Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best progressive media!
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Everybody load up bricks for This Snufagolpolis and guest crazies MARY CHENEY and MARSHA BLACKBURN while DEBBIE WASSEMAN SCHULTZ tries to hold her own against maximum crazies spewing every LIE about the recent health insurance give-away. You know, of course, that this billl CODIFIES health insurance industry practices into law and will FORCE you into one of the bogus health care insurance's "poliicies". Luke Mitchell explains at Harper's (subscription) Understanding Obamacare The story of capture is repeated again and again, in industry after industry, whether it is the agricultural combinations creating an impenetrable system of subsidies, or television and radio broadcasters monopolizing public airwaves for private profit, or the entire financial sector conjuring perilous fortunes from the legislative void. The real battle in Washington is seldom between conservatives and liberals or the right and the left or “red America” and “blue America.” It is nearly always a more local contest, over which politicians will enjoy the privilege of representing the interests of the rich. And so it is with health-care reform. RECAP: FOR PROFIT Medi-Pharma screws us for years and years and now when the SH1T hits the fan Congress gives their blessing to a RIGGED SYSTEM that benefits huge FOR-PROFIT conglomerates instead of PROVIDING HEALTH CARE FOR ALL. This is, in essence, another "capture" move for the for-profit health-care industry. Don't get us started on the next "capture" give-a-ways to the Nuclear Energy or "Clean Coal" industries. Meanwhile Face the Bob gets a matchup with uber-regessive JON KYL against CHUCK SCHUMER. FAKE NEWS gets DEBBBIE STABENOW fighting off regressives KIT BOND and ARLEN SPECTOR. Watch "The Cost of Dying" on 60 Min after football. Next DICK DURBIN, DIANNE FEINSTEIN, KAY BAILEY HUTCHISON and JOE LIEBERMAN engulf Meet the David to push forward this 'BI-PARTISANSHIPPY" bill on how good/bad it is. State of the King has an ALL DEM board selling this piece-o-crap with MICHAEL BENNTER (CO) JEANNE SHAHEEN (NH) & SHERROD BROWN (OH) (Sherrod we had such great "hope" for you). The Brick TeeVee Crew is busy rehabbing a rental suite (painting, cleaning and so forth) AND HIT DEADLINE so, for brevity we repeat last week's progressive stuff. Please support FSTV, PBC, GRITtv, MAX, ANTIWAR RADIO AND OUR REGULARS ANY WAY YOU CAN. NEW! BrickTeeVee welcomes BOB KINCAID from HEADON RADIO for his Wednesday Prayer Meetin'! Bob explains the fervor over tee-shirts from CafePress that advocate DEATH to The President now being sold on Cafe Press. Please give a listen and support HEADON RADIO! Happy Turkey Day!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» The Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee Testimony h/t Mary! Witnesses: Gen. Wesley Clark, USA (ret.)Former NATO Supreme Allied Commander, Europe; Dr. Kim Kagen, President, Institute for the Study of War; Dr. Gilles Dorronsors, Visiting Scholar, South Asia Program Carnegie Endowment for International Peace; Dr. Andrew F. Krepinevich, Jr, President, Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments. WATCH wvx files HERE (41:48) and HERE (1:27:29)
»»» John Perkins @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Eminent Domain Outrage in Connecticut: Pharmaceutical Giant Pfizer to Leave New London, Site of Major Housing Battle
»»» Eminent Domain Four Years Later @ Democracy NOW!
»»» ACORN Law Suit @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Alleging Unconstitutional Targeting, ACORN Sues US Gov't Over Defunding Vote
»»» John Perkins @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Hoodwinked: Former Economic Hit Man John Perkins Reveals Why the World Financial Markets Imploded—and How to Remake Them
»»» Good-bye Firehouse Studios @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Farewell to the Firehouse: After 8 Years at Downtown Community Television Landmark, Democracy Now! Moves to New Home
»»» Week in Review @ GRITtv John Perkins is the author of Hoodwinked and Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, and has written about how corporations push politicians around and even threaten them with violence. Russ Baker, meanwhile, is the author of Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty, the Powerful Forces That Put It in the White House, and What Their Influence Means for America and has written extensively about the military-industrial complex. They both argue that it is nearly impossible for one politician–or even a body of them–to fight the massive private industries that so effectively control and direct the powers of even the U.S. government. WATCH Week In Review: John Perkins & Russ Baker on Secret Empires
»»» Stupak Amendment Discussion @ GRITtv The passage of the Stupak-Pitts amendment came as a shock to many prochoice activists and writers, but it’s not a secret that “pro-lifers” would like to roll back the right to abortion at any chance they get. Jill Filipovic of the blog Feministe, Frances Kissling, contributor to RH Reality Check and Visiting Fellow at the Center for Bioethics, University of Pennsylvania, Diane Archer, Special Counsel & Director, Health Care Policy, Institute for America’s Future, and Eesha Pandit of Raising Women’s Voices for the Health Care We Need join us to talk about strategies for responding to Stupak, and what activists, feminists, and allies can do to make Democrats understand that women are not bargaining chips. WATCH Compromise On Women’s Backs Again
»»» NASCAR on ABC LAST WEEK of The Chase! Fom Homestead Florida! Coverage begins at 2:30 pm et. Congrats to Jimmy Johnson, Mark Martin and Jeff Gordon, the first time teammates finish 1-2-3 in Cup History. Watch anyhow. See you in Daytona!
»»» Football in America on NBC Week 11 begins at 8 pm et
»»» NBA on TNT Thursday Double Headers! Tune in!
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!
Liberate the OPR Report h/t emptywheel at FDL: Remember the OPR Report–the one that was due done about 8 months ago? The one that showed how John Yoo’s bad lawyer contributed to torture? Whatever happened to that? The Alliance for Justice and Credo are doing a petition today to pressure Eric Holder to release the report. "For the past five years, while the facts have been concealed, questions about the responsibility of the lawyers who allowed torture have been debated in the court of public opinion while they should be settled in a court of law. Releasing the report is the first step in establishing accountability."Click through to sign the petition. SIGN NOW!
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,364 Military Dead as of Nov 21, 2009
AFGHANISTAN: 923 Military Dead as of Nov 21, 2009
Support iCasualties.org DONATE NOW VIA PAYPAL
2,398 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC) Exclusive Health Care Debate!
• Sen. Ben Nelson (D-NE)
• Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK)
• Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL)
• Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN)
• ROUNDTABLE: Powerhouse roundtable of George Will, Robert Reich, Liz Cheney and Walter Isaacson from the Aspen Institute
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• Republican Sen. Jon Kyl of Arizona
• Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer of New York
• Dr. Jennifer Ashton
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• THE COST OF DYING - Many Americans spend their last days in an intensive care unit, subjected to uncomfortable machines or surgeries to prolong their lives at enormous cost. Steve Kroft reports Andy Court is the producer.
• WITNESS - Recently freed after four months of interrogation and torture at the hands of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, Newsweek reporter Maziar Bahari tells his story to Bob Simon and writes about his ordeal in the next issue of Newsweek. Michael Gavshon and Drew Magratten are the producers.r.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
•SEN. DICK DURBIN (D-IL) Assistant Majority Leader
• SEN. DIANNE FEINSTEIN (D-CA)
• SEN. KAY BAILEY HUTCHISON (R-TX)
• SEN. JOE LIEBERMAN (I-CT)
• DR. NANCY SNYDERMAN, NBC News' Chief Medical Editor
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et. THREE Demcratic senators about the health care bill:
• Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado,
• Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio
• Senator Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire
• Hour 2 - Howard Kurtz & "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union"
• Hour 3 'Sound of Sunday' segment - soundbites from all the other shows that we can blow up REAL BIG with our guests and more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- WEDNESDAY PRAYER MEETIN' with Reverend Bob Kincaid! Can I get an "AMEN"?
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. Bob’s Show Topics: To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877)443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
TODAY'S MEETIN' : Wed Nov 18 2009 King James Version Psalms 109 Verse 8 et. al. Amen for the mp3! Praise to White Rose Society for the podcasts! AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
- Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #62 Published on 05 November 2009 by admin in Podcast Info -- Prof. Stephen Zunes on US repudiation of the Goldstone report; activist David DeGraw says to Wall St.: “Stop, Thief!!” and Tommy Panik files an exclusive report.
• Info on Podcast #65 Published on 1 Nov 2009 by admin in Podcast Info -- Stephen Kohn, counsel to whistleblowers. This is the 10th installment of the Boiling Frogs interview series, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds. Kohn explains whistleblowing as a civil liberties and a First Amendment issue, the role of whistleblowers as enablers of congressional oversight, and discusses the legal and political implications involved in whistleblowing.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• Today on Ring of Fire, former economic hitman John Perkins will be joining us to talk about how the world’s financial markets imploded because of techniques that he employed as an economic hitman.
• We’ve also got author Jim Hoggan with us to give us the inside scoop on how the Republican Party has been so successful in convincing Americans that scientists are torn on the issue of global warming when they really aren’t.
• And comedian Matt Filipowicz will be here to update us on the craziest antics of the GOP, including Michelle Bachman’s latest attempts to rally her teabag followers.
• We’ll also be talking with best-selling author Max Blumenthal about his new book Republican Gomorrah, which tells the story of how a handful of religious frauds have hijacked the Republican Party, and have driven it to the brink of extinction.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• [OTE27] On the Edge with Max Keiser . . . and James TurkStacy Summary: Episode 27, airing 13 November, 2009. With guest James Turk.
• A second American stimulus and an empty Chinese city Stacy Summary: Good morning. I see more government printing in the news this morning. And, this news is, despite what Cramer says, the bad news cause of gold rising. What are you reading? Goldman on why a second stimulus bill is only months away @ ZeroHedge & China’s empty city @ chinadigitaltimes
• Cramer gives three reasons why he is the dumbest man in finance Stacy Summary: This is the sort of article that Mish excels at dissecting, so I hope he does that. But, in the meantime, I think Cramer’s own statements are comment enough on just how stupid he is. READ Cramer says three reasons that rising gold is good sign That is 1. Rising gold means weak dollar, which is good for business 2. Rising gold suggests deflation is not a problem 3. Rising gold indicates signs of reflation, so prices should recover
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews The Other Scott Horton (no relation) (mp3) 50:58 Nov 1 2009. The Other Scott Horton (no relation), international human rights lawyer, professor and contributing editor at Harper’s magazine, discusses Bush administration torture documents just released to the ACLU, the DOJ’s embarrassing 8-30 losing record in Guantanamo habeas hearings, how Gitmo was filled up courtesy of Pakistan’s bogus “terrorist” roundup after 9/11, Dick Cheney’s culpability in allowing Pakistan’s ISI to evacuate Taliban and al Qaeda leadership from Afghanistan, the Cheney family’s frantic pre-emptive defense against possible DOJ prosecution, the British High Court decision to disregard the CIA request for secrecy in the Binyam Mohamed torture case and the inspiration FOX’s 24 has been to torturers around the world.
• Scott Horton interviews Gareth Porter (mp3) 27:39 Nov 1 2009. Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for Inter Press Service, discusses Iran’s counter-proposal to the IAEA enrichment deal, the ambiguous meaning and political sensitivity of nuclear “breakout capability,” continued defense of the 2007 Iran NIE by U.S. intelligence agencies, a new generation of efficient uranium centrifuges intended for use at the Qom facility and how the ever-increasing sanctions imposed on Iran by Congress are tantamount to declaring war.
• Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn.
• Sen. Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich.
• Sen. Kit Bond, R-Mo.
• Sen. Arlen Specter, D-Pa
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!