Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Nine-Eleven at 11 and its Blowback First off Happy Birthday to OCCUPY WALL ST! And they're celebrating and having a reunion of sorts in NYC this weekend with actions planned all week. Go to S17NYC.org for more information. However the Common Dreams Staff report Twitter Hands Over Occupy Tweets to New York Judge Twitter was forced to hand over Occupy protester tweets to a New York criminal judge on Friday, following an ongoing battle between prosecutors and the social media site over the privacy of the data. The tweets in question were posted by Occupy protestor Malcolm Harris, one of many arrested during a mass protest on the Brooklyn Bridge in October 2011. Harris has been on trial following charges from the protest. Harris argues that police intentionally led protesters onto the bridge's roadway and proceeded to arrest him for obstructing traffic. Manhattan district attorney's office believe they can use the tweets as evidence that Harris intentionally broke the law. A New York Judge ruled on Tuesday that Twitter must produce Harris' Tweets by today or face fines. The company's lawyers made one final plea in court Friday, but the judge refused. Twitter had originally argued that releasing Harris' posts would violate fourth amendment privacy rights. The ruling is a substantial attack on constitutional rights, according to the ACLU, as the information is being collected without a previously required search warrant, which requires probable cause. Harris' lawyer, Martin Stolar, said the decision by Twitter to hand over the messages today "certainly doesn't help out the case." "I assume Twitter made a business decision, that they did not want to go into contempt. I would think they would be better off making a business decision to stick up for the fundamental privacy rights of their customers," he stated. Stolar said Friday he would again appeal the use of the tweets in the case. In related news Global Research News reports Occupy the Trans Pacific Partnership: Civil Disobedience Blocks Entrance to Site of TPP Negotiations in VA with pictures! September 11th, 2012 Lansdowne, VA – Two people were detained this morning after a tense stand-off with police while blockading international trade negotiators from entering the Lansdowne Resort, site of the secretive Trans Pacific Partnership negotiations taking place this week. Other activists greeted the arriving international negotiators with a 75-foot high banner suspended by weather balloons shaped like giant buttocks that read “Free Trade My Ass: Flush the TPP.” A rapidly growing movement is organizing to oppose the unprecedented lack of transparency surrounding the Obama Administration’s handling of the TPP discussions. While 600 corporate lobbyists have been allowed access to and input on the draft texts from the beginning of negotiations three years ago, the public and even members of US Congress have not been allowed to see what is being proposed on their behalf. “People need to know that the Trans Pacific Partnership is being negotiated in secret to hide the content. The TPP will redefine the terms of trade in ways that give corporations power over nations, makes them unaccountable and threatens the health of people and the future of the planet,” said Baltimore native Dr. Margaret Flowers, co-director of ItsOurEconomy.us, as she dangled by a climbing harness 20 feet above the pavement and dozens of agitated police officers and sheriff’s deputies. Flowers is a medical doctor and said she was moved to take action in particular because she is concerned about the likelihood that the TPP would increase drug prices by expanding corporate patent rights. Police responded aggressively at first to the blockade, threatening to taze the metal poles suspending Flowers and to pepper spray the mother of three into compliance. Confused trade negotiators abandoned cars and attempted to walk towards the hotel complex. Stymied by how to safely remove her and open the roadway, police representatives eventually sought to negotiate Flowers exit. Flowers only agreed to be removed if her colleague, Dick Ochs, who had been handcuffed and detained for blocking the road was also released. Eventually the police agreed to release Flowers and Ochs if she lowered herself on her own accord. No arrest for Margaret, Dick Ochs released - “The TPP is called a ‘trade agreement,’ but in actuality it is a long-dreamed-of template for implementing a binding system of global corporate governance as bold as anything the world’s wealthiest elite has attempted before. It is outrageous that civil disobedience like this is necessary to have the public’s voice included in these discussions. The stakes are just too high for the world’s environment and for farmers, workers and all of our intellectual property rights far into the future for these decisions to be made behind closed doors.” said Laurel Sutherlin of Rainforest Action Network, one of the organizations supporting this week’s demonstrations. Arthur Stamoulins of Citizen’s Trade Watch (which was not part of this action) is interviewed by Eddie Becker - In 2008, candidate Obama promised that as president he would renegotiate NAFTA with Canada and Mexico with new terms favorable to the United States. Now his administration is negotiating one of the largest corporate trade agreements in history, that would outsource jobs, lower wages and undermine environmental, consumer and labor laws. In a report on the TPP, Kevin Zeese, co-director of Its Our Economy wrote: “the Trans-Pacific Partnership would do even more harm to U.S. employment than NAFTA. The TPP is being negotiated in secret by the United States, Australia, Brunei, Chile, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam. It contains an unusual provision, a docking agreement, which allows other countries to join. This October, Canada and Mexico are expected join the TPP. Later, Japan and China will likely join but it will almost certainly not stop there. The TPP could set the standard for worldwide trade – a major reshuffling of our social contract with almost no public participation.” RELATED: Malaysia and the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPP) Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak lauds the achievements of his government in delivering economic growth while other countries struggle to avoid recession. That ability to deliver consistent economic development is threatened by the proposed US-backed Trans-Pacific Partnership, shaped in secret by private companies. Much more links and info from CorporateCriminalsExposed.com TPP FTA (TPPA): Trans-Pacific Partnership Free Trade Agreement Subordinates Nations (And People) To Corporations including "WHAT CAN YOU DO TO STOP TPP/TPPA, THE RISE OF CORPORATE FASCISM AND THE FALL OF DEMOCRACY?" Good item!
Paul Craig Roberts pens The 11th Anniversary of 9/11 reprinted at GlobalResearch.ca The article below was written for the Journal of 9/11 Studies for the eleventh anniversary of September 11, 2001, the day that terminated accountable government and American liberty. It is posted here with the agreement of the editors. In order to understand the improbability of the government’s explanation of 9/11, it is not necessary to know anything about what force or forces brought down the three World Trade Center buildings, what hit the Pentagon or caused the explosion, the flying skills or lack thereof of the alleged hijackers, whether the airliner crashed in Pennsylvania or was shot down, whether cell phone calls made at the altitudes could be received, or any other debated aspect of the controversy. You only have to know two things. One is that according to the official story, a handful of Arabs, mainly Saudi Arabians, operating independently of any government and competent intelligence service, men without James Bond and V for Vendetta capabilities, outwitted not only the CIA, FBI, and National Security Agency, but all 16 US intelligence agencies, along with all security agencies of America’s NATO allies and Israel’s Mossad. .....It is hard to image a more far-fetched story–except for the second thing you need to know: The humiliating failure of US National Security did not result in immediate demands from the President of the United States, from Congress, from the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and from the media for an investigation of how such improbable total failure could have occurred. No one was held accountable for the greatest failure of national security in world history. READ ON! Then from Washington's Blog 9/11: Criminal Incompetence and Ass-Covering by the Bush Administration and The Third Building Which Collapsed on 9/11 Was Not Hit By a Plane plus New York Times: White House Didn’t Stop 9/11 Because It Thought “Bin Laden Was Merely Pretending To Be Planning An Attack To Distract The Administration From Saddam Hussein” Today, the New York Times adds a bizarre new wrinkle to this story: (This by journalist Kurt Eichenwald -Ed.)
- I have read excerpts from many of [the still-classified Presidential Daily Briefs] … and come to an inescapable conclusion: the administration’s reaction to what Mr. Bush was told in the weeks before that infamous briefing reflected significantly more negligence than has been disclosed. In other words, the Aug. 6 document, for all of the controversy it provoked, is not nearly as shocking as the briefs that came before it. The direct warnings to Mr. Bush about the possibility of a Qaeda attack began in the spring of 2001. By May 1, the Central Intelligence Agency told the White House of a report that “a group presently in the United States” was planning a terrorist operation. Weeks later, on June 22, the daily brief reported that Qaeda strikes could be “imminent,” although intelligence suggested the time frame was flexible. But some in the administration considered the warning to be just bluster. An intelligence official and a member of the Bush administration both told me in interviews that the neoconservative leaders who had recently assumed power at the Pentagon were warning the White House that the C.I.A. had been fooled; according to this theory, Bin Laden was merely pretending to be planning an attack to distract the administration from Saddam Hussein, whom the neoconservatives saw as a greater threat. Intelligence officials, these sources said, protested that the idea of Bin Laden, an Islamic fundamentalist, conspiring with Mr. Hussein, an Iraqi secularist, was ridiculous, but the neoconservatives’ suspicions were nevertheless carrying the day. In response, the C.I.A. prepared an analysis that all but pleaded with the White House to accept that the danger from Bin Laden was real. “The U.S. is not the target of a disinformation campaign by Usama Bin Laden,” the daily brief of June 29 read, using the government’s transliteration of Bin Laden’s first name. Going on for more than a page, the document recited much of the evidence …. And the C.I.A. repeated the warnings in the briefs that followed. *** Yet, the White House failed to take significant action. Officials at the Counterterrorism Center of the C.I.A. grew apoplectic. On July 9, at a meeting of the counterterrorism group, one official suggested that the staff put in for a transfer so that somebody else would be responsible when the attack took place, two people who were there told me in interviews. The suggestion was batted down, they said, because there would be no time to train anyone else.
Here's some good news. John Glaser at AntiWar.com tells us Federal Judge Blocks NDAA Law on Indefinite Detention BUT The Obama administration immediately appealed the decision, despite claiming it has no interest in gaining new detention powers A federal judge on Wednesday blocked the government from enforcing a statute in a recent defense authorization bill permitting the indefinite detention without trial of terrorism suspects, even American citizens, only to have it appealed by the Obama administration. ... A group of journalists, academics and activists have filed suit, claiming the provision is unconstitutional and violates fifth amendment rights to due process. In May, Judge Katherine B. Forrest of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York agreed, issuing a preliminary injunction barring the government from using the law to detain anyone without trial, and Wednesday she made that injunction permanent in a 112-page opinion. The Judge concluded that the NDAA law appears to permit the President “to use all necessary force against anyone he deems involved in activities supporting enemy combatants, and therefore criminal laws and due process are suspended for any acts falling within the broad purview of what might constitute ‘substantially’ or ‘directly supporting’ terrorist organizations. If this is what Congress in fact intended,” she said, “no doubt it goes too far.” The Obama administration, which claims it has no interest in detaining US citizens without charge or trial, filed an appeal to the decision. And in not-so-good news Trevor Timm at Electronic Frontier Foundation reports Fight over FISA Amendments Act Moves to the Senate, as the House Passes the Broad, Warrantless Spying Bill Yesterday, the House of Representatives voted to renew the dangerous FISA Amendment Act—which hands the NSA broad, warrantless surveillance powers over Americans’ international communications—for another five years. Sadly, the House refused to add any new oversight powers or privacy protections, despite ample evidence NSA has used it to unconstitutionally spy on Americans. In fact, Rep. Lamar Smith, the bill’s co-sponsor, would not even allow any amendments to come up for a vote. ..... They could have mandated the government release redacted versions of FISA court opinions, at least one of which we know ruled the NSA was engaged in unconstitutional surveillance. The House could also have forced NSA reveal a general estimate of how many Americans’ privacy have been violated. Or they could have required an individual warrant standard for the American side of the communications. None of these amendments were even were allowed to be voted on. The fight to stop the warrantless wiretapping of American citizens now moves to the Senate, where just today, a bipartisan group of 13 Senators—led by Sen. Ron Wyden—sent a letter to the NSA demanding answers to a series questions about how many Americans have been illegally spied on, and how they’ll prevent it in the future. Wyden has also commendably put a hold on the bill in the Senate, and he says he will not remove it until the NSA gives the American public more information on its activities. EFF urges the rest of the Senate to stand up for the Constitution and reject the FISA Amendments Act. And we urge you to join EFF and get their excellent newsletters via email. Well wouldn't ya know yer Korporate Media won't talk about any of this except the protests in the Greater Middle East. Leading the pack is WH Limo Rider U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations SUSAN RICE who hits for the cycle with Jake Tapper on This Snufagopolis, Face the Bob, Meet the David, State of the Candy and even FAKE SNOOZE! Throw bricks at hard-right-winger BENJAMIN "I want war with Iran" NETANUAHU who coincidentally is on Meet the Tapper and State of Candy also. Of note is General WES CLARK on the This Weak roundtable (our fly-on-the-wall sez Clark may be auditioning for a position in the Obomber WH for the next term) facing off against brick target LIZZARD CHENEY. Maybe Clark will get in more words that he did in any of the 2004 Dem Primary debates? (Remember it was ABC's PETER JENNINGS who possibly single-handedly may have submarined Clark's 2004 candidacy in the NH Debate.) And Candy snags an exclusive with NANCY "Impeachment is off the table" PELOSI. We're sure there will be plenty of "he said she said he said" fodder for the election year "news" programming but very little substance, more light and heat but not much fire. Turn off yer teevee and click something ANYTHING below and be instantly smarter! Try DON SIEGELMAN with BRAD FRIEDMAN on Friday's MIKE MALLOY SHOW, Peter B with Our Man in Pipelineistan PEPE ESCOBAR and Presidential Candidate ROCKY ANDERSON and HARVEY WASSERMAN on how the GOP will try to steal yet another election. You can't miss CHRIS HEDGES on DN! and also with LAURA FLANDERS on GRITtv. Plus RICHARD CLARKE on Ring of Fire Radio and GLENN GREENWALD with SAM on MajorityReport.fm and so much more to watch, read and listen to. So get busy! The Brick TeeVee Mason Crew will be busy adding more bricks to our fancy new porch (film at 11) while we wait for the garden veggies to ripen. The left-over bricks will turn into a fire pit and small grill! Just in time for Halloween! See you next week!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
Monday, September 10, 2012
- Chicago’s Teachers’ Strike Chicago Public Teachers Stage Historic Strike in Clash with Mayor Rahm Emanuel on Education Reforms PLUS Striking Teachers, Parents Join Forces to Oppose "Corporate" Education Model in Chicago AND Chicago Teachers Strike Could Portend Referendum on Obama Admin’s Approach to Education Reform
- Ronnie Garza & attorney Greg Gladden Infiltrating Occupy: Austin Activists Face Charges for Equipment Provided by Undercover Police
- Eli Wolff Disabled Athlete, Advocate Eli Wolff on the Overlooked Dynamism & Diversity of the Paralympic Games
- Don Siegelman Ex-Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman Speaks Out on Karl Rove, Witch Hunt Hours Before Returning to Jail
- Chicago’s Teachers’ Strike Thousands Rally in Chicago Teachers’ Strike, Pushing Back Against Corporatized Education Reform
- Chris Hedges Chris Hedges: Dems Owe Chicago Public Teachers Support for "Most Important Labor Action in Decades" AND Chris Hedges on 9/11, Touring U.S. Economic Disaster Zones in "Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt"
- Nizar Sarieldin & Vijay PrashadU.S. Ambassador to Libya Killed as Anti-Islam Film Inflames "Repressed Social Forces" Post-Gaddafi
- Kurt Eichenwald "500 Days": Author Kurt Eichenwald’s New Account of How Bush Admin Ignored Warnings Before 9/11
- Attorney Stephen Kohn Whistleblower Brad Birkenfeld Rewarded Record $104M for Exposing How UBS Helped Rich Evade Taxes
- Iona Craig & Sharif Abdel Kouddous Middle East Protests at U.S. Embassies Spread in Uproar over Anti-Muslim U.S. Film
- Tariq Ramadan Islamic Scholar Tariq Ramadan on the Growing Mideast Protests and "Islam & the Arab Awakening"
- Smiley & West As U.S. Inequality Widens, Scholar Cornel West and Broadcaster Tavis Smiley Launch Poverty Tour 2.0
- ACLU-PA's Vic Walczak & Pittsburgh School of Law's Jessie Allen Could Pennsylvania Voter ID Law Help Romney Win Race? Up to 1 Million Voters Face Disenfranchisement
- Marc Bookman & Frank Cervone In Controversial Death Row Case, Pennsylvania Prepares to Execute Man Who Killed His Sexual Abusers
- Doug Shields, former Pittsburgh city councilmember Pittsburgh Ban on Natural Gas Fracking Faces Challenge from State Authorities
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
- Lawmakers concerned about the health effects on humans from mountaintop removal coal mining set forth legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives today. Representatives Dennis Kucinich (OH), Louise Slaughter (NY), Maurice Hinchey (NY), Earl Blumenauer (OR), Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA), John Yarmuth (KY), Lynn Woolsey (CA), Judy Chu (CA), Raúl Grijalva (AZ), James Moran (VA), Michael Honda (CA), John Conyers (MI), and Keith Ellison (MN) introduced the Appalachian Communities Health Emergency (ACHE) Act [H.R. 5959] which would place a moratorium on permitting for mountaintop removal coal mining until health studies are conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services. The ACHE coalition presently consists of participants from Coal River Mountain Watch, Mountain Health and Heritage Association, and Christians for the Mountains. “We encourage you, if you’re concerned about mountaintop removal’s effect on your community’s health, to join us in making your voice heard,” said Allen Johnson, executive director of Christians for the Mountains. “Please contact us, learn about the issue, and take action to protect your community.”
- This Week (ABC) Host Jake Tapper
• U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News global affairs anchor Christiane Amanpour, ABC News senior foreign affairs correspondent Martha Raddatz, and ABC News chief investigative correspondent Brian Ross
• ROUNDTABLE II: George Will; Liz Cheney; Ret. General Wesley Clark, former NATO Supreme Allied Commander Europe; PBS' "Washington Week" moderator and managing editor Gwen Ifill; and ABC News senior political correspondent Jonathan Karl.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Libyan Interim President Mohammed el-Megarif
• U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice
• Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)
• Council on Foreign Relations President Richard Haass
• former U.S. Ambassador to Israel Martin Indyk
• ROUNDTABLE: New York Times' David Sanger, TIME's Bobby Ghosh, and CBS News' Margaret Brennan and John Dickerson.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Spymaster Speaks - While the possibility of a nuclear-armed Iran becomes an election year issue, ex-Mossad Chief Meir Dagan sits down with Lesley Stahl to discuss the Iranian nuclear question. Shachar Bar-On is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
• U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice
• ROUNDTABLE: Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN ); Chairman of the Homeland Security Committee, Rep Peter King (R-NY); author of the new book "The Price of Politics," The Washington Post’s, Bob Woodward; the Atlantic’s Jeffrey Goldberg; and NBC's Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent, Andrea Mitchell.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
• Susan Rice, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations
• House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY!!!!! Uber Pope/Rabbi/Imam Bob lets the Religious Right have it! Listen HERE (mp3) NOW! Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - September 13, 2012 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: US solar industry fights off Republican attacks; US wind industry does, too; PLUS: Rightwing media FAIL in attacking the Chevy Volt --- again ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): NW wildfires vex crews; $50 solar-powered water purifier is so green it’s like a joke; America's first ocean-energy project now delivering; Arctic ice melt 'like adding 20 years of CO2 emissions'; Ice floes continue to shut out Shell's Arctic drilling; Gaps in US nuclear regulations; US media climate change coverage drops further; Common railroad car increases risk of hazmat spills; Canadian mining company admits 100 years of polluting WA's Columbia River ... PLUS: Calculating the true cost of electricity ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! BREAKING: Scott Walker's Anti-Union Law Struck Down by WI Judge as Unconstitutional, 'Null & Void' Just breaking from AP: MADISON, Wis. - A Wisconsin judge has struck down the state law championed by Gov. Scott Walker that effectively ended collective bargaining rights for most public workers. Dane County Circuit Judge Juan Colas ruled Friday that the law violates both the state and U.S. Constitution and is null and void. The ruling comes after a lawsuit brought by the Madison teachers union and a union for Milwaukee city employees. Walker spokesman Cullen Werwie says he is confident the decision will be overturned on appeal. It was not clear if the ruling means the law is immediately suspended. The law took away nearly all collective bargaining rights from most workers and has been in effect for more than a year.
• BRADCAST UPDATE! Don Siegelman and Daughter Dana on KPFK's 'BradCast'
• BRADCAST UPDATE! Brad Guest Hosts 'Malloy' on Insanely Busy News Night TONIGHT: Author Kurt Eichenwald, Philadelphia Election Comm. Chair Stephanie Singer; Gov. Don Siegelman's Daughter Dana; MORE!... UPDATED with audio archives!
• Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Now up to 9,500+ Election Protection posts! Find out who's counting your votes and how at ElectionIntegrity.org too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Standard Podcast September 12, 2012 Boiling Frogs: Pepe Escobar on the Real Scene in Syria, Threats to Attack Iran, and More
• PBC Standard Podcast September 13, 2012 Legal Victory! Attorney Carl Mayer Reports on Court Ruling that Nullifies Detention Provisions of NDAA; Warning! Harvey Wasserman on How the GOP Will Steal the Election
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This week on Ring of Fire September 14, 2012
• Former National Security coordinator Richard Clark will be joining us to talk about the national security failures of the Bush Administration that led to the attacks of 9/11.
• Indiana gubernatorial candidate John Gregg will join us to talk about his campaign against Republican Mike Pence.
• Gaius Publius from AmericaBlog will tell us how the Koch brothers have hijacked the Republican Party.
• And EcoWatch founder Stefanie Spear will tell us why switching to a clean energy economy will help solve some of the largest problems facing our country.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473)or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Citizens Media Asks The Questions Traditional Media Won’t Mike Papantonio talks about how the citizens’ media – independent blogs, newspapers, and radio shows – are asking the tough questions and telling the stories that the traditional media has failed to do.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Republican War Hawks Salivating Over Libya Mike Papantonio appears on The Big Picture with Thom Hartmann to talk about how the mainstream media is giving Mitt Romney a free pass on his Libya lies.
• Support Those Who Support Progressive Media! 2011 has certainly been a great year for Ring of Fire, and we’ve had some great sponsors that have helped support the show throughout the year. We wanted to take the time to personally thank each and every one of them, and we encourage all of our listeners to take the time to support those who have support us.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 8-11 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• September 10, 2012 Digby, the Grand Bargain and the DNC
• September 11, 2012 Rick Perlstein on the Chicago Teachers Strike!
• September 12, 2012 Richard Clarke From the Archives
• September 13, 2012 Glenn Greenwald on Getting Away with Torture & Jeff Smith Previews Occupy’s One Year Anniversary
• September 14, 2012 No Show Today, But You Can Watch Sam Host Up With Chris This Weekend! Tune in this weekend at 8am Saturday and Sunday to watch Sam host "Up With Chris Hayes" on MSNBC.
• MORE Podcast Interviews at Majority.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV PLUS here is Max Keiser’s official Facebook page And here is the official Keiser Report page
• The official Facebook pages for Max Keiser & Keiser Report STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead. Max Keiser & Keiser Report PLUS Stacey Herbert
• The “Keiser Report” has been begging europe to do this for years by maxkeiser READ European Banks Preparing To Boycott Big Three Rating Agencies (zerohedge.com)
• CNBC’s Admission, yes: Silver market is manipulated (skip to 9:30) by maxkeiser READ CNBC Host States Silver Manipulation is a Fact, NOT a Conspiracy! sliverdoctors.com with VIDEO! Once Barclays pointed the finger at BoE as colluding on Libor manipulation (instead of denying it), the roof got ripped off decades of blatant manipulation in these markets. The dollar and U.S. bonds have been protected with Fed interference and outright manipulation; same thing in the UK. And to bolster the price for sovereign bonds, the price of Gold and Silver has been manipulated down alongside the upside price movements of worthless paper. Ratings at CNBC have been plummeting this year – as the audience is way ahead of their talking heads on these points. When CNBC admits that markets, especially silver, are rigged, the few remaining viewers they have collectively sigh; ‘I heard that on Keiser Report three years ago.’ READ CNBC: Silver and Financial Markets Are Manipulated, But So What? Jesse's Crossroads Cafe
• Catherine Austin Fitts Commentary on Financial Holocaust
• Fed decides to perpetually bail out banks with new 'QE to infinity'. The free market just died. The idea of values and price discovery is no more. We now live in a post-fiat; post-fractional reserve world where banks float virtual money collateralized by off-balance sheet, theoretically present virtual assets and then trade these virtual securities using high speed 'high frequency trading' bots; charging fees to each other – the resultant draining of the economy; loss of jobs, etc. – in turn becoming the basis for more QE. The economy is backed by fees generated by trading imaginary assets using an unbacked currency. Net, net, this will NOT add jobs. This will gap the wealth and income wedge wider. This will spike the value of gold and silver to new all time highs. This will stoke more aggrevated social unrest. READ Fed Undertakes QE3 With $40 Billion in MBS Purchases Each Month (bloomberg.com)
• Fed 'Currency Debasement 3' (QE3) Sees Gold and Silver Surge 2% and 4.3% by Mark OByrne: Bernanke’s announcement of further money printing and ultra loose monetary policies saw gold and silver surge in all currencies yesterday. Gold rose $34.30 or 1.98% in New York and closed at $1,732.00. Silver soared to a high of $34.781 and finished with a gain of 4.34%. ..... This is the frightening vista we have been warning of for some time. It means that should the US economy enter a recession and or depression, which still seems very likely, that the Fed will continue printing money and debasing the dollar thereby leading to dollar devaluation and inflation – potentially virulent inflation on a par with or worse than that seen in the 1970's. We had long said that QE3 was inevitable – the question was when rather than if. Indeed, we had said that given Bernanke’s closeness to Wall Street we expected that QE4, QE5 etc. were likely. The "open ended" nature of this new round of QE as enunciated yesterday means that the Fed could if it wished or believes it is necessary print unlimited quantities of dollars. The consensus continues to be that Bernanke and the Fed’s actions in addressing U.S. economic ills are bold and progressive. The same consensus holds that the ECB’s (hindered by the Bundesbank and the will of the German people) failure to print euros 'bazooka' style is regressive, negative and risky. The consensus is mistaken again and in time the more prudent monetary policy stance of the Bundesbank, while painful in the short term, will be seen as having been the monetarily responsible course of action.
• Neocon takeover of government, Episode 491: the body politic snatchers of the TPP CAN KIWI COMMON SENSE STOP IT? Full Story at The Slog
• KEISER REPORT [KR339] Keiser Report: Blackhole of Bamboozlement We discuss the Paul Bunyan banks, which are too big to be true and all flow, no assets. They also discuss the Bermuda Triangle of Fraud and the London disease. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to investigative journalist and author, Leah McGrath Goodman about her being banned from the UK for reporting on the Jersey sex and murder scandal. They discuss the $5 billion per square mile in laundered money that means Jersey rises, while Switzerland sinks. Since this aired, Trevor Pitman, Deputy of the States of Jersey, has launched a petition to restore the Tier-1 UK visa of journalist Leah McGrath Goodman #FreeJersey. Sign it HERE.
• KEISER REPORT [KR340] Keiser Report: Banksters Bilking Billions We discuss David Cameron appointing former bankers to Treasury. We look at another former banker who became a Treasury Secretary only to become a bankster – Robert Rubin – and his role in Citigroup bilking Abu Dhabi of billions. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to Reggie Middleton about Facebook, fraud and financialization.
• KEISER REPORT [KR341] Keiser Report: Collateral Transformation We discuss Jamie Dimon's collateral transformation desk feeding the multitude of banksters with five quadrillion in infinitely leveraged toxic derivatives and two Treasury bills of a bankrupt nation. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to Joshua Mellors of SocialJusticeFirst.com about financial suicides and the government and banking policies that cause it.
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Yanis Varoufakis
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [Tam-1248] The Truth About That Dunkin’ Donuts Two For One Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Pepe Escobar June 30, 2012: Globetrotting journalist Pepe Escobar discusses his article “Syria and Turkey’s Phantom War;” Turkey’s violation of Syrian airspace in a purposeful, measured provocation and test of Syria’s defenses; the near-invocation of NATO Article 5 and a wider war (an attack on one NATO country is an attack on all); looking for ways to bypass the UN on Syria, since China and Russia won’t let an interventionist resolution pass the Security Council; grand plans for NATO expansion in the official “Assured Security, Dynamic Engagement” plan; counterrevolutions in the Middle East and South America, as the US looks to rebuild its portfolio of client states; and how Qatar has become the new superpower in the Middle East, surpassing even Saudi Arabia.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Susan Rice, the U.S. Ambassador to the U.N.
• Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, Mike Rogers (R-MI)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml