Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Memorial Day Special 2014! WOW! Last Sunday the BTV Crew helped do a LIVE FROM CLEVELAND broadcast on WRUW-FM 91.1 from the Hessler Street Fair a fabulous hippie, tie-dye music fair that's been going on for over 40 years! You can still download last Sunday's bands by going to the WRUW.org Program Guide and download any show between 12 Noon and 10 PM! Go NOW since the automation will overwrite every show from last week in real time! HURRY! For a list of performers go to HesslerStreetFair.org's 2014 Music guide (Outlaws I&I started about 12:30 pm so go from there). And the Brick TeeVee Crew has been busy prepping The Big Garden! We have the gourds (butternut squash, black beauty zucchini) seeds in as well as heirloom cukes, 3 varieties of beans and newcomer Swiss Chard! Next up is our tomato patch and pepper patch from mild and tasty to OMG HOT! We also have eggplant and cabbage and several varieties of lettuce we'll try too! Since we completely missed last week we'll have some of those highlights plus new items! But we're running late so be sure to peruse stories from all our regulars and throw bricks at anyone who sez "BENGHAZI" on the Sunday Funnies! Plenty of sport to distract you starting with the 98th Indy 500 and the Coke 600, MLB and NBA playoffs.
And if you attend any Memorial Day event try to get up the gumption to take to the microphone and explain how we wouldn't need to remember so many souls every year if the U.S. would simply stop creating so many wars for basically land and resource grabs to feed the cancerous "pro-growth" military-industrial-media-neolib economic agenda and policies, with UKRAINE being only the latest example of The West's crippling (and wrong) AUSTERITY measures. Start with General Smedley Butler's War is a Racket, mix in some of Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States and some Chris Hedges and yer on yer way! Take this opportunity to TELL your gathered locals what's really going on! We know you can do it! And if those VFW-types get up in yer grill send them to VeteransForPeace.org and add some of The Math of the Military Industrial Fossil Fuel Complex. Face it: the Corporomedia is NOT serving us. WE need to engage our neighbors to educate them on some basic facts about war and its absolute wastefulness. Only until We The People demand an end to war will any politician listen. We have to FORCE this change. And until we do the status quo will continue, unabated. Happy (?) Memorial Day! We'll be back with more news later! Stay tuned!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
We start with some stories we had for last week's missed post. Here's Glenn Greenwald on his new book NO PLACE TO HIDE - Edward Snowden, The NSA and the U.S. Surveillance State on Democracy NOW!
- "The Stuff I Saw Really Began to Disturb Me": How the U.S. Drone War Pushed Snowden to Leak NSA Docs
- "Collect It All": Glenn Greenwald on NSA Bugging Tech Hardware, Economic Espionage & Spying on U.N.
- "Right Out of a Spy Movie": Glenn Greenwald on First Secret Meeting with NSA Leaker Edward Snowden
- Glenn Greenwald: U.S. Corporate Media is "Neutered, Impotent and Obsolete"
- also at PublicAffairsBooks.com ALL THE PRESIDENTS’ BANKERS: The Hidden Alliances that Drive American Power
- Tyler Durdan has this excerpt All The Presidents' Bankers: The World Bank And The IMF The World Bank and the IMF: Expanding Wall Street’s Reach Worldwide
- Our friends at WHO WHAT WHY also have THIS BOOK EXCERPT: All The President’s Bankers Kennedy vs. The Bankers
- And watch this DN! interview All the Presidents’ Bankers: Nomi Prins on the Secret History of Washington-Wall Street Collusion
- And POLITICO.com has this overview All the Presidents' Bankers Who rules America?
- Part One - "The Program": How did the gov't come to spy on millions of Americans?
- Part Two - "Privacy Lost": How Silicon Valley feeds the NSA's global dragnet
- How the NSA Can Get Onto Your Computer Evan Wexler and Elias Mallette
- Podcast: How to Protect Yourself (and Your Data) Online Evan Wexler and Elias Mallette
- How the U.S. Gov’t Turned Silicon Valley Into a Surveillance Partner Sarah Childress and Michelle Mizner
- WaPo - "UN : Spread of polio now a worldwidehealth emergency" http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/un-spread-of-polio-now-an-world-health-emergency/2014/05/05/5c0aa5a2-d447-11e3-8f7d-7786660fff7c_story.html We're unable to locate the page you requested
- Stamford Advocate - "UN : Spread of polio now a worldwidehealth emergency" http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/medical/article/UN-Spread-of-polio-now-a-world-health-emergency-5453251.php Item Not Found
- Cooperating with the feds is better than fighting them. ........... Attorney General Eric Holder said Monday The company’s “poor cooperation in the investigation” helped lead to criminal charges, according to Reuters. As a result the bank faces a fine roughly three and a half times what UBS paid.
- Even pleading guilty to criminal charges won’t hurt a big bank’s bottom line. While Credit Suisse is the biggest bank to plead out criminal charges in 20 years, the deal seems unlikely to put any lasting dent in the company’s ability to make lots of money. Despite the size of the fine, the bank “expects no ‘material impact’
on its operations from the settlement,” according to the Wall Street Journal. Credit Suisse will recoup the cost of the settlement within a few months, as the Huffington Post’s Mark Gongloff notes. ........ The bank still isn’t turning over the names of its American tax cheat clients, something that has been a key point of contention in U.S.-Swiss law enforcement negotiations in recent years.
- Megabanks are still “too big to jail.” ............ Yet despite the size and formality of the scheme, senior executives do not face criminal charges and will not even be forced out of their jobs under the settlement. A handful of junior bankers have been charged but that’s where the individual consequences end. Compare Credit Suisse’s experience with that of Wegelin & Co., a much smaller bank that was also Switzerland’s oldest. That firm pleaded guilty to American charges and then closed its doors forever
- At the heart of the class-action lawsuits is a storm that hit the Chicago area on April 17, 2013, described by CBS station WBBM as so bad that some neighborhoods were only navigable by boat. The storm also shut down major expressways and flooded hundreds of basements and streets. ..........
- “The defendant knew or should have known that climate change in Cook County has resulted in greater rain fall [sic] volume, greater rainfall intensity and greater rainfall duration than pre-1970 rainfall history evidenced, resulting in greater stormwater runoff,” the lawsuit says … ............
- BillORightsMan: wait - let me get this straight - more supported sexual encounters than atheists?
- mikemalloy: BillORightsMan yes
- limiting exposure to fuel and exhaust
- avoiding second-hand tobacco smoke
- not purchasing stain-resistant items
- buying furniture without polyurethane foam or asking for foam not treated with flame retardants
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Scott Armstrong, former Washington Post reporter and the founder of the National Security Archive, Randy Goodman, a photojournalist who worked and traveled with William Worthy, Jeremy Scahill, co-founder of TheIntercept.org "The Most Important Journalist You’ve Never Heard Of": Remembering William Worthy (1921-2014) We spend the hour remembering the pioneering journalist William Worthy, who died earlier this month at the age of 92. During the height of the Cold War, Worthy defied the U.S. government by reporting from the Soviet Union, Cuba, China, Iran, North Vietnam and Algeria. He also worked closely with many African-American leaders, including A. Philip Randolph and Malcolm X. In the late 1950s, the State Department refused to renew his passport after he returned from a reporting trip into China. Despite not having a passport, Worthy traveled to Cuba in 1961 — two years after the Cuban revolution — and interviewed Fidel Castro. He was arrested upon returning to the United States — not for traveling to Cuba but for entering the United States illegally — an American citizen without a passport.
- Sen. Al Franken Sen. Al Franken: Media Mega-Mergers and FCC Rollback of Net Neutrality Threaten Democracy
- James Henry, former chief economist at McKinsey & Co., now a senior adviser to the Tax Justice Network Too Big to Jail? Credit Suisse Bank Pleads Guilty to Decades of Tax Evasion, But Execs Avoid Prison
- MORE James Henry As Another Major Bank Avoids Jail, Occupy Wall Street Protester Cecily McMillan Gets 3-Month Term
- Ryan Devereaux, staff reporter with The Intercept Snowden Docs Reveal NSA, DEA Teamed Up to Record Every Cell Phone Call in Bahamas
- Dr. Vincent Harding, historian, author and civil rights activist Remembering Historian Vincent Harding, Who Drafted Dr. Martin Luther King’s Anti-Vietnam War Speech
- Scott Horton, human rights attorney and contributing editor at Harper’s Magazine The Guantánamo "Suicides" Revisited: Did CIA Hide Deaths of Tortured Prisoners at Secret Site?
- MORE Scott Horton Facing Senate Uproar, Obama Admin to Release Memo Justifying Drone Killings of Americans Overseas
- Robert Greenwald, founder and president of Brave New Films Koch Brothers Exposed: The Chilling New Documentary Republicans Don’t Want You to See
- Daniel Schulman, senior editor at Mother Jones magazine Behind the Koch Brothers: New Book Spills the Secrets of Nation’s Most Powerful & Private Dynasty To talk more about the Koch brothers, we turn now to Daniel Schulman. He’s a senior editor at Mother Jones magazine, and his new book, just out this week, is "Sons of Wichita: How the Koch Brothers Became America’s Most Powerful and Private Dynasty". The story is based on hundreds of interviews with Koch family and friends, as well as thousands of pages of legal documents.
- Juan Gonzalez, Democracy Now! co-host and Daily News columnist NYC Suspends Massive 911 System Overhaul to Probe Lengthy Delays, $1 Billion Over Budget
- Ladar Levison, founder, owner and operator of Lavabit Lavabit Founder: Gov’t "Bold-Faced Lies" & Mass Surveillance Effort Forced Me to Close My Company
- Cheryl Pilate, one of the lead attorneys for Russell Bucklew Missouri Death Row Prisoner Wins Stay in Case Challenging Secrecy, Undue Suffering in US Executions
- Dave Zirin, sports columnist for The Nation magazine and host of Edge of Sports Radio on SiriusXM Brazil’s Dance with the Devil: Dave Zirin on the People’s Revolt Challenging 2014 World Cup
- John Sifton, Asia advocacy director for Human Rights Watch After Latest Coup in Thailand, Will U.S. Rethink Military Ties to Longtime Asian Ally?
- Mary Fitzgerald, journalist based in Libya & Sharif Abdel Kouddous, independent journalist, Democracy Now! correspondent based in Cairo As Washington Focuses on Another Benghazi Probe, Could a Civil War Be Brewing in Libya?
- Francisco "Papas Fritas" Tapia Exclusive: Chilean Robin Hood? Artist Known as "Papas Fritas" on Burning $500M Worth of Student Debt
- Journalist Iona Craig based in Sana’a, Yemen for the last three-and-a-half years Iona Craig: Dire Situation in Yemen as Backlash Grows from U.S.-Backed Offensive Against al-Qaeda
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW Jackson Rising: Creating the Mondragon of the South Could Jackson, Mississippi become the capital of cooperative economics in the south? Mayor Chokwe Lumumba imagined it this way, championing a vision of solidarity economics to heal the city's economic wounds and move forward into a new, more inclusive economy. ........ more!
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» INDYCAR ON ABC The Greatest Spectacle in Racing! It's the 98th Running of the Indianapolis 500! View this year's Indianapolis 500 Starting Grid HERE! Ed Carpenter is on The Pole @ 231.067 mph and James Hinchcliffe (230.839 ) & Will Power (230.697) join him on the front row! Shaping up to be one of the all-time FASTEST Indy 500s ever! Coverage begins @ 11 am et! »»» NASCAR ON FOX It's the Coca-Cola 600 from Charlotte Motor Speedway! 48 Jimmie Johnson is on The Pole @ 194.911 mph with Brad Keselowski also on the front row @ 194.567 mph! Also very fast! Coverage begins @ 6 pm et! »»» SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Cardinals @ Reds 8 pm et »»» MONDAY DOUBLEHEADER on ESPN Red Sox @ Braves 1 pm et THEN Yankees @ Cardinals 4 pm et »»» TUESDAY DOUBLEHEADER on ESPN Red Sox @ Braves 7 pm et THEN Reds @ Dodgers 10 pm et »»» NBA on ESPN & TNT Conference Playoffs! SUNDAY TNT 8:30 pm et Spurs at Thunder Game 3 - Spurs lead 2-0; MONDAY ESPN 8:30 pm et Pacers at Heat Game 4 - Heat lead 2-1. More games all week on TNT & ESPN!
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet The Federal Communications Commission is proposing rules that would kill — rather than protect — Net Neutrality and allow rampant discrimination online. Under these rules, telecom giants like AT&T, Comcast and Verizon would be able to pick winners and losers online and discriminate against online content and applications. And no one would be able to do anything about it. We must stop the FCC from moving forward with these rules, which would give the green light to ISPs eager to crush Net Neutrality. The agency can preserve Net Neutrality only by designating broadband as a telecommunications service under the law. Anything else is an attack on our rights to connect and communicate. Tell FCC Chairman Wheeler to throw out his proposed rules. Demand nothing less than real Net Neutrality. SIGN NOW at Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet at freepress.net NOW. Join the Day of Action on May 15! The Internet will rise up online and take to the streets. SIGN UP HERE to learn more!
Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice. These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation! NEW!!! NATION ACTION! Stop the Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger! GO THERE NOW!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the "Chelsea Manning Support Network" March 19, 2014. By CMSN. PVT Manning has filed to change her name legally to "Chelsea Elizabeth Manning" and to receive hormone therapy. To show our support in this struggle, we are renaming ourselves to the "Chelsea Manning Support Network." ..... UPDATE! Defending Democracy: A presentation by Chelsea Manning's defense team, now on youtube! April 19, 2014. See Chelsea Manning's new defense team, Nancy Hollander and Vincent Ward, give their first public presentation alongside NSA whistleblower Thomas Drake, FBI whistleblower Mike German, and Support Network Organizer Emma Cape..... AND Update 4/5/14: Today marks the fourth anniversary of the release of Collateral Murder It has been four years since the public became witness to Collateral Murder, the shocking video which exposed the murder of innocent civilians and two Reuters journalists, which was released by Chelsea Manning and then published by WikiLeaks on April 5, 2010. .....
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
Meet ABC News' Newest Contributor, Laura Ingraham 10 Moments That Illustrate The Right-Wing Radio Host's Fringe Viewpoints And Disdain For Civil Discourse - Ingraham has repeatedly engaged in inflammatory and hateful rhetoric, lobbing numerous attacks against everyone from President Obama to people who receive government assistance to her favorite target, immigrants. Here are 10 hateful moments from Ingraham in the past year...
• Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America founder and CEO Paul Rieckhoff
• former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman
• Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the joint chiefs of staff,
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News political analyst Matthew Dowd, Republican strategist and ABC News contributor Ana Navarro, ABC News contributor and former Obama White House senior adviser David Plouffe and Daily Beast contributor and Republican pollster Kristen Soltis Anderson.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn.
• Sen. John Thune, R-S.D
• Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill.
• Steven Silverman, lawyer representing a group of retired NFL players who accuse the league of supplying them with powerful painkillers
• ROUNDTABLE: Dana Priest and David Finkel of the Washington Post, Tom Manion
• ROUNDTABLE II: NFL lawsuit with Steve Silverman, the attorney representing players in the case, as well as sports reporters Jarrett Bell of USA Today and Sean Gregory of Time.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• CBS' '60 Minutes' admits to faking Tesla car noise
• Coming Up Sunday, May 25 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• The War Within: Treating PTSD
• Sex matters: Drugs can affect sexes differently
• Liam Neeson's success and sorrow
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Pre-empted by Formula One auto racing.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• Rep. Jeff Miller (R-FL)
• Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt.
• Gov. Mike Pence, R-Ind.
• Wes Moore – Army veteran, advocate, and filmmaker on his mission to highlight the troubles veterans face re-adjusting to life back home.
• ROUNDTABLE: Penny Lee, Corey Dade, and Alex Castellanos
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!! Featuring the H.O.R.N./Malloy skype group! Listen here NOW! Friday, May 23rd, 2014 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - May 22, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Pope Francis calls on Christians to protect Creation --- or else!; Evangelical environmentalists organizing to address climate change; CNN's chief says climate change too boring to cover; PLUS: Meet your newest national monument: Organ Pipes Desert Peaks, in NM... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see links at site): Pat Sajak, newest climate denial scientist; Innovation: A new way to harness waste heat; China’s global search for energy; Japan court rules against nuclear restart in rare ruling; USDA: Honeybee death rate too high for long-term survival; Heatwave in Australia breaks new records; Oil spills up 18% in US over last year alone; NC GOP pushes bill to punish fracking disclosures as a felony; Germany: clean energy success story or cautionary tale? ... PLUS: I Don’t Want to Be Right: Why people persist in believing things that just aren't true ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - May 20, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: CA Governor warns climate change is here, and getting very expensive; Biblical flooding in Bosnia, Serbia and Croatia; Insurance Co. sues Chicago for failing to prepare for climate change; PLUS: India's new PM pledges solar across the nation... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADCAST! Democracy, Rights and Health Care for All: KPFK 'BradCast' GUESTS: Dr. Margaret Flowers from Popular Resistance; Christina Tobin from Free And Equal Foundation; and MUCH MORE...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! California Bans Undisclosed 'Dark Money' in Elections After out-of-state Koch Brothers-funded non-profits were busted spending $15 million to secretly influence two ballot initiatives in 2012, the Golden State takes action to prevent it...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! CA Green Party Candidate for Sec. of State Defames BRAD BLOG in Published Statement David Curtis publishes false allegations 'to' radio station, claims we 'invented' his position on Internet Voting, 'fabricate' stories...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Huh?!: Gun Safety Advocate Calls E-Voting 'Fool-Proof' Appearing on MSNBC to advocate for 'smart gun' technology, Mark Glaze offers puzzling, troubling, wildly inaccurate, insane assertion ....
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! VIDEO! James O'Keefe's Awesome Flim-Flam 'Frack Film' Fail As MSNBC's Chris Hayes says: 'If it's a James O'Keefe bombshell, you just wait a day for it to be debunked'. And whaddaya know...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment 21 May 2014 PBC News & Comment: WikiLeaks Challenges Greenwald to Disclose NSA-Targeted Nation WikiLeaks, others push for full disclosure, as Greenwald argues that revealing second nation subject to "full take" may risk lives…
• PBC News & Comment 22 May 2014 PBC News & Comment: Ed Schultz Cancels His Syndicated Radio Show Another one bites the dust: Ed Schultz ends syndicated radio show after 10 years, will shift to one-hour daily webcast…..
• PBC News & Comment 23 May 2014 PBC News & Comment: Bad Week in Washington for Progressive Issues Some serious setbacks in Washington this week on surveillance reform, a bad judicial nomination, attempt to fix NDAA detention clause….
• PBC Standard Podcast May 22, 2014 Peace Activist Mike Marino is Re-introducing His 'Pease' Flag From the 1970's Sharing stories of small-world coincidences, Mike Marino is looking for your support to re-launch his “Pease” flag during this time of conflict in many parts of our world.
• PBC Standard Podcast May 23, 2014 Pulitzer Prize Winner Jo Becker Offers Inside View of the Struggle to Overturn Prop 8 Pulitzer Prize winning reporter Jo Becker of the NY Times goes in-depth on her new book, "Forcing the Spring: Inside the Fight for Marriage Equality".
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! May 24, 2014 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• Progressive radio and TV host Thom Hartmann will tell us why the American middle class has disappeared.
• Best-selling author Cliff Schecter will give us his take on this week’s GOP primaries.
• And Sabrina Stevens from the group Integrity in Education will tell us why the charter school system is riddled with fraud.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! May 10, 2014 Sundays at NOON!
»» Howard Nations is going to tell us about the money coming from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Koch Brothers that is going into judicial and state attorney general races.
»» Author David Neiwert will give us the latest details on the Cliven Bundy saga, including how his militia groups are turning on each other.
»» Thom Hartmann is going to explain what happened to the American middle class.
»» Michael Burg will tell us why major corporations are leaving America to avoid paying taxes to support the system that made them wealthy.
»» And Sam Seder will talk about the biggest news stories of the past week that the corporate-controlled media refused to cover.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on May 10, 2014 by Joshua De Leon - Ring of Fire’s top stories from the past week.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on May 24, 2014 by Joshua De Leon
• VIDEO! RFK, Jr. and Seder: GOP Cannot Accept Climate Science (VIDEO) In the midst of countless climate studies that claim climate change is real and humans are certainly having an effect on it, the GOP continues to display their ignorance to it. Are they truly ignorant, or are they only putting on a show to appease their corporate backers? Ring of Fire’s Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. and Sam Seder discuss this, including Marco Rubio’s senseless comments that started the week.
• VIDEO! Obama’s FCC Payoff To Corporations Who SPY ON YOU Tom Wheeler, chairman of the FCC, knows how the game is played in Washington, D.C. He understands that there is a quid pro quo system in place that rewards those who act like loyal lapdogs for the administration (not just this administration, but whoever happens to be in power at the time.) And after years of being servants to the federal government, telecom giants are about to get the big payday they’ve been waiting for. ..........
• VIDEO! RFK, Jr. and Seder: U.S. Postal Service Fighting for Survival (VIDEO) Ring of Fire’s Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. and Sam Seder discuss the protest by many U.S. Postal Service workers against a deal with Staples that could threaten their jobs.
• VIDEO! Systemic Fraud Uncovered In Privatized Schools This segment originally aired on the May 18th, 2014 episode of Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 5/19/14 Juan Cole: Did India Elect a Neo-Fascist? & the Why of the Turkey Mine Explosion
• TUESDAY 5/20/14 The Common Core Conspiracy, 2014 Graduates Are Screwed & Shutting Down Gitmo
• WEDNESDAY 5/21/14 Dave Weigel: Whither the Tea Party?
• THURSDAY 5/22/14 Stephanie Kelton: What You Think You Know About Money is Wrong
• FRIDAY 5/23/14 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Randy Credico
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• VIDEO! Running Dry: UK fossil fuel reserves to end in 5 yrs by maxkeiser
• VIDEO! Putin on Snowden: Russia not kind of country which gives up those who are fighting for human rights by maxkeiser
• The Essential Role of Volatility, Stress and Dissent by Charles Hugh Smith — The individual or system that never experiences dissent, volatility or stress is systemically unhealthy and increasingly prone to sudden “gosh, I didn’t see this coming” collapse. To say that volatility, stress, dissent are not just healthy, but essential for maintaining health sounds counter-intuitive. On an individual level, we try to avoid exertion, stress and crisis, and on a larger systemic level, our institutions devote enormous resources to minimizing systemic volatility and suppressing dissent. In other words, the notion that stress and dissent are to be avoided is scale-invariant: it works the same for individuals, households, enterprises, economies, governments and empires. MORE .......
• Is Wall Street killing its bankers? by Stacy Herbert - READ Bloomberg View: Is Wall Street killing its bankers? "It’s probably just a sad coincidence, but the sudden deaths since December of a group of young men who worked for JPMorgan Chase & Co. (or who once did) have conspiracy theorists in a tizzy."
• Another suicide in the world of high finance by Stacy Herbert — Stacy Summary: Yet another suicide by a prominent member of high finance. This time a senior private equity and M&A lawyer. READ Prominent private-equity lawyer Stephen Hertz has died, an apparent suicide at the age of 55. (finalternatives.com)
• KEISER REPORT [KR603] Keiser Report: Positive Money We discuss trading houses for silver, but not gold, in China and hoarding houses like gold in London. In the second half, Max interviews Ben Dyson of PositiveMoney.org about what the economy and banking system would look like with positive money.
• KEISER REPORT [KR604] Keiser Report: Wrong Side of Apartheid Wall We make an Eric Pickles sized analogy for bankers operating in the dark and, thus, committing more crimes… not fewer. We also discuss Ben Bernanke as the Pastor Ezekiel of central banking as he commands high fees to provide spiritual guidance to hedge fund managers. In the second half, Max interviews Mitch Feierstein about the Bank of England’s balance sheet, Italian yields and revolution in the UK!
• KEISER REPORT [KR605] Keiser Report: Vietnam of Financial Fraud We discuss Max’s personal Vietnam called ‘HSBC Now’ and he is going up the Thames River of financial fraud to meet George Osborne who is sitting on a pile of skulls of the victims of austerity. We also discuss the wishes and knishes of misallocated capital. In the second half, Max interviews Andrew ‘Weev’ Auernheimer about a hedge fund called TRO LLC and a StartJOIN crowdfunding campaign to raise money to register the fund. They also discuss Weev’s lawsuit against the US government seeking compensation for wrongful imprisonment and he will only accept bitcoin as the US Federal Reserve note is backed by fraud and violence.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS The Truth About Markets in Sheffield Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday from 3-5 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream.......
• Scott Horton Radio Show 05/19/14 The Other Scott Horton: The Other Scott Horton, human rights lawyer and writer for Harper’s Magazine, discusses new information on the 2006 Guantanamo “suicides” and the government’s cover-up; the secret CIA facility where prisoners were subjected to “learned helplessness” torture and recruited as informants; evidence that one of the three “suicide” victims remained alive for hours after the event and was denied medical help; and why the DOJ is unlikely to prosecute anyone involved.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 05/22/14 Cindy Corrie: Cindy Corrie, President of the BTVRachel Corrie Foundation for Peace & Justice, discusses her appeal to Israel’s Supreme Court for the wrongful death of her daughter Rachel, a human rights activist who was killed in 2003 by an IDF bulldozer in Gaza.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 05/22/14 Patrick Cockburn: Patrick Cockburn, an award-winning journalist with The Independent, discusses the rival militias positioning themselves for civil war in Libya; the surprise coup by (probably CIA-connected) General Khalifa Hifter; and Obama’s response to his own policies that have aided Al Qaeda’s efforts in the region.
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Derek Bennett, Chief of Staff of Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans of America
• Dr. Margaret Moxness, a VA hospital whistleblower
• Sen Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml