Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best progressive media!
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
This Sunday morning our talking heads will dissect Obama's Address to the Joint Session of Congress and a rapt national audience. Carrying over from August GOP Lawmakers Treat President Obama’s Joint Address To Congress Like A Town Hall Protest with Rep. Joe Wilson (R-SC-2) shouting out "YOU LIE!" during one segment. Throw some bricks at Rep. Wilson on Sunday's FAKE NEWS and maybe drop some sofa change to his Democratic challenger former Marine and Iraq Veteran Rob Miller. Also on FAKE NEWS it's Blue Dogs MCKASKILL & CONRAD up against Hard-liners GRAHAM & HATCH. Meanwhile the WH Limo service revs up with HHS KATHLEEN SEBELIUS on This George, Advisor DAVID AXELROD on Face the Bob and Press Guy BOB GIBBS on State of the King. More Blue Dogs MARY LANDRIEU & JAY ROCKEFELLER back up Sebelius on This George. Gibbs gets backup from Blue Dogs JEAN SHAHEEN and DIANE FEINSTEIN on State of the John. Meet the David lines up DICK DURBIN and DR. HOWARD DEAN to face off against JOHN CORNYN and NEWT "Contract ON America" GINGRICH. To escape the Attack of the Blue Dogs, get Ring of Fire Radio with Senator SHELDON WHITEHOUSE. Also catch Consortium News's ROBERT PARRY on AntiWar Radio and MAX KEISER on Russia Today TV interview plus the weekly BTV Alerts. The Brick TeeVee crew has been winding down the garden after a bumper crop of zucchini and late cukes. Our few tomatoes are just now reddening and the butternut squash are starting to come into their own. We hope to have our first batch of BTV Salsa this week and have several recipes to try (tomato donations from the neighborhood are helping). We expect it to be very hot! Here's to an extended Indian Summer as we get ready for spinach and lettuce Round Two. Enjoy your Sunday!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» Raul Grijalva (D-AZ) @ Democracy NOW! WATCH “A Robust Public Option Is Essential”–Progressive Caucus Co-Chair Rep. Grijalva Draws a Line in the Sand on Healthcare Reform
»»» Charles Idelson of the California Nurses Association/National Nurses Organizing Committee @ Democracy NOW! WATCH “California’s Real Death Panels”–Data Reveals California’s Private Insurers Deny 21% of Claims
»»» Bob Fertik, President of Democrats.com and Robert Weissman, President of Public Citizen on GRITtv WATCH Are Public Option Advocates Folding?
»»» Weekly Roundtable on GRITtv WATCH Media Panel: Van Jones’ Resignation, Obama’s Healthcare Speech and More Foreclosures
»»» NFL Week 1 Check your local listings
»»» NASCAR on ABC ERRATA: We mistakenly said The Chase began last week but it will officially start next week at Loudon for the Sylvania 300 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Saturday nights's Chevy Rock-n-Roll 400 in Richmand is the last chance for drivers to make the top 12 Chase spots - Coverage begins 7 pm et. No. 5 Mark Martin is on the pole.
»»» MLB on TBS NL West battle! Dodgers @ Giants - 4 pm et
»»» Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN BUMPED to afternoon for NFL! Mets @ Phillies - 1 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!
STOP MANDATORY VACCINATIONS FOR H1N1 Natural Solutions Foundation www.GlobalHealthFreedom.org What You Can Do to Prevent Forced Mandatory Swine Flu Vaccinations. Demand Your Right to Self-Shield! Add your comments in too! Protection From Compulsory Vaccination, Drugging - Your Right to Self-Shield! SIGN NOW!
MORE INFO HERE: “It’s The Vaccines Stupid!”
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,343 Military Dead as of Sept 10, 2009
AFGHANISTAN: 825 Military Dead as of Sept 10, 2009
We have recovered the data for military fatalities for both the Iraq (OIF) and Afghanistan (OEF) sites. We still have a ways to go until both sites return to full functionality, but with a little luck everything should be back to normal soon. I want to personally thank all of you who have donated and encourage others who find this site beneficial to make a modest contribution to iCasualties to help defray the cost of necessary server upgrades and daily operations. I also owe a special thanks to Mr. Ellis and Mr. Stasz for their assistance in collecting data. - Michael White, iCasualties.org DONATE NOW VIA PAYPAL
2,321 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, two Democratic Senators who disagree on key elements of health care reform, and , and Republican
• Mary Landrieu D - Louisiana
• Jay Rockefeller D - West Virginia
• Governor Tim Pawlenty R - MN
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Cokie Roberts, Sam Donaldson and New York Times columnist David Brooks
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• David Axelrod, White House Adviser
• Sen. Olympia Snowe, R-Maine (at left)
• Roger Simon, Politico
• Kathleen Parker, Syndicated Columnist
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• President Obama Steve Kroft interviews the president at an important time in his presidency.
• Big Teddy His son, Ted Kennedy, Jr., and the editor/publisher he collaborated closely with on his memoir, Jonathan Karp, reflect on the life and legacy of the late Sen. Ted Kennedy. Lesley Stahl reports.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• Assistant Majority Leader Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL)
• Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX)
• Fmr. DNC Chairman Dr. Howard Dean
• Fmr. House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA)
• ROUNDTABLE: CNBC's Erin Burnett; author Joshua Cooper Ramo; and NBC's Chuck Todd
• ****New MSNBC re-air time: Meet the Press will re-air on MSNBC at 2 p.m. ET Sunday afternoons, in place of our 5 p.m. re-air. We will continue to re-air at 2 a.m. ET and 5 a.m. ET (Monday morning) as well.****
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs
• Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine
• Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, D-New Hampshire
• Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-California
• Minority Whip Rep. Eric Cantor gets the Last Word
• Hour 2 - Howard Kurtz & "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union" - not really.
• soundbites from all the other shows that we can blow up REAL BIG with our guests and more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- BREAKROOM LIVE
Marc Maron and Sam Seder LIVE STREAM Weekdays at 3 pm et!
amazing graphic & logo by nicole s.
OVER - Watch this space for more info! For up-to-the-minute updates go to samsedershow.com.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• Today on Ring of Fire, Senator Sheldon Whitehouse will be joining us to talk about the recent report detailing some of the CIA’s interrogation methods, and we’ll find out whether or not Congress is going to be investigating these abuses, or if the Bush Administration will once again be given a free pass for their crimes.
• We’ll also be talking with author Sam Tanenhaus about the death of the conservative movement, which contrary to what most people believe, started decades before George W Bush was appointed president.
• Our good friend David Bender will be joining us once again to talk about some of the most important stories that the traditional media missed this past week.
• Dara Alexander, president of the Florida chapter of the ALS association will be joining us to talk about the growing number of ALS cases in the United States, and we’ll find out why after more than 100 years, there is still very little known about what causes this debilitating disease.
• And comedian Matthew Filipowicz will give us the lighter side of the news, and provide us with his own humorous take on the mental breakdown of the GOP.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• Max Keiser interviewed on Russia TodayStacy Summary: Thanks @DanII for sending me the link. US dollar, US empire, and more. Let me watch it now!
• [OTE18] On the Edge with Max and Stacy September 12th, 2009
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Robert Parry (mp3) 63:13 Sept 12 2009. Robert Parry, founder of ConsortiumNews.com, discusses Ronald Reagan’s lip service to torture prohibition and support for atrocities in Central America, the hypocritical critiques of “moral relativism” by amoral neocons, the inheritance of an entire generation of government-worshiping journalists, Islamic fundamentalist blowback from Reagan administration attempts to weaken the USSR and the quid-pro-quo deal that enabled Pakistan to develop nuclear weapons.
• Scott Horton interviews Anthony Gregory (mp3) 23:15 Sept 12 2009. Anthony Gregory, research analyst at the Independent Institute, discusses the numerous liberties lost in the new millennium, the U.S.-resident Muslims held on “material witness” grounds after 9/11, Patriot Act and FISA amendment increases to government power and how Congressional authorization for the use of force is worse than a declaration of war.
• Sen. Kent Conrad, D-N.D.
• Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah
• Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo.
• Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.
• Rep. Joe Wilson, R-S.C.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!