Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
St. Patty's Day Special! If you do ONE THING today listen to
Freedom of the Press Foundation Publishes Leaked Audio of Bradley Manning’s Statement at PressFreedomFoundation.org. Then WATCH Daniel Ellsberg: In Hearing Bradley Manning Act Out of Conscience, Secret Tape Refutes Media Slander on Tuesday's DN! Henry Kissinger once called Ellsberg The Most Dangerous Man in America and Ellsberg is on fire saying in part, "That’s what I thought when I did it. I thought I was breaking a law that would put me in jail for the rest of my life, and indeed I was made those charges. And yet, in fact, what my lawyers discovered was that such a law had never been used to criminalize the release of such information. To this day, 60 years—40 years later, the Supreme Court has never ruled on that opinion. And the best judgment is that we have not passed a law that criminalized release of all classified information. Congress did pass such a law in 2000, and President Clinton vetoed it. Obviously, President Obama would not veto it now. Bill Keller is under the mistaken, stupid impression that it exists right now, so that the law was broken."
And at The Guardian Glenn Greenwald writes Finally: hear Bradley Manning in his own voice .....I'm personally unaware of who made the recording and am not aware of how it was made, but its authenticity has been verified. Last week, the superb independent journalist Alexa O'Brien, who has covered the proceedings from start to finish, created the best transcript she could of Manning's statement, which was published, among other places, in the Guardian. But this audio recording provides the first opportunity to hear Manning, in his own voice, explain his actions; that, presumably, is why whoever recorded Manning's statement risked violating the court-martial rules to do so. Earlier this morning, the FPF, along with the full audio, published a statement of why it chose to publish this along with some brief analysis. I'm posting below some of the most significant excerpts of Manning's statement.....
ALMOST GONE: Graham Nash and James Raymond composed the song “Almost Gone (The Ballad of Bradley Manning)” during this spring’s US tour of Crosby-Nash, and the new recording serves as the music bed for the video; it features an impassioned lead vocal by Nash, a two-time Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducted (Crosby, Stills & Nash, and The Hollies). “Bradley Manning is a hero to me,” he sings, acknowledging Manning’s role in making public videos and documents that shed light on such as issues as the true number and cause of civilian casualties in Iraq, human rights abuses by U.S.-funded contractors and foreign militaries, and the role that spying and bribes play in international diplomacy. You can watch it on UTOOB HERE.
NEXT Mirwais Harooni and Phil Stewart report for Reuters Afghanistan's Karzai blasts U.S., marring Hagel visit ..."Those bombs that went off in Kabul and Khost were not a show of force to America. They were in service of America. It was in the service of the 2014 slogan to warn us if they (Americans) are not here then Taliban will come," Karzai said in a speech. "In fact those bombs, set off yesterday in the name of the Taliban, were in the service of Americans to keep foreigners longer in Afghanistan." ...... Karzai has a history of making incendiary statements that exasperate Washington but the nature and awkward timing of his latest remarks about the United States were exceptional. He also alleged on Sunday that the Taliban and the United States had been holding talks in the Gulf Arab state of Qatar on a "daily basis," further fuelling his suggestion that Washington and the militants were working at common purposes. "I told the president that it was not true," Hagel said. "The fact is any prospect for peace or political settlements - that has to be led by the Afghans." The Taliban spokesman in Afghanistan, Zabihullah Mujahid, denied that negotiations with the United States had resumed. Karzai's government also alleged that U.S.-led forces and Afghans working with them were abusing and arresting university students. Karzai issued an executive order banning foreign troops from entering all education institutions. Hagel and Karzai were meant to have appeared together at a joint news conference on Sunday evening. But, in a reminder of the threats posed by the resilient insurgency, U.S. officials said it was canceled because of security concerns. ...... U.S. forces have denied involvement in any abuses. From DN Headlines March 11 Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel: "I told the president it was not true that the United States was unilaterally working with the Taliban in trying to negotiate anything. The fact is, any prospect for peace or political settlements, that has to be led by the Afghans." Notice how Reuters misses a huge part of the quote?
Here's some shocking news from an AP report on The Most Transparent Administration Ever™ courtesy Michael Krieger of Liberty Blitzkrieg blog via ZeroHedge Government Transparency Hits Record Low Surprise, surprise... the 'most transparent administration ever' is, well, the least transparent. Not that any of you are shocked by this revelation, but a new report by the Associated Press demonstrates just how secret our government and intelligence agencies have become. Not only did they claim “national security” over and over like a bunch of drunk parrots, they also claimed the need to protect “internal deliberations.” Specifically, the number of times the government withheld or censored reports in 2012 was 479,000 times, up 22% from 2011. The CIA denied 60% of requests, up from 49% in 2011. From the Associated Press:
- The AP examined more than 5,600 data elements measuring the administration’s performance on government transparency since Obama’s election. When the government withheld or censored records, it cited exceptions built into the law to avoid turning over materials more than 479,000 times, a roughly 22 percent increase over the previous year. In a year of intense public interest over deadly U.S. drones, the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, terror threats and more, the government cited national security to withhold information at least 5,223 times — a jump over 4,243 such cases in 2011 and 3,805 cases in Obama’s first year in office. The secretive CIA last year became even more secretive: Nearly 60 percent of 3,586 requests for files were withheld or censored for that reason last year, compared with 49 percent a year earlier. U.S. courts are loath to overrule the administration whenever it cites national security. A federal judge, Colleen McMahon of New York, in January ruled against The New York Times and the American Civil Liberties Union to see records about the government’s legal justification for drone attacks and other methods it has used to kill terrorism suspects overseas, including American citizens. She cited an “Alice in Wonderland” predicament in which she was expected to determine what information should be revealed but unable to challenge the government’s secrecy claim. Part of her ruling was sealed and made available only to the government’s lawyers.
Speaking of sunshine you should pick up a copy of The Covert Sphere at Cornell Press. In December 2010 the U.S. Embassy in Kabul acknowledged that it was providing major funding for thirteen episodes of Eagle Four—a new Afghani television melodrama based loosely on the blockbuster U.S. series 24. According to an embassy spokesperson, Eagle Four was part of a strategy aimed at transforming public suspicion of security forces into something like awed respect. Why would a wartime government spend valuable resources on a melodrama of covert operations? The answer, according to Timothy Melley, is not simply that fiction has real political effects but that, since the Cold War, fiction has become integral to the growth of national security as a concept and a transformation of democracy. In The Covert Sphere, Melley links this cultural shift to the birth of the national security state in 1947. Peter C. Baker had this review at The Nation about the author Suspicious Minds: On Timothy Melley .......If deniability has an author, Melley argues in The Covert Sphere, it is George Kennan, who in 1948 penned National Security Council directive NSC-10/2, the document that changed the CIA, then barely one year old, from a purely intelligence-gathering outfit into an agency charged with “propaganda, economic warfare, preventive direct action, including sabotage, anti-sabotage” and so on. Crucially, NSC-10/2 ordered that these operations be implemented in such a way that, if discovered, “the US Government can plausibly disclaim any responsibility.” More than sixty years later, the American covert sector is a thriving, many-tentacled monster of deniability funded by at least $75 billion per year, consisting of at least forty-five government agencies, 1,271 smaller government organizations and 1,391 private corporations. Thanks to the occasional revelation by investigative journalists or congressional committees, most Americans have a vague idea that the covert sector exists, that it has a great deal of power, and that it has in the past resorted to surveillance, kidnapping, torture and assassination in the name of protecting American interests. But what people know best about the covert sector is that it remains mostly unknowable by design: it lies, it keeps its past and future plans secret, it spreads misinformation both abroad and at home, and it shrouds its every move in a thick haze of overlapping cover stories and disavowals. It is the massive “known unknown” of American life, the supreme dysfunctional narrative, doing its business somewhere out of sight while we eat breakfast, or sleep, or read about it in the news without learning what it is. “Mistakes were made” implies a corollary, unspoken but I think widely felt: more mistakes are being made right now, and will remain unknown until long after the damage is done..... Read all of this review and then get the book! Good Items! And if you're not scared enough yet then watch Psywar at metanoia-films.org "If it is your desire to understand how we are manipulated into believing the things we do -- watch this film. Every American should see it...for the sake of our future." - Timothy Gatto, fmr Chairman, Liberal Party of America. WAIT you say! Aren't the Democrats the liberal party? Not so fast OBOTS! READ a Brief History and Platform of the Liberal Party
At Nation of Change Karl Grossman has this Op-Ed: The New Secretary of Unclean EnergyWith the nomination of Ernest Moniz to be the next U.S. secretary of Energy, President Barack Obama has selected a man who is not only a booster of nuclear power but a big proponent of fracking, too. What happened to Obama’s call for “clean” energy in his 2013 State of the Union address? Moniz, a physicist and director of the MIT Energy Initiative, heavily financed by energy industry giants including BP and Chevron, has long advocated nuclear power. He has continued arguing for it despite the multiple meltdowns at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant complex, maintaining that the disaster in Japan should not cause a stop in nuclear power development. Much more! Spooky scary!
FUKUSHIMA TWO YEARS ON: Read these great posts
- WashingtonsBlog 2 Year Anniversary of Fukushima: The Accident Is NOT Contained (lots of links!)
- Harvey Wasserman Fukushima is already harming our children
- Peter Symonds Two years after earthquake North eastern Japan still a disaster zone
- WashingtonsBlog Want to Reduce the Debt? Cut the Billions a Year In Nuclear Subsidies
- Human beings and the natural world are on a collision course. Human activities inflict harsh and often irreversible damage on the environment and on critical resources. If not checked, many of our current practices put at serious risk the future that we wish for human society and the plant and animal kingdoms, and may so alter the living world that it will be unable to sustain life in the manner that we know. Fundamental changes are urgent if we are to avoid the collision our present course will bring about.... WARNING we the undersigned, senior members of the world's scientific community, hereby warn all humanity of what lies ahead. A great change in our stewardship of the earth and the life on it, is required, if vast human misery is to be avoided and our global home on this planet is not to be irretrievably mutilated. World Scientists' Warning To Humanity
- ERNESTO SEMÁN: Yeah, I think that what Horacio Verbitsky wrote during these several years is he’s tried to uncover what is this kind of social conservatism, that you were trying to describe at the beginning of the program. It’s not—in terms of the discourse, it’s not the kind of Catholic conservatism that you’re going to find in the United States, with this emphasis on the individual salvation, on government crushing individual liberty and economic activity, and because it’s much more socially loaded. But the paradox—and I think that that’s the most important point of Horacio Verbitsky’s work—is how this same discourse, with a lot of emphasis on social justice and on equality, at the same time has worked to undermine the work who had tried to solve those same problems.
- Progressive Voices
- Free Speech Radio Network Free Speech Radio News is set to go off the air. We need your support now to keep this vital source of news on the air. Read more here about our progress in meeting this challenge. Please make a tax deductible donation now using our secure server.
- Scott Shane, national security reporter for The New York Times Anwar al-Awlaki: NYT Details How Obama Admin Justified & Carried Out the Killing of U.S.-Born Cleric
- Scott Shane & Jesselyn Radack, National Security & Human Rights director at the Government Accountability Project White House Changing Story on Anwar al-Awlaki? A Debate on NYT’s Inside Account of ’11 Drone Strike
- Aileen Mioko Smith, executive director of the Kyoto-based group, Green Action Fukushima Meltdown’s 2nd Anniversary Brings Protests Against Japan’s Reliance on Nuclear Power
- Leaked Bradley Manning tapes Bradley Manning Speaks: In Leaked Court Recording, Army Whistleblower Tells His Story for First Time The recording was released today by the group Freedom of the Press Foundation, a new organization that funds independent journalism organizations dedicated to transparency and accountability in government. The full recording is up on their website, the Freedom of the Press Foundation; it’s called Freedom of the Press Foundation Publishes Leaked Audio of Bradley Manning’s Statement at PressFreedomFoundation.org.
- Daniel Ellsberg Daniel Ellsberg: In Hearing Bradley Manning Act Out of Conscience, Secret Tape Refutes Media Slander
- Heather Barr, Afghanistan researcher at Human Rights Watch "This War is Continuing": As U.S. Prepares 2014 Pullout, No End in Sight to Afghan Occupation
- Jack Gillum of the Associated Press & Alexander Abdo, staff attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union’s National Security Project. After Vowing Greater Transparency, Obama Admin Increasingly Censoring, Withholding Info from Public
- Pardiss Kebriaei, senior staff attorney with Center for Constitutional Rights Over 100 Guantánamo Prisoners on Hunger Strike, Citing Threat of Return to "Darkest Days Under Bush" AND As Gitmo Prisoners Revolt, Obama Admin Challenged on Indefinite Detention at OAS Hearing with Kristine Huskey, director of the Anti-Torture Program for Physicians for Human Rights
- John Bonifaz, constitutional attorney & Mark Schmitt, senior fellow at the Roosevelt Institute Overturning Citizens United: Is a Constitutional Amendment the Best Path to Limit Dark Money?
- Roundtable discussion on the new Pope Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Argentina was picked Wednesday to become the first pope from Latin America and the first not to hail from Europe in more than 1,000 years. Bergoglio is viewed as a theological conservative who has staunchly opposed abortion, same-sex marriage and the ordination of women, but he has been praised for his devotion to the poor. Pope Francis: First Latin American, Jesuit Pope Picked to Head Church; Praised for Work with Poor with Tom Roberts, editor-at-large at the National Catholic Reporter; Pope Francis’ Junta Past: Argentine Journalist on New Pontiff’s Ties to Abduction of Jesuit Priests with Horacio Verbitsky, Argentine investigative journalist for the newspaper Página/12 ; A Social Conservative: Pope Francis Led Effort Against Liberation Theology and Same-Sex Marriage with Ernesto Seman, historian at New York University and former reporter for the Argentine newspapers, Página/12 and Clarín.
- Rim Turkmani, member of the Syrian Civil Democratic Alliance On Uprising’s Anniversary, a Syrian Opposition Voice Says Country is Victim of a Global Proxy War AND 2 Years After Invasion to Crush Uprising in Bahrain, Saudi Arabia Helps Fuel Conflict in Syria with freelance foreign correspondent Reese Erlich
- Zerlina Maxwell, political analyst and contributor to Ebony.com Teaching Men Not to Rape: Survivor Zerlina Maxwell Defies Threats After Speaking Out on Fox News
- Erin Saiz Hanna & Janice Sevre-Duszynska Pink Smoke at the Vatican: Women Demand a Voice in Catholic Church Led by "Old Celibate Men"
»»» FEATURED SHOW A Cure for Capitalism? Putting the Social Back in Socialism: Rick Wolff Employment's up, wealth's up, but the benefits of both are increasingly concentrated in the hands of a few. Welcome to capitalism, says GRITtv regular, Richard Wolff who suggests some alternatives, including "worker self-directed enterprises" if we want to democratize the economy, and US society.
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NASCAR on FOX NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Bristol Motor Speedway 1 pm et
»»» NBA on ABC SUNDAY! Knicks @ Clippers 3:30 pm
**** MLB OPENING DAY IN 15 DAYS! ****
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communi ties
- Lawmakers concerned about the health effects on humans from mountaintop removal coal mining set forth legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives today. Representatives Dennis Kucinich (OH), Louise Slaughter (NY), Maurice Hinchey (NY), Earl Blumenauer (OR), Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA), John Yarmuth (KY), Lynn Woolsey (CA), Judy Chu (CA), Raúl Grijalva (AZ), James Moran (VA), Michael Honda (CA), John Conyers (MI), and Keith Ellison (MN) introduced the Appalachian Communities Health Emergency (ACHE) Act H.R. 5959 which would place a moratorium on permitting for mountaintop removal coal mining until health studies are conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services. The ACHE coalition presently consists of participants from Coal River Mountain Watch, Mountain Health and Heritage Association, and Christians for the Mountains. “We encourage you, if you’re concerned about mountaintop removal’s effect on your community’s health, to join us in making your voice heard,” said Allen Johnson, executive director of Christians for the Mountains. “Please contact us, learn about the issue, and take action to protect your community.”
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Community Wealth Building in Action: The Cleveland Model Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar featuring David Cobb's Barnstorming Tour! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network UPDATE! From the Bradley Manning Support Network Audio recording of Bradley Manning’s statement leaked AND Update 3/11/13: Contra Bill Keller, Bradley Manning’s motives consistent from chat logs through plea statement
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
The essential guide for watching government propaganda!
THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will and Matthew Dowd; House Democratic Caucus Chair Rep. Xavier Becerra, D-Calif.; co-host of NPR's All Things Considered Audie Cornish; and former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina, chair of Good360.
• FOREIGN POLICY ROUNDTABLE: former Clinton Secretary of State Madeleine Albright; former Bush National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley; and former Joint Chiefs of Staff Vice Chair Gen. James Cartwright (USMC, Ret.).
• SPOTLIGHT: ABC News correspondent Bob Woodruff reflects on the 10-year anniversary of the beginning of the Iraq War.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Congressman Paul Ryan (R-WI)
• Reince Priebus, chairman of the Republican National Committee
• Democratic Senator of Minnesota, Amy Klobuchar
• ROUNDTABLE: Richard Haass, The Council on Foreign Relations President; Danielle Pletka of American Enterprise Institute, David Rhode of The Atlantic and David Sanger from The New York Times
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The American Nuns - One of the pressing problems newly elected Pope Francis may want to address is the disillusionment among American nuns. Many were shocked last year when the group that represents most of them was reprimanded by the Vatican, which said the nuns' liberal ideas were undermining the Church. Bob Simon reports. Tanya Simon and Andrew Metz are the producers
• The Innovator - Twitter creator Jack Dorsey tells Lara Logan about his brainstorm for the popular social medium, his separation and reunion with the company and his current venture, Square. Tom Anderson is the producer.
• Hit Man - John Veasey used to kill people for a living as a hit man in the Philadelphia Mob. Today, Veasey drives a church bus and attends weekly worship as a born-again Christian in a Middle American suburb. Has he really changed? Byron Pitts reports. Clem Taylor is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Chicago's Cardinal Francis George
• Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD)
• Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA)
• ROUNDTABLE: Host of MSNBC's "Hardball" Chris Matthews; former two-term Republican Governor who, in 2002, was appointed by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops to investigate the sex abuse scandals in the Church, Frank Keating (R-OK); author and former Lieutenant Governor of Maryland Kathleen Kennedy Townsend; and Republican Ana Navarro.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Republican Mike Rogers of Michigan
• Democrat Dutch Ruppersberger of Maryland
• Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI)
• Rep. Tom Cotton (R-AR)
• ROUNDTABLE: Al Cardenas of the American Conservative Union, Democratic Strategist KiKi McLean, Rep. Raul Grijalva of Arizona and a new face in the political world, Dr. Ben Carson.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRIDAY ON THE FRONT PORCH!!!!! Pull up a chair and a cold one! Listen NOW HERE!! Keep Bob on the air HERE ya hear? Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - March 14, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Dept. of Interior expands solar - again; Dept. of Energy expands nuclear - again; Just what is in that pope smoke?; PLUS: Sean (& Yoko) Lennon have a (fracking) message for NY's Governor ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Metaphor for US oil addiction: Huge fire as oil barge crashes into gas pipeline; Double-duty desalination plant generates energy, clean water; Ryan budget proposal cuts clean energy research, public lands; Are methane hydrates the next big energy source?; Deadly bat fungus spreads to 22 states; Elephants get trade protection; U.S. sailors sue TEPCO over Fukushima ... PLUS: Top 10 effects of global warming on U.S. businesses ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! O'Keefe Plays Victim, Downplays $100k Settlement With ACORN Worker In response, attorney of secretly-taped ACORN worker challenges him to a trial, and The BRAD BLOG invites O'Keefe (again) for an interview...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Holder Feigns 'Concern' About 'Too Big to Jail' Banks But the AG fails to enforce laws to do anything about them, as Sen. Elizabeth Warren raises hell during U.S. Senate hearing about lack of prosecution of blatantly criminal big banks...
• BRADCAST UPDATE! KPFK 'BradCast': Intvw with Attny of ACORN Worker Who Won $100k from O'Keefe Why he didn't sue Breitbart, Fox and other insights; PLUS: Scalia's Voting Rights Act hypocrisy and much more!...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Standard Podcast March 11, 2013 Former State Dept. Officer Peter van Buren on Squandered Billion$ in Iraq; Jeff Frazee of Young Americans for Liberty on Rand Paul’s Filibuster
• PBC Standard Podcast March 15, 2013 Brad Friedman Updates the Video Plot that Brought Down ACORN, as Vidiot O’Keefe Pays $100k to Victim
• PBC News & Comment March 12, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Dan Ellsberg Leaks Again!
• PBC News & Comment March 14, 2013PBC News & Comment: Tough Questions for New Pope About the Past
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern. David Bender returns to Ring of Fire this week to discuss the biggest stories that the traditional media missed.
• Ed Schultz will discuss the future of progressive media.
• Heidi Beirich from the Southern Poverty Law Center will talk to us about the rise in the number of Patriot Movements over the last year.
• John Nichols, Washington correspondent for The Nation, will tell us why we have to have a national recommitment to the labor movement.
• Attorney Robert Price will have the latest on a product that is disfiguring women across America.
• Former National Trial Lawyer President Mike Burg will tell us how civil lawsuits are helping to make Wall Street bankers accountable for their crimes.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Obama Will Undo The New Deal (VIDEO) President Obama’s willingness to compromise with Republicans could cause him to sign off on cuts to social safety net programs that have helped millions of Americans over the last 70 years. Mike Papantonio appears on The Big Picture with Thom Hartmann to talk about the disastrous cuts that could be on their way.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Sundays at NOON!
- Republicans in Washington refuse to raise taxes on their millionaire friends, so they’re pushing for across the board budget cuts. Professor Richard Wolff will tell us why right wing austerity measures are a complete failure.
- Attorney Kim Truongle will have the latest on a diabetes medication that is giving patients cancer.
- Journalist and author Alex Zaitchik will tell us about the conservative efforts to put Fox News’ propaganda in our children’s classrooms.
- Whistleblowers are the last line of defense between corrupt corporations and the American public, and attorney James Kauffman will join us for a discussion on how whistleblowers may save our democracy.
- And Wall Street CEOs might have escaped prison time for their crimes, but civil lawsuits are helping to make them accountable to the American public. We’ll bring you the latest on the efforts to make Wall Street pay, with attorney Mike Burg.
- Republicans in Washington refuse to raise taxes on their millionaire friends, so they’re pushing for across the board budget cuts. Professor Richard Wolff will tell us why right wing austerity measures are a complete failure.
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 3/11/13 Reza Aslan: Future of the Middle East & Baby Seder Is Named With Matt & Michael
• TUESDAY 3/12/13 Tina Dupuy, Special Guest Host!
• WEDNESDAY 3/13/13 Christopher Petrella: Inside The Private Prison Industry With Matt & Michael
• THURSDAY - NO SHOW! Sam's a Dad again!
• FRIDAY 3/15/13 Sam Returns! Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Isabel Gillies
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV PLUS here is Max Keiser’s official Facebook page And here is the official Keiser Report page
• The official Facebook pages for Max Keiser & Keiser Report STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead. Max Keiser & Keiser Report PLUS Stacey Herbert
• NSA Whistleblower Thomas Drake Chills Press by tradewithdave - In this video presentation, National Security Agency whistleblower and near-miss client of Correction Corp. of America speaks to the National Press Club on March 15th about the end of democracy and the rule of law as the surveillance state reigns. If the new executive branch standard of “This is not Dick (self-confessed 9/11 liar) Cheney we’re talking about here” for government secrecy is good enough for you, it’s good enough for the White House. Click HERE for Dave's post and the video!
• UBS, BofA, and JPMorgan Pocketed $474 Million As Detroit Descended Into Financial Chaos by maxkeiser - READ LIBOR Rigging & Complex Derivitives By UBS Contributed To Detroit’s Demise (mfi-miami.com)
• Jamie Dimon, instigator of America’s Kristallnacht by maxkeiser - READ Is it any wonder that a crypto currency like Bitcoin is now a half-billion-dollar currency that is growing exponentially .... When you read a sentence like, “The Obama administration is drawing up plans to give all US spy agencies full access to a massive database that contains financial data on American citizens and others who bank in the country,” the pieces begin to fall into place. Remember how last year we learned that hedge funds hire former and active CIA agents to do research (read: espionage) to give them an edge? Now, we understand that Eric Holder won’t investigate or prosecute bankers and private equity funds for fear it might destabilize the economy (read: he’s scared of them). The bottom line is that private equity and hedge funds – a massive, multi-trillion-dollar pool of unregulated, opaque capital controlled by corrupt insiders on Wall Street and Washington – have been given carte blanche to spy on people. That and, as was the case with JP Morgan and MF Global, steal money from customer accounts and use any information they glean to trade on inside information and manipulate markets with impunity.....
• Matt Taibbi Live Blogging From JPM Hearings… by maxkeiser - READ Live-Blogging the Senate Hearing on J.P. Morgan Chase and the Infamous ‘London Whale’ Episode (rollingstone.com)
• VIDEO Two yrs ago I told you the banksters were never going to stop and that they needed to be hung. For the people of Cyprus it’s too late.
• KEISER REPORT [KR417] Keiser Report: Walmart Prison We discuss ripple effects and sinkholes in the ‘just in time poverty’ model in which Walmart’s empty shelves could be turned into ‘Love Hotels’ for Japanese tourists. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to Gail ‘The Actuary’ Tverberg of OurFiniteWorld.com about peak credit and the sinkholes of ever increasing capital required to just maintain our economies.
• KEISER REPORT [KR418] Keiser Report: Banksters Smoke Bellybutton Lint We discuss the Wall Street clients who have no yachts and the American workers taking on second and third jobs. They also discuss the trillions in debt incurred just to keep the economy going nowhere. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to Steve Keen, author of Debunking Economics, about central bankers smoking their own belly button lint with Ben Bernanke behaving like an Easter Islander trying to rescue the past. Professor Keen says we need to get back to a capitalism where we borrow to build a factory not to build a derivative to rip someone off. And, finally, they discuss Keen’s Kickstarter project called Minsky (contribute here), reforming economics with visual monetary modeling.
• KEISER REPORT [KR419] Keiser Report: Financial Pearl-Harbor with Jim Rickards We ask why China fears currency war. They also look at Johnson & Johnson’s big loss on Venezuela’s currency devaluation and what this means in a currency war world where major devaluations can happen at any moment. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to Jim Rickards, author of Currency Wars, about which nations are winning the war.
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Greg Hunter An interview with Greg Hunter of USA Watchdog.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1269] The Truth About Markets – 09 March 2013 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday, excluding Thursday, from 12-2 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show 3/13/13 Stephen Zunes: Stephen Zunes, Professor of Politics and International Studies at the University of San Francisco, discusses his article “Remembering Those Responsible on the 10th Anniversary of the Iraq War;” the know-nothing US occupation staffers brought in to remake Iraqi society; how US foreign policy has radicalized a generation of Muslims and greatly increased the chance of another major terrorist attack; and the many Democrats who supported the Bush administration’s war effort.
Listen to more interviews at The Scott Horton Show!
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL)
• Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN)
• Matt Kibbe, President and CEO of FreedomWorks
• Steve LaTourette, Former U.S. Representative (R-Ohio)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml