Brick TeeVee is a preview of the Sunday Talking Head Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media, plus some good progressive radio and who will be on which show. If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have, please share below. Post your comments while you watch! It's fun, it's healthy and doggonit at least we'll know others can also see through the media manipulation that blankets our public airwaves. DEBUNK HERE!
So, with no further ado, I present to you This Week's Brick TeeVee entry!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
In a rare move, the corporate news gatekeepers open their doors a crack to let a couple of Third Party Candidates speak for a few minutes on National TeeVee. First off is RALPH NADER on This George. Check out Nader's Twelve Issues that Matter for 2008. Then on Fake News it's BOB BARR running as the Libertarian Candidate. Read Barr's Issues Page. ELSEWHERE it's business as usual with surrogates filling up the screen. RAHM EMANUEL will also be on This George. On Face the Bob look for former NATO Commander GENERAL WESLEY CLARK taking on JOE LIEBERMAN, a favorite Brick Target. Meet the press is now being hosted by Tom Brokaw and he'll get a crack at THE GOVERNATOR and ask Colorado Governor BILL RITTER if the Dems are short-changing Denver. Be sure to tune in U-boat Captain Blitzer for SEYMOUR HERSCH. The White House scrounged up cab fair to CNN for thier lone spokeperson this week, U.S. Ambassador to Iraq RYAN CROCKER. 60 Minutes mails it in for summer. Be sure to tune in Ring of Fire Radio with guests BRAD FRIEDMAN, BOB WEXLER and COEHM author JOHN PERKINS. The Brick TeeVee crew took a collective breath when the US Senate chose to "push back an overhaul of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) until after lawmakers return in July" thanks in no small measure to Senator Russ Feingold. “It’s a capitulation,” said Feingold, who argues that Democrats have allowed themselves to be intimidated by the “fear approach of the administration.” We applaud Senator Feingold and Senator Dodd for holding out for the Fourth Amendment! It's not too late, folks! The ACLU is fighting back with a coalition called "STRANGE BEDFELLOWS". See John Amato at Crooks and Liars Strange Bedfellows meet on FISA and sign up at http://www.thestrangebedfellows.com right away! And write your Senators!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
BRAD FRIEDMAN on RING OF FIRE RADIO Brad Friedman (www.bradblog.com) and attorney Matt Schultz will join us to talk about the dismissal of the Qui Tam lawsuit filed against voting machine manufacturers, and what this means for America’s voting system.
MLB ON TBS TBS joins the MLB family with their NEW weekly Sunday Afternoon Baseball Game. This week it's more Inter-League Play and the Subway Series continues with the Yankees visting the cross-town rival Mets - 1 pm et
NASCAR Sprint Cup on TNT It's the LENOX Industrial Tools 301 from New Hampshire Motor Speedway - coverage begins at 12:30 pm et
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
205 days until our national nightmare is over
4,113 Military Dead as of June 28, 2008
1,886 days since "Mission Accomplished"
- This Week (ABC)
• Rep. Rahm Emanuel (D-IL)
• Gov. Tim Pawlenty (R-MN)
• Ralph Nader (I)
• Roundtable: Arianna Huffington, Byron York, Hugh Hewitt, and Katrina vanden Heuvel
- Face The Nation (CBS)TOPIC: McCain vs Obama
• General Wesley Clark (Ret.), former NATO Supreme Allied Commander; former Presidential Candidate
• Sen. Joe Lieberman (I)-Connecticut
• David Sanger Editor-in-Chief, The New York Times
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Purge A Baghdad clergyman estimates that 90 percent of Iraq’s Christians, once thought to number over a million, have either fled or have been murdered by Islamic extremists during the religious civil war. Scott Pelley reports.
• Roots The new field of genetic genealogy uses DNA to trace ancestry back hundreds of years, sometimes surprising customers with unlikely relatives. Lesley Stahl reports.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Tom Brokaw, Host
• GOV. ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER R-California
• GOV. DAVE FREUDENTHAL D-Wyoming, Chair, Western Governors' Association
• GOV. BILL RITTER D-Colorado
• CHUCK TODD Political Director, NBC News
- Late Edition (CNN) It's a war of words between John McCain and Barack Obama. Governors Jon Corzine and Bobby Jindal weigh in on the heated race for the white house. Plus, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell on how congress is dealing with soaring gas prices.
• Sen. Mitch McConnell: (R) Minority Leader
• Gov. Jon Corzine: (D) New Jersey
• Gov. Bobby Jindal: (R) Louisiana
• Ryan Crocker: U.S. Ambassador to Iraq
• Terry McAuliffe: Clinton Campaign Chairman
• Seymour Hersh: The New Yorker Magazine
- Seder on Sunday! CANCELLED - WATCH THIS SPACE for Seder News
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/ and http://goleft.tv/
• Congressman Robert Wexler (D-FL) will be joining us to talk about why he hasn’t given up his fight to impeach vice president Dick Cheney.
• Former economic hitman and author John Perkins will be here to talk about his latest book “The Secret History of the American Empire,” which tells how corporations are quickly taking over the world.
• Brad Friedman (www.bradblog.com) and attorney Matt Schultz will join us to talk about the dismissal of the Qui Tam lawsuit filed against voting machine manufacturers, and what this means for America’s voting system.
• Director of the Public Health Program at the NRDC, Dr. Linda Greer will be here to talk about the NRDC’s drive to ban the sale of mercury to third world countries.
• And Bill Scher - the executive editor of LiberalOasis.com and the online editor for Campaign for America's Future – will tell us why Bush and McCain’s offshore drilling plan will do nothing to solve the energy crisis in America.
• We’re also starting a new “Viewer Mail” segment, so send your questions or comments to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be responding to your emails on the air!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack!
- "Massa In The Morning"
"Massa In The Morning" is quick, topical, smart, sometimes hilarious, and ALWAYS kind. With co-host Bill Berry, EVERY Sunday morning from 10am til noon Eastern time!
WHHO-AM 1320 Streaming ON-LINE at http://www.hornellradio.com
(you do have to register, so go register now if you want to listen tomorrow.)
CALL IN! 607-324-2000 (yer cell phone minutes are FREE on the weekends!)
• Gov. Ed Rendell, D-Pa., Obama supporter
• Rob Portman, McCain supporter and former director of the Office of Management and Budget
• Former Representative Bob Barr, Libertarian Party presidential candidate
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Are you going to brave the Sunday shows?
So if you're going to be watching, jot down which show you're watching,and how many minutes in it was from the beginning of the show. We'll have every moment of every show recorded. And please include the subject line "Sunday Shows" on any email tip you send in. Send tips to email@example.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!