Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media plus some good progressive radio.
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
First off, a CORRECTION from last week (h/t toniD): Pastor Rick Warren abruptly cancelled an appearance on ABC’s "This Week" in which he would have had the opportunity to clarify his denial last week that he had ever endorsed California’s anti-gay-marriage ballot measure, when in fact he had done so on videotape as reported by politico. All we can say is "YOU FREAKIN' HYPOCRITE CHICKEN!!!" Ahem. So now that even MORE Torture Memos have been released with the stipulation "those who carried out their duties relying in good faith upon legal advice from the Department of Justice that they will not be subject to prosecution." WHAT? So the corporate media will mention NONE of this on Sunday. Instead we'll get RAHM EMANUEL facing off against Crankypants GOP leader JOHN BOEHNER on This Snufagopolis followed by WAYNE LaPIERRE of the NRA telling Face the Bob we need MORE GUNS to prevent GUN VIOLENCE. Then Homeland Security's JANET NAPOLITANO will tell State of the King how Mexicans have too many US-manufactured GUNS and the need for more Americans With Guns need to patrol the U.S. southern border, even as Texas Governor Rick Perry thinks Texas should cede from the Union while the TX Legistature votes to cut Perry's budget by 97%. Not much luck finding discussion about the Torture Memos on Meet the David who will "grill" LARRY "Africa is Under-polluted" SUMMERS about the ongoing economic train wreck Summers and his Wall Street buddies created. We think the best discussion about the Torture Memos will be former CIA Director MICHAEL HAYDEN who will STAUNCHLY DEFEND the torturers on Fake News Sunday. 60 Minutes will outline how everyone has been hoodwinked into investing in 401Ks in place of pensions and plain old savings. Fear not, Ring of Fire Radio takes a look at the worst of the Bu$h admin's enviro laws and has on AGAIN (anybody's guess) TOM "Flat Earth" FREIDMAN. Be sure to cue up ANTIWAR RADIO and click through to MAX KEISER for your economic update. Also check out NAOMI KLEIN for A Lexicon of Disappointment for those suffering "Hopebreak" "Hopesickness" and "Hopelash" or other post-partisan maladies. The Brick Teevee Crew have been working on the new website but it's not quite ready yet. We "hope" we can have it up soon but "things happen". Stay Tuned! Lastly, Congrats to MARK MARTIN winning the NASCAR Subway Fresh Fit 500, first win in 97 races! And GO TRIBE as they blasted a 13-run second inning on the Yankees in a 22-4 rout at the NEW Yankee Stadium! YEAH!
Speaking of BRICK TEEVEE... We urge all our readers and fans to contribute to the alternate media of your choice in place of sending money to candidates who will get plenty of money from corporate PACs and so forth. The Corporate Media has led this country down a very dangerous path. Without the courageous independent journalists, commentators and websites out there we would be in a world of hurt. We think Crank Bait from samsedershow.com has opined the problem, to wit:
- The itty-bitty radio station and its call-in show is not Limbaugh or Hannity or Savage or any other money-grubbing asshole who will play to the crowd for a buck. It's real life, far-right, provincial, mostly poorly educated, untraveled, uber-Conservatives chit-chatting with one another. There are a few people (one older woman in particular...probably a retired teacher) who are NOT Conservatives and who know a given subject from all sides before they call in to gently straighten everyone out by quoting experts.But it never penetrates their thick skulls. They don't even realize that they are being corrected. I can hear the radio show host copping Z's when the lady caller is reciting actual facts. Her commentary flies right over his head.
Most of the participants live in a Conservative bubble. They hate MSNBC and Olbermann and that lesbian lady whose name they can never remember and they make no bones about it. They quote Fox News and Senator James Inhofe and Dr. James Dobson and all of the rest of the usual suspects. I listen so that I don't confine myself to a Liberal bubble. Even though they tend to have the facts wrong and to draw even worse conclusions, I (at least) learn how they think. It's no wonder that some of them keep the anti-Christ myth alive: It would be really easy to bamboozle 'em with a few Elmer Gantry moves. When you observe them in action, you realize that they have very few buttons that require pushing to make them very happy. They are authoritarians almost to a man and they desperately want to follow a Pied Piper who plays their tune.
It is the classic difference between Conservatism and Liberalism. Conservatives want everyone to march in a line and Liberals wander all over the place like mental patients.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!.
Wes Clark Jr. on the Young Turks Wes Clark Jr. tells it the way it is. Wise up and watch Young Turks Apr 7 2009.
SAM SEDER on GRITtvThese topics and reflections on Obama's major economic speech on Tuesday from Jeff Madrick editor of Challenge Magazine and the author most recently of The Case for Big Government, Sam Seder co-host of Break Room Live, and Brandon Brice of Hip Hop Republicans on the media coverage of the past week. See Jeff Madrick: The Media and the Financial Crisis
Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN St. Louis Cardinals @ Chicago Cubs @ 8 pm et
Pacifica & KPFA Celebrates 60 Years Today marks the Sixtieth Anniversary of Pacifica Radio. On April 15th, 1949 at 3:00 p.m., a charismatic conscientious objector named Lewis Hill sat before a microphone and said, “This is KPFA Berkeley.” With that, KPFA went on the air, and the first listener-supported radio station in the United States was born. Pacifica Radio is the oldest independent media network in the United States, and its sixtieth birthday comes as a deepening crisis engulfs mainstream media. To commemorate the sixtieth anniversary of Pacifica Radio today, we feature a documentary about the first Pacifica Radio station: KPFA in Berkeley. It’s called KPFA on the Air by filmmakers Veronica Selver and Sharon Wood and narrated by Pulitzer Prize-winning author Alice Walker. Pacifica Radio at 60: KPFA Remains a Sanctuary of Dissent Six Decades After Its Founding
FireDogLake ACTION Petition to Attorney General Eric Holder: Appoint a Special Prosecutor. CLICK AND SIGN NOW!
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
4,274 Military Dead as of Apr 17, 2009
2,182 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel
• Republican House Minority Leader Rep. John Boehner , R-Ohio.
• Roundtable: ABC's George Will, Sam Donaldson, Cokie Roberts and Wall Street Journal Columnist Peggy Noonan.
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• DAVID AXELROD, Senior White House Advisor
• GOVERNOR ED RENDELL (D) Pennsylvania
• WAYNE LaPIERRE, Executive Vice President, National Rifle Association
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• 401K Recession Never created to be a mainstay of workers' retirement funds, 401ks became just that to millions of Americans who are now facing uncertain futures because of the devastating losses in the stock market. Steve Kroft reports.
• Cold Fusion Is Hot Again Presented in 1989 as a revolutionary new source of energy, cold fusion was quickly dismissed as junk science. But today, the buzz among scientists is that these experiments produce a real physical effect that could lead to monumental breakthroughs in energy production. Scott Pelley reports.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Exclusive! Larry Summers
• White House National Economic Council Director Larry Summers
• ROUNDTABLE: Fmr. Rep. Harold Ford, Jr. (D-TN); Fmr. House Majority Leader Dick Armey (R-TX); Time Magazine's Rick Stengel; The Washington Post's Steven Pearlstein; and Fortune Magazine's Nina Easton.
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano
• Governor David Paterson of New York
• Sen. Amy Klobuchar: (D) Minnesota
• Sen. John Ensign: (R) Nevada
• Howard Kurtz formerly of CNN's "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union"
• more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- MARON v SEDER
Mark Maron vs. Sam Seder LIVE STREAM Weekdays at 3 pm et!
amazing graphic & logo by nicole s.
See/hear the show at any time of the day. Get Podcasts, video, audio streams and watch show live at Breakroom LIVE! Very cool! Also available weekday MIDNIGHTS at Ohio Majority Radio
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ Today on Ring of Fire, in honor of Earth Day coming up next week, we’ll be taking a look back at some of the biggest environmental issues we’ve covered in recent months, including a discussion on some of the biggest environmental issues facing President Obama, and what needs to be done to help curtail global warming.
• Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and author Thomas Friedman will be here to talk about how the future of the planet is dependent on bipartisan support of a switch to greener technologies, and how America must work with other countries to prevent irreversible damage to our planet.
• NRDC attorneys will be here to talk about the recent legal victory over Duke Energy in North Carolina, who was trying desperately to make their new coal plants exempt from environmental regulations
• And we’ll take a look at how green collar environmental jobs can not only reduce our dependence on foreign oil, but also help pull our country out of this recession that the GOP has put us in.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Dave Marsh on XM 167 Listen to podcasts of Dave Marsh LIVE! @ xmfan.com via E STREET RADIO.
As reported by ghettodefender Sun, 02/08/2009 - 5:28pm.
wiki: Dave Marsh (born March 1, 1950, Detroit, Michigan) is an American music critic who briefly attended Wayne State University, became a co-founder of Creem magazine, wrote for various publications such as Newsday, The Village Voice, and Rolling Stone, and also edited Rock and Roll Confidential, a newsletter about rock music and social issues. Marsh is also a member of the National Advisory Board of PROTECT: The National Association to Protect Children.
XM put this guy on this afternoon, and I though he was great. Not as good as Sam, but a hella of lot better than a rerun of Rachael. Mostly, he talking about Phelps and our stupid drug laws. He really wanted callers. Was easy to talk to. And never pulled a Randi. Anyway, I don't know anything about him, but so far I'm glad I'm hearing him.
- Max Keiser Radio! Podcasts and more @ Karma Banque Radio!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• This week's entry: Headlines, Headlines, Headlines - 18 April 2009. Stacy Summary: Some Oracle predictions coming true; Mexico takes first loan from new IMF money printing operation; and police state goes public in UK, where the population seems okay about it.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• From April 18, 2009 Scott Horton Interviews Scott HortonThe Other Scott Horton, international human rights lawyer, professor and contributing editor at Harper’s magazine, discusses the torture memos [.pdf] released at Obama’s behest, delays in the Spanish war crimes case against Bush administration lawyers, the Orwellian torture procedures revealed in the memos and the legal precedents for prosecuting crime-enabling lawyers. ~ The Other Scott Horton (no relation) is a New York attorney known for his work in emerging markets and international law, especially human rights law and the law of armed conflict. He is a contributing editor at Harper’s magazine and writes the blog No Comment.
• General Michael Hayden, former CIA director
• Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.
• Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!