Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
GMOs, Drones and Science David Corn at Mother Jones scoops everybody again with NEW ROMNEY VIDEO: In 1985, He Said Bain Would "Harvest" Companies for Profits ..... at Bain, Romney's top priority wasn't to boost employment. As the Wall Street Journal recently noted, creating jobs "wasn't the aim of Bain or other private-equity firms, which measure success by returns produced for investors." And, the newspaper reported, Romney's 100,000-jobs claim is tough to evaluate. Mother Jones has obtained a video from 1985 in which Romney, describing Bain's formation, showed how he viewed the firm's mission. He explained that its goal was to identify potential and hidden value in companies, buy significant stakes in these businesses, and then "harvest them at a significant profit" within five to eight years. The video was included in a CD-ROM created in 1998 to mark the 25th anniversary of Bain & Company, the consulting firm that gave birth to Bain Capital. Here is the full clip, as it appeared on that CD-ROM (the editing occurred within the original): [VIDEO] ...... In this clip, Romney mentioned that it would routinely take up to eight years to turn around a firm—though he now slams the president for failing to revive the entire US economy in half that time. OUCH! Politico's Roger Simon penned this SATIRE Paul Ryan vs. The Stench Editor’s note: Some readers were confused that this Roger Simon column was satire. Please see Roger’s note at the end. Haha! Seriously though Lee Fang at The Nation has this Exclusive: Paul Ryan Quietly Requested Obamacare Cash if you missed it from a few weeks ago. Then Mike Lofgren at Truth-Out has us Meet the Welfare Queens of the 1%: The Moochers Mitt Missed Work for the Pentagon ..... But if Mr. Romney were to broaden his focus, he would find that there are welfare queens beyond his imaginings. In the last four years, Wall Street moguls such as Jamie Dimon and Lloyd Blankfein have reaped tremendous public scorn for their outsized paychecks, so their transgressions are not exactly a secret. At least in theory, however, bankers operate private enterprises not dependent on the taxpayer (that is, in good years when the government is not bailing them out). Their executive compensation - again, in theory - is a voluntary concession by shareholders. Whether, for that matter, a financial institution - the deposits of which are insured by the federal government - ought nevertheless to submit to executive compensation limits is an argument for another day. That said, there is no dispute about the status of major Pentagon contractors, their utter dependency on government, and their outsized profiteering. Lockheed Martin, the largest contractor, receives about 85 percent of its revenues from US Government contracts. Government sales accounted for more than 90 percent of revenue to Northrop Grumman, the fourth largest contractor, during the last three years. Unlike the cases of Dimon or Blankfein, I doubt one American in a thousand knows who Wes Bush is. The CEO of Northrop Grumman, he made over $26 million last year, exceeding JPMorgan Chase's payout to Dimon, the highest paid bank CEO. In fact, the chiefs of the five largest Department of Defense (DoD) contracting firms hauled in $107 million combined, more than the top five bank CEOs (who limped in with a mere $75 million altogether). Yet somehow, this form of income redistribution through the medium of government manages to bounce off the consciousness of people like Romney and his supporters like Swedish peas off an Abrams tank. Indeed, as I have argued more comprehensively elsewhere, the public rarely notices how much the DoD budget contributes to an upward redistribution of income from the many to the relatively few. ....... It will be fascinating to see the howls of dismay from defense contractor executives if, on January1, 2013, Congress really does walk the country over the so-called "fiscal cliff" and the Pentagon budget faces cuts. And what would be their reaction to a modest proposal to cushion the blow to our troops in the field by forcing these executives to take a pay cut? Why should a company that receives more than, say, two-thirds of its revenue from government pay its executives more than the $400,000 annual salary that the President of the United States receives? Any more than that would simply demonstrate the kind of grasping dependency on taxpayers that Mr. Romney abhors. A gaping fact completely lost on the TeaBag Nation, no doubt which fits nicely into BuzzFlash's GOPher canard exposed Republicans Lie About "Support Our Troops".
AUSTERITY PROTESTS: Last week saw even more protests as governments in Europe try to squeeze their populations even more to acquience the Troika of the IMF, ECB and EU. IN GREECE - Thousands protest austerity measures in Greece and IN SPAIN - Democracy kidnapped!' Madrid police fire rubber bullets as thousands surround Spanish Congress (VIDEO, PHOTOS) The Guardian has the live blog! Eurozone crisis live: Violent scenes in Athens as Greece holds general strike
Our own ljm explains "The 5th Circuit Court of Appeals reversed itself by ruling the government is immune from decisions made by Corp of Engineers for Katrina devastation. There's that pesky Sovereign Immunity again. It's good to be king." See New Ruling on Katrina Favors Corps of Engineers at the NYT. Also read about the latest FED QE3 – Pay Attention If You Are in the Real Estate Market by Catherine Austin Fitts at at The Solari Report.
Next Tana Ganeva at Alternet posts Bill Nye the Science Guy Slams Biblical Creationism: "They’re Not Kidding" In a video that has been viewed 4,617,916 times on YouTube since August, Bill Nye "the Science Guy," politely explained that the Creationist movement brainwashed children and corroded America's capacity for growth and innovation. "When you have a portion of the population that doesn't believe in [science], it holds everybody back" Nye says in the video. "And I say to the grown-ups, if you want to deny evolution and live in your world that's completely inconsistent with everything we've observed in the universe that's ... fine. But don't make your kids do that because we need them. We need scientifically literate voters and tax payers for the future. We need engineers that can build stuff, solve problems." ..... Unintimidated by such a scientifically sound debunking, Nye doubled down on his criticisms of Creationism in an interview with the AP published today. Siring distrust in science and teaching kids to have faith in ancient religious texts are not the best ways for America to lead the world in science, Nye said again. According to the AP:
- “If we raise a generation of students who don’t believe in the process of science, who think everything that we’ve come to know about nature and the universe can be dismissed by a few sentences translated into English from some ancient text, you’re not going to continue to innovate,” Nye said in a wide-ranging telephone interview. .... “I can see where one gets so caught up in this (debate) that you say something that will galvanize people in a bad way, that will make them hate you forever,” he said. “But I emphasize that I’m not questioning someone’s religion — much of that is how you were brought up.” ..... “What I find troubling, when you listen to these people … once in a while I get the impression that they’re not kidding,” Nye said.
Next we go to Glenn Greenwald at The Guardian UK who explains the Five lessons from the de-listing of MEK as a terrorist group The Mujahedin-e Khalq (MEK), or People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran, is an Iranian dissident group that has been formally designated for the last 15 years by the US State Department as a "foreign terrorist organization". When the Bush administration sought to justify its attack on Iraq in 2003 by accusing Saddam Hussein of being a sponsor of "international terrorism", one of its prime examples was Iraq's "sheltering" of the MEK. Its inclusion on the terrorist list has meant that it is a felony to provide any "material support" to that group. Nonetheless, a large group of prominent former US government officials from both political parties has spent the last several years receiving substantial sums of cash to give speeches to the MEK, and have then become vocal, relentless advocates for the group, specifically for removing them from the terrorist list. Last year, the Christian Science Monitor thoroughly described "these former high-ranking US officials - who represent the full political spectrum - [who] have been paid tens of thousands of dollars to speak in support of the MEK." They include Democrats Howard Dean, Ed Rendell, Wesley Clark, Bill Richardson, and Lee Hamilton, and Republicans Rudy Giuliani, Fran Townsend, Tom Ridge, Michael Mukasey, and Andrew Card. Other prominent voices outside government, such as Alan Dershowitz and Elie Wiesel, have been enlisted to the cause and are steadfast MEK advocates. ....... On Friday, the Guardian's Washington reporter Chris McGreal added substantial information about the recipients of the funding and, especially, its sources. As he put it, the pro-MEK campaign "has seen large sums of money directed at three principal targets: members of Congress, Washington lobby groups and influential former officials", including the GOP Congressman who chairs the House Intelligence Committee, Mike Rogers. What makes this effort all the more extraordinary are the reports that MEK has actually intensified its terrorist and other military activities over the last couple of years. ...... Despite these reports that the MEK has been engaged in terrorism and other military aggression against Iran - or, more accurately: likely because of them - it was announced on Friday the US State Department will remove MEK from its list of terrorist organizations. This event is completely unsurprising. In May, I noted the emergence of reports that the State Department would do so imminently. Because this MEK scam more vividly illustrates the rot and corruption at the heart of America's DC-based political culture than almost any episode I can recall, I've written numerous times about it. But now that the de-listing is all but official, it is worthwhile to take note of the five clear lessons it teaches: READ ON! You also need to read Chris Hedges "Letter to the Editor" in the NYT Court was right to protect journalists from threat of military detention which reads in part The Sept. 17 editorial “Detention wars, continued,” criticizing U.S. District Judge Katherine B. Forrest’s decision to enjoin Section 1021(b)(2) of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), is a disturbing stance for a news organization that has foreign correspondents. The act, among other things, allows the military detention of persons who “substantially supported” al-Qaeda or the Taliban. Foreign reporting, which I practiced for two decades, often requires journalists to have direct contact with individuals or groups deemed to be terrorists or members of terrorist organizations. The law has no provision to exempt journalists.I initiated this lawsuit in January in large measure because I understood, as did Judge Forrest, as shown in her 112-page opinion, that those of us who report on these groups, and who present to the public facts and opinions that challenge official narratives, can become prey to the draconian measures of military detention and the stripping of due process outlined in the NDAA.... MORE! Hedges' former employer won't even give him an Op-Ed but instead publishes a "Letter to the Editor". Sheesh.
Mike Ludwig at Truth-Out reports French Study Finds Tumors and Organ Damage in Rats Fed Monsanto Corn Rats fed a lifetime diet of Monsanto's genetically engineered corn or exposed to the company's popular Roundup herbicide developed tumors and suffered severe organ damage, according to a French study released on Wednesday. The study could have a big impact on the battle over a California ballot proposal that would require groceries containing genetically engineered ingredients to be labeled as such. Monsanto has already donated $7.1 million to the campaign to defeat the proposal, known as Proposition 37. The study links varying levels of both the Roundup herbicide and the transgenes in Monsanto's patented NK603 corn to mammary tumors and severe liver and kidney damage. The rats were either fed the NK603 corn alone, corn treated with agricultural levels of Roundup, or given water treated with Roundup at low levels commonly found in contaminated drinking water and used in agriculture in the United States. In each group, there were two to three more deaths among female rats compared to control groups, and the rats on the Monsanto diet tended to die more quickly. Gilles-Eric Séralini, a professor of molecular biology at the University of Caen who lead the research team, told reporters on Wednesday that the rats' diet reflected the kind of exposure that humans who eat genetically engineered food should expect. "This is around the level [that] the American population may eat, where, unfortunately GMOs are not labeled," Séralini said. "In Europe, we have this labeling, and it helps us to avoid these compounds if necessary and promote personal choices." ...... Good News for Proposition 37 - "The results of this study are worrying," said Gary Ruskin, who manages a campaign to pass the food-labeling initiative in California. "They underscore the importance of giving California families the right to know whether our food is genetically engineered, and to decide for ourselves whether we want to gamble with our health by eating GMO foods that have not been adequately studied and have not been proven safe." Ruskin's Yes on Proposition 37 campaign, which is supported by organic food companies and alternative health groups, has been vastly outspent by a campaign to defeat the ballot initiative funded by millions of dollars in donations from biotech chemical companies and food manufacturers such as Monsanto, DuPont, Bayer and Nestle. Polls taken this summer, however, show that Proposition 37 remains popular among a majority of voters despite a multimillion-dollar campaign against the initiative. A spokesperson for Monsanto told Truthout that the company will thoroughly review the data, but pointed out that scientific claims made by Séralini in regards to previous studies on rats have been refuted by a European food regulatory agency. .... "It's bizarre and dramatic for us that the US government," said Séralini, "has not requested to make serious tests before releasing these products into the environment because these GMOs are pesticide sponges, and we know that pesticides can be harmful to humans." Séralini also pointed out that his team started to see tumors after four months, while the industry studies on rats were limited to a three-month period. "It shows the genetically modified foods should be withdrawn," said biotech critic and author Jeffrey Smith. Smith said the study further confirms reports he has heard from doctors and veterinarians who say they've seen their patient's health improve after they stopped eating genetically engineered foods. And over at Natural News Jon Rappoport invites us to Meet Monsanto's number one lobbyist: Barack Obama (NaturalNews) During his 2008 campaign for president, Barack Obama transmitted signals that he understood the GMO issue. Several key anti-GMO activists were impressed. They thought Obama, once in the White House, would listen to their concerns and act on them. These activists weren't just reading tea leaves. On the campaign trail, Obama said: "Let folks know when their food is genetically modified, because Americans have a right to know what they're buying." ..... After the election, and during Obama's term as president, people who had been working to label GMO food and warn the public of its huge dangers were shocked to the core. They saw Obama had been pulling a bait and switch. The new president filled key posts with Monsanto people, in federal agencies that wield tremendous force in food issues, the USDA and the FDA:
- At the USDA, as the director of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, Roger Beachy, former director of the Monsanto Danforth Center. At the USDA, as the director of the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, Roger Beachy, former director of the Monsanto Danforth Center.
- As deputy commissioner of the FDA, the new food-safety-issues czar, the infamous Michael Taylor, former vice-president for public policy for Monsanto. Taylor had been instrumental in getting approval for Monsanto's genetically engineered bovine growth hormone.
- As commissioner of the USDA, Iowa governor, Tom Vilsack. Vilsack had set up a national group, the Governors' Biotechnology Partnership, and had been given a Governor of the Year Award by the Biotechnology Industry Organization, whose members include Monsanto.
- As the new Agriculture Trade Representative, who would push GMOs for export, Islam Siddiqui, a former Monsanto lobbyist.
- As the new counsel for the USDA, Ramona Romero, who had been corporate counsel for another biotech giant, DuPont.
- As the new head of the USAID, Rajiv Shah, who had preciously worked in key positions for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, a major funder of GMO agriculture research.
Third Party Candidates To Join in Real Time on Democracy Now!’s Live Coverage of First Pres. Debate As President Barack Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney square off in the first presidential debate in Denver on October 3, Democracy Now! will broadcast live from Denver with a special expanded presidential debate from 8:30 to 11:30 p.m. ET. We will air the debate, pausing after questions to include equal time responses from two presidential contenders who were shut out of the official debate: Jill Stein of the Green Party and Rocky Anderson of the Justice Party.
Monday, September 24, 2012
- Jeff Biggers As Anti-Immigrant "Papers" Law Takes Effect, Jeff Biggers on Arizona, the "State Out of the Union"
- Pussy Riot Update Jailed, Censored at Home, Russia’s Pussy Riot Hailed by Supporters from Yoko Ono to Aung San Suu Kyi
- Eve Ensler One Billion Rising: Eve Ensler, Activists Worldwide Plan Global Strike to End Violence Against Women PLUS Pt. 2: Eve Ensler on Her Battle with Cancer: "We Can Use Sickness as a Tool for Transformation"
- Juan Gonzalez & Eduardo López "Harvest of Empire": New Film Recounts How U.S. Intervention Caused Mass Latin American Migrations
- Austerity in SpainThousands Surround Spanish Parliament in Bid to "Occupy Congress" and Stop Austerity
- Sarah Knuckey, professor at New York University School of Law Study Finds U.S. Drone Strikes in Pakistan Miss Militant Targets and "Terrorize" Civilians
- David Zirin Botched NFL Call Sparks Wide Support for Unionized Refs & Outrage at Owners’ "Corporate Arrogance"
- Bill Moyers The United States of ALEC: Bill Moyers on the Secretive Corporate-Legislative Body Writing Our Laws
- WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange In U.N. Address, WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange Urges Obama Admin to End "Regime of Secrecy" AND Exposed: U.S. May Have Designated Julian Assange and WikiLeaks an "Enemy of the State" with Michael Ratner, president emeritus of the Center for Constitutional Rights and a legal adviser to Assange and WikiLeaks.
- Alice Walker Alice Walker on 30th Anniv. of "The Color Purple": Racism, Violence Against Women Are Global Issues AND Palestine Conditions "More Brutal" Than in U.S. South of 50 Years Ago, Says Author Alice Walker PLUS "Democratic Womanism": Poet and Activist Alice Walker on Women Rising, Obama and the 2012 Election
»»» FEATURED SHOW Occupy Wall St Special: LF Sits in for Bill Moyers On the first anniversary of Occupy Wall Street, Laura Flanders talks to journalist Arun Gupta and organizer Marina Sitrin about the movement’s impact and future role in American life and politics.
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NASCAR on ESPN - Chase Race #3 It's the AAA 400 from Dover International Speedway! Coverage begins at 1 pm et
»»» MLB Sunday TBS Rays @ White Sox 2:10 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
STOP the ACHE Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communi ties
- Lawmakers concerned about the health effects on humans from mountaintop removal coal mining set forth legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives today. Representatives Dennis Kucinich (OH), Louise Slaughter (NY), Maurice Hinchey (NY), Earl Blumenauer (OR), Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA), John Yarmuth (KY), Lynn Woolsey (CA), Judy Chu (CA), Raúl Grijalva (AZ), James Moran (VA), Michael Honda (CA), John Conyers (MI), and Keith Ellison (MN) introduced the Appalachian Communities Health Emergency (ACHE) Act [H.R. 5959] which would place a moratorium on permitting for mountaintop removal coal mining until health studies are conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services. The ACHE coalition presently consists of participants from Coal River Mountain Watch, Mountain Health and Heritage Association, and Christians for the Mountains. “We encourage you, if you’re concerned about mountaintop removal’s effect on your community’s health, to join us in making your voice heard,” said Allen Johnson, executive director of Christians for the Mountains. “Please contact us, learn about the issue, and take action to protect your community.”
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Community Wealth Building in Action: The Cleveland Model Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom..
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar featuring David Cobb's Barnstorming Tour! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is running again in FL-8! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network UPDATE! BuzzFlash Commentary Military Makes a Mockery of Bradley Manning’s Right to a Speedy Trial September 28, 2012: “PFC Manning’s statutory and constitutional speedy trial rights have been trampled upon with impunity,” writes David Coombs, defense lawyer for accused WikiLeaks whistle-blower Bradley Manning, in a new motion posted to his blog yesterday. The 117-page comprehensive motion takes a long and thorough look at the ways in which the Convening Authority and prosecution have utterly failed to act according to their obligations to provide Manning a speedy trial. Coombs concludes that the only remedy for these extremely long delays is a dismissal of charges with prejudice. At the time of Coombs’ filing, Manning had been imprisoned for 845 days. Coombs emphasizes just how long this is......
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATIONHelp save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012
AFGHANISTAN: 2,125 US Military Dead as of Sept. 28, 2012
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R)
• White House senior adviser David Plouffe
• ROUNDTABLE: former Mississippi governor and RNC chair Haley Barbour; former Vermont governor and DNC chair Howard Dean, founder of Democracy for America; Democratic strategist and ABC News contributor Donna Brazile; political strategist and ABC News political analyst Matthew Dowd; and POLITICO senior political reporter Maggie Haberman.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ)
• former House Speaker Newt Gingrich
• ROUNDTABLE: Rep. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., University of Virginia's Larry Sabato and Democratic strategist Robert Shrum
• ROUNDTABLE II: Gingrich, Washington Post's Bob Woodward, Moody Analytics' Mark Zandi, former DC Chancellor of Schools Michelle Rhee, Hedrick Smith, author of Who Stole the American Dream
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Longest War - Eleven years after 9/11, Lara Logan talks to the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan, Gen. John Allen and to Hamid Karzai, the country's president, in frank interviews about what is, and what is not, working in the war. Max McClellan is the producer.
• Arnold - In his first interview since revelations about an out-of-wedlock child he fathered with his housekeeper, former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger discusses his infidelities and reflects on the life he has written about in his upcoming autobiography, "Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life." Lesley Stahl reports. Richard Bonin is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• New Jersey’s Republican Governor Chris Christie
• Obama Senior Adviser David Plouffe
• ROUNDTABLE: Conservative activist and founder of the Faith and Freedom Coalition, Ralph Reed; Fmr. Gov. Ed Rendell (D-PA); the BBC’s Katty Kay; and NBC News Political Director Chuck Todd.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Senator John McCain (R-AZ)
• Obama Campaign Senior Adviser David Axelrod
• Governor Martin O’Malley
• Senator Roy Blunt
• ROUNDTABLE: Republican Consultant Alex Castellanos, Pollster and Democratic Strategist Celinda Lake, and CNN Senior Congressional Correspondent Dana Bash.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!!!!! Grab a cold one and put up yer feet! Listen HERE (mp3) NOW! Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - September 27, 2012 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Hey, fracking industry: you didn't build that, either!; Chevron caught cheating in SF refinery fire; Texas police Taser pipeline protesters; PLUS: BACONPOCALYPSE --- this time, global warming has gone too far! ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Why is solar cheaper in Germany than the US?; Carbon tax could half deficit in 10 years; Obama must break 'climate silence'; EPA regs create $5 in benefits for every $1 in costs; Gov. Brown signs 'human right to water' bill; '100m to die' from global warming?; If US oil production is at all-time high, yet so are gas prices; Total Oil chief warns against drilling in Arctic ... PLUS: Obama vs. Romney: Stark contrast on the environment ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Vets Group: Military, Disabled Vets Affected by OH GOP Early Voting Restrictions Friend-of-court brief argues 900k vets and even active-duty military ignored by GOP restrictions on Early Voting...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Brown's 'Independent Groups' Include Rightwing U.S. Chamber of Commerce Elizabeth Warren (D) failed to call MA Sen. Scott Brown (R) out, during their recent debate, on one of his most outrageous claims...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! RNC FIRES ITS NAT'L VOTER REGISTRATION (FRAUD) FIRM After FL & NC GOP fire Romney-tied group, so does RNC, as dead voters reportedly found registered as new voters in FL; RNC paid firm $3m+ over 2 months in 5 states, tried to hide ownership of notorious GOP operative...
• BRADCAST UPDATE! VIDEO: Brad Breaks the News About the Nationwide GOP Voter Registration Scandal on Thom Hartmann TV LATE UPDATE: FL officials confirm 'suspicious and possibly fraudulent voter registration forms' in 'at least TEN counties'...
• Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Now up to 9,500+ Election Protection posts! Find out who's counting your votes and how at ElectionIntegrity.org too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Standard Podcast September 28, 2012 Ford Greene, Attorney and Moonie De-Programmer, on the Death of Rev. Moon; Gary Chew Reviews ‘The Master’; Maxine Doogan Tells Californians: No on Prop. 35
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This week on Ring of Fire September 27, 2012
• Best-selling author Thomas Frank will talk to us about why the GOP decided to double-down on their economic ideas that burned down our economy.
• Investigative journalist and best-selling author Greg Palast will join us for a discussion on his new book “Billionaires and Ballot Bandits.”
• TIME magazine correspondent Michael Grunwald will tell us why all of us – including Mitt Romney – are dependent on government handouts.
• And Delirium author Nancy Cohen will tell us how Mitt’s time as a Mormon Bishop gives us a glimpse into his extreme religious beliefs.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473)or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Romney’s Religious Extremism Scares Voters Mike Papantonio talks with John Amato, founder of the Crooks and Liars blog, about Mitt Romney’s extremist religious beliefs, and why they should scare the average voter.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Romney Wants to “Harvest” Americans Mike Papantonio appears on The Big Picture (RT America) with host Thom Hartmann to discuss the recent video that has surfaced with Mitt Romney discussing his plan to pillage companies through Bain Capital. They also discuss the ongoing legal battle over the right to vote, without a photo ID, in Pennsylvania.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 8-11 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• September 24, 2012 Jacob Hacker, Prosperity Economics
• September 25, 2012 Juan Cole: Middle East Update
• September 26, 2012 What’s Next for Occupy & How to Become a Local Democratic Party Leader
• September 27, 2012 Thomas Frank “Pity the Billionaire”
• September 28, 2012 Casual Friday
• MORE Podcast Interviews at Majority.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV PLUS here is Max Keiser’s official Facebook page And here is the official Keiser Report page
• The official Facebook pages for Max Keiser & Keiser Report STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead. Max Keiser & Keiser Report PLUS Stacey Herbert
• The “Keiser Report” has been begging europe to do this for years by maxkeiser READ European Banks Preparing To Boycott Big Three Rating Agencies (zerohedge.com)
• CNBC’s Admission, yes: Silver market is manipulated (skip to 9:30) by maxkeiser READ CNBC Host States Silver Manipulation is a Fact, NOT a Conspiracy! sliverdoctors.com with VIDEO! Once Barclays pointed the finger at BoE as colluding on Libor manipulation (instead of denying it), the roof got ripped off decades of blatant manipulation in these markets. The dollar and U.S. bonds have been protected with Fed interference and outright manipulation; same thing in the UK. And to bolster the price for sovereign bonds, the price of Gold and Silver has been manipulated down alongside the upside price movements of worthless paper. Ratings at CNBC have been plummeting this year – as the audience is way ahead of their talking heads on these points. When CNBC admits that markets, especially silver, are rigged, the few remaining viewers they have collectively sigh; ‘I heard that on Keiser Report three years ago.’ READ CNBC: Silver and Financial Markets Are Manipulated, But So What? Jesse's Crossroads Cafe
• Catherine Austin Fitts Commentary on Financial Holocaust
• Judge Throws Out CFTC’s Position Limits Rule For anyone who wondered, the banksters are above the law- just ask Mr. Dimon and his Presidential cufflinks. DC District Court Jude Robert Wilkins this afternoon threw out the CFTC’s position limits rule, scheduled to go into effect Oct 12th. The metals manipulation will only end when FREE MARKET FORCES OVERWHELM the bullion banksters. IT IS TIME TO FIGHT BACK BY EMPTYING EVERY LAST DOLLAR OUT OF EVERY ACCOUNT YOU OWN- CHECKING, DEPOSIT, STOCK, RETIREMENT- AND TAKE DELIVERY OF PHYSICAL SILVER!!! READ *Breaking* Judge Throws Out CFTC’s Position Limits Rule (silverdoctors.com)
• Time to short Monsanto? READ Rat reality show: Russian scientists to broadcast GMO experiment (rt.com)
• KEISER REPORT [KR344] Keiser Report: Happy Hacking! (ft. Richard Stallman) We discuss tuning in, dropping out and the modern day opting out. They also talk about ‘high value’ customers being fast tracked at Heathrow in the name of expediency; while in the US poor people are fast tracked into a private debt collectors’ kickback scheme with the help of district attorneys. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to Richard Stallman about Anonymous protests outside virtual doorways, corporate tyrannies and free software.
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Bankstatocracy We discuss the bankstatocracy that has led to what the mainstream financial media calls an ‘unintended’ wealth gap in the consumer sector – between those recovered-from-recession and those still-struggling. To suggest that this gap is intentional, however, is considered now ‘suspicious’ behavior by the US government. And they also look at the ‘wealth managers’ for the poor in Australia. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to privacy extremist Frank Braun about sneaker net and privacy, the libertarian case for bitcoin and a flourishing over the counter bitcoin exchange.
• KEISER REPORT [KR346] Keiser Report: Boom & Bust Vicious Cycle We discuss punk rock ‘Tall Paul’ giving the two finger salute to Ben Bernanke’s QE3 and gold adjusting for zero growth, yield, velocity and confidence. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to the author of Paper Money Collapse, Detlev Schlichter of DetlevSchlichter.com, about quantitative easing to infinity, Central Banking ‘devils’ and the future for the gold standard.
• KEISER REPORT [KR347] Keiser Report: Defraudsters We discuss the audacious finance oligarchies and high speed stock manipulators OOPSING again by front running clients (oops!) and manipulating market prices (oops!). And, once again, the US regulators have just ‘aw shucks’ fined them a small portion of their ill-gotten gains. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to Will Carless of VoiceOfSanDiego.com about the billion dollar cost of repaying back a $105 million dollar loan to Poway School District in San Diego.
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Rob Kirby Great interview with Rob Kirby of KirbyAnalytics. Kirby goes into detail on derivatives, manipulation, JP Morgan and the true story behind Libor manipulation.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM1250] The Truth About Markets – 22 September 2012 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Pepe Escobar June 30, 2012: Globetrotting journalist Pepe Escobar discusses his article “Syria and Turkey’s Phantom War;” Turkey’s violation of Syrian airspace in a purposeful, measured provocation and test of Syria’s defenses; the near-invocation of NATO Article 5 and a wider war (an attack on one NATO country is an attack on all); looking for ways to bypass the UN on Syria, since China and Russia won’t let an interventionist resolution pass the Security Council; grand plans for NATO expansion in the official “Assured Security, Dynamic Engagement” plan; counterrevolutions in the Middle East and South America, as the US looks to rebuild its portfolio of client states; and how Qatar has become the new superpower in the Middle East, surpassing even Saudi Arabia.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Republican Vice-Presidential nominee Paul Ryan (R-WI)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml