Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media plus some good progressive radio.
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Unless you've been living under a rock this week, you may have heard about Matt Taibbi's item in Rolling Stone aptly titled "The Big Takeover". Take it away, Matt! "It's over — we're officially, royally fucked. No empire can survive being rendered a permanent laughingstock, which is what happened as of a few weeks ago, when the buffoons who have been running things in this country finally went one step too far. It happened when Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner was forced to admit that he was once again going to have to stuff billions of taxpayer dollars into a dying insurance giant called AIG, itself a profound symbol of our national decline — a corporation that got rich insuring the concrete and steel of American industry in the country's heyday, only to destroy itself chasing phantom fortunes at the Wall Street card tables, like a dissolute nobleman gambling away the family estate in the waning days of the British Empire." Well, guess who will be featured on Sunday Morning? No, not Taibbi! HA! The WH Limo will take TIM GEITHNER to Meet the David and This Snufagupolos to explain NONE of what Taibbi has in RS and instead tell us how AIG is "too big to fail" and all his buds on Wall Street really need MORE TAX PAYER MONEY! Then the WH HIMSELF will be on with Face the Bob to explain exactly why Geithner is doing a "heck of a job" bankrupting the country. Of course don't miss throwing bricks at JOHN "Crazytrain" MCCAIN on MTP right after Geithner. And cheer on PAUL KRUGMAN during the This Week Roundtable where he tells GEORGE WILL to stuff it! State of the King will have on RICHARD HOLBROOKE and DAVID PATRAEUS discussing the Greater Middle East and the Afghanistan "surge". FAKE NEWS SUNDAY trolls for Canadian PM right-winger STEPHEN HARPER and SoD ROBERT GATES. Catch the Sunday broadcast of Ring Of Fire Radio with BBC Investigative reporter GREG PALAST about the 20th anniversary of the Exxon Valdez oil spill and Congressman RUSH HOLT about Voting Machine manufacturer Diebold's "Hidden" DELETE button. Don't forget to run ANTIWAR RADIO's interview with Larry Wilkerson. Looks like Cindy Sheehan is no longer on Green 960's Sunday lineup, so drop us a line if you know what's up with that! The stimulus bill is allegedly looking for "shovel ready" projects and the Brick TeeVee crew has one ready for a government bailout. Do you know how many shovelfuls it takes to move FIVE YARDS of TOPSOIL? The Brick TeeVee crew found out this weekend, as they are expanding the garden to make this year's the bestest ever! Now all they want are long hot baths, back rubs and hot stone massages, and...HEY! Wait a minute! Isn't that what all the AIG Execs got at the luxury spa?
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
Matt Taibbi on Democracy NOW! Taibbi discusses his latest article in Rolling Stone The Big Takeover with Amy Goodman on the March 25, 2009 broadcast. See AIG and the Big Takeover: Matt Taibbi on “How Wall Street Insiders Are Using the Bailout to Stage a Revolution”.
Matt Taibbi on GRITtv with Laura Flanders Jane Hamsher of Firedoglake, Robert Johnson, former managing director of Soros Funds Management, and Matt Taibbi a contributing editor at Rolling Stone on the takeover of Washington. If you were pissed off before, well, brace yourself. See Geithner Should Go: Matt Taibbi, Robert Johnson, and Jane Hamsher from March 26, 2009.
CHRIS HEDGES ON GRITtv There’s a lot of anger out there. And everyone’s talking about channeling it. Chris Hedges says that Obama doesn’t have much time left and that if he doesn’t act soon his presidency may be doomed. We speak to Hedges about our financial and moral crisis. See All the Rage, Chris Hedges on our Moral Collapse, and Casino Capitalism from March 24, 2009.
NASCAR on FOX It's the Goody's Fast Pain Relief 500 from the 1/2 mile Martinsville Speedway. Qualifying was cancelled by rain so points leader Jeff Gordon is on the pole. Coverage begins at 1:30 pm et
March Madness on CBS The NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament continues to whittle down to the Final Four. Coverage begins at 2:00 pm et
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
4,260 Military Dead as of Mar 27, 2009
2,161 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner
• Roundtable: Nobel prize-winning economist Paul Krugman, ABC's George Will, Cokie Roberts, and Matthew Dowd.
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• Barack Obama, President Of The United States Of America
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Internet Is Infected Lesley Stahl reports on computer viruses that propagate on the Internet and infect PCs, which enable their creators – often called cyber gangs – to learn the information they need to electronically rob bank accounts.
• Poisoned The African lion, already down as much as 85 percent in numbers from just 20 years ago, is now in danger of becoming extinct because people are poisoning them with a cheap American pesticide to protect their cattle herds. Bob Simon reports.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• TIM GEITHNER, Treasury Secretary
• SEN. JOHN McCAIN (R-AZ) Ranking Member, Armed Services Committee
• ROUNDTABLE: not available at "press time"
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• General David Petraeus
• Special Representative to the region Richard Holbrooke
• Sen. Kent Conrad: (D) Chairman, Budget Committee
• Rep. John Spratt: (D) Chairman, Budget Committee
• Sen. Mitch McConnell: (R) Minority Leader
• Howard Kurtz (formerly of CNN's "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union") Howie breaks down Obama's news conference with three reporters who were in the room.
• more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- MARON v SEDER
Mark Maron vs. Sam Seder LIVE STREAM Weekdays at 3 pm et!
amazing graphic & logo by nicole s.
Go to MaronvSeder.com to watch & listen! Very cool!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• Today on Ring of Fire, we’ll be talking with Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and author Thomas Friedman about how the future of the planet is dependent on bipartisan support of a switch to greener technologies, and how America must work with other countries to prevent irreversible damage to our planet.
• We’ve also got Congressman Rush Holt who’ll tell us all about the latest revelations from Diebold, where a recent investigation showed that their voting machines are equipped with “DELETE” buttons, that could nullify thousands of votes.
• We’ll also be talking with our good friend Greg Palast, one of the last true investigative journalists in America with us today, to talk about the 20th anniversary of the Exxon Valdez oil spill, and why its taken so long for the company to be punished for their actions, and forced to clean up the disaster they caused.
• And we’ll take a look at one of the seemingly-forgotten remnants of the Bush Administration – The prosecution of the GOP’s political opponents, with attorney Hiram Eastland.
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Dave Marsh on XM 167 Listen to podcasts of Dave Marsh LIVE! @ xmfan.com via E STREET RADIO.
As reported by ghettodefender Sun, 02/08/2009 - 5:28pm.
wiki: Dave Marsh (born March 1, 1950, Detroit, Michigan) is an American music critic who briefly attended Wayne State University, became a co-founder of Creem magazine, wrote for various publications such as Newsday, The Village Voice, and Rolling Stone, and also edited Rock and Roll Confidential, a newsletter about rock music and social issues. Marsh is also a member of the National Advisory Board of PROTECT: The National Association to Protect Children.
XM put this guy on this afternoon, and I though he was great. Not as good as Sam, but a hella of lot better than a rerun of Rachael. Mostly, he talking about Phelps and our stupid drug laws. He really wanted callers. Was easy to talk to. And never pulled a Randi. Anyway, I don't know anything about him, but so far I'm glad I'm hearing him.
- Max Keiser Radio! Podcasts and more @ Karma Banque Radio!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• This week's entry: Max Keiser on bankers’ bonuses and gold standards - 27 March 2009
- Cindy's Soapbox on Green 960 CANCELLED
Cindy's Soapbox with Cindy Sheehan appears to be off the grid at Green 960. If you know anything more about this, drop us a line.
(H/T to samsedershow blogger gloryoski!)
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• From March 27th, 2009 Scott Horton Interviews Lawrence Wilkerson
Lawrence Wilkerson, former chief of staff to Colin Powell during his tenure as Secretary of State, discusses how the Bush administration ignored the perfectly adequate Geneva Conventions guidelines for classifying war-zone detainees, the ethical and practical considerations of detaining and interrogating innocent civilians to “fight terror,” the counterclaim to Dick Cheney’s assertion that torture prevents terrorism and the end of an Israel/Palestine two state solution. Wilkerson also says he would cooperate with the prosecution of Dick Cheney for war crimes - not that that would ever happen.
• Secretary of Defense Robert Gates
• Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.
• And, our Power Player of the Week tells us why having a Democrat in the White House still makes it a good time to be a conservative
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!