Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
2015 Spring Forward! We totally missed last week! We were busy getting ready for WRUW's Live From Cleveland's FIRST EVER LIVE REMOTE BROADCAST endeavor, a new station fundraiser we're calling "Live From Lakewood!" (like us on da facebuuk when ya click over). Last Saturday we scoped out the club and nailed down details like where we will set up, check the internet connection, how we interface with the house sound to send audio back to the station and more logistical details. Then we reconvened in Studio B on Sunday to cut our promo spot (amazing how a 1:30 spot can take 3 hours to produce!). The show will air LIVE on the 'net on WRUW.org/listen-live and on the FIFTEEN THOUSAND WATT WRUW-FM 91.1 radio in Cleveland on THURSDAY April 2nd from 8 pm et until 1 am et! Yours Truly will be engineering and producing the entire broadcast and even doing some interviews on-air too! See the station's events page "Live from Cleveland Presents: Live from Lakewood!" for more info! Mark yer calendars and tune in! Let's see if we can crash the WURW streaming server! haha! MEANWHILE IN the Wide Wide World of National and International News we're working on lots of STUFF from the last two weeks and we'll post more later today. In the meantime we've compiled stories from all our regulars for you to sift through plus this week's guests on the corporomedia's Sunday Talkies for you to throw bricks at! Feel free to comment below with your stories of corporate/government malfeasance and media manipulation of the masses! Tell yer peeps! And don't forget our side board with nuggets like The Rude Pundit's Tom Cotton Pleasures Himself in Front of the Senate! ...... Still silent, some would later say disturbingly so, he took the dildo, held it up for all to see, and then, with one hand, he inserted it into his asshole. The only indication on his face that he was pushing a hard plastic phallus into his sphincter was a determined stare and a couple of sudden intakes of air. Then he started his speech, one hand on the mic, the other manipulating the dildo, in, out, a twist every now and then. ..... You got that, right? Tom Cotton, the author of the letter from 47 GOP senators telling Iran not to trust the president on a deal to give up nuclear arms, is worried that the words of the president and his aides might have negative influence on Israel. No, wait. On Netanyahu. Because you can sure as hell bet that had the Zionist Union and Isaac Herzog had won, Cotton wouldn't have said a goddamned word. Cotton concluded with threats to the United Nations should it say mean things to Israel, too. And, without a hint of shame, his jizz on the ground in front of him, the dildo being moved slowly, delicately, even......... He went silent again and removed the dildo from his anus, pulling up his pants after. He took out an anti-bacterial cloth and wiped it down before carefully placing it back in the velvet and shutting the case. As he walked away, Lindsey Graham was heard telling an aide, "Find out where I can get one of those Bibi penises." Happy Sunday and Happy Spring to one and all! Check back later today for more news, comment and outrage!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ We're back! A few days late and a few dollars short but read on! Click anything and be instantly smarter! ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
WISCONSIN RIGHT TO WORK FOR LESS: Sarah Jaffe at Salon.com explains how Scott Walker pushes through “right-to-work” law — and labor takes another hit In Madison, "right-to-work" protesters joined Black Lives Matter youth to take on Walker and a new police killing .............. As Jennifer Epps-Addison of Wisconsin Jobs Now tells Salon, “This generational poverty that is being inflicted, particularly on the black community in Milwaukee, is a form of state violence that desensitizes the rest of the Wisconsin community to these killings, and makes the rest of our state see a justification in these police murders.” And what we now call “right-to-work” laws were spread in part by racist rhetoric that exploited already-existing divisions in order to pass laws that took rights away from all working people. ...................... These laws are designed to defund unions, pure and simple. They don’t make organizing impossible — the history of the Culinary Workers, UNITE HERE Local 226 in Nevada, attests to that. But they drain the coffers of unions, limiting their ability to do other political work or engage in organizing workers who don’t yet have a union. The fact that we refer to these laws as “right-to-work” is one of the most successful branding operations the right has ever run, and labor has struggled to come up with an answer for it. Yet for years these laws were mostly limited to the South and Southwest, where race-baiting (and Red-baiting) had helped them succeed. Before they were “right-to-work” laws, the name was, if possible, even more Orwellian: “The American Plan,” as Mark Ames notes, not so subtly aligning unions with things un-American, Communist and not white. (Think of people shouting about Obama’s birth certificate, and you’ll get the gist.) But “right-to-work” was the name that stuck, giving a rights-conscious, progressive-sounding name to a bill sold with virulently racist campaigns that promised to uphold “the color line.” ...................... The movement, though, continues. On Wednesday, March 11, as part of a national “We Rise” day of action that is slated to include more than 20 events in 16 states, Wisconsin workers and their supporters, organized by groups including the Young, Gifted and Black Coalition, Ferguson to Madison, Youth Empowered in the Struggle, and Wisconsin Jobs Now, will come together to draw connections between attacks on union rights, growing poverty, mass incarceration and state violence. Jennifer Epps-Addison explains,
- “This action was planned before the murder of Tony Robinson. The real goal for the action was to lift up the voices of young people, of people of color, of nonunion workers in this movement for economic and racial justice, particularly in light of right to work and the impact of right to work on those communities.”
At LiveScience.com staff writer Tanya Lewis explains how Florida Isn't the Only State to 'Ban' Climate Change Florida, one of the states most susceptible to the effects of climate change and sea-level rise, verbally banned state environmental officials from using the term "climate change," an investigation revealed. But the Sunshine State isn't the only U.S. state that has attempted to "outlaw" climate science. North Carolina, Louisiana and Tennessee have all passed laws that attempt to cast doubt on established climate science in boardrooms and classrooms. The reality of climate change due to human activity has been widely accepted by climate scientists, and some experts worry that attempts to deny the science could prevent states from preparing for sea level rise, extreme weather and other effects of a warming planet. [6 Politicians Who Got the Science Wrong]
In an investigation published yesterday (March 8), the Florida Center for Investigative Reporting (FCIR) found evidence of an unwritten policy that banned officials at the state's Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) from using specific terms related to climate change in official communications, emails or reports. "We were instructed by our regional administrator that we were no longer allowed to use the terms 'global warming' or 'climate change,' or even 'sea-level rise,'" Kristina Trotta, a former DEP employee who worked in Miami, told the FCIR. "Sea-level rise was to be referred to as 'nuisance flooding,'" Trotta added. .................... But long before Florida unofficially banned these climate-related terms, other states passed laws attempting to limit the influence of climate change on land policies and education........... While yer there also see The Reality of Climate Change: 10 Myths Busted AND 8 Ways Global Warming Is Already Changing the World
The Brick TeeVee Crew is sad to report Abby Martin Leaving RT, “Breaking The Set” .............. Abby concludes the final episode by explaining why BTS has been such an important part of her life and why we should never stop Breaking the Set.
- Never Stop Breaking the Set: RT has given me opportunities I will be eternally thankful for and hosting Breaking the Set has been the best and most invaluable experience of my life. I never imagined the kind of support the show would generate, proving how many people are hungry for raw truth and systemic change. Throughout the course of the show, I’m most proud of the stories we’ve done on the road – Pine Ridge, Detroit, Gulf Coast, Guantanamo Bay and soon to be released Cuba. As such, after almost three years of reporting from the studio I’ve decided to focus on investigative field reporting. Please note I’m not stopping or going anywhere. If I can’t find a network to host my new show vision with the same editorial freedom, I will turn to crowdsourcing. And until I establish my next venture I’ll be writing daily, producing video shorts, podcasting and doing talks around the world. Please follow me on facebook, youtube and twitter to stay tuned to my next move. I’m excited to put all my heart into the last two weeks of the show and celebrate a great run, all of which wouldn’t have been possible without you. Much love and appreciation to everyone for supporting me and my future endeavors. Never stop Breaking the Set. -Abby
Writing at MondoWeiss.com Phillip Weiss profiles the Senator who spearheaded letter to Iran got $1 million from Kristol’s ‘Emergency C’tee for Israel’ AND
Lee Fang at The Intercept discovers Immediately After Launching Effort to Scuttle Iran Deal, Senator Tom Cotton To Meet with Defense Contractors Can you beleive it? OF course you can! Also at The Nation reporting fellow with the Investigative Fund at the Nation Institute Ali Gharib tells us to Meet Tom Cotton, the Senator Behind the Republicans’ Letter to Iran
And Susie Madrak at CrooksAndLiars.com has a good summary You Will Be Shocked To Know Who's Been Grooming Tehran Tom. PLUS at Democracy NOW! watch
Ex-U.S. Official: With Iran Letter, "Reckless" GOP Places Middle East Hegemony over Security featuring Hillary Mann Leverett who "served as National Security Council—in the National Security Council under Presidents Clinton and Bush. From 2001 to '03, she was a U.S. negotiator with Iran on Afghanistan, al-Qaeda and Iraq, in which capacity she negotiated directly with Iran's present foreign minister, Javad Zarif" and also Ali Gharib.
SHOCKING "NEWS": The Nation's Bill Greider proclaims now It’s Official: The Pentagon Finally Admitted That Israel Has Nuclear Weapons, Too
YES for all these DECADES Israel has NOT joined The Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, commonly known as the Non-Proliferation Treaty or NPT for the SOLE REASON that THEY HAD NO NUKES! So that means no U.N. nuclear inspections are needed, RIGHT? Yet Israel is continually bashing on the nuclear program run by IRAN who IS a member of the NTP and HAS HAD U.N. Inspectors in-country for years to monitor their PEACEFUL use of nuclear materials. Consider Iran is SURROUNDED by NUKES from Israel, India and Pakistan and have consistantly declared nuclear weapons as a ‘great sin’. And Israel has been predicting "Iran will have nuclear capability within months" FOR YEARS people! WHAT ARE THE CHANCES Israel will now allow U.N. Nuclear Weapons Inspectors in to monitor THEIR nuclear stockpile? Eh? The same way the U.N. did in 2003 in IRAQ before Dim Son ordered them out after they found NOTHING despite Condosleeza's "mushroon cloud"? Or join the NTP? EH?
Here's Grant Smith's article at AntiWar.com US Confirmed Existence of Israeli H-Bomb Program in 1987. READ BOTH OF THESE to understand the FULL IMPACT of this INCREDIBLE REVELATION and follow all the imbedded links to grasp the entirety of WHAT THIS MEANS to our Global Survival. Oh yeah and let's not forget Despite his pledge to seek nuclear disarmament, Obama is investing big in the nuclear complex (Greg Mello, Foreign Policy in Focus, Feb 2010) AND Obama's Nuclear Giveaway (Kate Sheppard, Mother Jones, Feb 2010) PLUS one of Obomber's BIG contributors has been midwest nuclear operator EXELON Energy sector donations fuel Obama campaign (Darren Samuel Sohn, Politico, May 2012). YOU do the math.
- Johann Hari & Naomi Klein: Does Capitalism Drive Drug Addiction?
- At truthdig.com The Long War of Foreverness By Mark Fiore In Mark Fiore's latest animation, President Obama speaks to the "Obama of yesterday" and urges him to "get with the program" when it comes to continuing George W. Bush's legacy of eternal war-waging. Watch "The Long War of Foreverness" and read the animator's thoughts on Obama's Authorization for the Use of Military Force below the video.
- Pay2Play PAY 2 PLAY follows filmmaker John Ennis’ quest to find a way out from under the Pay 2 Play System, where Politicians reward their donors with even larger sums from the public treasury -- through contracts, tax cuts, and deregulation. Along the way, he journeys through high drama on the Ohio campaign trail, uncovers the secret history of the game Monopoly, and explores the underworld of L.A. street art on a humorous odyssey that reveals how much of a difference one person can make. PAY 2 PLAY: Democracy’s High Stakes is the layman’s guidebook to taking back our democracy. A MUST WATCH for anybody who remembers and lived through Tom Noe and Ohio's "Coingate" scandal!
- For anyone who is interested, this was recently the topic of a Stack Overflow question that I answered. October 17, 2011: The record has been improved to 10 trillion digits. This is a followup to our previous announcement of our computation of 5 trillion digits of Pi. This article details some of the methods that were used for the computation as well as the hardware and the full timeline of the computation. Some of you knew this was coming... It was just a matter of when. (and how many digits) Although we were very quiet about this computation while it was running, anyone who followed my website or my XtremeSystems thread between February and May would have easily guessed that we were attempting a world record. . . . . . . . . .
- Section 215 of the PATRIOT Act: Under this program the NSA is collecting all the phone metadata on calls in the US.
- Executive Order 12333: This is what enables the NSA to hack into pretty much anything overseas -- including things like Google, Yahoo and Microsoft's data centers.
- PRISM: Actually part of Section 702 of the FISA Amendments Act. Allows for (slightly) targeted collections of information via a court order from the FISA Court, demanding specific types of information (rather than "all" information).
- Upstream collection: Also under Section 702, but this is the program that lets the NSA tap into backbone fiber optic cables, such as from AT&T and others, and slurp up all traffic in case there's anything "interesting" happening that it can classify as "foreign intelligence information."
- REPORTER: President Maduro last night went on the air and said that they had arrested multiple people who were allegedly behind a coup that was backed by the United States. What is your response?
- JEN PSAKI: These latest accusations, like all previous such accusations, are ludicrous. As a matter of long-standing policy, the United States does not support political transitions by nonconstitutional means........
- MATT LEE: Sorry. The U.S. has—whoa, whoa, whoa—the U.S. has a long-standing practice of not promoting—what did you say? How long-standing is that? I would—in particular in South and Latin America, that is not a long-standing practice.
- JEN PSAKI: Well, my point here, Matt, without getting into history —is that we do not support, we have no involvement with, and these are ludicrous accusations.
- REPORTER: Recently in Kiev, whatever we say about Ukraine, whatever, the change of government in the beginning of last year was unconstitutional, and yet you supported it. The Constitution was not—
- JEN PSAKI: That is also ludicrous.
- Billionaire oilman David Koch used to joke that Koch Industries was "the biggest company you've never heard of." Now the shroud of secrecy has thankfully been lifted, revealing the $67 million [from 1997 to 2011] that he and his brother Charles have quietly funneled to climate-denial front groups that are working to delay policies and regulations aimed at stopping global warming, most of which are part of the State Policy Network.
- “I and other employees would often determine how much insurance could be sold to a borrower based on the borrower’s occupation, race, age, and education level. If someone appeared uneducated, inarticulate, was a minority, or was particularly old or young, I would try to include all the coverages CitiFinancial offered. The more gullible the consumer appeared, the more coverages I would try to include in the loan.”
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Alex Mathieson, former Oxfam Vanuatu country director Vanuatu Blames Global Warming as Cyclone Causes Nation’s Worst Climate Disaster in Recent Memory
- Bill McKibben, co-founder of 350.org. As U.N. Backs Fossil Fuel Divestment, Bill McKibben on Vanuatu, Oxford Vote, California Water Crisis
- Michael Ratner, president emeritus of the Center for Constitutional Right After Swedish Prosecutors Back Down, Is WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange Close to Freedom?
- Jesselyn Radack, National Security & Human Rights director at the Government Accountability Project A Double Standard on Leaks? As Whistleblowers Jailed, Petraeus Escapes Prison & Advises White House She recently wrote an article for Foreign Policy magazine, "Petraeus, Snowden, and the Department of Two-Tiered Justice."
- Valerie Carey, sister of Miriam Carey, an unarmed African-American mother killed in Washington, D.C., on October 3, 2013, Eric Sanders, civil rights lawyer and retired New York City police officer & David Montgomery, staff reporter for The Washington Post A Deadly U-Turn: Did Miriam Carey Need to Die After Wrong Car Move at White House Checkpoint? Web Exclusive! Part 2: Did Miriam Carey Need to Die After Wrong Car Move at White House Checkpoint?
- Juan González, Democracy Now! co-host and award-winning columnist for the New York Daily News Hedge Fund-Backed Castellan Real Estate Group Intimidates NYC Tenants to Vacate Rent-Stabilized Apts His article is "Castellan real estate group pushes tenants out and jack up rents, despite Cuomo-ordered independent monitor."
- Amira Hass, Ha’aretz correspondent for the occupied Palestinian territories, based in Ramallah & Jamal Zahalka, Arab member of the Israeli Knesset and chair of Balad party, which is part of the Joint List of Arab parties After Netanyahu Wins Israel Vote with Racism & Vow of Permanent Occupation, How Will World Respond?
- Pardiss Kebriaei, senior staff attorney with Center for Constitutional Rights A Family Broken Up: Freed After 8 Years at Guantánamo, a Father & Son Are Still Kept Apart She has represented Abdul Nasser Khantumani and his son, Muhammed, since 2008. Her article for Harper’s is "Life After Guantánamo: A Father and Son’s Story."
- Venezuela, Media AnalysisWeb Exclusive! State Department Announces New "Long-standing" Policy Against Backing Coups Click here to watch our full discussion about Venezuela with Pomona College professor Miguel Tinker Salas, author of The Enduring Legacy: Oil, Culture, and Society in Venezuela and the forthcoming book, Venezuela: What Everyone Needs to Know.
- Tadzio Mueller, German climate justice activist who took part in the Blockupy protest. Blockupy: Thousands Protest in Frankfurt Calling on Eurozone to Dismantle "Laboratory for Austerity"
- Amna Guellali, director of the Tunisian office of Human Rights Watch Deadly Shooting Rampage at Tunisian National Museum Leaves Birthplace of Arab Spring on Edge
- Lori Wallach, director of Public Citizen’s Global Trade Watch Obama Seeks Fast Track for TPP, Trade Deal that Could Thwart "Almost Any Progressive Policy or Goal
- Trevor Aaronson, contributing writer at The Intercept and executive director of the nonprofit Florida Center for Investigative Reporting "How the FBI Created a Terrorist": Agency Accused of Entrapping Mentally Ill Man in Florida His most recent article for The Intercept is "The Sting: How the FBI Created a Terrorist." Web Exclusive! PART 2: "How the FBI Created a Terrorist" by Entrapping Mentally Ill Man in Florida
- Ricardo Patiño, foreign minister of Ecuador. Ecuadorean Foreign Minister: The United States is the Real Threat in the Americas, Not Venezuela AND Ecuador: Why Did It Take Sweden 1,000 Days to Agree to Question Julian Assange in Our U.K. Embassy? PLUS Ecuadorean Foreign Minister Ricardo Patiño on Press Freedom, Anti-Correa Protests & Chevron Case
- Bob Hennelly, political analyst and investigative reporter for WBGO, Newark’s NPR station A Gift to ExxonMobil? Chris Christie Criticized over Settlement to Clean Up Century of Contamination
- Danny Schechter, author, filmmaker and media reform activist Remembering Danny Schechter, "The News Dissector": Pioneering Journalist, Filmmaker & Activist The author, filmmaker and media reform activist Danny Schechter has died of pancreatic cancer at the age of 72. Danny Schechter rose to prominence as the "The News Dissector" on Boston’s WBCN radio in the 1970s. He went on to work as a television producer at ABC’s 20/20, where he won two Emmy Awards, and at the newly launched CNN. But he left corporate media to lead MediaChannel.org and Global Vision. Schechter wrote 12 books, including "The More You Watch, the Less You Know," and was a leading activist and journalist against apartheid in South Africa, making six nonfiction films about Nelson Mandela. He was a frequent guest on Democracy Now! over the years. The last time he was on the program, he discussed the life and legacy of Nelson Mandela. We wrap up today’s broadcast with a remembrance. Web Exclusive! RIP Danny Schechter, "The News Dissector," Author, TV Producer, Made Six Films on Nelson Mandela
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders - New Episode Every Monday at TELESUR »»» VIDEO OF THE WEEK Judy Wicks: What is an Activist Entrepreneur? Are the identities of activist and entrepreneur compatible? Judy Wicks is an entrepreneur and author who’s work has taken her from the Zapatistas in Mexico to neighborhood activism in Philadelphia. She co-founded the Free People's Store, which later became Urban Outfitters, and is the author of Good Morning Beautiful Business: the Unexpected Journey of an Activist Entrepreneur and Local Economy Pioneer. Also, activist and movement theorist Gopal Dayaneni takes us on a journey through critical economic analysis and how to resist capitalism. And in this week's commentary on Hungary and the arrival of Starbucks. »»» The F-Word What’s the Economy For? Community or Control? Lessons from Hungary March 17, 2015
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NASCAR on FOX NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at California Auto Club Speedway 3:30 pm et »»» NCAA MARCH MADNESS Sweet Sixteen games March 26,27; Elite Eight Match 28,29! Check your local listings! »»» TUESDAY NBA DOUBLEHEADER on TNT Lakers @ Thunder OR Spurs @ Mavericks 8:00 pm et THEN Warriors @ Trailblazers 10:30 pm et »»» 15 DAYS until MLB Opening Day!
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Tell the FCC: No Frankenstein Net Neutrality The FCC is considering a new plan that has the same big problems we’ve been protesting against all year. Tell the agency we’ll accept nothing less than REAL Net Neutrality. Just how bad is it? This new proposal: • Would allow broadband providers to cut specialized deals with companies to reach Internet users. • Still gives us slow lanes and gives users no real protection against discrimination from Internet service providers. • Rests on shaky legal arguments that won’t stand up in court. This isn't what millions of us have been fighting for. SIGN NOW at Tell Chairman Wheeler: No Frankenstein Net Neutrality at freepress.net NOW.
Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice. These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation! NEW!!! NATION ACTION! Stop the Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger! GO THERE NOW!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 114th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Chelsea Manning Support Network Announcing the "Chelsea Manning Support Network" March 19, 2014. By CMSN. PVT Manning has filed to change her name legally to "Chelsea Elizabeth Manning" and to receive hormone therapy. To show our support in this struggle, we are renaming ourselves to the "Chelsea Manning Support Network." ..... UPDATE! Manning on torture in new Guardian op-ed AND Chelsea Manning’s Next Chapter March 13, 2015. Bloomberg Politics' March 10th article on Wikileaks whistleblower Chelsea Manning: her court-martial, her NYT & Guardian op-eds, trans justice, and her upcoming legal appeals...........
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
Meet ABC News' Newest Contributor, Laura Ingraham 10 Moments That Illustrate The Right-Wing Radio Host's Fringe Viewpoints And Disdain For Civil Discourse - Ingraham has repeatedly engaged in inflammatory and hateful rhetoric, lobbing numerous attacks against everyone from President Obama to people who receive government assistance to her favorite target, immigrants. Here are 10 hateful moments from Ingraham in the past year...
• Homeland Security Committee chair Rep. Michael McCaul, R-Texas
• Yahoo’s Katie Couric speaks with former GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney
• ROUNDTABLE: Democratic strategist and CNN political commentator Van Jones, Rep. Tom Cole, R-Oklahoma, host of NPR’s “Morning Edition” Steve Inskeep, and ABC News’ Cokie Roberts.
• Astronaut twins Mark and Scott Kelly tell us how they’re preparing for a pioneering space study launching next week. And NASA administrator Charles Bolden and former astronaut Buzz Aldrin discuss why the Kelly study could get us closer to a manned mission to Mars.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, the California congressman who is now the second most powerful Republican in the House
• Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee
• Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii
• ROUNDTABLE: CBS News Contributor and Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan, Michael Gerson of the Washington Post, Michael Crowley of Politico and CBS News State Department Correspondent Margaret Brennan, who has been traveling with John Kerry
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• CBS' '60 Minutes' admits to faking Tesla car noise
• Coming Up Sunday, March 22 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• Preview: Iraq's Christians
• Preview: Rare Earth Elements
• Preview: Starstruck
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host Chuck Todd
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture 07/15/12 — NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
All legal notices should be sent by mail to the editor-in-chief NBCNews.com, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052
• Ron Dermer, Israeli Ambassador to the United States
• Dr. Riyad Mansour, Permanent Observer of the State of Palestine to the United Nations
• Gov. Jerry Brown (D-CA)
• ROUNDTABLE: Helene Cooper, Pentagon Correspondent, The New York Times; Jane Harman, President, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars; Rich Lowry, Editor, The National Review; John Stanton, Washington Bureau Chief, Buzzfeed
- State of the Union (CNN) CNN Correspondent Gloria Borger hosts Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)
• Barney Frank, the outspoken former congressman
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!! featuring the Malloy-HeadOn chatters! Listen here NOW! Friday, March 20th, 2015 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.CRMW.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - March 19, 2015 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: No more Mr. Nice Guy: Obama calls out 'shills', takes more new action on climate change; New rules for fossil fuels on public lands; It's official: Winter 2015 the warmest winter on record; PLUS: Solar-powered Germany says its ready for a major solar eclipse....All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): California: $1B drought relief package just the beginning; US has grown a pipeline network by almost a quarter; Chemical lobbyist exposed as author of new bill to regulate industry; US and Chinese companies dominate list of most-polluting coal plants; Rate of climate change to soar by 2020... PLUS: A Texas city pulls plug on fossil fuels with shift to renewables... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - March 17, 2015 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Another Category 5 storm wreaks devastation in the Pacific; Extreme weather is getting extremely expensive; Scientist warns California could soon run out of water; PLUS: Some good news: for the first time in history, the global economy grew, but carbon emissions did not....All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• 'Green News Report' - January 13, 2015 Keystone XL pipeline clears Nebraska court hurdle, moves to US Senate; Canada's tar sands and Arctic oil must remain in the ground, study warns; Fracking country braces for oil bust; PLUS: Denmark breaks world record for wind energy generation... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADCAST! KPFK 'BradCast': Update on Judge Fuller 'Wife-Beating' Case w/ Exclusive Audio Plus NEW comment in response from Fuller's attorney and MUCH more from Tunisia to Israel to Phoenix to Oregon to Donald Trump...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! GOP Senate's Iran Letter More Embarrassing Than You Think Freshman Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) wrote it, but 46 other Repub U.S. Senators have some explaining to do...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! About Israel's Election... A few cursory thoughts and responses to those asking us about concerns over Israel's voting system and the apparent disparities between the Exit Polls and reported final results...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Oregon Gov. Signs Bill for Universal Voter Registration! Finally, some common sense legislation to improve, rather than degrade, democracy. UPDATED to note the one other state that already has 'Universal Registration'...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! NASA, NOAA Confirm 2014 Hottest Year on Record Yet another climate change denial myth is scuttled, but here's how the fossil-fueled scammers have been getting away with their "no warming over the past decade!" hoax...
• BRADBLOG VIDEO! CA Lt. Governor Calls for Mandatory Water Rationing Speaking on MSNBC amidst state's worst drought on historic record, Gavin Newsom calls CA climate crisis 'code red', says its 'time to lead' no matter the political cost...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• 12 Mar 2015 PBC News & Comment: Ayatollah Replies to Senate “Backstabbers” --Ayatollah Khamenei hammers GOP senators as “backstabbers” with “declining political ethics” in response to their condescending letter about nuke negotiations....
• 13 Mar 2015 PBC News & Comment: Recapping a Very Weird Week In compelling analysis, journalist Gareth Porter offers the real story behind the letter from 47 GOP senators to the Ayatollah...
• 17 Mar 2015 PBC News & Comment: Netanyahu Stoops to Racism, Forgery in Tight Election As Israelis vote, stench lingers from Netanyahu’s racist comments about Arab citizens, exposure of faked endorsement from minor party’s leader….
• PBC Standard Podcast March 13, 2015 Prof. Peter Laufer Traces “Organic” Products Back to the Farm Shahid Buttar, attorney, activist, and executive director of the Bill of Rights Defense Committee, makes the provocative argument that Obama's proposal to equip all cops with body cameras won't solve the problems of police violence.
• PBC Standard Podcast March 17, 2015 Rutgers Prof. Todd Wolfson and Pioneer Michael Eisenmenger on Indy Media Centers and the Cyber Left Todd Wolfson is an assistant professor of journalism and media at Rutgers University; Michael Eisenmenger formerly taught at Rutgers, and now manages the Community Media Center of Marin County. Both bring deep knowledge of the independent media movement to this conversation.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
• This Week on Ring of Fire March 20, 2015 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
»» Author Mark Crispin Miller will tell us about the new Forbidden Bookshelf series that is bringing new life to literature that the powerful elite don’t want you to read.
»» Brendan Fischer from the Center for Media and Democracy will be here to give us the latest on Scott Walker’s destruction of Wisconsin.
»» And Nation Magazine contributor Ali Gharib will tell us about the conservatives’ push for war with Iran.
• This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV March 20, 2015 - Sundays at NOON! Posted on January 17, 2015 by Farron Cousins
»» Farron Cousins will be sitting in for Mike Papantonio this week.
»» Howard Nations will tell us about the letter that 47 Republicans sent to Iranian officials trying to undermine president Obama, and the push for ground troops to fight ISIS.
»» David TeSelle will discuss the new CFPB report that explains why mandatory arbitration is destroying the rights of consumers.
»» Will Atkinson will explain how tort reform efforts have destroyed state economies, as well as the lives of consumers living in tort reform states.
»» DeSmogBlog contributor Justin Mikulka will tell us about the continuing dangers of big oil’s “bomb trains” and why so little is being done about the growing threat.
»» And journalist Amanda Marcotte will tell us why conservatives are getting scammed by Super PACs, and how their favorite Tea Party candidates are bleeding them dry.
»» Watch at FSTV
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• VIDEO! Thom Hartmann: Will Anyone Stop the TPP? by Amy Eddings - A bipartisan group of legislators is attempting to give President Obama the power to push the Trans-Pacific Partnership through Congress with no real debate on the disastrous trade agreement. Thom Hartmann sat down with Rep. Alan Grayson (D-FL) to discuss the TPP, it’s effects on America, and if anyone can stop it.
• Poor Little Sociopath Dimon Says Bankers are “Under Assault” by Joshua De Leon
• VIDEO! Pap and Seder: The Worst Choices for 2016 - Jeb and Hillary
• VIDEO! UBS Just Blew Your Retirement Fund — March 20, 2015:Swiss banking giant UBS has been in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons in recent years – from their practice of teaching the 1% how to hide their money offshore to avoid paying taxes, to their collusion with drug cartels – it seems like UBS can’t stop breaking the law. And the latest scam that’s been uncovered could be one of the most disgusting to date. Ring of Fire’s Farron Cousins and attorney Peter Mougey tell us about it.
• VIDEO! Bernie Sanders: The American People are 'Profoundly Disgusted' with Our Political System — March 21, 2015: During a hearing on Thursday, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) brought forth an amendment that would establish a deficit-neutral reserve fund to allow for a Constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United. .............. Watch the discussion and vote from Thursday’s hearing.
• Climate Change Advocate Bill Gates' Foundation has Over $1 Billion Invested in Fossil Fuel Industry
• Arctic Sea Ice Hits All-Time Low. When Will Everyone Start Paying Attention to Climate Change?
• Economist Paul Krugman: GOP is 'Fiscally Dishonest,' Its Budget is an 'Enormous, Destructive Con Job'
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 3/16/15 Eric Alterman: Inequality and One City
• TUESDAY 3/17/15 John McDonough: Death of Single Payer? & More Healthcare You’re Afraid to Ask
• WEDNESDAY 3/18/15 Lisa Goldman: The Grim Results of Israel's Election
• THURSDAY 3/19/15 Sarah Halpern Meekin: It’s Not Like I’m Poor
• FRIDAY 3/20/15 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & David Feldman
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• FBI Moves to Broaden Hacking Authority – Google Says it Poses “Monumental Constitutional Concern” by Michael Krieger — A judicial advisory panel Monday quietly approved a rule change that will broaden the FBI’s hacking authority despite fears raised by Google that the amended language represents a “monumental” constitutional concern. The FBI wants the expanded authority, which would allow it to more easily infiltrate computer networks to install malicious tracking software. If we’ve learned anything about the FBI over the past several years, it’s that the agency is extraordinarily skilled at finding mentally ill, dead-broke young Muslims and convincing them to become terrorists and by taking part in FBI created and funded terrorist plots… Read more here......... (libertyblitzkrieg.com)
• Gold Downside $850/oz; Upside Jump to $2,000/oz on ‘Grexit’ by Mark O'Byrne —
-Capital Economics chart-based analysis sees gold ending year higher at $1,400 per ounce
-Sees a remote possibility of gold falling to $850 per ounce
-A “Grexit” may cause gold to surge to $2,000 per ounce
Julian Jessop from Capital Economics has written an interesting short piece on the company’s expectation for gold prices. It analyses golds performance, in four charts, against the US dollar, US treasury yields and expectations by investors for a Eurozone break-up.... More at Gold Downside $850/oz; Upside Jump to $2,000/oz on ‘Grexit’ (goldcore.com)
• Clinton Foundation’s Deep Financial Ties to Ukrainian Oligarch Who Pushed for Closer Ties to EU Revealed by Michael Krieger — When I first came across the title to this article, I didn’t think much of it. In fact, I almost didn’t even click the link thinking it was just a repeat of a prior expose I highlighted in the post: Hillary Clinton Exposed Part 2 – Clinton Foundation Took Millions From Countries That Also Fund ISIS. Fortunately, I did decide to take a look and pretty soon my jaw absolutely hit the floor. Although the Wall Street Journal didn’t play up the connection, I was stunned to see that of all the oligarchs connected to foreign governments who donated to the Clinton Foundation while she was Secretary of State, Ukraine was at the very top. I thought this to be strange, but as I read on I just couldn’t believe how connected the main donor was to the current regime in power. Considering this is the main geopolitical hotspot on earth right now, many, many questions need to be asked… Read more here......... (libertyblitzkrieg.com)
• The Tax Justice Network Podcast (March 2015) by Naomi Fowler — Democracy for sale: how our politics are heavily reliant on tax haven-friendly donors. Also, we ask: why is HSBC shutting down offshore accounts in Jersey? Are we in the final few years of the corporate income tax? Is Australia’s exempting of big companies from new transparency rules a joke? Plus more scandal and analysis you won’t find anywhere else.
• Swiss National Bank: Masters of the Game by Janet Tavakoli — This is the Swiss National Bank’s idea of “further measures”. Read …READ more...... (tavakolistructuredfinance.com)
• KEISER REPORT [KR732] Keiser Report: Fracking Flop We discuss the infinitude of private debt as the world continues mega bailouts and terrifyingly large bond buying programs to stave off the inevitable. In the second half, Max interviews Steven Sprague of Rivetz.com about his BitAngel winning technology. They discuss Apple Pay fraud problems and other online payments systems.
• KEISER REPORT [KR733] Keiser Report: Let the Rage Out! We discuss being a bankster in this economy means to be abandoning ship as Americans ‘mysteriously’ stop spending and the dollar keeps surging as if a ‘colossal financial event’ were around the corner. In the second half, Max interviews radio show host and crowdfunded documentary filmmaker, Tariq Nasheed, who is in London from America to discuss the economics of white supremacy and how to fight for civil rights, not politically but financially.
• KEISER REPORT [KR734] Keiser Report: Whop, Whop, Ponzi Style! We discuss nations joining the anti-dollar alliance as those on the hamster wheel of debt grow tired of working, working, working to pay the interest to those in early on the global debt pyramid scheme. In the second half, Max interviews former Goldman Sachs banker, Nomi Prins, author of All the Presidents’ Bankers about the Cold War – Wall Street nexus of World Bank and NATO style institutions designed to enforce US hegemony.
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday New show hours effective 5/26/2014 @ 12-2 PM Eastern! HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt - http://kpfk.org), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream....... New show hours effective 5/26/2014: 12-2 PM Eastern!
• 3/12/15 Grant F. Smith: Grant F. Smith, director of the Institute for Research: Middle Eastern Policy, discusses the upcoming conference “The Israel Lobby: Is it Good for the US? Is it Good for Israel?” scheduled for April 10, 2015 at the National Press Club in Washington, DC.
• 3/15/15 Gareth Porter: Gareth Porter, an award-winning independent journalist, discusses the remaining obstacles to an Iranian nuclear deal; why Israel’s Likud government and its supporters are trying so hard to sabotage a deal; and the history of bad intelligence assessments about Iran’s (non-existent) nuclear weapons program.
• 3/16/15 Ray McGovern: Ray McGovern, a former CIA analyst and co-founder of Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS), discusses President Obama’s foreign policy advisers who are actively trying to sabotage the ceasefire in eastern Ukraine; and why the media can’t seem to remember that Victoria Nuland orchestrated the Ukrainian coup.
• 3/18/15 Philip Giraldi: Philip Giraldi, a former CIA officer and Executive Director of The Council for the National Interest, discusses the Israeli government’s shift to the far right after elections, during which Benjamin Netanyahu denounced a two-state solution and shamelessly pandered to racists.
• 3/19/15 Eric Margolis: Eric Margolis, an internationally syndicated columnist and author of American Raj, discusses Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s change of mind on a two-state solution – after he completely ruled out a Palestinian state during re-election campaigning, earning a rebuke from the White House.
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• CIA Director John Brennan
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml