Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Miscellaneous Madness While many of the low-info voters concentrate their resources on the NCAA's made-for-corporoteevee March Madness many other things went down they refused to cover and failed to discuss with their viewers and listeners. What a surprise. Following up on last week's MEK story Laura Rozen now reports Treasury issues subpoenas in investigation into funding for pro-MEK lobby campaign (yahoo news) The U.S. Treasury Department has issued subpoenas in an investigation into several prominent former senior American officials taking hundreds of thousands of dollars in speaking fees to promote a controversial Iranian terrorist group, the Mujahedin e-Khalq (MEK). Among the former cabinet level officials whose speaking agencies have received subpoenas in the investigation are former Pennsylvania governor and DNC chair Ed Rendell, former Pennsylvania governor and Department of Homeland Security chief Tom Ridge, former FBI director Louis Freeh, and former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Hugh Shelton, NBC's Michael Isikoff reported Friday. Rendell first disclosed that his speaking agency had received a subpoena in the investigation in a report by the Washington Times' Guy Taylor last week. The Treasury Department investigation, which dates back to last summer, is seeking to understand where the money for the pro-MEK lobbying campaign is coming from, people familiar with the investigation said. At least 11 subpoenas have been issued to date in the probe, one source briefed on it said Friday. .... .... Calls by Yahoo News Friday to the office of Tom Ridge, and Ridge's speaker's bureau the Washington Speakers bureau were not returned. A spokesman for Louis Freeh told Yahoo News Friday that he did not have immediate comment on the case. The irony, both Jacobson and Marashi said, is that for all the hundreds of thousands of dollars that have been spent on the MEK public relations campaign, it is unlikely to affect the State Department's decision. "This is a big waste of their money," Jacobson said. "These decisions are based upon the facts. They are based upon evidence and they are based upon foreign policy determinations." ... NEXT Matt Taibbi Why Isn't Wall Street in Jail? Financial crooks brought down the world's economy — but the feds are doing more to protect them than to prosecute them Over drinks at a bar on a dreary, snowy night in Washington this past month, a former Senate investigator laughed as he polished off his beer. "Everything's fucked up, and nobody goes to jail," he said. "That's your whole story right there. Hell, you don't even have to write the rest of it. Just write that." I put down my notebook. "Just that?" "That's right," he said, signaling to the waitress for the check. "Everything's fucked up, and nobody goes to jail. You can end the piece right there." Nobody goes to jail. This is the mantra of the financial-crisis era, one that saw virtually every major bank and financial company on Wall Street embroiled in obscene criminal scandals that impoverished millions and collectively destroyed hundreds of billions, in fact, trillions of dollars of the world's wealth — and nobody went to jail. Nobody, that is, except Bernie Madoff, a flamboyant and pathological celebrity con artist, whose victims happened to be other rich and famous people. The rest of them, all of them, got off. Not a single executive who ran the companies that cooked up and cashed in on the phony financial boom — an industrywide scam that involved the mass sale of mismarked, fraudulent mortgage-backed securities — has ever been convicted. Their names by now are familiar to even the most casual Middle American news consumer: companies like AIG, Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America and Morgan Stanley. Most of these firms were directly involved in elaborate fraud and theft. Lehman Brothers hid billions in loans from its investors. Bank of America lied about billions in bonuses. Goldman Sachs failed to tell clients how it put together the born-to-lose toxic mortgage deals it was selling. What's more, many of these companies had corporate chieftains whose actions cost investors billions — from AIG derivatives chief Joe Cassano, who assured investors they would not lose even "one dollar" just months before his unit imploded, to the $263 million in compensation that former Lehman chief Dick "The Gorilla" Fuld conveniently failed to disclose. Yet not one of them has faced time behind bars. .... "You put Lloyd Blankfein in pound-me-in-the-ass prison for one six-month term, and all this bullshit would stop, all over Wall Street," says a former congressional aide. "That's all it would take. Just once." But that hasn't happened. Because the entire system set up to monitor and regulate Wall Street is fucked up. Just ask the people who tried to do the right thing..... MORE TAIBBI! Watch his interview on DN! below discussing his latest at Rolling Stone Bank Of America: Too Crooked to Fail (WAY TOO MUCH TO SNIP) and Matt's interview with SAM SEDER below! After reading this don't be afraid to MOVE YOUR MONEY and "Invest in Main Street NOT Wall Street"! YES! Over at HuffPoAOL Laura Basset reports how Texas Loses Entire Women's Health Program Over Planned Parenthood Law The Department of Health and Human Services announced on Thursday that it will cut off all Medicaid funding for family planning to the state of Texas, following Gov. Rick Perry's (R) decision to implement a new law that excludes Planned Parenthood from the state's Medicaid Women's Health Program. Cindy Mann, director of the Center for Medicaid and State Operations (CMSO), wrote Texas health officials a letter on Thursday explaining that the state broke federal Medicaid rules by discriminating against qualified family planning providers and thus would be losing the entire program, which provides cancer screenings, contraceptives and basic health care to 130,000 low-income women each year. "We very much regret the state's decision to implement this rule, which will prevent women enrolled in the program from receiving services from the trusted health care providers they have chosen and relied upon for their care," she wrote. "In light of Texas' actions, CMS is not in a position to extend or renew the current [Medicaid contract]." The federal government pays for nearly 90 percent of Texas' $40 million Women's Health Program, and nearly half of the program's providers in Texas are Planned Parenthood clinics. But the new law that went into effect earlier this month disqualified Planned Parenthood from participating in the program because some of its clinics provide abortions, even though no state or federal money can be used to pay for those abortions. ..... The GOPher War on Women continues in Arizona where Arizona Lawmaker: Women Should ‘Watch An Abortion Being Performed’ Prior To Having It
The Arizona legislature is considering at least two separate bills that would significantly limit women’s access to abortion by banning the procedure after 20 weeks of gestation and strip funding to Planned Parenthood. But those restrictions don’t go far enough for conservative lawmaker Rep. Terri Proud (R) who told a constituent in an email that women should be required to “watch an abortion being performed” prior to having it ...... Proud is now co-sponsoring a measure that would allow employers to opt out of covering birth control in their health insurance plans. That's one creepy hypnotized woman! Next DDay at FDL explains the Misnamed JOBS Act – Which Deregulates Financial Markets – Gets Senate Vote Today .....And before you curse the damn Republicans for selling out to the finance lobby again, consider that only a couple dozen Democrats voted against the JOBS Act in the House, that Chuck Schumer is pushing this bill along in the Senate, it was initially a Democratic bill written by Rep. Jim Himes, and that the White House supports it. Johnson calls it “legislative madness.” The investor protections that Carl Levin and Jack Reed want to add ameliorate the bill somewhat, but considering the purpose of the enterprise is to deregulate the financial markets, I don’t see why you would pass it under any circumstances..... MORE DDAY!
American Jobs Act Fails First Senate Cloture Vote As expected, the American Jobs Act failed to pass a cloture vote last night. The vote was 50-49. Democrats held the vote open so “New Englander of the Year” Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) could return from Boston and cast the final vote in favor, giving them the talking point that a majority supported the bill. Tom Coburn, under treatment for prostate cancer, missed the vote. Harry Reid switched his vote to no at the last minute to enable him to bring it up again, so Shaheen’s vote was needed for that majority. Two Democrats, Jon Tester and Ben Nelson, voted with all Republicans save Coburn against the legislation. Nelson gave no explanation, while Tester released a statement saying that “The things I support in this bill are outweighed by the things I can’t support.” [...Tester gobbledygook...] I find that to be mostly gobbledygook. What he calls “bailing out states” I call “saving the jobs of teachers and cops and firefighters.” And any look at the unemployment rolls shows that the loss of 500,000 jobs in the public sector since 2008 is one of the major drags on growth. His alibi amounts to “this bill doesn’t solve every problem ten years out in the manner I want so I’ll vote no.” It’s a typical politician’s dodge. Nelson would at least just say “I don’t want to raise taxes on anyone” and be done with it; Tester’s excuse is more of an insult. Just because there was majority support for the cloture vote doesn’t mean there was majority support for the legislation. Joe Manchin, Jim Webb and Joe Lieberman all expressed their opposition to the underlying bill. So the bill itself is going nowhere, though it was a political vehicle all along more than a serious piece of legislation. Now the plan is to break the bill up into component parts and to call out Republicans as obstructionists. That was the focus of the President’s statement after the vote:... (OF NOTE: the Republicans have set a New World Record for Most Filibusters. -Ed.) Did your city or region set any new high records last week? If so then go to Common Dreams for Silent Spring Dawns Hot, Dry and Merciless by Jennifer Browdy de Hernandez ... This year, as I see how the natural world around me is struggling to provide for the chipmunks, the bear and the turkeys; as I greet the arrival of the few straggling migrant birds who have managed to run the gauntlet of a landscape devastated by chemical warfare and industrial agriculture; as I gaze out at the bare trees shimmering in the unnatural midday heat, I know in my heart that it is only a matter of time before our turn comes. Today it is the indigenous people of Indonesia who are going down with their forests. It is the desert people of North Africa who are starving, and the teeming masses of Asia who are fleeing the floods of torrential rains. We in the huge, pampered gated communities of North America and Europe will be insulated from these shocks for much longer than those on the outside. But our time will come. And when it comes, it will be with the full force of every violent futuristic film we’ve ever dreamed up. Waterworld, anyone? Mad Max? Yeah. As Obama Vows More U.S. Oil Production as Pipeline Gets Priority in his visit to Cushing OK Bill McGibbon & 350.org issued this press release at 350.org
- Cushing, OK -- Today President Obama will make a speech in Cushing, OK on his Administration’s work to fast track the permitting of the southern leg of the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline: Bill McKibben, the founder of 350.org who has led protests against the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline, issued the following statement: “Barack Obama has done a little more than his predecessors about climate change. But nowhere near enough. And no movie producer, fifty years from now, will be able to resist a scene that explains the depth of our addiction to oil: the president coming to the state that just recorded the hottest summer in American history, in the very week that the nation has seen the weirdest heat wave in its history, and promising not to slow down climate change but instead to speed up the building of pipelines. It's clear that the power of the oil industry drives political decision-making in America--that's why we need to go after them directly. The first step is an effort to remove the subsidies that they and the rest of the fossil fuel industry enjoy.” 350.org is helping coordinate protests at Ohio State University this afternoon, where students will call on President Obama to stop Keystone XL, fracking, and other "extreme energy" projects. Last August, 1,253 people were arrested at the White House to push President Obama to stop Keystone XL. More than 12,000 people surrounded the White House last November to stop the pipeline, leading to an administration commitment to delay a permit for the project.
- Bales arrived at Fort Leavenworth last Friday and is being held in an isolated cell. He is “already being integrated into the normal pretrial confinement routine,” prison spokeswoman Rebecca Steed said. The routine includes recreation, meals and cleaning the area where he is living. Steed said once his meetings with his attorneys are complete later in the week, Bales will resume the normal integration process.
- The 150 inmates at the facility — including eight who are awaiting trial — are allowed three hours of recreation a day, she said, and three meals a day in a dining area.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
»»» Guardian reporter Ryan Devereaux & CUNY's Frances Fox Piven @ Democracy NOW! Police Arrest 73 in Occupy Wall Street Crackdown as Protesters Mark Six Months Since Uprising Began March 19, 2012 & RELATED Strategic Directions for Occupy Wall Street: Foreclosing Banks, Defending Homes, Making History
»»» Ina May Gaskin @ Democracy NOW! Ina May Gaskin on Rising U.S. Maternal Mortality Rate, Midwifery and Home Births March 19, 2012
»»» Trayvon Martin Coverage @ Democracy NOW! March 20, 2012: Attorney Jasmine Rand representing Trayvon Martin’s family Walking While Black: Florida Police Resist Calls to Arrest Shooter of Unarmed Teen, Trayvon Martin AND Florida Democratic State Representative Mia Jones Florida Legislative Black Caucus Urges Full Federal Probe of Police Handling of Trayvon Martin Death PLUS "A Modern-Day Lynching": Outrage Grows over Killing of Trayvon Martin by Neighborhood Watch Patrol with Shelton Marshall, president of the Black Law Students Association at Florida A&M University College of Law AND Florida’s "Shoot First" Law Critiqued by Gun Control Advocates Following Shooting of Trayvon Martin with Caroline Brewer of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
»»» Investigative reporter James Bamford @ Democracy NOW! Exposed: Inside the NSA’s Largest and Most Expansive Secret Domestic Spy Center in Bluffdale, Utah March 21, 2012
»»» Thomas Drake & Drake’s attorney Jesselyn Radack @ Democracy NOW! NSA Whistleblower Thomas Drake Prevails Against Charges in Unprecedented Obama Admin Crackdown March 21, 2012
»»» Matt Taibbi @ Democracy NOW! March 22, 2012 "Too Crooked to Fail": Matt Taibbi Says Bailouts, Fraud are the Secrets to Bank of America’s Success RELATED: Matt Taibbi on the Explosive Resignation of Goldman Sachs Executive Greg Smith
»»» Ben Jealous @ Democracy NOW! March 22, 2012 NAACP’s Ben Jealous: Justice for Trayvon Martin Begins with Killer’s Arrest, Police Chief’s Ouster
»»» 350.org's Bill McGibbon @ Democracy NOW! Bill McKibben: Winter Heat Wave Underscores Need for Obama to Reject, Not Fast-Track, Keystone XL
»»» OWS Activist Cecily McMillan @ Democracy NOW! Exclusive: OWS Activist Cecily McMillan Describes Seizure, Bodily Injuries in Arrest by NYPD March 23, 2012
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW The Laura Flanders Show...coming soon! After three years in daily production, GRITtv is transforming into the Laura Flanders Show, for distribution online and on public TV later this year.
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NASCAR on FOX It's the Auto Club 400 at the 2-mile Fontana Speedway! Coverage begins 2:30 p.m. ET
»»» NCAA Basketball Tournament on CBS More coverage of this year's college tourney! Spots for the Final Four coming up Sunday! 2:20 ET: #3 Baylor vs. #1 Kentucky then at 5:05 ET: #2 Kansas vs. #1 North Carolina
»»» NBA on ESPN ESPN Sunday double-header Heat @ Thunder 8 pm et then Grizzlies @ Lakers! And Friday double-header Mavs @ Magic 8 pm et then Blazers @ Clippers!
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms “the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.” When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
October2011.org Sign the Petition to Get the 99% Deficit Proposal Heard in Congress
- Please SIGN THE PETITION in support of the "99%'s Deficit Proposal" and plan direct actions to tell the Super Committee that the 99% have better solutions to our nation's crises. You can plan your own action at your Congressmember's office or join us in Freedom Plaza in Washington, DC for marches to Capitol Hill. Check our calendar for announcements.
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.org A Push for Privacy in the Wake of the Carrier IQ Controversy Remember Carrier IQ, the company that makes the secret spying software that’s installed on more than 140 million phones? You know, the software that can record our most sensitive personal data? ... Thanks in part to the 22,000 people who joined Free Press’ call for a congressional investigation, some of those questions are closer to being answered and mobile users are closer to being protected. The protection comes in the form of a bill from Massachusetts Rep. Ed Markey. Markey released a draft of a bill called the “Mobile Device Privacy Act” that would require phone companies to disclose to users just what is being done with all of their data. If the bill passes, an opt-out provision would go into effect a year later and would require companies to allow users to opt out of data-collection schemes like the one developed by Carrier IQ........
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net And Alan Grayson is running again in FL-8! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network
UPDATE! Ed Pikington of the Guardian UK reports Bradley Manning's treatment was cruel and inhuman, UN torture chief rules The UN special rapporteur on torture has formally accused the US government of cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment towards Bradley Manning, the US soldier who was held in solitary confinement for almost a year on suspicion of being the WikiLeaks source. Juan Mendez has completed a 14-month investigation into the treatment of Manning since the soldier's arrest at a US military base in May 2010. He concludes that the US military was at least culpable of cruel and inhumane treatment in keeping Manning locked up alone for 23 hours a day over an 11-month period in conditions that he also found might have constituted torture. "The special rapporteur concludes that imposing seriously punitive conditions of detention on someone who has not been found guilty of any crime is a violation of his right to physical and psychological integrity as well as of his presumption of innocence," Mendez writes. .... Mendez, who runs the UN office that investigates incidents of alleged torture around the world, told the Guardian: "I conclude that the 11 months under conditions of solitary confinement (regardless of the name given to his regime by the prison authorities) constitutes at a minimum cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment in violation of article 16 of the convention against torture. If the effects in regards to pain and suffering inflicted on Manning were more severe, they could constitute torture." ..... But the Pentagon's arguments did not impress the special rapporteur. He stressed in his final conclusions that "solitary confinement is a harsh measure which may cause serious psychological and physiological adverse effects on individuals regardless of their specific conditions." Moreover, "[d]epending on the specific reason for its application, conditions, length, effects and other circumstances, solitary confinement can amount to a breach of article seven of the international covenant on civil and political rights, and to an act defined in article one or article 16 of the convention against torture." He also said that the US government had tried to justify Manning's solitary confinement by calling it "prevention of harm watch". Yet the military had offered no details as to what actual harm was being prevented. ... Much more at link!
UPDATE II ! Jesselyn Radack on March 16, 2012 at The Whistleblogger Bradley Manning Hearing: Government Foiled By Its Own Policies Bradley Manning's attorney (David Coombs) requested that charges against Manning be dismissed because the prosecution had so badly bungled discovery obligations. Josh Gerstein of Politico reported in detail: At a hearing last month, prosecutors in the case against Pfc. Bradley Manning noted that they didn't receive the messages but could not explain why. Chief prosecutor Capt. Ashden Fein said at a hearing Thursday that the messages had been "blocked by a spam filter for security." However, it fell to defense attorney David Coombs to explain precisely why the e-mails about evidence issues in the Manning case never made it. "Apparently, they were blocked because the word 'WikiLeaks' was somewhere in the e-mail," Coombs said. The government's own WikiLeaks policies are now hampering the prosecution's work in the case against Manning. Yesterday's Manning hearing also revealed that the U.S. claims that Manning aided al-Qaeda by allegedly giving documents to WikiLeaks. What about the New York Times, which also posted the WikiLeaks documents? Much more at link plus video of whistleblower and author Peter Van Buren on Channel 9 WUSA news.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATIONHelp save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of March 23, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,915 US Military Dead as of March 23, 2012
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) anchor George Stephanopoulos
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Obama senior advisor David Plouffe
• Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-MN
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will and Cokie Roberts, Democratic strategist and ABC News contributor Donna Brazile, political strategist and ABC News political analyst Matthew Dowd, and "Nightline" co-anchor Terry Moran
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Republican Presidential Candidate Rick Santorum
• House Budget Chairman Republican, Representative Paul Ryan
• Chairman of the Democratic Policy Committee, Senator Chuck Schumer
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Resurrecting Chrysler - Just a few years ago, Chrysler was in chapter 11, its future bleak. Now, with a new leader in Sergio Marchionne and a new company forged by an alliance with Fiat, the automaker has made a remarkable turnaround to profitability. Steve Kroft reports. Frank Devine and Maria Gavrilovic are the producers.
• Evidence of Innocence - Michael Morton was finally freed when DNA evidence exonerated him after 25 years in prison; he speaks out in his first interview. As Lara Logan reports, Morton's case is one of a series of high profile wrongful convictions that have cast a harsh light on prosecutors. Andy Court and Anya Bourg are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• White House Senior Adviser David Plouffe.
• MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow joins us for a conversation about her provocative new book Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power that tries to answer the question: “When did America make peace with perpetual war?”
• ROUNDTABLE: Fmr. Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour (R); head of the NAACP, Ben Jealous; NPR’s Michele Norris; presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin; and the New York Times’ David Brooks.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• White House Senior Adviser David Plouffe
• Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
• Florida’s Governor Rick Scott (R)
• Time Magazine’s Mike Duffy and USA Today’s Susan Page
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY!!!!! Uber Pope/Rabbi/Imam Bob leads the discussion of yet more religioso fanatics! Plus all the regulars chime in! Listen HERE (mp3) NOW! Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - March 22, 2012 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Zombie Keystone pipeline rises again, as Obama fast-tracks southern leg; The Waxman cometh with a deficit-cutting carbon tax proposal, while the GOP protects Big Oil's billion-dollar subsidies; Exxon Valdez to the scrap heap of history; PLUS: It's World Water Day --- do you know where your clean water is?... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): GOP vs. the Navy on clean energy; Fracking: Is Dimock’s water really safe?; U.S. slaps low tariffs on Chinese solar panels; Beekeepers urge ban on toxic pesticide; Myths and Facts: Germans switch from nukes to renewables; SCOTUS rules against EPA; Denmark to boost offshore wind; Damage to oceans could cost $2tr by 2100 ... PLUS: House Republican accidentally tells truth about Solyndra investigation ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADCAST! 'The BradCast' on KPFK: GOP Empire Strikes Back at the Ron Paul Revolutionaries Today, on my KPFK/Pacifica Radio show, I was joined by two of the key players at both of those of remarkable scenes. My guests were Brent Stafford, the Paul organizer seen, incredibly enough, being arrested while trying to reconvene the aborted caucus in St. Charles after pandemonium had broken out inside, and Lori Bone of Athens, who was seen (also on video, thankfully) trying to demand an explanation from Republican Party officials in GA after they'd rammed through a slate of delegates at the Clarke County GOP convention, and then ended the proceedings, ignoring the Paul supporters majority --- all in blatant violation of the official rules.
• BRAD on RT! Brad on RT TV: 'Republican Party Establishment Hates Democracy (and Ron Paul Supporters)' I was back on RT TV this afternoon (this time, without a wingnut loon to waste our time), to discuss the GOP caucus chaos over the weekend in MO, where Ron Paul supporters stood up for themselves, rather than allowing the Republican establishment to railroad them. Once again, the host was RT's Liz Wahl. Here's what happened today... WATCH THE VIDEO!!
• BRADBLOG UPDATE: Did Walker Conspire to Violate Employee Residence Law? Motion by his indicted former deputy suggests 'WalkerGate' file still growing, as criminal probe appears to target the Republican Guv's tenure while County Executive in Milwaukee...
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Now up to 9,200+ Election Protection posts! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Podcast 414 Boiling Frogs: Attorney Jon Eisenberg’s Kafka-esque Fight vs. Illegal Wiretapping Two strong views on the Middle East: Jennifer Lowenstein teaches Middle East studies at U of Wisconsin; Trita Parsi is president of the National Iranian American Council.
• PBC Standard Podcast Marxian Economist Richard Wolff on Causes of Economic Mess; “Solartopia” Author Harvey Wasserman is Optimistic About Shutting Down Vermont Yankee Nuke Plant Prof. Richard Wolff teaches at New School in New York, writes for Truthout, and is the author of Capitalism Hits the Fan; Harvey Wasserman is longtime anti-nuke activist, author of Solartopia.
• PBC Standard Podcast Boiling Frogs: Peter van Buren Speaks Out for Whistleblowers As He is Being Drummed Out of State Dept. Peter van Buren, author of We Meant Well, defends other whistleblowers even as he is being forced out of his 20+ year career at the State Department in this Boiling Frogs interview, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! March 23, 2012
• best-selling author and Harpers Magazine contributor Thomas Frank will tell us who will really be choosing the next Republican Presidential nominee.
• Investigative journalist Greg Palast will be here to discuss the recent BP oil spill settlement.
• Criminal defense attorney Leo Thomas will join us for a legal discussion on the Trayvon Martin killing.
• Mark Potok from the Southern Poverty Law Center will be here to tell us why American hate groups are expanding at an unprecedented rate.
• And author and clinical psychologist Bruce Levine will be here to tell us why America’s obsession with money is killing us as a society.
• VIDEO! Sam Seder: Obama Continues Disastrous Bush-Era Foreign Policies During the Bush years, Americans weren’t shy to express their anger over the former administration’s policies regarding people they deemed to be “terrorists.” Whether it was the indefinite detention and torture at Guantanamo Bay, or the killing of civilians in the Middle East, Americans made it clear that they were angry with the Bush Administration. So today, with some of those same policies – or even worse policies – in place, where is that outrage? Sam Seder talks about how the Obama administration is still carrying out some of the nastiest deeds of the Bush administration with Salon.com contributor and author Glenn Greenwald.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Zimmerman Charge Should Be Premeditated Murder Mike Papantonio appears on MSNBC’s The Ed Show to discuss the legal ramifications for George Zimmerman under Florida’s Stand Your Ground law for killing 17-year old, unarmed Trayvon Martin.
• Support Those Who Support Progressive Media! 2011 has certainly been a great year for Ring of Fire, and we’ve had some great sponsors that have helped support the show throughout the year. We wanted to take the time to personally thank each and every one of them, and we encourage all of our listeners to take the time to support those who have support us.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 8-11 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• Ryan Devereaux on the Police Violence at Occupy Wall Street's 6 Month Anniversary [03•19•12]
• Jeff Smith of Occupy Wall Street with his 1st Hand Account of Occupy's Anniversary [03•19•12]
• Jonathan Cohn on Obamacare vs Supreme Court [03•20•12]
• Jonathan Cohn on Obamacare vs Supreme Court [03•20•12]
• Brian Beutler on the Paul Ryan Budget, Obama Admin + more [03•21•12]
• Josh Orton with an Update from Wisconsin [03•22•12]
• Matt Taibbi on the Bank of America Con [03•22•12]
• Cliff Schecter and Sam Seder discuss Trayvon Martin, Gun Laws, Paul Ryan's Budget + more! [03•23•12]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV PLUS here is Max Keiser’s official Facebook page And here is the official Keiser Report page
• EThey have become abattoirs where the real wealth of the nation is taken and slaughtered by maxkeiser - READ When the Abuse of Insider Information and Control Grows So Large as to Become the Market BTV jessescrossroadscafe
• VIDEO! How America Avoided Fascism in 1933 by maxkeiser WATCH How America Avoided Fascism in 1933 jessescrossroadscafe
• VIDEO! Max Keiser, the host of RT’s Keiser Report calls Smith’s diatribe an “embarrassing confession of the firm’s wrong doings” by maxkeiser GO TO Goldman Sachs exec leaves sinking ship in disgust on rt
• KEISER REPORT [KR263] Keiser Report: Rip out eyes, tear off head We discuss ripping out client eyeballs and losing millions for a free breakfast; maggots of risk and plastic financial apartheid. In the second half of the show Max talks to filmmakers William Gagan and Geoff Shively about their crowd funded journey to Syria and ‘fake’ activists and, with the introduction of anti-free speech laws in Chicago, the filmmakers discuss the small drone helicopters they have acquired for reporting on the NATO summit.
• KEISER REPORT [KR264] Keiser Report: Guns vs Gadgets We discuss ‘anti-human, bigoted algos’ buying Apple shares; new technology versus old-fashioned gunpowder and the American economy as a lava lamp. In the second half of the show Max talks to musician Tomas Kalnoky of Streetlight Manifesto about wanting to be the first band to sell no records while the RIAA and record industry executives crash and burn with their dying model.
• KEISER REPORT [KR265] Keiser Report – Unbanked & Unworthy We discuss the great ‘unbanked’ masses dumping gold believing in a ‘recovering economy’ and an end to money printing while banks and insiders buy gold and mortgage backed securities in preparation for more quantitative easing by the Fed. In the second half of the show Max talks to Mark Melin of Uncorrelated Investments about MF Global, JP Morgan and the future of the futures market. They also discuss the Charles Mansons of the futures industry and the branch office of the too big too fail banks formerly known as the SEC. Your thoughts below on why the MF Global crime has not apparently interested the Occupy Wall Street crowd.
• KEISER REPORT [KR266] Keiser Report: Selective Amnesia for Brokers & Murderers We discuss Irish stoicism and social ostracism, boycotts and ponzis and the banking practices of Chuckie. In the second half of the show Max talks to independent journalist, Lars Schall, about his recently published investigation into insider trading around the 9-11 terrorist attack as well as his pursuit of Germany’s elusive gold reserves.
• ON THE EDGE [OTE150] On the Edge with Chris Cook Stacy Summary: Dang, where else can you find such consistently amazing information and thought-provoking ideas!? My primary question to you the viewer regarding this interview with Chris Cook is – do you agree with his analysis regarding oil prices and his prediction that they will collapse in the second half of the year?
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-358] The Truth About The Pain For Motorists Stacy Summary: We talk about the price of petrol rising in the UK and the Bats IPO being pulled. Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Peter Certo March 22, 2012: Peter Certo, editorial assistant at Right Web and the Institute for Policy Studies, discusses his article “U.S. Government Finally Catching up With MEK Boosters Like Ed Rendell;” the shocking development that the rule of law might actually apply to former high-level US government officials; the usual suspects – humanitarian activists and Muslims who upload videos on YouTube – who face “material support” of terrorism charges under the PATRIOT Act; and the connection between the MEK’s terrorist-group designation, Camp Ashraf in Iraq, and Iran-war fever.
• Barbara Slavin March 22, 2012: Barbara Slavin, author of Bitter Friends, Bosom Enemies: Iran, the U.S. and the Twisted Path to Confrontation, discusses her article “Subtle Signs Obama Diplomacy May Work on Iran ;” who was really at fault for Iran’s failed uranium fuel-swap deal in 2009; growing concern with Iran’s 20% enrichment process that yields medical isotopes and a “breakout” capability; and why the Treasury Department’s investigation of MEK shills like Edward Rendell may be Obama’s way of reaching out to Iran.
• Kevin Zeese March 22, 2012: Kevin Zeese, Executive Director of VotersForPeace and Co-Chair of Come Home America, discusses his article “Dismissal Is the Only Option in Bradley Manning Case;” the prosecution’s withholding of government damage-assessment reports, which could help disprove Manning’s “aiding the enemy” charge; statements from President Obama and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey (last paragraph) that bolster an “unlawful command influence” defense; and whether Judge Col. Denise Lind will rule fairly, resisting the government pressure and bribes that accompany cases of this magnitude.
• Lawrence Wittner March 23, 2012: Lawrence Wittner, Professor of History at the State University of New York/Albany, discusses his article “Try a Little Nuclear Sanity ;” the “SANE” legislation introduced by Congressman Edward Markey that would cut the budget and scope of the US nuclear weapons program; how Russia is threatened by “missile defense,” that supposedly exists to protect Europe from Iran but actually gives the US an unanswerable first-strike capability; why the Cold War military budget and mindset persist even though the USSR was dissolved over 20 years ago; and the unspoken Ronald Reagan/liberal agreement on nuclear disarmament.
• Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Senior Adviser to President Obama, David Plouffe
• House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml