Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best progressive media!
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Joining the ranks of "peace" luminaries such as Henry Kissinger (1973), Yasser Arafat (1994) and Frederik Willem de Klerk (1993) President Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize for "hope for a better future." Robert Reich calls it "the booby" prize for not being W. Gilbert: "I'll be mighty upset if Obama wins the AL Cy Young award over Hernandez and Grienke." Hahahaha! Glenn Greenwald nails it in Obama's Nobel Peace Prize: "But far more important than the lack of actual accomplishments are some of the policies over which Obama has presided that are the very opposite of peace. Already this year, he not only escalated the American war in Afghanistan, but has ordered air raids...Beyond Afghanistan, Obama continues to preside over another war -- in Iraq: remember that? -- where no meaningful withdrawal has occurred. He uttered not a peep of opposition to the Israeli massacre of Gazan civilians at the beginning of this year (using American weapons)...He's worked tirelessly to protect his country not only from accountability -- but also transparency -- for the last eight years of war crimes, almost certainly violating America's treaty obligations in the process. And he is currently presiding over an expansion of the legal black hole at Bagram while aggressively demanding the right to abduct people from around the world, ship them there, and then imprison them indefinitely with no rights of any kind." Those would be called international illegal renditions. Let's not forget Gitmo, too, where "detainees" are being held without any habeus corpus rights. UPDATE II: On Democracy Now, Naomi Klein calls Obama's award "disappointing, cheapening of the Nobel Prize," and adds: "I think it’s quite insulting. I don’t know what kind of political game they’re playing, but I don’t think that the committee has ever been as political as this or as delusional as this, frankly." Meanwhile the Beltway Press presses on as only it can this Sunday where the focus is coincidentally the WAR in Afghanistan. Start your morning throwing bricks at Obstructionist-First-Class MITCH MCCONNELL on Face the Bob. Save some bricks for DIFI & SAXBY CHAMBLISS on This Snufagopolis. Meet the David goes military with GEN. BARRY MCCAFFREY (RET.) & GEN. RICHARD MYERS (RET.) perhaps part of the Pentagon’s Hidden Hand? State of the King sits down with JOHN "Crazy Train" MCCAIN where he echos GOP talking points and tries to distance himself from the teabaggers and birthers. Our BTV Alert section is chockablock with more real news stories. AntiWar Radio has two good interviews about Afghanistan and the U.S. Military, Ring of Fire has Rolling Stone's TIM DICKINSON and Rep BARNEY FRANK and our Peter B. Collins segment features Economist RAVI BATRA with BTV correspondent BillORightsMan with a phone-in question! Of course MAX KEISER is good, too, with a long interview with JIM WILLIE CB discussing Systemic Failure Approaches among other things economic. The Brick TeeVee Crew has been glued to the MLB Playoffs, watching former Tribe stars do well for their new clubs. The Dodgers moved to the NL LCS Saturday by sweeping the Cards and the Rockies-Phillies Game 3 in Denver was delayed by BAD WEATHER (imagine that!). Enjoy your Sunday!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» Senator Bernie Sanders @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Sen. Bernie Sanders on ACORN, Healthcare and Afghanistan
»»» Robert Greenwald @ Democracy NOW! WATCH “Sick for Profit”: Robert Greenwald Documentary Exposes Salaries, Claim Denials of Healthcare Profiteers
»»» Dean Baker @ Democracy NOW! WATCH A Hidden $34 Billion Bank Subsidy? Study Exposes How Taxpayers Are Subsidizing Bank of America, Citigroup, Wells Fargo and Other Large Banks
»»» Rep. Barbara Lee @ Democracy NOW! WATCH As Afghan War Enters 9th Year, Rep. Barbara Lee—Lone Lawmaker to Vote Against 2001 Authorization—Seeks to Block New Troop Surge
»»» Alexander Cockburn and David Harvey on GRITtv WATCH Alexander Cockburn and David Harvey: Challenging the Economic Order
»»» Nomi Prins on GRITtv WATCH Nomi Prins: It Takes a Pillage
»»» Wes Clark on The Agenda Energy dependence. Retired US General Wesley Clark on the risks of his country's insatiable appetite for oil, and what can be done about it. WATCH The Interview: Wes Clark
»»» NASCAR on ABC It's the Pepsi 500 from Fontana California on the 2-mile oval Auto Club Speedway! Coverage begins at 2:30 pm et
»»» MLB on TBS Divisional Round Coverage continues Sunday at Noon ET! Congratulations to the LA Dodgers, who swept the St. Louis Cardinals!
»»» Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN is over! See you next season!
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!
AG ERIC HOLDER: INVESTIGATE "TORTURE MEMOS" Alliance for Justice Tortured Law (see 10 min video at link) President Barack Obama has ended six years of American torture of suspected terrorists arising from the aftermath of the 9-11 attacks. The torture was originally outlined and sanctioned in 2002 by a series of memos drafted by lawyers in the Department of Justice's Office of Legal Counsel. Were these lawyers simply giving the President their best legal advice? Or was their work part of a larger criminal conspiracy to distort the law and authorize torture? Attorney General Eric Holder recently announced an investigation of low-level CIA operatives who exceeded the grisly authority provided by the "torture memos." But the superiors who ordered these actions, and the lawyers who provided the legal cover have not been held accountable. Will there be a full investigation that follows the evidence up the chain of command? Call on Attorney General Eric Holder to uphold the Constitution and the law by releasing the OPR report and authorizing a full investigation of those who ordered, designed, and justified torture. Only then can the nation truly move forward. CLICK NOW Call on A.G. Holder to Launch a Full-Scale Investigation of the "Torture Memos" and SIGN!
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,348 Military Dead as of Oct 9, 2009
AFGHANISTAN: 871 Military Dead as of Oct 9, 2009
Support iCasualties.org DONATE NOW VIA PAYPAL
2,356 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• Senator Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee
• Senator Saxby Chambliss, R-GA, a member of the Intel Committee and Senate Armed Services
• Representative Jim McGovern, D-Mass.
• General Jack Keane, the retired four-star general
• ROUNDTABLE: The Huffington Post’s Arianna Huffington, former Bush Communications Director Nicolle Wallace and ABC’s Donna Brazile and George Will
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky. (left)
• Sen. Jack Reed, D-R.I., Armed Services Committee (right)
• David Ignatius, Washington Post
• Michael O'Hanlon, Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• GOLF COMPANY - Scott Pelley spends time with a U.S. Marine company in Helmand Province, sent there as part of President Obama's troop buildup in Afghanistan. Henry Schuster is the producer.
• A BLOW TO THE BRAIN - New studies show that athletes, especially professional football players, who suffered many blows to the head, became brain damaged. Bob Simon reports. Catherine Olian and Michael Radutzky are the producers
• THE BIRDMEN - In the latest craze that has killed several extreme adventurers, men don wing suits, jump off mountain tops and glide at speeds of 140 miles per hour. Steve Kroft reports. Tom Anderson is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• SEN. CARL LEVIN (D-MI) Chairman, Armed Services Committee
• SEN. LINDSEY GRAHAM (R-SC) Member, Armed Services Committee
• GEN. BARRY MCCAFFREY (RET.) Former Commander-in-Chief, U.S. Southern Command & NBC Military Analyst
• GEN. RICHARD MYERS (RET.) Fmr. Chairman of the Joints Chiefs of Staff
• ROUNDTABLE: National Journal's RON BROWNSTEIN; The Wall Street Journal's PAUL GIGOT; BBC America's KATTY KAY; and The Washington Post's BOB WOODWARD.
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• Senator John McCain, R-Arizona
• Hour 2 - Howard Kurtz & "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union"
• Hour 3 'Sound of Sunday' segment - soundbites from all the other shows that we can blow up REAL BIG with our guests and more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- NEW! The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast.Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #47 (mp3) Published on 07 October 2009 by admin in Podcast Info - One on one with Ravi Batra! Professor Batra of SMU is the controversial economist who accurately predicted the fall of the Shah, the breakup of the Soviet Union, and the 2008 real estate bubble. He explains how his forecasts are based on the “law of social cycles” and predicts the imminent fall of American capitalism, as detailed in his book “The New Golden Age: The Coming Revolution Against Political Corruption and Economic Chaos”. Batra offers wide ranging comments on the bailouts for Wall St. and Detroit, takes some cracks at Paul Krugman and other economists, and explains why he is one of the few economists who sees poverty as a scourge and working people as assets, not liabilities. Listener Jerry Taylor requested this interview, and we feature our first listener call on a podcast.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• This week on Ring of Fire we’ll be talking with Congressman Barney Frank about the current state of healthcare reform in the House, and we’ll find out if a public option is still being considered.
• We’ve also got author Michelle Goldberg here to tell us how the Religious Right is once again returning to its racist roots by joining forces with the Teabaggers of the GOP.
• Rolling Stone reporter Tim Dickinson will be joining us to talk about the new lies that the Republican Party is trying to sell to America about healthcare reform.
• Comedian Matt Filipowicz will stop by to tell us how conservatives are working to rid the Bible of any reference that could be considered liberal.
• And our good friend David Bender will be here to help me run through the buried stories of the past week that the old time media didn’t bother reporting.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• [OTE22] On the Edge with . . . Jim WillieStacy Summary: “The Demise of the Dollar” story; inflation/deflation and the US dollar and Treasury bonds.
• Timmy Geithner’s bestest friends are bankers Stacy Summary:Yikes, hopefully this one will post properly. Can’t post Huffington Post stuff anymore as they install code that messes up all the other code on the site! Their code is an invitation for you to visit their site, when I am linking to them anyway! Anyway, your thoughts on this headline? Corporatism? Fascism? Insider trading? Feudalism? What do you call it? READ Geithner makes time to talk to select group of Wall Street bankers.
• Bailout financial oligarchs, now every Tom, Dick & Saudi wants welfare Stacy Summary: You bailout one class of oligarchs (the bankers) and every oligarch and monarch in town is coming looking for handouts! READ Saudis ask for state aid if world cuts dependence on oil.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Winslow T. Wheeler (mp3) 28:24 Oct 9 2009. Winslow T. Wheeler, Director of the Straus Military Reform Project, discusses the just-passed Defense Appropriations bill, the calculations that make the real defense budget close to $1 trillion, the accounting black hole at the un-auditable Pentagon and how a post WWII peak in spending only buys a small military with old equipment.
• Scott Horton interviews Melvin Goodman (mp3) 30:40 Oct 9 2009. Melvin Goodman, former senior Soviet analyst at the CIA, discusses Zbigniew Brzezinski’s boast that he instigated the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, Jimmy Carter’s poor decision-making skills, the U.S. habit of devoting massive resources to non-strategic battlegrounds, blowback from the post-9/11 “Axis of Evil” speech and how Gen. McChrystal is overstepping his role by giving unvetted policy speeches.
• Steve Wynn, Chairman and CEO, Wynn Resorts
• Gov. Jennifer Granholm, (D) Michigan
• Gov. Mitch Daniels, (R) Indiana
• Mark Zandi, Chief Economist, Moody's Economy.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!