Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
MLK Day Inauguration Special! We begin with the outpouring from the internets on the death of Aaron Swartz, too many to list but here's a few.
- Jon Mitchell - ReadWrite.com The Persecution of Aaron Swartz
- Glenn Greenwald - The Guardian The inspiring heroism of Aaron Swartz
- Diane Sweet - CrooksandLiars Anonymous Takes Down DOJ & MIT in Tribute to Aaron Swartz
- williambanzai7 ZeroHedge AARON SWARTZ: WHaT KiND oF a WoRLD?
- Matt Pearce - LA Times Aaron Swartz's father on U.S. attorneys: 'They destroyed my son'
- Noam Cohen - NY Times A Data Crusader, a Defendant and Now, a Cause
- Caleb Garling - SFGate 'Open access' tributes to Aaron Swartz
- The study conclusively shows that bitumen pollution "is not natural, is increasing over time and the footprint of the industry is much bigger than anyone thought," says John Smol, one of Canada's leading freshwater ecologists, a Queen's University professor and a contributor to the study.
- It shows that as production rises, so does the pollution fallout from the project. It also implies that we need some means of controlling these stack emissions. It also reinforces the now well-documented fact that past monitoring has been substandard. This sort of contamination should have been easily detected a decade or more ago.
- "This intervention is itself the consequence of another. The Libyan war is frequently touted as a success story for liberal interventionism. Yet the toppling of Muammar Gaddafi's dictatorship had consequences that Western intelligence services probably never even bothered to imagine. Tuaregs – who traditionally hailed from northern Mali – made up a large portion of his army. When Gaddafi was ejected from power, they returned to their homeland: sometimes forcibly so as black Africans came under attack in post-Gaddafi Libya, an uncomfortable fact largely ignored by the Western media. . . . [T]he Libyan war was seen as a success . . . and here we are now engaging with its catastrophic blowback."
The world lost a brilliant activist and a leading proponent of information freedom last week.
Aaron H. Swartz - November 8, 1986 – January 11, 2013
- Lawrence Lessig, Roy L. Furman Professor of Law and Leadership at Harvard Law School "An Incredible Soul": Larry Lessig Remembers Aaron Swartz After Cyberactivist’s Suicide Before Trial; Parents Blame Prosecutor
- Aaron Swartz Freedom to Connect: Aaron Swartz (1986-2013) on Victory to Save Open Internet, Fight Online Censors
- May Ying Welsh, correspondent for Al Jazeera English & Hannah Armstrong, Bamako-based research fellow with the Institute of Current World Affairs Admin Aids French Bombing of Mali After U.S.-Trained Forces Join Rebels in Uranium-Rich Region
- Nick Turse, author, journalist, and managing editor of TomDispatch.com "Kill Anything That Moves": New Book Exposes Hidden Crimes of the War Kerry, Hagel Fought in Vietnam His new book is "Kill Anything That Moves: The Real American War in Vietnam".
- Colin Goddard, a survivor of the 2007 Virginia Tech massacre Va. Tech Shooting Survivor: Obama’s Gun Plan a 1st Step, But "We Need a Movement" to Overcome NRA
- Sean Burke, president of the School Safety Advocacy Council & Damon Hewitt, director of the Education Practice Group at the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund Debate on Armed Police in Schools: Needed for Kid Safety or Part of the Student-to-Prison Pipeline?
- Peter Stone, a longtime investigative reporter for the National Journal Behind the NRA’s Money: Gun Lobby Deepens Financial Ties to $12 Billion Firearms Industry
- Taren Stinebrickner-Kauffman, Aaron Swartz’s partner; founder and executive director of SumOfUs.org & Alex Stamos, chief technology officer of Artemis Internet Exclusive: Aaron Swartz’s Partner, Expert Witness Say Prosecutors Unfairly Targeted Dead Activist
- Tavis Smiley As Obama Prepares for 2nd Term, Tavis Smiley Urges Him to Take Up MLK’s Fight Against Poverty
- Emira Woods, co-director of Foreign Policy In Focus at the Institute for Policy Studies "Unintended Consequences of Military Intervention": Roots of Mali, Algeria Crisis Tied to Libya War
- Dave Zirin, sports columnist for The Nation magazine "The Tony Soprano of the Cycling World": Dave Zirin on Lance Armstrong’s Doping Confession AND Notre Dame Football Faulted for Covering Up Manti Te’o Hoax While Refusing to Probe Rape Scandal
- Lynn Paltrow, founder and executive director of National Advocates for Pregnant Women Criminalizing Pregnancy: As Roe v. Wade Turns 40, Study Finds Forced Interventions on Pregnant Women
»»» FEATURED SHOW Sarah Schulman & Vijay Prashad on International Solidarity with the Palestinian People author, activist, Sarah Schulman in her latest book, Israel/Palestine and the Queer International & Trinity College Prof. Vijay Prashad, author of Uncle Swami and The Darker Nations: The politics of fear, the Israel lobby, and the way some marginalized Americans are enticed to accept immoral policies in an effort to gain acceptance. What is the true meaning and expression of solidarity" they ask?
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NFL Playoffs Conference Round! 49ers @ Falcons FOX 3 pm et then Ravens @ Patriots CBS 6:30 pm
»»» NBA on TNT THURSDAY Doubleheader! Knicks @ Celtics 8 pm et then Clippers @ Suns 10:30 pm
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communi ties
- Lawmakers concerned about the health effects on humans from mountaintop removal coal mining set forth legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives today. Representatives Dennis Kucinich (OH), Louise Slaughter (NY), Maurice Hinchey (NY), Earl Blumenauer (OR), Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA), John Yarmuth (KY), Lynn Woolsey (CA), Judy Chu (CA), Raúl Grijalva (AZ), James Moran (VA), Michael Honda (CA), John Conyers (MI), and Keith Ellison (MN) introduced the Appalachian Communities Health Emergency (ACHE) Act H.R. 5959 which would place a moratorium on permitting for mountaintop removal coal mining until health studies are conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services. The ACHE coalition presently consists of participants from Coal River Mountain Watch, Mountain Health and Heritage Association, and Christians for the Mountains. “We encourage you, if you’re concerned about mountaintop removal’s effect on your community’s health, to join us in making your voice heard,” said Allen Johnson, executive director of Christians for the Mountains. “Please contact us, learn about the issue, and take action to protect your community.”
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Community Wealth Building in Action: The Cleveland Model Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar featuring David Cobb's Barnstorming Tour! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network UPDATE! Natasha Lennard, assistant news editor at Salon Nobel Peace Laureates condemn prosecution of Bradley Manning Nov 15, 2012: Nobel Peace laureates Archbishop Desmond Tutu (Nobel Peace Prize, 1984), Mairead Maguire (Nobel Peace Prize, 1977) and Adolfo Pérez Esquivel (Nobel Peace Prize, 1980) have published a letter in support of Pfc. Bradley Manning in The Nation, following news that the soldier is willing to take responsibility for leaking information to WikiLeaks. The Peace Prize winners wrote against the government’s treatment of the soldier, who has been in prison for over 900 days.......more.....
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
The essential guide for watching government propaganda!
THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• White House Senior Adviser David Plouffe
• Presidential Inauguration Committee co-chair Eva Longoria
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will and Cokie Roberts; political strategist and ABC News political analyst Matthew Dowd; former Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm, host of Current TV's "The War Room"; and 2012 Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• DAVID PLOUFFE White House Senior Adviser
• CONDOLEEZZA RICE Former Secretary of State
• DEE DEE MYERS Former Bill Clinton Press Secretary and Vanity Fair Contributing Editor
• BOB WOODWARD The Washington Post
• PEGGY NOONAN The Wall Street Journal
• ROUNDTABLE: DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING JR.'S LEGACY - TAYLOR BRANCH Author, The King Years; JOE CALIFANO Former Secretary of Health, Education and Welfare; DR. JAMES PETERSON LeHigh University
• REP. JOAQUIN CASTRO D-TX
• MAYOR JULIAN CASTRO San Antonio, Texas
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• "60 Minutes" will be preempted this Sunday, Jan. 20, 2013 by CBS Sports coverage of the American Football Conference Championship game between the Baltimore Ravens and the New England Patriots.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Democrat Chuck Schumer of New York
• Republican Ted Cruz of Texas.
• ROUNDTABLE: David Axelrod; MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough; Presidential Historian Doris Kearns Goodwin; and three of NBC’s finest: Special Correspondent Tom Brokaw; Chief Foreign Correspondent Richard Engel and Chief White House Correspondent and Political Director Chuck Todd
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• White House Senior Adviser David Plouffe
• Senator John Barrasso (R-Wyoming)
• Former Clinton Speechwriter Don Baer
• Former George W. Bush Speechwriter Michael Gerson.
• ROUNDTABLE: Former Democratic Senator Russ Feingold, Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, USA Today’s Susan Page and CNN Senior Political Analyst Ron Brownstein.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• THORN IN THE SIDE THURSDAY!!!! Bob's last show until later next week ! Listen HERE NOW! Keep Bob on the air HERE ya hear? Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - January 17, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Interior Secretary Ken Salazar steps down; Crop Killer: freeze hits CA citrus; 2012 tenth hottest year globally; EPA squashes fracking drinking water study; TX sues for OK's water; PLUS: No, it's not your imagination --- Spring is springing earlier than ever ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Coal exports to Asia: new battle against global warming; Court finds Bush EPA weakened soot regulations; Exploring environmental links to autism; Coal-ash dump leaking into WV neighborhood; Killer bat disease spreads to KY ... PLUS: Why the 'Idle No More' Movement Is Our Best Chance for Clean Land and Water ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! If at Twice You Don't Succeed, Rig, Rig Again Chairman of the RNC, Reince Priebus, signs off on plan to game the electoral college system in 'blue' states across the country...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Daily Show: 'Confusing Tyranny With Losing Democratic Elections' Jon Stewart rips the RW yutzes in a panic over 'King Obama's' newly issued -- and rather tepid -- executive actions on gun safety...
• BRADCAST UPDATE! KPFK 'BradCast': Obama's Gun Grabbing Tyranny! We're not the only ones who find Obama's proposals for so-called 'gun laws' to be an outrageous attack on our freedom and liberty. So do some of Brad's KPFK callers!...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Standard Podcast January 16, 2013 Minstrel Roy Zimmerman Returns to Share New Songs, Report on 49-state US Tour
• PBC Standard Podcast January 17, 2013 Two Progressives Review Obama’s First Term, Preview the Second: Prof. David Coates and Norman Solomon
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern
• Rolling Stone contributing editor Jeff Goodell will tell us about the options that President Obama has to address climate change.
• Author and historian Rick Perlstein will tell us how the NRA evolved into one of the most deceptive, and politically inept, organizations in America.
• Truth-Out reporter Darwin Graham will join us to discuss the greedy Wall Street banks that made billions in the housing bubble, and how they’re hoping to make billions more by snatching up foreclosed homes.
• And America Blog’s Gaius Publius will tell us how we can build a powerful, sustainable Progressive movement in America.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473)or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• RFK, Jr. and Sam Seder: Drone Strikes, Torture Unequivocally Un-American The following is a transcript of an upcoming discussion between Sam Seder and Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. on the un-American use of torture and drone strikes by American forces. The full discussion will be aired this weekend on Ring of Fire.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Deadly Chemicals Hiding in Our Waters (VIDEO) More than 30 years ago, the government banned the production and use of chemicals known as PCBs because they were causing serious illnesses in both humans and our environment. And even though PCBs have been off the market for 3 decades, they are still hanging out in waterways, in the air we breathe, and in our soil — causing cancers and other illnesses in people all over America. But recently, state governments decided that it was time to finally take action on the issue, and Mike Papantonio recently spoke with Spokane Riverkeeper Bart Mihailovich about what is being done to remove these toxic chemicals from our environments.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Gun Industry Exporting Death All Over The Globe (VIDEO) Mike Papantonio appears on The Big Picture with Thom Hartmann to discuss the exporting activities of American gun manufacturers, as well as the ridiculous uproar from the Republicans over President Obama’s executive orders on gun control.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 8-11 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• January 14, 2102 Matt Taibbi & Remembering Aaron Swartz
• January 15, 2013 Michael Hastings, “The Inside Story of Obama’s Final Campaign”
• January 16, 2013 Tech Day & Fran Lebowitz For Members No show today. Its a tech day. But, for Members Only we have a great interview from the MR, archives with Fran Lebowitz.
• January 17, 2013 Obama Goes Big on Guns
• January 18, 2013 Cliff Schecter & Isabel Gillies
• MORE Podcast Interviews at Majority.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV PLUS here is Max Keiser’s official Facebook page And here is the official Keiser Report page
• The official Facebook pages for Max Keiser & Keiser Report STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead. Max Keiser & Keiser Report PLUS Stacey Herbert
• Taibbi: “The federal rescue of Wall Street didn’t fix the economy – it created a permanent bailout state based on a Ponzi-like confidence scheme. And the worst may be yet to come.” by maxkeiser - READ Secret and Lies of the Bailout (rollingstone.com)
• The Untouchables by stacyherbert - PBS Frontline will air a documentary called The Untouchables on 22 January. Here is the trailer. "FRONTLINE investigates why Wall Street’s leaders have escaped prosecution for any fraud related to the sale of bad mortgages."
Both Nick Verbitsky and Teri Buhl were interviewed for the programme; and, while they don’t know yet whether they made it past the cutting room floor, their work certainly has been some of the most important in pursuing mortgage fraud as perpetrated by the big banks rather than by the individual homeowner as most of the MSM in the US relentlessly covers.
Here is Teri Buhl’s story for The Atlantic: E-mails Suggest Bear Stearns Cheated Clients Out of Billions As you know, Keiser Report is the only financial news tv programme that has been covering this story for the past two years. You can search YouTube for all the interviews we’ve done with both Teri Buhl and Nick Verbitsky regarding mortgage fraud at the JPM/Bear Stearns unit. .... MORE! VIDEOS!
• And don’t forget Warren Buffett… And the tale of two men plugging servers into walls extracting stuff: one makes billions, the other one’s dead. by Max Keiser - Aaron Swartz was caught when he tried to retrieve the server from the site of building where he was downloading documents (documents subsidized with public money to begin with) to place them into the public domain – an action later repeated by the same institution when they released these documents into the public domain. He faced 35 yrs. hard time and killed himself; an act now widely understood to be a state sanctioned kill. Lloyd Blankfein (CEO of Goldman Sachs) plugs a server into a wall adjoining the NYSE and – using HFT – siphons off billions of free cash (as he admitted on Charlie Rose and other media outlets). Lloyd gets more free government money and a the cover of MSM magazines portrayed as a hero. READ Fed official alleges Geithner may have alerted banks to rate cut (reuters.com)
• “The United States is ripe for a revolution. People are pissed, and rightfully so.” by maxkeiser - I created PirateMyfilm (using Bitcoin only) anticipating the copyright revolution that would engulf the MPAA and America in controversy. The fact that Chris Dodd, the CEO of the MPAA, is now being fingered as the guy who effectively killed Aaron Swartz doesn’t surprise me. The MPAA/RIAA, the ‘copyright cartel’ aka Hollywood demean and destabilize Americans by using copyright to lock up our intellectual property on corporate balance sheets behind escalating pricey firewalls – reversing the freedom of the printing press and mass communication we’ve enjoyed post-Enlightenment – and returning to information priests who rule as dictators over a new, gigantic digital knowledge slum. Copyright started out problematically giving a limited monopoly right to creators for 28 years before, by law, all intellectual property was mandated to return to the public domain from where ALL IDEAS AND CREATIVITY COMES. Thomas Jefferson argued against any form of intellectual property law. Disney, and their copyright extension laws (every time Mickey Mouse was due to enter the public domain) extended copyright to lifetime plus 75 years; creating what Lawrence Lessig calls ‘perpetual copyright.’ This is devastating to the public domain; our birthright. READ Aaron Swartz, America’s Mohamed Bouazizi: We’re in the midst of a revolution, which side are you on? (disinfo.com) with VIDEO!
• KEISER REPORT [KR393] Keiser Report: Whore-der of JP Morgan We discuss the fact that markets don’t kill economies, banksters kill economies. They also discuss JP Morgan’s copper ETF in London and Blythe Masters, the well known hoar-der of commodities. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to David Hales about the economics of bit torrent and the future of peer to peer banking.
• KEISER REPORT [KR394] Keiser Report: Devil’s Deadly Derivatives
• KEISER REPORT [KR395] Keiser Report: Welcome Home German Gold We discuss the currency war masquerading as a ‘storage plan,’ the Bond Kings threatening the gold repatriating Germany with having a Libya done to them and the Mexican taco stand in Florida advising customers to invest in silver. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to Doug Casey of CaseyResearch.com about German gold, Glenn’s Gulch and future war.
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Greg Hunter An interview with Greg Hunter of USA Watchdog.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1263] The Truth About Aaron Swartz, Kim Dot God and HMV Gift Cards Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Pepe Escobar June 30, 2012: Globetrotting journalist Pepe Escobar discusses his article “Syria and Turkey’s Phantom War;” Turkey’s violation of Syrian airspace in a purposeful, measured provocation and test of Syria’s defenses; the near-invocation of NATO Article 5 and a wider war (an attack on one NATO country is an attack on all); looking for ways to bypass the UN on Syria, since China and Russia won’t let an interventionist resolution pass the Security Council; grand plans for NATO expansion in the official “Assured Security, Dynamic Engagement” plan; counterrevolutions in the Middle East and South America, as the US looks to rebuild its portfolio of client states; and how Qatar has become the new superpower in the Middle East, surpassing even Saudi Arabia.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• David Plouffe, Senior Adviser to the President
• Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml