Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media plus some good progressive radio.
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
As the Battle for Health Care "Reform" heats up, match-ups, face-offs, show-downs and a hoedown greet us this Sunday morning. This Snufagpololis has a match-up with DICK DURBIN and JON KYL, while Face the Bob gets the PAT LEAHY vs. JEFF SESSIONS face-off. Meet the David features a show-down between JOHN MCCAIN and CHUCK SHUMER while Fake Snooze has a not-so-much show-down between Blue Dog DIANE FEINSTEIN and JOHN CORNYN. Tune into State of the King where John tries to lead the hoedown with dance partners Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius, Dem Senators Debbie Stabenow & Kent Conrad and GOPher Senators Judd Gregg & Lamar Alexander. Make sure you count how many times the new GOP Talking Point Keyword 'Individual Mandate' gets used! (Read that link! -Ed.) Don't miss the Brick TeeVee alerts with an interview with John Pilger and a health care costs debate on GritTV PLUS the rebroadcast of Ring of Fire where Marc Maron and Sam Seder sit in for Mike and Bobby. Matt Taibbi's The Great American Bubble Machine @ Rolling Stone about Goldman Sachs has created quite a stir. See Max Keiser and Sam's interview with Matt below. Then read Taibbi’s Scream: Stop the political system that lets Goldman Sachs and others run roughshod over society at new deal 2.0. Plus here's an Exclusive Interview: Rolling Stone Journalist Matt Taibbi at Wall St. Cheat Sheet. The Brick TeeVee crew is relaxing as the summer heats up. They've already bought all the fixins for the MLB All-Star Game, Home Run Derby and the Legends Softball game (our favorite!). Enjoy!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»On the Death of McNamara on Democracy NOW! Former Defense Secretary Robert McNamara has died at the age of 93. McNamara was one of the key architects of the Vietnam war, which killed at least three million Vietnamese, around one million Cambodians and Laotians, and 58,000 American soldiers. We take a look at McNamara’s legacy with two pre-eminent historians: Howard Zinn and Marilyn Young. We also speak with Jonathan Schell, who covered Vietnam as a reporter in 1967 and met with McNamara in a secret Pentagon meeting. WATCH Vietnam War Architect Robert McNamara Dies at 93: A Look at His Legacy With Howard Zinn, Marilyn Young & Jonathan Schell
»Honduras' Manuel Zelaya on Democracy NOW! Talks between the ousted Honduran President Manuel Zelaya and the leaders of last week’s military coup begin today in Costa Rica. Shortly before leaving Washington DC for Costa Rica, Zelaya sat down with us for a rare U.S. television interview. He discusses how military coup forces forced him out, the upcoming talks in Costa Rica, his domestic policies in Honduras, the role of the United States and more.WATCH In Rare U.S. Broadcast, Ousted Honduran President Manuel Zelaya Discusses Coup, Costa Rica Talks, U.S. Role and More
»John Pilger FULL INTERVIEW on Democracy NOW! Award-winning investigative journalist and documentary filmmaker, John Pilger, joins us for a wide-ranging conversation on on Honduras, Iran, Gaza, the media, health care, and Obama’s wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Pilger has has written close to a dozen books and made over 50 documentaries on a range of subjects including struggles around the world for a more just and peaceful society and against Western military and economic intervention. WATCH John Pilger on Honduras, Iran, Gaza, the Corporate Media, Obama’s Wars and Resisting the American Empire
»Health Care Reform on GRITtv The cost of healthcare in this country is unsustainable. There's no way around it. Some projections estimate that healthcare costs will equal 20 percent of Gross Domestic Product in the next decade. What are the economics of healthcare reform? Is a public option the answer? And is congress willing to make the necessary changes to overhaul the system? Dean Baker of the Center for Economic and Policy Research, Reed Abelson who covers healthcare for the NYT, and Teresa Ghilarducci, director of the Schwartz Center for Economic Policy at the New School on the real cost of healthcare reform. WATCH The Real Cost of Healthcare Reform
»Marcy Winograd on GRITtv School?s out, but state programs, many that impact teenagers, have been slashed throughout the country from NY to California. 80 percent of state parks in California could be closed and an estimated one million children will be without healthcare if the governor doesn?t sign a budget. At the same time the number of homeless families is rising. It is looking like a long, hot summer. How will America?s youth spend their time? Christian DiPalermo, Executive Director of New Yorkers for Parks, Marcy Winograd, a high school teacher in South Los Angeles and a co-founder of Progressive Democrats of Los Angeles, and Community activist and attorney Kafahni Nkrumah on the impact of the financial crisis on social programs and parks in America?s cities. WATCH GRITtv: Summertime Blues: How Are We Being Affected By Service Cuts?
»INDYCAR on ABC The Honda Indy from Toronto, Canada. Coverage begins at 1 p.m. et
»MLB on TBS LA Dodgers @ Milwaukee Brewers - 2 pm et
»Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN St. Louis Cardinals @ Chicago Cubs - 8 pm et
»MLB All-Star Game Festivities! It's The Mid-Summer Classic from Busch Stadium in St Louis! Check out the Home Run Derby on Monday on ESPN at 8 pm followed by the Legends Soft-Ball Game. The 2009 All-Star game is Tuesday night at 8 pm et on FOX and ESPN Radio.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,322 Military Dead as of July 11, 2009
AFGHANISTAN: 733 Military Dead as of July 11, 2009
2,265 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• Sen. Richard Durbin, D-Ill.
• Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz.
• Roundtable: George Will, Donna Brazile, Cokie Roberts, Sam Donaldson and the Washington Post's Bob Woodward.
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt. (left)
• Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala.
- 60 Minutes (CBS) Summer Re-broadcasts
• KILL BIN LADEN - The officer who led the army’s Delta Force mission to kill Osama bin Laden after 9/11 reveals what really happened in Tora Bora, Afghanistan, when the al-Qaeda leader narrowly escaped. Scott Pelley reports. Shawn Efran is the producer.
• EYEWITNESS - Lesley Stahl reports on flaws in eyewitness testimony that are at the heart of the DNA exonerations of falsely convicted people like Ronald Cotton, who has forgiven his accuser, Jennifer Thompson. Shari Finkelstein is the producer. THIS IS A DOUBLE-LENGTH SEGMENT.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• SEN. JOHN McCAIN (R-AZ)
• SEN. CHUCK SCHUMER (D-NY)
• ROUNDTABLE: Republican Strategist and former adviser to Pres. George W. Bush, KAREN HUGHES; Democratic Strategist, BOB SHRUM; NBC News' Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent, ANDREA MITCHELL; and Politico's Chief Political Columnist, ROGER SIMON.
• ****New MSNBC re-air time: Starting this week, Meet the Press will re-air on MSNBC at 2 p.m. ET Sunday afternoons, in place of our 5 p.m. re-air. We will continue to re-air at 2 a.m. ET and 5 a.m. ET (Monday morning) as well.****
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius
• Debbie Stabenow, D-Michigan
• Judd Gregg, R-Hew Hampshire
• Lamar Alexander, R-Tennessee
• Kent Conrad, D-North Dakota
• Hour 2 - Howard Kurtz & "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union".
• more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- BREAKROOM LIVE
Marc Maron and Sam Seder LIVE STREAM Weekdays at 3 pm et!
amazing graphic & logo by nicole s.
See/hear the show at any time of the day. Get Podcasts, video, audio streams and watch show live at Breakroom LIVE! Very cool! Also available weekday MIDNIGHTS at Ohio Majority Radio. SAM AND MARC ON RING OF FIRE THIS WEEK! See below! Watch Sam's interview with Matt Taibbi HERE
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• This week on Ring of Fire, Sam Seder and Marc Maron from Air America’s Break Room Live will be taking over the studio while Bobby and Mike are out of town.
• Author and health journalist Maggie Mahar about the ongoing battle over healthcare reform, and how the big money interests of the insurance industry keep trumping the healthcare needs of US citizens.
• We’ll talk with author Ryan Grim about the failures of the so-called war on drugs which he details in his new book “This Is Your Country on Drugs: The Secret History of Getting High in America.”
• We’ve also got congressman Earl Blumenauer with us today to talk about the recently passed Clean Energy and Security Act, and we’ll find out if this piece of legislation does enough to protect our environment.
• And we’ll be talking with Phil Angelides, Chairman of the Apollo Alliance, who’ll tell us what exactly a green economy would consist of, and what we can do to help make it a reality.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• Goldman Rules: Fed issues threat to destabilize markets if Congress gets oversight. Stacy Summary: Huge tip of the hat to Mike2liverpool for this!!! Seems the Fed has learned a valuable lesson from Paulson . . . your thoughts!? READ: Fed warns oversight will destabilise markets and threaten future generations @ Financial Times.
• WATCH [Video] Bloomberg on Goldman’s market manipulation code
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• From June 29th, 2009 Scott Horton Interviews Gareth Porter (mp3) Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for Inter Press Service, discusses his 5-part series (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) examining the 1996 Khobar Towers bombing, the near certainty al-Qaeda and not Iran was responsible for the bombing, the existence of an Iran-backed Saudi Arabia Hezbollah, former FBI Director Louis Freeh’s overly cozy relationship with Saudi Prince Bandar and Bill Clinton’s disastrous foreign policy that helped instigate 9-11. Gareth Porter is an independent historian and journalist. His articles appear on the Huffington Post, Inter Press Service News Agency and on Antiwar.com.
• Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.
• Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas
• House Minority Whip Rep. Eric Cantor, R-Va.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!