Brick TeeVee is a preview of the Sunday Talking Head Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media, plus some good progressive radio and who will be on which show. If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have, please share below. Post your comments while you watch! It's fun, it's healthy and doggonit at least we'll know others can also see through the media manipulation that blankets our public airwaves. DEBUNK HERE!
So, with no further ado, I present to you This Week's Brick TeeVee entry!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
With a resounding 364-163 projected Electoral College win and a seven-million popular vote margin, US citizens elected Obama/Biden to the White House. On top of that, Democrats picked up 20-some US House seats and at least six more chairs in the august US Senate (pending a few recounts in Minnesota, Alaska and Georgia). And so ends possibly the worst presidency in history with the current Commander-in-Chief's approval rating hovering in the mid 20's. Let's go to the video! President-Elect Obama will have two foreign military occupations, a devastated economy, erosion of civil liberties, a health care system run amok, disintegrating infrastructure, job losses not seen in 15 years and more to deal with. First out of the gate is Rahm Emanuel as NEW WH Chief of Staff, who will visit with Face the Bob and This George. Then, look for Transition Team members JOHN PODESDA on Wolfie and Fake News Sunday and VALERIE JARRETT on Meet the Tom. Trying to explain the tarnished GOP Brand will be the McCain Campaign manager RICK DAVIS on This George and Former RNC Chairman MEL MARTINEZ on Meet the Tom. Also on with U-Boat Captian Blitzer is everybody's favorite "flaming liberal" HARRY "Milquetoast" REID and DA GOVERNATOR himself to explain his state's "girly man" phobia. Don't forget Ring of Fire this week for a great interview with Documentary film director Stefan Forbes, his latest BOOGIEMAN: The Lee Atwater Story and one of Brick TeeVee's heroes, Brad Freidman of BradBlog.com to discuss all the voting "irregularities" that happened this week and those that are still ongoing. Catch His Bradness on the Peter B. Collins Show podcast courtesy Green 960 HERE (<--- .mp3). Also, BrickTeeVee understands ERIC MASSA (D-NY29) is up by about 4,400 votes and may face a recount. As Eric says, "...my respect for our democratic system prevents me from making such a declaration until every vote is counted. To do any less would be a disservice to our democracy and our men and women serving overseas whose votes are yet to be counted." We fully agree, Eric! The BrickTeeVee crew proudly stood with 40,000 other Buckeyes and voted for Nader/Gonzalez (a whopping 0.74%!). Get in on the ground floor! Check out November5.org!!! And start holding the new administration accountable by signing this petition: No Foxes in the Henhouse! to oppose LARRY "Africa Is 'Under-Polluted'" SUMMERS for Treasury (NOTE: When you sign this petition, your comments will go to John Podesta and Michael Strautmanis of the Obama transition team.) Oh yeah, throw bricks at the hosts this week!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
NASCAR ON ABC Race #9 of The Chase! It's the Checker O'Reilly Auto Parts 500 presented by Pennzoil at Phoenix International Raceway. Jimmie Johnson is on the pole. Coverage begins at 3 pm et.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
72 days until our national nightmare is over
4,193 Military Dead as of Nov 8, 2008
2,020 days since "Mission Accomplished"
- This Week (ABC)
• Incoming White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel (D-IL)
• Rick Davis, Campaign Manager for the McCain Campaign.
• ROUNDTABLE: extended roundtable with Newsweek's Fareed Zakaria and Harvard University's David Gergen, Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Cynthia Tucker and ABC News' George Will
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• RAHM EMANUEL Obama Chief of Staff
• JOHN HARRIS Politico
• DAVID BROOKS The New York Times
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Inner Circle Steve Kroft goes behind the scenes on election night to speak to the brains whose strategy propelled Barack Obama into the White House.
• The Wasteland Where do the millions of computer monitors, cell phones and other electronic refuse our society generates end up? Some of it is shipped illegally from the U.S. to China, reports Scott Pelley, where it is harming the environment and the people who salvage its valuable components.
• Ted Turner The nearly 70-year-old media mogul looks back on a life marked by huge successes, steep downfalls and public feuds that have made him an American legend. Morley Safer reports.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Tom Brokaw, host
• VALERIE JARRETT Co-Chair, Obama-Biden Transition Team
• SEN. MEL MARTINEZ (R-FL) Former RNC Chairman
• REP. JAMES CLYBURN (D-SC) House Majority Whip
• ROUNDTABLE: presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin, Newsweek's Jon Meacham and Mary Mitchell of the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Late Edition (CNN) The Democrats win big on election night. Senate majority leader Harry Reid breaks down the new Democratic agenda. Plus, what's next for the Republican party? An exclusive interview with California's governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
• Sen. Harry Reid: (D) Majority Leader
• Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger: (R) California
• John Podesta: Co-chairman, Obama transition team
• Touré: BET Correspondent
• Mary Frances Berry: Fmr. U.S. Civil Rights Commissioner
• Grant Hill: NBA Player
- MARON v SEDER Mark Maron vs. Sam Seder LIVE Weekdays at 3 pm et! Go to MaronvSeder.com to watch & listen! Very cool!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• Documentary film director Stefan Forbes will be joining us to talk about the legacy of Lee Atwater – the father of modern-day filth politics.
• NRDC president Frances Beinecke will be here to tell us about President Bush’s last minute environmental regulations that he’s pushing through to give his corporate cronies one last gift before leaving office.
• Mark Potok, editor of the Intelligence Report by the Southern Poverty Law Center, joins us to talk about the racist activities occurring as a result of Barack Obama’s electoral victory.
• Our good friend Brad Friedman stops by to tell us about the voting disasters that our country experienced this week, and why its so important for Democrats to use their new, stronger majorities to fix these problems.
• And Stewart Acuff, organizing director of the AFL-CIO, will join us to talk about Bush’s legacy of destroying labor protections, and what we can expect from an Obama presidency
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- NEW SHOW! UNREPORTED NEWS on KPHX The Unreported News Radio Show is a show about how Main Stream Media ignores certain News Stories about the issues that affect the Lives of so many people. The Unreported News Radio Show will look at these issues and discuss the ways we can pushback on Mainstream Media for fair Reporting. 11 am et on www.1480KPHX.com
- "Massa In The Morning"
"Massa In The Morning" is quick, topical, smart, sometimes hilarious, and ALWAYS kind. With co-host Bill Berry, EVERY Sunday morning from 10am til noon Eastern time!
WHHO-AM 1320 Streaming ON-LINE at http://www.hornellradio.com
(you do have to register, so go register now if you want to listen tomorrow.)
CALL IN! 607-324-2000 (yer cell phone minutes are FREE on the weekends!)
• Rep. Mike Pence, R-Ind.
• Rep. Eric Cantor, R-Va.
• John Podesta, Co-chair Obama-Biden transition team
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!