Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best progressive media!
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
President Obama left the country for China and the Far East last week and Hillary Clinton is back from a rocky Mid-East trip while "To Surge or Not To Surge" is left on the stove to simmer a few more days (or weeks). So SoS CLINTON hits the Sunday talkies with appearances with George Snufagolpolis and Meet the David. Shadowing her is RUDY GHOULIANI on This George, State of the King and Fake Snooze Sunday. Also on Meet the David is a discussion about the bi-partisanshippy Privatizing Public Schools with NEWT "Contract ON America" GINGRICH, Education Sec. ARNE DUNCAN and AL SHARPTON. No that's not a misprint: AL SHARPTON. One has to wonder what Al is doing with these creeps pushing this crap as they tour big US inner cities pushing "education reform"? Speaking reform, Face the Bob has a bunch of Afghanistan "reformers" who want more troops sent there, in varying amounts. Watch to see which of these guests IKE SKELTON, PAT LEAHY or PETE HOEKSTRA want the biggest "surge" even though nobody seems to know what the mission is there (except to guard the proposed pipeline routes). Be sure to watch Robert Greenwald's RETHINK AFGHANISTAN series (6 parts) free online - BUT DON'T click on the screen image of each part, or you'll only see the trailer. Look down a few lines under the photos and click on where it says "Watch Part 1 (2,3,4,5,6) in it's entirety". (h/t ms) CHRIS HEDGES talked to a "U.S. Army first lieutenant who was deployed last year and who asked not to be identified by name" and told him in Afghanistan’s Sham Army at TruthDig: “In the Afghan logistics battalion I was embedded with, the commander himself was extorting a local shopkeeper, and his staff routinely stole from the local store,” the adviser said. “In Kabul, on one humanitarian aid mission I was on, we handed out school supplies to children, and in an attempt to lend validity to the ANA we had them [ANA members] distribute the supplies. As it turns out, we received intelligence reports that that very same group of ANA had been extorting money from the villagers under threat of violence. In essence, we teamed up with well-known criminals and local thugs to distribute aid in the very village they had been terrorizing, and that was the face of American charity.” We have pumped billions of dollars into Afghanistan and occupied the country for eight years. We currently spend some $4 billion a month on Afghanistan. But we are unable to pay for whiteboards and markers for instructors at the Kabul Military Training Center. Afghan soldiers lack winter jackets. Kabul is still in ruins. Unemployment is estimated at about 40 percent. And Afghanistan is one of the most food-insecure countries on the planet. What are we doing? Where is this money going? Look to the civilian contractors. These contractors dominate the lucrative jobs in Afghanistan. The American military, along with the ANA, is considered a poor relation. Read the whole disturbing piece. You can bet Mssrs. Skelton, Hoekstra, and Leahy have no idea what's really going on there. Do check the BTV Alerts section for interviews with former Economic Hitman himself JOHN PERKINS and also on Ring of Fire. PBC discusses the Goldstone Report on Israel's attack on Gaza while Max Keiser has on James Turk from GoldMoney.com. AntiWarRadio didn't have anything new so check out those interviews with SCOTT HORTON and GARETH PORTER if you missed them last week. The Brick TeeVee Crew is sore from raking literally MILLIONS of leaves all week. We keep raking, they keep showing up! Fortunately that spunky Climate Change Thing has brought us unseasonably warm weather, so we rake leaves deep into the night. The War on Terrorist Leaves is ON!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» Eminent Domain Four Years Later @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Eminent Domain Outrage in Connecticut: Pharmaceutical Giant Pfizer to Leave New London, Site of Major Housing Battle
»»» ACORN Law Suit @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Alleging Unconstitutional Targeting, ACORN Sues US Gov't Over Defunding Vote
»»» John Perkins @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Hoodwinked: Former Economic Hit Man John Perkins Reveals Why the World Financial Markets Imploded—and How to Remake Them
»»» Good-bye Firehouse Studios @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Farewell to the Firehouse: After 8 Years at Downtown Community Television Landmark, Democracy Now! Moves to New Home
»»» Week in Review @ GRITtv John Perkins is the author of Hoodwinked and Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, and has written about how corporations push politicians around and even threaten them with violence. Russ Baker, meanwhile, is the author of Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty, the Powerful Forces That Put It in the White House, and What Their Influence Means for America and has written extensively about the military-industrial complex. They both argue that it is nearly impossible for one politician–or even a body of them–to fight the massive private industries that so effectively control and direct the powers of even the U.S. government. WATCH Week In Review: John Perkins & Russ Baker on Secret Empires
»»» Stupak Amendment Discussion @ GRITtv The passage of the Stupak-Pitts amendment came as a shock to many prochoice activists and writers, but it’s not a secret that “pro-lifers” would like to roll back the right to abortion at any chance they get. Jill Filipovic of the blog Feministe, Frances Kissling, contributor to RH Reality Check and Visiting Fellow at the Center for Bioethics, University of Pennsylvania, Diane Archer, Special Counsel & Director, Health Care Policy, Institute for America’s Future, and Eesha Pandit of Raising Women’s Voices for the Health Care We Need join us to talk about strategies for responding to Stupak, and what activists, feminists, and allies can do to make Democrats understand that women are not bargaining chips. WATCH Compromise On Women’s Backs Again
»»» NASCAR on ABC Two races to go in The Chase! It's the Checker O'Reilly Auto Parts 500 from Phoenix International Raceway! Coverage begins at 2:30 pm et
»»» Football in America on NBC Week 10 Patriots @ Colts. Coverage begins at 8 pm et
»»» NBA on TNT Thursday Double Headers! This week Suns @ Hornets (8 p.m. ET) & Bulls @ Lakers (10:30 p.m. ET)
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!
Liberate the OPR Report h/t emptywheel at FDL: Remember the OPR Report–the one that was due done about 8 months ago? The one that showed how John Yoo’s bad lawyer contributed to torture? Whatever happened to that? The Alliance for Justice and Credo are doing a petition today to pressure Eric Holder to release the report. "For the past five years, while the facts have been concealed, questions about the responsibility of the lawyers who allowed torture have been debated in the court of public opinion while they should be settled in a court of law. Releasing the report is the first step in establishing accountability."Click through to sign the petition. SIGN NOW!
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,362 Military Dead as of Nov 14, 2009
AFGHANISTAN: 920 Military Dead as of Nov 14, 2009
Support iCasualties.org DONATE NOW VIA PAYPAL
2,391 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
• former NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Bob Woodward of the Washington Post, Washington Week’s Gwen Ifill, New York Times Columnist David Brooks and David Corn of Mother Jones
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• U.S. Rep. Peter Hoekstra , the ranking Republican on the House Intelligence Committee
• Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., Chairman of the Judiciary Committee
• Rep. Ike Skelton, D-Mo., Chairman, House Armed Services Committee
• Dana Priest, CBS News contributor and investigative reporter for the Washington Post
• Juan Zarate, CBS News national security analyst
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• THE DEADLIEST WEAPON - Byron Pitts and 60 MINUTES cameras spend two days on the road with a bomb-hunting unit in Afghanistan as they encounter one deadly bomb after another. Tom Anderson is the producer.
• RESURRECTING EDEN - In Southern Iraq where many biblical scholars place the Garden of Eden, Scott Pelley finds a water world where the "Marsh Arabs" are making a comeback after Saddam nearly destroyed the "cradle of civilization." Jenny Dubin is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
• Secretary of Education Arne Duncan
• Fmr. House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA)
• Civil Rights Leader Rev. Al Sharpton
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• Senior White House Adviser David Axelrod
• Senator Kent Conrad, D-North Dakota
• Senator Judd Gregg, R-New Hampshire
• former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani
• Democratic Governor Brian Schweitzer
• Hour 2 - Howard Kurtz & "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union"
• Hour 3 'Sound of Sunday' segment - soundbites from all the other shows that we can blow up REAL BIG with our guests and more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- NEW! The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast.Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #62 Published on 05 November 2009 by admin in Podcast Info -- Prof. Stephen Zunes on US repudiation of the Goldstone report; activist David DeGraw says to Wall St.: “Stop, Thief!!” and Tommy Panik files an exclusive report.
• Info on Podcast #65 Published on 1 Nov 2009 by admin in Podcast Info -- Stephen Kohn, counsel to whistleblowers. This is the 10th installment of the Boiling Frogs interview series, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds. Kohn explains whistleblowing as a civil liberties and a First Amendment issue, the role of whistleblowers as enablers of congressional oversight, and discusses the legal and political implications involved in whistleblowing.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• Today on Ring of Fire, former economic hitman John Perkins will be joining us to talk about how the world’s financial markets imploded because of techniques that he employed as an economic hitman.
• We’ve also got author Jim Hoggan with us to give us the inside scoop on how the Republican Party has been so successful in convincing Americans that scientists are torn on the issue of global warming when they really aren’t.
• And comedian Matt Filipowicz will be here to update us on the craziest antics of the GOP, including Michelle Bachman’s latest attempts to rally her teabag followers.
• We’ll also be talking with best-selling author Max Blumenthal about his new book Republican Gomorrah, which tells the story of how a handful of religious frauds have hijacked the Republican Party, and have driven it to the brink of extinction.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• [OTE27] On the Edge with Max Keiser . . . and James TurkStacy Summary: Episode 27, airing 13 November, 2009. With guest James Turk.
• A second American stimulus and an empty Chinese city Stacy Summary: Good morning. I see more government printing in the news this morning. And, this news is, despite what Cramer says, the bad news cause of gold rising. What are you reading? Goldman on why a second stimulus bill is only months away @ ZeroHedge & China’s empty city @ chinadigitaltimes
• Cramer gives three reasons why he is the dumbest man in finance Stacy Summary: This is the sort of article that Mish excels at dissecting, so I hope he does that. But, in the meantime, I think Cramer’s own statements are comment enough on just how stupid he is. READ Cramer says three reasons that rising gold is good sign That is 1. Rising gold means weak dollar, which is good for business 2. Rising gold suggests deflation is not a problem 3. Rising gold indicates signs of reflation, so prices should recover
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews The Other Scott Horton (no relation) (mp3) 50:58 Nov 1 2009. The Other Scott Horton (no relation), international human rights lawyer, professor and contributing editor at Harper’s magazine, discusses Bush administration torture documents just released to the ACLU, the DOJ’s embarrassing 8-30 losing record in Guantanamo habeas hearings, how Gitmo was filled up courtesy of Pakistan’s bogus “terrorist” roundup after 9/11, Dick Cheney’s culpability in allowing Pakistan’s ISI to evacuate Taliban and al Qaeda leadership from Afghanistan, the Cheney family’s frantic pre-emptive defense against possible DOJ prosecution, the British High Court decision to disregard the CIA request for secrecy in the Binyam Mohamed torture case and the inspiration FOX’s 24 has been to torturers around the world.
• Scott Horton interviews Gareth Porter (mp3) 27:39 Nov 1 2009. Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for Inter Press Service, discusses Iran’s counter-proposal to the IAEA enrichment deal, the ambiguous meaning and political sensitivity of nuclear “breakout capability,” continued defense of the 2007 Iran NIE by U.S. intelligence agencies, a new generation of efficient uranium centrifuges intended for use at the Qom facility and how the ever-increasing sanctions imposed on Iran by Congress are tantamount to declaring war.
• former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani
• Sen. Jack Reed, D-R.I.
• Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.
• Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!