Brick TeeVee is a preview of the Sunday Talking Head Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media, plus some good progressive radio and who will be on which show. If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have, please share below. Post your comments while you watch! It's fun, it's healthy and doggonit at least we'll know others can also see through the media manipulation that blankets our public airwaves. DEBUNK HERE!
So, with no further ado, I present to you This Week's Brick TeeVee entry!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
With the Olympics in full swing you might think Russia picked a perfect time to INVADE South Ossetia of the Georgia Republic. The US Corporate media might have you thinking that, but Russia... moved tanks and troops into South Ossetia to protect its nationals and peacekeepers hours after Georgia launched a full-scale military offensive against its breakaway territory. So while NERO was getting drunk in China, The Big Bear made a move The West can do NOTHING about. To shore up this apparent weakness the White House Limo is all gassed up for The Shoe Lady and Chuck Schumer's Bestest Buddy. Defense Secretary ROBERT GATES gets dropped off at ABC and CNN while SHOE LADY RICE comes back from vacation and gets dropped off at CBS, NBC and FAKE NEWS. Both will bamboozle the American Public, invoking Cold War rhetoric while ignoring their plans to put a MISSLE DEFENSE in Poland and encourage other former Soviet Bloc countries to join the same NATO they once dismissed as "Old Europe" with their "Freedom Fries". Meanwhile, the Presidential Campaigns send out more surrogates to infiltrate the Public Large with their talking points. This George has TOM "I voted FOR the IWR" DASCHLE pitted against MITT "I caged my dog to the top of my car then went 60 mph" ROMNEY while Face the Bob has EVAN "bye" BAYH facing off TIM PAWLENTY. U-Boat Captain Blitzer continues the one-on-ones with veep short-listers ERIC CANTOR and BILL RICHARDSON. Wolfie also gets an exclusive with US-Backed Georgia President MIKHEIL SAAKASHVILI, who will gladly tell a US audience he was PUNKED (see above story). Plenty of brick-throwing opportunites abound! When you've had enough of THAT, check out VALERIE PLAME WILSON on 60 Minutes (repeat from spring) and Ring of Fire with SCOTT HORTON's latest on the DON SIEGELMAN case. The Brick TeeVee crew took the day off to see Angels @ Indians and a free concert at the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame with TERRIBLE TED NUGENT. Ted offered FREE machine guns to kids in the crowd and thanked our Armed Forces for "killing all the crazies". TRUE! Ah that Teddy! What a kidder! HAHA!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
Olympics on NBC/MSNBC Track and field and more. Check your local listings.
NASCAR on ESPN Get your sticky notes out for the 3M Performance 400 at Michigan International Speedway. Brian Vickers and Jimmy Johnson on the front row. Coverage begins at 1 pm et
MLB ON TBS TBS joins the MLB family with their NEW weekly Sunday Afternoon Baseball Game. This week it's Milwaukee Brewers @ LA Dodgers - 4 pm et
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
156 days until our national nightmare is over
4,143 Military Dead as of Aug 15, 2008
1,936 days since "Mission Accomplished"
- This Week (ABC) Jake Tapper fills in
• Defense Secretary Robert Gates
• Former Governor Mitt Romney (R-MA)
• Former Senator Tom Daschle (D-SD)
• Roundtable: E.J. Dionne of the Brookings Institution, Michael Gerson of the Council on Foreign Relations, and ABC New's Jan Crawford Greenburg and George Will
- Face The Nation (CBS)TOPIC: Campaign 2008
• Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
• Sen. Evan Bayh (D-Ind./Obama supporter)
• Gov. Tim Pawlenty (R-Minn./McCain supporter)
- 60 Minutes (CBS) Summer reruns
• No Ordinary Spy Valerie Plame Wilson, the former covert CIA officer whose leaked identity resulted in a national scandal that reached all the way to the White House, appears in her first interview since her cover was blown. Katie Couric reports.
• War Against Women The civil war in Congo is an ethnic conflict, but gender has become a crucial factor, too, as women are bearing the brunt of one of the horrible weapons used in the war: rape. CNN's Anderson Cooper reports.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Tom Brokaw, Host, Live from Beijing
• CONDOLEEZZA RICE, Secretary of State
• GOV. BOBBY JINDAL (R-LA), McCain supporter
• GOV. TIM KAINE (D-VA), Obama supporter
• ROUNDTABLE: Atlantic's Joshua Green, NBC's Andrea Mitchell & NBC's Political Director Chuck Todd.
• SPECIAL TIME! DUE TO NBC's COVERAGE OF THE OLYMPICS, MEET THE PRESS WILL AIR AT A SPECIAL TIME IN MANY MARKETS -- INCLUDING 9:00 A.M. ET IN WASHINGTON AND NEW YORK CITY. PLEASE CONSULT LOCAL LISTINGS.
- Late Edition (CNN) Rising tensions with Russia - how should the U.S. Respond? Wolf talks to Defense Secretary Robert Gates. Plus, the latest on the conflict from Georgia's President Mikheil Saakashvili. And Wolf sits down two people on the vice presidential short list: Republican Congressman Eric Cantor and Democratic Governor Bill Richardson
• Robert Gates: Defense Secretary
• Pres. Mikheil Saakashvili: Georgia
• Sen. Richard Lugar: (R) Indiana
• Gov. Bill Richardson: (D) New Mexico
• Rep. Eric Cantor: (R) Virginia
• Rep. Chris Van Hollen: (D) Maryland
- Seder on Sunday! CANCELLED - WATCH THIS SPACE for Seder News :: Sam Seder will be filling in for Bobby Kennedy this week on Ring of Fire Radio!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/ and http://goleft.tv/
• Author Jim Hightower will be stopping by to tell us about his new book “Swim Against the Current, Even a Dead Fish Can Go with the Flow.”
• Harpers Magazine contributor Scott Horton will be here to tell us about the ongoing investigation into the politically motivated Don Siegelman prosecution.
• Author Chris Mooney will talk to us about how the environment is going to be playing a big role in this year’s election.
• Susan Jacoby will be here to tell us how 8 years of Bush have helped to “dumb down” Americans.
• Investigative journalist Ken Silverstein joins us to talk about Congress’s expensive habits – which include spending your campaign donations on lavish dinners.
• And author Douglas Schoen will be here to tell us why he thinks that this year might be the year that a viable third-party candidate could end up taking the White House.
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack!
- "Massa In The Morning"
"Massa In The Morning" is quick, topical, smart, sometimes hilarious, and ALWAYS kind. With co-host Bill Berry, EVERY Sunday morning from 10am til noon Eastern time!
WHHO-AM 1320 Streaming ON-LINE at http://www.hornellradio.com
(you do have to register, so go register now if you want to listen tomorrow.)
CALL IN! 607-324-2000 (yer cell phone minutes are FREE on the weekends!)
• Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
• Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo., Obama campaign national co-chair
• Tom Ridge, former governor of Pennsylvania and McCain
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Are you going to brave the Sunday shows?
So if you're going to be watching, jot down which show you're watching,and how many minutes in it was from the beginning of the show. We'll have every moment of every show recorded. And please include the subject line "Sunday Shows" on any email tip you send in. Send tips to firstname.lastname@example.org
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!