Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
RNC 2016! Last Saturday night the Brick TeeVee Crew went to see the remastered Beatles classic "A Hard Day's Night" then stopped at a local watering hole for a few adult beverages then back to the compound for a few more and before you know it it's 3 AM!! So we totally missed last week! Then this week we organized and produced "An Evening With Mr. Stress" on WRUW-FM during the regular Thursday shows with Cleveland blues harmonica legend Bill "Mr. Stress" Miller sitting in with all the hosts talking about the old days of the Cleveland music scene and his illustrious career as leader of the Mr. Stress Blues Band! Mr. Stress suffered a stroke back in December but has recovered nicely thanks to an alert listener to Bob Kincaid's show who called the local police and got a 9-1-1 crew there quickly. Fortunately you can download all the shows from the WRUW weekly archive!
- 5 PM: Woodchopper's Ball with Chip
- 7 PM: Polka Changed My Life Today with Dr. Polka and Andrew the Mailman
- 8 PM: Laying Down Tracks with Mr. J.E.G.
- and 10 PM: LIVE From Cleveland! with yours truly hosting, featuring blues band Jeff Hurd and The Nightwalkers with Mr. Stress playing harp!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Diana Buttu, attorney based in Palestine "Israel Targets Civilians, the Casualties Speak Volumes": Int’l Protection Urged for Besieged Gaza
- Dr. Mona El-Farra, director of Gaza projects for the Middle East Children’s Alliance "We are Human Beings": Gaza Doctor Pleads for End to Israeli Bombing of Civilian Population
- Dr. Mads Gilbert, Norwegian doctor providing medical assistance in Gaza Norwegian Physician Treating Wounded Civilians: Stop the Bombing, End Israeli Impunity in Gaza
- Cecily McMillan, an Occupy Wall Street activist who was recently released from Rikers prison after nearly two months behind bars "Your Body Is No Longer Your Own": Freed OWS Activist Cecily McMillan on Plight of Women in Jail
- Amira Hass, Ha’aretz correspondent for the occupied Palestinian territories With 192 Dead in Gaza, Is Lasting Ceasefire Possible Under Israeli Occupation?
- Norman Finkelstein, author and scholar & Mouin Rabbani, senior fellow at the Institute for Palestine Studie After Palestinian Unity Deal, Did Israel Spark Violence to Prevent a New "Peace Offensive"?
- Will Potter, reports on the animal rights and environmental movements at GreenIstheNewRed.com Green Scare: Animal Rights Activists Face Terrorism Charges for Freeing Minks from Fur Farm
- Graham Kates, deputy managing editor of The Crime Report The Prosecution Gap: Corporate Polluters Rarely Criminally Charged for Violating Environmental Law
- Hannah Allam, foreign affairs correspondent for McClatchy Newspapers & Patrick Cockburn, Middle East correspondent for The Independent "Iraq Has Already Disintegrated": ISIS Expands Stronghold as Leaks Expose US Doubts on Iraqi Forces
- Gareth Porter, historian and investigative journalist Is an Iran Nuclear Deal Within Reach? Dissecting the Latest Talks over a "Manufactured Crisis"
- Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jose Antonio Vargas How Do We Define American? Jose Vargas, Symbol of Undocumented Immigrant Struggle, Detained in Texas
- Tyler Hicks, Pulitzer Prize-winning staff photographer at The New York Times & Sharif Abdel Kouddous, independent journalist and Democracy Now! correspondent Horror on Gaza Beach: New York Times Photographer Witnesses Israeli Killing of 4 Palestinian Boys
- Dana Frank, professor of history at the University of California, Santa Cruz & Jennifer Harbury, human rights activist and lawyer U.S. Turns Back on Child Migrants After Its Policies in Guatemala, Honduras Sowed Seeds of Crisis
- Joseph Stiglitz Nobel Economist Joseph Stiglitz Hails New BRICS Bank Challenging U.S.-Dominated World Bank & IMF PLUS a Web Special: Joseph Stiglitz on TPP, Cracking Down on Corporate Tax Dodgers & New BRICS Bank
- Sharif Abdel Kouddous "A Terrifying Night in Gaza": Sharif Abdel Kouddous Reports on Israeli Ground Invasion
- Basman Alashi, executive director of al-Wafa Hospital in Gaza & Sharif Abdel Kouddous Israel Bombs Gaza’s Only Rehab Hospital: Staff Forced to Evacuate Paralyzed Patients After Shelling
- The Intercept's Glenn Greenwald Glenn Greenwald: Why Did NBC Pull Veteran Reporter After He Witnessed Israeli Killing of Gaza Kids?
- Stephen Cohen, professor emeritus of Russian studies and politics at New York University Stephen Cohen: Downed Malaysian Plane Raises Risk of War Between Russia and the West
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW Paul Loeb: The Impossible May Take A Little While How do activists continue to persevere? What happens when, despite years of work, it seems like things haven't evolved at all? ....... more!
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NASCAR on ESPN It's the Brickyard 400 from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway! Coverage begins at 1 pm et »»» MLB on TBS Royals @ Red Sox 1 pm et »»» SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Dodgers @ Cardinals 8 pm et »»» MONDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Rangers @ Yankees 7 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet The Federal Communications Commission is proposing rules that would kill — rather than protect — Net Neutrality and allow rampant discrimination online. Under these rules, telecom giants like AT&T, Comcast and Verizon would be able to pick winners and losers online and discriminate against online content and applications. And no one would be able to do anything about it. We must stop the FCC from moving forward with these rules, which would give the green light to ISPs eager to crush Net Neutrality. The agency can preserve Net Neutrality only by designating broadband as a telecommunications service under the law. Anything else is an attack on our rights to connect and communicate. Tell FCC Chairman Wheeler to throw out his proposed rules. Demand nothing less than real Net Neutrality. SIGN NOW at Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet at freepress.net NOW. Join the Day of Action on May 15! The Internet will rise up online and take to the streets. SIGN UP HERE to learn more!
Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice. These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation! NEW!!! NATION ACTION! Stop the Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger! GO THERE NOW!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the "Chelsea Manning Support Network" March 19, 2014. By CMSN. PVT Manning has filed to change her name legally to "Chelsea Elizabeth Manning" and to receive hormone therapy. To show our support in this struggle, we are renaming ourselves to the "Chelsea Manning Support Network." ..... UPDATE! An Appeal from Daniel Ellsberg I have been waiting forty years for a legal process to at long last prove the unconstitutionality of the Espionage Act as applied to whistle-blowers (the Supreme Court has never yet addressed this issue). This appeals process can accomplish that, and it can reduce Chelsea’s sentence by decades. But unfortunately, without your help today it will not happen....... AND Taking PRIDE in Chelsea Manning July 8th, 2014. Activists march in PRIDE parades around the country and world in support of whistleblower Chelsea Manning! ......
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
Meet ABC News' Newest Contributor, Laura Ingraham 10 Moments That Illustrate The Right-Wing Radio Host's Fringe Viewpoints And Disdain For Civil Discourse - Ingraham has repeatedly engaged in inflammatory and hateful rhetoric, lobbing numerous attacks against everyone from President Obama to people who receive government assistance to her favorite target, immigrants. Here are 10 hateful moments from Ingraham in the past year...
• Secretary of State John Kerry
• Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
• House Intelligence Committee Chair Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Michigan
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News Chief Global Affairs Correspondent Martha Raddatz, Council on Foreign Relations President Richard Haass, New Republic Senior Editor Julia Ioffe, and Wall Street Journal White House Correspondent Carol Lee.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Secretary of State John Kerry
• Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y. chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security
• Martin Indyk, the former U.S. special envoy for Israeli-Palestinian negotiations
• reports from Mark Phillips in Ukraine and Clarissa Ward in Moscow
• CBS News correspondents Margaret Brennan, David Martin, Bob Orr and Jeff Pegues will share their insights as well. They'll be joined by Mike Morell, the former CIA deputy director and a CBS News contributor, and Mark Rosenker, former chairman of the National Transportation Safety Board, who is now transportation and safety analyst for CBS News.
• Holly Williams will be in Gaza City
• ROUNDTABLE: Peter Baker of The New York Times, David Ignatius of the Washington Post and Kim Strassel of The Wall Street Journal
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• CBS' '60 Minutes' admits to faking Tesla car noise
• Coming Up Sunday, July 20 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• The Giving Pledge
• The Greatest Show on Earth
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture 07/15/12 — NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Secretary of State John Kerry
• Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.
• ROUNDTABLE: TBA
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• Secretary of State John Kerry
• Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Dianne Feinstein
• House Homeland Security Committee Chair Michael McCaul
• Robert Turner, Director of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency in Gaza City on the relief efforts in Gaza.
• ROUNDTABLE: The Atlantic’s Peter Beinart, Michael Crowley of TIME magazine, NPR’s Steve Inskeep and CNN commentator L.Z. Granderson.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!! Featuring the H.O.R.N./Malloy skype group! Listen here NOW! Friday, July 18th, 2014 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - July 17, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Australia's Rightwing government repeals successful landmark carbon tax; Obama moves forward on bracing for global warming impacts; Record wildfire season burning from California to Alaska; PLUS: California gets tough on water wasters ... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see links at site): English Channel all fished out; Jellyfish invasion off Maine coast; Feds ban bee-killing pesticides in wildlife refuges; North Dakota wrestles with radioactive oilfield waste; Natural gas boom hasn't made US energy secure, warns IEA chief ... PLUS: Hottest March-June On Record Globally ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - July 15, 2014 Huge Christian organization divests from fossil fuels; Germany pledges $1 billion to international climate fund; Australia slides backward to repeal carbon tax; Step aside, Formula One racing: all-electric Formula E is on your tail; PLUS: Climate denier Rupert Murdoch's Big 'But' ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADCAST! Killing Zombie Myths Dead: KPFK 'BradCast' Brad takes on a bunch of lies this week that just won't die this week -- from e-cigs to Ann Coulter's voter fraud to 'global cooling' to the death penalty to marriage equality in Mississippi and more...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! FEDERAL JUDGE FINDS CA DEATH PENALTY VIOLATES U.S. CONSTITUTIONGeorge W. Bush appointee says state's system violates Constitutional restriction against 'cruel and unusual punishments'...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Koch Brothers' Radical Libertarianism Broke Kansas More than 100 top GOPers endorse Republican Gov. Sam Brownback's Democratic opponent after tax cuts for the wealthy have busted the extremist Koch Brothers' home state...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! UK Deputy PM Condemns Israel's 'Deliberate Use of Disproportionate Response' Nick Clegg calls attacks on Gaza 'collective punishment' that 'incubates next generation of extremists' and 'needs to come to an end'...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! CA Adds Call to Overturn 'Citizens United' to Ballot Measure calls for Amendment 'to make clear that rights protected by the U.S. Constitution are the rights of natural persons only'...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment 17 Jul 2014 PBC News & Comment: Roger Waters Lectures Neil Young Over Tel Aviv Concert Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters begged Neil Young to cancel July 17 Tel Aviv concert ; it’s been cancelled, not by Young…..
• PBC News & Comment 17 Jul 2014 PBC News & Comment: Malaysia Airlines Plane Crashes in Ukraine War Zone
• PBC News & Comment 17 Jul 2014 PBC News & Comment: Malaysia Airlines Plane Crashes in Ukraine War Zone Pro-Russian rebels deny responsibility for 295 deaths, but are blamed by Kiev; US confirms that a missile hit the plane…
• PBC News & Comment 18 Jul 2014 PBC News & Comment: Israel Invokes 4th Rationale for War on Hamas: Tunnels Frankie Goes to Hollywood opens with “Two Tribes” as Israel launches ground “incursion” in Gaza to eliminate tunnels….
• PBC Standard Podcast July 10, 2014 Courageous Reporter Max Blumenthal Reveals the Lies Netanyahu Used to Justify Crackdown on Hamas As Israel’s assault on Gaza and Hamas continues, author and journalist Max Blumenthal returns to detail how top Israeli leaders suppressed the truth about the 3 kidnapped teens for 18 days and falsely blamed Hamas, so they could justify the brutal attacks on Hamas and Gaza.
• PBC Standard Podcast July 18, 2014 Author, Professor, Radio Host Peter Mathews Fights “Dollar Democracy” Peter Mathews is professor of political science at Cypress College, has run for Congress 3 times, and has a new book out that focuses on corporate influence on our political system.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! June 27, 2014 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• This week on The Best of Ring of Fire Radio: Progressive talk show host and author Thom Hartmann will tell us why the next economic collapse might be just around the corner.
• Mark Godsey from the Ohio Innocence Project will be chatting with Sam about their latest exoneration efforts.
• Attorney Chris Seeger will give us the details on the growing problem of concussions in high school, college, and professional football.
• And best-selling author Cliff Schecter will be here to run through the biggest stories of the week that the corporate media ignored.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! June 29, 2014 Sundays at NOON!
»» Guests TBA
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on July 19, 2014 by Joshua De Leon - Ring of Fire’s top stories from the past week.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on June 7, 2014 by Joshua De Leon
• DOJ Challenging GOP Voting Rules in Ohio and Wisconsin Posted on July 17, 2014 by Joshua Schwitzerlett
• Local Internet is Big Telco’s Worst Nightmare Posted on July 18, 2014 by Joshua Schwitzerlett
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Ending Big Pharma’s Patent Monopoly (VIDEO) This segment originally aired on the July 13th, 2014 episode of Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 7/14/14 Michelle Chen: Why the Supreme Court’s Attack on Labor Hurts Women Most
• TUESDAY 7/15/14 Glenn Greenwald: No Place to Hide: Edward Snowden, the NSA, and the U.S. Surveillance State
• WEDNESDAY 7/16/14 Saba Ahmed: Muslim & GOP & Rachel Kurzius: Planet of the Apes & The Shock Doctrine
• THURSDAY 7/17/14 Netroots: David Dayen, Jay Tomlinson, Lily Eskelsen García & Chris Savage
• FRIDAY 7/18/14 Netroots: Charlie Pierce, Stephanie Kelton, Gaius Publius, Matt Duss, Ali Gharib, Heather Hurlburt & Markos Moulitsas
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• The Coming Crash Is Simply the Normalization of a Mispriced Market by Charles Hugh Smith — The correlation between the Fed’s monetary heroin production and the stock market will break down as the market normalizes. In the spirit of calling things what they are, longtime correspondent Harun I. explains that market crashes are simply distorted/mispriced economies attempting to normalize. Here’s Harun’s commentary.........
• PODCAST! GATA Chairman: JPM Has RUN OUT of Physical Silver- Most Explosive Gains of Entire Bull Market Ahead! by The Doc — Click here for the SD Weekly Metals & Markets With The Doc, Eric Dubin, & GATA Chairman Bill Murphy!
• Pro-Palestinian, anti-occupation Jewish-Israeli activists are being hunted down in Tel Aviv by maxkeiser — READ ‘Are you a fucking leftist?’ –Israeli fascists target anti-occupation activists in Tel Aviv (mondoweiss.net)
• PUTIN MAY HAVE BEEN TARGET OF PLANE SHOT DOWN- PRESIDENTIAL JET & MH17 INTERSECTED AT SAME POINT & ECHELON MINUTES APART by The Doc — “I can say that Putin’s plane and the Malaysian Boeing intersected at the same point and the same echelon. That was close to Warsaw on 330-m echelon at the height of 10,100 meters. The presidential jet was there at 16:21 Moscow time and the Malaysian aircraft – 15:44 Moscow time,” a source told the news agency on condition of anonymity. “The contours of the aircrafts are similar, linear dimensions are also very similar, as for the coloring, at a quite remote distance they are almost identical“, the source added. Meanwhile, the WSJ reports that US Intelligence detected a surface-to-air missile launch and tracked the explosion of the plane, confirming that MH-17 was in fact shot down. Click here for more on whether Putin was in fact the target of the missile that took down MH17 .....
• KEISER REPORT [KR626] Keiser Report: One-Two-Punch, Cryptobullion! We discuss the one-two punch of cryptobullion. We also discuss the crowd coming together to fight fracking in Texas (for fear of the ever-increasing magnitude earthquakes) and Canadians delivering water for Detroit because ‘our water is their water.’ In the second half, Max interviews Tina Rothery – aka Tina Louise – about the ‘implied inevitability’ of fracking and how Centrica and Cuadrilla are ‘squatting’ in order to prevent anti-fracking activists from doing the same.
• KEISER REPORT [KR627] Keiser Report: Middle Class is No Bingo? We discuss the danger of betting on the middle class in a mass consumption society like America. In the second half, Max interviews Roger Ver, an angel investor in bitcoin companies like Blockchain.info, Bitpay and Kraken, about his decision to renounce his American citizenship. They also discuss why bitcoin is the best money ever and what the blockchain can do to set the ordinary person free.
• KEISER REPORT [KR628] Keiser Report: Bees are Communists, Jihadists & Terrorists We discuss the replacement of frictionless and free with algobots, RoboBees and fiat currency. In the second half, Max presents the second half of his interview with Roger Ver, an angel investor in bitcoin companies like Blockchain.info, Bitpay and Kraken. They discuss MtGox, Silk Road and more.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS The Truth About Markets – 28 June 2014 Stacy Summary: We talk about bogus collateral driving global housing bubbles. Download show HERE (mp3)
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS The Truth About Cold Wars & Bad Facelifts Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday from 3-5 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt - http://kpfk.org), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream....... New show hours effective 5/26/2014: 12-3 PM Eastern!
• Scott Horton Radio Show 06/25/14 Marcy Wheeler: Blogger Marcy Wheeler discusses the US Supreme Court’s unanimous decision that cops need a warrant to search phone data, and the possible legal problems facing the NSA’s phone dragnet if the SCOTUS decision is applied to them as well.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 07/16/14 Ramzy Baroud: Ramzy Baroud, editor of The Palestine Chronicle, discusses Israel’s ravaging of Gaza and why Netanyahu fears a united Palestinian people and a third intifada above all else.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 07/18/14 Ray McGovern: Ray McGovern, a retired CIA officer turned political activist, discusses who might be responsible for the shoot-down of Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 over eastern Ukraine.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 07/18/14 Gareth Porter: Gareth Porter, author of Manufactured Crisis: The Untold Story of the Iran Nuclear Scare, discusses the carefully-worded statements of U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, and why an agreement on Iran’s nuclear program could be completed by next month.
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Secretary of State John Kerry
• Senate Committee on Foreign Relations Chairman Robert Menendez (D-NJ)
• and Ranking Member Bob Corker (R-TN)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml