Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Anonymous and wikileaks strike again! Late last Sunday CommonDreams.org posted this press release WikiLeaks Begins Publishing 5 million Emails from STRATFOR Today WikiLeaks began publishing The Global Intelligence Files – more than five million emails from the Texas-headquartered "global intelligence" company Stratfor. The emails date from between July 2004 and late December 2011. They reveal the inner workings of a company that fronts as an intelligence publisher, but provides confidential intelligence services to large corporations, such as Bhopal's Dow Chemical Co., Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon and government agencies, including the US Department of Homeland Security, the US Marines and the US Defense Intelligence Agency. The emails show Stratfor's web of informers, pay-off structure, payment-laundering techniques and psychological methods, for example: "[Y]ou have to take control of him. Control means financial, sexual or psychological control... This is intended to start our conversation on your next phase" – CEO George Friedman to Stratfor analyst Reva Bhalla on 6 December 2011, on how to exploit an Israeli intelligence informant providing information on the medical condition of the President of Venezuela, Hugo Chavez. The material contains privileged information about the US government's attacks against Julian Assange and WikiLeaks and Stratfor's own attempts to subvert WikiLeaks. There are more than 4,000 emails mentioning WikiLeaks or Julian Assange. The emails also expose the revolving door that operates in private intelligence companies in the United States. Government and diplomatic sources from around the world give Stratfor advance knowledge of global politics and events in exchange for money. The Global Intelligence Files exposes how Stratfor has recruited a global network of informants who are paid via Swiss banks accounts and pre-paid credit cards. Stratfor has a mix of covert and overt informants, which includes government employees, embassy staff and journalists around the world. The material shows how a private intelligence agency works, and how they target individuals for their corporate and government clients.....WikiLeaks has built an investigative partnership with more than 25 media organizations and activists to inform the public about this huge body of documents. The organizations were provided access to a sophisticated investigative database developed by WikiLeaks and together with WikiLeaks are conducting journalistic evaluations of these emails. Important revelations discovered using this system will appear in the media in the coming weeks, together with the gradual release of the source documents. Read on to see the list of the media orgs that wikileaks has recruited. Scanning the 'net and corporomedia on Monday we found NOT ONE mention of this except this one at Reuters WikiLeaks targets global risk company Stratfor The anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks began publishing on Monday more than 5 million emails from a U.S.-based global security analysis company that has been likened to a shadow CIA. The emails, snatched by hackers, could unmask sensitive sources and throw light on the murky world of intelligence-gathering by the company known as Stratfor, which counts Fortune 500 corporations among its subscribers. Stratfor in a statement shortly after midnight EST (0500 GMT) said the release of its stolen emails was an attempt to silence and intimidate it. Stratfor, under the leadership of founder and Chief Executive George Friedman, said it would not be cowed. It said Friedman had not resigned as CEO, contrary to a bogus email circulating on the Internet. Some of the emails being published "may be forged or altered to include inaccuracies; some may be authentic," the company statement said. "We will not validate either. Nor will we explain the thinking that went into them. Having had our property stolen, we will not be victimized twice by submitting to questioning about them," the statement said. WikiLeaks did not say how it had acquired access to the vast haul of internal and external correspondence of the Austin, Texas, company, formally known as Strategic Forecasting Inc. Hackers linked to the loosely organized Anonymous hackers group said at the beginning of the year they had stolen the email correspondence of some 100 of the company's employees. The group said it planned to publish the data so the public would know the "truth" about Stratfor operations. ... WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange told Reuters: "Here we have a private intelligence firm, relying on informants from the U.S. government, foreign intelligence agencies with questionable reputations and journalists. What is of grave concern is that the targets of this scrutiny are, among others, activist organizations fighting for a just cause." ... WikiLeaks said it was working with two dozen media organizations worldwide that have access to a database of the Stratfor emails. These include the U.S. newspaper publisher McClatchy Co. "We have begun reviewing the emails and will publish as warranted," McClatchy's Washington bureau chief, James Asher, told Reuters. Hmmmmm. Then on Tuesday more info started coming out from these emails. OpEd News also snagged Julian Assange's Press Release on Stratfor Emails and His Possible Indictment "Confidential emails obtained from the US private intelligence firm Stratfor show that the United States Government has had a secret indictment against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange for more than 12 months." We go half way around the world to the TIMES OF INDIA for
Stratfor was Dow’s Bhopal spy: WikiLeaks Stratfor, the US intelligence analysis firm, was hired by Dow Chemical to spy on activists protesting against the 1984 Bhopal gas leak, revealed WikiLeaks on Monday. ... The disclosure includes Stratfor's monitoring of activists protesting against the 1984 Bhopal gas leak for Dow Chemical, the American corporation that bought Union Carbide which was responsible for the world's worst industrial disaster. Assange said, "What is of grave concern is that the targets of this scrutiny are, among others, activist organisations fighting for a just cause." According to WikiLeaks, Stratfor fronts as an intelligence publisher, but is in fact a private intelligence agency. Its clients reportedly include Dow Chemical, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon and United States government agencies such as the Department of Homeland Security, the Marines and the Defence Intelligence Agency. On Bhopal, Stratfor analysed the online activities of activists, including the "yes men" for Dow Chemical. The activists seek redress for the gas leak that killed more than 15,000 people in Bhopal and caused environmental damage still not repaired. The material shows how a private intelligence agency works and targets individuals for corporate and government clients. See Andy Bichlbaum of TheYesMen.org below on DN! and the Keiser Report! Next Andrew Jones at RawStory.com reports Wikileaks emails indicate Stratfor discovered Israel already destroyed Iran’s nuclear facilities Growing concerns over Iran’s nuclear facilities may prove to be all for naught. Officials from the global intelligence company Stratfor allegedly discussed that Israel may have already destroyed the Iranian nuclear facility, according to one of the emails released by Wikileaks Monday. ... In one of the over five million emails leaked, the conversation centered on Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak praising the news of deadly munitions blasts at a base of Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards. “I think this is a diversion. The Israelis already destroyed all the Iranian nuclear infrastructure on the ground weeks ago,” one intelligence official wrote in an email dated November 14, 2011. “The current ‘let’s bomb Iran’ campaign was ordered by the EU leaders to divert the public attention from their at home financial problems. It plays also well for the US since Pakistan, Russia and N. Korea are mentioned in the report. ” One other Stratfor official allegedly indicated a similar finding.... More on this at Democracy Now below.
Occupy London has finally been taken down, with court baliffs, not pepper spray. Ben Quinn and Dave Johnson at The Guardian report Occupy London: police and bailiffs move in to evict St Paul's protesters Police and bailiffs have moved in to begin clearing the Occupy London encampment outside St Paul's Cathedral, after a high court decision gave the green light for the City of London to clear the protest site. Activists were told by bailiffs that they had five minutes to pack their tents and leave or they would be obstructing a court order. The eviction began shortly after midnight. Dozens of activists appeared ready to comply and started clearing away tents and other belongings, but a number of protesters immediately began building an improvised barricaded enclosure using wooden pallets and pieces of debris. Hundreds of police officers in the immediate area of the square had riot helmets ready by their sides, and smaller detachments of riot officers carrying shields stood ready to one side. ..... A City of London statement said last night: "We regret that it has come to this, but the high court judgment speaks for itself, and the court of appeal has confirmed that judgment. High court enforcement officers employed by the City of London Corporation are undertaking the removal with the police present to ensure public safety and maintain order. We would ask protesters to move on peaceably." Here's some good news about OWS. Ben Cohen of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream has created a new website to donate to OCCUPY WALL ST. Go to MovementResourceGroup.org for more info and see Ben on DN! below. NEXT Rolling Stone investigative reporter Michael Hastings finds Homeland Security Kept Tabs on Occupy Wall Street As Occupy Wall Street spread across the nation last fall, sparking protests in more than 70 cities, the Department of Homeland Security began keeping tabs on the movement. An internal DHS report entitled “SPECIAL COVERAGE: Occupy Wall Street," dated October of last year, opens with the observation that "mass gatherings associated with public protest movements can have disruptive effects on transportation, commercial, and government services, especially when staged in major metropolitan areas." While acknowledging the overwhelmingly peaceful nature of OWS, the report notes darkly that "large scale demonstrations also carry the potential for violence, presenting a significant challenge for law enforcement." The five-page report – contained in 5 million newly leaked documents examined by Rolling Stone in an investigative partnership with WikiLeaks – goes on to sum up the history of Occupy Wall Street and assess its "impact" on everything from financial services to government facilities. Many of the observations are benign, and appear to have been culled from publicly available sources. The report notes, for instance, that in Chicago "five women were arrested after dumping garbage taken from a foreclosed home owned by Bank of America in the lobby one of the bank's branches," and that "OWS in New York staged a 'Millionaires March,' from Zucotti Park to demonstrate outside the homes of some of the city’s richest residents." But the DHS also appears to have scoured OWS-related Twitter feeds for much of their information. The report includes a special feature on what it calls Occupy's "social media and IT usage," and provides an interactive map of protests and gatherings nationwide – borrowed, improbably enough, from the lefty blog Daily Kos. ..... What’s more, there have been reports that Homeland Security played an active role in coordinating the nationwide crackdown on the Occupy movement last November – putting the federal government in the position of targeting its own citizens in the name of national security. There is not much of a bureaucratic leap, if history is any guide, between a seemingly benign call for "continuous situational awareness" and the onset of a covert and illegal campaign of domestic surveillance. Listen to Hastings interview with SAM SEDER on The Majority Report below! Along these lines Salon's Glenn Greenwald explains The NYPD spying controversy: a microcosm for the 9/11 era The NYPD spying program exposed by Associated Press may be the most flagrant instance in the War on Terror where “being Muslim” is overtly equated by a government agency to being a Terror threat. It is beyond question that huge numbers of completely innocent, law-abiding people — and the institutions to which they belong and even the businesses they patronize — were extensively surveilled and infiltrated for no reason whatsoever other than their religious and/or ethnic identity. ... The NYPD surveillance scheme took place in secret, with no oversight or legal framework. It was accomplished in part through the use — and abuse — of the post-9/11 police state and Drug War funding bonanza from the White House, which gave the NYPD the funds (ostensibly to fight the drug trade) that were then used to pay for the surveillance trucks used to track Muslim communities. Once revealed, city officials like Mayor Michael Bloomberg and NYPD Chief Ray Kelly immediately hauled out the all-purpose justifying, fear-mongering term — Terrorism – to insist that the indiscriminate spying program was both necessary and proper to Keep Us Safe. Right-wing, neocon, Murdoch-owned media outlets churn out vehemently anti-Muslim agitprop to justify the program. Only a small handful of groups — in this case the ACLU and CAIR — object to the surveillance abuses, as both groups called yesterday for an official investigation into the NYPD as well as the role the U.S. Government played in enabling the spying; one Bloomberg appointee, a Muslim lawyer, said the spying was “obviously illegal.” But, as usual, those handful of dissenters are drowned out by the long line of political figures from both parties — including Democrats in super safe seats — which eagerly forms in order, out of a mix of cowardice and conviction, to defend the civil liberties assaults:
- Sen. Chuck Schumer stands up for the NYPD’s fight against terrorism Finally, after weeks of innuendo, half-truths and distortions that have depicted the NYPD as spying on the city’s Muslim communities, an elected official has spoken the truth. There’s no there there, said Sen, Chuck Schumer of reports that the department’s Intelligence Division invasively monitored New Yorkers based on their religious beliefs. . . . Referring to Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, Schumer said: “I don’t think he has a bigoted bone in his body.” He added: “There is nothing wrong with the NYPD collecting and assessing publicly available information from New York, New Jersey, the other 48 states or around the world in the effort to prevent another terror attack like 9/11. In fact, it is widely understood that the NYPD’s actions have kept us safer. . . .”
FUKUSHIMA AT ONE YEAR: Watch Thom Hartmann's Big Picture from Thursday at their RT UTOOB channel with Kevin Kamp of BEYOND NUCLEAR Fukushima - Did we almost lose Tokyo? Then go to BEYOND NUCLEAR for Remembering Fukushima: Will you be marching against nuclear madness? Beyond Nuclear is compiling a global calendar of events, with additional details found on our March Against Nuclear Madness Facebook page. Search our listings for an event near you. Or post yours to our Facebook page or email them to email@example.com. Whether you are in Brazil or Brattleboro, there is an event for you! We will be speaking at some of these events and can provide literature to those who need additional support materials. For more detailed information about Fukushima see BEYOND NUCLEAR's Japan page.
Talking Points Memo DC reports Limbaugh Loses Advertisers After Calling Woman A ‘Slut’ Rush Limbaugh has found a way to get his name back in the headlines, directing his latest vitriol at Georgetown University law student Sandra Fluke, and losing advertisers along the way. ... Business Insider rounded up several other companies that have fielded complaints and responded to Limbaugh’s comments.
TWEET OF THE WEEK: This week's Jabba the Slut outrageous comments (see mediamatters.org) prompted Quicken Loans & Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert to tweet (Sports Illustrated's Fan Nation)
- Due to Rush Limbaugh's inflammatory comments along w/valuable feedback from our clients & staff, Quicken Loans has suspended ads on his show
And after the Blunt Amendment Vote: Contraception Measure Fails In Senate (HuffPoAOL) The National Organization for Women posted this statement One Victory Down, How Many More to Go in Ongoing Attack on Birth Control Coverage? Statement of NOW President Terry O'Neill The Senate's defeat of the so-called "Respect for Rights of Conscience Act" today saved countless U.S. women from being denied contraception coverage in their employee health plans. The amendment, which Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) tried to force through as an attachment to a must-pass transportation bill, would have allowed any employer or insurance plan, with or without religious affiliation, to refuse to cover any health care item or service they object to on the basis of "religious beliefs or moral convictions." .... Without question, the politicians who voted in favor of Blunt's amendment -- whether female or male, Republican or Democrat -- will pay a price in the voting booth. Voters know that individual women, unlike corporations, have consciences and religious convictions and that the Blunt Amendment is a direct attack on their right to birth control and other forms of reproductive health care. NOW and its allies will see to it that voters will remember this assault on basic health care and birth control. NOW is closely watching two similar bills, one authored by Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fl.) and the other co-authored by Rubio and Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.). Both bills would allow any employer to strip birth control from their health insurance plans. NOW is urging all reproductive rights supporters to contact their senators to ensure defeat of these bills.
EVE ENSLER, Tony Award winning Playwright, performer, activist, and the author of THE VAGINA MONOLOGUES, has "VDAY, a global activist movement to end violence against women and girls. V-Day is a catalyst that promotes creative events to increase awareness, raise money, and revitalize the spirit of existing anti-violence organizations. V-Day generates broader attention for the fight to stop violence against women and girls, including rape, battery, incest, female genital mutilation (FGM), and sex slavery. ....The 'V' in V-Day stands for Victory, Valentine and Vagina." See her interview with Amy Goodman below!
SCHADENFREUDE: We leave our "mourning" expressions for Andrew Breitbart's "untimely death" to MATT TAIBI at Rolling Stone
Andrew Breitbart: Death of a Douche So Andrew Breitbart is dead. Here’s what I have to say to that, and I’m sure Breitbart himself would have respected this reaction: Good! Fuck him. I couldn’t be happier that he’s dead. I say this in the nicest possible way. [...] But he also had enough of a sense of humor to appreciate why someone like me shouldn’t bother to pretend I’m sad he’s dead. He wouldn’t, in my place. So to use one of his favorite words: Good riddance, cocksucker.* Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. The Brick TeeVee Crew can only refer to the famous words of The Grinch: "STINK. STANK. STUNK!" How many of Breitbart's contemporaries now might worry that the corporate class they shill for daily will inevitably poison them too with coal, nukes, GMO food, high fructose corn syrup, trans fats, FD&C Blue No. 9, and even trans-human-pig Super Viruses? See Finally, a smoking gun connecting livestock antibiotics and superbugs By Tom Laskawy at GRIST The message is clear. Until scientists trace a particular bug from animals to humans and show precisely how it achieved resistance and moved from farm to consumer, there’s no smoking gun. Thus industry leader’s heads can remain firmly buried in the sand. Ladies and Gentlmen, we now have a smoking gun! NPR reported on it first; here’s their take:
- A study in the journal mBio, published by the American Society for Microbiology, shows how an antibiotic-susceptible staph germ passed from humans into pigs, where it became resistant to the antibiotics tetracycline and methicillin. And then the antibiotic-resistant staph learned to jump back into humans. “It’s like watching the birth of a superbug,” says Lance Price of the Translational Genomics Research Institute, or TGen, in Flagstaff, Ariz.
At HuffPoAOL Hughie Elbert Stover Arrested: Massey Official Indicted For Obstructing Mine Disaster Probe CHARLESTON, W.Va. — The security chief of a Massey Energy Co. subsidiary is charged in a federal indictment with obstructing the investigation of a 2010 explosion that killed 29 miners at the company's Upper Big Branch Mine in southern West Virginia, federal prosecutors said Monday. The indictment accuses Hughie Elbert Stover, 60, of lying to an FBI agent and a federal Mine Safety and Health Administration inspector. It also charges he ordered an employee to dispose of thousands of pages of security documents from the Raleigh County mine more than nine months after the explosion. ... The indictment was handed up Friday and unsealed Monday when Stover was arrested and later released on a $10,000 bond. Lying to the FBI is punishable by up to five years in prison, while obstruction carries a 20-year term. .... The indictment was no surprise to coal miner Clay Mullins, whose brother Rex died at Upper Big Branch. "I expected it, and I expect there'll be more because that's just the way they run their operations," Mullins said. "I hate it for that guy's family, but our families need justice. ... This is something that needs to never be forgotten." Mullins said he's frustrated that the first indictment took so long, "but I do appreciate them doing a thorough investigation." He said he wants all of those responsible to be held accountable. "The people that's responsible, I hope they do go to jail," he said. "If they broke the law, that's no different than anybody else on the street. If they violate the laws, they go to prison." ... We second that! In a related matter Jeff Goodall at Rolling Stone explains Why Obama Is Wrong About Natural Gas But I want to highlight one sentence from yesterday's speech that is dangerously misinformed. It's about natural gas, a subject that Obama has been pretty high on recently. In his State of the Union speech in January, he blew a big wet kiss to frackers and shale gas drillers everywhere, while promising to "develop [America’s gas reserves] without putting the health and safety of our citizens at risk." Yesterday, Obama touted the economic benefits of investing in clean-energy technology: "Because of the investments we’ve made, the use of clean, renewable energy in this country has nearly doubled – and thousands of Americans have jobs because of it." Then he said this: "We’re taking every possible action to develop a near 100-year supply of natural gas, which releases fewer carbons." By "carbons," I assume he is coining a new phrase for "carbon dioxide pollution." That’s O.K. He's the president; he can make up new words. But there are at least three other things wrong with this sentence. .... READ ON at Rolling Stone!
AS the GOPher primary Klown Kar makes its way to Super Tuesday David Cay Johnston dissects "front-runner" Mitt Headroom's tax plan How Romney would tax us But there’s a side to the plan that would raise taxes on the poorest 125 million Americans while tilting tax cuts further toward the rich. President George W. Bush cut taxes for almost everyone who paid income taxes. Romney would make the Bush tax cuts permanent. But that’s only a first step. He would also raise taxes on poor families with children at home and those going to college. Romney does this by reducing benefits from the child tax credit and the earned income tax credit and by ending the American Opportunity tax credit for college education. Without these tax breaks, the poorest fifth of taxpayers would pay $157 more in taxes in 2015 than under current policy, the Tax Policy Center says in its analysis of Romney’s plan. The second poorest group would pay $82 more, according to the center, whose past work has been praised by Republicans and Democrats alike. While Romney would make these two groups — the poorest 125 million Americans — pay higher taxes, the top 60 percent all would get tax cuts. The top tenth of one percent would save, on average, $464,000 a year, the Tax Policy Center’s analysis says. His plan gives one third of his tax cuts to the top tenth of one percent of taxpayers. By comparison, Bush gave this group only one eighth of his cuts. Romney would also eliminate estate and gift taxes, a policy that I believe would damage the spirit of striving that has served us so well until now, replacing it with a new era of dynastic wealth....
See Dave on DN! below! "George Bush's plan on steroids" "No gift tax. No estate tax." Read and watch and grip those bricks! Makes you wonder how ANYONE below $300K/yr (the 99%) could VOTE for this guy! Also Andrew Levison at The DemocraticStrategist.org offers how After the primaries Democrats will be on receiving end of a propaganda campaign of a scope and ferocity unparalleled in American history. Dems must anticipate this onslaught and begin now to plan how best to respond. The Republican primary campaign has provided a foretaste of the bitter and divisive super-PAC driven media tactics that will be used against Obama in the fall. The fundamental and inescapable fact is that Democrats will be on the receiving end of a propaganda campaign of a scope and ferocity unparalleled in American history. Democrats must begin planning now how they will respond. Read the entire memo (pdf). Also of interest is The Atlantic's Wendy Kaminer The New York Times' Disingenuous Campaign Against Citizens United and Ryan Grim at HuffPoAOL Democracy Alliance Dumps Progressive Organizations The decision to drop certain groups was delivered to those affected last week. Among the ones axed are Robert Greenwald's Brave New Foundation, James Rucker's Citizen Engagement Lab, Melanie Sloan's Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (known as CREW), Third Way, the Center for Progressive Leadership, the Advancement Project, Democracia, Free Press and Simon Rosenberg's NDN, according to sources with knowledge of the situation. Groups working on issues relating directly to people of color appear to be the most dramatically affected. America Votes, which works on electing Democrats, was retained, as were the Center for Community Change, Progressive Majority and the New Organizing Institute. "Being dumped at the very time that our Koch brothers' work is coming to the fore is ironic because the biggest lesson I've learned from the Koch brothers is that funding wide and funding deep is the way to create fundamental social change," said Greenwald, whose recent documentary investigations have drawn attention to the two wealthy GOP donors who have raised at least $100 million to defeat Obama in 2012. "What I've seen over and over again with the Koch brothers is they understand you don't just fund one element. You fund the ideas through think tanks, the activists through grassroots organizations. You fund the pundits who go on and talk about these things. You fund the electoral work," Greenwald added. "It's tragic that Democracy Alliance is cutting back on the spectrum of what's being funded at the very time that the Koch brothers and others have made clear how necessary it is to have a broad range of funding [for] different progressive organizations and institutions." For our LAST WORD we go to Josef Anvil's Favorite Techdirt Posts Of The Week from the the-web-kids-revolution-was-not-televised dept We've come to the end of another week at Techdirt, and I have to say that for once, I'm not completely outraged about "the system." The reason for my renewed sense of optimism comes from stringing together my favorite Techdirt posts for the week. Hmmm. I just reread that and it didn't seem right, as I don't really have a list of favorite posts for the week. Instead I see quite a few posts that all support my single FAVORITE post of the week. Yes, there is one single clear winner this week that really needs to be addressed. Before I talk about that post, I want to look at the framework around it and will try to be quick. ...... So where does all of this lead? To Glyn Moody's article about the "We, the Web Kids" manifesto, my FAVORITE post of the week and possibly my favorite post EVER on Techdirt. This one article encapsulates almost everything that is discussed in this forum. Whether the debate is about SOPA/PIPA/ACTA/TPP or TSA or RIAA/MPAA or WIPO or Google or Facebook, we have to accept the fact that we are all far more connected than ever before, some of us are even hyperconnected, and it has changed us. We no longer just accept the opinions of "authority," we want FACTS, we want data, we want the truth (or close as possible). This article details a fundamental shift in the way people THINK, and it's not just the "web kids." Personally, I didn't grow up with the web, but I'm certainly not so blind as to miss how integrated into my life it is. Before the web, I didn't talk to people all over the world on a daily basis, now I do. How I consume media is completely different, as I get to choose what, when, how, and why. In other words, the way things are done has CHANGED because of the internet. This manifesto is a wake up call to politicians and corporations around the world. Your citizens and consumers have changed. They are becoming or have become a part of the digital era. They Skype, Tweet, FB, and IM their ideas, opinions, and comments without giving much thought about the process. They Google everything, they shop on their phones, they record video and post it before the "real news" can, they text while in meetings, they create with Gimp and NVU, they work with OpenOffice, and they consume media thru Netflix, HULU, Spotify, Grooveshark, HuffPo, and YouTube. They want to throw away physical storage and move stuff into the "cloud," if you let them. They don't want to hear that consumers shouldn't dictate the market, because they know how to write reviews and share information. They don't want to hear about laws being bought, and are willing to speak out and challenge the "old ways." .... Sadly, because the content industry controls the broadcast medium, the digital revolution was not televised. Great Video! Naturally the Beltway Bubalas have no clue as they parade out the Klown Kar Kontestants featuring SICK "Frothy Mixture" SANITARIUM on FAKE SNOOZE and GNEWT "Contract ON America" GINGRICH on This Snufagopolis, Meet the David, Face the Bob and State of the Candy as GNEWT hangs his campaign on the Georgia Primary on Tuesday. Joining GNEWT on Face the Bob and State of the Candy is former gynecologist RON PAUL while Meet the David gets a cage match between DEBBIE WASSERMAN SCHULTZ and Theocracy Thug ERIC CANTOR. Look for HOWARD DEAN and CHRISTIANNE ANAMPOUT on This Snufagopolis as well. Great stuff at our regular features especially BRAD FRIEDMAN with the Young Turks and Peter B Collins and Our Man in Pipleineistan PEPE ESCOBAR on AntiWarRadio who also has PHIL GERALDI and GRANT SMITH who has a preview of pResident Not Sure speaking at an AIPAC conference as he hosts Israeli prime minister Binyamin Netanyahu this week while Israel confirms plans to test missile system as Obama meeting looms. If you happen to be in the D.C. area do hook up with Occupy AIPAC! And if you're in any of the Super Tuesday states make sure to vote at least for the issues if you don't have a good candidate running in a primary in your district. And watch out for any sneaky Board of Ed, state congresscritters, judges and local GOPher henchmen that might be on yer ballot! We're pushing for DENNIS to win his primary on Tuesday in the newly GOP-redistricted OH-9 against Marcy Kaptur of the House Defense, Agriculture, Transportation/Housing and Urban Development (HUD) subcommittees. Can you guess who might be bankrolling her campaign? Visit kucinich.us to help out and give yer support! Stay safe stay active and OCCUPY SOMEWHERE! See you next week!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
»»» Author Walter Mosley @ Democracy NOW! Author Walter Mosley on Writing Mystery Novels, Political Revelation, Racism and Pushing Obama Feb 27, 2012
»»» John Wendle, freelance reporter for Time @ Democracy NOW! Report from Kabul: Deadly Protests over U.S. Koran Burning May Be Turning Point for U.S. Occupation Feb 28, 2012
»»» Kristinn Hrafnsson, a WikiLeaks spokesperson & Andy Bichlbaum, member of The Yes Men @ Democracy NOW! WikiLeaks: Leaked Emails Expose Inner Workings of Private Intelligence Firm Stratfor, a "Shadow CIA" RELATED WikiLeaks: "Private Spies" Stratfor Helped Dow Chemical Monitor Bhopal Activists, The Yes Men & Michael Ratner Feb 28, 2012 AND Leaked Stratfor Email Suggests Secret U.S. Indictment of WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange Feb 29, 2012. And Amy Goodman with Denis Moynihan Wikileaks vs. Stratfor: Pursue The Truth, Not Its Messenger March 1, 2012
»»» Salil Shetty @ Democracy NOW! Amnesty International’s Salil Shetty: Arms Embargo, Human Rights Monitors Needed for Syria Crisis Feb 29, 2012
»»» Karen Lewis, Aaron Pallas & Jaisal Noor @ Democracy NOW! Occupy Education: Teachers, Students Resist School Closings, Privatizations, Layoffs and Rankings March 1, 2012
»»» Leila Mendez, a member of Pilsen Environmental Rights and Reform Organization @ Democracy NOW! Chicago Residents Win Closure of Toxic Coal-Fired Power Plants After Health Ailments Spark Campaign March 1, 2012
»»» Reuters' David Cay Johnston @ Democracy NOW! David Cay Johnston: "Romney’s Tax Plan is George W. Bush on Steroids" March 1, 2012
»»» Dr. Willie Parker & Terry O'Neill @ Democracy NOW! Senate Narrowly Defeats Anti-Contraception Bill as Reproductive Rights Come Under Sustained Attack March 2, 2012
»»» Eve Ensler @ Democracy NOW! One Billion Rising: V-Day’s Eve Ensler Launches Global Day of Action, Dance Against Women’s Violence
»»» LaMatthew Delmont, assistant professor of American studies at Scripps College in California @ Democracy NOW! Despite Rep for Integration, TV’s Iconic "American Bandstand" Kept Black Teens Off Its Stage March 2, 2012
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW The Laura Flanders Show...coming soon! After three years in daily production, GRITtv is transforming into the Laura Flanders Show, for distribution online and on public TV later this year.
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» PBA on ESPN It's the GEICO SHARK OPEN! Coverage begins at 3 pm et
»»» NASCAR on FOX Phoenix International Raceway! Coverage begins 2:30 pm et
»»» NBA on ABC, ESPN Four games Sunday for NBA junkies! ABC has Knicks @ Celtics 1 pm et followed by Heat @ Lakers, then at 7 pm et ESPN has Bulls @ Sixers followed by Nuggets @ Spurs at 9:30 pm et
»»» NBA on TNTDouble-header Thursday! Magic @ Bulls 8 pm et then Mavs @ Suns 10:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms “the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.” When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
October2011.org Sign the Petition to Get the 99% Deficit Proposal Heard in Congress
- Please SIGN THE PETITION in support of the "99%'s Deficit Proposal" and plan direct actions to tell the Super Committee that the 99% have better solutions to our nation's crises. You can plan your own action at your Congressmember's office or join us in Freedom Plaza in Washington, DC for marches to Capitol Hill. Check our calendar for announcements.
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.org A Push for Privacy in the Wake of the Carrier IQ Controversy Remember Carrier IQ, the company that makes the secret spying software that’s installed on more than 140 million phones? You know, the software that can record our most sensitive personal data? ... Thanks in part to the 22,000 people who joined Free Press’ call for a congressional investigation, some of those questions are closer to being answered and mobile users are closer to being protected. The protection comes in the form of a bill from Massachusetts Rep. Ed Markey. Markey released a draft of a bill called the “Mobile Device Privacy Act” that would require phone companies to disclose to users just what is being done with all of their data. If the bill passes, an opt-out provision would go into effect a year later and would require companies to allow users to opt out of data-collection schemes like the one developed by Carrier IQ........
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net And Alan Grayson is running again in FL-8! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Manning-Lamo Chat Logs Revealed at wired.com plus The Deeply Personal Details in New Bradley Manning Chat Logs and Bradley Manning Support Network Much more at link.
UPDATE! ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton Emma Cape February 18, 2012: Emma Cape, Campaign Organizer for the Bradley Manning Support Network, discusses whistleblower Manning’s arraignment (open to the public) on February 23rd at Fort Meade, Maryland, beginning his court-martial; the evidence and witnesses withheld from Bradley’s defense team; the 2008 Obama voters who are demanding the president support Manning – or else lose their votes in 2012; and the “aiding the enemy through indirect means” charge that, combined with other charges, could give Manning a life sentence. UPDATE FROM DN! Headlines Friday Feb 24, 2012 Accused U.S. Army whistleblower Private Bradley Manning was arraigned in a military court on Thursday on charges stemming from the alleged disclosure of classified material to WikiLeaks. Manning faces 22 charges, including aiding the enemy, for allegedly downloading and passing on thousands of classified files that later appeared on the WikiLeaks website. Manning deferred his plea on all charges and also deferred his decision on whether to appear before a military judge or a military jury. A trial could come as late as August.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
AFGHANISTAN: 1,909 US Military Dead as of March 2, 2012
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) anchor George Stephanopoulos
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Republican contender Newt Gingrich
• Obama campaign senior adviser David Axelrod
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC's Christiane Amanpour and George Will, political strategist and ABC News contributor Donna Brazile, political strategist and ABC News political analyst Matthew Dowd, Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan, former Vermont Governor and founder of Democracy for America Howard Dean, and The Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer this Sunday: Live from Miami
• Republican Presidential Candidate Newt Gingrich
• Republican Presidential Candidate Ron Paul
• ROUNDTABLE: Michael Gerson of the Washington Post and CBS News's Chief White House Correspondent Norah O'Donnell and Political Director John Dickerson
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Stuxnet - The sophisticated computer worm that sabotaged Iran's nuclear program is now out there, its idea and methods exposed to terrorists or rogue nations who could use them to create their own cyberweapon. Steve Kroft reports. Graham Messick is the producer.
• The Archbishop of Dublin -The sex abuse crisis in the Irish Catholic Church has rocked one of the most Catholic countries in the world and turned the archbishop of Dublin into an outspoken critic of the church. Bob Simon reports. Tom Anderson is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich
• Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va)
• DNC Chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz
• ROUNDTABLE: Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed, GOP strategist Mike Murphy, Time Magazine’s Mark Halperin, and NBC’s Savannah Guthrie.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Newt Gingrich
• Ron Paul
• CNN Senior Congressional Correspondent Dana Bash
• CNN Senior Political Analyst Ron Brownstein
• former U.S. Ambassador to Israel Martin Indyk
• former Under Secretary of State Nick Burns
• Rep. C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger (D-Maryland).
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!!!!! Bob IS BACK, fresh off a successful trip to DC! And of course the rest of the H.O.R.N. family chimes in! Listen HERE (mp3) NOW! Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - March 1, 2012 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: March roars in like a lion, bringing an early tornado season; Good news for breathers: Chicago coal plants to shut down; Americans belief in global warming rises with the temperature; Controversial Keystone XL pipeline would raise US gas prices; PLUS: Obama says no more free taxpayer money for Big Oil ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): 'Hockey-stick' author's counterstrike in the climate wars; FEMA Admin: ‘We need to forcefully communicate the risk we face’; Billionaire Koch's accuse Obama campaign of intimidation; Arctic ice cap melting faster; $5 a gallon gas?; Shell's pre-emptive strike against enviro groups ... PLUS: How to feed 7 billion of us without ruining the planet ... and much, MUCH more! ...
BRADCAST! Guest Hosting 'Malloy Show' Tuesday!
- MI & AZ PRIMARY RESULTS, or what they are reported to be, anyway. Also, just some of the reasons why you should be concerned that those reported results may not be what they are reported to be!
- GOV. BUDDY ROEMER, who is on GOP Presidential ballot both MI & AZ tonight, but who has recently left the party for a Reform Party candidacy and a run for the Americans Elect nomination.
- FRED KARGER, who is on the GOP Presidential ballot in MI and, unlike Roemer, still a member of the party for some reason. He's also the first openly gay Presidential candidate and the guy who alerted the world to Mitt Romney's apparent voter fraud in MA!
- PLUS! Depending on how MI and AZ is looking, some additional, last minute guests; lost op-scan votes in NY; Indiana's GOP Sec. of State getting off scot-free for voter fraud; "Webster's Follies" in Maine; no dead voters in SC; criminal probe closing in on Scott Walker in WI; and more you need to know about! Along with your phone calls over your public airwaves at 877-520-1150 and your tweets to @TheBradBlog!...
- MI & AZ PRIMARY RESULTS, or what they are reported to be, anyway. Also, just some of the reasons why you should be concerned that those reported results may not be what they are reported to be!
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Podcast 394 Boiling Frogs: Ex-CIA Officer Philip Giraldi on NDAA, Whistleblower Prosecutions, Much More This is the next episode in the Boiling Frogs interview series, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds. Former CIA officer Philip Giraldi on recent developments in the emerging American police state.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! March 2, 2012
• Truthout contributor Dean Baker will be here to tell us how Republicans are trying to use rising gas prices to smear President Obama.
• Investigative journalist Seth Freed Wessler will give us some insight into the New York Police Department’s spying activities – where they actively targeted law-abiding Muslim students.
• Attorney Peter Mougey will tell us about the rampant foreclosure fraud taking place across the country.
• And Ed Pilkington from The Guardian will tell us about the latest developments in the News International / Rupert Murdoch bribery scandal.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Santorum Still Living In The Dark Ages Rick Santorum has managed to go longer than any other GOP candidate without any serious media scrutiny, mostly because until a few weeks ago, nobody thought that he was a serious contender. But now that he’s the latest front-runner in the GOP race, stories are beginning to surface about his backwards, hateful beliefs. This is a man who wants to take away all of the social gains made by women over the last 100 years. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Mike Papantonio talks more about Santorum’s fringe beliefs with best-selling author Cliff Schecter.
• VIDEO! Sam Seder: The Deception of the Super Rich Republicans always want to paint executives and the wealthy as victims of class warfare in the media. They tell us how these employers have been gracious enough to give us jobs, and that should be enough for us to love them. But behind closed doors, these executives are doing everything possible to squeeze every last drop of productivity from their workers, while slashing benefits and pay. That’s the dirty little secret that Republicans don’t want you to know about, and Sam Seder recently spoke with Daily Kos Labor Editor Laura Clawson about how the super rich are playing mister nice guy to the public, while extracting everything possible from their workers in private.
• Support Those Who Support Progressive Media! 2011 has certainly been a great year for Ring of Fire, and we’ve had some great sponsors that have helped support the show throughout the year. We wanted to take the time to personally thank each and every one of them, and we encourage all of our listeners to take the time to support those who have support us.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 8-11 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• Juan Cole on Syria, the Qur’an Burning Protests in Afghanistan & Middle East Unrest [02•27•12]
• 'Rupert Murdoch' Calls In, Offers Son to Go to Jail [02•28•12]
• Dave Weigel on Mitt Romney's 'Wins' in Michigan & Arizona [02•29•12]
• Michael Hastings on Homeland Security Tracking Occupy Wall Street [02•29•12]
• Uncovering Our Food System with Tracie McMillan [03•01•12]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV PLUS here is Max Keiser’s official Facebook page And here is the official Keiser Report page
• ETF: WAR – The Angry Arab reporting on some explosive Aljazeera propaganda footage? by stacyherbert - Apparently there is some footage that was leaked by someone from inside Aljazeera; and according to the Angry Arab, this footage is now being shown in Syria and shows “staging of events of calling a civilian an “officer” in the Syrian army, of faking injuries and feeding statements to people before airtime, etc.” HERE and HERE. It’s hard to know as, of course, if this is true, no Western media, certainly not the Guardian or the New York Times which are most agitating for war, would ever cover this; so you turn to the bloggers. I recommend the Angry Arab blog as he is VERY against all the dictators and monarchs of the Middle East but is just as against propaganda, misinformation and disinformation. So anyway, he’s a useful resource when trying to figure out who the Syrian National Council and the alleged Free Syrian Army are, for example. As Max proposed below, there should be an etf called WAR. And much of the media coverage should be viewed as the shiny prospectus trying to sell you on this new shiny war sure to bail us out on our losses on the last war.
• This should be an ETF: WAR by maxkeiser READ Ten Companies Profiting Most from War (247wallst.com)
• The number of Americans living in poverty just hit another record high of 46.5 million, an increase of 384,000 in one month. by maxkeiser READ iFoodstamps (zerohedge)
•Satyajit Das on The Economist as Pravda For the Financial Innovating Con-men by stacyherbert - Stacy Summary: Interesting piece by Das, who we will be interviewing for our Keiser Report that airs next Tuesday. READ Satyajit Das:
PravdaThe Economist’s Take on Financial Innovation (nakedcapitalism)
• KEISER REPORT [KR254] Keiser Report: Bubbling Economy We discuss market participating rally monkeys, market regulating surrender monkeys, economic policy making suicide monkeys and Greek ministry website hacking cheeky monkeys. In the second half of the show, Max talks to David Hales about ending top down Central Bank imposed financial and economic systems with peer to peer economics.
• KEISER REPORT [KR255] Keiser Report: Weed Out Wall St. Crooks We discuss ‘no wrongdoing’ settlements, defrauding school children and a morbidly obese, bedridden Volcker Rule. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Karl Denninger of the Market-Ticker.org about rigging Libor, ruining Volcker and shorting Facebook.
• KEISER REPORT [KR256] Keiser Report: Copyright Dictatorship & Jack-Booted Accountants We discuss pirating Repo Man and jack-booted accountants here to help you. In the second half of the show, Max talks to J.S. Kim of SmartKnowledgeU.com about silver, gold and market manipulation.
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: D.I.C.s and Hackers We discuss the Stratfor bimbo, the bank that is in bed with it and Wikileaks as the modern day Gutenberg press. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Andy Bichlbaum of TheYesMen.org about Stratfor, culture jamming and targeting the system’s bottom line.
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with David DeGraw – The Origin of the 99% Movement Posted on February 25, 2012 by stacyherbert
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-353] The Truth About Max Keiser’s Self-Immolation Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Pepe Escobar February 28, 2012: Globetrotting journalist Pepe Escobar discusses “A Separation,” the first Iranian movie to win an Academy Award; the suspiciously-timed announcement of a plot to assassinate Vladimir Putin, just days before Russia’s presidential election; Pepe’s article “What is Iran’s Supreme Leader’s Game;” the Green movement’s exclusion from Iran’s parliamentary elections; why a US/Israeli war with Iran could bring Russia and China into the fray; and how GCC’s support for Syria’s opposition is fomenting a prolonged civil war.
• Grant F. Smith March 01, 2012: Grant F. Smith, director of the Institute for Research: Middle Eastern Policy, discusses the “Occupy AIPAC” counter-summit in Washington, D.C. from March 2-6; his article “The Mossad Has Long Given Marching Orders to AIPAC;” the fine line between a domestic lobby and a foreign-controlled intelligence operation; and how constant warmongering and talk of “existential threats” gets AIPAC’s hardcore American donors to open their wallets.
• Philip Giraldi March 01, 2012: Former CIA officer Philip Giraldi discusses the unusual NY Times headline acknowledging that Iran is not making nuclear weapons; the possible reasons why the Times ran James Risen’s piece instead of the usual scaremongering from David Sanger; next week’s AIPAC Policy Conference in Washington; the questionable wisdom of pushing regime change in Syria; and the politicians, think tanks and policy papers bankrolled by pro-Israel billionaire Sheldon Adelson.
• Andy Worthington March 3, 2012: Andy Worthington, author of The Guantanamo Files, discusses his efforts to get the last two Kuwaiti prisoners released from Guantanamo; why no prisoners have left Gitmo in 14 months (except in body-bags), even though over half have been cleared for release; losing hearts and minds with arbitrary detentions and lack of habeas rights at Bagram prison in Afghanistan; and how the Bush administration’s above-the-law attitude has prevailed and “normalized” under Obama.
• Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Presidential Candidate Rick Santorum
• Armed Services Committee, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
• Armed Services Committee, Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml