Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best progressive media!
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
AS the Congressional Recess gets into full swing with "birthers", "deathers" and various right-wing astroturfers shouting and yelling at town hall meetings across the country, in comes Whole Foods CEO John Mackey with a WSJ op-ed full of the same right-wing talking points (lies, mostly) the astroturfers spew. Ellis Weiner breaks the whole thing down point-by-point in HuffPo Half-Assed From Whole Foods: "In other words, just as patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel, so "a careful reading of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution" is the last, and sometimes first, refuge of the wing-nut. These people must be told, over and over (although they already know it; it's not as though they're arguing in good faith) that we can have the kind of society we choose to have." So get yer bricks ready for Astroturfer Supreme DICK ARMEY on Meet the David as NBC News tries to fill the gap with this "health care special". Will David confront all the disinformation spread by FreedomWorks? Look for RACHEL MADDOW and CHARLIE "Where's my General?" RANGEL too. This Snufagoplois goes with SEBELIUS, SPECTOR and HATCH while GEORGE WILL is still MIA from the roundtable. Face the Bob features ROBERT GIBBS from the WH and two former somethingorothers. SEBELIUS gets the WH Limo to take her to State of the King, joining a cast of shouting thousands, plus that loveable political odd couple of MATALIN and CARVILLE. Fake News Sunday sez: "We'll get 'just the facts' when we're joined by" Sen. KENT CONRAD AND RICHARD SHELBY (I swear that's what it said on the FNS website!). Ring of Fire has Bobby and Mike back with guests MATT TAIBBI and DAVID NIEWART while AntiWar Radio has a great interview with CHRIS FLOYD. Max Keiser gets in his digs on France 24 and there's more good stuff in the Brick TeeVee alerts, too. The Brick TeeVee Crew is saddened by the news of guitar innovator LES PAUL passing away. Rest in Peace, Les. Our condolences go out to the Les Paul family.
**** **** **** ****
June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009
**** **** **** ****
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» Ralph Nader on Health Care @ Democracy NOW! WATCH “You Do Not Cut Deals with the System that Has to Be Replaced”: Ralph Nader on Secret White House Agreements with the Drug Industry
»»» Jeff Sharlet on “The Family" @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Jeff Sharlet on “The Family: The Secret Fundamentalism at the Heart of American Power”
»»» Scott Horton of Harper's on GRITtv WATCH Will Holder Prosecute Architects of Torture?
»»» Janine Jackson of FAIR on GRITtv WATCH The Independent Media Revolution
»»» WAYNE MADSEN on TVNEWSLIES RADIO IN CASE YOU MISSED IT Jesse Richard interviews Wayne Madsen. Listen at MONKS MEDIA mp3 download HERE
»»» NASCAR on ESPN It's back to wide flat ovals for the Left Turn League for the CarFax 400 at Michigan International Speedway. Coverage begins at 1 pm et
»»» MLB on TBS Red Sox @ Rangers - 2 pm et
»»» Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN Phillies at Braves - 8 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!
STOP MANDATORY VACCINATIONS FOR H1N1 Natural Solutions Foundation www.GlobalHealthFreedom.org What You Can Do to Prevent Forced Mandatory Swine Flu Vaccinations. Demand Your Right to Self-Shield! Add your comments in too! Protection From Compulsory Vaccination, Drugging - Your Right to Self-Shield! SIGN NOW! MORE INFO HERE: Diseased African Monkeys Used to Make Swine Flu Vaccines; Private Military Contractor Holds Key Patents
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,331 Military Dead as of Aug 15, 2009
AFGHANISTAN: 782 Military Dead as of Aug 15, 2009
2,300 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• HHS Sec. Kathleen Sebelius
• Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.)
• Orrin Hatch (R-Utah).
• ROUNDTABLE: d Gillespie, former White House Counselor to President Bush, Democratic strategist and ABC contributor Donna Brazile, Ron Brownstein of the National Journal and the Washington Post’s Anne Kornblut. NO GEORGE WILL!!!
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• Robert Gibbs, White House Press Secretary
• Former Sen. Chuck Hagel
• Former Rep. Lee Hamilton
• Douglas Brinkley, presidential historian
- 60 Minutes (CBS) More summer repeats
• America's New Air Force Increasingly, the U.S. military is relying on un-manned, often armed aircraft to track and destroy the enemy - sometimes controlled from bases thousands of miles away from the battlefront. Lara Logan reports.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Special Edition: Making sense of health care
• Fmr. Rep. DICK ARMEY (R-TX) House Majority Leader 1995-2003, Chairman, FreedomWorks
• Sen. TOM COBURN, M.D. (R-OK) Member, Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions
• Fmr. Sen. TOM DASCHLE (D-SD) Senate Majority Leader 2001-2003, Author, "Critical: What We Can Do About the Health-Care Crisis"
• RACHEL MADDOW, Host of MSNBC's The Rachel Maddow Show
• Rep. CHARLIE RANGEL (D-NY)
• BRUCE JOSTEN, Executive Vice President of the Chamber of Commerce
• Gov. BILL RITTER (D-CO)
• NO ROUNDTABLE!
• ****New MSNBC re-air time: Meet the Press will re-air on MSNBC at 2 p.m. ET Sunday afternoons, in place of our 5 p.m. re-air. We will continue to re-air at 2 a.m. ET and 5 a.m. ET (Monday morning) as well.****
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius
• Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyoming
• Rep. Tom Price, R-Georgia
• Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson, D-Texas
• James Carville and Mary Matalin
• Hour 2 - Howard Kurtz & "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union".
• more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- BREAKROOM LIVE
Marc Maron and Sam Seder LIVE STREAM Weekdays at 3 pm et!
amazing graphic & logo by nicole s.
ON HAITUS - Watch this space for more info! For up-to-the-minute updates go to samsedershow.com.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• Rolling Stone reporter Matt Taibbi will be joining us to talk about the financial industry's takeover of the federal government, which all started when they given billions of dollars of the taxpayer's money to stay solvent.
• We will also have the Publisher of the Independent Weekly and contributor to The Daily Beast, Rick Outzen, about the murders of Byrd and Melanie Billings and why traditional media hasn't been able to report the "real story".
• We'll be taking a look at what labor unions are doing to fight Wall Street corruption and greed with Richard Trumka, the secretary treasurer of the AFL-CIO.
• We'll also be diving head first into the big pool of Republican hate talk with author David Niewert to find out why the GOP is getting angrier and more violent with each passing day.
• And our good friend and comedian Matt Filipowicz will be joining us later on to give us the lighter side of the news.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• [Video] FRANCE 24 13 August 2009 -LINK to You Tube Max Keiser Debating French & German GDP numbers
• [OTE14] On the Edge with Max Keiser – The Fed, front running, ponzi THREE VIDEOS! Stacy Summary: Guest is Tyler Durden of ZeroHedge! We talk the Fed, ponzi schemes, front running and high frequency trading.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Chris Floyd (mp3) 37:35 Aug 13 2009. Chris Floyd, author of Empire Burlesque – High Crimes and Low Comedy in the Bush Imperium, discusses U.S. drug interdiction in Afghanistan that is more about playing favorites than eradication, how Obama is following the game plan of the worst president in recent history, the background behind Somalia’s humanitarian disaster and the U.S. gift of 80 tons of weapons to Somalia’s black market.
• Sen. Kent Conrad, D-N.D.
• Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Ala.
• J. James Rohack, M.D., president of the American Medical Association
• John Rother, AARP executive vice president for policy and strategy
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!