Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Brick TeeVee and "The Untouchables"! We begin with the BTV WEATHER UPDATE! Now that The Weather Channel is naming winter storm systems they have come up with their own list of names for the 2012-13 season including "Gandolf", "Nemo", "Q" and the current storm "Khan". Comments include
- I'm more afraid of winter storm "Q" than winter storm "Khan". However, if there's a winter storm "Borg" that pops up, I'm out.
- At least there's no Winter Storm McCoy -- "I'm a doctor, Jim, not a damned blizzard!"
- Oh, come on...you *know* that anyone who has a storm named "Khan" isn't thinking of the Broadway subway line for Q -- it's got to be from ST:TNG..
- Beware...Khan is coming!
- forever fear the wrath of Ricardo Montalban and his fine corinthian leather ...
- MARTIN SMITH: You gave a speech before the New York Bar Association. And in that speech, you made a reference to losing sleep at night, worrying about what a lawsuit might result in at a large financial institution.
- LANNY BREUER: Right.
- MARTIN SMITH: Is that really the job of a prosecutor, to worry about anything other than simply pursuing justice?
- LANNY BREUER: Well, I think I am pursuing justice. And I think the entire responsibility of the department is to pursue justice. But in any given case, I think I and prosecutors around the country, being responsible, should speak to regulators, should speak to experts, because if I bring a case against institution A, and as a result of bringing that case, there’s some huge economic effect — if it creates a ripple effect so that suddenly, counterparties and other financial institutions or other companies that had nothing to do with this are affected badly — it’s a factor we need to know and understand.
- TED KAUFMAN: That was very disturbing to me, very disturbing. That was never raised at any time during any of our discussions. That is not the job of a prosecutor, to worry about the health of the banks, in my opinion. Job of the prosecutors is to prosecute criminal behavior. It’s not to lie awake at night and kind of decide the future of the banks.
- Jeffrey M. Smith, author of the world’s bestselling books on GMOs, Seeds of Deception, is a leading consumer advocate promoting healthier non-GMO choices. Never-Before-Seen-Evidence points to genetically engineered foods as a major contributor to rising disease rates in the US population, especially among children. Gastrointestinal disorders, allergies, inflammatory diseases, and infertility are just some of the problems implicated in humans, pets, livestock, and lab animals that eat genetically modified soybeans and corn. Monsanto’s strong arm tactics, the FDA’s fraudulent policies, and how the USDA ignores a growing health emergency are also laid bare. This sometimes shocking film may change your diet, help you protect your family, and accelerate the consumer tipping point against genetically modified organisms (GMOs). Don’t miss this film! A production of the Institute for Responsible Technology.
- MLK Day and Obama Inauguration discussions featuring NCAAP's Ben Jealous, author Angel Davis, Civil rights leader Benjamin Chavis, poet and activist Sonia Sanchez, CODEPINK's Medea Benjamin, Liz Bartolomeo of the Sunlight Foundation, Civil Rights Leader Julian Bond and an excerpt from Dr. King’s "Beyond Vietnam" address, given at New York City’s Riverside Church on April 4, 1967, a year to the day before he was assassinated.
- Obama Inaugural Address Inaugurating 2nd Term, Obama Hints at a More Progressive Domestic Agenda Than in His First 4 Years
- Jeremy Scahill, producer and writer & Rick Rowley, director Dirty Wars: Jeremy Scahill and Rick Rowley’s New Film Exposes Hidden Truths of Covert U.S. Warfare
- Alex Gibney, Oscar-winning documentary filmmaker "We Steal Secrets": Alex Gibney’s New Documentary Explores the Story of WikiLeaks
- Jennifer Robinson, London-based legal adviser for Julian Assange WikiLeaks Legal Adviser: "We Steal Secrets" Overlooks Key Facets of Julian Assange’s Persecution
- Dylan Mohan Gray, director & Dr. Peter Mugyenyi "Fire in the Blood": Millions Die in Africa After Big Pharma Blocks Imports of Generic AIDS Drugs
- Martha Shane & Lana Wilson, co-directors After Tiller: 40 Years Since Roe v. Wade, Abortion Providers Continue Work of Slain Kansas Doctor
- Dawn Porter, directer & Public Defender Travis Williams "Gideon’s Army": Young Public Defenders Brave Staggering Caseloads, Low Pay to Represent the Poor
- Cara Mertes, director of the Sundance Institute Documentary Film Program and the Sundance Documentary Fund At Sundance Film Festival, Documentaries Shine Light on Overlooked Stories of Global Injustice
- Sharif Abdel Kouddous Sharif Abdel Kouddous: On Egyptian Revolution’s 2nd Anniversary, Protesters’ Demands Mostly the Same
- Jehane Noujaim, director "The Square": Jehane Noujaim’s New Film Captures Egypt’s Ongoing Revolution After Mubarak’s Falln
- Ryan Coogler, director Fruitvale: Ryan Coogler’s Debut Film on Bay Area Police Slaying of Oscar Grant the Buzz of Sundance
- Marc Silver, director Who Is Dayani Cristal?: Gael García Bernal Traces Path of Migrant Worker Who Died in Arizona Desert
»»» FEATURED SHOW Sarah Schulman & Vijay Prashad on International Solidarity with the Palestinian People author, activist, Sarah Schulman in her latest book, Israel/Palestine and the Queer International & Trinity College Prof. Vijay Prashad, author of Uncle Swami and The Darker Nations: The politics of fear, the Israel lobby, and the way some marginalized Americans are enticed to accept immoral policies in an effort to gain acceptance. What is the true meaning and expression of solidarity" they ask?
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NFL Playoffs Super Bowl XLVII next week!
»»» NBA on ABC SUNDAY Doubleheader! Heat @ Celtics 1 pm et then Thunder @ Lakers 3:30 pm
»»» NBA on TNT THURSDAY Doubleheader! Grizzlies @ Thunder 8 pm et then Mavericks @ Warriors 10:30 pm
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communi ties
- Lawmakers concerned about the health effects on humans from mountaintop removal coal mining set forth legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives today. Representatives Dennis Kucinich (OH), Louise Slaughter (NY), Maurice Hinchey (NY), Earl Blumenauer (OR), Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA), John Yarmuth (KY), Lynn Woolsey (CA), Judy Chu (CA), Raúl Grijalva (AZ), James Moran (VA), Michael Honda (CA), John Conyers (MI), and Keith Ellison (MN) introduced the Appalachian Communities Health Emergency (ACHE) Act H.R. 5959 which would place a moratorium on permitting for mountaintop removal coal mining until health studies are conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services. The ACHE coalition presently consists of participants from Coal River Mountain Watch, Mountain Health and Heritage Association, and Christians for the Mountains. “We encourage you, if you’re concerned about mountaintop removal’s effect on your community’s health, to join us in making your voice heard,” said Allen Johnson, executive director of Christians for the Mountains. “Please contact us, learn about the issue, and take action to protect your community.”
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Community Wealth Building in Action: The Cleveland Model Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar featuring David Cobb's Barnstorming Tour! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network UPDATE! Common Dreams staff writer Beth Brogan posts Exposing US War Crimes or Not, Judge Denies Manning's Whistleblower Defense In a significant—but not unexpected— blow to his defense, a military judge has ruled that Bradley Manning's attorney [David Coombs] may not argue that Manning's motive in releasing documents and the damning video "Collateral Murder" to WikiLeaks was to call attention to US war crimes. ....... The Guardian reports that Colonel Denise Lind "ruled that general issues of motive were not relevant to the trial stage of the court martial, and must be held back until Manning either entered a plea or was found guilty, at which point it could be used in mitigation to lessen the sentence." Lind also ruled that Coombs may not present evidence that the documents released to WikiLeaks caused little or no damage to US national security. Coombs will be able to raise that evidence when addressing the specific charge of aiding the enemy, as FiredogLake's Kevin Gosztola points out, "in order to prove he did not know passing information to WikiLeaks would result in 'dealing with the enemy.'" ....... Last week, prosecutors said that if Manning had released documents to The New York Times instead of WikiLeaks, they would still charge him with aiding the enemy. Never before has a soldier been jailed for releasing information to the media. The Los Angeles Times subsequently published an editorial criticizing "the federal government's unprecedented targeting, in recent years, of whistleblowers and those who leak to the press," and calling the charge of aiding the enemy "excessive."
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
The essential guide for watching government propaganda!
THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.
• Sen. Robert Menendez, D-N.J.
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will; Rep. David Schweikert, R-Ariz.; Democratic strategist and ABC News contributor Donna Brazile; NPR "Morning Edition" host Steve Inskeep; and New Republic owner and publisher Chris Hughes
• "Zero Dark Thirty" screenwriter and producer Mark Boal and Atlantic national correspondent Mark Bowden, best-selling author of "Blackhawk Down," discuss the controversy over the Oscar-nominated film's depiction of so-called enhanced interrogation in the hunt for Osama bin Laden.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif
• New York City Police Commissioner Ray Kelly.
• Newt Gingrich
• Rep. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn.
• former Romney Senior Adviser Kevin Madden
• Obama deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter
• ROUNDTABLE: New York Times' David Sanger and the Washington Post's David Ignatius.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The President and the Secretary of State - President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton appear in their first joint interview when they speak together to Steve Kroft. Michael Radutzky, Maria Gavrilovic and L. Franklin Devine are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• former Republican Vice Presidential Nominee Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI)
• ROUNDTABLE: Incoming President of the Heritage Foundation, former Senator Jim DeMint (R-SC); President and CEO of the NAACP Ben Jealous; Washington Post Associate Editor Bob Woodward; NBC’s Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Andrea Mitchell; and NBC News Special Correspondent Ted Koppel.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• retired Gens. Stanley McChrystal and Michael Hayden.
• Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-California)
• Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell
• Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker
• Saratoga Springs, Utah Mayor Mia Love
• Former Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• THORN IN THE SIDE THURSDAY!!!!! Listen HERE NOW! Keep Bob on the air HERE ya hear? Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - January 24, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Will John Kerry, or won't John Kerry?; Sierra Club vows to break the law for climate change and to stop the Keystone XL Pipeline; Dangerous air pollution in Salt Lake City; PLUS: The Mafia wants a piece of the clean energy action ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Somebody is paying cash to anti-wind protesters (Trump?); World's biggest renewable energy storage farm opens in TX; Charting a New Course for the U.S. and the Environment; Google's Driverless Car Is Worth Trillions; Airlines 'made billions in windfall profits' from EU carbon tax; Colorado: January red flag fire warning; Rising Sea Level: How High Could the Tide Go?; Medical Experts Warn The Rise Of Resistant Bacteria Will Cause ‘Antibiotic Apocalypse’; CNN's Brain Freeze On Climate Change --- again... PLUS: What holds energy tech back? The infernal battery ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Powell Calls Out GOP for Attempts to 'Reduce Turnout' With Photo ID Laws Dubya's Republican SoS says GOP should 'make it easier to vote...not find ways to keep them from voting at all'....
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Colbert on Virginia GOP's Shameless MLK Day Redistricting Coup VIDEO! In the words of Martin Luther King: 'I have been to the mountain top, and while I was there, they heavily redistricted the promise land'...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! WARNING: Internet Voting Virus Spreads to California The problem is not whether it's secure (it's not), but whether you can ever know it's secure (you never can)...
• BRADCAST UPDATE! KPFK 'BradCast': Did Obama Really Mean It? Climate Progress' Joe Romm joins us to discuss Obama's stunning climate remarks in his 2nd Inaugural and what it may portend for the Keystone XL Pipeline (and you)...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Standard Podcast January 22, 2013 Palestinian Iyad Burnat from the West Bank, on His Brother’s Oscar-Nominated Documentary, “5 Broken Cameras”
• PBC Standard Podcast January 25, 2013 Portland’s Progressive Host, Carl Wolfson, is Back; Chicago Defense Attorney Flint Taylor Fights Torture by Chicago Police
• PBC News & Comment January 25, 2013PBC News & Comment: Alarming New Case of Torture and Rendition
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern
• Dr. Tracy Weitz will discuss the 40th Anniversary of the Supreme Court’s Roe v. Wade decision, and the fight that continues to this day for women’s’ reproductive rights.
• David Hawkins, Director of Climate Programs at the NRDC will be here to tell us about the MACT standards put forward by the EPA, and what that will mean for coal-fired power plants in America.
• Truthout investigative journalist William Rivers Pitt will tell us how the gun industry is able to cash in from mass shootings.
• Politico senior reporter Maggie Haberman will join us to discuss the looming Democratic divide in Washington.
• Economist Dean Baker will tell us why the 3% cut to Social Security will be disastrous for senior citizens – and why the Democrats seem willing to go along with it.
• And Alternet’s Washington correspondent Adele Stan will be here to tell us if the Tea Party has finally outlived its usefulness for the GOP.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473)or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• RFK, Jr. and Sam Seder: Drone Strikes, Torture Unequivocally Un-American The following is a transcript of an upcoming discussion between Sam Seder and Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. on the un-American use of torture and drone strikes by American forces. The full discussion will be aired this weekend on Ring of Fire.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: PBS Documentary Uncovers Obama Complacency In Banking Crimes (VIDEO) Mike Papantonio appears on The Ed Show on MSNBC to discuss the PBS documentary “The Untouchables,” which exposed the failures of the Obama administration in going after Wall Street criminals.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Frontline – Obama’s Pals Go Unpunished (VIDEO) Mike Papantonio appears on The Big Picture with Thom Hartmann to talk about the lack of prosecutions for the crimes perpetrated by Wall Street, and why, ultimately, President Obama bears the blame for that failure.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 8-11 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• January 21, 2102 Happy Martin Luther King JR Day Today’s show is a compilation of clips including excerpts from “The Frank McGee Sunday Report: Martin Luther King Profile,” NBC News, May 7, 1967, followed by a brief excerpt from a speech at Cleveland, Ohio, on April 28, 1967. Then extended excerpts of a MLK sermon at the Ebenezer Baptist Church on April 30, 1967, then the CBS evening news with Walter Cronkite reporting on the assassination on 4-4-68 and finally, Nina Simone singing “Why?” recorded live three days after the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.
• January 22, 2013 Tracy Weitz Roe V Wade At 40
• January 23, 2013 Brian Beutler On The Coming Budget Wars
• January 24, 2013 Eliot Spitzer: Justice Departments Lanny Breuer Steps Down
• January 25, 2013 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Matthew Film Guy Weiss
• MORE Podcast Interviews at Majority.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV PLUS here is Max Keiser’s official Facebook page And here is the official Keiser Report page
• The official Facebook pages for Max Keiser & Keiser Report STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead. Max Keiser & Keiser Report PLUS Stacey Herbert
• The rich are different from you and me . . . they renounce their citizenship. by stacyherbert - Stacy summary: Notice the trend globally is for the rich to renounce their citizenship, whether French or American; just as the working class and the middle class embrace ever more fervent nationalism. Yes, the rich are different from you and me . . .READ Tina Turner to give up U.S. passport (france24.com)
• US Federal Reserve is reporting a major deposit withdrawal from the nation’s bank accounts. The financial system hasn’t seen such a massive fund outflow since 9/11 attacks. by maxkeiser - According to the US Fed. Financial analysts suggest it could be down to the Transaction Account Guarantee insurance program coming to an end on December 31 last year and clients moving their money that is no longer insured by the government. READ The first week of January 2013 has seen $114 billion withdrawn from 25 of the US’ biggest banks, pushing deposits down to $5.37 trillion (rt.com)
• This ‘Third War’ Will Be the Most Destructive in History, Warns Pentagon Adviser by maxkeiser - READ Businessweek: World ‘Plunges Into Currency War’ (moneynews.com)
• Anonymous called the launch of it new campaign a “warhead.” by maxkeiser - The political assassination of activist Aaron Swartz by Chris Dodd’s minions has started another war: the copyright war. Copyright law has changed from giving creators a limited period of monopoly right for their works (28 years) to giving corporations lifetime plus 70 year monopoly rights on ideas that come originally from the public domain. Ideas that; if fail to return to the public domain in 28 years (or less), constitute a form of sanctioned theft by the state of our birthright: our ideas. READ Anonymous called the launch of it new campaign a “warhead.” (zdnet.com)
• KEISER REPORT [KR396] Keiser Report: Threshold of Tyranny Passed (ft. Alex Jones) We discuss the closing of the American mind as intellectual troublemakers like Aaron Swartz are locked up for decades rather than set free to innovate. They look at the two tier justice system in which these intellectual troublemakers are persecuted while political benefactors on Wall Street are allowed to commit an endless array of financial crimes without any fear of prosecution. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to Alex Jones about his appearance on Piers Morgan’s show on CNN. They also discuss the targeting of activists and the role of new media taking on the dinosaurs of media.
• KEISER REPORT [KR397] Keiser Report: Burgers, Banksters & Blackholes
• KEISER REPORT [KR398] Plunderers Pumping Pelf We discuss the American legal system that authorizes plunder, a moral code that glorifies it and a financial system that profits from it. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to Professor Steven A. Ramirez, a former Enforcement Attorney at the US Securities and Exchange Commission, about the broken social contract, when that contract got broken and how to mend it.
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Greg Hunter An interview with Greg Hunter of USA Watchdog.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1264] The Truth About Shiny Clothes and a Cellphone Stacy Summary: We discuss how it is that the worst economic crisis since 1830 looks so different from previous depressions because the people have shiny clothes and a cellphone. We also discuss Max’s Daily Politics appearance, the triple dip recession, and the Germans encouraging the UK to exit the EU (hint: it has to do with market share of financial trading). Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Pepe Escobar June 30, 2012: Globetrotting journalist Pepe Escobar discusses his article “Syria and Turkey’s Phantom War;” Turkey’s violation of Syrian airspace in a purposeful, measured provocation and test of Syria’s defenses; the near-invocation of NATO Article 5 and a wider war (an attack on one NATO country is an attack on all); looking for ways to bypass the UN on Syria, since China and Russia won’t let an interventionist resolution pass the Security Council; grand plans for NATO expansion in the official “Assured Security, Dynamic Engagement” plan; counterrevolutions in the Middle East and South America, as the US looks to rebuild its portfolio of client states; and how Qatar has become the new superpower in the Middle East, surpassing even Saudi Arabia.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Col. (Ret.) Martha McSally, U.S. Air Force
• Lt. Gen. (Ret.) Jerry Boykin, U.S Army
• Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN)
• Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml