Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
IRAQ 10 Years later We ran out of time last week to report on the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations Hearing focusing on JP morgan's now infamous "London Whale" scheme that blew up real good. Go to Rolling Stone's Matt Taibbi for his Live-Blogging the Senate Hearing on J.P. Morgan Chase and the Infamous 'London Whale' Episode for comments like
- In other words, never mind that I lied -- the OCC should have been able to figure this out on their own, because we were sending them reports with all the raw data. Of course, they didn't send data all the way throughout, as McCain quickly pointed out...
- This is a blatant lie, a market-altering lie -- how many people didn't sell Chase stock because they believed federal regulators were on top of any potential problems at the bank, when in fact not only did the OCC not know anything about these positions, there were people in the bank's senior management who didn't understand them? How is this not actionable? It's crazy.....
- What we find out from this hearing and from the research that spurred it into existence is that the accounting procedures at a bank like Chase, particularly with regard to derivatives, are closer to being an exercise in creative writing than real accounting. This giant mountain of a company is made up of a core of optimistic assumptions, almost kid-like fantasies, and in some cases, outright lies. It's really incredible....
- If the numbers look bad, change them, throw off the regulators, but just try not to put it in writing. The failure of superiors to step in and actually change the bad behavior is the constant. At every juncture in this story, from the changing of the methodology of calculating the value of the SCP to the decision to not tell regulators about the losses, there is a moment where a higher-up has a chance to step in and stop the problem. And instead of doing so, he or she always just finds a way to institutionalize the whitewashing procedure....
- *STYLIANIDES SAYS ANASTASIADES DEPARTS FOR BRUSSELS 7:15 AM
- *STYLIANIDES SAYS ANASTASIADES WILL MEET WITH IMF'S LAGARDE
- *CYPRUS EUROGROUP MEETING TO BEGIN AT 7 P.M., SPOKESMAN SAYS
- *SCHAEUBLE SAYS WRONG DECISION NOW WOULD DO EURO A DISSERVICE
- *SCHAEUBLE SAYS CYPRUS MUST RESPECT THE RULES: WELT AM SONNTAG
- Not a Failure: Iraq War Was a Premeditated Crime and Iraqis Still Deserve Truth and Justice
- NSA Whistleblower Thomas Drake: All Doubts Dispelled, Bradley Manning’s a Whistleblower NSA whistleblower Thomas Drake shares his reaction to the statement and thoughts on his case.
- Beginning of the End of FBI National Security Letter Gag Provisions? On RT America, I discuss the recent court ruling in a lawsuit where an unnamed telecommunications company (believed to be Credo) challenged the gag provisions in FBI national security letters
- The Bodies of War That Iraq War Architects Dare Not Acknowledge or Confront Tomas Young, a veteran of the Iraq War whose story was presented in the 2007 documentary, Body of War, appeared on “Democracy Now!” on March 21. The dying soldier read his moving letter to President George W. Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney and all the other war criminals that sent him and tens of thousands of other young men and women to Iraq to engage in violence in a country, which posed no threat to America whatsoever.
- Dear Renee,
WE heard your interview with Richard Perle on Wednesday. The House Armed Services Committee interviewed Richard Perle in 2002 BEFORE the "armed conflict" (Congress never did declare "WAR") and again in April 2005. WE watched the 2005 hearing on CSPAN and repeatedly Perle was found WRONG. His foil in BOTH hearings? General Wesley Clark. It appears the transcripts and videos of these hearings have been scrubbed from the internet (at least WE can't find them; maybe you and the crack NPR staff can?). The best WE can find is Dana Milbank at the WaPo Thursday, April 7, 2005; Page A10 "Same Committee, Same Combatants, Different Tune". If you think Perle is a good interview FOR the war (who plainly got everything wrong then and still does now) then WE URGE YOU to contact GENERAL WES CLARK and have him recap his testimony from BOTH 2002 & 2005 and give his reflections of what has happened since and what is going on in Iraq now. The Knight-Ridder (now McClatchy) reporters got it right then. So did General Clark. Please interview Wes Clark to rebut Richard Perle's distorted view of the events of ten years ago and its consequences.
- Transcript from LARRY KING SHOW, Kennedy is the guest and he mentions Clark's testimony and Levin also. Hope this works. They wouldn't scrub Larry! CNN LARRY KING LIVE - Interview With Edward Kennedy
- Ok try this Ted Kennedy speech at Johns Hopkins school of advanced international studies. Ted Kennedy Speaks Out Against War on Iraq
- Gene Lyons Buzzflash interview where he lays out how Clark got it right all the way back in 2002 - based on an off the record conversation he'd had w/Wes at a 4th of July party... Where Wes as "holding court"... Like he would do! Gene Lyons, Political Columnist and Co-Author of "Hunting of the President," Chats with BuzzFlash About General Wesley Clark
For Arne Duncan.
- Alexandria Goddard & Marc Randazza Steubenville Rape Trial: Blogger Who Exposed Case Speaks Out After Ohio Teens Found Guilty
- Arundhati Roy Arundhati Roy on Iraq War’s 10th: Bush May Be Gone, But "Psychosis" of U.S. Foreign Policy Prevails
- Arundhati Roy & Sanjay Kak A New Intifada in Kashmir? Arundhati Roy & Sanjay Kak on the World’s Most Densely Militarized Area
- Neta Crawford, co-director of the Costs of War Project The Costs of War: 10 Years After Iraq Invasion, New Study Tallies the Massive Human, Financial Toll
- Raed Jarrar, an Iraqi-American blogger and political analyst. "We’ve Lost Our Country": An Iraqi American Looks Back on a Decade of War That’s Devastated a Nation
- Rashid Khalidi Brokers of Deceit: As Obama Visits Israel, Scholar Rashid Khalidi on How the U.S. Undermines Peace
- Al Jazeera reporter Dahr Jamail Dahr Jamail Returns to Iraq to Find Rampant Torture and a Failed State Living in "Utter Devastation" AND Ten Years Later, U.S. Has Left Iraq with Mass Displacement & Epidemic of Birth Defects, Cancers
- Iraq War Timeline Democracy Now! Iraq War Timeline Recaps a Decade of Independent Reporting on Occupation and Protest with Renee Feltz, Democracy Now! producer. See our new interactive timeline where you can watch video highlights from a decade of Democracy Now! coverage of the Iraq War and the peace movement.
- Yanar Mohammed, president of the Organization of Women’s Freedom in Iraq & Maggie Martin, former U.S. Army sergeant. Right to Heal: Iraqi Civilians Join U.S. Veterans in New Effort to Recover from War’s Devastation On this 10th anniversary of the invasion of Iraq, we turn now to look at how U.S. military veterans and Iraqi civilians are joining together to focus on the "Right to Heal." That’s the title of their new campaign, which was launched Tuesday in front of the White House.
- Tomas Young & Phil Donahue Exclusive: Dying Iraq War Veteran Tomas Young Explains Decision to End His Life; Phil Donahue on His 2003 Firing from MSNBC, When Liberal Network Couldn’t Tolerate Antiwar Voices; Exclusive: Dying Iraq War Veteran Tomas Young Reads "Last Letter" to President Bush and Dick Cheney. Watch the extended interview on-line Exclusive: Tomas Young Reads in Full His Letter to Bush & Cheney, "A Message From a Dying Veteran"
- Maggie O'Kane, multimedia investigations editor at The Guardian BBC-Guardian Exposé Uses WikiLeaks to Link Iraq Torture Centers to U.S. Col. Steele & Gen. Petraeus As we continue to mark the 10th anniversary of the 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq, we turn today to a shocking new report by The Guardian newspaper and BBC Arabic detailing how the United States armed and trained Iraqi police commando units that ran torture centers and death squads. It’s a story that stretches from the U.S.-backed involvement in Latin America to the imprisoned Army whistleblower Bradley Manning. With Maggie O'Kane, multimedia investigations editor at The Guardian. She is a former foreign correspondent. Her past awards include British journalist of the year and foreign correspondent of the year.
»»» FEATURED SHOW Want Fair Elections? Meet the Goldwater Institute Those who, like New York’s lawmakers are seeking to overhaul their democracy are up against powerful opposition but that’s no reason not to push onwards. New York, in fact, stands a good chance of becoming a defiant model. There are voting rights and there’s the right to buy votes and the same cabal attempting to limit the former are just as vigorously defending the latter. Those who, like New York’s lawmakers are seeking fairer elections are up against powerful opposition, says Lisa Graves of the Center for Media and Democracy, but that’s no reason not to push on. New York, in fact, stands a good chance of becoming a defiant model for the nation. New York legislators are currently considering a Fair Elections law that would lower overall contribution limits, provide real-time disclosures of all donations and, critically, match small donations. more...
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NASCAR on FOX NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at California Auto Club Speedway 3 pm et
»»» NCAA Tournament on CBS More bracket-busting! Check your local listings!
»»» NBA on TNT TUESDAY Doubleheader! Knicks @ Celtics 7 pm et then Clippers @ Mavericks 10:30 pm et
**** MLB OPENING DAY IN 8 DAYS! ****
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communi ties
- Lawmakers concerned about the health effects on humans from mountaintop removal coal mining set forth legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives today. Representatives Dennis Kucinich (OH), Louise Slaughter (NY), Maurice Hinchey (NY), Earl Blumenauer (OR), Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA), John Yarmuth (KY), Lynn Woolsey (CA), Judy Chu (CA), Raúl Grijalva (AZ), James Moran (VA), Michael Honda (CA), John Conyers (MI), and Keith Ellison (MN) introduced the Appalachian Communities Health Emergency (ACHE) Act H.R. 5959 which would place a moratorium on permitting for mountaintop removal coal mining until health studies are conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services. The ACHE coalition presently consists of participants from Coal River Mountain Watch, Mountain Health and Heritage Association, and Christians for the Mountains. “We encourage you, if you’re concerned about mountaintop removal’s effect on your community’s health, to join us in making your voice heard,” said Allen Johnson, executive director of Christians for the Mountains. “Please contact us, learn about the issue, and take action to protect your community.”
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Community Wealth Building in Action: The Cleveland Model Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network UPDATE! From the Bradley Manning Support Network Audio recording of Bradley Manning’s statement leaked AND Update 3/11/13: Contra Bill Keller, Bradley Manning’s motives consistent from chat logs through plea statement
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
The essential guide for watching government propaganda!
THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• with "Nightline" co-anchor Terry Moran
• ROUNDTABLE: Jim Messina and Karl Rove; "Nightline" co-anchor Terry Moran, who covers the Supreme Court for ABC News; Democratic strategist and ABC News contributor Donna Brazile; and Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan.
• FOREIGN POLICY ROUNDTABLE: ABC News global affairs anchor Christiane Amanpour; Atlantic national correspondent Jeffrey Goldberg; former Romney campaign senior adviser Dan Senor, co-founder of the Foreign Policy Initiative.; and Time Magazine assistant managing editor Rana Foroohar.
• SPOTLIGHT: Director Alexandra Pelosi and former New Jersey Gov. Jim McGreevey discuss their new HBO film "Fall to Grace" about McGreevey's life and work since his controversial exit from office.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Representative Mike Rodgers, Chairman of the House Intelligence Communittee
• Super Bowl champion, Baltimore Ravens Linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo
• ROUNDTABLE: New York Times columnist Tom Friedman, CBS News' Clarissa Ward and Time Magazine's Bobby Ghosh
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Crackdown in Russia - Female punk protest band Pussy Riot piqued the ire of Russian authorities after they staged an anti-Putin rally in Moscow's largest cathedral. The subsequent viral video of the stunt and stiff prison sentences for some of its members made the band a cause celebre. Lesley Stahl reports. Shachar Bar-On and Alexandra Poolos are the producers.
• Blindsided - Brian Banks may yet play in the NFL. But he knows it's a longshot after spending five years in prison on a rape charge for which he was later exonerated. James Brown reports. Peter Radovich and Gareth Hughes are the producers
• The Nile Crocodile - Anderson Cooper finds out that underwater, the man-eating Nile crocodile can look graceful, even beautiful, as he swims with the dangerous predators and the wildlife filmmakers studying them. Michael Gavshon and Paul Bellinger are the producers
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• New York City’s Independent Mayor Michael Bloomberg
• Executive Vice President of the National Rifle Association Wayne LaPierre
• NBC News Chief Foreign Correspondent Richard Engel
• ROUNDTABLE:Chairman of the Faith and Freedom Coalition Ralph Reed; Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen; Washington Post columnist EJ Dionne; and the New York Times’ David Brooks.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Veteran Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki
• Colorado governor John Hickenlooper (D-CO)
• ROUNDTABLE: California Attorney General Kamala Harris, Austin Nimocks from Alliance Defending Freedom, Republican Strategist Ana Navarro and CNN Senior Political Analyst Ron Brownstein
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRIDAY ON THE FRONT PORCH!!!!! Pull up a chair and a cold one! Listen NOW HERE!! Keep Bob on the air HERE ya hear? Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - March 21, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: L.A. to be 100% coal-free; TN conservatives slam mountaintop removal coal mining - by China; NV coal company faked air pollution reports; Green jobs are the fastest growing job sector in the nation; PLUS: Leave it to beavers - 'hero' beaver dam halts oil spill ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): State Dept. hid ties to Keystone XL pipeline company; Toyota Unveils New I-Road; NOAA: ‘Robust’ independent evidence confirms thermometer measurements; Climate Science Denier Leads House Science Subcommittee; Pope Francis calls for defending environment; Report: Security risks of climate change; Enviro groups criticize Obama's DOE nominee energy industry ties; Polar bear habitat shrinks even more... PLUS: How to cut U.S. gasoline use in half by 2030 ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADCAST UPDATE! Horrific: Birth Defects, Cancer Rates Tied to U.S. Use of Depleted Uranium in Iraq The BRAD BLOG's Desi Doyen discusses that and much more while guest hosting last night's 'The Young Turks'...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! $20 PER BALLOT CHARGED FOR 'RECOUNT' IN CA Mayoral candidate charged $2,000/hour for optical-scan 'recount' of 500 paper ballots in CA county, as arbitrary pricing continues to 'chill' citizen oversight in the Golden State...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Standard Podcast March 20, 2013 Harper’s Thomas Frank Lays Down Some Markers; Journalist Jess Bravin Takes a Close Look at Gitmo’s Military Commissions
• PBC Standard Podcast March 22, 2013 Progressive Activist and Author Norman Solomon: Using Grassroots Organizing to Challenge Obama and Democrats on War and Entitlements
• PBC News & Comment March 20, 2013PBC News & Comment Special: Iraq, 10 Years After Bush’s Biggest Blunder
• PBC News & Comment March 21, 2013 PBC News & Comment: No Frankenfish at Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• David Bender will be sitting in with Sam while Pap and Bobby are out this week, and he’ll be talking with legendary musician David Crosby.
• Author and journalist Steven Brill will tell us why American healthcare spending is out of control.
• Congressman Bruce Braley will give us the latest on the sequester, as well as his Senate run.
• Investigative journalist Tracy Weber from Pro Publica will be here to tell us how drug companies are hiring doctors to pitch their products.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• VIDEO! Papantonio: America Being Fracked To Hell and Back (VIDEO) Mike Papantonio and David Bender talk about the disastrous consequences of hydraulic fracturing (fracking), and why Republicans are so hell-bent on making sure every square inch of available land is squeezed for its natural resources.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Ten Years Of Lies, Fraud, and Death In Iraq (VIDEO) It's been ten years since the Bush Administration, with the help of the traditional, mainstream media lied us into a war with Iraq, and Mike Papantonio talks with progressive radio host David Bender about the lies, fraud, and deaths that have marked the last decade of our involvement in Iraq.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Sundays at NOON!
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder told us recently that some banks are just too big to prosecute. Investigative journalist Brad Friedman will be here to tell us why Holder is dead wrong.
- President Obama looks like he might be willing to cut vital social safety net programs as part of a “grand bargain” with the GOP. We’ll talk about that with progressive radio host Richard Fowler.
- Drug companies got a huge boost from the Obama administration this past week, and we’ll discuss why the administration believes that drug companies should be immune from lawsuits over their dangerous products. Attorneys Howard Nations and Mike Burg will weigh on in that.
- And violent acts from Tea Party groups are reaching new highs in America – we’ll hear what Heidi Beirich from the Southern Poverty Law Center has to say about the rise in right wing hate.
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder told us recently that some banks are just too big to prosecute. Investigative journalist Brad Friedman will be here to tell us why Holder is dead wrong.
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 3/18/13 Matt Taibbi: JP Morgan Chase's Crime Spree
• TUESDAY 3/19/13 The Invasion of Iraq Ten Years Later & Becky Bond Credo Activism
• WEDNESDAY 3/20/13 John Judis: On The Eve of Destruction: Opposing The Iraq War From The Beginning
• THURSDAY 3/21/13 Tor Ekeland: "Hackers" The New Communists? With Matt & Michael
• FRIDAY 3/22/13 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Film Guy Matthew Weiss With Matt & Michael
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
• JP Morgan Cleared Of Conspiracy “To Drive Down Silver Prices”s by Mark OByrne - JP Morgan Chase & Co won their case of a nationwide investors’ lawsuit accusing them of conspiring to drive down silver prices. U.S. District Judge Robert Patterson in Manhattan said the investors, who bought and sold COMEX silver futures and options contracts, failed to show that JPMorgan manipulated prices, by creating long short positions that were not in synch with market events at the time period. The judge acknowledged that the firm could influence prices, but said that it was not proven that the bank “intended to cause artificial prices to exist” and acted accordingly.......
• UBS, BofA, and JPMorgan Pocketed $474 Million As Detroit Descended Into Financial Chaos by maxkeiser - READ LIBOR Rigging & Complex Derivitives By UBS Contributed To Detroit’s Demise(mfi-miami.com)
• The Battle of Cyprus: The Long-planned Deposit Confiscation Scheme by Ellen Brown - The deposit confiscation scheme has long been in the making. US depositors could be next . . . .Ellen Brown is an attorney, chairman of the Public Banking Institute, and the author of eleven books, including Web of Debt: The Shocking Truth About Our Money System and How We Can Break Free. Her websites are webofdebt.com and ellenbrown.com.
• Matt Taibbi Live Blogging From JPM Hearings… by Wolf Richter - Internet companies know practically everything about their users. And servers never forget. Advertisers, ID thieves, insurance companies, and others are trying to get their hands on this data. Each in their own way. But “law enforcement” around the world can simply bully its way to it. Now Microsoft confessed: even your data and conversations on its encrypted services that you thought were secure aren’t. At least not from governments around the world. READ Microsoft Confesses (testosteronepit.com)
•Bitcoin: the fastest growing currency in the world by maxkeiser - READ Bitcoin: the fastest growing currency in the world (guardian.co.uk)
• KEISER REPORT [KR420] Keiser Report: JP Morgan Out Of Control We discuss Jamie Dimon punching above his weight as a tapeworm and bragging in court documents that he, essentially, had two former Treasury Secretaries on his payroll. They also discuss investors missing out on the ‘rally’ for fear of ‘Too Big to Jail’ tapeworm-banksters being bailed out at their expense. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to author, Josh Rosner, about his explosive new piece, “JP Morgan Chase: Out of Control.” They discuss the London Whale as a sign of systemic rot and sticking the taxpayer with JP Morgan’s bad Washington Mutual debts.
•KEISER REPORT [KR421] Keiser Report: We’re All Going On a Bank Holiday! We discuss the big picture of bank holidays and wealth confiscation in order to pay off the $100 trillion error account banksters basically admitted to having at Davos in 2011. We also present the Max Keiser Chiefs warning in 2005 about the $250 trillion in derivatives backed by a $40 trillion economy getting ready to blow up the world economy as evidenced by collapse of Refco. Eight years later, the debts are bigger and wealth confiscation schemes are bolder. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to Reggie Middleton of BoomBustBlog.com about Cyprus, the rules that have been revealed and his upcoming special investigation on certain European banks he’s discovered have been committing fraud.
• KEISER REPORT [KR422] Keiser Report: Constitution Fine Print We discuss central bankers injecting meth into their eyeballs and Freddie Mac then pushing the meth labs onto unsuspecting investors and homebuyers through sales of foreclosures. They also discuss the bold print of the Constitution that should trump the small print of the so-called sacroscant contracts of collateralised debt obligations and other bogus derivatives. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to Marc Hochstein of AmericanBanker.com about whether or not bitcoin is a ponzi scheme and about the issue of privacy in banking and financial transactions.
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Greg Hunter An interview with Greg Hunter of USA Watchdog.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1272] The Truth About Interest Rate Apartheid and Wealth Confiscation Stacy Summary: Max and I discuss the latest in the Cyprus confiscation scheme in which the name of the ever changing ‘deposit levy’ game is to get the mark about to be robbed confused enough that they don’t know they’ve been mugged. And that the confiscation scheme is a perfect demonstration of interest rate apartheid in which bondholders who were being paid an interest rate for their risk of holding the bond are bailed out whilst savers who were being paid nothing lose out. We look at the way that ‘it’s just Russian money’ is used to get the population to abide by the breaking of the principle that depositors should be more secure than bondholders. Finally, we suggest a modern remake of Midnight Express in which the Billy Hayes character is trapped in a capricious and malicious US justice and penal system for 30 years plus for the crime of downloading academic journals. Download show HERE (mp3)
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS Truth about Markets NYC – 03/15/13: Max and Stacy continue taking the banksters and financial terrorists to task in this entertaining installment. Thanks Gary Null and the Progressive Radio Network for having us on… Download show HERE (mp3) • Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday, excluding Thursday, from 12-2 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show 3/19/13 Dahr Jamail: Dahr Jamail, author of Beyond the Green Zone, discusses life in Iraq today – 10 years after the US invasion in 2003; the 1 million displaced Iraqis and the greatly increased cancer and birth defect rates; Prime Minister al-Maliki’s adoption of US counterinsurgency tactics, including rape, execution and torture; al-Malilki’s fears that Syrian rebels will target Iraq next and revitalize the Sunni resistance; and the problems with an independent Kurdistan.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 3/20/13 Daniel Ellsberg: Daniel Ellsberg, author of Secrets: A Memoir of Vietnam and the Pentagon Papers, discusses Bradley Manning’s motivation for leaking US embassy cables and the Iraqi and Afghan War logs; the end of accountability for government crimes; why the NY Times’ Bill Keller is dead wrong on Manning; the US mainstream media’s terrible coverage of WikiLeaks stories; Obama’s criminal failure to investigate and prosecute Bush administration war crimes; and why the “aiding the enemy” charge against Manning is especially egregious (and also applies to court-historian Bob Woodward).
• Listen to more interviews at The Scott Horton Show!
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)
• Nicolle Wallace, Former G.W. Bush White House Communications Director & gay marriage rights proponent
• Gary Bauer, President of American Values, who opposes same sex marriage.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml