Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Fathers' Day Special We're enjoying Fathers' Day by doing more yard work! And we're also prepping for WRUW's LIVE FROM CLEVELAND Exclusive Remote Broadcast from the Cleveland Art Museum's Sixth Annual Summer Solstice Concert! So we're still piecing together this week's missive. Here are some HEADLINES from TVNEWSLIES
- Georgia backs down on law requiring drug tests for food stamp recipients
- Federal health law helped Minnesota's uninsured rate drop 41 percent
- Autopsy on Oklahoma death row inmate shows IV not inserted correctly
- Massive 'ocean' found under Earth's surface
- Hardrock Mining
- Nuclear Safety
- Toxic Coal Ash
- Clean Energy Funding
- Clean Water Protections
- Offshore Drilling
- Water Pollution from Mountaintop Removal
- Keystone XL Tar Sands Pipeline (KXL)
- War Gear Flows to Police Departments
- Across America, Police Departments Are Quietly Preparing For War
- Democracy NOW! @ democracynow.org
- GritTV with Laura Flanders! @ grittv.org
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid! @ HeadOnRadioNetwork.com
- The Green News Report! @ greennews.bradblog.com with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST! @ PeterBCollins.com
- Majority Report with Sam Seder! @ Majority.FM
- Ring of Fire Radio with Sam, Bobby & Pap! @ ringoffireradio.com
- The Keiser Report! @ MaxKeiser.com! With Stacy Herbert!
- The Scott Horton Show! @ scotthorton.org
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
Meet ABC News' Newest Contributor, Laura Ingraham 10 Moments That Illustrate The Right-Wing Radio Host's Fringe Viewpoints And Disdain For Civil Discourse - Ingraham has repeatedly engaged in inflammatory and hateful rhetoric, lobbing numerous attacks against everyone from President Obama to people who receive government assistance to her favorite target, immigrants. Here are 10 hateful moments from Ingraham in the past year...
• Rep. Eric Cantor, R-Va.
• Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas
• Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill.
• ROUNDTABLE: TBA
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.
• Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus
• ROUNDTABLE: TBA
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Mitt Romney, R-MA
• Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va.
• Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• Rep. Eric Cantor, R-Va.
• Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.
• Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill.
• Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii.
• ROUNDTABLE: TBA
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend’s Ring of Fire Radio – June 14th, 2014 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• Pulitzer Prize winning economist David Cay Johnston will tell us how income inequality is literally killing American citizens.
• Terry Strada, co-chair of Justice Against Terrorism, will tell us how her group is trying to close legal loopholes that allow financiers of terrorism to escape civil court remedies.
• Blogger Chauncey DeVega will tell us how right wing media is helping to create murderers.
• Cesar Vargas from the DREAM Action coalition will explain what Eric Cantor’s primary loss means for the future of immigration reform.
• Attorney Ned McWilliams will discuss the dangers of some of the most common blood thinning medications.
• And Paul Rieckhoff, founder and Chief Executive Officer of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, will talk to us about the right wing uproar over the Bowe Bergdal prisoner swap.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! June 15, 2014 Sundays at NOON!
»» Farron Cousins will be sitting in for Mike Papantonio this week.
»» Howard Nations will talk about how the Republicans have misconstrued the 2nd Amendment and are using it as a justification for mass killings.
»» Mike Burg will tell us about the GOP’s efforts to dismantle the IRS, now that they have decided to go after corporate tax dodgers.
»» And we’ll hear a selection of interviews from Mike Papantonio with Sam Seder, Jim Hightower, and Dr. Tom Schneider.
• Ring’s of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on June 14, 2014 by Joshua De Leon - Ring of Fire’s top stories from the past week.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on June 7, 2014 by Joshua De Leon
• Sam Seder On Progressive Voices Our friend, Ed Schultz, will no longer be doing his regularly scheduled radio program. Thom Hartmann will be moving to Ed’s weekday spot from noon to 3 p.m. from his usual 3 – 6 p.m. slot. Sam Seder is taking the Ring of Fire radio show live weekday afternoons from 3-6 PM East and Noon – 3 PM West on radio stations nationwide, and The Progressive Voices Network on TuneIn. Listeners can also expect Mike Papantonio and Bobby Kennedy to drop by regularly. .........
• Agribusiness Giant Syngenta Commits More Atrocities Than Just Poisoning U.S. Water Systems by Chandler Carney - Two years after Syngenta paid the midwest $105 million in a class-action settlement, unsealed court documents show how the Swiss corporation used smear campaigns, infiltrated the EPA, and hired private investigators, all in hopes of keeping their billion-dollar herbicide on the U.S. market...............
• Remember Freedom Industries? They’ve May Have Spilled Waste Into the Elk River Again by Ring of Fire - Freedom Industries, the company that prompted a state of emergency in West Virginia after spilling 10,000 gallons of a dangerous chemical into the Elk River, may have once again spilled chemicals into the Elk River..................
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 6/9/14 Dr. Robert Lustig: Sugar: The Bitter Truth
• TUESDAY 6/10/14 David Huyssen: Progressive Inequality: Rich and Poor in New York, 1890–1920
• WEDNESDAY 6/11/14 Unprecedented GOP Loss w/ Ryan Grim & Peter Galuszka & Scottie Nell Hughes
• THURSDAY 6/12/14 Mark Leon Goldberg: Iraq Unravels
• FRIDAY 6/13/14 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• Gold, Silver, Oil, Gas Jump On Middle East “Powder Keg” Concerns by Mark O'Byrne — There is still the potential for a wider Middle East conflict as the region remains a ‘powder keg.’ Iraq may be the match that sees the region explode into chaos and war – with attendant effects on global oil prices and the global economy. Today’s AM fix was USD 1,273.00, EUR 938.17 and GBP 750.06 per ounce. Yesterday’s AM fix was USD 1,261.75, EUR 932.90 and GBP 749.66 per ounce. Gold jumped $12.80 or 1.02% yesterday to $1,273.80/oz. Silver surged $0.35 or 1.82% to $19.56/oz. MORE!
• BREAKING: DAVID ROCKEFELLER’S SON RICHARD DEAD IN SMALL PLANE CRASH by The Doc — Former Chase Manhattan CEO David Rockefeller’s 65 year old son Richard Gilder Rockefeller, and the great grandson of John D. Rockefeller Sr. has died in a small plane crash outside of NYC at Westchester Country Airport. Richard had reportedly celebrated his father’s 99th birthday with family Thursday night. Click here for more details!
• Signal amplification: From American & United Airlines Puts to Clorox Calls by Stacy Herbert — Stacy Summary: An interesting piece from Bloomberg highlighting the concept called ‘signal amplification,’ where traders place massive bets based on signals from the options market . . . even if they don’t know who has made that signal as it were. READ How $170,000 in Options Moved Clorox Shares $450 Million Just before 1 p.m. on June 9, 5,700 options tied to Clorox Co. (CLX) were bought on U.S. markets for about $170,000. Traders snapped up the underlying stock and within half an hour, more than $450 million had been added to the bleachmaker’s shares. Ten days earlier, RadioShack Corp., the struggling electronics retailer, jumped as much as 33 percent, adding $40 million to its stock capitalization, after someone purchasing $600,000 in bullish call contracts ignited a rally in the equities. The stock rose to $1.45 from $1.32. As Rickards argues re: 911 trades, so too does Bloomberg argue re: Clorox: VIDEO! More!
• The Generational Short: Banks, Wall Street, Housing and Luxury Retail Are Doomed by Charles Hugh Smith — If Gen-Y cannot afford to buy Boomers’ houses at bubble-level prices, then what will keep housing prices at these elevated levels? Mish recently posted excerpts of a Brookings Institution study on changing generational values: How Millennials Could Upend Wall Street and Corporate America. The gist of the report is that Gen-Y (Millennials) view money, prestige, adversarial confrontation and managerial methods differently from the Baby Boom and Gen-X generations, and that this set of values will change Corporate America, the economy and the culture as Boomers exit managerial positions and their peak earning/spending years......... more!
• KEISER REPORT [KR612] Keiser Report: ‘Rubby Dubby’ Market Rigging We discuss chumming in financial markets being the rigging of prices and indexes, like Libor, forex and gold, which convinces people it is safe enough to get back into the markets. The fraud is now so huge, Max says, that the ECB needs a bigger boat. In the second half, Max interviews David Graeber, author of Debt: The First 5000 Years, about the scariest monsters being those that you turn into – like zombies or vampires – and that is what the modern economy has become as we are all forced to think and act like bankers. David Graeber all suggests that BS jobs are the Sovietization of capitalism.
• KEISER REPORT [KR613] Keiser Report: Derp-like policy of ZIRP and NIRP We discuss the derp of Nirp and Zirp as zero growth in labor hours and a climb in misery exposes the lie that is zero percent interest rate ‘miracles.’ Max also argues that QE causes deflation. In the second half, Max interviews filmmaker, Ondi Timoner, about crowdfunding, surveillance and privacy.
• KEISER REPORT [KR614] Keiser Report: How water cannons can help with austerity We discuss a face full of water helping austerity go down wown. They also discuss the three reasons that the Dow doesn’t deserve to be at 17,000. In the second half, Max interviews filmmaker, Vivian Norris, about her documentary film, Obama Mama about the pioneering work in microfinance by Ann Dunham, mother of the President of the United States. Vivian notes that women in many of the poor communities of Indonesia in which Dunham worked were often considered worth less than goats. They also discuss the role of Dunham in Hillary Clinton bringing micro-credit to rural Arkansas and Max asks about the role of the Ford Foundation and Tim Geithner’s father, Peter.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS The Truth About Markets – 07 June 2014 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday from 12-3 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt - http://kpfk.org), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream....... New show hours effective 5/26/2014: 12-3 PM Eastern!
• Scott Horton Radio Show 06/09/14 Ray McGovern: Ray McGovern, a retired CIA officer turned political activist, discusses the 47th anniversary of the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty. He also discusses the Iraq War, official liars from Rumsfeld to Kerry, Chelsea Manning’s whistleblowing, Ukraine, Russia, etc.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 06/10/14 Dahr Jamail: Dahr Jamail, an investigative journalist and author, discusses the capture of Mosul, Iraq’s second largest city, by al-Qaeda affiliated ISIS fighters who are forming a new Islamic state across Iraq and Syria.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 06/11/14 Patrick Cockburn: Patrick Cockburn, an award-winning journalist with The Independent, discusses the Iraqi army’s disorderly retreat when fundamentalist Islamic group Isis captured the cities of Mosul and Tikrit; and why the Syrian civil war primarily benefits al-Qaida type movements like Isis, Jabhat al-Nusra, and Ahrar al-Sham.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 06/12/14 Mitchell Prothero: Mitchell Prothero, a journalist with McClatchy DC, discusses ISIS’s remarkable takeover of a large swath of Iraq where an upstart Islamic caliphate is being established.
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Rep. Mike Rogers (R-MI), Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee.
• Rep. Greg Walden (R-OR), head of the National Republican Congressional Committee
• Rep. Tom Price (R-GA), Vice Chairman of the House Budget Committee.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml