Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Side Saddle Sunday! We totally missed last week as the Brick TeeVee Crew face calamity after calamity, chaos and confusion! We've regrouped somewhat as we prepare the BTV grounds for our first ever All Hallows Eve Costume Ball on Halloween Night! Lots to do still but we finally have a "normal" Saturday evening to put together a semi-normal BTV missive. See all the links below and click ANYTHING to be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
- I have a perspective tying together today’s big news brouhahas. My wife is an ER nurse at a major urban hospital owned by the Hospital Corporation of America, the hospital chain once run by Rick Scott. It’s the largest for-profit medical system in the world, and is of course also notable for its ‘creative billing’ practices in the largest Medicare fraud settlement in history. Scott was booted from the CEO position following that fraud investigation, so he’s not directly responsible for current conditions in those hospitals. But it is obvious to those who work there that the combination of lax training and toxic labor relations ‘leaders’ like him have brought to the company are emblematic of a big problem for US hospitals if a major outbreak of ebola or other infectious disease occurs. My wife’s ER has an ‘ebola cart’ with some lightweight protective gear and written instructions for putting on a PPE, but the instructions are a loose bundle of papers and the pictures don’t match the gear in the cart and has inaccuracies that put them at serious risk. It’s an object of gallows humor for the staff. That’s the totality of their training or preparedness so far. As we all now know, PPEs are not easy to put on and take off correctly. Even though nurses all have experience with standard droplet control (they see TB and HIV all the time), ebola is a special case. They have gone months and months without a nurse education director because no one wants to deal with their management and take the position. Her coworkers are clear that they will refuse to treat an ebola patient because they have woefully inadequate training in the correct procedures and lack proper gear. And yet the head of infectious disease at this hospital went on the local news to proclaim the hospital was ready to receive ebola patients safely. They obviously didn’t bother to speak to a single nurse on the front lines. I’m not particularly panic-y about ebola, even though obviously the family members of ER personnel have a lot at stake in ebola preparedness. But I think that this situation will be the weak link in any major national response. So many of our hospitals are run by lunatics like Rick Scott who seek only the highest profit margin. They do not invest in training, they build charting mechanisms that are good for billing but not treating patients, they constantly fight with their unionized employees, they lie to the public, etc, etc. We like to imagine that competent, highly-skilled medical institutions like Emory will save us, but we have way more Dallas Presbyterians in this country than we have Emorys. You can see exactly this managerial incompetence—and toxic labor relations—woven through the statement released by the nurses at Dallas Presbyterian today. Also see the head of National Nurses United on All In With Chris Hayes for a similar perspective. To put it bluntly: we’ve entrusted our national medical system to the managerial competence and goodwill of the Rick Scotts of the world, and that is much scarier than a podium fan.
Geeze look at the time! We'll be back with an updated rant later Sunday (barring more catastrophe and chaos) so STAY TUNED! Throw bricks at MARSHA "CRAZY EYES" BLACKBURN of Tennessee on Face the Bob, aptly-named ROY BLUNT on Meet The Toad and TED "death-to-castro" CRUZ on State of The Candy! Click ANYTHING BELOW to be INSTANTLY SMARTER especially Tuesday's DEMOCRACY NOW! with JAMES RISEN and SAM SEDER with RYAN GRIMM from HuffPoAOL on the huge new docu Kill The Messenger: How The Media Destroyed Gary Webb. More war and peace items later so see you later! Have a great Sunday!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Ferguson October Democracy Now! was there this weekend when thousands of people traveled to St. Louis to take part in "Ferguson October," four days of action calling for justice in Brown’s case and the reform of police practices nationwide. Ferguson October: Thousands March in St. Louis for Police Reform & Arrest of Officer Darren Wilson
- Kshama Sawant, Socialist Seattle city councilmember in Seattle Seattle Marks Indigenous Peoples’ Day Amid Calls to End Federal Holiday Celebrating Columbus
- MORE Kshama Sawant Socialist City Councilmember on Nobel Prize Winner Malala Yousafzai: "Socialism is the Only Answer"
- Saru Jayaraman, co-director and co-founder ROC United, ROC member Ashley Ogogor in NYC & Eve Ensler, award-winning playwright and author of The Vagina Monologues Campaigners Call for "One Fair Wage" to Help End Sexual Harassment for Tipped Restaurant Workers
- James Risen, an investigative journalist with The New York Times We spend the hour with veteran New York Times investigative reporter James Risen, the journalist at the center of one of the most significant press freedom cases in decades. James Risen Prepared to "Pay Any Price" to Report on War on Terror Amid Crackdown on Whistleblowers AND James Risen on NSA Whistleblower Edward Snowden: He Sparked a New National Debate on Surveillance
- Karen Higgins, registered nurse and co-president of National Nurses United As Second Dallas Nurse Diagnosed with Ebola, Are U.S. Hospitals Failing Healthcare Workers?
- Lawrence Gostin, university professor and faculty director at the O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law at Georgetown University & Karen Higgins Infected Workers, Slow Deployment, No Vaccines: Ebola Response Shows Pitfalls of Privatized Health
- Tanalís Padilla, associate professor of Latin American history at Dartmouth College Mexico’s Missing Students: Were 43 Attacked by Cartel-Linked Police Targeted for Their Activism?
- Michelle Dynes, a nurse and epidemiologist at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention A U.S. Nurse Witnesses Ebola’s Ravages in Sierra Leone, Where Horrific Conditions Claim Lives Daily
- Leigh Phillips, is a science writer and European Union affairs journalist An Unprofitable Disease: In the Political Economy of Ebola, Who Lives and Who Dies?
- Amy Hagstrom Miller, ounder and CEO of Whole Woman’s Health A Little Shout of Joy: Supreme Court Lets Abortion Clinics Reopen, Easing Crisis of Access in Texas
- Katha Pollitt, a columnist for The Nation magazine Abortion as a Social Good: Author Katha Pollitt Pens New Vision for Pro-Choice Movement
- Reginald Holmes, pastor of the New Covenant Christian Church/Alpha and Omega Ministries & Susan Greene, editor of The Colorado Independent In Historic Police Brutality Case, Family of Homeless Denver Pastor Killed in Custody Awarded $4.6M
- Mike Littwin, longtime Denver Post political columnist who now writes for The Colorado Independent In Tight Midterms Facing Low Turnout, Colorado’s Senate Race Could Decide Who Controls Congress
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» VIDEO OF THE WEEK Roxanne Dunbar-Oritz on Pre-Colonial Socialism Author and historian Roxanne Dunbar Ortiz joins GRITtv to discuss how the history of genocide of Native peoples affects all people of the US, even today. In Chew On This, Laura talks to Tom Goldtooth about today's solutions to the problem - what does indigenous sustainable society look like? And the F Word with Laura Flanders........ more!
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NASCAR on ESPN GEICO 500 from the Taladega Super Speedway! Coverage begins at 2 pm et »»» FOOTBALL NIGHT on NBC 49ers @ Broncos 8:30 pm et »»» MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on ESPN Texans @ Steelers 8:30 pm et »»» MLB WORLD SERIES on FOX It's the San Francisco Giants vs. Kansas City Royals in this year's Fall Classic! First two games at Kaufman Stadium Tue & Wed then shifts to AT&T Park for the next three games on Fri, Sat, Sun! All games begin at 8:07 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet The Federal Communications Commission is proposing rules that would kill — rather than protect — Net Neutrality and allow rampant discrimination online. Under these rules, telecom giants like AT&T, Comcast and Verizon would be able to pick winners and losers online and discriminate against online content and applications. And no one would be able to do anything about it. We must stop the FCC from moving forward with these rules, which would give the green light to ISPs eager to crush Net Neutrality. The agency can preserve Net Neutrality only by designating broadband as a telecommunications service under the law. Anything else is an attack on our rights to connect and communicate. Tell FCC Chairman Wheeler to throw out his proposed rules. Demand nothing less than real Net Neutrality. SIGN NOW at Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet at freepress.net NOW. Join the Day of Action on May 15! The Internet will rise up online and take to the streets. SIGN UP HERE to learn more!
Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice. These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation! NEW!!! NATION ACTION! Stop the Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger! GO THERE NOW!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the "Chelsea Manning Support Network" March 19, 2014. By CMSN. PVT Manning has filed to change her name legally to "Chelsea Elizabeth Manning" and to receive hormone therapy. To show our support in this struggle, we are renaming ourselves to the "Chelsea Manning Support Network." ..... UPDATE! ACLU preparing to sue Army over Manning's gender treatment August 12, 2014. The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), the ACLU of Kansas, and defense counsel David Coombs, sent an official complaint to Ft. Leavenworth, and also notified Defense Secretary Hagel that legal action will be taken soon if the Defense Department does not provide her with proper medical treatment. ....... AND Chelsea Manning on containing ISIS in Guardian op-ed September 16, 2014. Chelsea Manning's Guardian op-ed, "How to make ISIS fall on its own sword" .......
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
Meet ABC News' Newest Contributor, Laura Ingraham 10 Moments That Illustrate The Right-Wing Radio Host's Fringe Viewpoints And Disdain For Civil Discourse - Ingraham has repeatedly engaged in inflammatory and hateful rhetoric, lobbing numerous attacks against everyone from President Obama to people who receive government assistance to her favorite target, immigrants. Here are 10 hateful moments from Ingraham in the past year...
• Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
• Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins
• Archbishop of New York Cardinal Timothy Dolan
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News contributor and Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol, Republican strategist Mary Matalin, EMILY’s List president Stephanie Schriock, and television and radio host Tavis Smiley.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Dr. Anthony Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
• Rep. Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee
• CBS News Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Jon LaPook
• ROUNDTABLE I: Richard Umbdenstock, president of the American Hospital Association, Dr. Robert Wah, president of the American Medical Association, and Jean Ross co-president of National Nurses United
• ROUNDTABLE II: Gerald Seib of The Wall Street Journal, Susan Glasser of Politico Magazine, and Michael O'Hanlon of the Brookings Institution
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• CBS' '60 Minutes' admits to faking Tesla car noise
• Coming Up Oct. 19 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• Ending life
• Saving history
• Gold rush
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host Chuck Todd
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture 07/15/12 — NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
• Senator Bob Casey, D-Pa.
• Senator Roy Blunt, R-Mo.
• ROUNDTABLE: tba
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• Senator Ted Cruz (R-FL)
• Dr. Anthony Fauci, director the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health
• ROUNDTABLE: Kevin Madden, Ana Navarro, LZ Granderson, and Penny Lee.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!! Featuring the Malloy/H.O.R.N. Skype Group! Listen here NOW! Friday, October 17th, 2014 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - October 14, 2014 IIN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Coal wins Kentucky's U.S. Senate debate!; Pentagon warns climate change an immediate threat to national security; East Coast cities could see daily flooding from rising seas within 30 years; Wind power the cheapest source of energy; PLUS: It's official: September 2014 was the hottest September on record globally (Don't tell Fox 'News'!)... All that and more in today's Green News Report! ..... IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link) Record Antarctic sea ice a 'warning bell'; Australia PM: "Coal is good for humanity"; Sea level rising fastest in 6k years; BPA manufacturers releasing into the air; Renewables driving power generation in Africa; Emissions cuts will fuel 'boom' in Midwest jobs; Louisiana racing to reclaim vanishing lands; Oil tankers spill into Seattle waters... PLUS: Can Progressives, enviros, and scientists save capitalism from the pro-collapse polluters? ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - October 9, 2014 IIN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Sen. Mitch McConnell dodges on climate change: "I am not a scientist"; Republican candidates retreating from climate change denial; U.S. auto fleet achieves record fuel efficiency; PLUS: 'Clean Coal' goes online in Canada - but there's a catch ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADCAST! Non-KPFK 'BradCast': Special Election Coverage/Primal Scream Edition This year's elections may be decided by the courts even before Election Day: A BradCast special...
• BRADCAST! 'BradCast': Special Coverage of WI, TX, AR Photo ID Rulings Trouble keeping up with the on-again/off-again court rulings on GOP voter suppression laws? Brad tries to make sense of it all for ya...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Federal Court Tosses VA's Ridiculously Gerrymandered Congressional Map Ruling by GW Bush appointee is too late for 2014 election, but redrawn map could result in 2 to 3 new Dem U.S. House seats in 2016...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! GAO: Republican Photo ID Voting Restriction Laws Lowered Turnout in KS, TN Dems tout non-partisan government report to underscore need to fix Voting Rights Act, but there's more to story they aren't mentioning...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! SCOTUS Overturns 4th Circ, Allows NC to End Same-Day Registration, Counting of 'Wrong Precinct' Ballots 100s already disenfranchised; Nation's worst suppression law to have full trial next year...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! ACLU on 'Photo ID Needed to Fly' Canard They nailed federal Judge Easterbrook's lies about WI's Photo ID voting restriction much more succinctly than we did: 'Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong again'...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! FEDERAL JUDGE STRIKES DOWN TX GOP'S 'UNCONSTITUTIONAL, DISCRIMINATORY' PHOTO ID VOTING LAW U.S. District Court judge permanently enjoins GOP law, finds it discriminates, amounts to a poll tax...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Emergency Appeals Filed at SCOTUS to Restore Voting Rights to 600,000 in TX GOP Photo ID law, which lower court found intentionally discriminatory, is different from recent cases before High Court, say plaintiffs...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! SCOTUS ALLOWS TEXAS' DISCRIMINATORY GOP PHOTO ID LAW TO USED IN MIDTERMS Despite uncontested findings striking down the law as a racially-motivated, 'unconstitutional poll tax', it will be implemented this year...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment 16 Oct 2014 PBC News & Comment: Obama Ignores Advice from CIA, That Arming Rebels Doesn’t Work Details of CIA study Obama requested show that in over 60 years, CIA record of covert rebel support is failure…
• PBC News & Comment 17 Oct 2014 PBC News & Comment: U2’s Bono Apologizes to iTunes Users, and Many Important Stories, Too! Bono’s apology, plus exposure of possible corruption at top of NSA, Stingray deployed in Washington, DC–lots to report today…..
• PBC Standard Podcast August 20, 2014 NYU Prof. Mark Crispin Miller Introduces “The Forbidden Bookshelf” Free Preview Clip Activist, author, professor and book lover Mark Crispin Miller returns to invite you to connect with important books on his new Forbidden Bookshelf.
• PBC Standard Podcast October 8, 2014 Prof. Lance deHaven Smith Explains How “Conspiracy Theory” Label is Used to Stifle Investigations and Independent Thinking; Chew Reviews “Kill The Messenger” Professor Lance deHaven-Smith of Florida State University talks about his book, Conspiracy Theory in America, and how the negative implications of the label “conspiracy theorists” are used to shut down thinking and expression about obvious conspiracies involving governments and elites. Film reviewer Gary Chew returns to tell us about Jeremy Renner’s new movie, Kill The Messenger.
• PBC Standard Podcast October 15, 2014 Activist and Author Sam Daley-Harris Offers Inspiration and Organizing Tips Sam Daley-Harris, author of Reclaiming Our Democracy returns to offer some inspiration and empowerment at a time when it’s sorely needed. ….
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire October 16, 2014 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
»» best-selling author George Lakoff will be here to explain the importance of message framing.
»» Columnist Tom Eblen will tell us how we’ve gone from a war on poverty to a war on the poor
»» Progressive host David Pakman will join us for a discussion on the buried stories of the week.
»» Farron Cousins will tell us about the bizarre governor’s race in Florida.
»» And Howard Nations will talk about the latest insurance industry scams that are leaving consumers with massive medical debt.
• This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Sundays at NOON! Watch at link! Guests TBA.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on August 9, 2014 by Ring of Fire - Ring of Fire’s top stories from the past week.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• VIDEO! Lewis Black Rants about Teachers and Gets it 100 Percent Right
• VIDEO! Thom Hartmann: Can We Stop Another Global Economic Crash?
• Senate Report Ignores Bush Administration’s Role in CIA’s Torture Program by Amy Eddings
• Sea Levels Rising at Fastest Rate in 6,000 Years by Ring of Fire
• VIDEO! Glenn Greenwald: Why Privacy Matters by Joshua Schwitzerlett
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 10/13/14 CJ Werleman: Why Atheists Fail to Understand the 'Islamic Threat'
• TUESDAY 10/14/14 Edward E. Baptist: The Half Has Never Been Told: Slavery and the Making of American Capitalism
• WEDNESDAY 10/15/14 Jamie Kilstein & Allison Kilkenny: Newsfail
• THURSDAY 10/16/14 Ryan Grim: Kill The Messenger: How The Media Destroyed Gary Webb
• FRIDAY 10/17/14 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Isabel Gillies
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• Stocks plunge, Treasuries gain, oil tumbles by Stacy Herbert — Stacy Summary: More turmoil. Has Jim Cramer started yelling at Janet Yellen that “it’s no time to be an academic” blah blah blah. READ Treasuries Gain as Oil Drops Below $80 While Stocks Slide (bloomberg) Treasuries and the dollar climbed, oil fell below $80 a barrel and U.S. futures plunged more than 1 percent in one hour as concern deepened that global growth is slowing. European stocks slid an eighth day in the longest rout since 2003 and bonds from Greece to Spain tumbled. To put the European disaster into context: Heck of a job, everyone pic.twitter.com/1YyaVN4c4h — Mark Adomanis (@MarkAdomanis) October 14, 2014 AND Paris’s ’Squalor Pit’ Gare du Nord Becomes French Decline Symbol (bloomberg) On a recent afternoon at Paris’s Gare du Nord train station, a man leans against a lamppost with an empty wine bottle at his feet and spouts a jet of pink vomit over a parking bay for public bicycles. Locals hurry by, avoiding looking at the man, while visitors stare in fascinated horror.
• If the US Deficit is ‘only’ $483 Billion, why does the Government Have to Borrow $1.1 Trillion to Fill the Hole? by WolfStreet.com — We’re shocked and appalled: they’re lying to us, here in the land of open and transparent governance? Read…If the US Deficit is ‘only’ $483 Billion, why does the Government Have to Borrow $1.1 Trillion to Fill the Hole?.
• Propaganda 101 – How the Pentagon is Trying to Rewrite Vietnam War History by Michael Krieger — In case you weren’t aware, the Pentagon is set to roll out a 50th anniversary commemoration of the Vietnam War. As a part of this event, the Pentagon intends to rewrite history by whitewashing this period of civil unrest and government shame from American history. The propaganda is so blatant that it has resulted in many of the era’s most well known protestors and activists to come together in order to stop it… Read more HERE......
• Welcome to Arcadia – The California Suburb Where Wealthy Chinese Criminals are Building Mansions to Stash Cash by Michael Krieger — In some California communities, 90% of real estate buyers are from China. Yes, 90%. Naturally, many of them are buying multi-million dollar homes in “all cash” transactions. Well it appears that one of those communities is the 57,000 person Los Angeles suburb known as Arcadia. The suburb had a relatively insignificant Asian population of 4% in 1980, but it is now 59%. Of course, I could care less what the ethnic mix of any particular suburb is, but what does concern me is that a lot of the recent money coming in seems to be from questionable characters. The buyers are getting access to U.S. real estate via the EB-5 visa program, and of the 10,000 of these given away this year, 85% went to the Chinese. Oh, and it’s estimated some 20% of these home sit vacant. A great use of resources….. Read more HERE......
• KEISER REPORT [KR666] Keiser Report: Lucky Chinese Number We host episode 666! The mark of the beast? Or the mark of the financial regulator Nero’s fiddling while markets burn? We discuss the IMF warnings on the speculative bubbles caused by zero percent interest rates but the chaos that could ensue if rates return to ‘normal.’ Whatever that is. In the second half, we discuss 666 being a lucky number in China, where the economy is now bigger than the US, according to World Bank data.
• KEISER REPORT [KR667] Keiser Report: Trickle Down Terror! We discuss the case of trickle down clown terror as the clowns terrorizing California behave like the central banking clowns scaring the global markets. In the second half, Max interviews Professor Antal Fekete of FeketeResearch.com about deflation, bonds, and how it is that the current European depression is worse than the Great Depression of the 1930s when Fekete was a child.
• KEISER REPORT [KR668] Keiser Report: Punk Rock Gobbing from Central Bank We discuss Johnny Rotten calling Russell Brand a ‘bum hole’ and offer the Keiser Report show as a platform for a debate between the two. Max notes that quantitative easing is the central bank equivalent of punk rock gobbing. We highlight several of the many market distortions similar to the insanity leading up to the 1929 market crash – including $140,000 AUD cats. In the second half, Max continues with his interview of Professor Antal Fekete of FeketeResearch.com about how the 1921 bond market collapse led the US Federal Reserve & Treasury conspiring to illegally introduce open market operation, leading to a situation in which profits in the bond market are risk free while profits in the commodity market are NOT risk free.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS The Truth About Markets – 28 June 2014 Stacy Summary: We talk about bogus collateral driving global housing bubbles. Download show HERE (mp3)
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS The Truth About Cold Wars & Bad Facelifts Download show HERE (mp3) • Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday New show hours effective 5/26/2014 @ 12-3 PM Eastern! HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt - http://kpfk.org), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream....... New show hours effective 5/26/2014: 12-3 PM Eastern!
• 10/13/14 Dahr Jamail: Dahr Jamail, a Truthout staff reporter, discusses Baghdad’s vulnerability to an ISIS siege; why the US can’t get its Middle East allies to cooperate in the fight against the Islamic State; and his article “Iraqi Doctors Call Depleted Uranium Use ‘Genocide.’”
• 10/17/14 Gareth Porter: Gareth Porter, author of Manufactured Crisis: The Untold Story of the Iran Nuclear Scare, discusses his article “When the Ayatollah Said No to Nukes.”
• 10/17/14 Jonathan Landay: Jonathan Landay, a McClatchy Foreign Staff journalist, discusses the New York Times report about chemical weapons found in Iraq between 2004-2011; and why the Bush administration is still wrong about active WMD programs – the supposed reason for invasion.
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Dr. Anthony Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
• Rep Tim Murphy (R-PA), a member of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce
• Michael Osterholm, Director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota
• Republican and Democratic national party chairs: Reince Priebus and Rep Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml