Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Brick TeeVee's Groundhog Special! WE begin with Bill Black author of The Best Way to Rob a Bank is to Own One and an associate professor of economics and law at the University of Missouri-Kansas City who has this long Guest Post at NakedCapitalism.com Bill Black: Why the World Economic Forum and Goldman Sachs are Capitalism’s Worst Enemies It is fitting that Goldman Sachs is the recipient of this year’s “Public Eye” designation, but it is even more fitting that it is being announced during the World Economic Forum (WEF) at Davos. Goldman Sachs exemplifies the travesty that WEF has created. It is not the worst of the worst. It is representative of the financial world of systemically dangerous institutions (SDIs) that are spreading crony capitalism through the West. The SDIs are the so-called “too big to fail (or prosecute)” banks. The ability of the SDIs to commit fraud with impunity from the criminal laws is a defining element of crony capitalism. The impunity and implicit national subsidies to SDIs combine to make “free markets” an oxymoron. The SDIs’ economic power translates easily into dominant political power. Crony capitalism cripples markets and democracy. The ability of the SDIs’ senior officers to commit massive frauds with impunity from the criminal laws makes “control fraud” a “sure thing.” Control fraud will make the largest banks’ senior officers exceptionally wealthy very quickly – but it will also cause severe harm to the public (and often the bank). Control fraud occurs when the persons who control a seemingly legitimate entity use it as a “weapon” to defraud. In finance, accounting is the “weapon of choice.” .......... These epidemics of accounting control fraud were not random “black swan” events. Criminogenic environments produce such intense and perverse incentives that they generate epidemics of control fraud. Our financial policies have been so criminogenic for decades that we are suffering recurrent, intensifying financial crises. WEF is one of the important architects and engineers that have made our financial system so criminogenic. WEF’s dogmas and policies are so perverse that they drive financial crises, create crony capitalism, and make WEF’s leading products (the Global Competitiveness Index (GCI) and Global Risk Reports (GRR) epic embarrassments. The WEF is degrading the state of the world. ......... The WEF, through its many indices that purport to measure internal and external controls and quality of governance spreads the false belief that these actions prevent accounting control fraud. A recent OECD report confirms that the EU suffered from the complete failure of audit and governance to prevent the crisis.
Effective financial regulation is not the enemy of markets or competition – it is essential to the preservation of well-functioning markets and the ability of honest business people to compete. Control fraud begets fraud in the industry and other professions that are supposed to serve as controls. NCFIRRE found that:
- abusive operators of S&L[s] sought out compliant and cooperative accountants. The result was a sort of “Gresham’s Law” in which the bad professionals forced out the good (NCFIRRE 1993).
- From 2000 to 2007, a coalition of appraisal organizations … delivered to Washington officials a public petition; signed by 11,000 appraisers…. [I]t charged that lenders were pressuring appraisers to place artificially high prices on properties [and] “blacklisting honest appraisers” and instead assigning business only to appraisers who would hit the desired price targets.( FCIC: 18)
The report by Christy Romero, the special inspector general for the Troubled Asset Relief Program (SIGTARP), accused the Treasury Department and its special master for compensation, the so-called “pay czar,” of approving “excessive” pay packages for bailed-out companies. Executives at taxpayer-rescued firms “continue to rake in Treasury-approved multimillion-dollar pay packages that often exceed guidelines,” the report stated. The report focused on three bailed-out firms—the insurance giant American International Group (AIG), General Motors, and Ally Financial (formerly General Motors Acceptance Corporation). AIG received more than $182 billion in federal loans and cash, including $40 billion in TARP funds. General Motors received $13.4 billion, and Ally Financial got $17.3 billion. In 2012, according to SIGTARP, the Treasury Department pay czar signed off on $6.2 million in raises for 18 employees at the three companies, all of which remained partially owned by the federal government, which held large blocks of their stock. The chief executive of an AIG division was granted a $1 million raise, an executive at GM’s European unit was given a $100,000 increase, and an Ally Residential Capital official was awarded a $200,000 pay hike just weeks before the subsidiary of Ally Financial filed for bankruptcy. The report concluded that, despite government guidelines that executives at bailed-out firms be paid no more than the average for similar companies, 63 percent of top executives at the three companies were paid more than their peers. It criticized the pay czar for rubber-stamping the pay requests made by the companies. ...... The Treasury Department’s pay czar, Patricia Geoghegan, dismissed the SIGTARP report with undisguised contempt, claiming it was riddled with inaccuracies. She said her office has “limited excessive compensation while at the same time keeping compensation at levels that enable the recipients to remain competitive…” The need to maintain “competitive” pay rates is the standard excuse used to justify the obscene salaries and bonuses that continue to be dished out to banking and corporate executives. Kenneth Fineberg, Geoghegan’s predecessor as pay czar, was similarly dismissive, calling the SIGTARP report “armchair quarterbacking.” Treasury officials, and the banks whose interests the department serves, can afford to pay scant regard to the SIGTARP report because the watchdog agency is, by design, toothless. The TARP legislation that was drawn up by the Bush administration, backed by then-candidate Barack Obama, and ushered through Congress by Republican and Democratic leaders, was crafted to give an appearance of public oversight of the bailout program, while depriving the watchdog agencies of any real power. SIGTARP since its inception has issued critical reports that have been completely ignored by the White House and Congress. The Obama administration’s largesse when it comes to six- and seven-figure compensation packages for GM executives stands in stark contrast to its attitude toward GM workers. In 2009, Obama insisted that the pay of all GM new-hires be reduced to half the pay of veteran workers as part of the bailout of the auto company. The SIGTARP report underscores the cynicism and duplicity that underlay the creation of the pay czar position from the outset. It was never anything more than a smokescreen to dupe the public into believing limits were being placed on executive pay at bailed-out firms........ More over there too. Same story from the WaPo goes like this Treasury approved big pay raises at bailed-out AIG, Ally and GM, report says The Treasury Department ignored its own guidelines on executive pay at firms that received taxpayer bailouts and last year approved compensation packages of more than $3 million for the senior ranks at General Motors, Ally Financial and American International Group, according to a watchdog report released Monday. The report from the special inspector general for the Troubled Assets Relief Program said the government’s pay czar signed off on $6.2 million in raises for 18 employees at the three companies. The chief executive of a division of AIG received a $1 million raise, while an executive at GM’s troubled European unit was given a $100,000 raise. In one instance, an employee of Ally’s Residential Capital was awarded a $200,000 pay increase weeks before the subsidiary filed for bankruptcy. ...... “We expect Treasury to look out for taxpayers who funded the bailout of these companies by holding the line on excessive pay,” said Christy Romero, special inspector general for TARP. “Treasury cannot look out for taxpayers’ interests if it continues to rely to a great extent on the pay proposed by companies that have historically pushed back on pay limits.” The inspector general’s report accuses Patricia Geoghegan, Treasury’s acting special master for compensation, of sidestepping protocol that kept pay packages at the midpoint of comparable firms. Geoghegan, however, said the audit is riddled with inaccuracies and mischaracterizes the data provided to the inspector general. If you read through the WaPo article it never mentions the toothlessness of SIGTARP like the WSWS piece significantly points out. Why is that?
AFRICOM UPDATE: At GlobalResearch.ca Chris Cole from Drone Wars UK reports American Drones Over Africa: New US Military Bases in West Africa This week the New York Times reported that the US is planning to establish a new base for its drones in north-west Africa. While the base is to be used initially to fly unarmed surveillance drones, according to the article the US does not rule out the possibility of using the base to launch drone strikes in the future. One day after the NYT piece, Reuters reported the base would be established in Niger. According to ”a senior government source” says Reuters, ”the U.S. ambassador to Niger, Bisa Williams, made the request at a meeting on Monday with President Mahamadou Issoufou, who immediately accepted it.” Mali will no-doubt be one of the initial targets of the US drones, bordering as it does on Niger. The deployment of French surveillance drones in Mali was reported last October and there has been speculation that British drones could be deployed as part of Britain’s military support to French forces in Mali, however the British Defence Minister, Philip Hammond said recently that he had decided against sending drones as they are needed in Afghanistan. While drones have mainly been used in South Asia, unmanned drone have flown in African skies for many years. According to David Axe’s must read article, America’s Secret Drone War in Africa , the first known US attack in African involving a drone took place on 7th Jan 2007 when a US Predator drone tracked a convoy near the southern Somali town of Ras Kamboni and guided in an attack by a US gunship. Since that first attack, US drones have operated more or less continuously over African soil. ...... Much more so go read!
Next at RT.com Israel boycotts UN forum, first state in history to ignore human rights review Israel has boycotted the UN human rights forum over fears of scrutiny of its treatment of residents of the occupied territories. Israel is now the first state in history to win a deferment of the periodical review of its human rights record. Tel Aviv has refused to send a delegation on Tuesday to the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva for the Universal Periodic Review procedure where UN member states have their human rights record evaluated every four years. Israel’s cooperation with the council stopped last March after the UN set up a committee to inspect the effects of the Israeli settlements on Palestinians. Israel which earlier accused the United Nations of anti-Israel bias reiterated its stance, recalling that the council has passed more resolutions against Israel than all other countries combined. “After a series of votes and statements and incidents we have decided to suspend our working relations with that body,” Yigal Palmor, Israeli foreign ministry spokesman, told the Financial Times. “I can confirm that there is no change in that policy.” “There have been more resolutions condemning Israel than the rest of the world put together,” an Israeli government official said on Tuesday. “It’s not a fair game – it’s not even a game.” Following the Israeli decision, the council has decided to postpone its review until no later than November. The Council president has also called on the body to adopt a draft response to an unprecedented move by Israel. Egypt’s representative meanwhile has warned that a “soft” approach would create a dangerous precedent and leave “a wide-open door for more cases of non-cooperation,” the AFP quoted. Activist groups lash out against Israel’s disregard for international law. “By not participating in its own review, Israel is setting a dangerous precedent,” Eilis Ni Chaithnia, an advocacy officer with al-Haq, a human rights organisation based in Ramallah has told the FT. “This is the first time any country has made a determined effort not to attend.” ........ Writing for Amnesty International's LIVEWIRE blog Peter Splinter, Amnesty International’s Representative to the United Nations in Geneva explains The Universal Periodic Review, human rights, and Israel: What’s at stake If the Israeli government is not careful, it will ruin an important global human rights process for everybody. The Universal Periodic Review, a process to examine states’ human rights records, has until now been truly universal: all United Nation member states were reviewed by the end of 2011 and the second cycle of reviews has already started. But now the government of Israel is not engaging with the process. Every indication is that the Israel will not be present this afternoon when it is scheduled to be examined under the Universal Periodic Review. As the only recalcitrant state among 193, Israel’s deliberate absence would sabotage the principle of universality. Consequently the Universal Periodic Review stands to lose the compelling legitimacy it derives from being applied even-handedly to all states. Why should states that would prefer to escape scrutiny of their human rights record, or are severely resource constrained, submit to this process if Israel’s non-compliance demonstrates that it is no longer universal? ..... Amnesty International voices the worldwide consensus in urging Israel to participate in its Universal Periodic Review during 2013, in accordance with the rules of the Human Rights Council. Anything less than Israeli engagement at senior level will weaken the effectiveness of the mechanism. Even Israel’s best friends will be hard put to defend such actions. According to the Human Rights Council protocol, appropriate measures will be taken in relation to states that persistently refuse to co-operate with the Universal Periodic Review. ....... If Israel fails to fully engage in its examination under the Universal Periodic Review during 2013 as required, will the victims of human rights violations, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, thank the Israeli government? Speaking of Human Rights Violations there's this from GuatemalaNews.net Guatemalan ex-dictator to stand trial for genocide A Guatemalan judge ordered Monday that former strongman Gen. Efrain Rios Montt and one of his closest collaborators be tried for genocide and crimes against humanity. The trial will convene Thursday. Judge Miguel Angel Galvez found sufficient evidence to prosecute Rios Montt and retired Gen. Jose Mauricio Rodriguez for the killings of 1,771 Ixil Indians between March 1982 and August 1983 in the context of Guatemala's 1960-1996 civil war. Rios Montt, 86, is accused of masterminding the bloodbath, while the 67-year-old Rodriguez is charged with carrying out the mass killings as a part of a "scorched earth" campaign. The erstwhile dictator, who seized power in a coup, will remain under house arrest, Galvez ordered. Rodriguez is to remain in custody at the military hospital where he was admitted in mid-2012 for ostensible health problems. Neither defendant had any reaction at Monday's hearing, but victims' relatives and human rights activists burst into applause and set off fireworks outside the courthouse. This trial will be the first of any Guatemalan ruler for the massacres and atrocities of the civil war. Rios Montt presided over the bloodiest phase of a conflict that claimed more than 200,000 lives. For some background on the Guatemala Civil War see this article from WSWS.org from 1999 US government responsible for genocide and terror in Guatemala - Human rights report documents massacres by military regime The United States government played a major role in supporting and assisting genocide and state terrorism in Guatemala, according to a UN-sponsored report, "Guatemala, Memory of Silence," which was issued Thursday. The nine volumes made public by the Historical Clarification Commission document the systematic torture and murder of 200,000 people, the vast majority of them Mayan Indians, during a 34-year civil war which ended in 1996.....The US Central Intelligence Agency lent support to "some illegal operations," while the Pentagon's School of the Americas, the notorious academy at Ft. Benning, Georgia which trained a generation of Latin American officers in counterinsurgency methods, "had a significant bearing on human rights violations during the armed confrontation."
In a related story in WIRED's DANGER ROOM Here’s What Your $97 Million Drug War in Central America Actually Bought The U.S. isn’t just shoveling cash to stem the tide of narcotics in Mexico and Colombia. Quietly, it’s built up its drug war in Central America, too — spending nearly $100 million over four years on advanced gear for local forces. Not that Washington has any idea what it’s gotten for its money. A new report from the Government Accountability Office provides a rare glimpse into the Central American war on drugs. Between 2008 and 2011, the report finds, the government spent $97 million for gear and training for its Central American partners. On the plus side, it’s laughably low compared to the more than $640 billion (and rising) the U.S. has spent on the war in Afghanistan. .....
Reporting for Reuters on the explosion at PEMEX downtown HQ in Mexico City Gabriel Stargardter and David Alire Garcia have this update Mexico blast kills at least 33, flagging Pemex safety woes
Scenes of confusion and chaos outside the downtown tower block in Mexico City have dealt another blow to Pemex's image, just as Mexico's new president is seeking to court outside investment for the 75-year-old monopoly. Thursday's blast occurred at a Pemex building next to the 50-story skyscraper, and senior officials said 33 people had so far been confirmed dead. A further 121 were injured, said the company's chief executive, Emilio Lozoya. Officials have been unable to say how many people may still be trapped in the wreckage of the office block, which remains cordoned off. A military paramedic at the scene said there were likely many and expected the death toll to keep rising. Lozoya said it was not clear what caused the midafternoon explosion, which has been the subject of speculation ranging from a bomb attack, to a gas leak, to a boiler blowing up. "A fatal incident like yesterday's cannot be explained in two hours, we are working with the best teams in Mexico and from overseas, we will not speculate," he told a news conference. ....... Mexican officials have not ruled out sabotage. An official at the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said an "international response team" was on its way to Mexico City at the request of the Mexican government. The team includes explosive specialists and fire experts. ........ 'NO PRIVATIZATION' Whatever caused the explosion, the deaths and destruction will put the spotlight back on safety at Pemex, which only a couple of hours beforehand had issued a statement on Twitter saying it had managed to improve its record on accidents. "I suspect this was a bomb," said David Shields, an independent Mexico City-based oil analyst. "There are clandestine armies across Mexico, not just the (drug) cartels." Shields pointed to the bombing of several Pemex pipelines in the eastern state of Veracruz in 2007. A shadowy Marxist rebel movement took credit for some of the blasts. ..... Stay tuned! ELSEWHERE in Mexico From climate-connections.org Mexico: Anti-riot police greet hunger-striking farmers Note: Following this short update from Mexican farmers who planned a hunger strike to protest the introduction of GMO corn in Mexico is “The Maize Manifesto: No to GMO Maize,” which outlines the threats that GMO seeds pose to Mexican farmers and culture. -The GJEP Team Source: La Via Campesina. Miguel Ángel Mancera Espinosa, head of government of the Federal District, has betrayed the peasants of UNORCA mounting anti-riot police operation at the Angel of Independence. It had been negotiated with the City yesterday, an agreement to allow a peaceful sit-in and hunger strike against the imminent commercial release of transgenic corn planting on a large scale in Mexico (see link below for more information). Despite the alleged agreement, when hundreds of farmers of 20 states of the republic came to settle, they found hundreds of riot police with shields preventing access to the monument, in what is being called a betrayal and a “pre-eviction. “ Alberto Gómez Flores, a leader of the UNORCA and coordinator of Via Campesina North America, said: “it’s very symbolic because they are preventing people of this country from being in front of the Monument of Independence from Spanish colonialism, and thus they are really serving their current masters, the new colonialists of Monsanto, DuPont and Pioneer. “He continued, “here we are a few meters from the U.S. Embassy, which also serves the same masters.” And ” we will stay here in camp, as close as we can be to the Monument, and if they come to evict us we will sit peacefully in resistence . They will not take us away from here.” Read the entire "MAIZE MANIFESTO" at the link!
HACKERS FROM CHINA? Darren Murph reports from engadget.com WSJ and NYT accuse Chinese hackers of infiltrating their newsgathering systems And the saga continues. Just a year after Bloomberg News was reportedly targeted by Chinese hackers, both The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times have independently published reports suggesting that they too are being probed. Both organizations seem to think that it's all part of a larger scheme, with Chinese hackers sifting through newsgathering systems of outlets that are reporting on touchy subjects. As the Times puts it: "The attacks appear to be part of a broader computer espionage campaign against American news media companies that have reported on Chinese leaders and corporations." When asked about such a possibility, China's Ministry of National Defense (unsurprisingly) denied the allegations, noting that "to accuse the Chinese military of launching cyberattacks without solid proof is unprofessional and baseless." As it stands, the FBI is already looking into various attacks of this nature, but strangely, the hacking attempts aren't being universally viewed as malicious. Paula Keve, chief spokeswoman for Dow Jones & Co., stated: "Evidence shows that infiltration efforts target the monitoring of the Journal's coverage of China, and are not an attempt to gain commercial advantage or to misappropriate customer information." As you'd expect, both outfits are stepping up security in a major way in hopes of fending off any future attempts.
GITMO UPDATE: Jacob Chamberlain, staff writer for Common Dreams reports Judge Furious Over Mysterious Censors at Guantanamo Bay Trials A military judge presiding over a pretrial hearing at the Guantanamo Bay US Naval Base ordered an end to a secretive U.S. government agency's censorship of what the media can and can't hear in the courtroom, following an unexpected blackout of hearings earlier this week. On Monday, sound from the courtroom that feeds into a soundproof media booth and through a feed to journalists in closed-circuit viewing sites on the US East Coast, was mysteriously cut during a discussion of a secret CIA prison—where the suspects of the 9/11 case, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four co-defendants, were held and potentially tortured before transport to Guantánamo—leaving reporters and other observers in the dark for several key minutes of the discussion. The judge, Army Colonel James Pohl, said the the information that had been blacked out was not officially confidential, and thus should not have been censored. ....... The mysterious censor, who has had control over what reporters can and can't hear in the courtroom, is said to come from an Original Classification Authority, a term that could refer to a number of government agencies, Democracy Now! reports. Kevin Gosztola at FireDogLake adds that the OCA, "likely works in cooperation with the CIA and is tasked with ensuring that even the tiniest amount of information on the CIA’s Rendition, Detainee & Interrogation (RDI) program is not heard by the press." "The episode shows the OCA may censor unclassified language," he added. In Pohl's angry rebuke of the episode, he insisted that "this is the last time ... any other third party will be permitted to unilaterally decide that the broadcast should be suspended." However, Pohl added emphatically that he and the court security officer were the only ones with authority to suspend the broadcast coming out of the courtroom, implying censorship in and of itself is not the problem, but who has the power to censor. ....... Navy Lt. Commander Walter Ruiz, attorney for one of the defendants, criticized the anonymous government monitoring system for curtailing the tribunal process. "Who is the invisible hand?" Ruiz asked. "Who is pulling the strings? Who is the master of puppets?" Who indeed. The World wants to know!
Malloy chatter soryang: "I tell you Jack Rasmus just did a brilliant broadcast at PRN on the Death of Retirement...starts with the death of defined benefits plans, then 401Ks, then social security and medicare...its brilliant putting the current campaign against "entitlements" in its proper economic, fiscal and historical context. the guy is brilliant and straightforward in analysis and has the policy answers." Go to the Progressive Radio Network for Alternative Visions – The Coming Collapse of Retirement in America – 01/30/13 Dr. Jack Rasmus will address the topic, ‘The Coming Collapse of Retirement in America’ on today’s Alternative Visions show. The discussion will look at the 6 elements of the retirement system in the US: Private defined benefit pensions, 401k plans, personal savings, retiree health benefits, social security, and medicare.... Read more from Dr. Jack Rasmus Ph.D in Political Economy at his website Jack Rasmus - Predicting the Global Economic Crisis
The Families USA Health Action 2013 was held last week in DC and it was all about how to get hooked up with the new programs brought about by the Affordable Health Care Act that kick in this year! We caught a few highlights from some interviews from their Radio Row.
- Citizen Action of Wisconsin Pressure Mounting on Scott Walker to Take Billions in Federal Medicaid Money
- Saint Louis University College for Public Health & Social Justice Professor James Kimmey to Receive National Award
- randiredmondoster.com Randi Redmond Oster is on a mission. Her goal is simple: to provide consumer friendly information that helps empower patients and their loved ones to become their best health care advocates.
- Wendell Potter Deadly Spin An Insurance Company Insider Speaks Out on How Corporate PR Is Killing Health Care and Deceiving Americans
- Center for American Progress - Jessica Errans on Women's Rights Bending the Arc Toward Reproductive Justice
- Jenny Sullivan, Director of the Best Practices Institute at EnrollAmerica.org Enroll America's Best Practices Institute is focused on identifying, developing, and disseminating information about enrollment and eligibility policies that support optimal health coverage enrollment and make it easy for people to enroll. The Institute serves as a resource for stakeholders at both the national and state-level who are working to get these consumer-friendly enrollment practices implemented across the country.
- M.I.T. doubles its 2095 warming projection to 10°F — with 866 ppm and Arctic warming of 20°F
- Hadley Center: “Catastrophic” 5-7°C warming by 2100 on current emissions path
- Our hellish future: Definitive NOAA-led report on U.S. climate impacts warns of scorching 9 to 11°F warming over most of inland U.S. by 2090 with Kansas above 90°F some 120 days a year — and that isn’t the worst case, it’s business as usual!
- IEA: World on Pace for 11°F Warming, “Even School Children Know This Will Have Catastrophic Implications for All of Us”
- Ryan Coogler, first-time, 26-year-old director of the documentary Fruitvale Fruitvale, Depiction of Oscar Grant’s Last Day of Life, Takes Top Prizes at Sundance Film Festival
- Richard Rowley, filmmaker at Big Noise Films Dirty Wars, Documentary on U.S. Covert Warfare Abroad, Wins Sundance Cinematography Award
- Mariel Hemingway and filmmaker Barbara Kopple "Running from Crazy": Mariel Hemingway Tackles Family History of Suicide, Mental Illness in New Doc
- Dror Moreh, Israeli filmmaker and director The Gatekeepers: In New Film, Ex-Shin Bet Chiefs Denounce Occupation, Compare Israel to Nazi Germany
- Jesse Hagopian, union representative at Garfield High School in Seattle, Washington & Wayne Au, editor of Rethinking Schools and assistant professor at the University of Washington Seattle’s Teacher Uprising: High School Faculty Faces Censure for Boycotting Standardized MAP Tests
- Sharif Abdel Kouddous Is Egypt on the Brink of Collapse? Sharif Abdel Kouddous Reports from Restive City of Port Said
- John Kiriakou and his attorney Jesselyn Radack Ex-CIA Agent, Whistleblower John Kiriakou Sentenced to Prison While Torturers He Exposed Walk Free AND Whistleblower John Kiriakou: For Embracing Torture, John Brennan a "Terrible Choice to Lead the CIA"
- Edi Arma, his son Jose Arma and immigrant activist Viridiana Hernandez Immigration Activists Win Reunion for Phoenix-Area Family After Deportation Almost Tears Them Apart
- Lorella Praeli, United We Dream Coalition; Mae Ngai, Columbia University; Fernando Garcia, founding director of the Border Network for Human Rights. Obama Offers Hope on Immigration Reform, But Emphasis on Enforcement Portends More Criminalization
- Matthew O’Neill & Jon Alpert, co-directors of Redemption Redemption: Oscar-Nominated Doc Follows the Working Poor Who Survive on Collecting Bottles and Cans
- Juan Gonzalez, Democracy Now! co-host and Daily News columnist "Larger-Than-Life" Ex-NYC Mayor Ed Koch Leaves Complex Legacy of Racial Tension, Social Programs
- Mumia Abu-Jamal We’re joined by Mumia Abu-Jamal himself from prison in Pennsylvania Mumia Abu-Jamal: "The United States Is Fast Becoming One of the Biggest Open-Air Prisons on Earth"
- Stephen Vittoria, longtime documentary filmmaker & Noelle Hanrahan, director of Prison Radio "Long Distance Revolutionary": Mumia Abu-Jamal’s Journey from Black Panthers to Prison Journalist
- Chris Nowinski, former professional wrestler As Suicides, Brain Injuries Mount, Safety of Football Questioned, from NFL to Youth Leagues
»»» FEATURED SHOW Howard Zinn: A Life on the Left Howard Zinn, the author of A People's History of the USA died three years ago this week. Biographer, Martin Duberman, explores the historian's legacy and theory of change in a new book, "Howard Zinn: A Life on the Left" just out from the New Press.
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NFL on CBS Super Bowl XLVII San Francisco 49ers vs. Baltimore Ravens. 6:30 pm et. Global music icon and 16-time Grammy-Award winner Beyonce will perform in the Pepsi Super Bowl XLVII halftime show.
»»» NBA on TNT THURSDAY Doubleheader! Lakers @ Celtics 8 pm et then Bulls @ Nuggets 10:30 pm
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communi ties
- Lawmakers concerned about the health effects on humans from mountaintop removal coal mining set forth legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives today. Representatives Dennis Kucinich (OH), Louise Slaughter (NY), Maurice Hinchey (NY), Earl Blumenauer (OR), Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA), John Yarmuth (KY), Lynn Woolsey (CA), Judy Chu (CA), Raúl Grijalva (AZ), James Moran (VA), Michael Honda (CA), John Conyers (MI), and Keith Ellison (MN) introduced the Appalachian Communities Health Emergency (ACHE) Act H.R. 5959 which would place a moratorium on permitting for mountaintop removal coal mining until health studies are conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services. The ACHE coalition presently consists of participants from Coal River Mountain Watch, Mountain Health and Heritage Association, and Christians for the Mountains. “We encourage you, if you’re concerned about mountaintop removal’s effect on your community’s health, to join us in making your voice heard,” said Allen Johnson, executive director of Christians for the Mountains. “Please contact us, learn about the issue, and take action to protect your community.”
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Community Wealth Building in Action: The Cleveland Model Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar featuring David Cobb's Barnstorming Tour! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network UPDATE! Common Dreams staff writer Beth Brogan posts Exposing US War Crimes or Not, Judge Denies Manning's Whistleblower Defense In a significant—but not unexpected— blow to his defense, a military judge has ruled that Bradley Manning's attorney [David Coombs] may not argue that Manning's motive in releasing documents and the damning video "Collateral Murder" to WikiLeaks was to call attention to US war crimes. ....... The Guardian reports that Colonel Denise Lind "ruled that general issues of motive were not relevant to the trial stage of the court martial, and must be held back until Manning either entered a plea or was found guilty, at which point it could be used in mitigation to lessen the sentence." Lind also ruled that Coombs may not present evidence that the documents released to WikiLeaks caused little or no damage to US national security. Coombs will be able to raise that evidence when addressing the specific charge of aiding the enemy, as FiredogLake's Kevin Gosztola points out, "in order to prove he did not know passing information to WikiLeaks would result in 'dealing with the enemy.'" ....... Last week, prosecutors said that if Manning had released documents to The New York Times instead of WikiLeaks, they would still charge him with aiding the enemy. Never before has a soldier been jailed for releasing information to the media. The Los Angeles Times subsequently published an editorial criticizing "the federal government's unprecedented targeting, in recent years, of whistleblowers and those who leak to the press," and calling the charge of aiding the enemy "excessive."
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
The essential guide for watching government propaganda!
THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev.
• Michelle Rhee -- former Washington D.C. public schools chancellor
• ROUNDTABLE: Univision anchor Jorge Ramos; Nobel Prize-winning economist and New York Times columnist Paul Krugman; former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina; and Republican Rep. Lou Barletta of Pennsylvania.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
• analysis from CBS Sports' Jim Nantz, Phil Simms and Shannon Sharpe
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• 60 Minutes will be preempted this Sunday, Feb. 3, 2013, due to CBS Sports coverage of Super Bowl XLVII.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta
• Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey
• Bob Costas of NBC Sports
• ROUNDTABLE: former White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs; Chairman of the Faith and Freedom coalition Ralph Reed; former National Hispanic Co-Chair for John McCain’s 2008 presidential campaign, Ana Navarro; and the New York Times’ David Brooks.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Defense Sec. Leon Panetta
• Joint Chiefs Chmn. Martin Dempsey
• Super Bowl XL MVP Hines Ward
• former football player and Fmr. Sen. George Allen
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• THORN IN THE SIDE THURSDAY!!!!! Families USA Conference in DC! Listen HERE NOW! Keep Bob on the air HERE ya hear? Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - January 31, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Will WA state ship dirty coal to China?; Wacky winter weather strikes the Southeast; Which kills more birds - wind farms or house cats?; ALEC pushes anti-science curriculum; PLUS: A green tech oasis rises in the desert of Qatar ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Scientist: 69 ft of sea-level rise in motion; Opportunity costs to not using renewable energy; Breakthrough promises solar power cheaper than coal; Study: energy industry water use set to double by 2035; Alaskans try to flee climate change impacts; Fracking, now for uranium!... PLUS: How can Germany be both a green leader and remain an industrial powerhouse? ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! VIDEO! Colbert: Okay, Climate Change Is Real, But Stopping It Is Just Too Hard 'America beat Tojo, crushed Hitler, put a man on the moon. But incrementally reducing C02 emissions? That sounds like a lot of work'...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Repub Double Voting Guilty Plea in NV, Felony Charge in NM Gullible GOP voters who took matters into their own hands during 2012's 'Year of GOP Election Fraud'...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! VIDEO! Gore: 'Our Democracy Has Been Hacked' 'It's been taken over. It no longer operates the way our founders intended it to, because of anonymous donors, big money, corporations as people, might makes right'...
• BRADCAST UPDATE! Brad Skypes in to 'David Pakman Show' Discusses GOP attempts to rig the electoral college and troubling upcoming U.S. Supreme Court challenge to 'Section 5' of the Voting Rights Act...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Standard Podcast January 29, 2013 Author, Former CIA Analyst Mel Goodman with Strong, Informed Criticism of Many Obama Policies; Leah Bolger of Veterans for Peace has Mixed Feelings About Women in Combat
• PBC Standard Podcast February 1, 2013 Pepe Escobar is Back!! Commentary on Benghazi, Qaddaffi Blowback, Mali, Algeria and More
• PBC News & Comment February 1, 2013PBC News & Comment: Enviros Draw Line in the Tar Sands for Obama Activists staging February 17 rally to pressure President Obama and John Kerry to kill Keystone XL pipeline, address climate crisis….
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern
• America’s favorite populist, Jim Hightower, will join us to talk about the increasing use of drones in American skies.
• Author and Nation contributor Ari Berman will be here to tell us why the new Congress must address the issue of election reform before the GOP attempts to steal another election.
• Dan Lashof, director of NRDC’s Climate and Clean Air program, will be joining us to talk about the President’s goals for addressing climate change that he laid out in his inaugural address.
• Award-winning journalist Will Potter will be here to tell us why the FBI is targeting environmentalists, instead of violent, right-wing radicals.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• Papantonio: The Looming Democratic Divide (VIDEO) The Republican Party is searching for a new identity after getting thoroughly beat down in last year’s election – but this creates a problem for the Democratic Party. Do they move to the left to reflect the views of their base, or do they stay in the center in an attempt to attract defecting Republicans? Mike Papantonio seeks to answer that question with Maggie Haberman, senior political reporter for Politico.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Debt Ceiling Deal Could Be Disastrous For Social Security (VIDEO) As soon as the fiscal cliff crisis was averted, a new crisis popped up in Washington – the battle over raising the debt ceiling. But one important item from these budget battles has been under-reported, and that is the proposed 3% cut to Social Security. Worse yet, Democrats have given the appearance of being willing to go along with the cut for the social safety net program. Mike Papantonio talks about the planned cut with economist and author Dean Baker.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Privatization Killing American Labor Movement (VIDEO) Recently, bus drivers in New York took to the streets to protest a plan by officials to privatize school buses. This idea of privatization is popping up all over the country, as Republican-controlled legislatures and governors want to strip state employees of every union protection that they’ve earned over the years. Mike Papantonio discusses the recent strike and the push for privatization with Larry Hanley, the president of the Amalgamated transit union.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 8-11 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• January 28, 2102 Arthur Goldwag: The New Hate
• January 29, 2013 What’s In Immigration Reform?
• January 30, 2013 Will Potter: Targeting Eco Activists
• January 31, 2013 Senator Sheldon Whitehouse & More
• February 1, 2013 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Matt Graham
• MORE Podcast Interviews at Majority.fm!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV PLUS here is Max Keiser’s official Facebook page And here is the official Keiser Report page
• The official Facebook pages for Max Keiser & Keiser Report STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead. Max Keiser & Keiser Report PLUS Stacey Herbert
• VIDEO! Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer (what he really said…) by maxkeiser
• (AGW-deniers look away) M.I.T. doubles its 2095 warming projection to 10°F — with 866 ppm and Arctic warming of 20°F by maxkeiser - READ Groundhog Decade: We’re Stuck In A Movie Where It’s Always the Hottest Decade On Record (thinkprogress.org)
• VIDEO! Royal Bank of Scotland faces the prospect of scrapping all bonuses for its investment bankers this year to free up cash to pay fines for its involvement in a global interest rate rigging scandal : : FLASHBACK : : Max Keiser on ch. 4's '10 o'clock live' – "Hang the bankers." by maxkeiser - READ RBS bonuses at risk as UK intervenes on Libor fines (uk.reuters.com)
• The pound has continued to weaken against the euro, seeing its biggest one-day fall in almost three years by maxkeiser - READ Pound sees biggest one-day fall against euro since 2010 (bbc) AND The Greatest Bubble In History Will Lead To A Gold Explosion (kingworldnews.com)
• KEISER REPORT [KR399] Keiser Report: Kamikaze Currency Killers We discuss Japan where the latest source of monetary inspiration is Korekiyo Takahasi, described by Ben Bernanke as the man who "brilliantly rescued" his country from the Great Depression of the 1930's, while neglecting to mention that Takahasi was then assassinated by the army, who were angered by cuts to their wages. They also discuss the biggest Aso in Japan, finance minister Taro Aso, suggesting old people just "hurry up and die" in order to save money for government. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to former MI5 agent turned whistleblower, Annie Machon, about the global crackdown on the internet and the activists who live there.
• KEISER REPORT [KR400] Keiser Report: Bond-Pocalypse Now For our 400th episode, we discuss Obeelzebub and Jamie Demon as the inevitable outcome of collateral faking, zombie banking and paper printing. They also discuss Russia’s central bank buying gold while David Cameron is telling porkies about UK national debt. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to Ian Williams of Charteris Treasury about silver suppression and the bond-pocalypse.
• KEISER REPORT [KR401] Keiser Report: Fake-It-Til-You-Make-It Economy We discuss the global yellow cake baking, talcum powder shaking, perpetual war making, balloon boy chasing, fake it til you make it economy in which spoof trading and a shadow banking system collateralised by a combination of liar loans and temporary workers consuming genetically modified food-like products produces such heroes for our times as Robb U, the guy who was handed $6 million in loans based on having a YouTube music video with a million plus views. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to former Scotland Yard fraud squad detective, Rowan Bosworth-Davies of Rowans-Blog.blogspot.co.uk about justice departments and regulators going after the ‘little guy’ because he is ‘easier’ to get than the too-big-to-fail.
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Greg Hunter An interview with Greg Hunter of USA Watchdog.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1265] The Truth About David Cameron’s Debt Lies Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Scott Horton Radio Show 1/23/13 Max Blumenthal: Max Blumenthal, an award-winning journalist and bestselling author of Republican Gomorrah, discusses the results of Israel’s elections; the surprising success of media celebrity Yair Lapid and his Yesh Atid party; why talk of a two-state solution persists despite a one-state reality; the ethnic and religious bigotry than permeates Israel – from the left-wing to the right-wing; the excellent documentary 5 Broken Cameras; and why the West Bank is primed for revolution in the near future.
Listen to more interviews at The Scott Horton Show!
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• CEO and Executive Vice President of the National Rifle Association Wayne LaPierre
• Husband of Tucson shooting victim Gabrielle Giffords and former astronaut Captain Mark Kelly, U.S. Navy (Ret.)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml