Brick TeeVee is a preview of the Sunday Talking Head Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media, plus some good progressive radio and who will be on which show. If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have, please share below. Post your comments while you watch! It's fun, it's healthy and doggonit at least we'll know others can also see through the media manipulation that blankets our public airwaves. DEBUNK HERE!
So, with no further ado, I present to you This Week's Brick TeeVee entry!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
First off on this Fathers Day NBC will air a special "Tribute to Tim" for the entire hour, hosted by TOM BROKAW. I'm sure the other Talkies will offer video condolences as well. We here at Brick TeeVee offer our condolences to the extended Russert Family as well. This George will have also-rans JOHN EDWARDS and FRED THOMPSON (did he really run?). Face the Bob is all-GOP with NEWT "Contract ON America" GINGRICH and Louisiana Guv BOOBY JINDAL. Be sure to throw bricks at Cry-Baby JOHN BOEHNER on with Wolfie as he "debates" JANET NAPOLITANO and tries not to tear up too much. Wolfie also talks economics with advisors from the camps of BARAK OBAMA & JOHN "Crazy Train" MCCAIN. Be sure to tune in a special rebroadcast of RING OF FIRE RADIO with CHALMERS JOHNSON and HOWARD ZINN. Lost in all the shuffle is the HISTORIC 35 ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT read on the House floor TWICE this week, carried LIVE nationwide on C-SPAN. As for the "networks" they could hardly muster a yawn, most likely because they were COMPLICIT in many of the 35. Listen to Dennis Kucinich discuss the Articles with Bob Kincaid at Head On Radio HERE, courtesy White Rose Society. To read the Articles yourself and watch Dennis read them go to www.35Articles.com. The Brick TeeVee Gardening crew is now harumphing about weeding the garden and other outdoor chores. They've even lost interest in holding the watering hose and put in a sprinkler! Much has sprouted and thrived since we have closed the security holes around the garden - no veggies yet but it's early! Stay tuned!
Tim Russert May 7, 1950 – June 13, 2008 R.I.P.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
VINCENT BUGLIOSI on Drobney's "CUTTING EDGE" KPHX Author of the brand new book The Prosecution of George Bush for Murder, Vince Bugliosi (the "g" is silent) will be on Shelly's show at NOON et/ 9am pt for the entire hour. Tune your internet radio to www.1480kphx.com and don't be late!
MLB ON TBS TBS joins the MLB family with their NEW weekly Sunday Afternoon Baseball Game. This week it's Inter-League Play with the Boston Red Sox at Cincinatti Reds - 1 pm et
NASCAR Sprint Cup on TNT LifeLock 400 a the Michigan International Speedway - coverage begins at 12:30 pm et
NBA on ABC The Boston Celtics look to capture the NBA Championship at the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 6 of the NBA Finals, in Prime Time 9 pm et
- This Week (ABC) • Former Sen. John Edwards, D-N.C., now an Obama supporter • Former Sen. Fred Thompson, R-Tenn., now a McCain supporter. • Roundtable: Robert Reich, Torie Clarke, Jake Tapper and George Will
- Face The Nation (CBS)TOPIC: Race for the White House • Gov. Bobby Jindal (R) Louisiana • Newt Gingrich Former House Speaker • Jim Vandehei - Executive Editor, Politico
- 60 Minutes (CBS) • The Science Of Sleep Scientists are discovering that sleep is far more critical to human health than previously believed and have linked sleep deprivation to serious problems such as diabetes, obesity and heart disease. Lesley Stahl reports. • The Pursuit Of Happiness Little Denmark, with its five-and-a-half million people, is the happiest country in the world, says a study done by an English University. Morley Safer reports why the Danes are so happy and explores why the U.S. is way down the list.
- Meet the Press (NBC) A special edition of 'Meet the Press' Tom Brokaw will anchor a special edition of "Meet the Press" dedicated to the extraordinary life of Tim Russert on Sunday, June 15. • TOM BROKAW - NBC News • MIKE BARNICLE - MSNBC News • BETSY FISCHER - Executive Producer, Meet the Press • DORIS KEARNS GOODWIN - Presidential Historian • GWEN IFILL - PBS • JAMES CARVILLE • MARY MATALIN • MARIA SHRIVER - Former Correspondent, NBC News
- Late Edition (CNN) It's a war of words between John McCain and Barack Obama. Republicans John Boehner and Arlen Specter and Democrats Janet Napolitano and Chris Van Hollen on a race for the White House that's already red-hot. Plus economic advisers from the presidential campaigns on who can get the nation back on track. • Rep. John Boehner: (R) Minority Leader • Gov. Janet Napolitano: (D) Arizona • Rep. Chris Van Hollen: (D) Maryland • Sen. Arlen Specter: (R) Pennsylvania • Douglas Holtz-Eakin: McCain Economic Adviser • Dan Tarullo: Obama Economic Adviser • Hoshyar Zebari: Iraqi Foreign Minister
- Seder on Sunday! CANCELLED - WATCH THIS SPACE for Seder News
- Ring of Fire Radio Find us at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/ and http://goleft.tv/ Today’s show is a re-air of our April 12th program. • The legendary Howard Zinn will be here to discuss the latest version of his best-selling book “A People’s History of the United States.” • Chalmers Johnson will be joining us to discuss America’s military industrial complex. • Paul Waldman from the Media Matters Action Center will be here to tell us about John McCain’s free ride in the media. • Former Labor Secretary under President Clinton Robert Reich will stop by to talk about his new book “Supercapitalism. • And journalist Maggie Mahar will be here to tell us how the Bush administration has destroyed the FDA, and put millions of Americans at risk. • We’re also starting a new “Viewer Mail” segment, so send your questions or comments to us at email@example.com, and we will be responding to your emails on the air! Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack!
- "Massa In The Morning" "Massa In The Morning" is quick, topical, smart, sometimes hilarious, and ALWAYS kind. With co-host Bill Berry, EVERY Sunday morning from 10am til noon Eastern time! WHHO-AM 1320 Streaming ON-LINE at http://www.hornellradio.com (you do have to register, so go register now if you want to listen tomorrow.) CALL IN! 607-324-2000 (yer cell phone minutes are FREE on the weekends!)
- fauxnews • Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, Republican Policy Committee chairwoman • Sen. Byron Dorgan, D-N.D., Democratic Policy Committee chairman • Red Cavaney, president and CEO, American Petroleum Institute • Karl Rove, FOX News contributor and former White House senior adviser
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Are you going to brave the Sunday shows? ~snip~ So if you're going to be watching, jot down which show you're watching,and how many minutes in it was from the beginning of the show. We'll have every moment of every show recorded. And please include the subject line "Sunday Shows" on any email tip you send in. Send tips to firstname.lastname@example.org ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©"HAD ENOUGH?" First brick is on us!