Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Veep "Debate" Wrap-up This week will feature the next "debate" between Kaptain Kolob and pResident Obomber in some sort of "town hall" thang. But the LAST one will feature Foreign Policy and Mitt Romney's Neocon War Cabinet: Yet though the candidates and their views were often hard to take seriously, their statements on foreign policy reflected a more disturbing trend in the GOP. Despite facing a war-weary public, the candidates—with the exception of Ron Paul, an antiwar libertarian, and Jon Huntsman, a moderate internationalist—positioned themselves as unapologetic war hawks. That included Mitt Romney, marginally more polished than his rivals but hardly an expert. .... DO READ THIS and spread it around now!
News Dissector Danny Schechter reports for Consortium News Tribunal Weighs Crimes on Palestine A “peoples” tribunal, modeled after an examination of U.S. war crimes in Vietnam, is exploring Israel’s mistreatment of the Palestinians. Meeting in New York City, the Russell Tribunal on Palestine sometimes was legalistic but addressed frequently ignored issues, says Danny Schechter.
Over at Salon Natasha Lennard has the skinny on U.S. government sues Wells Fargo for mortgage fraud The U.S. government filed a complaint in a Manhattan federal court Tuesday against Wells Fargo & Co., the largest U.S. bank, alleging fraud. According to Bloomberg, which broke the news:The government seeks damages and civil penalties … for alleged misconduct spanning more than a decade related to the San Francisco-based bank’s participation in a Federal Housing Administration program, U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara in Manhattan said in a statement. “As the complaint alleges, yet another major bank has engaged in a longstanding and reckless trifecta of deficient training, deficient underwriting and deficient disclosure, all while relying on the convenient backstop of government insurance,” Bharara said in the statement. Wells Fargo is not the only banking giant facing a major civil suit right now. As Salon noted late last month, a joint federal and state task force sued JPMorgan Chase alleging deceptive practices related to the sale of mortgage-backed securities. Both the Wells Fargo and JPMorgan suits, since they are civil suits, cannot result in jail time for bankers and can only expect to exact monetary penalties from the institutions. Although many welcome the government going after Wall Street, critical pundits have raised questions about the timing, noting that the Obama administration might be projecting a tough-on-banks stance with the election countdown in mind. Hmmmmmmm.
XL PIPELINE UPDATE: Kevin Gosztola write at FDL's The Dissenter blog TransCanada Transforms Area Around Tar Sands Blockade into Police State In East Texas, TransCanada, a multinational energy corporation, has transformed property surrounding the easement it has control over for construction of the Keystone XL oil pipeline into a police state, according to the Tar Sands Blockade. Enlisted off-duty police officers are intimidating, harassing and arresting just about anyone they think is trespassing, even if those people happen to be on property they own. And, officers who are acting as armed henchmen for TransCanada have arrested three journalists in the past twenty-four hours for simply being there to report on resistance to the pipeline construction. The Tar Sands Blockade has been resisting construction of the pipeline for sixteen days. The Blockade has a tree village and are up along a timber wall. They have materials and supplies so they can stand in the way of TransCanada’s attempts to destroy forest and land to build a pipeline for the distribution of tar sands oil. In the past week, police have surrounded the area preventing any supplies, like food or water, from getting to Blockaders. Though the Blockaders currently have what they need, they are isolated and the police have no interest in their health or well-being. ..... Landowners, Seifert said, are having their land patrolled and residents that simply want to go from one side of their farm to another and are being told if they set foot on their own property they are going to be arrested. An easement contract is right to use property that is not owned. It is like a telephone or gas company being able to walk on property to do maintenance (except in those cases the telephone and gas companies are not typically destroying land so they can put something in the ground that will likely pollute the environment around the property). If telephone companies hired a patrol to rove around and round up people they did not want near them when they were doing maintenance, it would be outrageous. That is what TransCanada is doing, Seifert explained. “A foreign corporation is saying this is our land. We get to decide who can and cannot be on it at all times,” Seifert outlined. “If you disagree with what we are doing, we’re going to have you arrested because we bought out the local police department and we’re paying them directly by the hour to work for us." ..... Go read all of this!
GOPher FAMILY VALUES? John Celock at HuffPoAOL tells us Charlie Fuqua, Arkansas Legislative Candidate, Endorses Death Penalty For Rebellious Children In Book Charlie Fuqua, the Republican candidate for the Arkansas House of Representatives who called for expelling Muslims from the United States in his book, also wrote in support for instituting the death penalty for "rebellious children." In "God's Law," Fuqua's 2012 book, the candidate wrote that while parents love their children, a process could be set up to allow for the institution of the death penalty for "rebellious children," according to the Arkansas Times. Fuqua, who is anti-abortion, points out that the course of action involved in sentencing a child to death is described in the Bible and would involve judicial approval. While it is unlikely that many parents would seek to have their children killed by the government, Fuqua wrote, such power would serve as a way to stop rebellious children. According to the Arkansas Times, Fuqua wrote: The maintenance of civil order in society rests on the foundation of family discipline. Therefore, a child who disrespects his parents must be permanently removed from society in a way that gives an example to all other children of the importance of respect for parents. The death penalty for rebellious children is not something to be taken lightly. The guidelines for administering the death penalty to rebellious children are given in Deut 21:18-21: ..... Even though this procedure would rarely be used, if it were the law of land, it would give parents authority. Children would know that their parents had authority and it would be a tremendous incentive for children to give proper respect to their parents. ..... "I think my views are fairly well-accepted by most people," Fuqua said to AP. Fuqua declined to answer questions from The Huffington Post. "I'm not going to talk to you," he said before hanging up. .....
WAIT! There's more! Stephen C. Webster at Raw Story finds Ryan-endorsed Wisconsin Republican: ‘Some girls rape so easy’ .... According to quotes reported by the Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, Rivard explained: He also told me one thing, ‘If you do (have premarital sex), just remember, consensual sex can turn into rape in an awful hurry.’ Because all of a sudden a young lady gets pregnant and the parents are madder than a wet hen and she’s not going to say, ‘Oh, yeah, I was part of the program.’ All that she has to say or the parents have to say is it was rape because she’s underage. And he just said, ‘Remember, Roger, if you go down that road, some girls,’ he said, ‘they rape so easy.’ What the whole genesis of it was, it was advice to me, telling me, ‘If you’re going to go down that road, you may have consensual sex that night and then the next morning it may be rape.’ So the way he said it was, ‘Just remember, Roger, some girls, they rape so easy. It may be rape the next morning.’ Responding to Rivard’s comment, Jenni Dye, executive director of NARAL Pro-Choice Wisconsin, pointed out that Rivard voted against the Healthy Youth Act, a bill that would have required fact-based sexual education on an age-appropriate basis. “Attitudes like those on display in Rivard’s statements are exactly why it is essential that sex education programs for Wisconsin youth include comprehensive and accurate information,” she said in prepared text. “Rivard’s statements are emblematic of the attitude advanced by many Republican legislators that women cannot be trusted regarding rape, decisions about their healthcare, or reproductive choice.” As it turns out, Rivard’s reelection efforts were recently endorsed by GOP vice presidential nominee Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI). ..... Update: Ryan pulls his endorsement..... No kidding?
WAR ON WOMEN UPDATE: Tara Culp-Ressler reports for thinkprogress Oklahoma Cuts Off Federal Funding For Planned Parenthood The Oklahoma State Department of Heath has just announced that it will end its WIC contract with the state’s Planned Parenthood affiliates, effectively cutting off the federal funding that the organization’s clinics rely on to provide health services to low-income women. .... Jill June, the president of Planned Parenthood of Greater Iowa, told the Tulsa World that she believes the decision to end WIC funding to her organization was politically motivated, as anti-choice legislators across the country work to target Planned Parenthood affiliates as a central tactic in their ongoing War on Women: “We’re going to do whatever we can to preserve our ability to continue to serve these women and children, because we know that’s what they want and we know that we are a very good provider,” [June] said. ... “I think we deserve some answers, but, more importantly, the women who come to Planned Parenthood, they shouldn’t be caught up in what I fear is a political attack,” June said. .... Just as in Texas, Oklahoma’s Planned Parenthood facilities do not actually perform abortions — in fact, they provide critical preventative care like cancer screening and contraceptive services to low-income women who would otherwise be unable to afford that type of care. .... Of course there's more! Stephanie Mencimer writes for MoJo Ryan Sponsored Abortion Bill That Would Make Romney's Kids Criminals .... The Sanctity of Human Life Act, which Ryan co-sponsored, would have enshrined the notion that life begins at fertilization in federal law, thus criminalizing in vitro fertilization—the process of creating an embryo outside of a woman's womb. ..... In May, Romney's son Tagg became father of twin boys thanks to help from IVF and a surrogate mother. Tagg's son Jonathan was also produced this way. Two of Tagg's brothers reportedly have struggled with infertility issues and resorted to IVF as well. It's hard to imagine that Romney will score any points with voters by tapping a running mate whose anti-abortion views are so extreme that Romney's own kids can't live with them. Ryan's position on IVF might give President Obama an opening for attack: While Romney's running mate has advocated criminalizing a procedure that has brought untold joy to about 3 million families over the past three decades, Democrats might be able to claim credit for making advanced infertility treatments available to the vast majority of Americans who can't afford them. .... Currently, most health insurance plans don't cover infertility treatment, so IVF and other advanced baby-making technology is mostly available to rich people—like the Romney boys. One estimate puts the cost of Tagg Romney's new twins at more than $60,000, a price tag that puts IVF (and surrogate moms) totally out of reach for the average infertile couple. But Obamacare could change all that. .... The supposedly pro-life GOP candidates want to turn infertile couples into criminals for trying to have a baby. The Democrats want to help them pay for it.
TPMMuckraker Ryan J. Reilly reports Husted To Appeal Ohio Early Voting Ruling To Supreme Court Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted announced Tuesday that he will appeal a court ruling which restored access to early voting during the three days before the election. An appeals court ruled Friday that Ohio must treat all voters the same as it treats military members or people who live overseas. Husted called the ruling “an unprecedented intrusion by the federal courts into how states run elections” in a press release on Tuesday. .... The 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled last week that “while there is a compelling reason to provide more opportunities for military voters to cast their ballots, there is no corresponding satisfactory reason to prevent non-military voters from casting their ballots as well.” ..... Late update: Bob Bauer, general counsel for the Obama campaign, issued this statement: "....The Secretary of State has now chosen to extend the litigation and to ask the United States Supreme Court to intervene just four weeks before the election. We have no reason to believe that he will meet with any more success now than before. It is a shame that the Secretary would not have committed his office’s energy instead to implementing the outstanding court orders and administering the orderly and effective early voting process that has served Ohio voters so well since 2005." More on this story below at BradBlog!
TAXING FAITH? NYT's MELISSA EDDY reports German Catholic Church Links Tax to the Sacraments BERLIN — It is a paradox of modern Germany that church and state remain so intimately tied. That bond persists more and more awkwardly, it seems, as the church’s relationship with followers continues to fray amid growing secularization. Last week one of Germany’s highest courts rankled Catholic bishops by ruling that the state recognized the right of Catholics to leave the church — and therefore avoid paying a tax that is used to support religious institutions. The court ruled it was a matter of religious freedom, while religious leaders saw the decision as yet another threat to their influence on modern German society. With its ruling the court also dodged the thorny issue of what happens when a parishioner formally quits the church, stops paying taxes, but then wants to attend services anyway. The court said that, too, was a matter of religious freedom, a decision that so rankled religious leaders fearful of losing a lucrative revenue stream that they made clear, right away, that taxes are the price for participation in the church’s most sacred rituals: no payments, no sacraments. .... Then Tom Heneghan, Religion Editor for Reuters adds German court backs Catholic Church against tax opt-outs Germany's top administrative court agreed with Roman Catholic bishops on Wednesday that German believers who refuse to pay a special church tax could be shut out of Catholic worship. The verdict, based on German corporate law, upheld the system by which the state collects religious taxes from registered Catholics, Protestants and Jews with their monthly returns and distributes them to the religious communities. Reformist Catholics have decried the tax, introduced in the 19th century to compensate for confiscated church properties, as a "pay to pray" system. Conservative critics have asked why tax opt-outs are shut out but dissenting theologians are not. "Whoever wants to officially leave a religious community that is registered as a statutory corporation cannot limit this withdrawal to the statutory corporation and remain a member of the faith community," said the Federal Administrative Court in Leipzig, the top appeals court in such issues. The Church hailed the verdict as confirmation of its tax rule, which the bishops reconfirmed last week with a decree saying members who opted out of the tax could not receive sacraments, work in the Church or have a religious burial. So it seems that if you want to "get the sacraments" you have to pay the tax or be shut out of mass! No cash, no communion for you!
The NYT's SHARON LaFRANIERE and MIKE McINTIRE report As Romney Repeats Trade Message, Bain Maintains China Ties The tale of Asimco Technologies, an auto parts manufacturer whose plants dot eastern China, would seem to underscore Mitt Romney’s campaign-trail complaint that China’s manufacturing juggernaut is costing America jobs. .... But there is a twist to the Asimco story that would not fit neatly into a Romney stump speech: Since 2010, it has been owned by Bain Capital, the private equity firm founded by Mr. Romney, who has as much as $2.25 million invested in three Bain funds with large stakes in Asimco and at least seven other Chinese businesses, according to his 2012 candidate financial disclosure and other documents. That and other China-related holdings by Bain funds in which Mr. Romney has invested are a reminder of how he inhabits two worlds that at times have come into conflict during his campaign for the White House. As a candidate, Mr. Romney uses China as a punching bag. .... But his private equity dealings, both while he headed Bain and since, complicate that message. Mr. Romney’s campaign insists he has no control over his investments since they are held in a blind trust. That said, a confidential prospectus for one of the Bain funds, obtained by The New York Times, promotes China as a good investment for some of the same reasons that Mr. Romney has said concern him: “Strong fundamentals” like manufacturing wages 85 percent lower than what Americans earn, vast foreign exchange reserves and the likelihood that China will surpass the United States as the world’s largest economy. “Accordingly, Bain Capital expects to see an increasing array of high-growth companies available for investment,” the prospectus says, noting the relative dearth of private equity in China. Among the companies in which the Bain funds have invested is a global auto parts maker that is in the process of closing a factory in Illinois and moving most of the equipment and jobs to Jiangsu Province, where the Chinese government has built it a new plant; a Chinese electronics retailer accused by Microsoft of selling computers with pirated software; and a Hong Kong-based Chinese appliance maker that was sued for copying another company’s design for a deep-fat fryer. Asked if Mr. Romney sees any conflict between his Bain investments in China and his policy positions, the campaign said: “Only the president has the power to level the playing field with China. No private citizen can do that alone.” ...... Last year, Mr. Romney’s trust sold its stake in an array of foreign holdings, including two Chinese state-owned companies: an oil company and a bank that have done business in Iran. But Mr. Romney continues to have money in Bain funds with sizable holdings in China. He has as much as $250,000 in the Bain Capital Asia Fund and as much as $1 million each in Bain Capital Funds IX and X, all Cayman Islands entities used by Bain to make sizable investments in China, according to the 2012 candidate financial disclosures and confidential Bain prospectuses obtained by The Times through a public records request. ..... Much more! Go read all of it!
Will Oremus reports for Slate Google Image Search For "Completely Wrong" Brings Up Page Full Of Mitt Romney Photos After getting pummeled in the polls for videotaped remarks in which he said that 47 percent of Americans view themselves as "victims" and want government handouts, Mitt Romney decided last week to distance himself from that sentiment, calling his previous statements "completely wrong." He seems to have succeeded in getting the word out—perhaps even more than he intended. To the amusement of his critics, a Google image search for the term "completely wrong" now returns a page full of Romney images. ..... The difference is that this doesn't seem to be the work of a prankster or political foe. As far as I can tell, Romney's association with "completely wrong" is a natural product of Google's search algorithms in action. So many news outlets picked up his retraction of the "47 percent" comments that those articles simply dominate the top results. In other words, this is entirely self-inflicted. ..... Update, 3:11 p.m.: A Google spokesman confirms that this is not an intentional "Google bomb." The search results for "completely wrong" are the natural result of a flurry of recent news articles associating Romney with the phrase. How long this will persist, then, simply depends on how long the quote stays in the news—and, to a lesser extent, how many bloggers write posts like this one, which have the effect of perpetuating the association. Sorry Mitt. Go ahead! Try it! You know you want to!
Here are a few headlines from AlterNet worth a look....
- Lynn Parramore: The Romney Men: 6 Filthy Rich Moguls Who Will Do Anything to Elect Mitt (We like this one! "Filthy Rich". Get it?)
- Les Leopold: 8 Facts That Prove Our Govt. Is Not Going Broke
- Mark Howard: 10 Conspiracy Theories Hatched by Conservative Fearmongers As Election Day Nears
- Joshua Holland: 10 Things You Should Know About the Post-Debate Polls
17 DAYS 'til All Hallow's Eve!!
- Esther Belin, Shirena Trujillo Long, Noel Altaha On Columbus Day, Indigenous Urge Celebration of Native Culture & Teaching of the Americas’ Genocide
- Dennis Banks Native American Leader Dennis Banks on the Overlooked Tragedy of Nation’s Indian Boarding Schools RELATED: Dennis Banks: Palestinian Suffering Under U.S.-Backed Occupation Recalls Plight of Native Americans
- Danny Glover Danny Glover: Record Venezuela Turnout Hands Chávez Convincing Mandate to Continue Social Agenda
- Dave Philipps, investigative reporter All the Missing Horses: Federal Gov’t Selling Wild Horses to Western Dealer Linked to Slaughter
- Tami Graham Uninsured Cancer Patient Saved by Little-Known Obamacare "Bridge" Program on Pre-Existing Conditions
- John Weisheit of Living Rivers & Colorado Riverkeeper and Ashley Anderson, founder and director of Before It Starts As Texas Pipeline Blockade Continues, Activists Challenge First U.S. Tar Sands Strip Mine in Utah
- Mike Compton, Wal-Mart warehouse employee in Bentonville, Arkansas & Josh Eidelson, contributing writer for Salon and In These Times Wal-Mart Workers in 12 States Stage Historic Strikes, Protests Against Workplace Retaliation
- Karri Penniston & Debi Kempel, Bainport protesters As Bain Ships Jobs to China, Bainport Protesters Arrested for Blocking Illinois Factory’s Closure
- Zach Carter, senior political economy reporter at the Huffington Post Bain Capital & Big Tobacco: Romney’s Firm Profited From U.S.-Russia Cigarette Deals & Privatizations
- Li Qiang, founder and executive director of China Labor Watch As Millions Buy iPhone 5, Chinese Workers at Apple Plant Foxconn Protest Workplace Conditions
- Jay Coghlan, executive director at Nuclear Watch New Mexico & Los Alamos lab whistleblower Chuck Montaño Birthplace of Atomic Bomb, New Mexico Remains Center of Massive U.S. Nuclear Arsenal RELATED: After Decades of Uranium Mining, Navajo Nation Struggles With Devastating Legacy of Contamination
- Michael Reynolds, creator of "Earthship Biotecture""Earthship Biotecture": Renegade New Mexico Architect’s Radical Approach to Sustainable Living
- Tariq Ali Tariq Ali: European Union Awarded Nobel Peace Prize Despite Ties to NATO, Crippling Austerity Cuts
- Cheri Honkala, vice-presidential nominee for the Green Party & Luis Rodriguez, vice-presidential nominee for the Justice Party Expanding the VP Debate: Third-Party Candidates Challenge Biden & Ryan on War, Economy, Healthcare
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
- Lawmakers concerned about the health effects on humans from mountaintop removal coal mining set forth legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives today. Representatives Dennis Kucinich (OH), Louise Slaughter (NY), Maurice Hinchey (NY), Earl Blumenauer (OR), Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA), John Yarmuth (KY), Lynn Woolsey (CA), Judy Chu (CA), Raúl Grijalva (AZ), James Moran (VA), Michael Honda (CA), John Conyers (MI), and Keith Ellison (MN) introduced the Appalachian Communities Health Emergency (ACHE) Act [H.R. 5959] which would place a moratorium on permitting for mountaintop removal coal mining until health studies are conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services. The ACHE coalition presently consists of participants from Coal River Mountain Watch, Mountain Health and Heritage Association, and Christians for the Mountains. “We encourage you, if you’re concerned about mountaintop removal’s effect on your community’s health, to join us in making your voice heard,” said Allen Johnson, executive director of Christians for the Mountains. “Please contact us, learn about the issue, and take action to protect your community.”
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• Ohio Sen. Rob Portman
• Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden
• ROUNDTABLE: Newt Gingrich; Chris Dodd; Senior Foreign Affairs Correspondent Martha Raddatz; presidential historian Richard Norton Smith; ABC News' George Will; and Democratic strategist and ABC News Contributor Donna Brazile.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Lindsey Graham (R)
• Rep. Darrell Issa (R)
• Rep. Elijah Cummings (D)
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Aleppo - The Syrian civil war is taking lives and wrecking cities like Aleppo, the country's largest. Clarissa Ward gets inside the country to report on its civilian victims, the rebels who the West is refusing to support and Islamic militants who some fear will hijack the revolution. Ben Plesser and Harry Radliffe are the producers.
• Coming Home - Many returning veterans are getting into trouble with the law. In Texas, a creative new program offers an alternative to standard justice, which is helping to straighten out lives twisted by the stress of war. Scott Pelley reports. Ashley Velie is the producer.
• James Bond - Maybe one of the neatest tricks Agent 007 has been able to perform is keeping the James Bond film franchise alive and well for 50 years. Anderson Cooper talks to current Bond actor Daniel Craig and to Barbara Broccoli, whose family has produced the films since 1962. Tanya Simon is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• ROUNDTABLE: A special discussion looking ahead to the final three weeks of the campaign: Gov. Bob McDonnell (R-VA); Mayor Kasim Reed (D-Atlanta); Fmr. Gov Jennifer Granholm (D-MI); GOP strategist Alex Castellanos; and NBC’s Tom Brokaw
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Obama Senior campaign adviser Ed Gillespie
• Former Florida congressman Robert Wexler
• Former Chairman of the Florida Republican Party Al Cardenas
• ROUNDTABLE: CNN National Political Correspondent Jim Acosta, USA Today’s Susan Page, Grover Norquist of Americans for Tax Reform, and Bill Burton of Priorities USA.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• THORN IN THE SIDE THURSDAY!!!!! Grab a cold one and put up yer feet! Listen HERE (mp3) NOW! Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - October 2, 2012 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Paul Ryan lies about the Keystone XL pipeline; Arctic scientist cleared, Fox forgot to tell you; The Monsanto Effect: GMO crops cause a rise in superbugs and superweeds; Carmageddon 2's silver lining; PLUS: America's wilderness to remain wild --- for now ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Fracking: casualties of Chesapeake's "land grab" across America; Fish May Shrink as Oceans Warm; Oregon: Return of White Salmon Marks River’s New Direction; The eco=footprint of bio-fuels: study; The 'true cost' of electricity: fossil fuels vs. wind & solar; EPA rules create $5 of good for each $1 they cost; Obama vs. Romney: A Stark Contrast on the Environment ... PLUS: Half of Great Barrier Reef lost in 3 decades... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! OH's GOP Sec. of State To Seek U.S. Supreme Court Help to Keep All But Military From Voting During Final Three Days Before 2012 Election Jon Husted is now, officially, the new J. Kenneth Blackwell. Now UPDATED with details on Husted's application to SCOTUS...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! LA Times: 'Fired' RNC Consultant Sproul Now Hiring for GOP GOTV Campaign in THIRTY States On Thursday, we reported that the companies of Nathan Sproul, the man at the center of the GOP Voter Registration Fraud Scandal, are still at work for Republicans in some 10 states. That, despite previous claims by the RNC that they'd fired his company, Strategic Allied Consulting, after fraudulent registration forms the firm collected on behalf of the Florida GOP were discovered in 12 counties across the state late last month, and reports that employees of the company destroyed Democratic registration forms in other states.....Tonight, however, Joseph Tanfani at LATimes is reporting that, in fact, Sproul "is now hiring workers for a voter canvassing operation this fall in as many as 30 states"...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Another Voting Rights Victory in Ohio: Appellate Court Upholds Restoration of Early Voting for All on Weekend Before Election Day Via Ryan Reilly at TPM: The 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled on Friday that Ohio must make early voting during the three days before the election available to all voters if it's available to military members and voters who live overseas. The ruling upheld a lower court's decision. "The State's asserted goal of accommodating the unique situation of members of the military, who may be called away at a moment's notice in service to the nation, is certainly a worthy and commendable goal," the court ruled. "However, while there is a compelling reason to provide more opportunities for military voters to cast their ballots, there is no corresponding satisfactory reason to prevent non-military voters from casting their ballots as well." In short, the attempt by Ohio Republicans to keep Democratic-leaning voters, who turned out in droves to support Obama in 2008 on the final weekend before Election Day from voting, has failed yet again......
• BRADCAST UPDATE! VIDEO: Brad Breaks PA Photo ID & GOP Registration Fraud Scandal News on Hartmann TV Another visit on Thom Hartmann's Big Picture with new news on several developing Election Integrity stories...
• BRADCAST UPDATE! VIDEO: CBS4 Miami: The E-Vote Tabulators Still Don't Work Local reporters notice that private computer systems used to tally votes in all 50 states are still unreliable (at best). New investigative series picks up on big issue lost amid recent GOP voter suppression concerns...
• BRADCAST UPDATE! VIDEO: RT America's Special Report on Continuing E-Voting Concerns Brad is featured in the English language Russian news outlet's new special report on old concerns about e-voting and e-tabulation, once again, in this year's election...
• Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Now up to 9,600+ Election Protection posts! Find out who's counting your votes and how at ElectionIntegrity.org too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Standard Podcast October 12, 2012 Rep. Jackie Speier Reports on Efforts to End Sex Assault and Rape in the Military; Retied from State Dept., Peter van Buren Reveals the True Story of Benghazi, and Critiques Veep Debate; Gary Chew Reviews Ben Affleck’s ‘Argo’
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This week on Ring of Fire October 12, 2012
• James Meredith, the first African American admitted to the University of Mississippi, will be joining us to talk about the 50th anniversary of the integration of Ole Miss.
• Brendan Fischer, staff counsel for PR Watch, will tell us why big money donors are running away from Mitt Romney.
• And we’ll re-visit some past interviews with political legends Howard Zinn and Chalmers Johnson.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473)or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Romney Pities Himself For Being White Nobody plays the pity card better than Mitt Romney. He recently told a crowd of supporters that his life would have been a lot easier if he were Latino, because then he could get all sorts of government handouts. I guess for Mitt, being worth a quarter of a billion dollars, being white, being born into a life of privilege just isn‚t enough. Mike Papantonio talks about Mitt‚s sympathy card, and why it shows his complete disdain for all non-white Americans with Adele Stan, Washington correspondent for Alternet.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 8-11 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• October 8, 2012 Kevin Baker: Why Vote?
• October 9, 2012 Jeff Connaughton: How Wall Street Buys Washington
• October 10, 2012 Sam Debates Popular YouTube Conservative
• October 11, 2012 Sam Live From Las Vegas
• October 11, 2012 Sam Seder & Cliff Schecter Live VP Debate Commentary!
• October 12, 2012 Live From Vegas Day 2: Cliff Schecter & More!
• MORE Podcast Interviews at Majority.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV PLUS here is Max Keiser’s official Facebook page And here is the official Keiser Report page
• The official Facebook pages for Max Keiser & Keiser Report STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead. Max Keiser & Keiser Report PLUS Stacey Herbert
• The “Keiser Report” has been begging europe to do this for years by maxkeiser READ European Banks Preparing To Boycott Big Three Rating Agencies (zerohedge.com)
• CNBC’s Admission, yes: Silver market is manipulated (skip to 9:30) by maxkeiser READ CNBC Host States Silver Manipulation is a Fact, NOT a Conspiracy! sliverdoctors.com with VIDEO! Once Barclays pointed the finger at BoE as colluding on Libor manipulation (instead of denying it), the roof got ripped off decades of blatant manipulation in these markets. The dollar and U.S. bonds have been protected with Fed interference and outright manipulation; same thing in the UK. And to bolster the price for sovereign bonds, the price of Gold and Silver has been manipulated down alongside the upside price movements of worthless paper. Ratings at CNBC have been plummeting this year – as the audience is way ahead of their talking heads on these points. When CNBC admits that markets, especially silver, are rigged, the few remaining viewers they have collectively sigh; ‘I heard that on Keiser Report three years ago.’ READ CNBC: Silver and Financial Markets Are Manipulated, But So What? Jesse's Crossroads Cafe
• Catherine Austin Fitts Commentary on Financial Holocaust
• Spain’s Unfinished Transition From Dictatorship To Democracy Spain’s economic problems lie neither in the financial sector nor in the budget deficit. Both are only symptoms of deeply rooted institutional problems. Neither banks nor public workers have ruined the country, but politicians, a separate class born out of the “Transition” from the Franco dictatorship to democracy. And the old power structure is thriving under a new “democratic umbrella.” READ Spain’s Unfinished Transition From Dictatorship To Democracy (testosteronepit.com)
• Lady Gaga is a hacker Stacy Summary: The media and blogosphere was mostly perplexed, angered and bemused by Lady Gaga’s visit to Julian Assange this past week. Had they watched our interview with Richard Stallman, they would have known Lady Gaga is a hacker – according to one of the original hackers.
• KEISER REPORT [KR351] Keiser Report: Bust-a-Bankster We discuss whether it’s time to start loving bankers as former Mayor Ken Livingstone suggests and they also wonder if the flying naked short selling witch caught by religious police in Saudi Arabia is, in fact, Blythe Masters covering an oil trade. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to Aston Walker – aka the Birmingham Looter – about whether he was ever offered a deferred prosecution agreement for his crime of looting during the 2011 riots and ask whether he would have been granted immunity had he offered the loot as an infinitely rehypothecated collateralized looted H&M clothes bonds.
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Parasites Fat on Fraud We discuss STEALGORITHMIC TRADING and the very civil lawsuits that are oh so amiable, benevolent, benign, clubby, cordial, courteous and cozy but available only for financial crooks. They also discuss the mysterious algorithm with an unknown motive that accounted for 4% of all quotes on the US stock markets last week. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to Jon Najarian of OptionMonster.com about options trading, high frequency trading and naked short selling.
• KEISER REPORT [KR353] Keiser Report: Slippery Snake Split Strategy We discuss workers of the world ‘uniting’ to give up their rights and nations of the world ‘uniting’ to give up their sovereignty. And the IMF sees for Europe an Irish like future where JP Morgan, Citibank, Bank of America and the Big Four accounting firms write the laws. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to Nick Verbitsky, director of CONFIDENCE GAME, about the civil mortgage fraud suit filed against JP Morgan.
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Charles Hugh Smith
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM1253] The Truth About Trading Your Rights For Some Soon to Be Worthless Shares Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Pepe Escobar June 30, 2012: Globetrotting journalist Pepe Escobar discusses his article “Syria and Turkey’s Phantom War;” Turkey’s violation of Syrian airspace in a purposeful, measured provocation and test of Syria’s defenses; the near-invocation of NATO Article 5 and a wider war (an attack on one NATO country is an attack on all); looking for ways to bypass the UN on Syria, since China and Russia won’t let an interventionist resolution pass the Security Council; grand plans for NATO expansion in the official “Assured Security, Dynamic Engagement” plan; counterrevolutions in the Middle East and South America, as the US looks to rebuild its portfolio of client states; and how Qatar has become the new superpower in the Middle East, surpassing even Saudi Arabia.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Obama Campaign Senior Strategist David Axelrod
• Romney Campaign Senior Adviser Ed Gillespie
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml