Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
2015 March Madness! The madness continues at the btv compound as The Brick TeeVee Crew just finished up last week's post on Friday Brick TeeVee Springs Forward in 2015! (nottobeconfusedwith Brick TeeVee Springs Forward! fromtheidesofmarch) Jam packed with links that will make you instantly smarter! That said, we got nuttin'. Yet. Stay tuned!
MEANWHILE we hope y'all toon in to WRUW.org/listen-live for the big five-hour Live From Cleveland's first-ever LIVE REMOTE "Live from Cleveland Presents: Live from Lakewood!" THURSDAY April 2nd going LIVE from Mahall's 20 Lanes at 8 pm et until 1 am et! Yours Truly will be engineering, mixing and producing the entire broadcast and even doing some on-air interviews too! Four bands in five hours!
Here's one of the "Live From Lakewood" featured bands YOSEMITE on LFC back on October 23, 2014!
More LFC pix at our facebuuk page
TOON IN WRUW-FM 91.1's LIVE STREAM Thursday at 8 PM ET for the big five-hour Live From Cleveland's 1st EVER Remote Broadcast "Live from Cleveland Presents: Live from Lakewood!"
Guaranteed to be a blast!
IN THE MEANTIME enjoy all our side bar features, all our regulars and get yer bricks ready for the Lame Stream Media Sunday Talkies while the Brick TeeVee Crew gathers more OUTRAGE AND ACTION. SCROLL SLOWLY below so you don't miss SY HERSH with SCOTT HORTON & on DN! plus The Nation's Ali Gharib, Imprisoned journalist Barrett Brown and Economist Jeff Madrick all on Majority Report! ALSO check "California Water Wars: Another Form of Asset Stripping?" by Ellen Brown in the Max Keiser section and ALAN GRAYSON and BERNIE SANDERS at Ring Of Fire!
And so much more! Click anything and be instantly smarter!
We're here because you're there.
We'll be back with an update soon! Happy Sunday!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Iona Craig, a journalist who was based in Sana’a for four years as the Yemen correspondent for The Times of London Yemen in Crisis: U.S. Closes Key Drone Base & Withdraws Forces as U.N. Warns of Civil War
- Rory O'Connor, co-founder of the TV and film production company Globalvision with Danny Schechter & Anant Singh, a highly acclaimed South African filmmaker RIP Danny Schechter: Media Pioneer Who Covered Apartheid South Africa, Occupy & Kissinger
- Erin Evers, Iraq researcher for Human Rights Watch After Liberation Came Destruction: Iraqi Shiite Militias Accused of Looting, Burning Sunni Villages She co-wrote the new report, "After Liberation Came Destruction: Iraqi Militias and the Aftermath of Amerli.."
- Matthieu Aikins, award-winning foreign correspondent & Erin Evers "Inside Baghdad’s Brutal Battle Against ISIS": In Chaos of Post-Invasion Iraq, Militias Take Hold Aikin's latest article for Rolling Stone is " Inside Baghdad’s Brutal Battle Against ISIS ".
- Yousef Munayyer, executive director of the U.S. Campaign to End Israeli Occupation, Lisa Goldman, Israeli journalist & Dr. Hatim Kanaaneh, public health physician An Angry White House Vows to Confront Netanyahu, But Will It End Key U.S. Support for Occupation? Goldman's new article for Foreign Policy is "Never Trust Netanyahu"; Munayyer recently wrote an opinion piece in The New York Times headlined "Netanyahu’s Win is Good for Palestine".
- Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporter for The New Yorker magazine Seymour Hersh My Lai Revisited: 47 Years Later, Seymour Hersh Travels to Vietnam Site of U.S. Massacre He Exposed His article is "The Scene of the Crime: A Reporter’s Journey to My Lai and the Secrets of the Past."
- Barbara Hines, former director of the Immigration Clinic at the University of Texas Law School & Renee Feltz, Democracy Now! producer and criminal justice correspondent Private Prisons for Immigrant Families Grow Despite Court Ruling Against "Detention as Deterrence" WEB EXCLUSIVE Part 2: Migrant Women Appear Via Video from Detention Centers in Asylum Cases Amid Harsh Conditions
- Robert Gould, president of the San Francisco Bay Area chapter of Physicians for Social Responsibility, Hans Von Sponeck, former U.N. assistant secretary-general and U.N. humanitarian coordinator for Iraq & Brock McIntosh, co-founder and member of Iraq Veterans Against the War Endless War: As U.S. Strikes Tikrit & Delays Afghan Pullout, "War on Terror" Toll Tops 1.3 Million A new report has found the Iraq War has killed about one million people. The Nobel Prize-winning International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War and other groups examined the toll from the so-called war on terror in three countries—Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan. The investigators found the war has, directly or indirectly, killed around one million people in Iraq, 220,000 in Afghanistan and 80,000 in Pakistan, a total of about 1.3 million.
- Brock McIntosh Brutalized in Taliban Captivity After Fleeing War He Opposed, Bowe Bergdahl Charged with Desertion
- Beka Economopoulos, co-founder and director of the Natural History Museum & James Powell, is one of the scientists who signed the open letter Why Is Climate Denier David Koch on the Board of Top Science Museums? Letter Urges Cutting of Ties SEE An Open Letter to Museums from Members of the Scientific Community."
- Farea Al-Muslimi, visiting scholar at Carnegie Middle East Center Yemen Does Not Need Another War: Report from Sana’a as Saudi Attack Enters Second Day
- Brian Whitaker, former Middle East editor for The Guardian & Iona Craig, correspondent for The Times of London The Yemen Crisis: Could Domestic Conflict Grow into Protracted Regional War?
- Samir Amin, Egyptian political economist, renowned scholar and dissiden African Economist Samir Amin on the World Social Forum, Globalization & the Barbarism of Capitalism
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders - New Episode Every Monday at TELESUR »»» VIDEO OF THE WEEK Building Movements Without Shedding Differences Alicia Garza is the co-creator of Black Lives Matter, and also Special Projects Director for the National Domestic Workers Alliance. She helped start "Black Lives Matter" as a call to action for Black people after the killing of 17 year old Trayvon Martin »»» The F-Word The Costly Police Gender Gap March 24th, 2015: Women’s History Month is drawing to a close and as if on cue, we saw another example of why paying attention to gender matters, and how for the most part we still don’t do it. ........
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NASCAR on FOX NASCAR Sprint Cup at Martinsville Speedway 1:13:30: Start of the STP 500 (500 laps, 263 miles). »»» NCAA MARCH MADNESS Congrats to the Wisconsin Badgers and the Kentucky Wildcats moving on to the Final Four! Two more Elite Eight games March 28 on CBS 2:20 pm et E No.7 Michigan St. vs. E No.4 Louisville then 5:05 pm et S No.2 Gonzaga vs. S No.1 Duke »»» TNT TUESDAY NBA DOUBLEHEADER Spurs @ Heats 8:00 pm et THEN Warriors @ Clippers 10:30 pm et »»» 7 DAYS until MLB Opening Day!
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. WE WON! Net Neutrality Victory February 26, 2015 – This morning the FCC voted to protect real Net Neutrality — marking the biggest victory for the public interest in the agency’s history. ....... This moment was more than 10 years in the making. The fight to protect the open Internet has united everyone — grassroots activists, technologists, new civil rights leaders, parents, teachers, students, musicians, artists and millions and millions of Internet users. We've proven that we're a force to be reckoned with in Washington. Know this: Now that we've won this huge victory for the Internet, the cable and phone companies will do everything they can to knock it down. But Free Press has never backed down from a fight. Whether in the courts or in Congress, the media or the streets, we will continue pushing, fighting and advocating for the strongest possible policies to protect the free and open Internet. Our message to the world is clear: Mess with the Internet, and you’ll lose. This isn’t the end. This is the start of something huge. ACTION! Stop Marsha Blackburn's Anti-Net Neutrality Bill H.R. 1212 This is what it looks like when members of Congress try to kill Net Neutrality. Rep. Marsha Blackburn has already lined up 31 co-sponsors for her new bill, which would destroy Net Neutrality and undo everything the FCC has done to protect the open Internet. It's easy to see why these particular co-sponsors signed on: They've received tons of campaign contributions from companies like Comcast and Verizon and from the National Cable and Telecommunications Association, an industry lobbying group. This bill goes against everything millions of people like you have fought for. We must stop this bill in its tracks and expose it for what it is: a betrayal of the open Internet. Tell Congress "This bill must be stopped in its tracks. I urge you to speak out in opposition to this legislation."
Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice. These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation! NEW!!! NATION ACTION! Stop the Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger! GO THERE NOW!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 114th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Chelsea Manning Support Network Announcing the "Chelsea Manning Support Network" March 19, 2014. By CMSN. PVT Manning has filed to change her name legally to "Chelsea Elizabeth Manning" and to receive hormone therapy. To show our support in this struggle, we are renaming ourselves to the "Chelsea Manning Support Network." ..... UPDATE! Manning on torture in new Guardian op-ed AND PBS features Chelsea Manning art exhibit March 24, 2015. STATE OF THE ARTS features The United States vs. Chelsea Manning, a graphic novel illustrating Wikileaks whistleblower Manning's court-martial, currently on display at Rutgers University.........
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
Meet ABC News' Newest Contributor, Laura Ingraham 10 Moments That Illustrate The Right-Wing Radio Host's Fringe Viewpoints And Disdain For Civil Discourse - Ingraham has repeatedly engaged in inflammatory and hateful rhetoric, lobbing numerous attacks against everyone from President Obama to people who receive government assistance to her favorite target, immigrants. Here are 10 hateful moments from Ingraham in the past year...
• former Maryland governor Martin O’Malley
• Victoria Kennedy gives a behind-the-scenes look at the opening of the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the U.S. Senate.
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News political analyst Matthew Dowd, former Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm, ABC News contributor and Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol, and CNN’s Fareed Zakaria
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Opening of the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate with Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.), former Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.) and former Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-Maine)
• former Gov. Mike Huckabee, R-Ark.
• Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif.
• CBS News aviation consultant Capt. Sully Sullenberger
• ROUNDTABLE: Dan Balz of the Washington Post, Manu Raju of Politico, Scott Conroy of the Huffington Post and CBS News Congressional Correspondent Nancy Cordes
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• CBS' '60 Minutes' admits to faking Tesla car noise
• Coming Up Sunday, March 29 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• Bashar al-Assad - Charlie Rose interviews the Syrian dictator as a four-year-old civil war drags on in which his regime has been accused of devastating attacks on civilians with chemical and "barrel bomb" weapons
• Use polio to treat cancer? 60 Minutes follows cancer patients at Duke University in the first clinical trial, two of whom now show no signs of cancer
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host Chuck Todd
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture 07/15/12 — NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
All legal notices should be sent by mail to the editor-in-chief NBCNews.com, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052
• Victoria Kennedy
• former Rep. Patrick Kennedy, D-R.I.
• ROUNDTABLE: tba
- State of the Union (CNN) CNN Correspondent Dana Bash hosts Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH)
• Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)
• CNN's Kevin Madden and Ben LaBolt
• Former NTSB investigators Charley Pereira and Dr. Alan Diehl
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!! featuring the Malloy-HeadOn chatters! Listen here NOW! Friday, March 27th, 2015 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.CRMW.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - March 26, 2015 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Lots of good and/or hysterical news today! Climate change denier Ted Cruz compares himself to Galileo; BP breaks up with ALEC; Texas town goes 100 percent renewable; PLUS: Florida official struggles with Gov. Scott's unwritten ban on the words 'climate change'....All that and more in today's Green News Report!! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): India to Rich World: Give us Cash and We’ll Cut Emissions Faster; Study shows acceleration in decline of Antarctic ice shelves; Has California’s mega-drought already begun?; Exxon Shareholder Climate Vote Blocked, Chevron's Approved by SEC; The hidden benefits of cutting coal pollution... PLUS: Shut Up and Dance: Should we stop talking about climate change and start dancing about it?... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - March 17, 2015 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Another Category 5 storm wreaks devastation in the Pacific; Extreme weather is getting extremely expensive; Scientist warns California could soon run out of water; PLUS: Some good news: for the first time in history, the global economy grew, but carbon emissions did not....All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• 'Green News Report' - March 24, 2015 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Get out your popcorn - Climate change-denying Sen. Ted Cruz is running for president...and Gov. Jerry Brown is unimpressed; Is mandatory water rationing in California's future?; PLUS: In Florida, don't say 'climate change' or you be sent to a mental hospital....All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADCAST! Was Netanyahu's Win Actually GOOD for Palestinians?:
KPFK 'BradCast' That, and MUCH more in this week's show, with guests Estee Chandler and Ernie Canning... .
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Right to NOT Vote (Or, Right to Vote for 'None of the Above') While it's less than clear that Obama really called for 'mandatory voting', as many reported, we'd be against the idea -- unless...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! 'Impeach Mark Fuller' Radio Ads Target U.S. House Judiciary MembersWomen's rights group runs public service ads in 5 Congressional districts, demanding accountability for 'wife-beating' federal judge...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! SCOTUS Declines WI Photo ID Law Challenge Constitutionality of 'discriminatory' voting restriction laws now unlikely to be determined by Supreme Court before 2016 elections, though some see 'blessing in disguise'....
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! 'Major Security Hole' Discovered in Australian Internet Voting System On eve of election in New South Wales, 'critical' vulnerability found in new 'iVote' system that would allow attackers to see, change votes...
• BRADBLOG VIDEO! HILARIOUS: Full Video of FL Official Trying NOT to Say Words 'Climate Change' PLUS: Jon Stewart's take, as if the video isn't hysterical enough on its own...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• 25 Mar 2015 PBC News & Comment: New House Bill Would Fully Repeal Patriot Act Reps. Mark Pocan (D-WI) and Thomas Massie (R-KY) introduce Surveillance State Repeal Act, which could restore most 4th Amendment rights….
• 26 Mar 2015 PBC News & Comment: Saudis, Emirates and Egypt Join the Fun in Yemen IEgypt, Saudis join clusterf#@k in Yemen as Iraqi Shiite militias under Iran’s direction refuse to fight in Tikrit, chaos grows….
• 27 Mar 2015 PBC News & Comment: Bellicose Bolton Blares: “Bomb Iran!” Neocon John Bolton calls the tune, “Let’s Bomb Iran” in NY Times op-ed that links to contrary evidence from Iraq…
• PBC Standard Podcast March 13, 2015 Prof. Peter Laufer Traces “Organic” Products Back to the Farm Shahid Buttar, attorney, activist, and executive director of the Bill of Rights Defense Committee, makes the provocative argument that Obama's proposal to equip all cops with body cameras won't solve the problems of police violence.
• PBC Standard Podcast March 17, 2015 Rutgers Prof. Todd Wolfson and Pioneer Michael Eisenmenger on Indy Media Centers and the Cyber Left Todd Wolfson is an assistant professor of journalism and media at Rutgers University; Michael Eisenmenger formerly taught at Rutgers, and now manages the Community Media Center of Marin County. Both bring deep knowledge of the independent media movement to this conversation.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
• This Week on Ring of Fire March 27, 2015 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
»» Congressman Alan Grayson will be joining us to discuss his efforts to make sure that Congress doesn’t receive another blank check to start an endless war in the Middle East.
»» Senator Sheldon Whitehouse will be here to talk about his efforts to bring climate science back into the conversations on climate change in the US Senate.
»» And attorney Michael Burg will explain why California wineries have been pumping their products full of deadly arsenic.
• This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV March 27, 2015 - Sundays at NOON! Posted on January 17, 2015 by Farron Cousins
»» Howard Nations will explain why almost nothing has been done since the death of Michael Brown to reign in abusive police officers.
»» David Haynes explains how binding arbitration agreements directed at soldiers are leaving our veterans without homes when they return from overseas combat.
»» Michael Burg will tell us about the lawsuit taking place against California wineries, where it has been revealed they are pumping high levels of arsenic into cheap wines.
»» Brendan Fischer, general counsel for the Center for Media and Democracy, will explain Wisconsin’s new Right To Work law.
»» Watch at FSTV
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• VIDEO! Israel Spied On America-Iran Talks Earlier this week, a bombshell news story erupted that claimed Israel leaked classified (and stolen) U.S. information to American lawmakers in an attempt to sabotage President Obama’s talks with Iran. Ring of Fire’s Sam Seder and Majority Report contributor Michael Brooks discusses this.
• Wall Street Mob Threatens Elizabeth Warren with Dem Money Freeze by Joshua De Leon – Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) scares Wall Street to death. Since Warren has called for breaking up the big banks, Wall Street banksters have threatened to cease donating to Democratic senators, reported Reuters. Because Warren and Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) so aggressively attack the banks, representatives of Citigroup, JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, and Bank of America have discussed this plan. In this desperate move, Wall Street is trying to bend the party to its will by cutting donations to Democratic senators. Each of the four banks threatened to cut $15,000 in total contributions to Democratic candidates, nothing truly substantial – but a shot over the bow.........
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Obama Is An Oil President, Period. If you were to take 90 countries around the world (according to their GDP ranking) and compare the entire economies of those countries against the economy of Exxon, you’d find that Exxon would be more economically powerful than all of those 90 countries. Where do sales analysis of $30 billion a year leave a company like Exxon, Shell, or BP? The simple answer is: it leaves them with complete control of our lives. What does that kind of money buy? It buys presidents and the entire military industrial complex, all so big oil can become bigger oil. America’s Lawyer, Mike Papantonio, discusses this with author and Rolling Stone contributor Antonia Juhasz.
• VIDEO! Sen. Bernie Sanders: Since Citizens United, Politics is just Big Money — In an interview with MSNBC’s Chris Hayes, Sen. Bernie Sanders talked about one of the largest problems plaguing American liberal politics: Citizens United. According to Sanders, if we don’t overturn Citizens United, there’s little hope for progress values in the future of American politics.
• Wikileaks Exposes How the TPP Will Harm Taxpayers by Joshua De Leon – Wikileaks exposed last night a portion of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) that illustrates how the trade deal, being orchestrated in secret, will harm taxpayers and help giant corporations. Writing for The Huffington Post, James P. Hoffa, General President of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, noted some ominous language in the Investor State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) chapter of the trade deal. This chapter expands companies’ rights to challenge limitations to intellectual property, including copyrights and patents. In short, major corporations can sue entire countries included in the deal if that corporation feels the country’s laws will undermine its projected profits. ..........
• 4 States Where Solar is Under Attack by Koch-Funded Front Groups Reposted with permission from EcoWatch.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 3/23/15 Ali Gharib: Close To a Deal With Iran? & The Crazy People Trying to Stop It From Happening
• TUESDAY 3/24/15 Barrett Brown: Explains Why He is In Prison For Doing His Job
• WEDNESDAY 3/25/15 Mike Konczal: Free Trade Isn’t about Trade. It’s About Bureaucrats—and Guns
• THURSDAY 3/26/15 Jeff Madrick: Why Economist Cling to Discredited Ideas
• FRIDAY 3/27/15 Casual Friday: Guy Lawson
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• On My Mind: Finance and Booksby Janet Tavakoli — ......According to the people quoted in the WSJ articles, no one saw it coming: lower oil prices, lower housing prices, currency risk. Almost seven years after a global financial crisis, bankers educated at Ivy League schools still just don’t know that kind of stuff. ........ Gerald Posner has a new book, God’s Bankers, currently in the top 100 on Amazon. I can also recommend an older, in some ways darker book, God’s Banker, by Rupert Cornwell, written more than thirty years ago, when the press was still calling Roberto Calvi’s murder a suicide. ....
• EU and Greece Running Out of Time – As Bank Runs Intensify, Bail-Ins Likely by Mark O'Byrne —
- EU and Greece running out of time as talks end “in disarray” – again
- Greece warns Merkel of ‘impossible’ debt
- Concerns Greece out of money by end of April
- Friday’s “agreement” in Brussels falls apart hours later as protagonists fail to agree on specifics
- Greece now insolvent – will run out of liquidity by end of April
- Greek banks on verge of collapse as runs continue – €1.5 billion emptied out of banks last week alone
- ‘Grexit’ could propel gold to over $2,000/oz
- Cyprus style bail-ins look increasingly possible
More here’ (goldcore.com)
• California Water Wars: Another Form of Asset Stripping? by Ellen Brown — In California’s epic drought, wars over water rights continue, while innovative alternatives for increasing the available water supply go untapped. Wars over California’s limited water supply have been going on for at least a century. Water wars have been the subject of some vintage movies, including the 1958 hit The Big Country starring Gregory Peck, Clint Eastwood’s 1985 Pale Rider, 1995’s Waterworld with Kevin Costner, and the 2005 film Batman Begins. Most acclaimed was the 1975 Academy Award winner Chinatown with Jack Nicholson and Faye Dunaway, involving a plot between a corrupt Los Angeles politician and land speculators to fabricate the 1937 drought in order to force farmers to sell their land at low prices. The plot was rooted in historical fact, reflecting battles between Owens Valley farmers and Los Angeles urbanites over water rights. Today the water wars continue on a larger scale with new players. It’s no longer just the farmers against the ranchers or the urbanites. It’s the people against the new “water barons” – Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Monsanto, the Bush family, and their ilk – who are buying up water all over the world at an unprecedented pace. Read more here........
• Risk of ‘World War’ between NATO and Russia on Ukraine as Yemen Bombed by Mark O'Byrne —
- World sleep walking from ‘Cold War’ to ‘Hot War’ and new World War
- U.S. resolution to supply Ukraine with lethal weaponry passed
- Russia warns such moves would “explode the whole situation”
- Minsk agreement remains intact – little justification for escalation and ignoring EU allies
- US continues to act as only global superpower despite powerful Russia and China and new multi-polar world
- Hubris could lead to a new World War
More here..... (goldcore.com)
• Meet the Overseas Contingency Operations Account – Washington D.C.’s Crony Capitalist War Slush Fund by Michael Krieger — Many people will read this post, and posts like it, and shrug their shoulders saying that there’s always going to be corruption. True; however, there are degrees of corruption. When empires such as the U.S. attain a certain level of corruption that reaches the point in which it becomes engrained within the fabric of society, and you couple that with zero accountability for the super rich and powerful, you have the ingredients for societal collapse. We are rapidly approaching this point, and I personally don’t think there’s any way to stop it. With all that in mind, I want to introduce readers to the Overseas Contingency Operations (OCO) account, or what is being referred to as the “war slush fund.” You know something’s bad when even Crazy John McCain calls it a “gimmick.” Read more here...... (libertyblitzkrieg.com)
• KEISER REPORT [KR735] Keiser Report: Capitalism Without Capital?! We discuss the French being able to work 20 percent less to produce the same amount the average worker in Britain produces. Just as oil frackers must pump faster and faster, harder and harder to keep current on their debt repayments, so too must an overly burdened UK household in a speculative economy producing less and less value. In the second half, Max interviews Aleksandar Vidovic of Salviol about the size of the financial fraud market and what his company is doing to shrink it.
• KEISER REPORT [KR736] Keiser Report: Debtism vs Capitalism We warn against trusting bureaucrats bearing false economy as ‘shocking austerity’ and ‘bed blocking costs more than is allegedly saved. In the second half, Max interviews Daniel Hassan of the Robin Hood Minor Asset Management Cooperative hedge fund which rides the wave of trading whales with the best performance record. Having outperformed the S&P index regularly since its inception, profits are shared between the cooperative members and groups expanding the commons and the public domain.
• KEISER REPORT [KR737] Keiser Report: Deadly Sales We discuss the hell (of a profit) to be made by killing a man – and his family – as Lockheed Martin assures analysts from Deutsche Bank there is enough fear of war to maintain its deadly sales. In the second half, Max interviews Swiss banker, Egon von Greyerz about QE, gold and the economic and financial disasters wrought by central banks.
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday New show hours effective 5/26/2014 @ 12-2 PM Eastern! HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt - http://kpfk.org), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream....... New show hours effective 5/26/2014: 12-2 PM Eastern!
• 3/12/15 Grant F. Smith: Grant F. Smith, director of the Institute for Research: Middle Eastern Policy, discusses the upcoming conference “The Israel Lobby: Is it Good for the US? Is it Good for Israel?” scheduled for April 10, 2015 at the National Press Club in Washington, DC.
• 3/25/15 Seymour Hersh: Seymour Hersh, a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporter and author, discusses how he broke the My Lai massacre story as a fledgling journalist in 1968, and his recent journey to Vietnam to revisit the scene of the crime 47 years later.
• 3/26/15 Matthew Hoh:Matthew Hoh, a Senior Fellow at the Center for International Policy, discusses the military’s prosecution of Army sergeant Bowe Bergdahl for desertion, even though an Army investigation report seems to exonerate the former Taliban prisoner.
• 3/26/15 Eric Margolis: Eric Margolis, an internationally syndicated columnist and author of American Raj, discusses Saudi Arabia’s pending invasion of Yemen, after the Shiite Houthi rebels captured the capital city Sanaa.
• 3/27/15 John Feffer: John Feffer, director of Foreign Policy In Focus at the Institute for Policy Studies, discusses how hardliners in Congress are working to undermine an Iranian nuclear deal, and how they previously sabotaged the Agreed Framework on North Korea’s nuclear program in 1994.
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• retired U.S. Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, former Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency
• former Hewlett Packard CEO Carly Fiorina
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml