Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media plus some good progressive radio.
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
For this Independence Day weekend the big interview will be VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN on This Snufagopolis, followed by a sour-faced CHUCK GRASSLEY, who double dips on Face the Bob. It wouldn't be an Independence Day without some military brass, so Admiral MIKE MULLEN gets the call on Face the Bob and Faux News and General COLIN POWELL (ret.) flag-waves on State of the King. Throw bricks at JOHN "Crybaby" BOEHNER, also on Faux News, who most recently tried to read the entire "cap-n-trade" bill on the floor of the house, calling it a "Pile of Shit" (video at HuffPo to prove it - Where's the outrage???). Be sure to check our alerts and donate to GRITtv with Laura Flanders before Midnight tonight! See SAM SEDER on Laura's Rountable! Jessie Ventura and Bernie Sanders are featured on a "best of" Ring of Fire Radio, Max Keiser talks with PAUL CRAIG ROBERTS (see The U.S. Regime-Change Recipe for Iran at counterpunch) and AntiWarRadio has an interview with MICHAEL SCHEUER you must listen to closely. We hope your holiday weekend has been fun and safe so far. Please check out Mountaintop Independence Day. As Laura Flanders sez, Celebrate Independent Media this Independence Day!!!
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!
GRIT TV Fundraiser!
GRITtv has a matching grant to meet by Midnight Sunday, July 5. If we can raise $5,000, GRITtv will be able to claim a matching grant of $75,000. That will keep GRITtv keeping-on through the summer. In response to our pitch -- 112 viewers have contributed $3,900 since Wednesday! The is post has been picked up and reposted by the generous Jane Hamsher and others.Contributions for GRITtv are coming in every hour. I'll give you a full tally on Monday. Meanwhile, would you pass on the word: it's easy to give fast, safely, online or to send a check, made out to GRITtv to GRITtv, 641 6th Avenue, 4th Floor, NY, NY 10011. Donate ON-LINE HERE NOW!!! Sez Laura, "Celebrate Independent Media this Independence Day. With my appreciation and THANKS to you!!! -Laura"
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»Jeremy Scahill on Democracy NOW! In Iraq, a deadly car bomb in the northern city of Kirkuk has killed up to forty people and injured another 100. Tuesday’s bombing came hours after US troops withdrew from major Iraqi towns and cities, marring celebrations on a day that is now officially declared as “National Sovereignty Day,” a public holiday. We go to Iraq to speak with Sahar Issa, an Iraqi reporter working with the Baghdad Bureau of McClatchy Newspapers. We also speak with investigative journalist Jeremy Scahill about his article, “Iraq’s ‘National Sovereignty Day’ is US-Style Hallmark Hype.” WATCH How Can We Have Sovereignty When We Don’t Have Electricity or Water to Bathe? Iraqi Reporter on US Troop Pullback
»Honduras Military Coup leaders are SOA Grads on Democracy NOW! Romeo Vasquez, a general who led the military coup in Honduras against President Manuel Zelaya, received training at the US School of the Americas. The SOA has trained more than 60,000 soldiers, many of whom have returned home and committed human rights abuses, torture, extrajudicial execution and massacres. According to School of the Americas Watch, Vasquez attended the SOA in 1976 and 1984. The head of the Air Force, Gen. Luis Javier Prince Suazo, also studied there in 1996. We speak with Father Roy Bourgeois, founder of the School of the Americas Watch. WATCH Generals Who Led Honduras Military Coup Trained at the School of the Americas
»John Pilger on Democracy NOW! We play an excerpt of an extended interview with Australian investigative journalist, John Pilger. Speaking about the US healthcare system, Pilger says, “What is it about US legislators that they appear to be so in bed with such powerful interests, such as the insurance companies, that they can’t represent their own people’s needs, their own people’s basic human rights.” WATCH John Pilger Calls UK National Health Service a Treasure, Blasts US Lawmakers for Being “in Bed with Powerful Interests” and Neglecting “Their Own People’s Basic Human Rights”
»GRITtv Media Round Table In world events this week: popular unrest in Iran grew, the Honduran President was the victim of a military coup and US troops withdrew from Iraqi cities. On the news this week: obituary-porn following Michael Jackson's death and the Sanford affair gabfest. Did media coverage hit a new low point this week? We'll talk about that and the arrival of Senator Al Franken. Beneath the spin and beyond the hype, we welcome to our GRITtv Media Round Table: Bob Moser, Editor of the Texas Observer and author of Blue Dixie: Awakening the South's Democratic Majority, Jill Nelson, Author, Let's Get It On: A Novel and finally, Sam Seder, Host of Breakroom Live. And more! WATCH Obituary Porn: New Media Low? “Sex is Not Static, It’s Fluid,” F Word: Senators Reflect, and Animal Rights Activities=Terrorists?
»WIMBLEDON on NBC Andy Roddick will face off against Roger Federer in the Men's Finals at Centre Court. Coverage begins at 9 am
»MLB on TBS 2009 All-Star Game Selection Show! - 1 pm et
»Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN Tampa Bay @ Texas - 8 pm et
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,321 Military Dead as of July 3, 2009
AFGHANISTAN: 719 Military Dead as of July 3, 2009
2,258 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• Vice President Joe Biden
• Republican Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa.
• Roundtable: George Will, Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Cynthia Tucker, the Washington Times' Tony Blankley, Vanity Fair's Todd Purdum, and former Bush-Cheney strategist and ABC News contributor Matthew Dowd
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs Of Staff
• Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa
• Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y.
- 60 Minutes (CBS) Summer Re-broadcasts
• SAVING FLIGHT 1549 - Hero pilot Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger and his flight crew together reveal for the first time the sights, sounds and physical sensations they experienced as they pulled off an incredible water landing last month, saving the lives of all 155 people aboard US Airways Flight 1549. Katie Couric reports. Michael Radutzky, Tanya Simon and Lori Beecher are the producers. THIS IS A EXTRA-LENGTH STORY
• BON JOVI - Jon Bon Jovi and his band are still filling arenas and producing hit albums 26 years after breaking out of the local New Jersey music scene. Steve Kroft reports. John Hamlin is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• Meet the Press will not air Sunday, July 5 due to NBC's coverage of the Wimbledon tennis finals. We will return at our regular time on July 12.
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• former Secretary of State Colin Powell
• Her Majesty Queen Noor
• Hour 2 - Howard Kurtz & "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union".
• more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- BREAKROOM LIVE
Mark Maron and Sam Seder LIVE STREAM Weekdays at 3 pm et!
amazing graphic & logo by nicole s.
See/hear the show at any time of the day. Get Podcasts, video, audio streams and watch show live at Breakroom LIVE! Very cool! Also available weekday MIDNIGHTS at Ohio Majority Radio Check out SEDER on RING OF FIRE BELOW!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• Former Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura will be here to give us his thoughts on the Bush administration, including how he thinks we need to be handling the former officials that are responsible for allowing torture.
• GQ correspondent Robert Draper will be joining us to tell us why history won’t be as kind to former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld as the former administration official would like to believe.
• Senator Bernie Sanders will be with us today to talk about his efforts to pass legislation that would create a better healthcare system in America, and provide coverage for the millions of Americans who are currently lacking any form of health insurance.
• We’ve also got Representative Carolyn Maloney who’ll give us the facts about the recently passed Credit Card Holders’ Bill of Rights, which will prevent credit card companies from ripping off consumers, and help keep countless of Americans from going into bankruptcy.
• And author Geoffrey Nunberg will be here to tell us how the GOP’s grip on the electorate has diminished as their ability to manipulate voters with their language has also declined.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• At BLIPtv... On the Edge with Max Keiser - 03 July 2009. Max interviews Dr. Paul Craig Roberts, former U.S. Assistant Secretary of the Treasury
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• From July 3, 2009 Scott Horton Interviews Michael Scheuer (mp3) Michael Scheuer, former chief of the CIA’s bin Laden unit and author of Marching Toward Hell: America and Islam After Iraq, discusses the government’s reliance on CIA covert action instead of conventional military force to protect the U.S., how the Congress and President fail to take meaningful action because they seek the adulation of the media and Europe, the wisdom in leaving Afghanistan ASAP and how Americans won’t realize their government isn’t protecting them until Osama bin Laden attacks again. LISTEN CLOSELY at about 0:14 in. Michael Scheuer is a 22-year veteran of the CIA and the author of Through Our Enemies Eyes: Osama bin Laden, Radical Islam, and the Future of America, Marching Toward Hell: America and Islam After Iraq and Imperial Hubris: Why the West Is Losing the War on Terror.
• Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
• Rep. Steny Hoyer, D-Maryland, House majority leader
• Rep. John Boehner, R-Ohio, House Minority Leader
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!