Brick TeeVee is a preview of the Sunday Talking Head Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media, plus some good progressive radio and who will be on which show. If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have, please share below. Post your comments while you watch! It's fun, it's healthy and doggonit at least we'll know others can also see through the media manipulation that blankets our public airwaves. DEBUNK HERE!
So, with no further ado, I present to you This Week's Brick TeeVee entry!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Leading off this week's bobblehead shows is FIRST LADY LAURA BUSH (at least for the next seven weeks) on Meet the Tom, followed by TED TURNER. Face the Bob has their annual book show with BOB WOODWARD, FAREED ZAKARIA and JANE MAYER. Check out Jane on Democracy Now! The Dark Side: Jane Mayer on the Inside Story of How the War on Terror Turned Into a War on American Ideals from July 18, 2008 for the full hour. This Snuffagupolis spends the hour discussing this week's attacks in India with JACK REED, RICHARD LUGAR and Pakistan's US Ambassador HUSAIN HAQQANI. U-boat Captain Blitzer is all over the road, from Detriot's woes to The Transition and India, featuring the Tag Team of ED ROLLINS & JAMES CARVILLE. Speaking of Rollins, how about HENRY ROLLINS on Ring of Fire Radio talking about corporate media! Our crew recommends saving a special brick for Ole Laura. She's rumored to be going back to her old job as librarian at the BU$H Prezidential Lie-brary haha! The Brick TeeVee crew snuck outta Gramma's with a load of leftovers, including cheescake and wine! (hic). Nothing better than a turkey-n-stuffing omlette topped with cranberry sauce and a side of mashed potatoes and peas on the Sunday Morning after Thanksgiving! More tryptophan? Bring it on!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
The Economy & The Bailouts We've been digging through Naomi Klein's SHOCK DOCTRINE and recently finished Chapter 12: The Capitalist ID. There we found this tidbit:
[John] Williamson casually pointed out that this raised some intriguing questions:
(from a meeting held on January 13, 1993 Washington DC)
"One will have to ask whether it could conceivably make sense to think of deliberately provoking a crisis so as to remove the political logjam to reform. For example, it has sometimes been suggested in Brazil that it would be worthwhile stoking up a hyperinflation so as to scare everyone into accepting those changes ... Presumably no one with historical foresight would have advocated in the mid-1930s that Germany or Japan go to war in order to get the benefits of the supergrowth that followed their defeat. But could a lesser crisis have served the same function? Is it possible to conceive of a pseudo-crisis that could serve the same positive function without the cost of a real crisis?"
Williamson's remarks represented a major leap forward for the shock doctrine. In a room filled with enough finance ministers and central bank chiefs to hold a major trade summit, the idea of actively creating a serious crisis so that the shock therapy could be pushed through was now being openly discussed.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
51 days until our national nightmare is over
4,207 Military Dead as of Nov 27, 2008
2,041 days since "Mission Accomplished"
- This Week (ABC)
• Husain Haqqani, Pakistan's Ambassador to the United States
• Senator Jack Reed, D-Rhode Island, of the Senate Armed Services Committee
• Senator Richard Lugar, R-Ind., the top Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC's George Will, Matthew Dowd, Donna Brazile and Torie Clarke.
- Face The Nation (CBS) The annual books and authors show
• Author Bob Woodward ("The War Within: A Secret White House History")
• Author Fareed Zakaria ("The Post-American World")
• Author Jane Mayer ("The Dark Side: The Inside Story of How the War on Terror Turned Into a War on American Ideals")
• AuthorMichael Eric Dyson ("April 4, 1968")
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Cheaters 60 Minutes and The Washington Post reveal how online poker players suspecting cheating were forced to successfully ferret out the cheaters themselves. That’s because managers of the mostly-unregulated $18 billion Internet gambling industry failed to respond to their complaints. Steve Kroft and The Washington Post's Gilbert Gaul report.
• The Silver Star Monica Brown, only the second woman to ever win the Silver Star since World War II, describes saving two wounded men during a firefight she wasn't supposed to be near - while she was only 18 years old. Lara Logan reports.
• Michael Phelps He swam into history at the Beijing Olympics and now the 23-year-old phenom tells CNN's Anderson Cooper what his life is like as hundreds of endorsement opportunities roll in to make this U.S. Olympic superstar a marketing millionaire.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Tom Brokaw, host
• LAURA BUSH First Lady of the United States
• SAID JAWAD Afghanistan's Ambassador to the United States
• TED TURNER Author, "Call Me Ted"
• Plus, a special Thanksgiving Sunday "Meet the Press Minute". On October 20, 1957, another First Lady with a strong interest in the global community — Eleanor Roosevelt — appeared on "Meet the Press" to talk about her 3 hour meeting with communist leader Nikita Khrushchev of the Soviet Union.
- Late Edition (CNN) Terrorism in India; transition; Obama administration; Auto industry bailout; the economy.
• Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.)
• Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Pa.).
• Peter Bergen
• Sajjan Gohel, Asia-Pacific Foundation
• Ron Gettelfinger, United Auto Workers
• Maj. Gen. Mark P. Hertling, Multi-National Division-North
• Ed Rollins: Republican Strategist
• James Carville: Democratic Strategist
• ROUNDTABLE: David Gergen, Amy Walter; Ed Henry; Bill Schneider
- MARON v SEDER Mark Maron vs. Sam Seder LIVE Weekdays at 3 pm et! Go to MaronvSeder.com to watch & listen! Very cool!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• Rocker, author, activist, and radio host Henry Rollins will be back with us this week to talk about everything from his latest tour, to his thoughts on the corporate-controlled media.
• Senator Sheldon Whitehouse from Rhode Island will be joining us to talk about his recent trip to Afghanistan, and why the US needs to focus our military efforts there in the war on terror.
• And Julia Bovey from the NRDC will talk about how all of the major problems facing the incoming Obama administration are all rooted within the environment.
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- NEW SHOW! UNREPORTED NEWS on KPHX The Unreported News Radio Show is a show about how Main Stream Media ignores certain News Stories about the issues that affect the Lives of so many people. The Unreported News Radio Show will look at these issues and discuss the ways we can pushback on Mainstream Media for fair Reporting. 11 am et on www.1480KPHX.com
- "Massa In The Morning"
"Massa In The Morning" is quick, topical, smart, sometimes hilarious, and ALWAYS kind. With co-host Bill Berry, EVERY Sunday morning from 10am til noon Eastern time!
WHHO-AM 1320 Streaming ON-LINE at http://www.hornellradio.com
(you do have to register, so go register now if you want to listen tomorrow.)
CALL IN! 607-324-2000 (yer cell phone minutes are FREE on the weekends!)
• Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.)
• Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.).
• Georgia Senate runoff: Sen. Saxby Chambliss, (R- Ga.)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!