Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media plus some good progressive radio.
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
With all the hand-wringing this week over executive bonues at AIG (which is really a pittance compared to the overall bailout amount of BILLIONS) DU blogger leveymg explains the MYTHS ABOUT MADOFF’S “PONZI SCHEME” – Bernie’s Game Wasn’t What They Tell You. And Ralph Nader asks, "Where are the resources for comprehensive law enforcement against the Wall Street crooks, swindlers and purveyors of costly deceptive practices? Isn’t there a need to add two to three hundred million dollars for more FBI agents, prosecutors and corporate crime attorneys under the Justice Department to obtain the fines and disgorgements which will far exceed in dollars what is spent by the forces of law and order?" The GOP continue to stonewall any and all Dem ideas and bills. Robert Freeman wonders if The US Is Facing a Weimar Moment "as was the case with Germany in 1919, Republicans do not intend to allow the new government to succeed. They will do everything they can to undermine it. If they are successful, the U.S. may yet go the way of Weimar Germany" and "Bereft of ideas, bankrupt in ideology, architects of collapse, obstruction is all they have." With all that in mind, Sunday's bobbleheads will have plenty more handwringing going on. It's a brick-throwing free-for-all! Watch BARNEY FRANK give the bizness to CHUCK GRASSLEY on Face the Bob with AUSTIN GOOLSBEE running cover. Then This Snufagupolis gets KENT CONRAD to ask SUSAN COLLINS if she want to be part of the New Blue Dog Club. Meet the David gets renowned economists MICHAEL BLOOMBERG and ARNOLD GOVERNATOR to tell ED RENDELL to privatize all of Pennsylvania. CHARLIE "Where's my General" RANGEL goes to Fox Noise Sunday to give RICHARD SHELBY a piece of his mind. The WH Limo takes Christina Romer to Fake News and State of the King. And 60 Minutes gets yet another interview with OBAMA. Later, check out Ring of Fire Radio with SAM SEDER & MARK MARON guest hosts, featuring CHRIS HEDGES and JUAN COLE. Take some time to listen to AntiWar Radio and an interview with Tomas Young from the documentary Body of War. The Brick TeeVee crew is glued to the NCAA Hoops Tourney. They are cheering on the Cleveland State Vikings and hope to see them go to the Sweet Sixteen tomorrow! Go Vikings! Unfortunately they had one bracket go bust when the OSU Buckeyes lost in double overtime. They still have Zaga, Villanova and UCONN alive and well, thank you! And spin your local AM dial to find a Spring Training game going on somewhere. Opening Night is only two weeks away!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
The LAST Peter B. Colllins Show After nearly five years Peter closed up shop with his on-air show Last Friday. Click 3-20-09 to listen to the whole show! Thank you, Peter B. Collins, for all the excellent shows these past four years! Come back soon! (write to PBC here: http://www.peterbcollins.com/contact/). Watch this space for the New PBC Podcast in June!
NASCAR on FOX The Food City 500 from the 1/2 mile Bristol Motor Speedway. Matt Kenseth is on the Pole. Coverage begins at 1:30 pm et
March Madness on CBS The NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament continues to whittle down to the Sweet Sixteen. Coverage begins at 12:00 pm et
World Baseball Classic on ESPN Don't miss out as Team USA takes on defending-champion Japan Sunday at 8 p.m. ET at Dodger Stadium for the chance to play for the World Baseball Classic title
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
4,258 Military Dead as of Mar 20, 2009
2,154 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• Sen. Kent Conrad, D-N.D.
• Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine
• Rep. Mike Pence, R-Ind.
• Vice President Joe Biden's chief economist, Jared Bernstein
• Roundtable: former Labor Secretary Robert Reich, as well as ABC News' George Will, Donna Brazile and Betsy Stark.
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• AUSTAN GOOLSBEE White House Council of Economic Advisers
• REP. BARNEY FRANK D-Massachusetts
• SEN. CHARLES GRASSLEY R-Iowa
• JOHN DICKERSON Chief Political Correspondent, Slate magazine
• JACKIE CALMES National Correspondent, New York Times
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• President Obama The president discusses the most pressing issues of his first two months in office, including the economy, the bailouts, his budget and America's involvement in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Steve Kroft will talk to Barack Obama in the Oval Office for the interview, expected to be longer than any other he has granted.
• Mr. Ayers And Mr. Lopez Discovered living on the streets by Los Angeles Times newspaper columnist Steve Lopez, mentally ill musician Nathaniel Ayers has become the subject of a book by Lopez and now a Hollywood film. Morley Safer reports
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg
• Gov. Ed Rendell (D-PA)
• Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (R-CA)
• ROUNDTABLE: special economic and political roundtable with NBC's Tom Brokaw and CNBC's Erin Burnett.
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• one of President Obama's top economic advisers, Christina Romer
• Republican Senator Judd Gregg
• Howard Kurtz (formerly of CNN's "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union") Howard Kurtz talks to '60 Minutes' correspondent Steve Kroft about his interview with President Obama in the Oval Office
• more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- MARON v SEDER
Mark Maron vs. Sam Seder LIVE STREAM Weekdays at 3 pm et!
amazing graphic & logo by nicole s.
Go to MaronvSeder.com to watch & listen! Very cool! SEE BELOW!!!!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Bobby and Mike are out this week, so we’ve turned our studios over to Marc Maron and Sam Seder from Break Room Live!
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• This week, we’ll be talking with columnist and author Dan Gross about the make-believe war on the rich that the GOP is trying so desperately to convince us is actually happening.
• We’ll also be checking in with author Frank Schaeffer, the man who helped invent the Religious Right. He’s gonna tell us why he not only abandoned the religious fringe in this country, but the Republican Party altogether.
• We’ve also got professor, author, and Middle East expert Juan Cole, who’ll tell us about his new book “Engaging the Muslim World,” and we’ll also get some insight into the Afghanistan opium trade that’s supplying the majority of the world’s opium, and represents a huge source of income for both the Taliban and non-militant farmers
• And Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Chris Hedges stops by to tell us how Americans have become increasingly unaware of their surroundings over the last few decades, and we’ve grown to accept things as they are presented to us, rather than looking past the spin and seeing things as they are. According to Hedges, this is a particularly dangerous phenomenon now, when we are literally watching our economy and infrastructure crumbling before our eyes.
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Dave Marsh on XM 167 Listen to podcasts of Dave Marsh LIVE! @ xmfan.com via E STREET RADIO.
As reported by ghettodefender Sun, 02/08/2009 - 5:28pm.
wiki: Dave Marsh (born March 1, 1950, Detroit, Michigan) is an American music critic who briefly attended Wayne State University, became a co-founder of Creem magazine, wrote for various publications such as Newsday, The Village Voice, and Rolling Stone, and also edited Rock and Roll Confidential, a newsletter about rock music and social issues. Marsh is also a member of the National Advisory Board of PROTECT: The National Association to Protect Children.
XM put this guy on this afternoon, and I though he was great. Not as good as Sam, but a hella of lot better than a rerun of Rachael. Mostly, he talking about Phelps and our stupid drug laws. He really wanted callers. Was easy to talk to. And never pulled a Randi. Anyway, I don't know anything about him, but so far I'm glad I'm hearing him.
- Max Keiser Radio! Podcasts and more @ Karma Banque Radio!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• This week's entry: Max Keiser on Radio Five Live - G20
- Cindy's Soapbox on Green 960 Sundays at 5 pm et - 2 pm pt
LISTEN LIVE Cindy's Soapbox with Cindy Sheehan!
(H/T to samsedershow blogger gloryoski!)
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• From March 19th, 2009 Scott Horton Interviews Tomas Young
Tomas Young, member of Iraq Veterans Against the War, discusses his injuries sustained during military service in Iraq, his featured role in the documentary Body of War, the mission of IVAW and the advice a potential military enlistee needs to hear. Tomas Young is the subject of Body of War, a documentary film by Phil Donahue and Ellen Spiro. He is a paralyzed Iraq veteran and member of Iraq Veterans Aganist the War.
• Christina Romer, chair, White House Council of Economic Advisers
• Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Ala., ranking member, Banking Committee
• Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y., chairman, House Ways and Means Committee
• Pete Souza, chief White House photographer
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!