Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best progressive media!
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Our focus this week was going to be on Astroturf® organizations (created out of whole cloth with funding from prominent corporate elite structures in pharma, oil, energy and more) who are trying boldly to disrupt policy debates on a host of issues, but it was not easy to sift through the vast maze of lobbyists and websites. Corporomedia via Reuters actually got ONE story out there The summer of Astroturf which tells us, "The Public Relations Society of America equates it with the use of "front groups," which the above organizations accuse one another of being. (The trade organization eschews the more popular term "because Astroturf is a registered trademark.") The society, noted its Chairman and CEO Michael Cherenson, bans the practice - to no evident effect." Please comment and provide links to these so-called "Astroturf®" organizations for a future Brick TeeVee Special. Meanwhile the WH & Pentagon send the HumVee out with Joint Chiefs Admiral MIKE MULLEN and U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan and former Lieutenant (3-star) General KARL EIKENBERRY to Meet the David and State of the King to prop up the Afghanistan "surge", a war now in its 8th year with no strategy (other than protecting oil/gas pipelines aka PIPELINEISTAN). DOCTOR HOWARD DEAN goes to Face The Bob to take on Big Pharma Stooge CHUCK GRASSLEY and Blue Dog Apologist KENT CONRAD. Fake News Sunday tries to look "bi-partisan" with New Dem ARLEN SPECTRE. Throw bricks at JOE LIEBERMAN and DICK LUGAR on State of the King. Or throw bricks at dinosaur JOHN "Crazy Train" MCCAIN on This Snufagopolis. Your choice! Give a great big "welcome back" to GEORGE WILL on ABC's Roundtable where The KrugMan and ROBERT RIECH rib Will on his "extended" vacation (not unlike teabaggers' favorite targets those damned Public School Union Teachers getting all summer off!) Of course there's plenty of SUBSTANCE in the BTV Alerts and our regulars at AntiWar and Max Keiser. Seems the staff at Ring of Fire are on vacation so no new guest list this week so just tune in to the rebroadcast. The Brick TeeVee crew's garden is experiening a bumper crop of zucchini and huge loaves of tasty zucchini bread with our www.JustCoffee.coop "The Progressive Century Blend" morning brew! Yummy! Our late growing season is finallly letting cukes and tomatoes get going (despite raids by local deer and other critters) and some of our hot pepper plants have yielded nice peppers, so the BTV Salsa is still on! Hope your garden is productive this year, too!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» 'Astroturfers from Big Oil @ Democracy NOW! WATCH "Astroturf Activism": Leaked Memo Reveals Oil Industry Effort to Stage Rallies Against Climate Legislation
»»» Jeremy Scahill on Blackwater @ Democracy NOW! WATCH CIA Hired Private Military Firm Blackwater for Secret Assassination Program
»»» 'Best of...' on GRITtv WATCH What EFCA is Up Against, Angel Warner on Rite Aid Workers’ Fight for Unionization, and Greg Grandin’s Fordlandia
»»» IndyCar Racing on VERSUS PEAK Antifreeze & Motor Oil 2009 Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma. Coverage begins at 5pm et
»»» MLB on TBS AL Wildcard fun! Texas Rangers @ Tampa Bay Rays - 1:30 pm et
»»» Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN NY Yankees at Boston Red Sox - 8 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!
STOP MANDATORY VACCINATIONS FOR H1N1 Natural Solutions Foundation www.GlobalHealthFreedom.org What You Can Do to Prevent Forced Mandatory Swine Flu Vaccinations. Demand Your Right to Self-Shield! Add your comments in too! Protection From Compulsory Vaccination, Drugging - Your Right to Self-Shield! SIGN NOW!
MORE INFO HERE: Ban Factory Farms & Stop Forced Vaccinations Despite years of warnings by public interest organizations such as the Organic Consumers Association and the Humane Society of the U.S., earlier this year, drugged-out pigs and chickens on intensive confinement factory farms have incubated a highly infectious H1N1 virus that set off a global pandemic. ~ It is important to know that you can avoid quasi-forced vaccinations of yourself and your children. Plus, there are homeopathic alternatives for treating and building a natural immunity to the swine flu.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,333 Military Dead as of Aug 22, 2009
AFGHANISTAN: 795 Military Dead as of Aug 22, 2009
2,307 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC) Special "Grand Canyon" Edition of 'This Week'
• Senator John McCain
• ROUNDTABLE: Beltway Village Idiot and Curmudgeon George Will returns, with former George W. Bush speechwriter David Frum, Nobel prize winner Paul Krugman and former Labor Secretary Robert Reich.
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, Ranking Republican on the Finance Committee
• Sen. Kent Conrad, D-N.D., Finance Committee
• Dr. Howard Dean, Former DNC Chairman
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Don Hewitt 60 Minutes will devote its entire hour this week to the news magazine's creator and former executive producer, Don Hewitt, who passed away Wednesday at the age of 86.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• Admiral MIKE MULLEN, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
• KARL EIKENBERRY, U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan
• SEN. ORRIN HATCH (R-UT)
• SEN. CHARLES SCHUMER (D-NY)
• ROUNDTABLE: PBS's TAVIS SMILEY and MSNBC's JOE SCARBOROUGH.
• ****New MSNBC re-air time: Meet the Press will re-air on MSNBC at 2 p.m. ET Sunday afternoons, in place of our 5 p.m. re-air. We will continue to re-air at 2 a.m. ET and 5 a.m. ET (Monday morning) as well.****
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
• Lt. Gen. Karl Eikenberry (Ret.), the U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan
• Sen. Richard Lugar, R-Indiana
• Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Connecticut
• Sen. Benjamin Cardin, D-Maryland
• "Sound of Sunday" at 11 AM ET, two top strategists, Donna Brazile and Bill Bennett, analyze the news made on all the Sunday morning news shows.
• Hour 2 - Howard Kurtz & "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union".
• more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- BREAKROOM LIVE
Marc Maron and Sam Seder LIVE STREAM Weekdays at 3 pm et!
amazing graphic & logo by nicole s.
ON HAITUS - Watch this space for more info! For up-to-the-minute updates go to samsedershow.com.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
(NOTE: Ring of Fire Home page was not updated this week! Visit Ring of Fire Station List to catch the Sunday rebroadcast! -Ed.)
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly News August 22nd. Because the traditional corporate media does such a poor job of keeping you informed about stories that are actually important to you, we start off each week by brining you our Ring of Fire buried stories - stories that you aren't going to hear about if you're still relying on traditional media sources. Joining Mike Papantonio this week to run through our buried stories is our good friend, David Bender.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• Bernanke saved the world from disaster!!! Stacy Summary: Nah, no summary needed. The picture tells the thousand words here: CENTRAL BANKERS SAVED THE WORLD @ MarketWatch
• [OTE15] On the Edge with Max Keiser – 21 August 2009 THREE new VIDEOS Interview with Alex Jones!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Petra Bartosiewicz (mp3) 28:01 Aug 21 2009. Freelance journalist Petra Bartosiewicz discusses her MotherJones article "A Thousand Little Gitmos,” the low barrier of material support to terrorism charges, secret evidence used by government prosecutors and FBI sting operations that create crimes out of thin air.
• Jim Towey, former director of White House Faith Based Initiatives.
• Sen. Arlen Specter, D-Pa.
• Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wisc.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!