Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
NSA's Worst Nightmare The NSA's (and by extension the Obomber Administration and the massive "Top Secret America" spying complex) worst nightmare is a well-spoken handsome young man who risked everything to tell us how every single email, tweet, phone call, text and every electronic communication has been monitored and/or sucked up by the National Security Agency and others WORLD-WIDE WITHOUT WARRANT or PROBABLE CAUSE. In his first American television interview with NBC News anchor Brian Williams former intelligence expert Edward Snowden speaks to the American peeps on a major U.S. teevee network reaching millions of previously misinformed citizens that Congresspeeps and many "news" echo chambers have previously deemed ES "a traitor". Most peeps irrationally maintain "they have nothing to hide" when in fact anyone with a "smart" phone keeps their entire life on their device or "in the cloud". The SCOTUS in fact is hearing a case now to rule on warrantless searches of electronic devices where "Cops want access, without warrants, to electronic devices of everybody arrested." More on all of this in a bit!
We're working on more stories we'll post later today so please check out all our regulars! Throw Bricks at RNC's Rinse My Proboscis on FAKE SNOOZE, House "Intelligence" (BENGHAZI!) Chairman Mike Rogers on State of the Candy, U.S. Secretary of Defense CHUCK HAGEL on Meet the David AND former Head Spook General Michael Hayden on Face the Bob PLUS National Security Advisor Susan Rice on This SNAFUgopolis (who takes advice from Victoria Nuland who specifically asked the CIA to delete a BENGHAZI! paragraph citing prior attacks) & ReTHUGlican tea-bagger fave Sen. Ted Cruz of gawdallmighty secessionist Texas! If yer just tuning in to BTV Victoria Nuland is dedicated wife of PNAC's uberneocon ROBERT KAGEN and also was featured in a now-infamous ‘Fuck the EU’: US diplomat Victoria Nuland's phonecall describing who "we" want in control of Ukraine (Yats) who amazingly "gets what she wanted" Ukraine Parliament elects pro-EU Yatsenyuk as Prime Minister that Tyler Durdan exposes further "Behind The Kiev Snipers It Was Somebody From The New Coalition" - A Stunning New Leak Released. The BTV Crew are not fans of Susan Rice. Or Victoria Nuland. Or Robert Kagen. Or all the NeoCONS or the NeoLIBS. By any stretch.
We'll be Right Back later today with more STUFF! Stay Tuned!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
BTV Contributor jen got this press release from MoveOn.org!
- Senator Elizabeth Warren and Professor Thomas Piketty, author of the #1 New York Times bestselling book "Capital in the Twenty-First Century", are two of the leading voices on economic inequality. This Monday, June 2, at 8:30 p.m. ET (7:30 CT/6:30 MT/5:30 PT), MoveOn is broadcasting their dialogue for the first time, courtesy of HuffPo Live and in partnership with the Patriotic Millionaires. And when they talk, they'll be answering questions submitted by MoveOn members like you.
- What: A Conversation with Sen. Elizabeth Warren & Prof. Thomas Piketty
- Where: It's a virtual watch party! You can watch the broadcast Monday night from your computer, or a friend's.
- When: Monday, June 2, at 8:30 p.m. ET (7:30 CT/6:30 MT/5:30 PT)
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Dr. Vincent Harding, historian, theologian and civil rights activist Remembering Vincent Harding, the Civil Rights Activist Who Wrote MLK’s Speech Against Vietnam War Today we spend the hour remembering the pioneering historian, theologian and civil rights activist Dr. Vincent Harding. He died on May 19 at the age of 82 in Philadelphia. He lived in Denver, but was in Pennsylvania where he had been teaching at Pendle Hill, a Quaker retreat center. Harding was a close adviser to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and wrote King’s famous antiwar speech, "Beyond Vietnam: A Time to Break the Silence." King delivered the address at Riverside Church in New York City on April 4, 1967 — exactly one year before he was assassinated in Memphis. .........
- Christopher Miller, an editor at Kyiv Post, who has been based in Ukraine for four years Will Election Unite Ukraine? Dozens Killed in Airport Battle as President-Elect Vows Russia Talks
- Rebecca Solnit, writer, historian and activist #YesAllWomen: Rebecca Solnit on the Santa Barbara Massacre & Viral Response to Misogynist Violence
- Anand Gopal, journalist and a fellow at the New America Foundation Obama Extends Nation’s Longest War to 2016, Leaving Afghan Civilians in U.S.-Taliban Crossfire
- Dayo Olopade, Nigerian-American journalist & Carl LeVan, assistant professor at American University’s School of International Service In Aiding Rescue of Kidnapped Schoolgirls in Nigeria, Will U.S. Expand Military Foothold in Africa?
- Sharif Abdel Kouddous, Democracy Now! correspondent in Cairo Egyptian Regime Scrambles to Boost Low Turnout in Election Sealing General Sisi’s Grip on Power
- Sonia Sanchez, renowned writer, poet, playwright, activist "A Peace Warrior": Poet, Civil Rights Activist Maya Angelou Remembered by Sonia Sanchez
- Ta-Nehisi Coates, national correspondent at The Atlantic The Case for Reparations: Ta-Nehisi Coates on Reckoning With U.S. Slavery & Institutional Racism An explosive new cover story in the June issue of The Atlantic magazine by the famed essayist Ta-Nehisi Coates has rekindled a national discussion on reparations for American slavery and institutional racism. Read: "The Case for Reparations" By Ta-Nehisi Coates (The Atlantic)
- Pablo Alvarado, Director of the National Day Laborers Organizing Network Obama Continues Record Deportations, Delays Immigration Reforms In Order to Court Republicans
- Aviva Chomsky, professor of history and coordinator of Latin American studies at Salem State University in Massachusetts “How Immigration Became Illegal”: Aviva Chomsky on U.S. Exploitation of Migrant Workers
- Ta-Nehisi Coates, national correspondent at The Atlantic Part 2: Ta-Nehisi Coates on Segregation, Housing Discrimination and “The Case for Reparations”
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW Collective Courage: A Conversation on Cooperation in African-American Communities When Farah Tanis began to meet with a group of low-income women to discuss their economic challenges, she found that nine out of ten were survivors of domestic violence. "Most of us had grown up in poverty and we started looking at what were the systemic causes of poverty for us.... We started looking at economic security as a human right and an extension of the Civil Rights."....... more!
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NASCAR ON TNT NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Pocono from Pocono Raceway! Coverage begins @ 1 pm et! »»» SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Pirates @ Dodgers 8 pm et »»» MONDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Royals @ Cardinals 8 pm et »»» NBA Championship on ABC Heat @ Spurs Game 1 at 9 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet The Federal Communications Commission is proposing rules that would kill — rather than protect — Net Neutrality and allow rampant discrimination online. Under these rules, telecom giants like AT&T, Comcast and Verizon would be able to pick winners and losers online and discriminate against online content and applications. And no one would be able to do anything about it. We must stop the FCC from moving forward with these rules, which would give the green light to ISPs eager to crush Net Neutrality. The agency can preserve Net Neutrality only by designating broadband as a telecommunications service under the law. Anything else is an attack on our rights to connect and communicate. Tell FCC Chairman Wheeler to throw out his proposed rules. Demand nothing less than real Net Neutrality. SIGN NOW at Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet at freepress.net NOW. Join the Day of Action on May 15! The Internet will rise up online and take to the streets. SIGN UP HERE to learn more!
Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice. These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation! NEW!!! NATION ACTION! Stop the Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger! GO THERE NOW!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the "Chelsea Manning Support Network" March 19, 2014. By CMSN. PVT Manning has filed to change her name legally to "Chelsea Elizabeth Manning" and to receive hormone therapy. To show our support in this struggle, we are renaming ourselves to the "Chelsea Manning Support Network." ..... UPDATE! Defending Democracy: A presentation by Chelsea Manning's defense team, now on youtube! April 19, 2014. See Chelsea Manning's new defense team, Nancy Hollander and Vincent Ward, give their first public presentation alongside NSA whistleblower Thomas Drake, FBI whistleblower Mike German, and Support Network Organizer Emma Cape..... AND Update 4/5/14: Today marks the fourth anniversary of the release of Collateral Murder It has been four years since the public became witness to Collateral Murder, the shocking video which exposed the murder of innocent civilians and two Reuters journalists, which was released by Chelsea Manning and then published by WikiLeaks on April 5, 2010. .....
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
Meet ABC News' Newest Contributor, Laura Ingraham 10 Moments That Illustrate The Right-Wing Radio Host's Fringe Viewpoints And Disdain For Civil Discourse - Ingraham has repeatedly engaged in inflammatory and hateful rhetoric, lobbing numerous attacks against everyone from President Obama to people who receive government assistance to her favorite target, immigrants. Here are 10 hateful moments from Ingraham in the past year...
• National Security Advisor Susan Rice
• Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas
• Remembering the lasting legacy of the great author and poet Maya Angelou
• ROUNDTABLE: Weekly Standard editor and ABC News contributor Bill Kristol, Tavis Smiley of “The Tavis Smiley Show,” New Yorker editor David Remnick and Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Gen. Michael Hayden, the former director of both the NSA and the CIA
• ROUNDTABLE: David Ignatius of The Washington Post, David E. Sanger of The New York Times, Leigh Gallagher of Fortune magazine and our Congressional Correspondent Nancy Cordes.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• CBS' '60 Minutes' admits to faking Tesla car noise
• Coming Up Sunday, June 1 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• Shooting at Chardon High - When shots rang out in an Ohio high school, coach Frank Hall ran toward them instead of away. Six students were shot, three died, but Hall’s actions saved an untold number of young lives.
• Is the F-35 worth it? - David Martin gets an inside look at what makes the $400 billion F-35 Joint Strike Fighter the most expensive weapons system in history.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• U.S. DEFENSE SECRETARY CHUCK HAGEL
• Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL)
• Paul Rieckhoff, IAVA Founder and Executive Director
• Michael Bloomberg, Fmr. New York City Mayor
• Chuck Todd, NBC News Political Director & Chief White House Correspondent
• Maria Shriver, NBC News Special Anchor
• Tom Brokaw, NBC News Special Correspondent
• ROUNDTABLE: Chuck Todd, NBC News Political Director & Chief White House Correspondent; Rana Forhoohar, TIME Assistant Managing Editor; Fmr. Rep. Jane Harman (D-CA); Newt Gingrich, Fmr. Republican Presidential Candidate & House Speaker (GA)
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• House Intelligence Chairman Mike Rogers
• General Jim Jones
• diplomat Nick Burns
• former Senator Jim Webb
• ROUNDTABLE: Neera Tanden and Kristen Soltis Anderson
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!! Featuring the H.O.R.N./Malloy skype group! Listen here NOW! Friday, May 30th, 2014 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - May 29, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Obama ups the rhetoric on action against global warming; Speaker Boehner says he's 'not qualified to debate climate science', but knows pollution regulations are bad; Majority of Americans support reducing emissions; Victory for fossil fuels over clean energy in Boehner's Ohio; PLUS: Solar. Freakin'. Roadways!!!... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see links at site): Wall St. Journal's 'shameful' climate denial; U.S. power plants already succeeding in reducing emissions; Something is killing baby puffins in the North Atlantic; Debunking the Chamber of Commerce's bogus claims; Coal industry export dreams withering away; Climate CoLab wants you to solve climate change; Exxon CEO: “No viable pathway” to reduce carbon emissions; Germans digging 'home-made' electricity.... PLUS: Corporate consolidation of farmland a risk to world food security: study ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - May 27, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Drought decimating Oklahoma wheat crop; Massive wildfires in Alaska; Strongest May hurricane on record in Pacific; California's oil is too hard to frack; PLUS: The politics of language: Americans care about climate change - just don't call it 'climate change'... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADCAST! Karger Wins Another and the Woeful State of the CA Sec. of State Race: KPFK 'BradCast' Former GOP Presidential candidate Fred Karger on anti-marriage equality group's record fine in Maine and more; And Brad rounds up the lousy choices in the June 3 CA primary...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Court Holds Off Newest GOP Voter Suppression Scheme (For Now) 10th Circuit stays ruling that would keep thousands of eligible voters from even being able to register to vote in KS, AZ...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! CA GOP Candidate for Sec. of State Dodges Photo ID Query After claiming to 'agree' with flip-flopping Sen. Rand Paul, Pete Peterson refuses to clarify his position to The BRAD BLOG on Republican voter suppression laws. UPDATE: Peterson finally responds...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! 'I'm Not a Scientist': Latest GOP Climate Denial Scheme And why the entire pretend climate change 'debate' is about little more than a handful of very very rich men...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Leading Scientists Urge World Health Org. to NOT Classify E-Cigs as Tobacco Products Experts tell WHO vaping 'part of the solution', 'could save hundreds of millions of lives'. UPDATED w/ much more from the full letter...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment 27 May 2014 PBC News & Comment: Welcome to the United States of Secrets On secret Afghanistan trip, Obama revealed his secret plan to delay withdrawal, and (secret) identity of CIA chief is exposed…..
• PBC News & Comment 30 May 2014 PBC News & Comment: Gen. Shinseki and Jay Carney Quit Obama Administration Quittin’ Time in DC: no surprise, Shinseki resigns. Unexpectedly, spokesman Jay Carney quits, to spend more time lying to his family….
• PBC Standard Podcast May 28, 2014 Journalist Steve Horn Returns to Update Monterey Shale’s Reduced Forecast, and Much More! Steve Horn of DeSmogBlog returns to update us on his recent reporting on fracking, climate change, oil-laden “bomb trains” and the massive networks of oil and gas pipelines in the US. And he details the royal treatment accorded disgraced ex-CIA chief David Petraeus on his recent visit to North Dakota.
• PBC Standard Podcast May 29, 2014 Lesbian Professor Suzanna D. Walters Will Reshape Your Thinking About Gay Liberation Suzanna Danuta Walters is Director of Northeastern U.’s Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies and Professor of Sociology, and joins us to talk about her new book "The Tolerance Trap". Warning: the book and this interview may disturb conventional thinking, and mess with your mind!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! May 30, 2014 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• David Atkins from Hullabaloo will tell us how the wealthy rigged our economy to keep the working class in poverty.
• AmericaBlog contributing editor Gaius Publius will tell us how the fossil fuel industry was able to water down the IPCC climate assessment.
• Author David Neiwert will give us the latest on the Bundy Ranch saga.
• And attorney Mike Burg will tell us about corporate America’s latest scheme to avoid paying taxes.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! May 31, 2014 Sundays at NOON!
»» Stephen Burg will tell us why Republicans are lining up to kiss the ring of billionaire conservatives.
»» Elliot Fineman, CEO of National Gun Victims Action Council, talks about the myth that carrying a weapon reduces violence.
»» Howard Nations will tell us about the Republicans’ complaints about Obama’s “imperialism,” while conveniently forgetting about the 8 years of Bush.
»» Author Michael T. Klare (The Race for What’s Left) will join us to discuss the new UN IPCC report.
»» Mark Godsey, director of the Ohio Innocence Project, will discuss his organization’s work to free wrongfully convicted prisoners.
»» Matthew Edling will tell us all about Wall Street’s attack on 401k programs.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on May 31, 2014 by Joshua De Leon - Ring of Fire’s top stories from the past week.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on May 24, 2014 by Joshua De Leon
• Sam Seder On Progressive Voices Our friend, Ed Schultz, will no longer be doing his regularly scheduled radio program. Thom Hartmann will be moving to Ed’s weekday spot from noon to 3 p.m. from his usual 3 – 6 p.m. slot. Sam Seder is taking the Ring of Fire radio show live weekday afternoons from 3-6 PM East and Noon – 3 PM West on radio stations nationwide, and The Progressive Voices Network on TuneIn. Listeners can also expect Mike Papantonio and Bobby Kennedy to drop by regularly. .........
• VIDEO! Republicans Backing Environmental Devastation (VIDEO) Ring of Fire’s Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. and Sam Seder discuss the Republican burial of anything and everything that could be energy saving and climate safe.
• VIDEO! Corporations Playing Both Sides of First Amendment (VIDEO) Ring of Fire’s Sam Seder discusses an appeals court case that targets U.S. meat labeling policies.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 5/23/14 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Randy Credico
• TUESDAY 5/27/14 Anthony Furey: Libertarian Showdown & A Major Announcement
• WEDNESDAY 5/28/14 Daniel Schulman: How the Koch Brothers Became America’s Most Powerful and Private Dynasty
• THURSDAY 5/29/14 Ari Paul: Fascism Wins in Europe: Blame Austerity
• FRIDAY 5/30/14 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter, Film Guy Matthew Weiss & a Surprise Guest
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• Couple Fined $746 for the Crime of Feeding Homeless People in Florida Park Michael Krieger — It is a well known historical trend that as discontent and dissent spread within a society, the power structure will look to demonize unpopular or weak minorities in order to deflect frustrations away from the true culprit, the power structure itself. Many feared in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 that Muslims would serve as such a scapegoat, and indeed in many ways this occurred, although not to the extent that many feared. In my opinion, it is homeless people that are being increasingly being demonized and treated as subhuman. I think that if we want to see how the state and crony corporate status quo will treat everyone in the future, all you have to do is look at the current “war on the homeless.” Read more here.........
• This Is What’s Wrong with the Legal System in America by Charles Hugh Smith — What else could we have done with the billions of dollars squandered on regulatory friction and the pursuit of questionable claims of damage? Behind the public-relations facade of “advocacy” and “justice,” much of the American legal system is unproductive regulatory friction and the pursuit of extortionist rentier skims. I recently received an email that reflects many aspects of this systemic reality. MORE .......
• JIM WILLIE: MODERN BATTLE OF THE BULGE AS RUSSIA DUMPS TBONDS THROUGH BELGIUM, BUYS GOLD! by The Doc - The detection of the rapid rise in USTreasury Bonds in the Belgium official central bank account has aroused broad and deep suspicions. The TIC report indicated that Russia indeed dumped a record $26 billion in January, equal to 20% of all of its holdings, bringing its post-March total to just over $100 billion. The question must be raised whether a hidden party has joined Russia in the dumping process. Clearly, the Belgium Bulge indicates a late stage of collapse. The game is fast changing, using big hidden channels in the monetary war. History might be repeating itself with a financial war-front Battle of the Belgium Bulge, a pincer movement to capture Western gold and form the Anti-USD Central Bank. The Belgium Bulge means a big Sovereign Type Entity is in the Game, who refuses to take losses but instead continues to post collateral with a goal toward taking Gold Delivery. Click here for the latest Hat Trick Letter on the financial Battle of the Bulge as Russia Dumps TBonds Through Belgium....
• Why Germany Destroys the U.S. in Innovation by Stacy Herbert — Stacy Summary: We’re number one!!! Another lie exposed. READ Why Germany Dominates the U.S. in Innovation (bloomberg.com) ...... Alas, in the US, even the industrial worker has bought the ideological line that paying workers higher incomes will destroy what remains of industry. Both Germany and the US, however, are democracies, so, at the end of the day, if Americans feel better sending their own jobs overseas whilst Wall St and the CEO collect most of the gains and innovation by design must fall behind, then that’s the system they want and choose. Maybe they are happier working at McDonald’s? To each his or her own.
• KEISER REPORT [KR606] Keiser Report: Bitcoin’s nefarious cousin Darkcoin We discuss bitcoin converts and the dual risk of deflation and inflation for holders of euros. Max asks “how is the euro a store of value when the ECB can just TAKE it from you during a ‘bail-in?’ In the second half, Max interviews Peter Todd, Chief Scientist & Architect of Dark Wallet and ZeroCash to discuss Dark Wallet, cryptocurrencies and a government sponsored 51% attack on the bitcoin community.
• KEISER REPORT [KR607] Keiser Report: Crack Boosted GDP We discuss driving GDP high on cocaine, banking fraud and new-fangled derivatives products. In the second half, Max interviews Satyajit Das about China’s debt problems and central banks’ printing presses.
• KEISER REPORT [KR608] Keiser Report: Failing Systems; Can’t Bust Banksters We discuss all systems fail due to too big to jail as the governor of the Bank of England claims jailing banksters won’t stop them from committing crimes in the future. Max also tells John Kerry to get his swift boat out. In the second half, Max interviews investment activist, Ronnie Moas, of StandpointResearch.com about the six companies in the S&P500 that he is blacklisting.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS The Truth About Markets in Sheffield Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday from 3-5 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt - http://kpfk.org), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream....... New show hours effective 5/26/2014: 12-3 PM Eastern!
• Scott Horton Radio Show 05/28/14 Andy Worthington: Andy Worthington, an investigative journalist, author, and filmmaker, discusses President Obama’s credibility problem on his repeated promises to close Guantanamo prison and release or prosecute the remaining prisoners.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 05/29/14 Jacob Hornberger: Jacob Hornberger, founder and president of The Future of Freedom Foundation, discusses Edward Snowden’s interview with NBC’s Brian Williams; reminding Americans that patriotism doesn’t mean blind obedience to government; Glenn Greenwald’s promise to reveal a list of US citizens spied on by the NSA; and why it’s time to pull out the impeachment papers on President Obama.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 05/29/14 Joshua Eaton: Journalist Joshua Eaton discusses what we’ve learned about NSA surveillance abuses from nearly a year of Edward Snowden’s revelations – helpfully compiled in a timeline at Al Jazeera America.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 05/30/14 Michael Scheuer: Michael Scheuer, former Chief of the CIA’s Bin Laden Issue Station, discusses how US foreign policy has made the Al Qaeda problem enormously larger than on 9/11; why it’s in the US national interest to fight a war in Nigeria; and the self-perpetuating nature of today’s jihad.
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Chairman of the Republican National Committee, Reince Priebus
• Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO)
• Rep Jeff Miller (R-FL)
• Phoenix VA hospital whistleblower, Dr. Sam Foote
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml