Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media plus some good progressive radio.
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Even though the Dow went up four straight days last week, the economic wreckage is not over yet. Many more ARM mortgages are set to adjust coming up soon. DownWithTyranny gives us the Root Cause Of The Economic Meltdown: Our Inside-The-Beltway Political Class, Particularly The GOP & Blue Dogs In Thrall To Corporate Bribes while the WH Limo sends LARRY "Africa is Under-polluted" SUMMERS to This Snufagopolis and Face the Bob to explain none of that. Then, that noted GOP economist ERIC "My wife is a Socialist" CANTOR talks tough to the WH's Economic Advisor CHRISTINA ROMER on Meet the David. BARNEY FRANK goes to the dark side on FAKE NEWS with AUSIN GOOLSBEE backing him up facing off against BOB CORKER. Tune into 60 Minutes for a double shot of economic mumbo-jumbo from BEN "Helicopter" BERNANKE. Save your bricks for State of the King and DARTH CHENEY. Also, during the "Reliable Sources" segment look for STEPHANIE "Momma" MILLER discussing the Jon Stewart take-down of Jim Cramer. Go Momma! Ring of Fire Radio is all Capitol Hill with Senator SHELDON WHITEHOUSE and Reps PHIL HARE, ED MARKEY & CHRIS VAN HOLLEN. Spend 30 minutes listening to AntiWar Radio with ERIC MARGOLIS discussing Afghanistan and Pakistan and the planned Caspian Sea pipeline. The Brick TeeVee crew spent the afternoon sticking tiny seeds into trays of dirt and then performing all kinds of ritual dances and spells to make the little seeds grow! I'm locking the liquor cabinet!
PETER B. COLLINS SHOW LEAVING THE AIR
The Progressive Talk Radio World just got a little emptier as Peter B. Collins announced on his show Friday that his show is closing up shop after the Friday March 20th show next week. Listen to last Friday's show here to here Peter discuss this. We at Brick TeeVee welcomed PBC into our compound every evening and will really miss his progressive voice and all the people he brings to the mic, like Brad Friedman of BradBlog.com, Robert Parry of ConsortiumNews.com, Melanie Sloan of CREW, Scott Dick for Military Issues, Jason Leopold of PubRecord.org and so many others. We wish Peter good luck in his future endeavors and hope he doesn't stay off the air very long. Thank you, Peter B. Collins, for all the excellent shows these past four years! Come back soon! (write to PBC here: http://www.peterbcollins.com/contact/)
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
BRADBLOG on Peter B. Colllins Peter's guest for the hour is Brad Friedman, host of bradblog.com. Hot stories from his blog are highlighted this hour including the release of the video demonstrating Ellen Brodsky's innocence in the "disorderly conduct" charge against her; the continuing waiting of Al Franken to be seated as a Minnesota U.S. Senator; and the progressive talk radio quagmire. Click Peter B Collins 03/13/09 H3 @ Green 960. Green 960 - The Peter B Collins Show Archive
BREAKROOM LIVE with Dick Gregory and Janeane Garafalo DO NOT MISS Thursday's show with Janeane Garofalo and Dick Gregory in Breakroom!
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
4,257 Military Dead as of Mar 13, 2009
2,147 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• Lawrence Summers, director of the National Economic Council
• Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.
• Roundtable: ABC News' George Will, Frank Rich of the New York Times, BusinessWeek's Jim Ellis and Robert Kuttner of the American Prospect
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• LAWRENCE SUMMERS, director of the National Economic Council
• THOMAS FRIEDMAN,The New York Times
• MICHAEL FLETCHER, White House reporter, Washington Post
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Chairman In a rare interview with a sitting Federal Reserve chairman – the first in 20 years – Ben Bernanke tells Scott Pelley what went wrong with America's financial system, how it caused the current economic crisis, what the Fed's doing to help fix it and when he expects the crippling recession to end. (This is a double-length segment.)
• Alice Waters She has been cooking and preaching the virtues of fresh food grown in an environmentally friendly way for decades. A world-class restaurant and eight cookbooks to her credit, she's become famous for her "slow food" approach – an antidote to fast food. Lesley Stahl reports.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• Christina Romer, head of the White House Council of Economic Advisers
• Rep. Eric Cantor, R-Va.
• ROUNDTABLE: The Week's David Frum, BBC's Katty Kay, CNBC's Steve Liesman, and PBS's Tavis Smiley
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• Former Vice President Dick Cheney EXCLUSIVE guest
• Rep. Joe Sestak, D-Pa.
• Howard Kurtz (formerly of CNN's "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union") with journalist Tucker Carlson, radio show host Stephanie Miller and "Baltimore Sun" television critic David Zurawik as guests.
• more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- MARON v SEDER
Mark Maron vs. Sam Seder LIVE STREAM Weekdays at 3 pm et!
amazing graphic & logo by nicole s.
Go to MaronvSeder.com to watch & listen! Very cool!
Thursday's show with Janeane Garofalo and Dick Gregory in Breakroom! Excellent!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• Senator Sheldon Whitehouse will be here to tell us about the urgent need for healthcare reform in the United States, and what the Senate is proposing to help pull us out of this crisis.
• Congressman Phil Hare will tell us about the continuing battle in Congress to pass the Employee Free Choice Act, which could extend union benefits to millions of Americans who are already worried about their jobs.
• We’ll also be checking in with Congressman Chris Van Hollen, chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, about their continuing effort to paint the pill-popping Rush Limbaugh as the leader of the Republican Party.
• Congressman Ed Markey will fill us in on the latest global warming legislation that is currently being considered in the House of Representatives.
• And we’ll talk with Sarah Chasis from the NRDC, who’ll tell us all about the recently released Ocean Report Card, and what needs to be done to prevent the loss of millions of miles of coastline.
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Dave Marsh on XM 167 Listen to podcasts of Dave Marsh LIVE! @ xmfan.com via E STREET RADIO.
As reported by ghettodefender Sun, 02/08/2009 - 5:28pm.
wiki: Dave Marsh (born March 1, 1950, Detroit, Michigan) is an American music critic who briefly attended Wayne State University, became a co-founder of Creem magazine, wrote for various publications such as Newsday, The Village Voice, and Rolling Stone, and also edited Rock and Roll Confidential, a newsletter about rock music and social issues. Marsh is also a member of the National Advisory Board of PROTECT: The National Association to Protect Children.
XM put this guy on this afternoon, and I though he was great. Not as good as Sam, but a hella of lot better than a rerun of Rachael. Mostly, he talking about Phelps and our stupid drug laws. He really wanted callers. Was easy to talk to. And never pulled a Randi. Anyway, I don't know anything about him, but so far I'm glad I'm hearing him.
- Max Keiser Radio! Podcasts and more @ Karma Banque Radio!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• This week's entry:  The Truth About Markets - 14 March 2009
- Cindy's Soapbox on Green 960 Sundays at 5 pm et - 2 pm pt
LISTEN LIVE Cindy's Soapbox with Cindy Sheehan!
(H/T to samsedershow blogger gloryoski!)
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• From March 13, 2009 Scott Horton Interviews Eric Margolis
Eric Margolis, author of American Raj: Liberation or Domination, discusses the contradictory U.S. policy of supporting Pakistan’s government while continuing drone airstrikes that foment popular rebellion, the growing ranks of the Taliban and other assorted militants in Pakistan and Afghaninstan, the status of plans for a Caspian oil pipeline, India’s development of ICBM’s that can reach North America and how Iran’s uranium enrichment is an assertion of technological and economic independence.
• Austan Goolsbee, member of the White House Council of Economic Advisers
• Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn.
• Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass.
• Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody's Economy.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!