Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
NO MO KXL All signs are pointing to The Obomber Administration allowing the Keystone XL pipeline to be built, despite public outcry, the disastrous safety record of the carbon extraction industries and the stacked courts allowing them to do pretty much anything to the environment every time a lawsuit comes up about their pollution and negligence (think Exxon Valdez and BP Deepwater Horizon). Now comes yet another EXXON MOBIL SPILL: At Mother Jones Kate Sheppard asks Why Won't Exxon Come Clean on the Arkansas Oil Spill Details? UPDATE: Apparently Exxon is using Craigslist to hire cleanup workers. "Need 40 HR Hazmat trained laborers. Emergency cleanup of oil," requests this ad posted on the Little Rock site on Monday morning. An ExxonMobil pipeline broke on Friday evening, dumping thousands of gallons of tar sands oil in Mayflower, Arkansas. The Pegasus pipeline starts in Illinois and carries 95,000-barrels of oil per day from Alberta's tar sands to refineries in Texas....... Meanwhile, an eagle-eyed tipster points out to Mother Jones that the company that provided the fuzzy map of where the oil spilled posted on the response site is the Center for Toxicology and Environmental Health, or CTEH, a contractor that has been criticized in the past for using bad data and a "long pattern of tainted results" in its environmental analysis. Based in Little Rock, the company also contracted with BP to test workers during the Gulf spill, prompting others in the field to complain that the company's results were often skewed to favor whatever company had hired them. "They're paid to say everything's OK," a toxicologist told Greenwire at the time. Here's CTEH's less-than-helpful map of the spill: ...... Here are some PIX at arkansasonline.com: Gallery: Mayflower Oil Spill and here is the InsideClimateNews article Kate Sheppard links to Exxon Confirms Ruptured Pipeline in Ark. Carried Canadian Dilbit. "Dilbit" is not crude oil but "Diluted Bitumen". We go to Susie Madrak at CrooksAndLiars.com Exxon Off The Hook For Paying Into Cleanup Fund. Guess Why. Isn't this just perfect: Exxon won't have to pay into the cleanup fund for their pipeline spill -- because under the regulations, tar sands crude isn't classified as oil! And of course, the same regulation applies to the Keystone XL pipeline, too. Ryan Koronowski - THINKPROGRESS
- A technicality has spared Exxon from having to pay any money into the fund that will be covering most of the clean up costs of its Arkansas pipeline spill. The cleanup efforts themselves took a sobering turn as crews found injured and dead ducks covered in oil. The environmental impacts of an oil spill in central Arkansas began to come into focus Monday as officials said a couple of dead ducks and 10 live oily birds were found after an ExxonMobil Corp. pipeline ruptured last week. “I’m an animal lover, a wildlife lover, as probably most of the people here are,” Faulkner County Judge Allen Dodson told reporters. ”We don’t like to see that. No one does.” Exxon has confirmed that the pipeline was carrying “low-quality Wabasca Heavy crude oil from Alberta.” This oil comes from the region of Alberta where the controversial tar sands are located. Heavy crude is strip mined or boiled loose from dense underground formations that often contain a large amount of bitumen. This oil is very thick and needs to be diluted with lighter fluids in order to flow through pipelines. Reports have stated that at least 12,000 barrels of oil and water spilled into the town. A 1980 law ensures that diluted bitumen is not classified as oil, and companies transporting it in pipelines do not have to pay into the federal Oil Spill Liability Trust Fund. Other conventional crude producers pay 8 cents a barrel to ensure the fund has resources to help clean up some of the 54,000 barrels of pipeline oil that spilled 364 times last year. As Oil Change International said in a statement today: “The great irony of this tragic spill in Arkansas is that the transport of tar sands oil through pipelines in the US is exempt from payments into the Oil Spill Liability Trust Fund. Exxon, like all companies shipping toxic tar sands, doesn’t have to pay into the fund that will cover most of the clean up costs for the pipeline’s inevitable spills.” Whatever you call it, as Judge Dodson says, “Crude oil is crude oil. None of it is real good to touch.”The smell of the spilled oil (similar to asphalt) has reached residents five miles out in the country, and will likely keep residents of 22 nearby homes evacuated for several days.
Martin Luther King wore his comfortable shoes 45 years ago on April 4th 1968. And he was shot dead that night. At Alternet Adele Stan asks 45 Years After MLK Assassination, What Have We Learned?
Watch The Big Picture Full Show 4/4/13: King's Assassin's Return? including excerpts from King's speech in Memphis April 3, 1968 prior to the Memphis strike march. And see DN! below for more of Dr. King's speech. Rev. Jesse Jackson also remembers 45 years after King, struggle goes on at FreePress.org. And in recognizing Dr. King's work with unions and facing their own work issues Fast food workers plan surprise strike in New York City. Josh Eidelson writes for Salon Updated, 12:11 p.m.: The Fast Food Forward campaign says hundreds of workers are now out on strike, and that they are on track to have 400 strikers, from about 70 stores, by the end of the day. At least one store was unable to open for lack of employees this morning. Local politicians, including at least three mayoral candidates – City Council Speaker Christine Quinn, Comptroller John Liu, and Public Advocate Bill de Blasio – are expected to rally with the fast food workers. Striking workers are currently converging at a Wendy’s in Midtown Manhattan, a Wendy’s in Brooklyn, and a Burger King in Harlem. At 5:30 PM, strikers and supporters will gather in Harlem’s Marcus Garvey Park and march to a McDonald’s store for the day’s largest event. Asked for comment on the strike, spokespeople for McDonald’s and the National Restaurant Association referred Salon to their statements from yesterday. In an e-mailed statement, de Blasio said, “Fast Food Forward is fighting for solutions for working people right here and now, and it deserves the support of all New Yorkers.” ...... More! And follow them on Das Buuk New York Communities for Change's Fast Food Forward. And related info at Basic Earth Income Network MISSION STATEMENT: Founded in 1986, the Basic Income European Network (BIEN) aims to serve as a link between individuals and groups committed to, or interested in, basic income, i.e. an income unconditionally granted to all on an individual basis, without means test or work requirement, and to foster informed discussion on this topic throughout Europe. It expanded its scope from European to the Earth in 2004. It is an international network that serves as a link between individuals and groups committed to or interested in basic income, and fosters informed discussion of the topic throughout the world.
The Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund is fighting corporate personhood and fracking! See The Big Picture from Thursday A New Civil Rights Movement: Liberating Our Communities from Corporate Control Thomas Linzey, Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund (CELDF) joins Thom Hartmann. Towns across Pennsylvania are fighting back against corporate power. Good item!
Sanders Statement on Obama Cuts in Social Security, Veterans Benefits WASHINGTON - April 5 - Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) today issued the following statement on President Obama’s proposal to cut benefits for Social Security recipients, disabled veterans and others:
“I am terribly disappointed and will do everything in my power to block President Obama’s proposal to cut benefits for Social Security recipients through a chained consumer price index. As chairman of the Senate Committee on Veterans’ Affairs, I also am especially concerned about the impact this change would have on disabled veterans and their survivors. ...... “This is not a minor tweak, as its proponents contend. Under Obama’s proposal, according to the Social Security Administration, 65-year-old retirees would lose more than $650 a year by their 75th birthday, and more than $1,000 a year would be cut from their benefits once they reach 85. The proposed change would also affect more than 3.2 million disabled veterans receiving disability compensation benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs. Veterans who started receiving V.A. disability benefits at age 30 would have their benefits reduced by $1,425 a year at age 45, $2,341 at age 55 and $3,231 at age 65. Benefits for more than 350,000 surviving spouses and children would also be cut. ...... “I also hope the president follows up on another suggestion that he made during that campaign and gets behind my legislation to raise the cap on income subject to the payroll tax, extending the life of Social Security for generations to come without the need to cut benefits or raise taxes on the middle class. “Yes, we must move forward on deficit reduction, but it must not be done on the backs of some of the most vulnerable people in this country.”
Digby tells us It's Official Mark this day. For the first time in history, a Democratic president has officially proposed to cut the Democratic Party's signature New Deal program, Social Security: [....nyt article....] The way this was explained to me is that the liberal Democrats in the House put out a leftward proposal and the Democrats in the Senate put out a moderate proposal, which the president tacitly endorsed. The Crazy Republicans then came back with a rightward proposal so now the president has simply set forth a compromise between the Senate Dems and the Crazy Republicans. And it's his final, final offer this time. God help us if the Republicans wise up and take this deal. After all, it's a more conservative budget than even their hero Ronald Reagan ever submitted. This is what he proposes: [video] .... MORE! And Yves Smith chimes in with Now It’s Official: Obama Sells Catfood Futures, Um, Social Security and Medicare Cuts at Naked Capitalism.
MORE WAR & PEACE:
- Norman Soloman explains The Growing Campaign to Revoke Obama's Nobel Peace Prize at FreePress.org.
- At the WaPo Ernesto Londoño reports Iraq, Afghan wars will cost to $4 trillion to $6 trillion, Harvard study says
- Rolling Stone features an Exclusive Excerpt: The Operators by Michael Hastings McChrystal, Petraeus and the inside story of America's war in Afghanistan
- And also from Rolling Stone's John Knefel Symbols of Bush-era Lawlessness Flourish Under Obama Guantanamo Bay prison plans expansion, while CIA official linked to torture cover-up gets promoted AND at American Free Press Victor Thorn explains how Obama Outdoing Bush, Cheney on Police State
- And at the Guardian UK Ian Cobain exposes Camp Nama: British personnel reveal horrors of secret US base in Baghdad Detainees captured by SAS and SBS squads subjected to human-rights abuses at detention centre, say British witnesses.
- Mark Potok, senior fellow at the Southern Poverty Law Center Texas DA Killed Two Months After Deputy Shot Dead; Aryan Brotherhood Probed in Killings
- Linda Geffin & Christina Swarns Prosecutor Seeks Stay of Execution for Texas Prisoner Duane Buck, Sentenced to Death for Being Black AND Texas Prosecutor Linda Geffin, Victim of Brutal Attack at Home, on the Killing of DA Mike McLelland
- Bill McKibben, co-founder and director of 350.org ExxonMobil Tar Sands Oil Pipeline Ruptures in Arkansas as Obama Ponders Fate of Keystone XL
- Gregory Jaffe, director of the Biotechnology Project at the Center for Science in the Public Interest & Wenonah Hauter, executive director of Food & Water Watch The Monsanto Protection Act? A Debate on Controversial New Measure Over Genetically Modified Crops
- Wenonah Hauter, executive director of Food & Water Watch Foodopoly: The Battle Over the Future of Food and Farming in America from Monsanto to Wal-Mart
- Paul Barrett, assistant managing editor at Bloomberg Businessweek and author of "Glock: The Rise of America’s Gun" Silent on Assault Weapons Ban Defeat and NRA-Backed Dems, Has Obama Collapsed on Gun Control?
- Paul Barrett & Judith Browne Dianis, co-director of the Advancement Project NRA’s "School Shield" Call for Armed Guards Seen as Path to Further Criminalize Youth of Color
- Jackie Jarrett, member of the City Council in Nelson, Georgia & Lamar Kellett, resident of Nelson, Georgia, and former chair of the city’s Planning Commission A Gun in Every Home? Nelson, Georgia Residents Debate New Law Mandating Forced Ownership of Firearms
- Christine Hong, assistant professor at University of California, Santa Cruz, and an executive board member of the Korea Policy Institute New Era of Nuclear-Armed North Korea Forces U.S. to Reconsider War Games at Regime’s Door
- Rinku Sen, publisher of Colorlines.com and president of the Applied Research Center Drop the I-Word: In Victory for Advocates, Associated Press Stops Using Phrase "Illegal Immigrant"
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. assassinated 45 years ago On 45th Anniversary of His Death, Martin Luther King Jr. on the Power of Media and the Horror of War
- Sunita Patel, staff attorney with the Center for Constitutional Rights & Nicholas Peart, New York City resident who testified in the federal class action lawsuit filed by the Center for Constitutional Rights against the NYPD Testimony, Recordings at Trial Reveal the Racial Biases and Arrest Quotas Behind NYPD’s Stop & Frisk
- Craig Aaron, president and CEO of Free Press At National Conference for Media Reform, Activists Hope to Stop Murdoch, Koch-Backed Consolidation
- Robert McChesney, co-founder of Free Press Digital Disconnect: Robert McChesney on "How Capitalism Is Turning the Internet Against Democracy"
- Susan Greene, editor of The Colorado Independent Colorado Independent: Suspect in Killing of Prisons Chief Tormented by Years of Solitary Confinement
- Jean-Philippe Tremblay, a London-based filmmaker originally from Quebec, director of the film "Shadows of Liberty" "Shadows of Liberty": New Film Explores How Corporate Control of Media Erodes Press Freedoms
»»» FEATURED SHOW “At what Point in Pregnancy does a Woman’s Personhood End?” “This is really is a national issue,” Lynn Paltrow tells GRITtv. “Will Indiana become a first state to declare a system of separate and unequal law for pregnant women, a new Jane Crow?”
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NCAA Championship on CBS Michigan vs. Louisville - Monday 9 pm et
»»» NBA on ABC SUNDAYDoubleheader! Knicks @ Thunder 1 pm et then Lakers @ Clippers 3:30 pm et
»»» NBA on TNT THURSDAY Doubleheader! Knicks @ Bulls 8 pm et then Thunder @ Warriors 10:30 pm et
»»» SUNDAY BASEBALL on TBS Yankees @ Tigers 1 pm et
»»» SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Angels @ Rangers 8 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communi ties
- Lawmakers concerned about the health effects on humans from mountaintop removal coal mining set forth legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives today. Representatives Dennis Kucinich (OH), Louise Slaughter (NY), Maurice Hinchey (NY), Earl Blumenauer (OR), Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA), John Yarmuth (KY), Lynn Woolsey (CA), Judy Chu (CA), Raúl Grijalva (AZ), James Moran (VA), Michael Honda (CA), John Conyers (MI), and Keith Ellison (MN) introduced the Appalachian Communities Health Emergency (ACHE) Act H.R. 5959 which would place a moratorium on permitting for mountaintop removal coal mining until health studies are conducted by the Department of Health and Human Services. The ACHE coalition presently consists of participants from Coal River Mountain Watch, Mountain Health and Heritage Association, and Christians for the Mountains. “We encourage you, if you’re concerned about mountaintop removal’s effect on your community’s health, to join us in making your voice heard,” said Allen Johnson, executive director of Christians for the Mountains. “Please contact us, learn about the issue, and take action to protect your community.”
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Community Wealth Building in Action: The Cleveland Model Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Meet the New CISPA. Same as the Old CISPA. Last year, thanks to a public outcry, the effort to pass overreaching cybersecurity legislation stalled in the Senate. Now supporters have reintroduced the House version of that legislation — the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA). The “new” version is in fact identical to the original CISPA — and poses the same threat to our digital civil liberties. If CISPA becomes law, it will be a major blow to our online privacy. But more than that, CISPA’s passage would have a chilling effect on our freedom to connect online. We won’t feel as free to state unpopular opinions, or to speak truth to power, if we know that Big Brother could get a feed of everything we say and do. This is not what the free and open Internet is about. We must tell Congress: Vote NO on CISPA and bury this bill for good.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network UPDATE! From the Bradley Manning Support Network Birgitta Jonsdottir, Icelandic MP, NYC event Apr. 5. March 23, 2013. Pentagon Papers whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg invites you to a Bradley Manning event in New York CIty, on April 5, 2013, featuring Icelandic MP Birgitta Jonsdottir, who worked with WikiLeaks to publish the Collateral Murder video in 2010. Read here for information about the event, how to RSVP, and Birgitta's other events that week. AND Update 4/3/13: Rolling Stone's full Manning feature, a Nobel prize petition, and more Rolling Stone posts its full Manning feature online, Norman Solomon documents the outpouring of support for Bradley, P.J. Crowley condemns the 'aiding the enemy' charge against Manning, and WikiLeaks announces a press conference.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
The essential guide for watching government propaganda!
THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• Obama senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer
• ROUNDTABLE: Newark Mayor Cory Booker, D-N.J., and Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y. with ABC News political analyst and special correspondent Matthew Dowd, ABC News senior Washington correspondent Jeff Zeleny, and editor and publisher of The Nation Katrina vanden Heuvel.
• FOREIGN POLICY ROUNDTABLE: ABC News’ chief global affairs correspondent Martha Raddatz, just returned from reporting at the North Korea border; New York Times chief Washington correspondent and author of “Confront and Conceal” David Sanger; Fox News anchor Greta Van Susteren; and ABC News’ George Will.
• ROUNDTABLE: The Huffington Post Media Group's Arianna Huffington; Nobel Prize-winning economist and New York Times columnist Paul Krugman; former Reagan budget director David Stockman, author of “The Great Deformation: the Corruption of Capitalism in America”; Fox News anchor Greta Van Susteren; and ABC News’ George Will.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• New York Democratic Senator Chuck Schumer
• Arizona Republican Senator John McCain
• former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright
• ROUNDTABLE: Foreign Policy Magazine and The Economist writer Blaine Harden, The Wall Street Journal's Washington Bureau Chief Gerry Seib, CBS News Chief White House Correspondent Major Garrett and CBS News Congressional Correspondent Nancy Cordes.
• State Department Correspondent Margaret Brennan, who will be reporting from the capital of South Korea.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• 12/14 - Parents of the victims of the Newtown, Conn., massacre tell Scott Pelley that theirs is a lifetime quest to change gun laws in hopes of preventing the gun violence that took their young children. Henry Schuster is the producer. This is a two-part segment.
• Linsanity - Jeremy Lin shot from obscurity to stardom to become one of the few Asians to play professional basketball in the NBA. His sudden rise and stellar play became known as "Linsanity." Charlie Rose reports. Peter Radovich is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Fmr. Gov. Bill Richardson (D-NM), who travelled to North Korea earlier this year
• Michele Flournoy who served as undersecretary of defense policy under President Obama from 2009-2012
• ROUNDTABLE: Bill Richardson, who faced off against Clinton and Biden in 2008 during the Democratic presidential primary, re-joins the conversation, as well as GOP strategist Mike Murphy; Politico’s Maggie Haberman; and NBC News Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent, Andrea Mitchell.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy (D-CT)
• Former Ambassador to China Jon Huntsman
• Representative Luis Gutiérrez (D-IL), Congressional Hispanic Caucus
• Representative Mario Diaz-Balart (R-FL), Chairman and co-founder of Congressional Hispanic Conference
• REPORTS: Mike Duffy of Time Magazine and the Cook Political Report’s Amy Walter
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• THORN IN THE SIDE THURSDAY!!!!! Pull up a chair and a cold one! Listen NOW HERE!! Keep Bob on the air HERE ya hear? Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - April 4, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Disturbing updates on the Exxon tar sands oil pipeline spill in AR; Majority of Republicans believe global warming a 'hoax'; 'Tsunami of rain' in Argentina; China cheating on fish catches?; Golf in the Arctic? PLUS: 'Monsanto Protection Act' - Sneaky legislation exempts GMOs from the law... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Climate science denier calls for "alarmists" to face death penalty courts; Amazon tribe threatens to declare war amid row over Brazilian dam; NV Energy to decommission coal plants; Ogalalla Sioux: Resounding NO to Keystone XL Pipeline; Bill Gates, investors, back sodium battery startup; Canada may abandon expensive mine cleanup; Green pols get billionaire ally, money; climate researchers discover 1,800-year-old 'Rosetta stone' ice cores; PLUS: Obama on climate change: ‘The politics of this are tough’ ... and much, MUCH more!...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! KEYSTONE XL PIPEDREAM NOW HITTING HOME(S) Tar sands and other oil spills in Arkansas, Minnesota, Utah & Wisconsin muck up neighborhoods, proposed plans for Keystone XL Pipeline project...
• BRADCAST UPDATE! New Doc on U.S. Corporate Media Monopoly, Censorship on KPFK's 'BradCast' 'Shadows of Liberty' finally emerges from the shadows in advance of its U.S. premiere. Brad's in it, interviews its filmmaker...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Standard Podcast April 2, 2013 From Motown, Tony Trupiano Reports on Detroit’s New Dictator; Independent Journalist and Author Reese Erlich on Syria, Israel, Iran and Bahrain
• PBC Standard Podcast April 4, 2013 Exclusive: Richard Scrushy Breaks Silence on His Conviction with Gov. Siegelman in Bogus Bribery Case Linked to Karl Rove
• PBC News & Comment April 4, 2013PBC News & Comment: Scrushy Sheds New Light on Siegelman Case
• PBC News & Comment April 2, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Cities in Financial Pain, from Stockton to Detroit
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• Kerry Kennedy will be here to discuss her recent trip humanitarian trip to the Western Sahara.
• Investigative journalist Tim Shorrock will join us to talk about Obama’s War on Whistleblowers.
• Former Congresswoman Elizabeth Holtzman will tell us why we need to act fast to prosecute the crimes of the former Bush Administration.
• Attorney Howard Nations will be here to discuss the dismal treatment of U.S. military veterans.
• And investigative journalist Rick Outzen will join us for a discussion on the increasing incidents of rape within the military.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Are Conservatives Ready To Break Up The Banks? (VIDEO) For years, Progressives have been fighting to break up the big banks that crashed our economy. And now, they’ve gotten an unlikely ally in that fight – The Tea Party. Apparently there are some members in the GOP who actually believe that the too big to fail banks need to be broken apart – but not for the same reason progressives believe. Mike Papantonio discusses the evolving attitudes of the Tea Party with investigative journalist David Dayen.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind featuring the top stories from Ring of Fire from the past week.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Sundays at NOON!
- Women in the military are being raped and abused by fellow soldiers, and until recently, those stories were going untold. Investigative journalist Rick Outzen will have the details.
- We’ll also find out from attorney Howard Nations why America has turned its back on our military veterans.
- The American labor movement is under serious attack from business groups, and we’ll talk with attorneys Joe Cotchett and Mike Burg about why a strong working class is necessary for capitalism to survive.
- Corporate courts are trying to take away your right to hold businesses accountable – Author Jim Hightower will tell us about the latest schemes that corporate America is using to avoid accountability.
- And attorney Kim Lambert will give us the latest on the dangers associated with anti-depressants.
- Women in the military are being raped and abused by fellow soldiers, and until recently, those stories were going untold. Investigative journalist Rick Outzen will have the details.
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 3/25/13 Heather C. McGhee: Money Over Democracy With Matt & Michael
• TUESDAY 3/26/13 Dan Cantor: Why The Working Families Party Works, Richard Heinberg the End of Growth
• THURSDAY 3/28/13 Steven Brill: Why Medical Bills Are Killing US & Dr. James Kimmey
• FRIDAY 3/29/13 Lawrence Lessig: Fixing Democracy & Ani Fete: How Health Exchanges Work & Aasif Mandvi
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead. UPDATED: “As the Judge William Wenzel read the sentence, two guards shackled her wrists together with handcuffs.” by maxkeiser - READ Keiser Report regular Teri Buhl gets 30 days jail time. UPDATE 1: It seems that the Hearst journalist (if you can call him that), while extremely attentive to details of Teri’s clothing and hair, failed to mention a rather more important detail of the story . . .STATEMENT FROM TERI BUHL: “No Jail actually I walked out of the courthouse on a $25,000 appeal bond about 20 mins after the sentence and Judge Wenzel allowed my lawyers motion to stay the sentence.” Remember, all of this for a misdemeanour charge . . . what EXACTLY is going on in New Canaan? •British Man Wins Right Not To Pay BBC Licensing Fee And Score A Victory For 9/11 Truthers by maxkeiser - READ A British 9/11 truther is claiming victory following a court ruling that said he did not have to pay a fine over his refusal to pay his annual £130 TV license fee. (infowars.com) • Concern trolling gold: OMG!! GEORGE SOROS IS SELLING GOLD AGAIN!! by stacyherbert - Stacy Summary: Bloomberg news is reporting on SocGen saying gold is a bubble ready to burst. READ Gold ‘Bubble’ Seen Turning to Bear Market by SocGen on Recovery (April 2, 2013 - bloomberg.com) • Herbert’s Headlines: Carbon Emissions, Immoral Morals and Libor Suits by stacyherbert. • This is apparently becoming a trend—a disturbing one by maxkeiser - READ Blockbuster Lawsuit: Whistleblower Alleges Reuters Releases Data Early to HFT Clients Submitted by Michael Krieger of Liberty Blitzkrieg - Very interesting, but unsurprising, allegations have surfaced in a lawsuit brought forth by former Thomson-Reuters employee Mark Rosenblum that alleges the company released sensitive economic data early to HFT (high frequency trading) clients. Now this should come as no shock to anyone, considering it has become crystal clear that the entire economy is essentially simply one giant oligarch-run fraud that is designed to take the wealth and labor of 99.9% and funnel it all up to them. This realization is a large drive behind the recent success of Bitcoin, as people are simply desperate to get free of the parasitic banking system at all costs. From Reuters: In the lawsuit, filed on Wednesday in Manhattan federal court, Mark Rosenblum said he was terminated after telling U.S. authorities that the Thomson Reuters/University of Michigan Surveys of Consumers was released at different times to different subscribers. Rosenblum said in his court papers that Thomson Reuters releases the monthly survey to so-called “ultra low-latency” subscribers at two seconds before 9:55 a.m. ET, to “desktop” subscribers at 9:55 a.m., and to the general public at 10 a.m. Read the rest here. • KEISER REPORT [KR426] Keiser Report: Bitcoin vs Banksters We discuss the elbowed dreams and broken markets that continue to apparently thrive while a hedge fund managers advice for young people is ‘get a job’ (in a hollowed-out wasteland of an economy) and ‘save for retirement’ (with the same banks that have stolen trillions from the global investor). In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to entrepreneur and inventor, William Mook, about a future in which bitcoin means banks will not even be needed and 3D printing makes factories obsolete but a present day in which financial wise guys have stopped investing in the economy because there is no fuel supply to support the growth. •KEISER REPORT [KR427] Keiser Report: Crime-Generated Cash We discuss an entire population living beyond thanks to an economy benefiting from crime. They also talk about capital flight, banksters exempt from RICO and bitcoin destroying the state. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to the original silver guru, David Morgan of Silver-Investor.com about the latest in silver, Crash JPM and silver standards in Utah. • KEISER REPORT [KR428] Keiser Report – Keiser Report: Financial Narcissism We discuss concern trolling the gold market and George Osborne threatening the working class with a cut in the minimum wage. They wonder aloud whether or not it was too much debt or too much working class income that caused the UK and global economies to collapse. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser talks to Simon Rose of SaveOurSavers.co.uk about the ‘Nicosian beheading’ of UK savings that has been confiscated through quantitative easing by the Bank of England. • ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Greg Hunter An interview with Greg Hunter of USA Watchdog. • THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1273] The Truth About Market Making Stacy Summary: We talk about market making, evolution and price discovery as demonstrated in the bitcoin market. Keiser compares NYSE to the Nasdaq. We discuss Jim Rogers’ call that pension funds could be the next to be seized. And we discuss George Osborne’s claim that collecting government benefits turns a person into a mass murderer. Download show HERE (mp3) • Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday, excluding Thursday, from 12-2 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show 4/1/13 Jason Leopold: Jason Leopold, journalist with Truthout, discusses the growing Guantanamo hunger strike; the previous hunger strikes and “suicides” of three prisoners in 2006; the government’s dismissal of prisoner complaints as petty concerns; and Obama’s broken promise to close Guantanamo and release the prisoners who have been cleared by two administrations.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 4/3/13 Andrew Bacevich: Andrew Bacevich, professor of international relations at Boston University, discusses his open letter to Iraq War architect Paul Wolfowitz; the long overdue accounting of the Bush administration’s real reasons for waging an unnecessary war in Iraq; the dumb ideas floating around in the brains of very smart guys; and Obama’s continuation of Bush’s preventive war doctrine.
• Listen to more interviews at The Scott Horton Show!
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Senior Advisor to the President, Dan Pfeiffer.
• Former Arkansas Congressman Asa Hutchinson
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml