Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Hands Up Cleveland From Marvin Gaye's 1971 Motown Records release What's Going On the last track is "Inner City Blues" that include these lyrics.
- Hang ups, let downs
Bad breaks, set backs
Natural fact is
Honey, that I can't pay my taxes
Oh, make me wanna holler
And throw up both my hands
Yea, it makes me wanna holler
And throw up both my hands
Crime is increasing
Trigger happy policing
Panic is spreading
God knows where, where we're heading
Oh, they don't understand
Make me wanna holler
They don't understand
SCOTTISH DEVOLUTION: The Guardian.com's Ashley Cowburn and Toby Helm explain how The north hits back at Osborne’s austerity: ‘it’s devolution or bust’ In his office in Newcastle, the Labour leader of the local council, Nick Forbes, is counting the cost to his city of four years of crippling austerity, and wondering what will be left at the end of it all. “Everything has been affected by the cuts,” he says. “There are a lot of things that the council no longer does that it used to do in 2010. We used to have a play service and a youth service – we no longer have either of those. We’ve had to close a number of libraries.” Things are close to the point of no return, he says. Newcastle has already had £151m wiped from its revenue since 2010 and is now agonising over finding another £90m of cuts over the next three years. Two-thirds of what the council spends is on adult and children’s social care, and much of that is provision to meet statutory needs defined by parliament. “Unless something changes in the next three years, our ability to provide these services will certainly be constrained,” says Forbes. “We are going to get into the realm of impossible cuts because we cannot legally or morally not support children who are at risk of sexual or violent abuse. This is keeping virtually every local authority awake at night.” ............. For Forbes, whose city is just 100 miles from the Scottish border, last week’s announcement of more devolution to Scotland – including new powers to set income tax – has added to a sense of grievance and envy, and highlighted the need for a similar dispersal of power from the capital to regions south of the border. Newcastle must have devolution if it is to avoid disaster, he says. If the city could retain more in tax revenues that currently heads south to London, then local people and politicians could devise local solutions to local problems and plan for their futures, rather than be at the mercy of annual cuts imposed by Whitehall. “Most of the decisions that affect our city are taken 300 miles away, and I defy anybody sat behind a desk in Whitehall to share the same passion or have the same knowledge about the city as we do here in Newcastle. 95% of the taxes raised here go directly towards the Treasury.” .............. Forbes says it is now a race against time to devolve more power and money to the regions before further rounds of savage cuts strip cities of essential services and leave local authorities with nothing left to manage. “It’s all very well talking about devolution but if there’s nothing left to devolve to then it’s a meaningless exercise. What’s happening at the moment is that the scale of cuts means that local authorities are stopping doing virtual every area of non-statutory service provision. In effect, local government is becoming a hollow shell, simply for the delivery of national government initiatives. There’s no time to lose here.” ................ “One of the things I have found by being one of the council leaders who is pointing out the impact of local austerity is that sometimes I feel like a whistleblower. Like many whistleblowers have found, I’ve been subject to a fair amount of criticism and abuse – that doesn’t mean the message I’m giving is not the truth. I would urge people who are concerned about the impact to public services to see the bigger picture and, like me, help to make the case against austerity.”....... WAIT! THERE'S MORE! From STV.tv this video Hundreds of people protest against Government's austerity measures Hundreds of people marched through the streets of Dundee on Saturday in protest against the Government's austerity measures. The demonstration, organised by the Scottish Unemployed Worker's Network and the SNP, highlighted the increasing numbers affected by welfare sanctions. SNP deputy leader Stewart Hosie MP joined campaigners, which included Dundee mother Charmaine Donachy who says she has been a victim of tough new Welfare sanctions. Ms Donachy said her benefits were cut off for a month after she failed to turn up for an appointment that she insists she knew nothing about. The Department for Work and Pensions says sanctions are only used as a last resort and can be challenged. Then read Paul Hilder at the NewStatesman.com A new politics? How the old political consensus is melting away Over the coming months and years, this new politics will shake the British establishment to its foundations. It has many faces but a common origin: the growing consensus that the status quo is broken. The British political landscape was hit by an earthquake this autumn, and its name is new politics. I have charted its rise for years and suddenly it’s centre stage. Change is coming from all directions. It seems cacophonous. The social-democratic “Yes” movement in Scotland and the UK Independence Party’s populist “No to immigration and Brussels” are poles apart. But they share an adversary in the form of Westminster, and they are carving deep into the base of Labour and the Conservatives – neither of which now looks able to form a majority government next May.........
SWEDISH TEA? The Swedish Government snap election in September resulted in a RW 13% that overtook 87%. To explain what this means we go to JONATHAN M. FELDMAN at Counterpunch.org Has the Swedish Left Lost Again? On September 14th, national elections were held for the Swedish parliament and led to the departure of the sitting Right-wing government. The new political alignment gave the Left bloc 43.8%, of the vote, with the Right bloc (Alliansen) only getting 39.3% according to the latest statistics. The big election winner was the Swedish Democrats (Sverige Demokraterna or SD), the far-Right party hostile to established Swedish immigration policy and many say immigrants themselves. In 2002, SD received only 1.4% of the vote. In 2006, this increased to 2.93% of the vote. By the 2010 parliamentary elections they got into the parliament with 5.7% of the vote (passing the 4% threshold for entry into the parliament). This year they got 12.9% of the vote. The SD got 29% of their voters this year from those who voted for the leading right-wing party, the Moderates in the last election. They got 16% from the leading Left party, the Social Democrats.......... This points to a growing disavowal of both major parties whose similarities were more important to many voters than their differences. The result has led to a failure of either the Alliansen or the Left to gain control of the parliament through their own votes, i.e. SD has imploded the hegemony of both major blocs. ................ From a Left perspective one can ask how these events came to pass. How did a party, that some persons argue have roots in Sweden’s Nazi movement, gain hundreds of thousands of votes? If SD is the party of the disgruntled, why can’t the Left capture such votes? One answer could be that with the realignment of class relations and stratification systems, the Left draws its base from persons who are relatively comfortable. The Left is implicated in policies that inevitably lead to winners or losers. The losers, who can’t find jobs in a globalized Sweden, turn against established parties. A third possibility is that the Left itself is filled with delusions or a failure to change its outlook and strategies to enhance success. In his essay, “Notes on Nationalism,” George Orwell gives us a formula for understanding how even the Left can be subjected to an ideological system and is deluded. Orwell wrote that “a nationalist is one who thinks solely, or mainly, in terms of competitive prestige.” He argued that nationalism was “power-hunger tempered by self-deception.” Moreover, “every nationalist is capable of the most flagrant dishonesty, but he is also—since he is conscious of serving something bigger than himself—unshakably certain of being in the right.” The nationalist looks to support their favorite cause, but “only AFTER this would begin searching for arguments that seemed to support his cause.” Orwell explained that even “people of Left opinions” were “not immune” to nationalism. I am less interested in Orwell’s view of nationalism than I am his view of how discourse is deployed and can lead to self-deception by the Left......... There are five core myths within the Left which help prevent a systemic challenge to SD and the respectable Right. Read on! Say isn't it the Swedish Government that caused Julian Assange to seek immunity for some trumped up charges? Julian Assange: Swedish court rejects appeal to lift arrest warrant Stockholm’s appeal court has rejected a demand by Julian Assange’s lawyers to lift the arrest warrant against him, leaving the WikiLeaks founder still facing extradition to Sweden should he renounce his asylum in Ecuador’s London embassy. ............. But the court also noted that Sweden’s investigation into Assange had come to a halt and prosecutors’ failure to examine alternative avenues of investigation “is not in line with their obligation – in the interests of everyone concerned – to move the preliminary investigation forward”. The ruling is expected to put pressure on prosecutors to find new ways to break the deadlock. Per Samuelsson, one of Assange’s lawyers in Stockholm, said the court’s criticism of the prosecutor was aimed at her refusal to come to London to question Assange. “This is crucial because the court said we were right in the wording, but not in the court’s actual decision,” he said. After the ruling he had spoken to Assange, who was disappointed but confident that they would prevail in the long run. “Swedish and international law is on our side,” Samuelsson said. “The ruling shows we are on the right track, but unfortunately the court of appeal did not have the courage to overturn the arrest warrant.”............
H RES 758: FreeUkraineNow.org "Stopping US-NATO takeover of Ukraine and Russia" has this BREAKING: U.S. Representatives approve resolution condemning Russia, with update This is truly one of the lowest points ever taken in American conduct. The shocking vote of 411 in favor, 10 against, 13 not voting, took place this morning http://www.c-span.org/video/?323075-1/us-house-legislative-business — at approximately 2:02 on the video; includes transcript. The vote roll-call is here: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2014/roll548.xml
The 10 “No” votes were:
- Justin Amash (MI) Rep
- John Duncan (TN) Rep
- Alan Grayson (FL) Dem
- Alcee Hastings (FL) Dem
- Walter Jones (NC) Rep
- Thomas Massie (KY) Rep
- Jim McDermott (WA) Dem
- George Miller (CA) Dem
- Beto O’Rourke (TX) Dem
- Dana Rohrabacher (CA) Rep
- ‘House of Representatives’ resolution declares Cold War’
- ‘NATO’s disastrous expansion at the core of the Ukraine conflict’
- House of Representatives passes resolution against Russia
- Breaking: Adoption of House of Representatives Resolution: Provides De Facto “Green Light” to Obama to “Declare War on Russia”
- The Nation's John Nichols on living wage and retail workers bill of rights It Is Time for a Retail Workers’ Bill of Rights The unfortunate reality is that action on workplace issues, like action on a meaningful increase in the minimum wage, will be hard to come by in the next Congress. But states and communities can pick up on the San Francisco initiative. And the federal government can send the right signal.
- John Deans with greenpeace.org 71077345 ShellOil artic lease BREAKING: Shell announces 2015 Arctic drilling plans “The Dutch oil giant has bungled its way through its Arctic operations and squandered nearly $6 billion so far– and all they have to show for it is a containment dome crushed like a beer can, a grounded drill rig, and a PR disaster. Even with all of the money they’ve spent, Shell hasn’t been able to prove they can operate in the Arctic.”
- 3rd world bank climate report on unchecked emmissions This Is The Dystopian World We Are Leaving For Today’s Teenagers Called “Turn Down The Heat,” the report warns of a “new climate normal” that will create a world of increased risks and instability. This will add substantially to the already daunting challenges of global development and poverty reduction, as crop yields would decline, water resources dwindle or shift, ocean acidification accelerate, and sea levels continue to rise and disrupt heavily-populated coastal regions.
- Refusal to prosecute officials who engage in or sanction torture of prisoners
- Detaining prisoners indefinitely without trial or other judicial proceeding, or any hope of release
- Kidnapping individuals overseas and torturing them in secret prisons
- Approving a manual for interrogation of prisoners that includes methods classified as torture under the Geneva Conventions
- Imprisoning immigrants under degrading conditions and refusing to acknowledge their claims as refugees fleeing persecution
- Imposing the death penalty on hundreds of prisoners, many of them from oppressed racial and ethnic minorities, many of them demonstrably innocent or unfairly tried
- Widespread use of solitary confinement, considered a form of torture, at all levels of the prison system
- Severe abuse of juveniles, pregnant women and other vulnerable groups both in police custody and in prisons
- Maintaining a regime of police violence, particularly against young men from racial and ethnic minorities, and refusing to restrain or punish police who kill, wound or torture
- I think my real change came after 9/11 and the invasion of Iraq. I was covering the CIA as a beat then. And to me, it was fascinating talking to CIA people right after the invasion of Iraq and right before the invasion of Iraq, because it was kind of like privately talking to a bunch of Howard Deans. They were all radicalized against what Bush was doing.
To me it was wild to hear all of these people inside the intelligence community, especially in 2003, 2004, who were just going nuts. They couldn’t believe the radical change the United States was going through, and that nobody was opposed to it. And that led me to write my last book, State of War, because I was hearing things from within the intelligence community and the U.S. government that you weren’t hearing publicly from anybody. So that really led me to realize—and to step back and look at—the radical departure of U.S. policy that has happened since 9/11 and since the invasion of Iraq.
To me, it’s not like I’ve been radicalized, I feel like I stayed in the same place and the country changed. The country became more radicalized in a different direction.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Alicia Garza, co-creator of "Black Lives Matter" & Dante Barry, organizer at Center for Media Justice and Million Hoodies Movement for Justice "Not One More Darren Wilson, Not One More Mike Brown": National Protests Continue Ferguson Struggle
- Michael Eric Dyson, University Professor of Sociology at Georgetown University Dehumanizing the Black Lives of America: Michael Eric Dyson on Ferguson, Police Brutality and Race
- Sharif Abdel Kouddous, Democracy Now! correspondent in Cairo & Hossam Bahgat, Egyptian journalist and human rights activist based in New York City "A Dark Moment in Egypt’s History": Former Dictator Hosni Mubarak Cleared in Death of Protesters
- Ashley Yates, an activist, poet and artist who is co-creator of Millennial Activists United The Root is Racism in America: Ferguson Activist Speaks Out on Police Abuses After Meeting Obama
- James Peterson, director of Africana studies and associate professor of English at Lehigh University Will Obama’s Police Reforms Bring Change? Admin Urged to Seize Political Momentum of Ferguson Moment
- Panetti’s attorney, Kathryn Kase, and Ron Honberg, national director for policy and legal affairs of the National Alliance on Mental Illnes Will Texas Execute a Schizophrenic Man Who Tried to Subpoena Jesus, JFK & the Pope at His Own Trial?
- Dr. Jens Modvig, member of the U.N. Committee Against Torture United Nations Panel Slams U.S. Record on Police Brutality, Torture, Child Migrants & Guantánamo
- Jennifer Gibson, staff attorney at the international legal charity Reprieve "A "Precise" U.S. Drone War? Report Says 28 Unidentified Victims Killed for Every 1 Target
- Mark Colville, member of Amistad Catholic Worker Peace Activist Sentenced for Protesting at Drone Base Near Syracuse, NY
- Clemente Rodríguez & Roberto Lovato Father of Missing Mexican Student Speaks Out as U.S. Protesters Stage Day of Action Against Drug War
- Elena Gálvez & Ariel Goodman Ecuadorean Authorities Seize Climate Caravan Bus Carrying Activists Opposed to Drilling in Yasuni
- Brandon Davidson, nephew of Eric Garner "I Can’t Breathe": As Protests Erupt in NYC, Eric Garner’s Nephew Speaks Out on Grand Jury Ruling
- Democracy Now! producer Renée Feltz and video producer Messiah Rhodes "I Fear for the Lives of My Sons": Voices from NYC Protests over Eric Garner Grand Jury Ruling
- Vince Warren, executive director of the Center for Constitutional Rights Vince Warren on How Police Officers Get Away with Killing from Ferguson to NYC
- Alice Slater, New York director of the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation Out Cheneying-Cheney: Obama’s Likely Defense Pick Once Backed Pre-emptive Attack on North Korea
- Juan Gonzalez, Democracy Now! co-host and New York Daily News columnist Pioneering Politician Herman Badillo, the First Puerto Rican Elected to Congress, Dies at 85
- HANDS UP DON'T SHOOT Protests Shutting Down the Streets: Thousands Protest Police Killings by Blocking Traffic & Staging Die-ins
- Harry Siegel, columnist and editorial writer for the New York Daily News Did the NYPD Let Eric Garner Die? Video Shows Police Ignored Pleas to Help Him After Chokehold
- Retired NYPD detective Graham Weatherspoon, The Nation's Mychal Denzel Smith & Harry Siegel, columnist at the New York Daily News A Racist and Unjust System? A Discussion on Policing in Wake of Michael Brown and Eric Garner Deaths
- Democratic Ohio state Senator Nina Turner, Weatherspoon, Smith & Siegel The Killing of Tamir Rice: Cleveland Police Criticized for Shooting 12-Year-Old Holding Toy Gun
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders - New Episode Every Monday at TELESUR »»» VIDEO OF THE WEEK ACT UP Against Ebola: Organizing Against Fear Healthcare panic surrounding ebola seems familiar to activists of the ACT Up era. Should we focusing on science or sensationalism? Anne-christine d'Adesky and National Nurses United's Deborah Burger on GRITtv.
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» SUNDAY FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA on NBC Patriots @ Chargers 8:30 pm et »»» MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on ESPN Falcons @ Packers 8:30 pm et »»» THURSDAY NBA DOUBLEHEADER ON TNT CAVS @ Thunder on 8 pm et then Rockets @ Kings 10:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Tell the FCC: No Frankenstein Net Neutrality The FCC is considering a new plan that has the same big problems we’ve been protesting against all year. Tell the agency we’ll accept nothing less than REAL Net Neutrality. Just how bad is it? This new proposal: • Would allow broadband providers to cut specialized deals with companies to reach Internet users. • Still gives us slow lanes and gives users no real protection against discrimination from Internet service providers. • Rests on shaky legal arguments that won’t stand up in court. This isn't what millions of us have been fighting for. SIGN NOW at Tell Chairman Wheeler: No Frankenstein Net Neutrality at freepress.net NOW.
Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice. These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation! NEW!!! NATION ACTION! Stop the Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger! GO THERE NOW!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Chelsea Manning Support Network Announcing the "Chelsea Manning Support Network" March 19, 2014. By CMSN. PVT Manning has filed to change her name legally to "Chelsea Elizabeth Manning" and to receive hormone therapy. To show our support in this struggle, we are renaming ourselves to the "Chelsea Manning Support Network." ..... UPDATE! New Action- write letters to DoD officials requesting clemency for Chelsea! AND Chelsea's new appeals team named a leading US firm Dec 2, 2014. The National Law Journal and Law.com has named Freedman, Boyd Hollander, Goldberg, Urias & Ward as one of the "Top 50 Leading Plaintiff Firms in America"..........
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
Meet ABC News' Newest Contributor, Laura Ingraham 10 Moments That Illustrate The Right-Wing Radio Host's Fringe Viewpoints And Disdain For Civil Discourse - Ingraham has repeatedly engaged in inflammatory and hateful rhetoric, lobbing numerous attacks against everyone from President Obama to people who receive government assistance to her favorite target, immigrants. Here are 10 hateful moments from Ingraham in the past year...
• New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio
• Former New York City police commissioner Ray Kelly
• Gov. John Kasich, R-Ohio
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News political analyst Matthew Dowd, CNN political commentator Van Jones, National Review editor Rich Lowry, and Rep. Loretta Sanchez, D-Calif.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• New York City Police Commissioner William Bratton
• NAACP President Cornell William Brooks
• Soledad O'Brien, Executive Producer and Director of "Black in America," a documentary about the death of Eric Garner
• Camden County Police Chief J. Scott Thomson
• CBS News Justice and Homeland Security Correspondent Bob Orr will join us to preview the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence report
• British Ambassador Peter Westmacott
• ROUNDTABLE: Charles Blow of The New York Times, Gerald Seib of the Wall Street Journal, and David Ignatius of the Washington Post, Jeanne Cummings of Bloomberg Politics
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• CBS' '60 Minutes' admits to faking Tesla car noise
• Sunday, Dec. 7 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• The Spill at Dan River
• Disrupting Cancer
• The City of Music
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host Chuck Todd
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture 07/15/12 — NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
All legal notices should be sent by mail to the editor-in-chief NBCNews.com, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052
• Esaw Garner, widow of the unarmed black man whose chokehold death has sparked protests across the country
• Rev. Al Sharpton
• Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter
• Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed
• Cyrus Vance, Manhattan district attorney
• Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, governor-elect.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• Former President George W. Bush
• Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro and his brother – Congressman Joaquin Castro
• Congressman Mike Rogers, Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• Thorn in the Side Thursday! Bob decodes Pastor Mike Huckerbee's racist blame-the-victim INCLUDING the NEW word for BLAH people *: "THUG" and more Hockey Puck moments! Listen here NOW! Thursday, December 4th, 2014 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - December 4, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Germany's biggest utility spins off its fossil fuel assets; Are fossil fuel companies running scared? Florida punishes homeowners for not polluting; PLUS: MSNBC's big infomercial for Big Coal... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries; See what your city will look like with rising sea levels; NASA: rate of Antarctic ice melt triples in a decade; CO2 emissions produce maximum warming in 10 years; India considers emissions peak 2035-50; Russia's proposed pipeline falls victim to low prices; MIT: no health impacts from wind turbine noise ... PLUS: The Way We Weren’t: Inhofe Singles out Streisand as Global Warming Hoaxer in Chief... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - December 2, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: UN climate summit underway to map the future of global warming; California hit by record rain, amid record drought; Global implications of falling oil prices; PLUS: The toxic legacy of the world's worst industrial disaster thirty years later... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADCAST! Unspinning Climate Change with Dr. Michael Mann and 'Recounting' Arizona: KPFK 'BradCast' Plus MUCH MORE this week...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Not Voting IS a Vote Stop blaming those who didn't turn out. Americans did vote. By not turning out, they voted against the two major parties and against the system as a whole. It may have been a dumb vote, but it was a landslide...
• BRADBLOG VIDEO! East Coast/West Coast Investigative Election Integrity Muckraking with Friedman and Palast on Hartmann TV!
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! 'Recount' and Controversy in Arizona U.S. House RaceRazor-thin computer-reported margin, failed paper-ballot tabulators, untallied provisionals, terrible 'recount' rules leave Barber-McSally contest in AZ-2 unsettled...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! House Judiciary Letter Suggests Impeachment for Wife-Beating Federal Judge Goodlatte (R) and Conyers (D) seek update from 11th Circuit Court, cite potential impeachment of Judge Mark Fuller...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! NC Repubs Trying to Run-Out Clock on Voter Suppression Lawsuit (Again)? Plaintiffs charge state attempt to reschedule next summer's federal trial 'unsupportable', 'disingenuous'...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• 3 Dec 2014 PBC News & Comment: Iran’s Air Force Joins the Fray, Bombs Islamic State in Iraq Iran joins the anti-Islamic State free-for-all, sends fighter jets to Diyala province in Iraq; US, Iran both deny coordination….
• 4 Dec 2014 PBC News & Comment: Jason Leopold Reports that Senate Torture “Review” to be Released in Days –after 2 years of delay and infighting, including a Senate-CIA showdown, Feinstein’s torture review set for release, says Jason Leopold…
• 5 Dec 2014 PBC News & Comment: Obama Nominates Ashton Carter as Defense Secretary –Obama names new Pentagon chief, Ashton B. Carter, to manage the war machine; he’s considered hawkish on Syria, Iraq war…. .
• PBC Standard Podcast November 25, 2014 Green Chemistry Isn’t About Perfection, But Works to Reduce Toxic Chemicals Meet the “father of green chemistry”, Dr. John C. Warner. The former research head for Polaroid founded the Warner Babcock Institute and co-authored the book Green Chemistry. He defines his vision, and notes that industry is way ahead of academia in embracing his principles.
• PBC Standard Podcast December 5, 2014 Progressive Think Tanker Dave Johnson Asks: Is the Democratic Party Relevant Anymore? Following the mid-term elections, your humble host tagged the Democratic Party as “increasingly irrelevant”. In a recent article, Dave Johnson asks the question, and surveys recent progressive commentary.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
• This Week on Ring of Fire December 5, 2014 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
»» The Best of Ring of Fire Radio!
»» Author Naomi Klein will join us to talk about her new book “This Changes Everything.”
»» Michael Burg will explain how employer wage theft is threatening the minimum wage movement.
»» And author Daniel Schulman will explain everything you ever wanted to know about the Koch brothers’ rise to power.
• This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! - Sundays at NOON!
»» Guest list TBA. Watch at FSTV
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• VIDEO! Pap and Abby Martin: How the Eric Garner Case Exposed the Sham of Grand Juries by Gary Bentley - Abby Martin speaks with America’s Lawyer, Mike Papantonio and former DC police officer, Ronald Hampton, about the decision by a grand jury not to indict New York police officer, Daniel Pantaleo, over the choking death of 43-year-old Eric Garner.
• VIDEO! Watch This and Understand Wall Street is Setting This Up Again. No Regulations on the Book to Stop It by Guest Blogger
• VIDEO! Pap and Thom Hartmann: How Do “We” Decide Who Can Be Cops? by Gary Bentley - America’s Lawyer, Mike Papantonio, joins Thom Hartmann to talk about racism in the criminal justice system.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 12/1/14 Ferguson & The Crisis of Police Violence Against Black Men
• TUESDAY 12/2/14 Karen Piper: The Price of Thirst, Global Water Inequality and the Coming Chaos
• WEDNESDAY 12/3/14 Maya Schenwar: Why Prison's Don't Work
• THURSDAY 12/4/14 Dani McClain: The Assault on Young Black Life
• FRIDAY 12/5/14 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Film Guy Matthew Weiss
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• New G20 Rules: Cyprus-style Bail-ins to Hit Depositors AND Pensioners by Ellen Brown — On the weekend of November 16th, the G20 leaders whisked into Brisbane, posed for their photo ops, approved some proposals, made a show of roundly disapproving of Russian President Vladimir Putin, and whisked out again. It was all so fast, they may not have known what they were endorsing when they rubber-stamped the Financial Stability Board’s “Adequacy of Loss-Absorbing Capacity of Global Systemically Important Banks in Resolution,” which completely changes the rules of banking. READ MORE
• Video of the Day – This Is What Happens When You Call the Cops by Michael Krieger — In a healthy, moral and civilized society defined by the rule of law, police can play an important role. They should be people who come from the communities they promise to “protect and serve.” They should view themselves as a part of these communities, not as something separate and distinct. Police should see their jobs as having a great degree of risk, and must be willing to accept that risk. This means not pretending to be a solider at war, not choosing the most violent solution to every problem, and not viewing the citizenry as milk cows ready and willing to be drained of their assets via civil forfeiture. Unfortunately, this isn’t the state of the police in America in 2014… Read the rest HERE...........
• ECB Draghi’s QE Battle With Germany; Rules Out ECB Gold Buying by Mark O'Byrne — Speaking in the ECB’s new 1.3 billion euro headquarters, an imposing Frankfurt skyscraper designed to show the strength of the ‘single’ currency, Draghi threw down the gauntlet to Germany and signaled that he would not allow opposition from Germany or anyone else to stop the ECB’s QE. Despite the fact that it has failed in Japan and is meeting with mixed success in the UK and U.S. In his clearest language yet, Mario Draghi underlined his desire and commitment to debt monetisation, and argued the case for creating new money to buy assets such as government bonds. He made the comments during the question and answer period of his monthly press conference following the ECB’s monetary policy meeting. Interestingly, Draghi ruled out the printing of money to buy gold bullion. He was asked what types of assets the ECB would buy as part of its quantitative easing program. He responded, “we discussed all assets but gold.”…READ ECB Draghi’s QE Battle With Germany; Rules Out ECB Gold Buying (goldcore.com)
• Wall Street Moves to Put Taxpayers on the Hook for Derivatives Trades by Michael Krieger — Wall Street has for some time attempted to put taxpayers on the hook for its derivatives trades. I highlighted this a year ago in the post: Citigroup Written Legislation Moves Through the House of Representatives. Fortunately, that bill never made it to a vote on the Senate floor, but now Wall Street is trying to sneak it into a bill needed to keep the government running. Can’t make this stuff up…Read the rest HERE.
• KEISER REPORT [KR687] Keiser Report: Russell Brand for London Mayor! We discuss the fact that Britain’s days as a haven of political, economic stability are numbered and everyone is saying it. Also numbered, are America’s days as the so-called ‘United States of Arabia’ as oil price wars put the heat on shale oil producers. In the second half Max interviews Liam Halligan, journalist at the Telegraph and BNE, about why it is that APEC means so much more than the G20 and about Japan’s out of control Quantitative Easing.
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Dutch Gold Repatriation We are joined by Liam Halligan of Business New Europe (www.bne.eu) to discuss Martin Wolf’s analytical article in the Financial Times about the “radical measures” needed to combat our “unusual economic ills.” We also discuss Max’s response, published as the lead “Letters” item in the FT. In the second half, Max interviews Chris Powell of GATA about the failed Swiss Gold Initiative, the successful Dutch repatriation of 122 tons of gold and about the negative GOFO rates in the gold market.
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Unjust Road to Independence We look at the injustice which may lead to independence, from “embarrassed” RBS bankers getting away with mortgage fraud to the Washington DC police department scheduling future Civil Asset Forfeitures to meet budget requirements. In the second half, Max continues his interview with Chris Powell of GATA about negative GOFO rates in the gold market.
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday New show hours effective 5/26/2014 @ 12-3 PM Eastern! HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt - http://kpfk.org), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream....... New show hours effective 5/26/2014: 12-3 PM Eastern!
• 12/02/14 Patrick L. Smith: Patrick L. Smith, a journalist with Salon.com and author of Time No Longer: Americans After the American Century, discuses what the surprise Saudi-instigated oil price drop has to do with Obama, Putin and Xi meeting in Beijing at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Summit in November.
• 11/18/14 Jacob Hornberger: Jacob Hornberger, founder and president of The Future of Freedom Foundation, discusses how the United States lost the Cold War by adopting the totalitarian features of the Soviet Union; and how to better the economy by cutting the Pentagon’s budget and using the proceeds for productive purposes.
• 12/04/14 Chris Woods: Chris Woods, an investigative reporter on national security issues, discusses his article “Pentagon in Denial About Civilian Casualties of U.S. Airstrikes in Iraq and Syria.”
• 12/05/14 Ray McGovern: Ray McGovern, a former CIA analyst turned peace activist, discusses why the MSM is finally telling the truth about the US’s responsibility for Ukraine’s problems; and the House of Representatives resolution that essentially declares another Cold War with Russia.
• 12/05/14 Philip Giraldi: Philip Giraldi, Executive Director of The Council for the National Interest, discusses his article “Neocons Triumphant in Washington and Geneva;” and why Chuck Hagel really got forced out of his Secretary of Defense job.
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Radio Talk Show Host Rush Limbaugh
• LA Gov Bobby Jindal (R)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml