Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media plus some good progressive radio.
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Now that the Obama "Stimulus" Package has been signed into law with only three GOPhers voting for it, states are looking for their share of the pie at the National Governors Association winter meeting three-day meeting in Washington. Although many GOP governors are anxious to get their states' fair share, some are taking Paul Begala's advice: "If Republican politicians are so deeply opposed to President Obama's economic recovery plan, they should refuse to take the money". Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal announced Friday he would reject a portion of the money aimed at expanding state unemployment coverage, and Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour has indicated he may do so as well. Countered Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer, the chairman of the Democratic Governors Association, "It does seem out of character for a governor who has been receiving billions of dollars for years to suddenly say 'I'm not so sure I want these dollars.'" Haha! So the talking heads line up governors of all stripes this Sunday. Leading the pack is The Governator himself on This Snufagupolis, which also features a rematch of Nobelist PAUL KRUGMAN vs. GEORGE "Roosevelt didn't end the depressioin" WILL. Then Face the Bob has governors JON CORZINE (NJ), MITCH DANIELS (IN), and TED STRICKLAND (OH). Meet the David features republicans BOBBY JINDAL (LA) and CHARLIE CRIST (FL). State of the King goes all-GOP too with Arnold, HALEY BARBOUR (MS) and head minority roadblocker MITCH MCCONNELL, a favorite brick target. The Fake News channel goes with a tag team match of Dems ED RENDELL (PA) & JENNIFER GRANHOLM (MI) vs. GOP's MARK SANFORD (SC) & TIM PAWLENTY (MN). We've added a few more shows you can tune in or podcast, including Cindy Sheehan's Soapbox on Green 960 and Antiwar Radio. And don't forget Ring of Fire Radio with Daily Kos founder Markos Moulitsas. Coming up next week: the White House "fiscal responsibility" summit on Monday.
AFGHANISTAN UPDATE For discussion on the Afghanistan "escalation" now being planned and/or implemented please check out Whistling past the Graveyard put together by one of the Brick TeeVee Crew. GOOD ITEM with tons of information and links, plus comments.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
BRADBLOG on Peter B. Colllins His Bradness Brad Friedman of Bradblog.com checks in with Peter, talking about how Norm Coleman wants to rerun the Senate election in MN & a new Holt bill that ALLOWS DRE machines explicitly! Click Peter B Collins 02/20/09 H3 @ Green 960. Also listen to H1 with Robert Parry, ConsortiumNews.com and H2 with Bill Ayers and Bernadette Dohrn and Lt. Gov. John Garamendi at Green 960 - Peter B Collins
NASCAR on Fox From the 2-mile Auto Club Speedway in Fontana CA it's the Auto Club 500! Brian Vickers is your polesitter. Coverage begins at 5 pm et
The 81st Annual Academy Awards on ABC LIVE from Los Angeles. Coverage starts at 8 pm et with the Red Carpet. Hugh Jackman hosts.
Michael Pollan Offers President Food For Thought : NPR Author of "The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History Of Four Meals" and "In Defense Of Food: An Eater's Manifesto", Pollan discusses his essay Farmer in Chief @ NYT Magazine. See NPR Michael Pollan Offers President Food For Thought
Nova M to File for Bankruptcy by Duer 157099 (1000+ posts) Tue Feb-17-09 04:31 PM
Nova M Becomes 'On Second Thought' Tue Feb-17-09 04:31 PM
On Second Thought Radio Network by OSTRN-Support (1 posts)Tue Feb-17-09 06:47 PM
Just a note to let you know that all is not lost!
On Second Thought Radio Network has been formed to bring you Mike Malloy, Nancy Skinner, and Mike Newcomb. We will be honoring all existing subscriptions from the old Nova M, and at least for now the old web addresses will continue to work along with our NEW address which is
We hope you'll drop by as we change the site over and grow this NEW LIBERAL NETWORK which is based, appropriately, in Phoenix.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
4,245 Military Dead as of Feb 20, 2009
2,126 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger
• special edition of "This Week" Roundtable: Paul Krugman, ABC News Contributor; Nouriel Roubini, Economics Professor, New York University Stern School of Business, Suzy Welch, Columnist, Business Week and ABC's George Will.
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• SHAUN DONOVAN, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
• GOVERNOR JON CORZINE, Democrat – New Jersey
• GOVERNOR MITCH DANIELS, Republican - Indiana
• GOVERNOR TED STRICKLAND, Democrat - Ohio
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Drinking Age Lesley Stahl examines the debate over lowering the drinking age to 18, a controversial idea embraced by some people and roundly criticized by groups like Mothers Against Drunk Driving.
• Kidnapped In Basra When the Iraqi army regained control of the city of Basra from warring religious militias, it meant peace for the city's war-torn residents and rescue for CBS News producer Richard Butler, who had been held captive there for three months. Lara Logan reports.
• The Mascot A young Jewish boy who fled into the forest after his family was killed by the Nazis was later captured by Nazi soldiers who, not knowing he was Jewish, gave him a little uniform and a gun and made him their mascot. Bob Simon reports.|
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• GOV. BOBBY JINDAL (R-LA)
• GOV. CHARLIE CRIST (R-FL)
• ROUNDTABLE: Al Hunt, Executive Editor for Washington of Bloomberg News; Michele Norris, Host of NPR's "All Things Considered"; and Becky Quick, Co-anchor of CNBC's "Squawk Box."
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
The new program, hosted by CNN Chief National Correspondent John King, airs every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger
• Gov. Haley Barbour: (R) Mississippi
• Sen. Mitch McConnell: (R) Minority Leader
• Robin Roberts: Anchor, ABC's "Good Morning America"
• Howard Kurtz (formerly of CNN's "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union")
• more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- MARON v SEDER
Mark Maron vs. Sam Seder LIVE Weekdays at 3 pm et!
amazing graphic & logo by nicole s.
Go to MaronvSeder.com to watch & listen! Very cool!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ David Bender (Politically Direct) will be filling in for Bobby this week.
• This week on Ring of Fire, we’re pleased to welcome the blogfather himself, Markos Moulitsas, to our program. Markos will tell us how average US citizens can learn from his success and inspire change in both the media and the political process.
• Former advisor to Senator Ted Kennedy Nick Littlefield will be here to talk about the need for swift healthcare reform, much like the Democrats passed in 1993 – 94 when they controlled both the Legislative and Executive Branches. Will history repeat itself this year?
• We’re also going to be taking a look at the sad state of America’s welfare system with Mother Jones’ investigative reporter Stephanie Mencimer, and we’ll find out how states are literally stealing money from these programs to fill in other gaps in their budgets.
• And comedian and cartoonist Matt Filipowicz will be joining us once again to give us the humorous side of the news.
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Dave Marsh on XM 167 Listen to podcasts of Dave Marsh LIVE! @ xmfan.com via E STREET RADIO.
As reported by ghettodefender Sun, 02/08/2009 - 5:28pm.
wiki: Dave Marsh (born March 1, 1950, Detroit, Michigan) is an American music critic who briefly attended Wayne State University, became a co-founder of Creem magazine, wrote for various publications such as Newsday, The Village Voice, and Rolling Stone, and also edited Rock and Roll Confidential, a newsletter about rock music and social issues. Marsh is also a member of the National Advisory Board of PROTECT: The National Association to Protect Children.
XM put this guy on this afternoon, and I though he was great. Not as good as Sam, but a hella of lot better than a rerun of Rachael. Mostly, he talking about Phelps and our stupid drug laws. He really wanted callers. Was easy to talk to. And never pulled a Randi. Anyway, I don't know anything about him, but so far I'm glad I'm hearing him.
- Max Keiser Radio! Podcasts and more @ Karma Banque Radio!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• This week's entry: Max on BBC Radio Five Live this morning 21 February 2009 Max was on Radio Five Live this morning to talk about the new UK bank bill. The UK gov’t is now allowed to bailout banks in secret, wouldn’t have to tell the taxpayer whose money is bailing out said banks. Nor presumably would insider trading then be exposed as the gov’t action is now state secret?
- Cindy's Soapbox on Green 960 Sundays at 5 pm et - 2 pm pt
LISTEN LIVE Cindy's Soapbox with Cindy Sheehan!
(H/T to samsedershow blogger gloryoski!)
• NOW HEAR THIS: THE PROSECUTION OF GEORGE W. BUSH FOR MURDER . . . Check out our Soapbox this Sunday (Feb. 22) as we feature courageous former L.A. prosecuter, Vincent Bugliosi. Cindy and Vince chat about the process for holding George Bush and company accountable for the murder of thousands of Americans and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• From Feb 5th, 2009 Scott Horton Interviews Chalmers Johnson
• Gov. Ed Rendell, D-Pa.
• Gov. Jennifer Granholm, D-Mich.
• Gov. Mark Sanford, R-S.C.
• Gov. Tim Pawlenty, R-Minn.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!