Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Corporations Gone Wild Our BTV Kansas Desk Correspondent LJM observes "We humans are the most savage species." Fact is every corporation is run by humans. Yet the U.S. refuses to bring any of these humans to account when the corporations deliberately violate The Rule of Law and degrade everything from our environment to our food supply and the once-believed "settled law" of property ownership while making $BILLION$ on providing its citizens with "health care". Of course a category of corporations colloquially known as The Military-Industrial Complex stand to gain "market share" by dealing in war and death. News Editor at Antiwar.com Jason Ditz exclaims Kerry: US Won’t Hesitate to Attack Iran, saber-rattling that looks to aid those M-I-C's bottom line under the guise of "protecting America's Interests" also known as "furthering American Corporate profits through exploitation". Speaking today in Jerusalem, US Secretary of State John Kerry insisted that the Obama Administration would “not hesitate” to launch a military strike on Iran if it decides that diplomacy has failed in the ongoing dispute over Iran’s civilian nuclear program. “No option is off the table. No option will be taken off the table,” Kerry added, saying that the international desire for diplomacy would not be allowed to “stand in the way” of attacking Iran. The comments are the usual post-summit threats following weekend talks between the P5+1 and Iran, which ended when Iran offered a plan for a broad settlement. Israel has demanded that the US threaten to attack Iran within the next few weeks, or at most a month. Kerry’s pro-forma threats were quickly dismissed by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who insisted Israel would never trust the US or any other country to stop Iran, and would retain the option of attacking Iran themselves.
We go to IndianExpress.com Pak allowed US drone strikes in secret deal: Report for an NYT item by Mark Mazetti Nek Muhammad, a tribal warlord, knew he was being followed. On a hot day in June 2004, the Pashtun tribesman was speaking by satellite phone in a compound in South Waziristan. He asked one of his followers about the strange, metallic bird hovering above him. Less than 24 hours later, a missile tore through the compound, killing him and several others. A Pakistani military spokesman was quick to claim responsibility for the attack. That was a lie. Muhammad and his followers had been killed by the CIA, the first time it had deployed a Predator drone in Pakistan to carry out a "targeted killing." He was not a top operative of al-Qaeda, but a Pakistani ally of the Taliban who led a tribal rebellion and was marked by Pakistan as an enemy of the state. In a secret deal, the CIA had agreed to kill him in exchange for access to airspace it had long sought so it could use drones to hunt down its own enemies. That back-room bargain, described in detail for the first time in interviews with more than a dozen officials in Pakistan and the US, is critical to understanding the origins of a covert drone war that began under the Bush administration, was embraced and expanded by President Obama, and is now the subject of fierce debate. The deal, a month after a blistering internal report about abuses in the CIA's network of secret prisons, paved the way for the CIA to change its focus from capturing terrorists to killing them, and helped transform the agency into a paramilitary organisation. ...... As the battles raged in South Waziristan, the station chief in Islamabad paid a visit to Gen Ehsan ul Haq, the ISI chief, and made an offer: If the CIA killed Muhammad, would the ISI allow regular armed drone flights over the tribal areas? In secret negotiations, the terms of the bargain were set. Pakistani intelligence officials insisted that they be allowed to approve each drone strike, giving them tight control over the list of targets. And they insisted that drones fly only in narrow parts of the tribal areas — ensuring that they would not venture where Islamabad did not want the Americans going: Pakistan's nuclear facilities, and the mountain camps where Kashmiri militants were trained for attacks in India. Many more details at the link! For more we go to rediff.com Musharraf admits to deal with US on drone strikes Former President Pervez Musharraf has acknowledged his regime secretly cleared United States drone strikes, becoming the first serving or retired Pakistani official to publicly admit that the country had a deal on attacks by the CIA-operated spy planes. Musharraf said there was no blanket agreement with the US on the controversial drone campaign and that his regime had cleared missile strikes "only on very few occasions where the target was absolutely isolated and (the drone strike) had no chance of collateral damage". The drone strikes were discussed "at the military (and) intelligence level" and cleared only if "there was no time for our own (special operations task force) and military to act", he said. "That was...maybe two or three times only," he told CNN in an interview. Sometimes, he said, "you couldn't delay action". He added: "These ups and downs kept going...It was a very fluid situation, a vicious enemy...mountains, inaccessible areas". Musharraf said that one of those killed by US drones was Nek Mohammed, a tribal warlord accused of harbouring Al Qaeda militants in the tribal belt. At the time, in June 2004, Pakistan intelligence said Mohammed died after Pakistani forces launched a missile at a house where he was staying. Pakistani leaders have for long denied the country's involvement in clearing drone strikes. ....... Musharraf's admission suggests he and others did play some role even if they did not oversee the programme or approve every attack, CNN reported. ......
BTV Correspondent JEN offers Dave Lindorff at ThisCantBeHappening.net
Chase Down Mega Rich Tax Cheats and Recover the Offshore Trillion$ I mean it. Stop talking about cutting school budgets, Social Security benefits, Medicare, Veteran’s pensions. Stop cutting subsidies to transit systems, to foreign aid. Stop cutting unemployment benefits. Stop it all. There can not be any justification for budget cutting while wealthy criminals, corrupt politicians and business executives are hiding what reportedly totals between $29 trillion and $32 trillion in offshore tax havens. A massive data dump by the Washington-based International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ), working in conjunction with dozens of news organizations around the globe, has exposed the secret files of over 120,000 dummy offshore companies that have been used for years to hide the wealth -- much of it ill-gotten, all of it tax-dodged -- of the world’s rich and mega-rich. Before we go further, let’s think about those numbers, which are really mind-boggling..... If this country were an honest and genuine democracy, Congress would be up in arms today about the news of all this hidden money, and would be setting up hearings even as you’re reading this article to investigate how it happened and how to recover it. There would be loud, impassioned calls for the Justice Department, the SEC and the IRS to launch massive legal probes to arrest and convict the crooks and to bring back the money. Have you seen any of this happening? Have you heard any such calls for action from Congress? No. The New York Times, the nation’s supposed leading newspaper, relegated its news report on the ICIJ documents exposing this crime of the millennium to an inside page and a few columns on Friday and focused on how scared and embarrassed it was making some rich people. Most Americans probably don’t even know what has been discovered, or even understand what a trillion dollars is. ....... Read all of this!
And BTV correspondent MADDY has this Health Care: The New American Sadism by Charles Simic You may have already read or heard about Steven Brill’s excellent, long article in Time magazine, called “Bitter Pill: Why Medical Bills Are Killing Us.” If you think it doesn’t concern you, don’t be so sure. Brill documents how a trip to the emergency room for chest pains that turn out to be indigestion can exceed the cost of a semester of college, how simple lab work done during a few days in a hospital can be more expensive than a new car, and how a drug that requires $300 to make and that the manufacturer sells to a hospital for $3,000–3,500, can cost the patient to whom it is prescribed $13,702. He looks closely at the outrageous prices on itemized hospital bills and finds that individual services listed on them have been priced at double and triple what those same services cost separately—for reasons neither the patient understands nor the hospital can explain. And he recounts the horror stories of people reduced to penury after a brief hospital stay, even though they had some health insurance, money in the bank, and suffered from only minor ailments. Put simply, Brill says, these bills tell us there’s no free market in our healthcare system, that hospitals set their rates knowing that someone in pain or in fear for his or her life is not going to ask to see the price list first before agreeing to some test or treatment. It’s no wonder that 60 percent of our fellow Americans who file for personal bankruptcy each year do so because of medical costs.......That may sound harsh. But Brill’s article makes one comprehend not just the talk in Washington about the supposed absolute necessity of replacing Medicare and Medicaid with “market-oriented” health care, but also the full human cost such a change would bring. If the elderly and the poor are stripped of the few protections these government programs give them, they’ll be left at the mercy of a medical industry and insurance companies whose already huge profits, so they imagine, will then get even bigger. Despite the claims that these are high-minded proposals that will fix our national debt, and despite their veneration as such by the political establishment and the media, what is being offered to the American people is nothing more than thinly-disguised money-making scams......This is the new face of American sadism: the unconcealed burst of joy at the thought that pain is going to be inflicted on someone weak and helpless. Its viciousness, I believe, is symptomatic of the way our society is changing. Everything from the healthcare industry, payday loans, and for-profit prisons to the trading in so-called derivatives, privatization of public education, outsourcing of jobs, war profiteering, and hundreds of other ongoing rackets all have that same predatory quality. It’s as if this were not their own country, but some place they’ve invaded in order to loot its wealth and fleece its population without caring what happens to that population tomorrow. The only interest these profit-seekers have in us is as cheap labor, cannon fodder for wars, and suckers to be parted with our money. If we ever have a police state here, I’ve been thinking, it won’t be because we’ve become fascists overnight, but because rounding up people and locking them up will be seen as just another way to get rich. If the hell that Jonathan Edwards and other Puritan divines described in such gruesome and graphic detail is still up and running, I hope that’s where many of them are headed for.
Next at Washingtonsblog.com we find this Guest Post by Eric Zuesse Obamacare Already Starts Collapsing Into Medical-Industry Feeding Frenzy Part of the Obama Administration’s promise to the American people regarding Obamacare was that the enormous waste in America’s medical expenses would be reduced. The reversal of that promise has already begun, with the Administration’s announcement on April 1st, that is will increase instead of (as had been promised) decrease, taxpayer subsidies to private health insurance companies. ...... On 14 March 2012, the Journal of the American Medical Association, headlined “Eliminating Waste in US Health Care,” and estimated that the waste amounted to somewhere between 21% and 47% of the total U.S. medical expenses, mixed public and private. One of the most wasteful parts of the entire system now is Medicare Part D “Advantage” private supplemental insurance plans, which are heavily subsidized by U.S. taxpayers, and yet, on average, still are costlier to Medicare recipients than is the government-run Part B program. ..... Part D, including “Advantage,” was sold by President George W. Bush to Congress on the basis of the President’s estimate that it would add “only” $395 billion to the deficit during its first ten years. Douglas Holtz-Eakin, who had previously been the head of Bush’s Council of Economic Advisors, was now the head of the Congressional Budget Office, and on 20 November 2003, right before the crucial House vote, he wrote to Congress, “CBO estimates that enacting the legislation would result in direct spending outlays totaling $395 billion.” This figure was crucial, because opponents had already said that any such legislation which would cost more than $400 billion (these were ten-year estimates, 2004-2013) would be unacceptable. Two months after the legislation was passed, the White House Budget Director revised that cost-estimate upward to the range of $534-$551 billion. Then, on 11 March 2004, Tony Pugh of Knight Ridder Newspapers headlined “Bush Administration Ordered Medicare Plan Cost Estimates Withheld,” and he opened: “The government’s top expert on Medicare costs [Richard S. Foster] was warned that he would be fired if he told key lawmakers about a series of Bush administration cost estimates that could have torpedoed congressional passage of the White House-backed Medicare prescription-drug plan.” On 2 April 2004, the Los Angeles Times headlined “Medicare Secrecy Inquiry Is Silenced: House Republicans stop Democrats from delving further into why the prescription drug bill’s true cost estimates were kept from Congress.” On 9 February 2005, the White House re-estimated what this legislation would cost the federal Government over ten years: $720 billion. That’s $320 billion more than congressmen had been promised when they voted to pass the legislation. (Almost no Democrats voted to pass it, but Republicans needed this cover from the Administration – “only $395 billion” – so that they could justify this program when speaking about it to their constituents.)
So, now with a Democratic President, on a 15 February 2013 Friday night news dump, the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) announced a 2.3% reduction in subsidies to insurers who provide plans under Part D. This was supposed to be part of the cost-efficiencies in Obamacare, and an important part of the projected reductions in the growth of the federal debt. But then, after lots of lobbying by those insurers, CMS reversed itself on April 1st, and said that instead those subsidies would increase 3.3%. Reuters headlined on April 2nd, “In Reversal, US to Raise Medicare Advantage Payment Rate,” and announced, “In a reversal that followed intense lobbying from the health insurance industry,” the CMS “said on Monday it will increase the rate by 3.3 percent in 2014, reversing a 2.3 percent cut announced in February.” The many “free market” fans of increasing this Republican federal subsidy to big businesses were applauding. At fool.com, Sean Williams bannered “The Insurance Industry Shows Obamacare Who’s Boss,” and exulted “The insurance industry effectively dictated itself a raise.” He pointed out that Humana, Universal American, UnitedHealth, and Health Net, “generate 63.5%, 75%, 25%, and 25%, respectively, of their revenue from Medicare Advantage.” He didn’t note, however, that this “revenue” comes from enormous subsidies that are paid by U.S. taxpayers to those companies. CNN headlined on April 2nd, “Health Insurance Stocks Surge on Medicare Rate Hike,” and reported that all insurers jumped at least 4%, and “Humana, which has the greatest exposure to Medicare Advantage, jumped nearly 10%.”
In light of the death of Venezuela's Hugo Chavez and the ensuing election, Milton Friedman's "petri dish" economic "free market by force" as outlined in John Perkins' Confessions of an Economic Hit Man (COEHM) and the cancer of austerity it has bred and spread as outlined in Naomi Klein's SHOCK DOCTRINE is already hitting not just the PIIGS (Portugal, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Spain) but now Great Britain and the U.S. as we speak. At the core of some of the most brutal conflicts in South and Central America back in the 1970's was the U.S.'s Secretary of State Henry Kissinger. Julian Assange and the wikileaks crew have now released a searchable database of previously disparate docs.
WIKILEAKS - THE KISSINGER FILES - 1.7 MILLION DOCUMENTS 1973-1976 The WIKILEAKS Public Library of US Diplomacy (PlusD) holds the world's largest searchable collection of United States confidential, or formerly confidential, diplomatic communications. As of April 8, 2013 it holds 2 million records comprising approximately 1 billion words. The collection covers US involvements in, and diplomatic or intelligence reporting on, every country on earth. It is the single most significant body of geopolitical material ever published. The PlusD collection, built and curated by WikiLeaks, is updated from a variety of sources, including leaks, documents released under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and documents released by the US State Department systematic declassification review. We are also preparing the processed PlusD collection for standalone distribution. If you are interested in obtaining a copy, please email: [email protected] and put 'Request' in the subject line. If you have unclassified or declassified US diplomatic documents to add to the PlusD collection please contact: [email protected] and put 'Submission' in the subject line. Please note that for inclusion in the PlusD Library we are generally unable to consider submissions of less than 1,000 documents at a time.
Included in the collection are:
- The Kissinger Cables
- Preparing the Kissinger Cables for the WikiLeaks Public Library of US Diplomacy
- Preparing Cablegate for the WikiLeaks Public Library of US Diplomacy
- Workers are wearing protective suits at night because they are spraying toxic dispersants. We also have independent reports from multiple residents that workers are spraying something, but only at night. They also report that the smell is different and more intense while this is happening.
- Exxon is knowingly exposing its workers to carcinogenic and teratogenic compounds, without their full knowledge or consent, in order to create a media fiction in which this spill is minor enough to not even require full hazmat gear.
- Kristinn Hrafnsson, WikiLeaks spokesperson. "The Kissinger Cables": Three Years After "Collateral Murder," WikiLeaks Explores U.S. Diplomacys
- Birgitta Jonsdottir, member of the Icelandic Parliament Icelandic Lawmaker Birgitta Jónsdóttir on Challenging Gov’t Secrecy from Twitter to Bradley Manning
- Tariq Ali, British-Pakistani political commentator Margaret Thatcher (1925-2013): Tariq Ali on Late British PM’s Legacy from Austerity to Apartheid
- "Pete", is an undercover animal rights investigator Undercover Activist Details Secret Filming of Animal Abuse & Why "Ag-Gag" Laws May Force Him to Stop
- Emily Meredith, communications director for the Animal Agriculture Alliance & Will Potter, freelance reporter Debate: After Activists Covertly Expose Animal Cruelty, Should They Be Targeted With "Ag-Gag" Laws?
- NYT’s Mark Mazzetti The Way of the Knife: NYT’s Mark Mazzetti on the CIA’s Post-9/11 Move from Spying to Assassinations
- Amira Hass, Haaretz correspondent for the occupied Palestinian territories Israeli Journalist Amira Hass Sparks Furor at Home for Defending Palestinian Right to Resist
- "Rally for Citizenship" Wednesday in Washington, D.C. Rally for Citizenship: Tens of Thousands Flood Capitol Hill in Massive Call for Humane Reform
- Juan González Juan González: Immigration Debate "A Battle Over What America Will Look Like in 21st Century"
- Sharif Kouddous & Lina Attalah Sharif Kouddous & Lina Attalah on Egypt’s Media, Sectarianism & State Violence from Mubarak to Morsi
- Bishop Thomas Gumbleton Bishop Thomas Gumbleton Speaks Out For Sexual Abuse Victims; Reflects on Lifetime of Activism As newly elected Pope Francis orders the Vatican to act more decisively on sexual abuse cases, we speak to retired Bishop Thomas Gumbleton of Detroit.
»»» FEATURED SHOW The New Face of Healthcare: Drone Doctors? While problems with machines might be a surprise to industry executives -- and the New York Times -- nurses have long been aware of the downsides for quality care and human healthcare employment. more....
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NBA on ABC SUNDAY Bulls @ Heat 1 pm et
»»» NBA on TNT TUESDAY Doubleheader! Pacers @ Celtics 8 pm et then Blazers @ Clippers 10:30 pm et
»»» SUNDAY BASEBALL on TBS Rays @ Red Sox 1:35 pm et
»»» SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Orioles @ Yankees 8 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communi ties
- Lawmakers concerned about the health effects on humans from mountaintop removal coal mining set forth legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives today. Representatives Dennis Kucinich (OH), Louise Slaughter (NY), Maurice Hinchey (NY), Earl Blumenauer (OR), Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA), John Yarmuth (KY), Lynn Woolsey (CA), Judy Chu (CA), Raúl Grijalva (AZ), James Moran (VA), Michael Honda (CA), John Conyers (MI), and Keith Ellison (MN) introduced the Appalachian Communities Health Emergency (ACHE) Act H.R. 5959 which would place a moratorium on permitting for mountaintop removal coal mining until health studies are conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services. The ACHE coalition presently consists of participants from Coal River Mountain Watch, Mountain Health and Heritage Association, and Christians for the Mountains. “We encourage you, if you’re concerned about mountaintop removal’s effect on your community’s health, to join us in making your voice heard,” said Allen Johnson, executive director of Christians for the Mountains. “Please contact us, learn about the issue, and take action to protect your community.”
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Community Wealth Building in Action: The Cleveland Model Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Meet the New CISPA. Same as the Old CISPA. Last year, thanks to a public outcry, the effort to pass overreaching cybersecurity legislation stalled in the Senate. Now supporters have reintroduced the House version of that legislation — the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA). The “new” version is in fact identical to the original CISPA — and poses the same threat to our digital civil liberties. If CISPA becomes law, it will be a major blow to our online privacy. But more than that, CISPA’s passage would have a chilling effect on our freedom to connect online. We won’t feel as free to state unpopular opinions, or to speak truth to power, if we know that Big Brother could get a feed of everything we say and do. This is not what the free and open Internet is about. We must tell Congress: Vote NO on CISPA and bury this bill for good.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network UPDATE! From the Bradley Manning Support Network Update 4/13/13: Bradley has done more for peace than Obama. It is time for the government to make a deal The LA Times argues that the recent ruling in favor of the defense offers the government an exit: it is time to make a deal. And Ron Paul states that Bradley Manning has done more for peace than Obama. Read more... AND Bradley Manning hearing, 4/10/13: partial victory for defense, new media restrictions April 10, 2013. By Nathan Fuller. Judge Lind denied one government motion and one defense motion in Bradley Manning's pretrial hearing today. The government will be allowed to bring a classified witness to testify, but it won't be allowed to lower its burden of proof regarding "aiding the enemy." Court is now in recess until a closed May 7-8 session, and then for an open session May 21-24.Read more....
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
The essential guide for watching government propaganda!
THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla
• Sen. Charles Schumer, D, N.Y.
• Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala.
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News’ George Will; House Judiciary Committee chair Rep. Bob Goodlatte, R-Va.; Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill.; Washington Post Columnist Ruth Marcus; and Wall Street Journal Columnist Kimberley Strassel.
• Sunday Spotlight: legendary New York Yankees’ closer Mariano Rivera and Yankees slugger Robinson Cano
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Pat Toomey, R-Penn.
• Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.V.
• Mark Kelly, the husband of former Rep. Gabby Giffords, R-Ariz.
• Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla.
• ROUNDTABLE: The Washington Post's David Ignatius; The New York Times' David Sanger; Cook Political Report's Amy Walter; CBS News Political Director John Dickerson
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Warlord - Lara Logan joins African soldiers and their U.S. military advisors as they search for Joseph Kony, the world's most wanted warlord known for abducting children to fight in his marauding army. Peter Klein and Jeff Newton are the producers.
• The Knuckleballer- R.A. Dickey is the only major leaguer throwing the knuckleball these days and the only knuckleballer ever to win the Cy Young Award for best pitcher. Lesley Stahl reports. Richard Bonin is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)
• GOP Senator Mike Lee of Utah
• New York Democratic Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
• ROUNDTABLE: Senators Gillibrand and Lee join a discussion with the BBC’s Katty Kay, New York Times Columnist David Brooks, and NBC News Political Director Chuck Todd
• Learning from Jackie Robinson - filmmaker Ken Burns and Jackie Robinson’s wife, Rachel Robinson
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Senator John McCain (R-AZ)
• Senator Pat Toomey (R-PA)
• Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV)
• Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL)
• ROUNDTABLE: Democratic Strategist Donna Brazile, Republican Strategist Ana Navarro and the Wall Street Journal’s Washington Bureau Chief Gerald Seib
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!!!!! Pull up a chair and a cold one! Listen NOW HERE!! Keep Bob on the air HERE ya hear? Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - April 11, 2013 With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen... IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Profits vs. People at Obama's EPA confirmation hearing; Victory for the people in the federal fracking wars; GAO says nuke evacuation plans inadequate; Climate change is coming for your wine; PLUS: Environmental groups push back against Big Oil with hysterical ads ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Solar panels could destroy U.S. utilities, according to U.S. utilities; Wind Energy Record in California, equal to 2 nuke plants; Obama Budget Drains Tax Breaks For Big Oil; Keystone XL using old, badly welded pipelines?; Rep. Joe Barton Says Biblical 'Great Flood' Proves Climate Change Not Man Made; Tea Party Leader arrest after Agenda 21 threats; 85% of tax experts support a carbon tax; Climate change's big tax on Americans; Nike: betting against climate scientists is 'false hope' ... PLUS: Video: Sen. Bernie Sanders' call for climate action is full of awesome ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADCAST UPDATE! Obama's Illegal Fracking Lease; Gingrich's Election Fraud: KPFK 'BradCast' Attorney who won first-of-its-kind challenge to federal land lease oil fracking deal joins Brad to discuss victory, what happens next...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Newt 2012 Campaign Worker 'Guilty' of Election Fraud Gingrich Presidential campaign worker pleads guilty to felonies in failed bid to put Newt on VA's 2012 GOP primary ballot; 'More arrests' may come, say prosecutors...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! VIDEO! AR Tar Sands Oil Spill a Bargain for ExxonMobil Yes, it pays for the world's most profitable corporation to repeatedly violate federal law, as Rachel Maddow explains...
• BRADCAST UPDATE! Desi AND Brad Guest Host 'The Young Turks' It wasn't planned that way, but it happened, at the last minute...and it was a lot of fun. Check out a few short video clips on knives, guns, Rand Paul, Obama, Social Security & more...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Standard Podcast April 9, 2013 Wide-ranging Conversations with Two Ex-Pats: Journalist Frank Viviano and Activist Jeff Halper
• PBC Standard Podcast April 10, 2013 Filmmaker Jean Phillippe Tremblay on “Shadows of Liberty”, Important New Documentary About Failings of US Media
• PBC News & Comment April 10, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Obama’s Gratuitous Giveaway on Social Security
• PBC News & Comment April 11, 2013PBC News & Comment: 22-foot Gash in Leaky Pipeline in Arkansas
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• Author Thomas Frank will be joining us to tell us why Hollywood consistently gets it wrong when it comes to depicting what really happens in Washington, D.C.
• Bill French from the National Security Network will be joining us to discuss the realities of the threats posed by North Korea.
• David Callahan, a senior fellow at Demos.org, will tell us how the super wealthy are able to control our democracy.
• And John Amato, founder and editor of the Crooks and Liars blog, will be here to talk about the trillions of dollars being funneled through offshore tax havens.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Sundays at NOON!
- American citizens are painfully ignorant about the majority of issues that affect our day-to-day lives. Ring of Fire co-host Sam Seder will join us to discuss whether Americans are actually too stupid for democracy.
- Corporate America is trying to sell us the idea that government regulations are killing our economy. Will be exposing all of the myths of the anti- regulation talking points with attorney James Kauffman.
- Republicans have devised a new strategy to make disastrous changes to America’s political landscape, and Howard Nations and Mike Burg will join us for a discussion on that issue.
- And a proposed trade deal could give American corporations more power than our federal government – attorney Joe Cotchett will have the details.
- American citizens are painfully ignorant about the majority of issues that affect our day-to-day lives. Ring of Fire co-host Sam Seder will join us to discuss whether Americans are actually too stupid for democracy.
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 4/8/13 Tim Shorrock: Obama's Crackdown on Whistleblowers
• TUESDAY 4/9/13 Matt & Michael: The Thatcher Legacy & The Grand Betrayal
• WEDNESDAY 4/10/13 Mark Blyth: Austerity: The History of a Dangerous Idea
• THURSDAY 4/11/13 Samhita Mukhopadhyay: Fast Food Strike & More, Matt & Michael Host
• FRIDAY 4/12/13 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & David Cross
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
• Winner Takes All: The Super-priority Status of Derivatives [Ellen Brown] by Ellen Brown
•Max Keiser in a MMA cage fight event fighting Jamie Dimon? by maxkeiser - UPDATE: “That would be brilliant I doubt they got balls to show up though….. maybe we can get some lookalikes that you can beat the crap out of. There is a show on the 4th May at the Troxy on comercial road just round the corner of HSBC.” Hello Max, My name is Patrick Carroll [...]
• US Mint Sells Nearly 1 Million Silver Eagles Monday, Begins Rationing Sales! by The Doc - The US Mint has updated April sales statistics for the first time since last week, and to no surprise, the Mint again reported more massive sales, with another 833,000 silver eagles reported sold Monday! The April total through 6 business days is now 1.645 million ounces, bringing the 2013 total to a massive 15.868 million ounces. In response to the continued massive demand for silver eagles, the mint also has begun rationing sales of silver eagles to primary dealers resulting in supply delays! Just as was seen in January, tight physical supplies have seen premiums on ASE’s skyrocketing over the weekend and early this week, as ASE’s are rapidly becoming as scarce as 90%! Click here for more on the USMint’s Silver Eagle shortage.
• Gold sells off on fears that bankrupt European nations will be forced to sell their gold reserves by stacyherbert - Stacy Summary: While the ten tons to be sold by Cyprus is a blip in the gold ocean, apparently, some investors fear that the likes of Italy, Portugal and Spain will be forced to dump tons of gold on the market to satisfy the IMF, EU and ECB. I doubt very much Italy would sell any of its gold and would exit the euro before doing so. The same for Portugal, I assume. READ Cyprus sell-off fears send gold price tumbling (guardian.co.uk)
• NEW! The FIRST Issue of The Real Asset Report by stacyherbert - Stacy Summary: Lots of fun and interesting data, analysis, opinion and chart porn on gold, silver, bitcoin, currency wars, interviews with Jim Rickards, Max Keiser and more. I love the twitter account showdown idea (see below)! How funny, especially that Max is most active on Twitter on Monday at 1pm?!
• KEISER REPORT [KR429] Keiser Report: Yobbish Lifestyles of Financial Arsonists We ask whether taxpayers have been subsidizing the yobbish lifestyles of bankers and financial arsonists. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to Reggie Middleton of BoomBustBlog.com about fraud and collapse at the heart of what remains of the Irish banking system.
• KEISER REPORT [KR430] Keiser Report: Myths of Margaret Thatcher We explore the myth that Margaret Thatcher “saved Britain.” Max suggests she gave the population a British dream of “striving to mature before your debts do.” They look at North Sea oil production, and wonder how big a UK sovereign wealth fund would be today if Thatcher had saved any of the country’s oil wealth. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to Jan Skoyles of The Real Asset Company about Bitcoin: Is she bit-curious or bit-con? They also discuss her report released today which asks, who is buying gold? Brazil, Paraguay, China are stacking bail-ins with the people’s money in the bank.
• KEISER REPORT [KR431] Keiser Report: Bitcoin Bubble Buzz We discuss the Old Lady’s gold habit, the gold that may be leaving Cyprus’ central bank (or not) and Confucius’ famous saying: “IMF STUPID SELL TO GOLD, I’M BUYING.” They also look at the Federal Reserve data accidentally sent to Wall Street bank lobbyists and the venture capitalists entering the new Land Grab. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to James Turk of Goldmoney.com about money, gold, bitcoin, currency wars and the nature of bank failures: to look good until the bank fails overnight. They also discuss Austrian school theories on money and how they relate to gold and to bitcoin.
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Greg Hunter An interview with Greg Hunter of USA Watchdog.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1273] The Truth About the Currency Backed By War and Disease Stacy Summary: This week they discuss the Mt.Gox crash and bitcoin; the massive gold and silver sell-offs and Margaret Thatcher’s death. Download show HERE (mp3) • Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday, excluding Thursday, from 12-2 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show 4/12/13 M.J. Rosenberg: M.J. Rosenberg, a special correspondent for The Washington Spectator, discusses his article on the history of Israel’s bad-faith negotiating with the US and PLO, and the responses of US administrations from Carter to Obama.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL)
• Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL)
• Senator John Cornyn (R-TX)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml