Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Snowden Revelations One Year Anniversary We'll get to our feature in a short but first we need to recap an ongoing saga of the GOPher obstructionistas in the "Do Nothing But Obstruct" Congress! NEWS FLASH! OBAMA THREATENED WITH IMPEACHMENT! Yes it's that time again in Congress! Working backward . . . . .
• June, 4th, 2014 politicususa.com Sen. Lindsey Graham Threatens Obama With Impeachment For Trying To Close GITMO
• January, 28th, 2014 politicususa.com John Boehner Threatens President Obama With Impeachment Over Use Of Executive Orders - The new talking point among Republicans now seems to be that the President is mad with power and is looking to trample on the Constitution by ignoring Congress.
• October 14, 2013 dailycurrant.com House Republicans Schedule Obama Impeachment Hearings - GOP Leaders Cite Inability to Halt Government Shutdown . . . Although most polls show that a majority of Americans blame Republicans for the shutdown, many in the Tea Party feel President Obama is at fault for not immediately acquiescing to their demands.
• May 10, 2013 Alex Seitz-Wald at Salon.com has the rest “Impeach Obama! Again!”
A GOP senator floats impeaching Obama on Benghazi. Here are 14 other crazy times they've made the same plea
- Fast and furious ....
- Boston bombing ....
- Joe Sestak ....
- Guns ....
- Debt ....
- Balanced budget ....
- Immigration ....
- DOMA ....
- Bush tax cuts ....
- Island giveaway conspiracy ....
- Recess appointments ....
- Libya ....
- Birth certificate ....
- Just existing ....
- The move to telecoms codifies changes in the chaining process that will almost certainly expand the universe of data being analyzed — potentially significantly
- In three ways, the bill would permit the use of phone chaining for purposes beyond counterterrorism, which isn’t currently permitted
- The bill weakens the minimization procedures on upstream Section 702 collection imposed by FISC Judge John Bates in 2011, making it easier for the government to collect and keep domestic content domestically
- The bill moves the authority to set minimization procedures for Pen Registers from FISC to the Attorney General (and weakens them significantly), thus eliminating the tool John Bates used to shut down illegal content-as-metadata collection
- “The coalition contends that FENOC’s shortcut on safety risks repeating the same sort of dangerous mistakes made at the San Onofre nuclear power plant in southern California. In January 2012 a steam generator tube rupture at San Onofre released radioactivity to the environment, and led to the discovery of widespread tube degradation in replacement steam generators just a year or two old.” “It’s really a big experiment,” Kamps contends, “but it’s turned into a multi-billion dollar fiasco at San Onofre.”
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Richard Clarke, Former top counterterrorism official under presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush before resigning in 2003 in protest of the Iraq War Former Counterterrorism Czar Richard Clarke: U.S. Drone Program Under Obama "Got Out of Hand" In a Democracy Now! special today, we spend the hour with Richard Clarke who served as the nation’s top counterterrorism official under President Clinton and Bush.......... Ex-Counterterrorism Czar Richard Clarke: Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld Committed War Crimes
- Bob Bergdahl Father of Freed U.S. Soldier: "Nobody Can Relate to Guantánamo Prisoners More Than Our Family" Bob Bergdahl talked to The Guardian’s Sean Smith in an exclusive interview. Smith first met Bowe while embedding with his unit in Afghanistan in 2009. Sean Smith will join us later in the program from London. But, first, we want to turn to the video that he made when he followed Bob Bergdahl around the Idaho countryside where the family lives.
- Sean Smith, Award-winning photographer and filmmaker for The Guardian Reporter: Bowe Bergdahl’s Fellow Soldiers Questioned Afghan War More Than He Did
- Col. Morris Davis, Retired Air Force colonel. Former Guantánamo Chief Prosecutor Defends American POW-Taliban Prisoner Swap
- Trevor Timm, Executive Director of the Freedom of the Press Foundation & Matthew Cooper, veteran Washington correspondent, and reporter for Newsweek After Supreme Court Rejects Appeal, Will Obama Jail New York Times Reporter James Risen?
- James Branum, lawyer who specializes in representing military deserters and conscientious objectors "There Were No Good Options": Bergdahl Should Get Honorable Discharge, Says Lawyer for Deserters
- Charles Glass, historian former ABC News Chief Middle East Correspondent Is Bowe Bergdahl a Deserter? If Freed POW Left Post, He Joins Ranks of Soldiers Moved by Conscience
- Cheryl Chastine, is the medical director and primary abortion provider at South Wind Women’s Center in Wichita, Kansas 5 Years After Dr. George Tiller’s Murder, A Doctor Braves Threats to Continue Abortions in Wichita
- Larry Schoen, a County Commissioner for Blaine County, Idaho Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl’s Idaho Hometown Cancels "Welcome Home" Celebration as Backlash Grows
- Brock McIntosh of Iraq Veterans Against the War Veteran: Politicians Using Freed POW Bowe Bergdahl as "Chess Piece to Win Political Matches"
- Kshama Sawant, newly elected socialist member of the Seattle City Council Seattle’s Socialist City Council Member Kshama Sawant Hails Historic Vote For $15/Hour Minimum Wage
- Janet Redman, director of the Climate Policy Program at the Institute for Policy Studies EPA Moves to Cut Coal Pollution, But Critics Say Plan Falls Short on Real Emissions Reduction
- Matthew Farwell, A writer for Rolling Stone magazine and an Afghan war veteran The Inside Story of Bowe Bergdahl: Afghan War Vet Matthew Farwell on "America’s Last POW"
- Andy Worthington, U.K.-based journalist & Frank Goldsmith, civil rights attorney who represents recently released Guantánamo detainee Khairullah Khairkhwa As U.S. Frees Five Taliban Members, Questions Remain Over Future of Guantánamo
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW Christine Schuler Deschryver: Healing at the City of Joy What does world mobilization to #BringBackOurGirls, look like to the women of Congo? ....... more!
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NASCAR ON TNT NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Pocono from Pocono Raceway! Coverage begins @ 1 pm et! »»» SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Red Sox @ Tigers 8 pm et »»» MONDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Dodgers @ Reds 7 pm et »»» NBA Championship on ABC Miami at San Antonio Game 2 - Spurs lead 1-0 at 8 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet The Federal Communications Commission is proposing rules that would kill — rather than protect — Net Neutrality and allow rampant discrimination online. Under these rules, telecom giants like AT&T, Comcast and Verizon would be able to pick winners and losers online and discriminate against online content and applications. And no one would be able to do anything about it. We must stop the FCC from moving forward with these rules, which would give the green light to ISPs eager to crush Net Neutrality. The agency can preserve Net Neutrality only by designating broadband as a telecommunications service under the law. Anything else is an attack on our rights to connect and communicate. Tell FCC Chairman Wheeler to throw out his proposed rules. Demand nothing less than real Net Neutrality. SIGN NOW at Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet at freepress.net NOW. Join the Day of Action on May 15! The Internet will rise up online and take to the streets. SIGN UP HERE to learn more!
Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice. These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation! NEW!!! NATION ACTION! Stop the Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger! GO THERE NOW!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the "Chelsea Manning Support Network" March 19, 2014. By CMSN. PVT Manning has filed to change her name legally to "Chelsea Elizabeth Manning" and to receive hormone therapy. To show our support in this struggle, we are renaming ourselves to the "Chelsea Manning Support Network." ..... UPDATE! Defending Democracy: A presentation by Chelsea Manning's defense team, now on youtube! April 19, 2014. See Chelsea Manning's new defense team, Nancy Hollander and Vincent Ward, give their first public presentation alongside NSA whistleblower Thomas Drake, FBI whistleblower Mike German, and Support Network Organizer Emma Cape..... AND Update 4/5/14: Today marks the fourth anniversary of the release of Collateral Murder It has been four years since the public became witness to Collateral Murder, the shocking video which exposed the murder of innocent civilians and two Reuters journalists, which was released by Chelsea Manning and then published by WikiLeaks on April 5, 2010. .....
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
Meet ABC News' Newest Contributor, Laura Ingraham 10 Moments That Illustrate The Right-Wing Radio Host's Fringe Viewpoints And Disdain For Civil Discourse - Ingraham has repeatedly engaged in inflammatory and hateful rhetoric, lobbing numerous attacks against everyone from President Obama to people who receive government assistance to her favorite target, immigrants. Here are 10 hateful moments from Ingraham in the past year...
• preview of Diane Sawyer’s exclusive interview with Hillary Clinton
• House Intelligence Committee Chair Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich
• Seattle Mayor Ed Murray
• ROUNDTABLE: Rep. Tom Cole, R-Okla., ABC News political analyst Matthew Dowd, Fusion’s “AM Tonight” host Alicia Menendez, former New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, Wall Street Journal editorial page editor Paul Gigot, and editor and publisher of The Nation Katrina vanden Heuvel.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D.-Calif.
• Sen. Saxby Chambliss
• journalist David Rohde, who was captured by the Taliban while reporting in Afghanistan in 2008
• ROUNDTABLE: Thomas L. Friedman of The New York Times, Peggy Noonan of The Wall Street Journal, David Gergen of Harvard University, and Michael Gerson of The Washington Post.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• CBS' '60 Minutes' admits to faking Tesla car noise
• Coming Up Sunday, June 8 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• Untreated mental illness an imminent danger?
• "The Jon Stewart of Egypt": Bassem Youssef
• A dangerous game of "cosmic roulette"?
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Pre-empted by coverage of the French Open.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• Secretary of State John Kerry
• retired Gen. James “Mad Dog” Mattis, who has kept in touch with the Bergdahl family, retired Lt. Gen. William Boykin, and retired Maj. Gen. Paul Eaton.
• State of the Union extra: John Kerry reflects on his roots with an exclusive tour of the French village where his grandparents met before World War II.
• ROUNDTABLE: Donna Brazile, Jackie Calmes and Ana Navarro
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!! Featuring the H.O.R.N./Malloy skype group! Listen here NOW! Friday, June 6th, 2014 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - June 5, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Republicans attack Obama EPA's proposed CO2 emissions standards... but they were FOR emissions cuts before they were against them; Good news for endangered wolves; PLUS: Los Angeles oil spill exposes gaping hole in pipeline oversight ... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see links at site): Pessimist Ezra Klein's 7 reasons America will fail on climate change; G7 leaders back 2015 climate deal to build on U.S. momentum; Report: faulty blowout preventer, corporate culture at fault in BP oil disaster; Court rejects BP suit to avoid paying federal fines and damages for Gulf spill; Corporate spies infiltrated Australia anti-coal group; CA fracking moratorium voted down by oil-funded legislators; China aims to cap greenhouse gas output soon; Monarch butterfly decline linked to spread of GM crops ... PLUS: Latest 'COSMOS' Episode on Global Warming Turns a 'Denier' into 'Believer' ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - June 3, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Green News Report Special Coverage: President Obama's EPA unveils historic new proposed standards to cut carbon pollution from power plants nationwide, to take action on climate change... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADCAST! Stealing Voters Rights and Saving the World:
KPFK 'BradCast' Brad unpacks this week's primary election in CA and disenfranchisement of voters in AL; Desi Doyen joins in to make sense of the week's landmark EPA announcement...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! 'Keep Peeing in the Pool!': Denier Group Responds to New EPA CO2 Standards The 7 most hilarious actual responses from the fossil fuel-funded Heartland Institute...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Success! Alabama GOP's New Photo ID Law Disenfranchises 93-Year Old Black Man! That, even as state Republicans offer $1,000 reward for evidence of voter fraud!...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Another Success! 92-Year Old Woman Denied Right to Vote in Alabama! State Republican's new polling place Photo ID restrictions working great so far!...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! 'COSMOS' Turns 'Deniers' into 'Believers' Whether you understand the science of global warming or not (or think you do), you'll do yourself a disservice if you miss their recent episode on climate change...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Federal Judge Rules WI Ban on Marriage Equality Violates U.S. Constitution Gov. Scott Walker and other freedom haters in the state lose another one. County Clerks vow to begin marriages immediately...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment 4 Jun 2014PBC News & Comment: Daniel Ellsberg Announces New Whistleblower Organization Pentagon Papers hero Dan Ellsberg joins NSA whistleblowers and others in forming ExposeFacts, to facilitate important new disclosures……..
• PBC News & Comment 6 Jun 2014 PBC News & Comment: Vodaphone Reveals Hard-Wired Backdoor for Surveillance As we mark the start of Snowden Year 2, world’s second biggest phone carrier reveals direct taps by unnamed government….
• PBC Standard Podcast June 3, 2014 Medical Cannabis Activist Steve DeAngelo Comments on House Vote to Block Prosecutions of Legal Dispensaries Steve DeAngelo is co-founder and executive director of the nonprofit Harborside Health Center, and joins us to comment on the House amendment that blocks funding for prosecution of state-legal medical cannabis dispensaries.
• PBC Standard Podcast June 5, 2014 Expert Views on Guantanamo Controversey: Journalist Andy Worthington and Attorney Jon Eisenberg As political leaders attack Obama for swap of Taliban prisoners and ignore important related issues, we talk with journalist Andy Worthington about the Bergdahl trade and lawyer Jon Eisenberg about the legal battle over force-feeding Gitmo hunger strikers.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! May 30, 2014 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• This week on The Best of Ring of Fire Radio: Daniel Ellsberg will be here to discuss the domestic spying programs of the federal government.
• Former CIA attorney John Rizzo will be here to tell us about some of the most secretive activities of our federal government.
• Author David Bromwich will tell us why many of President Obama’s campaign promises have fallen flat over the years.
• And Dr. Tom Schneider will join us to discuss his new book “A Physician’s Apology.”
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! June 7, 2014 Sundays at NOON!
»» Farron Cousins will be sitting in for Mike Papantonio this week.
»» Howard Nations will tell us why the Tea Party seems to be failing as both a political movement as well as a social movement.
»» Michael Burg will explain what is motivating the Republicans’ attacks on the Pentagon after the military deemed climate change a “national security threat.”
»» And we’ll listen to Pap and Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.’s discussion on the history of corporate fraud against the government.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on May 31, 2014 by Joshua De Leon - Ring of Fire’s top stories from the past week.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on June 7, 2014 by Joshua De Leon
• Sam Seder On Progressive Voices Our friend, Ed Schultz, will no longer be doing his regularly scheduled radio program. Thom Hartmann will be moving to Ed’s weekday spot from noon to 3 p.m. from his usual 3 – 6 p.m. slot. Sam Seder is taking the Ring of Fire radio show live weekday afternoons from 3-6 PM East and Noon – 3 PM West on radio stations nationwide, and The Progressive Voices Network on TuneIn. Listeners can also expect Mike Papantonio and Bobby Kennedy to drop by regularly. .........
• VIDEO! Jon Stewart: Even Gun Nuts are Scared of Gun Nuts by Joshua Schwitzerlett - The NRA has been flip-flopping on its position regarding recent open carry demonstrations. Leave it to Jon Stewart to show just how contradictory things have become. In the end, it’s “all just a business plan for arms dealers.”
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 6/2 Amanda Marcotte: “Pick Up Artists" & The Threat of Misogyny
• TUESDAY 6/3/14 Dave Zirin: Brazil’s Dance with the Devil: The World Cup, the Olympics, and the Fight for Democracy
• WEDNESDAY 6/4/14 Ian Millhiser: Seven Big Cases That Could Change America & Adam Green: & Progressive Primary Victories
• THURSDAY 6/5/14 Suresh Naidu: Capital Eats the World
• FRIDAY 6/6/14 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Andy Kindler
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• Vodafone reveals existence of secret wires that allow state surveillance by Stacy Herbert — Stacy Summary: Get rid of your mobile phone and similar tracking devices. Restore your dignity, your right to privacy. Remember true intimacy. Don’t be willingly industrially farmed. Read Vodafone reveals existence of secret wires that allow state surveillance Vodafone of the world’s largest mobile phone groups, has revealed the existence of secret wires that allow government agencies to listen to all conversations on its networks, saying they are widely used in some of the 29 countries in which it operates in Europe and beyond. ....... The company said wires had been connected directly to its network and those of other telecoms groups, allowing agencies to listen to or record live conversations and, in certain cases, track the whereabouts of a customer. Privacy campaigners said the revelations were a “nightmare scenario” that confirmed their worst fears on the extent of snooping.....
• VIDEO! Snowden risked everything, survived, now in ‘safest place on globe’ – Ray McGovern by maxkeiser —
• VIDEO! David Cay Johnston: The Perils Of Our Growing Inequality by Stacy Herbert — David Cay Johnston interviewed about his new book, "Divided: The Perils of Our Growing Inequality".
• The Biggest Policy Mistake of the Great Recession: Bailing Out the Banks, Not People by Stacy Herbert — Stacy Summary: It appears there is a book out by some more mainstream economists basically saying everything that Steve Keen has been saying for years regarding household debt as the most important factor in the financial crisis. READ The Biggest Policy Mistake of the Great Recession (thefiscaltimes.com) ...... But, of course, as the authors note, they were treated as if they were radical Occupy Wall Streeters when pitching to publishers. This is part of the ideology accepted by both the elite, government policymakers and the subjects of their relentless propaganda as I would guess that over 50% of the population would support the actions that were taken: .....
• KEISER REPORT [KR609] Keiser Report: Bond Bubble Burst We discuss investors picking up nickels in front of steamrollers as both stocks and bonds soar. In the second half, Max interviews Ian Fraser, author of Shredded: Inside RBS, The Bank That Broke Britain. They discuss how the bank rigged Libor (and could go bust because of the fines and the ongoing criminal investigations), mispricing assets (with a little help from compliant regulators and complicit auditors) and kneecapping companies out of spite (just because).
• KEISER REPORT [KR610] Keiser Report: Towers of Toxic Debt In this episode of the Keiser Report, we discuss fraud moving from pushing crack under the bridge to pushing paper through the government while investors live on the virtual free range where they are financially sheared, not slaughtered. In the second half, Max interviews the writer, Alex Oates, and director, Dominic Shaw, of Silk Road, The Play, for which they are seeking crowdfunding. They discuss drug dealing 2.0, the next generation; bitcoin; Geordies; the Edinburgh Festival and crowdfunding art.
• KEISER REPORT [KR611] Keiser Report: Bonds Burn & Prices Double We discuss, “Bubble bubble toil and trouble. Bonds burn and prices double. And eye of newt, and toe of frog, wool of bat, and tongue of dog, cost more than you can afford” as savings gets harder with negative rates and China scrambles to find a whole lot of rehypothecated metals. In the second half, Max interviews Alasdair Macleod of GoldMoney.com about Chinese gold, the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation and missing gold.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS The Truth About Markets in Sheffield Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday from 3-5 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt - http://kpfk.org), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream....... New show hours effective 5/26/2014: 12-3 PM Eastern!
• Scott Horton Radio Show 06/03/14 Marcy Wheeler: Blogger Marcy Wheeler discusses how Congress’s NSA “reform” bill is actually enabling the NSA to spy even more broadly than before.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 06/04/14 Will Grigg: Will Grigg, keeper of the Pro Libertate blog, discusses why the war on drugs is essentially a war on the American people; local law enforcement agencies using weapons of war on civilians; equating drug dealers with domestic terrorists; and why drug task forces should be dismantled immediately – for a start.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 06/05/14 Adam Morrow: Adam Morrow, a Cairo-based journalist with IPS News, discusses Egypt’s quick descent from democracy to military dictatorship; the ridiculous nearly-unanimous results in President Abdul Fattah al-Sisi’s election; the crackdown on political dissidents and critical media outlets; and a retrospective of the 2011 Egyptian revolution/counterrevolution.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 06/06/14 Eric Margolis: Eric Margolis, an award-winning, internationally syndicated columnist, discusses what’s behind the violent conflict in eastern Ukraine and how US mission creep into Eastern Europe risks nuclear war with Russia.
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• former U.S. Attorney General Michael Mukasey
• former Vice Chief of Staff of the Army, Gen. Jack Keane
• Cheryl Brandes and Ken Luccioni, the mother and step-father of Army Pfc. Matthew Martinek, are now calling for a full investigation into Bergdahl and his release
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml