Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
TWO-WEEK CATCH-UP! Sorry we missed last week! So much SERIOUS SHIT went down so here are some stories we were watching. Check these out!
- ACHE ACT BILL RE-INTRODUCED IN THE 113TH CONGRESS: See Jeff Biggers at HuffPoAOL Reintroduced ACHE Act Is the No-Brainer Bill of the Year: Will Congress Finally Deal With This Health Emergency?
"They cannot escape this science...the people demand relief of this situation" -Bob Kincaid. RELATED:Delius Appalachia Part 1 of 4 at youtube.com
- UN Human Rights Council report on Israel settlements - cbc.ca UN says Israeli settlements violate human rights Report to UN Human Rights Council slams Israel's 'creeping annexation' of Palestinian territories
- Drone King: Glenn Greenwald - guardian.co.uk Chilling legal memo from Obama DOJ justifies assassination of US citizens The president's partisan lawyers purport to vest him with the most extreme power a political leader can seize
- Fabius Maximus - fabiusmaximus.com Obama repeals Magna Carta, asserting powers our forefathers denied to Kings
- Jeremy Scahill on John "The Worm" Brennan testimony - democracynow.org Jeremy Scahill: Assassinations of U.S. Citizens Largely Ignored at Brennan CIA Hearing Ann Wright Code Pink
Jermy Scahill "Kabuki oversight" "buying a used car" Assassination Czar "The whole thing was a show."
- Italian court overturns lower court acquittals on cia rendition - washingtonpost.com Milan appeals court convicts 2 Italian spy chiefs in CIA rendition case
- CIA secret base in Saudi Arabia - Adrian Chen - GAWKER.com Is This The CIA’s Secret Saudi Arabia Drone Base?
- Spencer Ackerman - wired.com More Than 50 Countries Helped the CIA Outsource Torture new report from the Open Society Foundation
- Keep up with news of Chris Hedges et al lawsuit against the president StopNDAA.org
- Standard and Poors explained - Prairie2.com Blue Ribbon, Grade AAA, Certified rancid crap, but it's good for you
- TRY THE LASAGNA! - BBC Findus beef lasagne contained up to 100% horsemeat, FSA says The meat of some beef lasagne products recalled by Findus earlier this week was 100% horsemeat, the Food Standards Agency (FSA) has said.
- ZeroHedge: Pot vs Kettle, Edition 2,851 Hypocrisy Defined: DOJ's Infamous Lanny Breuer Accuses RBS Of "Stunning Abuse Of Trust"
- More zerohedge Fraudclosure Fail | ROMAN PINO vs THE BANK OF NEW YORK – Florida Supreme Court: We Can't Stop the Fraud
- Dan Crawford (Rdan) - angrybearblog.com DEAR PAUL KRUGMAN Please Read This about Social Security
- Guns and Butter Radio- William K Black - KPFA-FM 94.1 Guns and Butter - February 29, 2012 at 1:00pm
- DOCUMENTARY: The Culture of Fear
- FRACKING UPDATE: Karen Charman - whowhatwhy.com Can a Small Community Throw a Monkey Wrench into the Global Fracking Machine?
- FUKUSHIMA UPDATE: The legacy of Fukushima: Two years on
- Freedom of the Press Foundation UPDATE: Kevin Gosztola - firedoglake.com Group Launched to Support WikiLeaks, Transparency Journalism Reports Incredible Success
- Ryan Gallagher - slate.com The Threat of Silence Meet the groundbreaking new encryption app set to revolutionize privacy and freak out the feds.
- CATHOLIC CHURCH FETUS DEFENSE UPDATE: By Electa Draper The Denver Post Catholic lawyers in Colorado won't cite defense of fetuses aren't people Catholic Health Initiatives and St. Thomas More Hospital in Cañon City acknowledged Monday it was morally wrong for their attorneys to defend a medical malpractice case in the death of unborn twins by arguing Colorado law doesn't consider fetuses to be persons.
- CDO budget 2013 - Erik Wasson - thehill.com CBO projects $845B budget deficit for 2013
- Ian Welsh - ianwelsh.net The coming catastrophes and the Rawlsian veil of ignorance
- Ten year anniversary powell UN speech on DN! Decade After Iraq WMD Speech at UN, Ex-Powell Aide Lawrence Wilkerson Debates Author Norman Solomon
- AmazonWatch.org Indigenous Leaders Confront Ecuadorian Government in Houston Indigenous leaders from the Ecuadorian Amazon have traveled to Houston to challenge the Ecuadorian government face-to-face during its XI Round oil concession promotional activities around the North America Prospect Expo (NAPE), the oil prospecting industry's semi-annual trade show where government officials scheduled meetings with oil company executives and investors seeking to auction off a vast swath of pristine Amazon rainforest.
- Free Speech Radio Network Seattle activists push back against police use of drones The Washington ACLU has joined with other community groups in calling upon the Seattle City Council to enact legislation regulating the use of civilian drones in the city. UPDATE: USA Today Seattle mayor ends police drone efforts.
- David Swanson - Open Mike at michaelmoore.com First U.S. City Passes Anti-Drone Resolution
- Davey D, journalist, activist, co-host of Hard Knock Radio on KPFA Wanted for Killing 3, Christopher Dorner’s Claims of Racism, Corruption Resonate with LAPD’s Critics
- Trita Parsi, founder and president of the National Iranian American Council Despite Offer of Direct Talks, U.S. Intensifies "Sanctions-Centric" Economic War Against Iran
- Moore & Hedges Michael Moore, Chris Hedges on Challenging NDAA Indefinite Detention and the "Corporate Coup d’État"
- Tim Shorrock, independent journalist North Korea Nuclear Test Sends Message to Washington One Week After U.S.-South Korean War Games
- Barbara Blaine, president and founder of SNAP & Sister Simone Campbell, executive director of NETWORK After Pope Benedict, Progressive Catholics and Priest Victims Call for a More Inclusive Papacy
- Barbara Ransby, author of the newly published biography, Eslanda: The large and Unconventional Life of Mrs. Paul Robeson Remembering the Overlooked Life of Eslanda Robeson, Wife of Civil Rights Legend Paul Robeson
- Cathy Cohen, Black Youth Project & Bob Herbert, Demos Beyond Gun Control, Obama Urged to Tackle Joblessness, Incarceration and U.S. "Culture of Violence" AND Obama’s SOTU Address Calls for Middle-Class Revival, But Poverty & Inequality Still Get Short Shrift
- Kathy Kelly, co-coordinator of Voices for Creative Nonviolence Despite Planned Troop Withdrawal, Special Ops & Private Forces Prepare to Continue Afghan War
- Aura Bogado, The Nation As Obama Touts Pathway to Citizenship, Record Deportations Leave Undocumented Immigrants in Fear
- Michael Brune, executive director of the Sierra Club 48 Arrested at Keystone Pipeline Protest as Sierra Club Lifts 120-Year Ban on Civil Disobedience
- Actress Daryl Hannah "We Need To Push Him": Actress Daryl Hannah Arrested While Urging Obama to Reject Keystone Pipeline
- Maryam Alkhawaja, acting president of the Bahrain Center for Human Rights "Two Years of Deaths and Detentions": Bahraini Pro-Democracy Protesters Mark Anniversary of Uprising
- Eve Ensler One Billion Rising: Playwright Eve Ensler Organizes Global Day of Dance Against Sexual Abuse
- Norm Stamper, former Seattle police chief An Intentional Fire? Police Use of Incendiary Tear Gas Criticized in Killing of Christopher Dorner
- Stamper & Radley Balko, Huffington Post From Dorner to Waco to MOVE Bombing, A Look at Growing Militarization of Domestic Policing
- Benjamin Jealous, President of the NAACP NAACP: New Election Commission Needed to Address Voter Suppression, Attacks on Voting Rights
»»» FEATURED SHOW Tony Benn: The World Says No To War On February 15, 2003, Tony Benn helped lead one of the largest demonstrations London has ever seen.
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NBA ALL-STAR GAME on TNT SUNDAY 8 pm et
»»» NBA on TNT THURSDAY Doubleheader! Heat @ Bulls 8 pm et then Spurs @ Clippers 10:30 pm
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communi ties
- Lawmakers concerned about the health effects on humans from mountaintop removal coal mining set forth legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives today. Representatives Dennis Kucinich (OH), Louise Slaughter (NY), Maurice Hinchey (NY), Earl Blumenauer (OR), Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA), John Yarmuth (KY), Lynn Woolsey (CA), Judy Chu (CA), Raúl Grijalva (AZ), James Moran (VA), Michael Honda (CA), John Conyers (MI), and Keith Ellison (MN) introduced the Appalachian Communities Health Emergency (ACHE) Act H.R. 5959 which would place a moratorium on permitting for mountaintop removal coal mining until health studies are conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services. The ACHE coalition presently consists of participants from Coal River Mountain Watch, Mountain Health and Heritage Association, and Christians for the Mountains. “We encourage you, if you’re concerned about mountaintop removal’s effect on your community’s health, to join us in making your voice heard,” said Allen Johnson, executive director of Christians for the Mountains. “Please contact us, learn about the issue, and take action to protect your community.”
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Community Wealth Building in Action: The Cleveland Model Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar featuring David Cobb's Barnstorming Tour! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network UPDATE! Common Dreams staff writer Beth Brogan posts Exposing US War Crimes or Not, Judge Denies Manning's Whistleblower Defense In a significant—but not unexpected— blow to his defense, a military judge has ruled that Bradley Manning's attorney [David Coombs] may not argue that Manning's motive in releasing documents and the damning video "Collateral Murder" to WikiLeaks was to call attention to US war crimes. ....... The Guardian reports that Colonel Denise Lind "ruled that general issues of motive were not relevant to the trial stage of the court martial, and must be held back until Manning either entered a plea or was found guilty, at which point it could be used in mitigation to lessen the sentence." Lind also ruled that Coombs may not present evidence that the documents released to WikiLeaks caused little or no damage to US national security. Coombs will be able to raise that evidence when addressing the specific charge of aiding the enemy, as FiredogLake's Kevin Gosztola points out, "in order to prove he did not know passing information to WikiLeaks would result in 'dealing with the enemy.'" ....... Last week, prosecutors said that if Manning had released documents to The New York Times instead of WikiLeaks, they would still charge him with aiding the enemy. Never before has a soldier been jailed for releasing information to the media. The Los Angeles Times subsequently published an editorial criticizing "the federal government's unprecedented targeting, in recent years, of whistleblowers and those who leak to the press," and calling the charge of aiding the enemy "excessive."
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
The essential guide for watching government propaganda!
THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wisc.
• Newly-appointed White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough
• Sunday Spotlight, Dr. Ben Carson, Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will; Rep. Joaquín Castro, D-Texas; Former House Speaker and 2012 Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich; Washington Post columnist Ruth Marcus; and Romney 2012 campaign senior adviser Stuart Stevens.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Dennis McDonough, the new White House Chief of Staff
• Haley Barbour, the former Republican Governor of Mississippi
Cory Booker, the mayor of Newark, who plans to run for the Senate now-- Senator Frank Lautenberg announced he'd retire
• ROUNDTABLE:Tom Ricks of Foreign Policy Magazine, David Ignatius of The Washington Post, and Margaret Brennan of CBS News on foreign affairs
• ROUNDTABLE II: domestic policy and political roundtable featuring Cook Political Report's Amy Walter, Michael Gerson of the Washington Post, and CBS News Political Director John Dickerson
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Iron Dome - Bob Simon reports on Israel's "Iron Dome," a game-changing defense system that the Israeli Air Force says shot down 85 percent of the rockets its enemies fired into the country from nearby Gaza last November. Andy Court is the producer.
• Africa Mercy - The world's largest civilian hospital ship takes volunteer medical staff to the Third World where they have restored sight to thousands of people suffering from cataracts and returned smiles to victims of facial tumors and cleft palates. Scott Pelley reports. Henry Schuster and Rachael Kun Morehouse are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• New White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough
• Senator John McCain (R-AZ)
• Retired Space Shuttle Commander Mark Kelly, husband of former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ)
• ROUNDTABLE: Lt. Governor of California Gavin Newsom; Founder and Chair of Good 360, Carly Fiorina; Republican strategist Alex Castellanos; and host of MSNBC’s Hardball, Chris Matthews.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• New York Senator Chuck Schumer
• Republican Senator John Barrasso of Wyoming
• Senator Jack Reed of Rhode Island
• Intelligence Committee Chairman, Michigan Congressman Mike Rogers
• ROUNDTABLE: Former Republican Congressman Steven LaTourette, former Biden chief of staff Ron Klain, Jeff Zeleny from the New York Times, and C-N-N Chief Congressional Correspondent Dana Bash.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY!!!!! Last show of the week as Bob travels to Wisconsin to talk about coal mining. Keep Bob on the air HERE ya hear? Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - February 14, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Special Coverage: Climate change takes center stage at the State of the Union address (though not in the corporate media) while activists and Senate Democrats turn up the heat ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link):Fukushima: 3 youth diagnosed with thyroid cancer; GAO warns weather is changing; Superstorm Sandy 2nd costliest; $188b cost for weather disasters in two years; NY to ban Styrofoam cups?; NJ officials charged with poisoning drinking water; Tesla v. NYTimes; Solar 'glass' breakthrough; Fox News 'stands in way of energy security progress'; Refinery fire: Chevron refinery pipes 80% corroded; Industry ousts scientist from EPA panel ... PLUS: Global climate treaties work: Antarctic ozone hole smallest in 10 yrs ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Swift Voting or Swift Boating? Obama taps disgraced Bush/Cheney/Swift Boat operative, Ben Ginsberg to co-chair new 'non-partisan' election reform commission...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Repub Double Voting Guilty Plea in NV, Felony Charge in NM Gullible GOP voters who took matters into their own hands during 2012's 'Year of GOP Election Fraud'...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Yes, Marco, We Noticed Marco Rubio's 'gulp heard round the world' and other amusing moments from State of the Union 2012...
• BRADCAST UPDATE! KPFK 'BradCast': The Blocked Prop 37 'Recount' and the Fight to Count Paper BallotsYesterday on KPFK/Pacifica Radio's BradCast I was joined by Tom Courbat, longtime Election Integrity advocate and 25-year former CA county fiscal manager, and Dr. John Maa, who initiated and paid for the first "recount" of a statewide initiative in California (Prop 29)......
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Standard Podcast February 8, 2013 Attorney Carl Mayer Reports on NDAA Appeals Hearing; City Councilman Mark Friedman Declines to Pledge Allegiance
• PBC Standard Podcast February 11, 2013 Reaction to Pope’s Resignation from Father Tom Reese, Former Editor of ‘America’
• PBC Standard Podcast February 15, 2013 Single Payer! Rep. Alan Grayson Files "Medicare You Can Buy Into" Act
• PBC News & Comment February 16, 2013Reposting, Audio Fixed: PBC News & comment: Grayson Introduces Single Payer Bill Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL) returns to discuss his “Medicare You Can Buy Into Act”, which cost him re-election in 2010….
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern
• Dr. Michael Mann will be here to tell us about the new, oil-funded groups that are working to spread misinformation and lies about climate change.
• Tim Dickinson from Rolling Stone will tell us how the NRA continues to win legislative battles that put Americans in harm’s way.
• Labor writer Josh Eidelson will be here to tell us how non-traditional workers’ rights groups are helping to fight the battles that American unions once fought.
• And author Les Leopold will join us to talk about how hedge funds and Wall Street bankers make billions by scamming the government and American taxpayers.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• Papantonio: It’s Time To Prosecute Wall Street Criminals (VIDEO) If a person in the US were to walk into a bank and demand the teller hand over all the cash in the place, he’d be in handcuffs before he could even make it to the door. But when the bank owner does the same thing, we help them out by giving them billions of dollars in bailout money. That scenario is what happened when bankers on Wall Street crashed our economy, and billions by pushing us into economic collapse. And no one has gone to jail. Mike Papantonio talks about why we’re so afraid to put bankers in handcuffs, and what we can do to help push the government towards taking action, with Dan Petegorsky, the campaign coordinator for the Campaign for a Fair Settlement.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Time For Harry Reid To Step Down (VIDEO) Mike Papantonio appears on The Big Picture with Thom Hartmann to discuss the weak-willed Democratic leader of the Senate Harry Reid, and why, if he retains his leadership post, the Democrats will continue to lose battles against the Republican minority.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Following The Money On The NRA (VIDEO) Mike Papantonio talks with Thom Hartmann on The Big Picture about the fear that is being sold to Americans by the NRA, all in an effort to sell more firearms for the NRA’s corporate benefactors.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 8-11 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 2/11/13 Benny Brunner: The Great Book Robbery & KC Boyd On Christian Zionists
• TUESDAY 2/12/13 Duncan Black: 401K Failure & The Need For Increased SS Benefits
• WEDNESDAY 2/13/13 SOTU Reactions With Adam Green & John Amato
• THURSDAY 2/14/13 Robert F. Kennedy JR: On His Arrest & The Keystone Pipeline
• FRIDAY 2/15/13 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Isabel Gillies V Film Guy Matthew Weiss
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV PLUS here is Max Keiser’s official Facebook page And here is the official Keiser Report page
• The official Facebook pages for Max Keiser & Keiser Report STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead. Max Keiser & Keiser Report PLUS Stacey Herbert
• Copyright industry owns your thoughts, now the medical industry wants to own your genes. by maxkeiser - READ Myriad Genetics Wins Australia Bid to Patent Human Genes (bloomberg.com)
• COMEX Open Raid Smashes Gold & Silver to $1500, $29 Handles! by The Doc - After consolidating throughout the overnight Asian and London session, the latest COMEX open raid has finally achieved the cartel’s target in silver, with $30 broken to the downside as silver was smashed to $29.84. Gold has also been hit on the COMEX open, down another $40 to $1596! The legendary Jim Sinclair states that this is the last significant correction prior to gold’s move to $3,500. *Update: 2nd wave of smash now in progress, with silver down to $29.67 Click here for more on the cartel’s latest EPIC PAPER METALS RAID!! (silverdoctors.com)
• Financial Propaganda Control by maxkeiser - READ At CNBC, a strict guest policy (politico.com)
• Ladies and gentlemen: we may just have uncovered the actual location of the ultra-secretive JPMorgan gold vault in the city of London. Where is 60 Victoria Embankment, London? by maxkeiser - READ Is This Where The Secret JP Morgan London Gold Vault Is Located? (zerohedge)
• KEISER REPORT [KR405] Keiser Report: Debt Junkie Nation We discuss the money printing cargo cults leading to a post-industrial nation of debt addicts, who have forgotten what real wealth is. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to Sandeep Jaitly about debt, inflation, currency kamikazes and Austrian economics
• KEISER REPORT [KR406] Keiser Report: Horsemeat Burger vs Dutch Sandwich We discuss the honkey infestation causing an inflationary vortex and the Dutch sandwich being the financial equivalent of a horsemeat burger. And how the FSAs – the Financial Services Authority and the Food Standards Agency – operate with a similar cover up mentality. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to anthropologist, David Graeber, author of Debt: The First 5000 Years, about the dollar, a war backed currency, being displaced by gold and about who killed Aaron Swartz and why.
• KEISER REPORT [KR407] Keiser Report: Sterlageddon We discuss ending the currency war with a gold standard. They also look at how, since going off the gold standard in 1971, productivity gains have all gone to the one percent who create and push the paper and credit. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to Jan Skoyles of the Real Asset Company about gold monetisation, renminbi internationalisation and the very harsh laws against sterling devaluation.
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Greg Hunter An interview with Greg Hunter of USA Watchdog.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1266] The Truth About Squirrel Brains and the Arithmetic of Losing Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Scott Horton Radio Show 2/11/13 Ray McGovern: Ray McGovern, co-founder of Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity, discusses CIA Director-to-be John Brennan’s “Tenet-Like Testimony” about Iran’s nuclear program to the Senate Intelligence Committee; Brennan’s apparent willingness to “fit the facts around the policy” and lie Americans into yet another war; why Brennan knows much more about CIA torture, rendition, and black sites than he admits; and the spectacle of Obama and Brennan casually giving a thumbs-up or thumbs-down – like Roman emperors – deciding the fate of “kill list” victims.
Listen to more interviews at The Scott Horton Show!
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
• Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml