Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Another Mixed Bag Sunday Saturday the BTV compound was inundated by thunderstorms that flooded many basements in the area including ours! We spent the day moving the soaked flotsam and jetsam out of the basement and then cleaning everything with soap and bleach and our wet-dry vac! Sorry for the delay in posting so let's get busy! At NakedCapitalism.com David Dayen warns House Republican GSE Bill Would Codify MERS, Pre-Empt Private Property Rights The top Republican on the House Financial Services Committee has tucked a provision into his mortgage finance reform bill that would create a privately held “National Mortgage Data Repository.” The repository would basically look like MERS, the bank-owned electronic database tracking mortgage transfers. The difference is that, while MERS’ activities have drawn legal challenges across the country, the National Mortgage Data Repository would have the force of statute to carry out the exact same behavior. According to the bill text, any document arising from this repository would be seen as presumptively legal, pre-empting state and federal laws on demonstrating the right to foreclose. Jeb Hensarling, the chair of the House Financial Services Committee, introduced the bill last Thursday. Hensarling has already gotten into trouble this year for taking a ski vacation/fundraiser with Wall Street lobbyists, including an official from the American Securitization Forum, just six weeks after getting the Financial Services Committee gavel. Financial interests donated over $1 million to Hensarling in the last election cycle. It’s not a stretch to suggest that legislation offered by Hensarling at least has the stamp of approval from Wall Street, if it’s not directly written by their lobbyists. The bill is called the Protecting American Taxpayers and Homeowners (PATH) Act, and it’s the House Republican response to a series of bills and initiatives to resolve Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and set a course for the future of mortgage finance. Most of the bill deals with that: in Hensarling’s vision, Fannie and Freddie are totally dismantled within five years, and private actors take up the slack with virtually no government guarantee. While in the past I’ve trashed the idea of just reconstituting Fannie and Freddie under a different name, in reality, expecting private actors to recreate a secondary mortgage market without any guarantee (or even with one, in my view) is wishful thinking. But that’s not what’s interesting about Hensarling’s bill, which sprouts from the same “GSEs caused the housing crisis” rhetoric that conservatives have parroted for years. No, it’s this revelation of the banks’ true desire to wrap up the documentation failures of the bubble years that should raise alarms. ............ What you have here is the total pre-emption of every state or federal law regarding the right to foreclose and ownership of the note. All of that gets shoved aside in favor of the doctrine that every document in the National Mortgage Data Repository is presumptively legal. Period. This would wipe away in an instant all the challenges to the failures in securitization. Under this new process, all property and due process rights that currently hold would be subservient to the ability for a note holder to get its documents blessed by the repository. Judges would have to follow the statute, and regardless of robo-signing, backdating, forgery, lost notes that magically reappear, or the failure to properly convey notes to the trusts, they would have to treat any registrant from the repository as having an enforceable right to foreclose. It’s certainly an elegant solution, I’ll give it that. Take all the questions arising from whether MERS has the legal right to foreclose, and all the myriad problems with mortgage documentation, and just will it away with a brand-new private database that pre-empts all those questions and concerns. All those losses MERS has suffered in state courts? Gone. All those problems servicers are having foreclosing in states like Nevada and California and elsewhere? Poof! States have always controlled property law, and this Republican bill would wrest away that state control, putting it not in the hands of the federal government, but a private entity. The banks would be able to foreclose because a repository, in all likelihood owned by the banks, said they had that legal right. ..... WOW! More details at the link!
VIDEO! At Zerohedge Bill Black: The Banks Have Blood On Their Hands Submitted by Adam Taggart via Peak Prosperity blog We invited Bill Black to return to explain whether the level of systemic risk due to fraud in our financial markets has improved or worsened since the dire situation he painted for us in early 2012. Sadly, it looks like abuse by the big players has only flourished since then. ....... Click the play button [below] to listen to Chris' interview with Bill Black (47m:23s). Click over to listen to the podcast and read a partial transcript.
Matt Taibbi at Rolling Stone explains how JP Morgan Chase, Once Considered "The Good Bank," Is About to Pay Another Massive Settlement During the financial crisis, while Dr. Evil-ish Wall Street villains like Goldman and Lehman Brothers were getting all the bad press, pundits continually referred to J.P. Morgan Chase as the "good bank." The myth of Chase as the finance sector's one upstanding rock of rectitude reached its zenith in July of 2009 with an embarrassingly hagiographic piece in the New York Times entitled, "In Washington, One Bank Chief Still Holds Sway." In that one, the paper breathlessly praised Jamie Dimon for emerging from "the disgrace of his industry" to become Barack Obama's "favorite banker." Chase and Jamie Dimon kept that rep for a good long time. ..... Well, there's some more news about the "good bank" – Chase is about to pay yet another ginormous settlement for cheating and stealing from the public. According to the Wall Street Journal, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) will fine Chase "close to $1 billion" for manipulating energy prices in Enron-esque fashion in Michigan and California. The story is interesting in itself – and we'll write more about it later – but for now, it's just the fact of yet another massive settlement for this bank that's so interesting. In the three-year period between 2009-2012, Chase paid out over $16 billion in litigation costs. Noted financial analyst Josh Rosner of Graham Fisher slammed Chase in a report earlier this year, pointing out that these settlements and legal costs represented a staggering 12% of Chase's net revenue during this time. There couldn't possibly be a clearer demonstration of the modern banking model, in which companies break rules/laws as a matter of course, and simply pay fines as a cost – a significant cost – of doing business. For sheer curiosity's sake, I thought I'd list, in capsule form, some of the capers Chase has been caught up in in recent years: ....[long list]...... There have been so many settlements with so many agencies around the world (I'm in a hurry and can't get to Chase's messes in Britain, Japan and elsewhere) that they're almost impossible to count. Some papers are reporting that Chase is being investigated by as many as eight different agencies in the U.S. alone. There are some other civil actions left out, too, like the $110 million class-action settlement for improper charging of overdraft fees, or their part in the gigantic $6 billion settlement completed last year involving Visa, MasterCard and other credit card providers for manipulating card service rates. And states like California have only just begun crawling up Chase's backside for its role in the lunatic filing of erroneous credit card collection lawsuits, a scam outed by whistleblower Linda Almonte. ....... Memo to colleagues on the White House pool: could someone please ask the president if Jamie Dimon is still his favorite banker? Haha! and WOW! Do click over for the full list Taibbi put together!
Writing at the National Memo David Cay Johnston crunches the numbers Corporate Tax Rates Plummet As Profits Soar .....Profits way up, taxes down, is not what our myths about taxation lead us to expect. These figures show that the endlessly repeated claim that American corporations are overtaxed is bunk. The reality is that the tax rates written into law, and used on corporate profit and loss statements, bear little relationship to actual taxes paid. And the beneficiaries of this gap between posted rates and paid rates are primarily the very biggest corporations, many of which have figured out how to profit off the tax system (as I first showed in 2002). In a previous National Memo column, I showed how Apple makes money by profiting today and paying its income taxes much later, if ever. .... Much more number crunching that exposes yet another GOPher Cannard! Speaking of GOPher Canards Paul Krugman describes the new GOPher-led Hunger Games, U.S.A. Something terrible has happened to the soul of the Republican Party. We’ve gone beyond bad economic doctrine. We’ve even gone beyond selfishness and special interests. At this point we’re talking about a state of mind that takes positive glee in inflicting further suffering on the already miserable. The occasion for these observations is, as you may have guessed, the monstrous farm bill the House passed last week. ....... So House Republicans voted to maintain farm subsidies — at a higher level than either the Senate or the White House proposed — while completely eliminating food stamps from the bill. To fully appreciate what just went down, listen to the rhetoric conservatives often use to justify eliminating safety-net programs. It goes something like this: “You’re personally free to help the poor. But the government has no right to take people’s money” — frequently, at this point, they add the words “at the point of a gun” — “and force them to give it to the poor.” It is, however, apparently perfectly O.K. to take people’s money at the point of a gun and force them to give it to agribusinesses and the wealthy. Now, some enemies of food stamps don’t quote libertarian philosophy; they quote the Bible instead. Representative Stephen Fincher of Tennessee, for example, cited the New Testament: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.” Sure enough, it turns out that Mr. Fincher has personally received millions in farm subsidies. Given this awesome double standard — I don’t think the word “hypocrisy” does it justice — it seems almost anti-climactic to talk about facts and figures. But I guess we must. .......... Still, let’s pretend to take this seriously. If employment is down because government aid is inducing people to stay home, reducing the labor force, then the law of supply and demand should apply: withdrawing all those workers should be causing labor shortages and rising wages, especially among the low-paid workers most likely to receive aid. In reality, of course, wages are stagnant or declining — and that’s especially true for the groups that benefit most from food stamps. So what’s going on here? Is it just racism? No doubt the old racist canards — like Ronald Reagan’s image of the “strapping young buck” using food stamps to buy a T-bone steak — still have some traction. But these days almost half of food stamp recipients are non-Hispanic whites; in Tennessee, home of the Bible-quoting Mr. Fincher, the number is 63 percent. So it’s not all about race. What is it about, then? Somehow, one of our nation’s two great parties has become infected by an almost pathological meanspiritedness, a contempt for what CNBC’s Rick Santelli, in the famous rant that launched the Tea Party, called “losers.” If you’re an American, and you’re down on your luck, these people don’t want to help; they want to give you an extra kick. I don’t fully understand it, but it’s a terrible thing to behold.
EFF UPDATE: Here are a few items the Electronic Freedom Foundation is working on.
- EFF Joins Massive Coalition Calling For Patent Reform Today EFF joins a coalition of 50 organizations to send a letter to Congress urging the legislature to focus on finding—and passing—effective solutions to patent abuse.
- Technology to Protect Against Mass Surveillance (Part 1) This article is part one of a two-part series. In this part, we'll take a brief look at some of the available tools to blunt the effects of mass surveillance. In the second part, we'll discuss the big picture, reasons Internet users have been slow to adopt cryptographic software, and some limitations of existing technology's ability to defend us against government snooping.
- Who Has Your Back? Companies Demand Transparency Around Government Data Requests EFF has joined a broad coalition of technology companies and other civil liberties groups in demanding that online services be allowed to report for the first time complete information about the government’s requests for user data. In a letter addressed to President Barack Obama, Congressional leaders, and top intelligence officials, over 50 organizations laid out the need for more transparency around national security requests.
- Massive Spying Program Exposed - Demand Answers Now It's time for a full accounting of America's secret spying programs—and an end to unconstitutional surveillance. Congress must act in a similar fashion and create a 21st Century Church Committee and enact strong legislation to rein in the Executive Branch and protect our communications. Join EFF in calling for a full investigation by emailing Congress today.
- @seanpaulkelley 1h
Detroit will now privatize its Crown Jewels to pay bond holders. It won't have anything left to provide services. A feature, not a bug.
- @Gaius_Publius 1m
For corps, the bankrupcy of Detroit will be a fire sale of privatization. Bet on it.
- @billmon1 19m
People are saying how sad they are about Detroit bankruptcy, when they should be ANGRY (enraged even) about it. This isnt a natural disaster.
Return control of Detroit to the taxpayers – not unelected bureaucrats and Wall Street banks.
August 4, 1920 – July 20, 2013
- Zimmerman Verdict Nationwide Protests "I Felt Like It Was My Son": Thousands Protest George Zimmerman Acquittal in Trayvon Martin Killing
- Rev. Jesse Jackson & Phillip Agnew, executive director of Dream Defenders "There is a Trayvon in Every Town": Rev. Jesse Jackson and Florida Youth Activist Demand Justice
- Lisa Graves, executive director of the Center for Media and Democracy After Aiding Zimmerman’s Case, ALEC-Backed "Stand Your Ground" Could Threaten a Civil Lawsuit
- Benjamin Jealous, president and CEO of the NAACP NAACP Leads Push for Federal Civil Rights Charges Against Zimmerman After Race Kept Out of Trial
- Sharif Abdel Kouddous "The Jailers Should Be Jailed": Sharif Abdel Kouddous on the Embrace of Egypt’s Military Post-Morsi
- Kevin Gosztola, civil liberties blogger at Firedoglake.com Kevin Gosztola: Behind the Scenes of the Bradley Manning Trial Ignored by Corporate Media
- Jules Lobel, president of the Center for Constitutional Rights & inmate's mother Dolores Canales California Prisoners Challenge Solitary, Jail Conditions with Largest Hunger Strike in State History
- Michelle Alexander, attorney, civil rights advocate Michelle Alexander: "Zimmerman Mindset" Endangers Young Black Lives with Poverty, Prison & Murder
- Alexander & Kali Akuno, longtime organizer with the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement Trayvon Martin’s Unpunished Shooting Death Among 100+ Extrajudicial Killings of Unarmed Blacks
- The Guardian's Glenn Greenwald Glenn Greenwald: Growing Backlash Against NSA Spying Shows Why U.S. Wants to Silence Edward Snowden
- Trevor Ngwane, longtime South African activist On His 95th Birthday, the Story of Nelson Mandela’s Struggle Told Outside His Old Soweto Home
- Julie Cohen, director of the new film, "I Live to Sing" "I Live to Sing": Black Opera Students Excel at Formerly White School in Post-Apartheid South Africa
- Joshua Oppenheimer "The Act of Killing": New Film Shows U.S.-Backed Indonesian Death Squad Leaders Re-enacting Massacres We spend the hour with Joshua Oppenheimer, the director of a groundbreaking new documentary called "The Act of Killing." The film is set in Indonesia, where, beginning in 1965, military and paramilitary forces slaughtered up to a million Indonesians after overthrowing the democratically elected government. That military was backed by the United States and led by General Suharto, who would rule Indonesia for decades. .....
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW F Word: Whose Right? Whose Ground? Fear in the "heat of the moment" made George Zimmerman's an act of self defense, says Juror B37. But Zimmerman's heated moment was short. Trayvon Martin’s was very long. GRITtv talked with Rev. Jesse Jackson on the day of Zimmerman's arrest, 45 days after the shooting occurred. more.....
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» SUNDAY BASEBALL on TBS Dodgers @ Nationals 1:35 pm et »»» SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Yankees @ Red Sox 8 pm et »»» WEDNESDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Rays @ Red Sox 7 pm et »»» NASCAR on ESPN This Sunday: It's the Brickyard 400 pres. by Golden Corral from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway! Coverage begins at 1 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Meet the New CISPA. Same as the Old CISPA. Last year, thanks to a public outcry, the effort to pass overreaching cybersecurity legislation stalled in the Senate. Now supporters have reintroduced the House version of that legislation — the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA). The “new” version is in fact identical to the original CISPA — and poses the same threat to our digital civil liberties. If CISPA becomes law, it will be a major blow to our online privacy. But more than that, CISPA’s passage would have a chilling effect on our freedom to connect online. We won’t feel as free to state unpopular opinions, or to speak truth to power, if we know that Big Brother could get a feed of everything we say and do. This is not what the free and open Internet is about. We must tell Congress: Vote NO on CISPA and bury this bill for good.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network UPDATE! From the Bradley Manning Support Network Update 7/18/13: Amnesty International calls Judge's decision a 'travesty of justice' Amnesty International called out Judge Lind on her refusal to drop the 'aiding the enemy' charge against Bradley Manning, calling it a "travesty of justice" as well as "ludicrous". ...... AND Military struggles to support claim of Manning’s ‘disloyalty’; Govt tries to change charge sheet: trial report, day 20 PLUS Update 7/13/13: More events organized for July 27 worldwide call to action, Raging Grannies perform
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources.
B R I C K T E E V E E The essential guide for watching government propaganda! THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE! IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012 AFGHANISTAN: 2,249 US Military Dead as of July 11, 2013 The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises MOCKINGBIRD: The Subversion Of The Free Press By The CIA Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas
• Detroit Mayor Dave Bing
• ROUNDTABLE: former Obama White House Green Jobs Adviser and co-host of CNN’s “Crossfire” Van Jones; former Bush White House Press Secretary Dana Perino, a Fox News contributor and co-host of Fox News Channel’s “The Five”; ABC News’ Cokie Roberts; ABC News Political Analyst and Special Correspondent Matthew Dowd; ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl; and ABC News Senior Justice Correspondent Pierre Thomas.
• Sunday Spotlight: ABC News’ Dan Harris tells the story of Piper Kerman, author of “Orange is the New Black,” now adapted into a new series on Netflix
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-OH)
• ROUNDTABLE: The Washington Post's David Ignatius, USA Today's Susan Page, TIME's Michael Scherer and The Wall Street Journal's Gerald Seib
- 60 Minutes (CBS) Summer Reruns
• Sniffing Out Bombs - Working dogs like those used domestically for anti-terror operations are also saving the lives of American soldiers on the battlefield. Lara Logan gets a rare look into the secretive world of these special dogs, some of whose capabilities are classified. Max McClellan and Reuben Heyman-Kantor are the producers.
• The Lost Boys - Bob Simon reports on the Sudanese refugees who have resettled in the U.S. Their odyssey began when they were forced to flee on foot from a Sudanese civil war 25 years ago that destroyed their homes and families. 60 Minutes has been following them for 12 years. Draggan Mihailovich is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Michigan’s Republican Governor Rick Snyder.
• ROUNDTABLE: Marc Morial, President of the National Urban League and former Mayor of New Orleans; Rep. Marcia Fudge (D-OH), Chair of the Congressional Black Caucus; Tavis Smiley, Host of the "Tavis Smiley Show" on PBS; Charles Ogletree, Professor at Harvard Law School; and Michael Steele, MSNBC Political Analyst and former Chairman of the Republican National Committee.
• ROUNDTABLE II :Marc Morial, along with former Democratic Governor of Michigan Jennifer Granholm, NBC’s Political Director and Chief White House Correspondent, Chuck Todd, and columnist for the New York Times David Brooks.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Congressional Hispanic Caucus member Xavier Beccerra
• Congressional Black Caucus member Cedric Richmond
• Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)
• ROUNDTABLE: New York Times columnist Charles Blow, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund president Sherrilyn Ifill and conservative commentator Crystal Wright.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!!!!! Pull up a chair and a cold one! Listen NOW HERE - Friday, July 19th, 2013 (mp3)! Keep Bob on the air HERE ya hear? Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - July 18, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Another major wildfire blazes in the West as heat wave bakes Maine to Minnesota; June 2013 2nd hottest ever recorded; Burning fossil fuels hampering our ability to burn fossil fuels; 'Climate Change Theatre' returns to U.S. Senate; Oil giants fight oil spill fines; Big banks caught manipulating energy markets; PLUS: Obama's EPA nominee Gina McCarthy finally approved in the U.S. Senate ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Koch Brothers retaliate against journalists they don't like; Birth defects higher near cattle feedlots; World Bank, Ex-Im Bank cancel funding for coal projects; Pee Power: UK scientists power cell phone battery with urine; Steam, radioactive water leak at Fukushima power plans; Aging reactors pose increased risks; India's 2013 floods 4th deadliest disaster in world history... PLUS: What could possibly go wrong?: Russia builds floating nuclear reactors in Arctic ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - July 11, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Greenpeace activists scale Shell Tower to protest Arctic drilling; US, China agree to cut emissions; Air pollution more deadly than thought; CNBC fails viewers...again; PLUS: Hell freezes over: Fox News reports on climate change?!?! ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! VIDEO! Desi on 'Point': on Force-Feeding Gitmo Prisoners PLUS: Glenn Beck calls for U.S. govt to 'shoot them in the head', even though 80+ cleared of all charges...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! MSNBC Prime-time Line-up Ignores FBI Director Nominee Hearing Cable news net skips 'big, hairy deal' Senate hearing of James Comey, controversial Bush-appointee nominated to head FBI for the next decade...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Exclusive: LAPD, NBC4 Falsely Report L.A. Protest 'Damage' Police, media reports of '$15,000 of damage' at local hotel during peaceful Trayvon Martin protests in L.A. disputed by local hotel: 'Those reports are false'... .
• THE BRADCAST! KPFK 'BradCast': The Truth About the Peaceful Trayvon Protests in Hollywood If the MSM and LAPD won't tell you, we will...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! KY ELECTION FRAUD CONVICTIONS OVERTURNED Eight top Kentucky county election officials previously sentenced to 156+ years in massive, years-long vote-buying/selling and e-vote manipulation scheme, to get new trial...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment July 15, 2013 PBC News & Comment: NSA Wiretapping Top Elected Officials, Victims Now Have “Standing” to Sue NSA whistleblower Russ Tice expands his disclosure that Sen. Feinstein, other top officials were wiretapped by NSA; does she know?
• PBC News & Comment July 17, 2013 PBC News & Comment: NSA Spooks Give 3-Hop Spin on Capitol Hill NSA and “Justice” tools face bipartisan anger over surveillance at House Judiciary hearing, WashPost blacks out “3-hop” testimony, Guardian doesn’t…
• PBC News & Comment July 19, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Appeals Court Reinstates NDAA Detention Law Split decision by appeals court reinstates draconian, unconstitutional NDAA detention law–Americans can be held without charge or trial….
• PBC Standard Podcast July 15, 2013 NSA Whistleblower Russell Tice Offers More Details: Sen. Feinstein and Others Were Wiretapped by NSA
• PBC Standard Podcast July 17, 2013 Investigative Journalist Russ Baker Lays Out Many Lingering Questions, Contradictions and Conflicts in the Investigation of Boston Bombing
• PBC Standard Podcast July 19, 2013 Kevin Gozstola Recaps Manning Court Martial, as Judge Declines to Drop “Aiding Enemy” Charge
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Saturdays 3-6 PM Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 7 pm Eastern.
• Documentary filmmaker Josh Fox will join us for a discussion of his new film “Gasland II.”
• Lilly Eskelsen Garcia from the National Education Association will tell us about the assault on public education.
• Representative Keith Ellison will discuss his efforts to raise awareness about the plight of minimum wage earners.
• And economist James Galbraith will be here to talk about the causes of the global economic collapse that many economists have overlooked.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Sundays at NOON!
»» Farron Cousins fills in for Mike Papantonio this week.
»» Coming up on today’s show, we’ll be taking a look at how some charities are taking advantage of the generosity of American citizens, and pocketing millions of dollars in the process. Investigative journalist Rick Outzen will have the details.
»» The GOP has once again taken it upon themselves to launch a war on women, and we’ll find out why they decided to resurrect a strategy that helped destroy their campaigns in last year’s election cycle with author Nancy L. Cohen.
»» Attorney Seth Katz will talk to us about the problem of GOP obstruction and our current do-nothing Congress.
»» Attorney Howard Nations will tell us all about the failure of the federal government to regulate generic drugs.
»» And the Environmental Protection Agency has dropped the ball when it comes to regulating hydraulic fracturing, and DeSmogBlog managing editor Brendan DeMelle and investigative journalist Steve Horn will tell you why this is putting citizens and the environment at risk.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• Ohio Governor Shifts Tax Burden on State’s Poor by Joshua De Leon
• VIDEO! Pap and Sam: Will Harry Reid Ever Grow A Spine? (VIDEO) A deal has tentatively been struck for Republicans to stop filibustering. Will Harry Reid finally step up to the plate by showing us he actually has the brass to stand up to them? Ring of Fire co hosts Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder discuss the recent round of filibuster reform.
• VIDEO! Seder: Victory In Fight Against Fracking (VIDEO) Ring of Fire host Sam Seder and documentary filmmaker Josh Fox discuss the dangers of fracking, and the influence of the gas industry on our government, which Fox profiles in his new film Gasland 2.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind July 20, 2013 featuring the top stories from Ring of Fire from the past week.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 7/15/13 Cliff Schecter: NRA Creates George Zimmermans & Syreeta McFadden: Progress Under Attack
• TUESDAY 7/16/13 Juan Cole: Egypt: Coup Or Revolution?
• WEDNESDAY 7/17/13 Josh Fox: Gasland II
• THURSDAY 7/18/13 Jeff Goodell: Goodbye, Miami: Victim Of Climate Change
• FRIDAY 7/19/13 Cliff Schecter & Isabel Gillies: Casual Friday
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• The Federal Reserve 100th Anniversary Road Show Spectacular! by alexschaefer - Paint Provocateur Alex Schaefer wants to say “Happy Birthday, Federal Reserve!’ You made it to 100 years of conducting the nation’s monetary policy! Since mainstream media didn’t send a card, a painter, a protestor, a filmmaker, a freedom fighter and a mad crew are going on a road trip across the USA to visit all twelve of your branches to help you celebrate! Come rain or monkey shines, they are on a mission to throw the birthday party nightmares are made of. A party to highlight the historic END of the original 100 year charter the Federal Reserve Bank has with the U.S. Government December 23rd, 2013! CLICK HERE FOR THE CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN & HELP GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! Lots of great donation perks, all original works of art by Alex Schaefer and Cain Motter! This is a great way to collect some art AND help fund this amazing journey and film. It’s a win-win situation! Let’s some history and shake things up around here!
• #4 Back in 1960, the city of Detroit had the highest per-capita income in the United States. by maxkeiser - READ 24 Facts About The City Of Detroit That Will Shock You (activistpost.com)
• Anonymous Analytics’ Goes After Corrections Corp. of America ($CXW) by maxkeiser - Anonymous Analytics, a group associated with Anonymous has been shopping around for awhile looking for a suitable target to apply the shame and short-sale technique. They have decided on Corrections Corp. of America. The report issued by Anonymous Analytics details why Corrections Corp. is a bad investment. Just like any Wall St. report, they dig into hidden risk factors that investors may not have taken on board...... READ Anonymous Exposes U.S.’s Biggest Private Prison Company As a Bad Financial Investment
• China’s biggest jeweller Chow Tai Fook charged with fixing prices on rigged gold prices by Stacy Herbert - READ Jeweller Chow Tai Fook named in price-fixing probe-report (Reuters UK)
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: The Great Gold Eastward Migration We discuss the market creatures with no apparent instinct for survival as they walk toward the frothy market despite all the signs of a debt tsunami about to hit. They also discuss when Goldman Shrugged after Thomson Reuters data was no longer available to high speed frontrunners. In the second half, Max talks to Jan Skoyles of The Real Asset Company about gold demand in China, the Shanghai Gold Exchange and smuggling Snowden in Venezuela’s gold delivery.
• KEISER REPORT [KR472] Keiser Report: Bankers’ Brain Cells We ask whether or not it will ever be possible to unwind quantitative easing as the parallel universe it has created sucks out interest payments and central bankers’ brain cells. They discuss the latest in a long line of market rigging – this time the traders who allegedly rigged QE. In the second half, Max talks to Pete Comley, author of Inflation Tax, about inflation, government regulated prices rising the fastest and the pound sterling falling for the past hundred years. Comley also asks where are the protests in the UK against the 11 percent theft of savings by quantitative easing?
• KEISER REPORT [KR473] Keiser Report: Simulations, Smoke & Mirrors We discuss the mass lobotomy that is the knitting needle of market manipulation to the brain; Ben Bernanke’s Pepto Bismol talk as simulated fearlessness and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) like wearing thirty seat belts. In the second half, Max talks to Wolf Richter of TestosteronePit.com, about the turmoil in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) market and about private equity and hedge funds buying up properties only to take those properties off the ‘for sale’ list and put them on the ‘to rent’ list.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1285] The Truth About Markets – 20 July 2013 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday, excluding Thursday, from 12-2 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show 7/16/13 Philip Giraldi: Philip Giraldi, executive director of the Council for the National Interest, discusses why Edward Snowden is a whistleblower, not a traitor – despite what the media is telling you; the possible public backlash against the NSA’s lawless spying; the ugly reality of “what winning looks like” in Afghanistan; and why Snowden had better watch his back if he flees to South America.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 7/19/13 Alexa O’Brien: Alexa O’Brien, the unofficial transscriptionist of Bradley Manning’s trial, discusses the prosecution witness claiming Manning was “disloyal;” the judge’s refusal to dismiss the government’s aiding the enemy and computer fraud charges; and the mainstream media’s terrible-to-nonexistent coverage of Manning’s trial.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Dr. Benjamin Carson and Rep Donna Edwards (D-MD)
• Detroit Emergency Manager, Kevyn Orr
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml