians, along with their own articles: Free Choice - Health Defining food as food is not the only issue that must be tackled, but it's a key one. As it gets rolling, we'll start others. We are literally in a battle for our lives!
If you're in Europe, click HERE to sign the petition.
If you're in the United States, click HERE to sign the petition. Do it NOW!
UPDATE! Watch this interview with constitutional law attorney Jonathan Emord on ProjectCamelotLive JONATHAN EMORD INTERVIEW
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net And Alan Grayson is running again in FL-8! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Manning-Lamo Chat Logs Revealed at wired.com plus The Deeply Personal Details in New Bradley Manning Chat Logs and Bradley Manning Support Network Much more at link.
EMAIL UPDATE! Help us reach our goal of a half million by signing the petition, and passing it on. Add your name! AND Vote for Bradley in the 2011 Time Magazine 100 Poll here!
Add your name to this petition Eminent US legal scholars protest 'torture' of Bradley Manning.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,474 US Military Dead as of Sept 16, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,774 US Military Dead as of Sept 16, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• former President Bill Clinton
• former Prime Minister Tony Blair
• Google's Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Cokie Roberts, ABC News senior political correspondent Jonathan Karl and presidential historian Michael Beschloss
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• former Vice President Dick Cheney
• former President Bill Clinton
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• "I've never seen the like" - After many requests for help from his ambushed unit were denied, Dakota Meyer took matters into his own hands, going through a gauntlet of Taliban fire five times to try and save his trapped comrades. His efforts earned him the Medal of Honor. David Martin reports. Mary Walsh and Tadd Lascari are the producers
• Spy on the ice - Bob Simon reports on the latest "spy-cam" techniques used by wildlife filmmakers to show animals - in this case, polar bears - up-close and in a way audiences have never seen them before. Michael Gavshon is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• former President Bill Clinton
• Senate GOP leader Mitch McConnell
• ROUNDTABLE: Former Gov. Jennifer Granholm (D-MI), Republican strategist Alex Castellanos, Senior political analyst for TIME Magazine, Mark Halperin and NY Times White House Correspondent Helene Cooper
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Illinois)
• Republican Senator Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina)
• former Congressional Budget Office directors Alice Rivlin and Douglas Holtz-Eakin
• Israeli Ambassador to the U.S. Michael Oren
• Palestinian Chief Representative to the U.S. Maen Areikat
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY!!!!! Uber-pope Bob knows! Last one for awhile as Bob takes care of his own activism and leads by example! Listen HERE (mp3)!
Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - September 15, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Republicans pounce on bankruptcy of US solar company Solyndra --- but what are they not pouncing on?; Shocking revelation: BP is to blame for BP's oil spill; PLUS: Al Gore's "24 Hours of Climate Reality" --- Well, that'll be a nice change of pace! ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): EPA FAIL: Greenhouse gas rule delayed; Air pollution from ships plummets due to new fuel blend; NASCAR goes green; Indigenous Alaskans living with climate change now; Irene and Lee flushed pollutants into Chesapeake Bay; 4,600 sea turtles killed yearly by fishing; Think summer 2011 was hot? The worst is still to come; Privatizing government doesn’t actually save money; DIY: Build your own phone solar charger; Coral reefs 'will be gone' by 2100; Australia PM introduces controversial carbon laws; Exxon makes billion-dollar bet that climate change is real; Beginning of the end for suburban America ... PLUS: GOP wants create jobs by unleashing snakes... Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 290 Legalize It? Psychiatrist/Author of “Cannabinomics” Says Tipping Point is Near; Tired of “Awesome”? Arthur Plotnik Gives 6,000 Alternates Dr. Glenn Fichtner, author of "Cannabinomics", reviews the medical uses of marijuana, the failure of the drug war, and what he calls the marijuana policy tipping point; Arthur Plotnik’s delightful book "Better Than Great: A Plenitudinous Compendium of Wallopingly Fresh Superlatives" prompts a fun discussion of language and vocabulary.
• PBC Podcast 291 Searching for Answers About Google? Steven Levy on His New Book ‘In The Plex’ Wired magazine Senior Editor Steven Levy is our single guest for this podcast, talking about his new book "In the Plex: How Google Thinks, Works, and Shapes Our Lives".
• PBC Podcast 292 Inside Scientology: Author Janet Reitman and Attorney Ford Greene Go Behind the Hubbard Curtain; Chew Reviews “Higher Ground” Janet Reitman, author of Inside Scientology: The Story of America’s Most Secretive Religion and Ford Greene, the attorney who has helped people escape from Scientology and other cult groups.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! September 16, 2011.
• Frances Beinecke, president of the NRDC will be joining us to discuss the Republicans jobs plan – which includes slashing environmental protections and funding for the EPA.
• Tamara Draut from Demos dot org will be joining us to talk about the struggles facing the American middle class
• Journalist Adam Lee will tell us about the threat posed by the rapidly expanding group of science-denying Christian dominionists in America.
• And investigative journalist Joshua Holland will tell us how Wall Street billionaires are trying to convince the middle class that they need to sacrifice more, while Wall Street insiders continue to make billions.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
• VIDEO! Papantonio: America’s Income Disparity Explained While 68.3 million Americans struggle to get enough food to eat and wages are declining for 90 percent of the population, US millionaire household wealth has reached an unprecedented level. According to an extensive study by auditing and financial advisory firm Deloitte, US millionaire households now have $38.6 trillion in wealth. On top of the $38.6 trillion, they have an estimated $6.3 trillion hidden in offshore accounts.
• VIDEO! Sam Seder: The Future of Libya Moammar Gaddafi’s 42-year reign as dictator in Libya was brought to an end by a combination of civilian uprising, and limited military support from a coalition of allied forces, including the United States. But with Gaddafi gone, the country is now facing an era of uncertainty, with no clear leader and no clear way forward. Sam Seder discusses the situation in Libya, and some possible challenges we could see in the near future, with Steve Clemons, Washington editor at large for The Atlantic.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Bachmann’s Warped Worldview The presidential candidacies of Rick Perry and Michelle Bachmann have already proved one thing about the 2012 election – the religious right is going to once again play a massive role in electing Republicans. Both Perry and Bachmann have developed their worldviews based on the Re-Constructionist movement within the religious right, a movement that believes in a strict, literal interpretation of the Bible. Mike Papantonio talks about how dangerous the religious right will be in 2012 with Frank Schaeffer, author of the new book “Sex, Mom, and God: How the Bible’s Strange Take on Sex Led to Crazy Politics-and How I Learned to Love Women (and Jesus) Anyway.”
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• RJ Eskow of Campaign for America's Future on raising the Medicare Eligibility Age [09•12•11]
• Spencer Ackerman talks Palestinian Statehood [09•13•11]
• Robert F. Kennedy Jr. talks EPA Ozone Levels [09•14•11]
• Cliff Schecter and Sam Seder talk a Progressive Gameplan Going Forward [09•16•11]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• VIDEO! MAX KEISER ON RADIO 5 LIVE 11TH SEPTEMBER 2011 Exactly as I warned about in this interview… Inflation On The Rise After Cost Of Food, Clothing And Energy Soars (huffpo uk edition)
• VIDEO Financial Facism Max Keiser talks about Financial Fascism
• Worst Year in U.S. History For Natural Disasters, A Billion+ Dollar Disaster Every Month> by stacyherbert - READ This Has Been The Worst Year For Natural Disasters In U.S. History at TheEconomicCollapseBlog.com There has been a natural disaster that has caused at least a billion dollars of damage inside the United States every single month so far this year. According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, there have been 10 major disasters in the United States this year. On average, usually there are only about 3 major disasters a year. At this point, disasters are happening inside the United States so frequently that there seems to be no gap between them. We just seem to go from one major disaster to the next. Last year, FEMA declared an all-time record of 81 disasters inside the United States. This year, we are on pace for well over 100. We just got done dealing with Hurricane Irene, and now we are dealing with historic wildfires in Texas and unprecedented flooding up in the northeast part of the country. This has been the worst year for natural disasters in U.S. history, and we still have nearly four months left to go.
• KEISER REPORT  Keiser Report: Confidence Game Interview with Alex Schaefer
• KEISER REPORT [KR184] Keiser Report – Debt Carpet Bombing We interview Zeus Yiamouyiannis
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Flaming Banks, Burned-Out Economy Stacy Summary: We interview Aaron Krowne of ML-Implode.com
• ON THE EDGE [OTE122] On the Edge with Karl Denninger We interview Karl Denninger. You can pre-order his book, Leverage, here. The book comes with a Foreword from Charles Hugh Smith who will be interviewing soon when he is in Paris!
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Danny Schechter Max and Danny Schechter, the News Dissector, discuss Obama’s job bill, the mainstream financial media and #occupywallstreet
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1215] The Truth About Market Prolapse. Download show HERE (mp3)
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1216] The Truth About Tony Blair’s Remote-Controlled Eyeball. Download show HERE (mp3) Stacy Summary: With special guest, Madge Weinstein!!
• Donations to ResonanceFM here.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Philip Giraldi September 14, 2011 Former CIA officer Philip Giraldi discusses the CIA’s failure to disclose information on the 9/11 hijackers living in San Diego (before the deed) to the FBI; why government incompetence and inefficiency can explain events (like 9/11) that seem to be deliberately planned or allowed to happen; the major implications for US alliances over a possible veto on the Palestinian state UN resolution; why Israel is worried about (potential) Palestine’s creation along 1967 borders, as well as access to the ICC and UNESCO; and declining relations between Israel and Turkey.
• Chris Floyd September 14, 2011Chris Floyd, author of Empire Burlesque – High Crimes and Low Comedy in the Bush Imperium , discusses his article “What Lies Beneath: The Essence of Modern America in Somalia’s Blood-drenched Soil” the US “dual track policy” of simultaneously funding the weak central government and the warlords – guaranteeing some influence no matter who carries the day; how imperial hubris has convinced American politicians they have the right to decide who is and isn’t suitable to rule Somalia; and a reminder that American lives are no more important than Somali lives (which should give us pause, as over 100,000 have been needlessly killed).
• Richard Silverstein September 14, 2011: Richard Silverstein, writer of the Tikun Olam blog, discusses his article “Secret trial revelations prompt US-Israeli diplomatic storm” about the Israeli agenda revealed by FBI translator and whistleblower Shamai Leibowitz; why a DOJ prosecution should be anticipated, despite the First Amendment protection of journalists publishing classified information; why government employees interested in protecting the US should be prepared to pay a steep price for patriotism; how the media spun the story as “US spies on Israel!” while saving the actual content for later paragraphs; how Israel manages to control Congress and run US Middle East foreign policy; how the Israeli government gets op-eds published in American newspapers and starts lawsuits against American companies boycotting Israel’s goods; and why there was likely a deal between Obama’s electoral transition team and Israel to stop Operation Cast Lead two days before the inauguration.
• Mark Sheffield September 15, 2011: Mark Sheffield of the Policy on Point blog discusses his post “Arab Spring, Israeli Fall” how Hosni Mubarak’s departure has freed Egyptians to protest against Palestinian mistreatment; the Obama administration’s demand that Egypt crack down on protesters, making it clear democracy won’t be tolerated if it is used to criticize Israel; why the rift between Turkey and Israel, the major regional powers and former close allies, is a big deal; and indications that US pro-Israel policy is getting increasingly more costly in terms of alliances and influence.
• Kevin Zeese September 15, 2011: Kevin Zeese, Executive Director of VotersForPeace and Co-Chair of Come Home America, discusses Come Home America’s tripartite approach to building a successful, broad-based antiwar movement; the notable signatories from all over the political spectrum who have signed the letter urging President Obama and the Congress to end the wars right now; why war is good for the economy – if you happen to own a bank or Lockheed Martin; Obama’s fundraising events that cost more for admission than the average American earns in a year; and why the peace movement needs to shatter the perception carried forward from the Vietnam-era, that only leftist hippies too lazy and cowardly to fight would oppose war.
• Dean Ahmad Septmber 15, 2011: Imad-ad-Dean Ahmad, founder of the Minaret of Freedom Institute, discusses the differences and commonalities of the three major Abrahamic religions; why Islam’s theological distinctions don’t make all Muslims into budding terrorists – despite what the Islamophobes would have you believe; the many Muslims (devout and secular alike) participating in the Arab spring movement against despotic governments – nearly all supported by the US and Israel; how Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri developed an expanded version of the Five Pillars of Islam, to include a militarized conception of jihad; and why American Muslims cherish the “land of opportunity” and certainly don’t “hate us for our [and their] freedoms.”
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan
• presidential candidate Herman Cain
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml